[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Island Quest 22 - New Years Special
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12
File: The Island 1.jpg (20 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
The Island 1.jpg
20 KB, 300x223
Welcome to The Lost Island Quest. Last thread our hero, Alan Rodain, returned to Seaside and survived a sneaky assault. Now, he plans out New Years with his friends.

http://pastebin.com/W5vqnRBU (Character Sheet)
http://pastebin.com/3LPDLd9u (NPCs)

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=lost+island
>>
“Well we should do something for New Years. As a team, y'know?” Dolah nods.

The two of you get up from your table in the back and gather your companions in the center of the bar before discussing New Years with them.

“Well, let's see.” Quissonce starts. “I was talking to Ed about this recently and he said that this year Seaside was actually going to indulge in New Years celebrations for the first time ever. The entire main street is going to be lined with games, performances and vendors hawking tchotchkes.”

Gabby continues it. “Barkeep over there said at around sunset The Sword and Shield is going to bust out the good stuff. The shit they usually rarely sell because it's pretty damn expensive and they're going to be practically giving it away.” She salivates in anticipation.

Eve finishes it off. “Finally, in the dead of night, come the fireworks display, made by the Archmage herself. We're talking spectacle. We're talking magic. We're talking explosions. Light. Up. The. Night. Boom, it's going to be glorious!”

>Alright, let's all meet up for the carnival
>Alright, let's all meet up for the drinking
>Alright, let's all meet up for the fireworks display
>Something else? (write-in)
>>
>>44468939
>Alright, let's all meet up for the carnival
>>
>>44468939
>>Alright, let's all meet up for the carnival
>>
>>44468939
>Alright, let's all meet up for the drinking
We can do individual things during the carnival.
>>
Writing!
>>
“Alright, let's all meet up for the carnival.” Dolah doesn't drink and the fireworks are going to be more about watching the fireworks than hanging out. The carnival sounds interesting enough to provide entertainment while also not being something that will completely require your full attention.

You all agree to meet up at noon the next day to engage in the fun festivities. You make it back to your room at the Circle at around midnight, Ed already fast asleep. You feed Muffin and drink some water to attempt to counteract the slight headache you may have tomorrow from drinking tonight. If you're going to go hard drinking the good stuff tomorrow you want to be in peak phsyical condition.

You rest for the four hours you require, your eyes naturally opening while the world is still dark. You silently settle into your daily prayer to The Great Will, before reaching over to pore over your spellbook. As the dawn of the last day of the year 124 CI comes about you conduct your ablutions and grab yourself a plate of eggs and sausage. Ed himself has started to rouse as you eat in your dorm room.

“Happy New Years.” He casually says to you as he begins to floss his teeth.

“Happy New Years.” you reply.

“You got anything planned for today?” he asks.

“Spending time with the gang during the day.”

He nods his head. “You want to hang out at some point?”

>Sure, let's drink together Ed
>Sure, let's see the fireworks
>Nah, busy

AND

>Go shopping
>Buy someone a gift (who?)
>Say hello to someone and wish them a Happy New Years (who?)
>Have fun with the water-breathing helmet
>>
>>44469772
>Go shopping
>>
>>44469772
>Say hello to someone and wish them a Happy New Years (who?)
Calloway and Gilda
>>
>>44469848
>>44469772
This
>>
Writing!
>>
“Sure, let's drink together Ed. Pop into The Sword and Shield tonight and we'll toast to the New Year.”

He slaps you on the shoulder as he heads out. “See you then, Alan.” He grabs the staff he keeps with him and uses his magic to open the door to your room and then close it behind him, waving bye to you as it closes. You chuckle a bit.

You decide to wish some people well that you haven't seen recently. You head over to The Research Library to find Gilda and that Orcish shaman chatting rather peaceably. Gilda comes up to you and hugs you when she sees you.

“Alan, may I just say that you and your team are absolutely amazing. Happy New Years!” She picks up a noisemaker from a nearby crate and blows it loudly into your face.

After you recover from the aural assault you wish her a 'Happy New Years' back. “Thanks for the compliment Gilda.”

