[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commorragh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8
File: commorragh.jpg (170 KB, 429x600) Image search: [Google]
commorragh.jpg
170 KB, 429x600
>How big is Commorragh?
>How many eldar live there?
>What would it take to destroy it?
>>
>>44485532
Big enough to require several stars to power it, and it takes up a considerable portion of the webway, a galaxy spanning system.
All the Dark Eldar, and some xeno races.
Destroy it? Something that could eliminate an entire solar system wholesale.
>>
It is the biggest ecumenopolis shown in 40k, bigger even than Terra itself.

Imagine a place whose length spans several planets all lined up and in where buildings can exists in any direction and dimension.

There are probably billions of Dark Eldar inside and probably even more slaves. The only thing that could bring that down would be several simultaneous Exterminatus and I like to think that such destruction would be enough to rip the thin fabric that separates the webway with the Warp and flood it all with Daemons.
>>
>>44485532
spread out over a chunk of the web way with separate bases port cities and outposts that aren't directly connected
id imagine a few billion as a guesstimate
not worth it their just as likely to destroy themselves
>>
>>44485569
>Destroy it? Something that could eliminate an entire solar system wholesale.

so nids?
note to imperium: find way to put main hivefleet in Commorragh (can at least stall for time)
>>
>>44485532
>>How big is Commorragh?
uh
>>How many eldar live there?
uhh
>>What would it take to destroy it?
uhhh
>>
Very big
Alot
Alot of dakka
I hope that answers your questions
>>
>>44485729
>so nids?
In the DE homebase?
That's like saying a hivefleet would be able to take Terra.
No, it will not. At worst, you will have the warring DE houses unite for the first time to fuck the nids, capture as many as possible, and turn them into a new source of entertainment.
>>
>>44485849
keep in mind said main hivefleet have destroyed entire galaxies

pretty sure they can destroy both Terra and Commorragh at the same time
>>
>>44485914

yup.
>>
>>44485841
>I hope that answers your questions
Good answers.
>>
it buggers me now. DE has ork slaves?
>>
>>44485841
not orky enough

better answers should be
not az big az da orkz
not az much az da orkz
da orkz
>>
ive read somewhere that salamanders once raided commoragh in rescue mission, but some marines are MIA. what happened to them? maybe they went rogue like? good game idea btw
>>
>>44485532
So big that it can be measured sensibly using the speed of light.

Trillions of Dark Eldar if you count the vat-born and withered. Quadrillions possibly if you start counting non-eldar denizens.

Vect once posted one of his rivals a black hole in a box as a prank. It destroyed one satellite realm.

To destroy the City of Sins you would have to hit every section of it with, at utte bare minimum, nuclear warheads at the same time.

Possibly a more practical thing to do would be use deamons. No Warp Fuckery is the only law Vect enforces
>>
>>44486020
>not orky enough
Was the answer supposed to be orky though?
>>
>>44485532
>What would it take to destroy it?

Ultramarines.
>>
>>44486069
>To destroy the City of Sins you would have to hit every section of it with, at utte bare minimum, nuclear warheads at the same time.
I really don't know much about the setting but is that all humanity could do? Nukes?
>>
>>44486059
They broke in, caused some havoc on a rescue mission that Vect set up to eliminate some rivals, then buggered out.
That said, a place like Commoragh is right up the Salamander's alley in terms of tactics; tight, close quarters where shield, hammer, and flamer are gonna carry you far.
>>
>>44486139
but what happened to those who went mia? i dont think they allowed themselves enslaved.
>>
>>44485729

Nids gain access to webway, how fucked is everything?
>>
This all is making me wonder if a Space Marine Chapter could be born and exist in Commorragh from slaves and such, then fight their way out to the Materium.

They'd be hard as fuck.
>>
>>44486095
Look at this as- wait, you know what? Thats actually a good idea.
Toss their entire chapter (along with zombie Guilliman) into the city, and lock all the doors.
It literally solves both the problems!
>>
>>44486206
Allowed, no.
Doesn't mean they weren't captured.
>>
>>44486267
probably they died defending to the last man
>>
>>44486217
Nids, Nids EVERYWHERE (so the usual)
>>
>>44486139
>Close quarters

What I'm getting here is that we should send the Salamanders, Space Wolves, and Black Templars in on a massive crusade. Like, the whole of all three chapters. They'd tear the place apart.
>>
>>44486225
i see rather someone as spartacus (or few space marines) leading slaves revolt leading to escape from commoragh
>>
>>44486225
just have GW classify Commoragh as a death world and have badasses human refugees from it
>>
>>44486304
Kick Space Wolves out get White Scars and Raven Guard in there.
>>
>>44486284
DE like to capture, not kill.
>>44486304
Need more numbers, flat out. We are talking literally about billions of combatants on their home turf.
This includes the entire DE fleet. Even if the marines could make a foothold on the ground, the DE will rule the sky and bomb them to dust.
>>
>>44486225
Well, If I recall correctly some Dark Eldars have managed to reproduce a few of the Space Marine organs.

