[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Feiya.png (622 KB, 491x783) Image search: [Google]
Feiya.png
622 KB, 491x783
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Cute academic witches" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44458037
>>
>>44467866
witches are definately lewd though
>>
Bardbarian > Barbaradin > Bardadin
>>
File: 1437805080753.jpg (109 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1437805080753.jpg
109 KB, 600x772
I want to marry a drow!
>>
>>44467887
How can you even have a Barbaradin?
>>
>>44467887
Why is being a super fucking angry Paladin so unsupported? That seems like a thing that should be the first thing you address when you start making hybrid classes, but apparently not?
>>
>Land of the Linnorm Kings campaign
>Tian Xia Campaign
>Taldor Campaign

Which would you want to see first? Assume the DM asking you this knows what they're doing and is willing to hear you out on further suggestions for the campaign.
>>
>>44467866
>"Cute academic witches" edition

I made one, with the Gravewalker archetype. She was a 12 year old girl at Magic School whose main goal was to MAKE friends. The campaign kind of collapsed under its own weight (like eight players, seriously) but I managed to raise about 20 skeletons. I named each one.
>>
>>44467888
>tfw romancing the drow gunslinger in reign of winter
>tfw we're in the session right now and are about to die to a swarm
It was nice while it lasted.
>>
>>44467906
You can't really outside of VMC.

>>44467917
I wanted to make a righteous anger paladin archetype

I'm thinking drop Mercies/channel/lay on hands for rage and a few rage powers
>>
>>44467906

A holy warrior that allows the grace of their god to take over their bodies in the middle of battle.

Instead of getting really, really angry, they let a celestial spirit take over their body.
>>
>>44467924
Taldor campaign, especially since the first two are partially covered in Jade Regent while Taldor is ignored because nobody will let JJ make it Hell's Rebels Part 2.
>>
>>44467945
I meant mostly the Chaotic/LG alignment restrictions.
>>
>>44467841

That's life with smaller-scale pixel art. Some details are hard to depict without using a LOT of real-estate and potentially overstating them.

Elsbeth, on the other hand...

This makes me want to get back into spriting.
>>
>>44467906
Anon solved it yesterday. There were three options that actually made sense:

Dip Barbarian and then spend the rest of your levelling as Paladin (no rage power, behind in Paladin, but you do get it early with your feats intact).

Be full Paladin but VMC Barbarian (get 1 rage power, lose half your feats).

Be full Paladin with that domain-granting archetype, choose the Rage domain (don't get the actual Rage until 11 but you get 2 free Rage powers later, and the Destruction domain's pseudo-smite to add to your own).
>>
>>44467841

You know, I'm sure we could find a drawfag willing to whip up a good picture of your girl.

Dorian pls.
>>
>>44467866
Cute academic witches?
>>
>>44467948

This interest in Taldor makes me mighty tempted to start posting screens of the Taldor, Echoes of Glory supplement.

Because holy shit does it flesh out the empire so it's cool as fuck, especially since it was written back when Paizo was fresh and daring.
>>
>>44467966
Barbarians don't lose their features if they start sitting still and paying attention in class. Paladins just lose theirs if they don't.
>>
>>44467986
There IS actually a barbarian/paladin in Golarion, isn't there?

He came up in a discussion about possible husbandos.
>>
>>44468006
He does do commissions.
>>
>>44468059
>tfw know dorian irl
feels good mang
>>
>>44468043
>A barbarian who becomes lawful loses the ability to rage and cannot gain more levels as a barbarian. She retains all other benefits of the class.
>>
File: Akiros.png (169 KB, 286x312) Image search: [Google]
Akiros.png
169 KB, 286x312
>>44468049
>There IS actually a barbarian/paladin in Golarion, isn't there?

There is, his name is Akiros.
>>
>>44468104
Yeeeah, that's the lad.