“No, thank you. I've never seen a team so dedicated or successful at bringing back live specimens like yours. Now, I know today is one for celebration and relaxation, but I've never had a bigger and wider selection of profitable opportunities for a delving crew than I do right now. So, remember, any time you feel like making a little more cash I promise I have something that I could use your help for.”
>>
“I'll keep that in mind.” You wave goodbye to her and Hagnoth before making your way to the other side of town. You seem to have come in at the right time as Calloway has just finished a service and all of the parishioners are flooding out into the streets to prepare for the celebrations about to take place.

Father Calloway is dressed in his best priest vestments today. He hugs you as you wish each other a Happy New Years.

“Alan. I'm so glad you've showed up today. I've actually been meaning to give you something to aid you on your journey.” He goes to his bookshelves that run the length of his church walls and quietly scans them with care and contemplation. He finally pulls three books off the shelves and walks over to you. “The Great Will is an all-powerful deity, but he upholds three values as his most cherished domains of influence. These are the qualities of life he maintains and guides his faithful to defend. To provide health. To preserve order. And to champion the good-hearted. Which do you believe would you be most interested in dedicating yourself to?

>Health
>Order
>Good
>>
>>44470696
>>Good
We beat up assholes anyways.
>>
>>44470696
Would Health focus on healing spells?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>44470696
Can't chose between Health and Good.
Rolling. 1=Health 2=Good
>>
>>44470696
>>Good
>>
Writing!
>>
Fuck missed the vote
>>
Fuck, there goes the extra healing we could have gotten.
>>
>>44471075
Hey I asked about it. Nobody was home.
>>
>>44470742
>>44470882
We aren't a championing type of guy, though. That's more Dolah. We've worked for order and in practical terms healing the wounded.
>>
>>44471132
No the only people home were chucklefucks like Wrenloft.
>>
File: 1446790500762.gif (497 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
1446790500762.gif
497 KB, 500x204
>>44471195
>>
>>44471172
Eh just showed up myself, while I would have went with health good probably has some nice detection, protection, and possibly smite! So while not my first choice its by no means a bad one.
>>
“Championing the good-hearted.” Calloway nods and puts the other books back before placing the one he holds into your hands. The Anthology of Goodness by Father Curtis.

“This book contains multiple pieces of scripture and stories of The Great Will and his combat with the vile enemies that plagued his creations. It also possesses treatises and discussion from paladins and priests of how best to do his bidding in preventing evil from taking hold in the hearts of men. Many battles from the Ancient Times are included as well as some legends of noble knights cleansing the land of darkness. Read it and The Great Will will lend his strength to your enlightenment.”

You thank him. As you prepare to leave, Father Calloway stops you momentarily. “Alan, there is a tale in that book that I would like to, well, warn you about, I guess would be the best way to put it. One of a knight defeating an evil sorceress. There is actually some debate about that particular one and I would not mind going over the various discussions about it. Just keep an open mind, Alan.” That was slightly weird.

You carry the book with you back to your room in the Circle before meeting up with Quissonce and Eve. The three of you make your way to The Sword and Shield where you pick up Rowe, Kyra and Gabby.

It takes you a bit of waiting, but eventually Dolah shows up and your whole crew is together. As a team, you walk through the main street.

There are ball toss games set up. Dancers, jugglers, musicians and singers all wearing garish costumes practice their craft. Wizards and sorcerers from the Circle show off some new spells they've perfected for some of the more mundane citizens. Vendors are selling masks and shirts.

The foot traffic on the main street is as high as it has ever been, with crowds of people walking back and forth looking at all the interesting sights.

>Ball toss
>Buy a mask
>Buy a shirt
>Check out the dancers
>Check out the singer
>Check out the casters
>>
>>44471610
>>Check out the casters
>Check out the singer
>>
>>44471610
>>Buy a mask
>Check out the casters
>>
>>44471610
>Buy a mask
>Go check out the dancers and take Kyra with you
>>
>>44471681
>>44471610
This
>>
>>44471610
>Buy a mask
>Buy a shirt
>Check out the dancers
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Dolahs fun new helmet.png (278 KB, 466x280) Image search: [Google]
Dolahs fun new helmet.png
278 KB, 466x280
You make your way over to the cart selling masks. Dolah has also decided to come here to check out the different colorful-looking disguises the dwarf who runs it is offering. She looks through the masks on display and eventually decides on an odd-looking helmet made out of metal with weird red eyes and some sort of breathing apparatus. The dwarf charges Dolah a small fortune for it, but she pays for it willingly. She seems to find something about it quite familiar.