A mad cabal creating a unique extra sadistic Space Marine chapter à la carte isn't within the realm of impossibility.
>>
>>44486116
Fuck no.

That's the bare minimum.

Planet cracking missiles, sun ending nova bombs, the all consuming Life Eater virus and that's just the normal stuff.

In the fortresses of the Inquisition there are the forbidden things and fire man was never meant to hold.

And beyond that in whispers hushed and fearful the nameless things from another era held beneath the red sands of Mars in the labyrinth of night.
>>
>>44486332
Don't know why I didn't think of the Raven Guard. Why kick the Space Doggies out, though? I thought they loved CQC.

>>44486338
...Okay. Yeah, the fleet was a thing I failed to consider. Is there anything of particular value in the city that could be sabotaged? That seems like a thing Marines would be up for.
>>
>>44486407
So, just send in one Life Eater virus warhead and the great/notorious city Commorragh would be no more?
>>
>>44486436
We honestly don't know enough about the place itself to know that.
>>44486464
Sections of Commorragh can be cut off from others, it's connected via portals in the webway.
>>
>>44486311
I remember a guy in one of my BC games that had a PC like that.
Half-eldar escapee slave.
Dear god i hated her...
>>
>>44486464
The Inquisition had to stop using the Life Eater virus because it feed Nurgle. If used in the Webway it would probably open a way to a Nurglite Daemonic mass invasion.
>>
>>44486436

Salamanders and BT as advancing at slow pace cleaners

RG and WS as shock tactic troops, countering DE easily

Space Puppies suck and are unorganized like this machete mob from Mali, they would screw up battle plans
>>
>>44486479
>because it feed Nurgle
Tough luck. Which would imply that a "Planet cracking missile (?)" would feed Khorne?
>>
>>44486304
They'd do a bit of damage to one of the districts before they all died or worse.

It would be about the level of slightly elevated gang violence. It's probable the high ups wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>44486511
It is a war device so yes.
>>
>>44486511
+1 Shitty lore.
>>
>>44486526
life eater virus is also a war device.
>>
>>44486464
It might cleanse one section.

Might.

One section.

Vect created a black hole as a prank. The cities economy didn't notice.
>>
>>44486528
Ok. What about a "suffering warhead" which would feed Slaansh or a "magic missile" which wou-

:Time to get out of this thread".

Fuck it. Why not blow Commorragh up, or however it is spelled anyway? Nurgle or Khorne will only be fed for a while anyway and Dark Eldar will/would be annihilated?
>>
>>44486585
>Why not blow Commorragh up
Like I said, you'd need something that could take out at least something the size of a solar system in one shot without time for countermeasures.
>>
>>44486617
What about a so called "life eater virus" then? Shouldn't that be enough, if the city is situated on one planet? :and sorry for being an ass, I really don't know this setting that well, but shouldn't that be enough? It sounds like it would anyway:
>>
>>44486585
Can't be done by conventional means.

WMDs are use in fights between street gangs.

There is only one thing that could kill The Dark City. Warp sorcery. It's why Vect made it, and it alone, illegal.

And somewhere in the city that four armed bastard with the head collection is trying to open a door to the Warp. Or somewhere else.
>>
>>44486649
Well its kinda like the planes from DnD.
Different pockets of real-space that are connected.
>>
>>44486649
It's not on a planet.

It's a series of connected realms that can be isolated in emergencies located in an adjacent universe where physical dimension is a bit mutable.
>>
>>44486696
"Heyyyyyyyy its Slaneshy patrol!"
>>
>>44486699
>Well its kinda like the planes from DnD.
>Different pockets of real-space that are connected.
Ah, ok. But let's assume that all those "pockets" could be destroyed all at once by a particular warhead (life eater, or whatever), in this partciular setting. Would that be done? :curious:
>>
>>44486749
That would worry them.