Although he's the reverse of the progression here, being a Fallen Paladin who continues in Barbarian, rather than the reverse.
>>
File: His Story.png (170 KB, 310x723) Image search: [Google]
His Story.png
170 KB, 310x723
>>44468104
>>44468049

And here is his story.
>>
What the fuck is Taldor and why do people like it so much?

It looks like hyper-generic medieval Europeland.
>>
If you wanted to inject some Paladin flavor into your barbarian, one option is always Chevalier.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/chevalier

Only one smite, but ya know
>>
File: salt.jpg (25 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
25 KB, 500x441
>supposed to play on monday
>gm says someone might be able to join if we play on wednesday
>today player can't play, apparently no one informed him
>new guy isn't responding either
>mfw this is the only fucking thing I look forward to in life
>>
>>44468041
JUST
DO
IT
>>
>>44468070
True, but he CAN be Neutral on the L/C axis. So I guess he pays enough attention to pass, but doesn't really apply himself, so his teachers hate him because they KNOW he can do better?
>>
>>44468354
>Paladin
>Alignment: Lawful good
You can't have a Paladin that took a level of Barbarian and still gets the benefits of Rage. It just doesn't work. You need to do VMC or other shenanigans to get it. Barbarians MUST be nonlawful. Paladins MUST be lawful.
>>
>>44468070
I don't get this
can't you just fluff rage as being some kind of battle trance that shuts yourself off of anything but battle? Surely there can be discipline and order in that in a way
>>
>>44468406
Hey man, I was just making a joke about the "sitting still and paying attention in class" metaphor.
>>
>>44468425
It was stupid when WotC did it, and it was stupid when Paizo kept it. Paizo puts a lot of stock in alignment restrictions, though. And don't forget they frown on refluffing.

It's still stupid. Houserule it away.
>>
>>44468425
Rage is about unbridled emotion. No room for order in there.

>>44468264
That's a great one to combine with Cavalier too.

Full-power Smite and near-full-power Challenge makes for some tasty hits.
>>
File: ChibiWizard.png (85 KB, 726x1005) Image search: [Google]
ChibiWizard.png
85 KB, 726x1005
>>44467975
Actually, that's one of the reasons why Elsbeth has such an encompassing cloak; it simplifies her overall design and offers a feasible minimalist approach for certain works, such as chibi-esque designs and possibly even sprite work. Hell, her outfit beneath the cloak didn't come into fruition until a year after her conception.

>>44468006
I rarely do pixel art, but I might be able to take a crack at something. If nothing else I could probably help out with base concept work.
>>44468059
And that I do. Still waiting on hearing back from one or two clients before opening up for work again, however. I presume folks aren't going to get back to me until the new year (holiday time and so forth). I might have to start sending emails out again on Saturday..

>>44468069
>feels good mang
liar
>>
>>44468480
You have obviously never met someone who was taken by a cold-burning fury that leaves nothing but ordered, malevolent hate.
>>
>>44467948
>>44468041
It's funny that Taldor is the most influential nation in Avistan but other than Echoes of Glory, we know almost nothing about it.

And most of that has been deemed non-canon by Paizo.

Taldor is so based.

They should team up with Druma and the faith of Abadar/Mammon and rule the world with dosh.

>Hell's Rebel's Part 2
Don't you mean Part 3? Remember, we already did the same thing in Council of Thieves, right down to the plucky CG rebel faction.
>>
Hay does anyone have thr weapons masters handbook?
>>
PsyBomb

>>44461369
Does it actually stack with other enhancement bonuses, then? Because it doesn't say as much last I saw if it does. Also seriously please fix the maneuver-based ones.
>>
>>44468505
Yes, but a Barbarian's rage isn't that type of rage.

It's a berserk frenzy where they can't think clearly. It prevents use of skills, magic, makes you easier to hit...

That sort of rage isn't in any way accurately represented by the effects of default rage.
>>
File: Stickcolor.jpg (99 KB, 675x705) Image search: [Google]
Stickcolor.jpg
99 KB, 675x705
>>44468502
This is one of the first sketches of her, by the way. It's about three or so years old. I think. It's been a while.