For your own selection, you see a plague doctor's mask in the facsimile of a bird's beak. You spot a quaint, blue Oni mask. A classic back in Ceril. And you also see a variety of masks in the shape of different sapients. Orc, dwarf, elf, goblin, halfling, gnome, and even ones in kobold and lizardfolk. Guess Gilda gave this guy access to see some of the new species of sapients you've discovered on the Island.

After purchasing the mask you want you head over to where the dancers are performing. They seem to have their own little, cordoned off area. Kyra is watching them looking rather bored as they perform. They're doing a standard Cerilian folk dance with lots of partner switching and twirls.

>Buy the blue oni mask (50 gold)
>Buy the plague doctor mask (50 gold)
>Buy the mask of a sapient (10 gold) [Specify]

AND

>Watch the dancing with Kyra
>Tell Kyra to go dance
>Grab her hand and take her to the dance floor
>>
>>44472464
>Tell Kyra to go dance

If she refuses
>Grab her hand and take her to the dance floor
>>
>>44472464
>Watch the dancing with Kyra
>>
>>44472464
>>Buy the plague doctor mask (50 gold)
>Tell Kyra to go dance
Don't forget to check the singers and mages!
>>
>>44472464
>Tell Kyra to go dance
I know you can style all over them.
>>
>>44472464
>Buy the plague doctor mask (50 gold)

Seconding >>44472543 for the dancing
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Oni Mask.jpg (916 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
Oni Mask.jpg
916 KB, 1944x2592
You decided to buy the blue oni mask. It's the standard, but it was particularly well-made. You slip it onto your face and approach Kyra from behind as silently as you can.

She sighs as you come up to her. She glances back casually to you and then gives you a thumbs up. “Improvement.” You look from her over to the dance floor and then back to her. She stares at you blankly. Oh yeah, you really can't utilize facial expressions while wearing a mask. So instead you opt for a more direct approach.

“Go dance.” Her eyes go wide as she looks from you to your surroundings. Everyone is busy having fun or looking at things going on in the festival. No one is paying attention to your conversation.

“There are people around.” she responds.

“And those people are dancing. Go dance.”

“I don't know this –”

“Yeah you do. Go dance. The demon spirit demands it.” That slight blush comes over her face again as her gloved hands curl tightly around the post she is holding onto. You hear the sound of the leather stretching before she gives one last sigh and hops the dividing rope onto the dance floor. There's no dearth of male dance partners and she quickly joins the frolicking fray.

You watch her for a bit. She's pretty good. It's not exactly a complicated dance, but she possesses a skill and exactness in going through the moves that is captivating to look at. You admit to getting lost in the music as a fiddle player provides the tune, thumping his leg down in time with the claps, slaps and twirls of the dancers. Time passes as you watch.

You come out of your pleasant fugue realize the rumbling of the Earth is not coming from the stomping feet of the dancers or the sheer number of people who comprise the foot traffic. What is causing that? Is it an earthquake?

>Find your allies
>Look for a guard
>Warn people to get off the street
>>
>>44473367
>>Look for a guard
Goddammit I just want to grind some classes.
>>
>>44473367
>>Warn people to get off the street
then
>Find your allies
>>
>>44473367
>Warn people to get off the street
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Ankheg.jpg (375 KB, 640x965) Image search: [Google]
Ankheg.jpg
375 KB, 640x965
No. That's not an earthquake. Whatever it is is moving. You feel it pass underneath you, going farther down the street. Down, beneath the earth some depth. You have no clue what it is but you feel your breath start to shorten in fear. Its stalking you.

“EVERYBODY OFF THE STREETS NOW!” You shout in the middle of the crowded area. The people nearby turn around to look. The dance continues, but Kyra herself stops and looks towards you. “Something is coming from beneath the ground.”

