[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Vulkan's Perpetual regeneration abilities so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Vulkan_Dropsite_Massacre.jpg (885 KB, 1142x1478) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan_Dropsite_Massacre.jpg
885 KB, 1142x1478
Why are Vulkan's Perpetual regeneration abilities so much more effective than the Emperors?

If the Emperor has a level of precognizance/omniscience, and created the Primarch, couldn't he have thought to use his genetic abilities to heal himself after he was wounded by Horus?
>>
I think it has to do with the emperor having to divert his power elsewhere
>>
>>44475161
When Four Chaos Gods decide to join together to ruin your day, they ruin your fucking day, especially when you are holding back to not hurt your precious little babby boy.

What a fucking tool, the Emperor.
>>
File: nothing wrong i say.jpg (664 KB, 1022x1400) Image search: [Google]
nothing wrong i say.jpg
664 KB, 1022x1400
Why are Magnus' Psyker biomancy abilities so much more effective than the Emperors?

If the Emperor has a level of precognizance/omniscience, and created the Primarch, couldn't he have thought to use his psychic abilities to heal himself after he was wounded by Horus?
>>
>>44475218
I also wondered about that myself.

Another question but, was the Emperor more or less powerful alive than he was on the Golden Throne after the HH?

During the Horse Heresy able to take away the Emperors Psychic vision, well before the HH itself to the point that the Emperor feared that he really might die.

On Horus' ship itself, his Primachs were prevented from teleporting him, and the Emperor himlsef failed to even protect those space marines literally right next to him.

...and that was before being so brutalized he was turned into a corpse and strapped onto the Throne, where he now has to protect an entire Imperium's worth of people from Chaos as a whole.
>>
>>44475271
Unlike Horus, Vulkan didn't go traitor during/after the HH and was directly recovered by the Ultra-Marines (somewhat)
>>
>>44475161
I like to think its because while the Emperor modeled the primarchs after himself, he specialized their abilities as their corporeal forms couldn't handle the sheer amount of general POWAH that his could.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44475439
Does that make the Emperor a jack of all trades where the primarchs are at masters of something?
>>
>>44475161
all the chaos gods giving horus power and the emperor being on the throne experiencing the entropy of the warp and having his soul splintering might have something to do with it
>>
>>44475161

>Why are Vulkan's Perpetual regeneration abilities so much more effective than the Emperors?

Because unlike The Emperor Vulkan has actually died.

That's kind of backside to the power of resurrection, you have to die in order to use it.
>>
>>44477479
So are the Cabal right about the whole "Starchild" thing then?
>>
>>44475829
Well, He is supposed to be a paragon of humanity and humans as a species are a jack of all trades
>>
>>44475161
the feels with this pic
>>
>>44477479
So what would have happened if the Emperor let Horus truly kill him?
>>
>>44483051
He dies, Horus feels sad, and destroys both Chaos and humanity together. Alpharius had a vision of what would happen if Horus won and turned traitor because It meant the destruction of Chaos at the cost of humanity.
>>
>>44483175
>and destroys both Chaos and humanity together.
How the hell does he do that?

and that sort of justifies the Cabal

Not to mention wouldn't the Emperor's perpetual abilities kick in upon his death?
>>
>>44483206
I dunno, I don't question Alpharius. I guess without humanity to constantly fuel chaos, Horus wipes it out. Like destroying someone's phone charger so they can't recharge their battery.
>>
>>44483313
>Not questioning Alpharius
Get a load of this guy! I doubt Alpharius the master ruseman would just let himself be a willing catspaw for a group of filthy xenos. He is playing them.
>>
>>44475161

Actually, if you think about it:

The Emperor never died. He's in stasis. He might literally have said - "Guys, I'm needed to hold the Webway Portal in place. Wire me up to the Golden Throne, and once you FIND A SOLUTION, TURN IT OFF."

I'm fairly certain the Emperor could immediately heal himself (Well, not that certain - It's implied that Perpetuals don't 'heal'; Instead, they respawn via the Warp. Damon's body was completely incinerated, but he showed up later with no injuries.) except in stasis, he can't.
>>
>>44477789
Maybeeeeeee. Its heavily implied but who the hell is crazy enough to kill off the thing holding imperium together just to test that theory.
>>
>>44475161
Because HH fluff is stupid
>>
>>44475218
Lol ain't you seen Kung fu panda?
Also I think we are going to see a retcon - think about we only have the emperors word for what happened
So - Horus is so OP he wrecks the emp shit and about to deal the death blow
Then oll pious shows up and something happens so that Horus regrets what he has done
He then anheroes using the athame Oll is carrying on his sliders journey
The whole emp killing him is to explain it without the politically uncomfortable idea that Horus went good
After all it's shown Horus was a better fighter even before he went chaos daemon
>>
>>44475339
I honestly think that more of the Emperor's power was diverted by the broken Webway portal underneath his throneroom that constantly had daemons pouring through it that he wasn't able to focus on the wider Imperium. We may get a little more insight into it when ADB's book Master of Mankind comes out, but there was a blurb in Vengeful Spirit where The Sigilite is talking to The Emperor, and the Emperor basically says that the Daemons are getting difficult to contain, and that its sapping his strength.
>>
>>44483362

He did. The Cabal later state that their plan with the Alpha legion failed, so Alpharius probably rused the shit out of them

Also keep in mind an unknown amount of the AL is still loyal in M41 even if theyr completely renegade, so Omegons/Alpharius long game might still be going on.

Add on top that Omegon is implied to be Janus, the first grey knight grand master and that the GKs have an ultimate plan if the Emperor dies, you can start to see the larger puzzle. Cypher undoubtedly plays a part in this as well
>>
>>44486224
>and the Emperor basically says that the Daemons are getting difficult to contain, and that its sapping his strength.
And now all of a sudden they are easier to contain since the webway is shattered by Magnus to the point he can be a God of man in ways he wasn't remotely before. . .or what?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.