In the original mock-campaign where the GM made up everything (including the system we were playing) she was conceived in, she had no magical implement. GM said she found a stick on the ground that seemed to respond to her casting magic, more and more shaping into a wand. She thought she was a badass.
>>
the other option to kinda get that Barb-a-din flavor is a Celestial Blooded Bloodrager.
>>
File: 175px-FEMN_Paladin.png (53 KB, 175x226) Image search: [Google]
175px-FEMN_Paladin.png
53 KB, 175x226
>>44467986
>go that third option
>Paladin who Smites Evil for his level in bonus damage, plus half his cleric level (which is his level -3) in another stacking Destructive Smite
>While raging and getting rage powers
Ubercharging this encounter with NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>44468543
Says who? The fluff on rage is just that you get angry. It never goes into detail on how that anger affects your character's behavior.

Those negative effects could just as easily be part of a single minded dedication to the systematic destruction of your enemy as they could be wild, rabid fury. It's up to the player to decide that.
>>
>>44468555
Goddamnit, that's fucking adorable.

It's like, 10 year old Elsbeth before puberty hit her like the fist of an angry titan.
>>
>>44468070
Horse shit, is that really there? What kind of fucking retard wrote this?
>>
>>44468543
Prevents the use of some skills, doesn't prevent the use of your mind. Doesn't prevent thinking clearly, as you're able to strategize and fight just fine. Makes you stronger and makes you tougher, sure. Easier to hit somewhat. You can't use spells, but you can use all sorts of non-spell magic; the issue isn't with the magic but with the precise parts of holding a spell within your mind.

You could easily fluff it as some sort of zen focus that closes off parts of the mind to shift attention to others, or a battle trance that does something similar.

On top of that, a barbarian's rage is a supernatural fury (not Supernatural, supernatural in the sense of "beyond reality." The very limits of Extraordinary abilities) that literally makes them stronger and more durable. That sort of rage doesn't accurately represent ANY rage.
>>
>>44468263
It used to be the most powerful empire in the Inner Sea, they were the Chosen Ones of Aroden who we already adore, they've got some bad ass fluff, they protect Avistan from the Sand People and every major nation in Avistan (Cheliax, Andoran to name a few) used to be part of it.

Andoran is the OG of Golarion. Its just that Paizo fears offending people by fluffing it out more.
>>
>>44468604
Muh legacy bulllshit, like Monks needing to b lawful. One of the many reasons alignment is cancer.
>>
>>44468505
Couldn't you flavor the smites as that? Hell, that sounds pretty accurate for a Paladin of Torag or Iomedae.
>>
>>44468480
Paladins are allowed to get fucking angry when a demon jaywalks over to a murder across the road! That's their whole character archetype! Righteous anger is a fucking massive thing in fantasy warriors of good and order!
>>
>>44468641
You could. It'd be a pretty neat way to fluff it or many other things.
>>
Novice DM here. Creating a hostile Druid NPC. Should the Animal Companion be factored into the CR?
>>
>>44468648
That's when you fucking Smite things.

SMITE ANGRILY.
>>
Certain tellings of Cu Chullainn give him a connection with the god Lugh and describe his "riastrad" as a divine blessing. Riastrad was a battle fury or "warp spasm" (such an amusing translation) much like barbarian Rage.

So Cu Chullain might be described as a Barbaradin.
>>
>>44468688
Riastrad was far more than a barbarian rage. It physically transformed his body and made him go super saiyan.
>>
>>44468672
No, it's part of being a Druid.
Which is silly, but that's why CR is wonky. Familiars and Animal Companions are part of their abilities, so it doesn't increase CR.
>>
File: lancer.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lancer.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>44468688
>Cu Chullain

he's also a panty dropper holy fuck
>>
>>44468688
Cu Chullain was far from being a Paladin. I honestly fucking hate how "Paladin" has come to describe any "martial character that I like that isn't a 100% asshole all the time".
>>
>>44468706
Sounds like a Bloodrager to me.