Kyra goes to the fiddle player and stops him. The dancing stops. Rowe, who is nearby playing the ball toss game holds her shot. People are staring at you.

A nearby guard speaks. “You sure that's not just the booze kicking in?” He laughs.

Suddenly Bartom bursts from the crowd and walks to you. “Are you people idiots? Listen to his fucking voice. That's Alan Rodain.” Of course, you're still wearing the mask. You pull it up and let people see who you are. The color drains from the guard's face.

He turns to the crowds. “ALRIGHT! YOU HEARD HIM! GO!” People rush away from the main street, heading down side streets and bolting to residential areas. Thankfully it happens in an orderly manner. Rowe comes over to you with a questioning look on her face. Kyra stalks over to you, listening intently. You quickly scan for the others and can't find them.

Then you feel the trembling of the earth get worse. They can feel it now too. You look at each other before running back from the spot you were standing on. Mere moments later the loud sound of the earth cracking is followed by the sight of a large brown monster burrowing into the middle of Seaside's main street. Somewhere in the distance you hear the ringing of an emergency bell and people screaming.

This large monstrosity rears its ugly head, green, gobs of acid drip from its insectoid maw.

>Attack it with your sword
>Back up and use your bow
>Retreat and look for the others
>>
>>44474197
Yeah not getting close to that if I can help it.
>>
>>44474197
>retreat and look for others
>organize and go with rowe up on a building and start firing at it.
>
>>
>>44474280
>>44474197
This
>>
>>44474197
>>Back up and use your bow
We seriously need some offensive magic
>>
>>44474197
>>
roll me 2d100, best of 3!
>>
Rolled 65, 11 = 76 (2d100)

>>44474467
>>
Rolled 78, 25 = 103 (2d100)

>>44474467
>>
Rolled 31, 42 = 73 (2d100)

>>44474467
>>
Writing!
>>
File: Efficient Quiver.jpg (45 KB, 427x800) Image search: [Google]
Efficient Quiver.jpg
45 KB, 427x800
You back up from that disgusting, giant insect thing while pulling your bow out from the extra-dimensional space that exists inside your quiver. Remember when your life was about making sure you sold sugar for the right amount of gold?

You nock an arrow and shoot it right into the maw of that thing. It screams in pain as your shot strikes true. But you watch as the acidic goop in its mouth quickly dissolves the shaft of your arrow. Best if you don't touch that

Rowe looks from the carriage-sized monster down to the cowhide ball in her hands. She makes a 'huh' sound before chucking it at the thing and rushing off down a side street. The creature, with its other targets out of range, aims for Kyra. It stoops down to bite her in half with its giant mandibles. She leaps back from it, throwing a knife at the thing's eyes. The shot isn't accurate, but it's distracting enough to make the beast recoil and pause instead of pressing the attack.

You loose again. Sending a second arrow into the beast's hide. It screeches once more before slinking back beneath the earth.

You hear the rumble again. Oh no. No no no.

>Run down a side street
>Climb up a building
>Run back down the main road away from the thing
>Retreat and look for your allies
>>
>>44474964
>Climb up a building
Get to high ground!
>>
>>44474964
retreat, and wait for it to come back up, it could collapse a building were on top of.
>>
>>44475141
>>44474964
Eh good point. This

Pop expeditious retreat too just in case.
>>
Writing!

>>44475141
>>44475173
Could you extrapolate a bit?
>>
>>44475208
I suppose run down the main street baiting it to come back up.
>>
>>44475208
Retreat down the street, wait till it comes up and attack it then.
>>
>>44475208
Why not run up and down this street? Keeps the fight in a single spot so that others can find us easier without risking going to an area with civilians
>>
>>44475365
I second this.
>>
You take the quick lull in the action as a chance to bleed Expeditious Retreat into your bones. And then you retreat down the main road, trying to outpace the thing as it follows after you. You notice Rowe has managed to climb her way up on top of a building. Her bow crackles to life with that electricity enchantment. You've lost sight of Kyra completely which is generally a good thing.