If anything could fuck up their party time it would be that.
>>
>>44486799
well time to open that gate in commoragh just for keks
>>
>>44486749
"Bitch, we birthed Slaanesh"
>>
>>44486894
and you are devoured slowly like he is probing his fingers up yoru buttholes
>>
>>44486776
Staging a massive assault on a district, large enough to dump enough Life Eater into it... doable, but with enormous casualties, and things are certain to not go according to plan. To do it in all districts simultaneously? Nigh impossible.
>>
File: 1425860828421.jpg (265 KB, 500x778) Image search: [Google]
1425860828421.jpg
265 KB, 500x778
If Dark Eldar are so powerful, why aren't they the rulers of the Galaxy? If their street gangs fight with WMDs, why not use those guys and their weapons to quickly conquer a planet? Or is this thread just full of DE wankers?
>>
>>44486983
I am not saying that it will happen. That is, it seems impossible, after all the city comes across as "pockets" so to speak. What I am curious about is whether if it could be destroyed with a particular warhead (such as a life eater one) would the imperium do it? Or would that make Nurgle (or whomever) to powerful for the time being? If you understand what I mean...
>>
>>44485532
Drop a few C'tan shards in there and retire to a safe distance.
There is no safe distance.
>>
>>44485914
>keep in mind said main hivefleet have destroyed entire galaxies
[Source Needed]
>>
>>44487052
Two big reasons.

Firstly if they spend too long out of the Web-way they wither and die at an accelerated rate to normal. Living in conventional reality for extended period of time is not a practical option for them.

The other reason is that the the thing most Dark Eldar hate more than any other, bar Slaanesh, is other Dark Eldar.

Its like with the Orks. If the orks ever got their shit together they would stomp the galaxy flat. It just won't ever happen.
>>
>>44486007
>Commorragh has everything your heart, or lack thereof, desires. You want human slaves? We got em. Ork slaves? Hell yeah, we've got those too. Eldar slaves? I hope you brought a big check with you. We've got Tau, Kroot, some tyranids, even some necrons. Psykers? Not here, but I'm sure our raiders can scoop one up in the materium for you. Space marines? It'll literally cost you an arm and a leg, but we have em. We've got everything an enterprising monster could want and more in Commorragh
>>
>>44487165
I'm looking for a Primarch; dark hair, mustache answers to the name of Khan. Have you got one?
>>
>>44487165
*Dumps a hammerspace bag filled with crystallized suffering onto the table*

BRING ME PETER PAN!
>>
>>44487165
And now im imagining a dark eldar with a jew nose,
Thanks for that.
>>
>>44487129
most fluff on the nids (granted it's only rumors)

it's like asking for a source proving that the astronomicon is powered by the souls of millions of psykers
>>
>>44487216
The dark eldar looks at you for a few moment, then casts conspiratorial glances around. He leans in and whispers, just barely audible: "We call him Vect now."
>>
>>44487260
Give me a single source that they have eaten a galaxy. All we know is that they're likely from another galaxy.

It's like the theory that nids are running from something. While a nifty concept, there's no proof.

The only thing we know to exist outside of the galaxy are Nids and Orks.
>>
>>44486510
Then plan around that. Knowing that the Space Wolves can fight effectively in an unruley and unpredictable is an advantage. The city would need to constantly keep track of their erratic and destructive movements giving the beakies have chance to go unseen and place ambushes repeatedly.
>>
>>44487212
We've got two!
>>
>>44487284
>Peter Pan is Vect.
That suddenly makes that cartoon a lot more sinister. Just what drug was he dosing those kids with to make them fly? Or at least hallucinate flying?
>>
>>44487055
It would depend on the means, but in all likelihood they'd go for it. There would be dissent, but the Imperium is geared more towards reacting to rogue elements than preventing them.
It's possible that the boost to Chaos might even be helpful, in a twisted way, because Chaos fights itself as much as it does humanity.

>>44487052
Dark Eldar are extremely vulnerable in realspace because they have no soulstones to protect them from the drain of Slaanesh. The drain is weakened somewhat by the structure of the Webway so they try to stay inside it wherever they can. Additionally, if they die outside the Webway and their body isn't recovered quickly enough, their soul is consumed by Slaanesh and subjected to an eternity of torment.
As a result of this, the Dark Eldar have hyperspecalized in mobility for hit-and-run tactics, and have very few units suited to holding ground. They could conquer a planet, but not keep it.