Or a Bloodrager that was +Oracle instead of +Sorcerer.
>>
>>44468808
Mythic bloodrager sounds about right.
>>
So team.

On the Bard-a-din while i'm thinking of it, i'm working on traits

obv i picked a +2 init, but from there i'm wondering on the 2nd.

I was thinking Indomitable Faith cause more will saves are never bad, but my will is going to get pretty high anyways cause >gestalt >paladin >huge cha

So i was wondering on other traits. I was considering Divine Warrior - we just treat religion traits as faith traitsish stuff and usually not associated with a god
>>
>>44468585
How much damage could you actually do with that, say at 20th level and spirited charge and shit?
>>
>>44468864

Honestly, when I'm doing traits I always look at aspects of their backstory which might add flesh to the character's bones.

What traits make sense? Does Reactionary really fit her character?
>>
>>44468921
didn't choose reactionary, racial trait of Elven Reflexes, which -does- fit her character.
>>
>>44468909
Your damage levels are "yes" at that point.
>>
>>44468864
Defensive Strategist (PFSRD name, forget the 'real' version) is awesome on most characters who aren't getting Uncanny Dodge.
>>
File: 1418538195179.jpg (83 KB, 629x672) Image search: [Google]
1418538195179.jpg
83 KB, 629x672
>>44468937

Wait, what?

She's a Half-Elf?

A stacked blonde half-elf with good hips and pure, virtuous intentions? Damn dude, you know how to make them.

I'd try Voice of Velvet for an interesting trait, the +1 to Diplomacy always helps and the implications of the trait are pretty cute.
>>
>>44468292
I know that feel.

Really I think one of the most important skills for a TRPG player to learn is getting used to missed sessions.
>>
>>44468997
I know i'm a monster.
>>
>>44467937
i can't remember any drow gunslinger to be honest
>>
>>44469037
It's a player. Just died to a hungry fog, and my cavalier mourned her upon awakening
>>
>>44468997
Half Elves have all the best women.

See Also: Elsbeth.

>>44468909
Bro.

Cavalier, Chevalier, Knight Errant, Chosen Destiny, and a x4 or higher crit weapon.
>>
>>44469037
I think it was another PC that was being romanced.
>>
>>44468864
>So i was wondering on other traits.

Just use the link below and search for skills that sound fun.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/tools/traits-filter

The character's fine, dude. All you really need to do is figure out what aspects of her character need to become class skills.
>>
>>44468425
Why would you need to refluff rage in any way to fit a Paladin?
>>
>>44469131
Dude its a gestalt bard/paladin, everything is a class skill but disable device, fly, survival, swim

So i'm looking more for -fun- traits, especially since i just realized i get double will saves with my familiar so any boosts to that are just crap
>>
>>44469193
equipment traits are fun.
>>
File: agro!.jpg (57 KB, 636x341) Image search: [Google]
agro!.jpg
57 KB, 636x341
>>44469193
Blood Steed. The most fun trait. Maybe see if you can have the DM merge it with the Special Mount you get later, too.
>>
>>44469193

Extremely Fashionable, take it and wear all the jewelry.
>>
>>44468909
Your group has to start houseruling splash damage from how hard your opponents are exploding on contact with you.
>>
>>44469175
wasn't talking about paladin, was just talking in general with silly alignment restrictions
>>
One more Living Legend question: It sounds in the storied blade and shape mind blade descriptors like each role has its own assigned mind blade enhancements? Is this correct? Can you be a trickster with a +1 Seeking weapon, while your guardian role has a +1 Allying that day instead?
>>
>>44469378
That is correct. It's similar to how the Psychic Armory has multiple configurations in their panoply, except that you can only have one out at once.
>>
>>44469406
Alright.
The Archmage one is ranged; but living legend does not have/count as mind-bolts nevertheless, right? So no access to those specific blade skills right?