The thing bursts from the ground again, too far away from you to bite. You do this any more though and the main street will be filled with giant, monster-sized potholes. Best to take it down now. Rowe looses a crackling arrow into its carapace. You shoot it once more in the front. Kyra appears from a side street and slashes across the thing's back with her sharp-edged katana.

Its bleeding. Its dying. You won.

As it wobbles in its death throes, the monster opens its mouth as wide as possible. And a jet of green, goopy acid arcs its way out of its maw straight at you. It splashes onto you and covers you. You can already hear it sizzle away at your flesh. You can feel the burning. You throw the bow on the ground, acid already chewing its way through the upper limb of it. You pull off the oni mask and chuck it. Thank The Great Will you were wearing that, as most of it is covered in green goop. You're lucky none of it dripped into your eye holes.

Kyra has already rushed over to you to help you get off the breastplate. You fling that to the ground as well. She cuts off a good part of your breeches with a knife and throws it away. Looks like you're wearing shorts for the rest of the day. You feel yourself calming down as you realize that thankfully other than a small burn on your leg, none of the acid got on you. You fish out your marble and heal yourself.

“The others killed one of these things about two streets over that way.” Rowe shouts, pointing to the east. “You alright Alan?”

“Yeah, I'm good.” you shout up to her.

She laughs. “Time for drinks?”

>Yeah
>Nah
>>
>>44475750
>>Yeah
>>
>>44475750
>>Yeah
Did we just lose our breastplate and cloak?
>>
>>44475750
>Yeah
>>
>>44475750
>Yeah
And heal up anyone from the other group who needs it. Dolah probably got it but she might have run out.
>>
>>44475750
>Yeah
>>44475802
Breastplate maybe cloak probably not. Magical items tend to be sturdy.
>>
>>44475750
>Yeah
Apparently I'm famous now. Maybe I'll get some free booze at the bar.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>44475834
Well the cloak may have a hole in it but hopeful that can be sewn up? In any case I'm not too sad about the breastplate. More importantly given recent gold influxes in the last few threads I'm thinking a shopping segment is overdue. Like a fuck you I'm rich shopping segment.
>>
>>44476401
I'm more interested in increasing our classes lvl than shopping right now
>>
>>44476401
Exactly. Time to get magic armor.
>>
>>44476445
I think we're getting drunk right now. I wanna increase class levels too as well as shop. But I think the fact we're short of buck naked and just lost our super useful bow and armor facilitates at least a little shopping first.
>>
“Yeah!” You look over to where Kyra is inspecting your tossed equipment. “Any of it salvageable?”

Kyra nods and throws you your Elven cloak that got thrown off in the save-your-life scramble. “Bow's fucked. Armor's fucked.”

You rub your head. “Shit.”

Kyra looks at you. “Blackburn'll replace it.”

“But my oni mask.” You look over to where it is slowly dissolving into a pile of blue paint.

Kyra gives you a hard stare as the hurt is apparent on your face. She sighs. “I'll get you another one.”

You smile and get up from where you sat down. Rowe comes down to you two and you make your way over to the rest of your friends.

Quissonce is currently blasting Dolah's plate mail with the decanter of endless water, while Dolah herself stands in her normal clothes with Gabby and Eve off to the side. The corpse of another one of these monsters lies slumped awkwardly between two buildings.

“You armor ruined?” Rowe asks as you all approach.

Dolah shakes her head as Quissonce shouts over the geyser. “No. Magically-enchanted equipment is way too sturdy for something as weak as Ankheg ichor.”

You look at the rest of them. Dolah speaks. “Finn called it an Ankheg. I guess that's as good a name as any.” She huffs. “I guess the festival portion ends early.”

You gather your crap as you make your way to the The Sword and Shield. A dozen or so unhappy looking guards are left to deal with the corpse and the aftermath. One of them grabs a shovel and starts to fill the street.

As you pour into the establishment you spot Bartom, who quickly orders you all a round of drinks.

“Happy New Years!” he cheers as you're brought seven cups of Sealord wine. None for Dolah and two for Gabby.