Plus, they're such backstabbing fucks that they'd tear their own empire down for fun. The only reason Commoragh works is Vect and MAD.
>>
>>44487324
>the nids are running from something
Ugh, I always hate seeing that one.
>the Zerg are running from something worse
>the Cabal is running from something worse
>the Vasari are running from something worse
at some point, I just want to see the actual evil they're running from.
>>
>>44487052
They are vulnerable in Materium. Their souls are not protected by Soul Stones or the Laughing God and when they leave the Webway they begin to wither. Even in the Dark City they have to perform acts of extreme violence so that they can absorb the life essence of their victims. If the Dark Eldar took over the universe and enslaved all of the other races then every living thing would die. In Materium they would wither too quickly and even with the uncountable number of beings for them to torture to death it would eventually not be enough. They would run out of lesser being to "eat" and then turn on themselves until nothing was left.
>>
File: Brutal.png (61 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Brutal.png
61 KB, 267x200
>>44487400
grimdark
>>
>>44487398
The aliens from Half-Life 1 were running from something greater and that plot was awesome.
>>
>>44487434
Wat. I thought the aliens were a multiversal empire?
>>
>>44487324
ok can't find it on lexicanum

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tyranids#The_Great_Devourer
>The current collection of Tyranid Hive Fleets have migrated to the Milky Way Galaxy, presumably after overpopulating or overfeeding in other nearby galaxies of the Local Group. Given that each Tyranid Hive Fleet has approached the Milky Way from a different direction, this may imply that the Tyranids have consumed a disturbingly large number of nearby galaxies.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tyranid
>Imperial scholars suppose them to be either en route from a galaxy they successfully scoured of all life, or retreating from some force even nastier than they are
>>
>>44487398
Giant ardorous space dicks.
>>
>>44487434
I thought those brain things were rivals to the Combine and after freeman defeated them and disappeared they just swooped in on top of an already weakened humanity.
>>
>>44487434
Don't lynch me or anything, but I've never played a Half-Life game.

Don't get me wrong, it can work as a setup just fine. Barbarian migrations because they're being chased by Huns is older than print. It's just annoying when it keeps befalling every single alien invader that has their own perfectly good reasons for invading without anyone chasing them.
>>
>>44487431
keep in mind that eldar the the failiest race in 40k

of all the races that have possibility of taking down the Imperium, eldar or any kind aren't one of them.
>>
>>44487465
The Xen aliens were running from the Combine aliens who are a multi-dimensional empire.
>>
>>44487465
Ya, but in HL1 the aliens were actually escaped combine slaves being led by the Nihilanth. The Nihilanth hints at this a few times.
>>
>>44487513
>first link
>presumably

>2nd link
>1d4chan

I will accept even black library sources. Not wikis anyone can masturbate over and call it canon (even though that's kind of 40k's shtick)
>>
>>44487393
>It would depend on the means, but in all likelihood they'd go for it.
Good to hear it. Because if the wouldn't that would imply that they would dance to the tune of chaos. I am as said not that familiar with the setting, but good to hear that they humans aren't pussies.
>>
>>44487571
Xen was under the control of those Floating brain aliens. The Combine just conquered earth first because Freeman iced the leader brain.
>>
>>44487544
They were former slaves.
>>
>>44487591
>presumably
>granted it's only rumors

also
>Give me a single source that they have eaten a galaxy.
don't ask for evidence if you don't really want it.
>>
File: Scorpion 01.png (340 KB, 902x761) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion 01.png
340 KB, 902x761
>>44487564
Fuck you, Mon-Keigh shit lord! Come say that to my fucking face! Oh wait, you can't. Your disgusting short, fat bodies can't reach the glorious and elegant height on my chin. My chin that shoots fucking laser beams. Go blow your corpse-god, animal filth.
>>
>>44487643
I asked for a source. Codices, Black Library, Forge World, even FFG's books. Not 2 wikis that are notoriously full of errors and fan fiction.
>>
>>44487630
According to what? They were in control of an entire factory filled with their slaves in HL1 and then aren't seen again in HL2.
>>
>>44487673
at least my soul isn't on Slaanesh's silver platter

and we still have an empire rather than a space platform, bunch of forest, and a ghetto.
>>
>>44487673
>Go blow your corpse-god, animal filth.

No thanks. We've learned from your mistake.
>>
>>44487700
I just recall reading it in an article years ago. You can see the vortigaunts wearing the same mind control devices in HL2. As for the guys that shot the insects at you, don't know what happened to them.
>>
>>44487763
>not wanting to fellate the glorious cock of the God-Emperor
You've learned nothing, heretic.
>>
>>44487620
>Because if the wouldn't that would imply that they would dance to the tune of chaos.
Well in their defense, Chaos is pretty much outright stated to be the dominant force of the setting. It's fundamentally immortal, indestructible, inescapable for all human life, because human life itself feeds the Warp.
>>
File: Underratedpost.gif (341 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
Underratedpost.gif
341 KB, 375x266
>>44487359
>>
File: appalled and smiling.png (134 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
appalled and smiling.png
134 KB, 500x269
>>44487805
>Wasting His seed that could be used to improve humanity for the sake mindless veneration at the expense of the reason for that veneration.