Nothing critical but do want to ensure I'm a legal character
>>
>>44469481
They don't count as a mind bolt, no.
>>
>>44468997
Oh.

And her perform is sing.
>>
Vicious is untyped energy, correct?
Is it halved against creatures with a hardness, or is only the hardness subtracted from it?
>>
thread is dying ;.;
>>
>>44470455

Thread doesn't die, it just ebbs and flows.
>>
xth for cute dwarves struggling with their arcane studies!
>>
>>44470555
Thats a gnome.
>>
File: DriderbuttC.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DriderbuttC.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>44467888
I want to marry a drider!
>>
>>44470657
I was thinking about it earlier, and I've come to the conclusion that driders would be best suited to beanbag chairs.
>>
>>44470657
So why exactly does she have two butts?

It looks more like she's bent over in front of an otherwise-disembodied spider abdomen.
>>
>>44470774
Explain yourself.
>>
>>44470791
Well, think about it. You think a drider could use a normal chair? No, of course not. Even a couch would be a problem.

So, you get her to lay basically on her bell, the beanbag chair there to hold her up and support the body, legs splayed around it. Would be a pretty solid way to actually give a place to sit/lay for some kind of tauric creature.
>>
>>44470783
Maybe they can collect the front two legs and detach to walk around like a human. Maybe it's just a butt-mounted mechsuit and the drider race are just special drow with the ability to interface with those.
>>
>>44470829
Well a more common tauric creature would have an easier time than driders, since they've got more legs to worry about, and they're oriented to the side.

Like, a centaur could more easily just have their legs underneath them and sit on a couch sideways, whereas a drider's legs pointing out to the side means they'd need more room.

Beanbags, or other large-ish seating without armrests or backs.
>>
>>44467866
How have player couples worked out in your games? Did they get together before or after the game started?
>>
>>44470791
>>44470774

There was a chapter of Monster Musume about this.

Mermaids LOVE bean bag chairs, harpies and centaurs destroy them.
>>
>>44470894
The ones where both cared about roleplaying, independent of each other? Absolutely normal players in every way. The ones where one cared about roleplaying because of the other? Universally disastrous.
>>
>>44470555
>>44470615
Thats psionic studies.
>>
File: DriderbuttB.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DriderbuttB.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>44470783
Shes connected just below the butt because she still needs to poop from there.

And before you ask, she hangs from a thread then hugs her underbelly, which means her butt would face straight down.

And yes, the Vagoo is on the front. Doggy style is for anal only.
>>
>>44467866
Okay, so
If I wanted to make some Aztec warrior or warrior priest kind of thing, what classes would be best 1st party wise, and 3pp wise?
Stuff like Ranger/Hunter, for the animalistic aspect?
Warlord?
>>
>>44471052
That seems incredibly awkward. It'd be easier to just have it in the spider bit.

God fucking damnit, Lolth. You suck at biology.
>>
>>44471052
>Doggy style is for anal only.
Worst waifu.
>>
I think what we can all take from this is that we ought to redirect an ocean into the darklands and remove chaotic dirt for good
>>
>>44471097
she cant help it if her mouth is on the human part. Its only natural to assume her digestive tract ends at the human butt.

And it wouldnt be awkward for a spider. She could stand upside down if she wanted
>>
>>44471152
How does one shovel enough food down that top side to even keep the rest of the body going?
>>
>>44471052
>front two legs positioned like normal drow legs
genius
>>
>>44471189
Pedipalp legs are a miracle of the underdark.

>>44471177
Fueled by magic.
>>
How do I get to quicken spells before i'm level 99?
>>
>>44471052
Do those breed with humans?
Asking for a friend
>>
>>44471275
By not being a moron and expecting action economy breaking to be easy or cheap.
>>
>>44471284
Typically not by choice, and according to source they should be sterile. Driders that is.
>>
>>44471291
I just want to be able to cast a 1st level spell with minimal impact quicker because it literally makes no sense to be casting Wrath for any reason otherwise.
>>
>>44471284
>Asking for a friend
>hurr durr sauce 4 research/science
Fuck off and die, everyone knows you want to fap to it, no one cares, it's not funny.