>Make a New Years resolution (what?)
>Ask Bartom if you're famous
>Look for Ed
>Ask Rowe if she got to have any fun
>>
>>44476696
Keep an eye out for Ed.
>>
>>44476696
I hereby resolve to drink more booze.
>>Look for Ed
>>
>>44476696
Then
>Look for Ed
>>
>>44476796
second
>>
Writing!
>>
>>44476696
>>Ask Bartom if you're famous
>>44476894
But I guess I'm too late
>>
“So Rowe, did you get to have any fun?” you ask as you drink. Oooh. That's some good stuff.

Rowe seems to be thinking the exact same thing as she puts down her cup. “Yeah actually. I was absolutely destroying that ball toss game. I didn't get a chance to collect my reward from the half-orc runnning it, but I'll just consider it a gift from me to him.”

As you finish your Sealord wine while Gabby double-fists hers, you realize you said you were going to hang out with Ed. He might not show up for a few hours, since you specified the evening and it must be around 3 right now. But you keep your eye out.
>>
And you spot him pretty quickly. You wave him down and he walks over with a smile on his face.

“Alan, how are you.” you shake hands.

“Well, I killed a giant bug in the middle of town and was almost dissolved to death.”

He laughs in a concerned manner. “Yeah, I heard about that. Not the, you killing it part. But the giant bugs in the middle of town part. Quissonce. Eve. Dolah. Rowe. And . . .”

“Gabby.” Gabby grabs Ed roughly by the forearm and shakes.

“Kyra.” Kyra lifts her glass in recognition.

Ed pulls up a seat next to you. “Ed.” He turns to you. “Alan, you and I and Dolah, if she wants to . . .”

Dolah shakes her head. “I don't drink.”

“Ah, that's a shame. Well, Alan. You and I have to drink grog together.”

“That foul shit!?” Gabby says as she sticks her tongue out in disgust.

“Yeah. Its an Orcish tradition.”

Gabby shrugs. “Fuck it. I'm in.”

Ed gets up and grabs three glasses of grog and doles it out to you. He stands. “Alright time for the chant. Here's to honor. I offered her my honor. She honored my offer. And all night long I was on her and off her.”

“So here's to honor, cause its better to be honor than off her” Gabby finishes. And the three of you drink. Dolah is thoroughly unimpressed.

As conversations begin to permeate your group, Ed turns to you and gestures with his empty tankard to Gabby nonchalantly. “Uh, is she, Asslap?”

>Yep.
>Nope.
>Ed, I got some explaining to do.
>Say something else? (write-in)

AND

>Ask Kyra if she enjoyed getting to dance with a partner for once
>Challenge Gabby to a drinking contest [NOT RECOMMENDED]
>>
>>44477492
>Yep, but uh

>>
>>44477492
>>Ask Bartom if you're famous
Don't bring that shit up again Ed.
>>
>>44477492
Drinking contest
>>
>>44477492
>>Yep.
drink more booze
>>
>>44477492
I seriously don't want this to go on.

WE MUST CHANNEL OUR INNER GABBY
>>
>>44477492
Obviously, this is reverse psychology.
>>
Guys come on. Lets stay conscious for the fireworks.
>>
>>44477492
>>Ed, I got some explaining to do.
Not this drinking contest shit again
>>
>>44477522
>>44477492
Seconded.
>>
>>44477492
>>Yep.
>>
>>44477492
>Yep.
now onto actual business
>>
>anons voting for the retarded option
Might as well just put on a death mask.
>>
Alright, I'm just going to make sure everyone's being honest and not samefaggin'.

So final destination vote. Respond to this post by only linking and giving the number. Any additions to your post will make it null and void. Don't greentext.

1 Drinking Contest

2 No Drinking Contest
>>
>>44477698
>>
>>44477698
>>
>>44477698
>>
>>44477698
>>
File: Metatron.png (20 KB, 510x556) Image search: [Google]
Metatron.png
20 KB, 510x556
I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.

The Great Will is disappointed in your lies.