What the fuck are you doing heretic?
>>
>>44487359
DO they have tattoos that sot of look like snakes?

If yes we may have met them before.

They were all Alpharious.
>>
>>44487906
>implying He can't impregnate you orally, regardless of your gender.
You dare deny the infinite power of the God-Emperor!?
>>
>>44487398
the Zerg weren't running from anything
they just found Brotoss to eat and they were hungry
>>
File: 1449054411836.gif (901 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
1449054411836.gif
901 KB, 230x173
>>44487969
>Suggesting the Emperor is some sort of gene-stealer

WTF? This isn't heresy. Heresy is calling the Emperor kin to a witch. This is something new and I wish I had never seen it.

The Armageddon Concentration Camps are too good for the likes of you.
>>
>>44487165
Support for Sister of Battle and for GW to not sell models one by one. What is your price
>>
>>44488205
>"We don't deal with the Ruinous Powers here. "
>>
>>44487393
I've heard the no soulstone thing several times. why don't they make/steal some?
>>
>>44488519
I think it's yet another ancient thing no one knows how to make. There's that whole tears of Isha myth about their origin eons ago, and I don't think any Eldar know how to create more. In order to maintain good relations/manipulate the Craftworlds, the DEldar have most likely given all of their soulstones up to them. As long as they keep torturing their slaves, they don't really need them.
>>
>>44488571
Dark Eldar have lost their link to the Immaterium. They have no more psychic potential and soul stones only work when an Eldar is psychically bonded to it.
>>
>>44488654
Oh right, forgot about that. Yeah, so they just sell them to the Craftworlds for favors and shit.
>>
>>44488519

The stones are Isha's tears.

To get them you have to go to worlds inside the Eye of Terror and find a place/time where you can watch The Fall happen.

Isha weeps for her children and her tears must be collected.

This a high risk job. Demand always, always, outstrips demand.

The reason why craftworlders don't replenish their race by vat-grown people like their Dark City kin? because without a soul-stone they are birthing life only to die. And worse than die.

In anycase it doesn't grant immortality.

Even with soul-stones the average craftworld eldar lives for about 2,000 years. Then it's to the infinity circuit if they are lucky.

Dark Eldar are immortal if they can find enough victims and don't open boxes posted to them from Vect.

To a Dark Eldar the Infinity circuit is another sort of hell. The equal and opposite to Slaanesh.

Only in life, in the Dark City is the party to be found.
>>
>>44486069
>So big that it can be measured sensibly using the speed of light.
Just fyi this isn't really too informative since the modern meter is also based off light speed
>>
>>44488519
Having soulstones and not adopting a rigid and restraint life still is pointless.

Look at the Corsairs. Despite having soulstones, their shenanigans put them on a knife edge. At any moment Slaanesh will corrupt them or outright consume them
>>
>>44486983
The haemonculy make an antidote for the cristal virus before it make great damage, life eating virus is a walk for the park.
>>
>>44488744
>The stones are Isha's tears.
>To get them you have to go to worlds inside the Eye of Terror and find a place/time where you can watch The Fall happen.
>Isha weeps for her children and her tears must be collected.
What? :time to have a look at 40k lore again:
>>
>>44485723
>not worth it their just as likely to destroy themselves
They've been chilling their for 10,000 years without any danger of wiping themselves out. Unless Khaine's Gate fails and they're wiped out by Chaos, they aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>44489493
>Unless Khaine's Gate fails and they're wiped out by Chaos
It's either the Emperor or wazzdakka not chaos.
>>
>>44485532
The more important question is why anyone would want to destroy it. Sure, the Dindeldar are evil monsters, but in the end all they do is loot and kidnap on a comparatively minor scale. All effort invested in destroying Commoragh could be used more productively to stem the tide of Chaos while just allowing half a planet to get sucked into the Webway now and then.
>>
>>44489493
15,000 years. The Fall occurred in the 25th millennium at the beginning of the Age of Strife, which began the Deldar way of life.
>>
>>44489614
Khaine's Gate is a closed portal to the Warp right in the middle of Commoragh which is growing weaker and more unstable every day. The moment it fails, Daemons will poor into the Webway and start dragging the DEldar down to meet their daughter. It's pretty much the main existential threat to them atm.
>>
>>44489493
>They've been chilling their for 10,000 years without any danger of wiping themselves out.
>>44489660
>15,000 years.

Not true, they've come close to wiping themselves out with disjunction events before.
>>
>>44489694
When the Emperor or wazzdaka pass trough that door you'll feel dumb.
>>
>>44489792
Like when.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.