>>44468688
Cu Chullain is the son of a god and the reincarnation of that god by some slightly strange Gaelic mysticalism, if anyone cares.
>>
>>44471332
Metamagic rods
>>
File: Murderfish.png (482 KB, 815x551) Image search: [Google]
Murderfish.png
482 KB, 815x551
>>44470971

They love 'em so much their protective instincts kick in whenever something threatens it.
>>
>>44471362
Thank you.
>>
>>44471348
>Fuck off and die, everyone knows you want to fap to it, no one cares, it's not funny.

>being this uncool
not cool man, just relax.

>>44471284
Driders are a cursed form for pissing off Lolth. Being drider is generally never a good thing.
>>
So I admit to being a total wizard noob, I find the rules aren't clearly written and contradict themselves often.

I'm particularly confused around 'preparing spells', so it normally isn't a problem for sorcerers.

"If he prepares spells, he can prepare this spell one additional time in excess of the normal maximum number of spells he can prepare."

How many spells can a wizard prepare? Is it one for each spell-per-day they have? IE a third level wizard can prepare 1 2nd level and 2 1st level spells?

So does this essentially just give you an extra spell per day?
>>
>>44471471
Yes. Be sure to check the ability modifiers/bonus spells table, too.
>>
>>44471471

Just read the stupid diagram.

Also, remember if you're a specialist or not.
>>
My Necromancer is now in possession of an undead dragon at level 4. Not a real-deal dragon, but that was definitely in it's types before it got raised, and it's a large sized creature. I intend to use it as a mount. I raised it as a fast zombie for this purpose.
I've got some problems with it, though:
1: It's got fuck-all for health at 52 for this high-power campaign.
2: It's AC is also only 16
3: It rolls -10 to Fly checks since it's Large and Clumsy, and has no skill ranks or bonuses
4: My Ride is 0 because I'm wearing a Breastplate, have no Dex bonus and Ride is not in class for me

Now, I understand that at my level, it's entirely intended for me to fall off the thing comically every so often while it's on the ground, and I'm almost meant to tie myself to it when I need it to fly. That's all fine for right now.
However, I have no fucking idea how to improve this thing. I can't level it up, you know? I doubt the party will ever slay another dragon-like creature for an upgrade, and I quite like this one anyway.
So, I'm asking for help figuring out my options. As far as I can tell, the best I've got is loading up on buff spells and negative energy to deal with it's low health and shit defenses. I mean, it rips things apart, but it can't really get close without dying in 2 turns, as-is.
One of the PCs in the party is an item crafter, so getting some kind of wondrous item for the dragon is not out of the question, if one actually exists that'd work. I mean, it'd be great if I could just buy it actual armor to wear, but who the fuck's going to make a set of +2 dragon armor for me?

Can you guys help me figure out my options?
>>
File: 1434210827185.jpg (131 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1434210827185.jpg
131 KB, 736x981
>>44471510
Thanks, I appreciate it. I know about the ability bonus, I just didn't want to confuse the question with extra info.
It just got confusing because the next sentence was
'If he casts spells spontaneously, he adds the spell to his spells known, and can cast this spell once per day without using a daily spell slot.'

So it was saying the same thing twice, really. I guess it needed to specify that you need to spend time preparing on that one spell.

>>44471560
I was just making sure # of 'Spells Prepared' was the same thing as 'Spells per Day', something the diagram doesn't convey.

And will do, thanks.
>>
>>44471613
What kind of undead are we talking?

I had to fight a fairly high level dragon once, I only managed to stick to it during flight thanks to spiderclimb, and they make boots for that.

As for how to train your dragon, you might have a problem with straight upgrades like that. Is it a sentient or non-sentient undead? And what breed was it before it died?
>>
>>44471096
>If I wanted to make some Aztec warrior or warrior priest kind of thing, what classes would be best 1st party wise, and 3pp wise?