Writan!
>>
>>44477698
>>
>>44477847
Those disgusting drinking samefags. I bet they are also chaosfags
>>
File: 1449131086250.jpg (93 KB, 609x626) Image search: [Google]
1449131086250.jpg
93 KB, 609x626
>>44477873
>>
>>44477847
Metatron is like Great Will
They ain't shit but hoes and tricks
>>
File: law vs chaos.png (199 KB, 992x1856) Image search: [Google]
law vs chaos.png
199 KB, 992x1856
>>44477878
>>
>>44477878
>>44477915
Ya'll niggas need to chill and see that at the end of the universe there will be complete order in the form of a perfectly uniform distribution of matter brought about by chaos
>>
>>44477997
Yeah yeah.

Chaos will eventually lead to Law and in turn Law will eventually lead to Chaos.

The White were right.
>>
>>44478033
>being a quitter
>>
>>44478041
>Not seeing the truth because you attach yourself to one side so strongly you deny the other.
You ain't never reaching enlightenment with that attitude.
>>
“Yeah, she is. But I might have misled you a bit about my personal life.” Ed crocks an eyebrow. “Long story short, I'm not dating her. That whole episode was more about my own self-esteem.”

Ed nods a bit. “OK. That, uh, that's . . .OK.”

Your group moves on to drinking something called dragon punch whiskey. Gabby and Bartom agree to drink four shots of it one after the other, but you don't feel like destroying yourself before the fireworks. You only drink one and it sure does feel like a punch down your throat as it burns away harder than Ankheg ichor.

“Hey Bartom.” you shout to him after he and Gabby have finished their challenge. “Am I famous? Are we” you gesture to your group. “famous?”

Bartom shrugs. “Well, after that display in town, maybe. But, mostly it's just the guards and those of us who are a bit more well-informed that have a sense of exactly who you people are.”

“And who the fuck are we?” Gabby asks as she drinks a fifth shot of dragon punch whiskey.

“Something we haven't seen in a long time. Heroes.” Gabby laughs uproariously as she pours herself a sixth shot.

You yourself move on to Linnorm mead. Sweet and strong. You share some of it with Kyra.

“You enjoy dancing with a partner for once?” you ask her.

She smiles despite herself. “Prefer ballet. But yeah. It was fun. Thanks.” You raise your glass to her and down your drinks in sync.
>>
Hours pass and night comes to pass. Most of you are at least a bit sloshed, save for Dolah. Gabby has . . . well, Gabby has gotten drunk. You thought you had seen Gabby drunk before. You hadn't. No, tipsy Gabby is a lot like sober Gabby. But drunk Gabby is . . . well,

“Hey Quissonce.” Gabby leans over from where she is half-sitting, half-slumping in her seat in a booth in the back of the bar. “I have a secret to tell you.” She gestures for Quissonce to come over to her. Quissonce walks over from where she was talking with Ed. Quissonce bends a bit at the knees to listen in.

“Yeah Gabby.” Gabby quickly leans up and kisses Quissonce on the lips before laughing hysterically. Quissonce just stands there with a resigned look on her face before going back to talking with Ed.

“Hey Quissonce.” Gabby says again. “Come over here. I have a secret to tell you.” She gestures with her finger.

“Gabby, I don't think you do.”

“No, seriously this time.” Gabby tries to sit up. “It's a magic secret.” Quissonce freezes where she stands. “It'll help you learn magic.”

Quissonce has a very conflicted look on her face. She sighs and walks back over to where Gabby is seated. “Alright Gabby. What's the secret?”

Gabby leans up and kisses her on the lips again, before laughing hysterically once more. Quissonce walks back to Ed. “I really don't know what I was expecting.”

“Hey Quissonce!” Quissonce sighs. “I got a secret to tell you. This time I swear to The Great Will, it's important!”

“No Gabby. You don't.”

“No, this time I mean it.”

“No, you don't.”

Gabby laughs. “Fine, fuck you! HAHHAHAH.” She looks over to where you and Gale have been chatting for the past couple minutes. “Hey Alan. I got a secret to tell you!”

Gale just gives you a resigned look as he laughs into his beer mug.

>Go over there, don't let her kiss you
>Go over there, let her kiss you
>Alright everybody, time for fireworks!
>>
>>44478417
>>
>>44478417
>>Alright everybody, time for fireworks!
>>
>>44478417
>>Go over there, let her kiss you
>>
>>44478417
Yeah that's a drunk person. Fuck it.
Then
>>
>>44478417
>>
>>44478417
Instead let her kiss a fist.
Threaten to cut off her booze.
>>
>>44478417
>>
File: 1450640747204.png (207 KB, 610x686) Image search: [Google]
1450640747204.png
207 KB, 610x686
>>44478545
Anon...
>>
Writing!
>>
>>44478560
better than filthy waifufagging
>>
File: 1450799026949.jpg (56 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
1450799026949.jpg
56 KB, 600x455
>>44478646
You've never been to a party with alcohol have you? Lighten up.
>>
>>44478671
No. I like being grumpy.
>>
Fucking waifufags
>>
“AL! AL, come over here. This is a secret that could win us the whole war. Defeat the Empire from the inside! AAAAAAAAAAAL!”

Gale gives you a look. “You know she's going to do that for the rest of the night.” You nod. Yeah.

You head over to the back of the bar and lean down. “Yes Gabby. What's the secret?”

She leans up and kisses you, before laughing hysterically. “The emperor likes it up the ass.” She breaks into another series of fits. Okay, either that's hilarious or you're drunker than you thought. You laugh along with her. “Hey, have I ever told you about my uncle Kelly?”

“No Gabby, you haven't.”

“He was like, the father I never killed. The best. Kelly . . . Bradshaw. The absolute best. I've got another secret to tell you. About the Empire.” She's already giggling, disrupting her chance to pull off her next master ruse.

Your eyes are drawn to Eve as she casts a spell sending magical light shooting off into the bar as she stands upon a table. The rest of the bar quiets down and looks upon her as well. “Ladies and Gentlemen, the fireworks are about to –”

“EVE! I have a secret to tell you!” Gabby interrupts her.

“Later, Gabby. The fireworks are about to begin so if anyone who would like to be wowed and amazed by the magical stylings of a Grandmaster Wizard, please vacate the bar and keep your eyes on the sky! Thank you!” Eve hops off the table and people begin to finish their drinks and head outside.

Gabby is having difficulties. Made worse by her assuring you she desperately has another secret to tell you. Dolah comes over and offers to help you carry her outside.

“Hey Dolah. I have a secret to tell you.” Gabby tells the half-orc as she helps lift one arm of Gabby's.

“Do not kiss me.” Dolah responds as you pick Gabby up by the other arm.
>>
File: Fireworks display.jpg (60 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
Fireworks display.jpg
60 KB, 500x268
“Wait, no. I need to confess my sins. You've reached me. I'll turn towards the light just turn your head a bit –” Gabby tries her hardest, but Dolah refuses to move her face in the general vicinity of Gabby's lips.

You are the last ones out of the bar.

You look into the sky and wait for it to happen.

As the first fireworks light up the night they start off very simple. They explode into images of the Cerilian flag. The continent and its borders before the rebellion. Of the distant past when Ceril was first conquered and added to the Kardas Empire's many states.

Then the next few ones that go up do things no normal fireworks should do. They move and dance. They show change and progress. They explode into the first meeting of the Cerilian senators. The decision to rebel. The signing of the treaties and the declarations of independence.

The battles are shown in green and red colored explosions, as cannons made entirely of light fire. Ships move across oceans. Kardas forces retreat across the Muller Mountains and through the Sfar forest. The Cerilian soldiers have won the day. The cheers go up as life begins anew. Cities are rebuilt. The country is reforged into a Republic.

The last grand explosion of fireworks – the finale to end it all – booms so loud that you're scared something might hear. But the courageous roaring swell of it smacks those fears aside. You're Cerilian and proud. You've fought off what this Island has thrown at you so far.

The last thing that remains in the sky is a number. 125. 125 years of Cerilian Independence.

“To a thousand more!” You hear the barkeep yell at the top of his lungs, clapping.

“To a thousand more.” Gale echoes.

“A thousand-fucking more!” Gabby shout-slurs from her position between you two.

One thousand more.

You can only hope.

>End of Thread
I will most likely run this next time on Monday. https://twitter.com/TrickQM
>>
>>44479304
Thanks for running.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.