1st party would be a Warpriest to that dead Snake God featured in Serpent's Skull.

3rd party would be a Warlord with traits giving him Knowledge (Religion.)
>>
>>44471613
First things first, probably a Charisma item, get it some more hp. How many HD it got?

And yeah, you totally can just get it armor.

Hell, you could get it bracers of armor, and they'd automatically resize to fit the bugger. Then if it kicks the bucket, you've still got some bracers of armor someone else can use, rather than a now-useless suit of dragon plate mail.
>>
>>44469662
Both. Against objects with hardness, energy damage is first halved and then decreased by the hardness. Also, DR does not apply against energy damage. Resistance is used instead. Since the damage from Vicious is untyped energy damage, it's basically unresistable by anything except hardness- which creatures typically do not have.

HOWEVER. The rest of the damage from your weapon is still subject to DR if it cannot overcome it. In other words, a +1 vicious greatsword against DR 5/good still does 5 less damage than it normally would (unless you roll less than 5 on your weapon's damage dice).
>>
>>44471729
Ydersius, and why Warlord?
>>
>>44471613
You're probably fucked. Ask your GM if he's cool with necrocrafts, they're at least more modular/customizable with undead and you could talk him into letting you upgrade your mount.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft

I remember some anon here also made doc with a bunch of homebrew stuff that he may have later made into a purchasable .pdf.
>>
>>44471704
>>44471747
It was a River Drake, apparently.
As a babby level 4, best I could do was raise it and slap fast zombie on it.
That said, I suppose I could, starting next level, get into spirit summoning and try to wring this fucker's soul from whatever hell it went to and back into it's body. I couldn't actually control it with Command Undead for a long time, though, as it's got 8HD.
I wonder how that'd work out, really.

>>44471774
My GM's already shitting himself over me raising undead at all. I'm not allowed bloody skeletons right now. The fact our archer can do 60DPR with no gear is completely fine though. I've wanted to play a necromancer for so fucking long I'm just taking whatever he'll give me, really.

I'll try getting it some future-proof gear like those bracers, that's a really solid idea.
>>
So.. I wants to use Cunning Caster feat on Psychic...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/cunning-caster

What kind of fun shenanigan can comes out of this?
>>
>>44471704
God guild wars 2 has such great art associated with it
>>
>>44471770

Aztec warriors were less about raw martial skill and more about showing off, warfare was a ritualized affair and rarely about trying hard to kill the opponent. This works better for a Warlord since they're all about showing off to regain maneuvers.

I'd also take the Blade of Mercy trait for non-lethals without the -4 on slashing weapons. You're not trying to kill the opponent, you're trying to defeat them to use as sacrifices later.
>>
>>44471898
Fun shenanigans like learning proper grammar, you faggot. Why are you still here?
>>
>>44471123
>doing anything but missionary for the dual purposes of procreation and love

this is why you will never have the love of a bard-a-adin
>>
>>44471944
>you will never have the love of a bard-a-adin
Good.
>>
>>44471912
You could try looking into Performance combat.

The rules are actually kinda neat.

And Golden Legion's Stayed Blade might be better than Blade of Mercy, since it works with ANYTHING you do, and Lethal damage is a lot more bloody and looks better than nonlethal.
>>
File: Matalihuitl.jpg (1 MB, 2680x3094) Image search: [Google]
Matalihuitl.jpg
1 MB, 2680x3094
>>44471729
I forgot entirely about Warpriest. It's a shame I'm a terrible Chaotic character though, so I'd need to spring for NE/Neutral
Thanks! I doubt I'll ever get a chance to play an aztec warrior in PF (I'm getting a chance to in 3.5, at the least), but I'll make sure to remember that!
>>
Here's a question:
If I wanted to cart around a shitload of rocks (normal stones(don't ask why) what would be the most cost-effective way to do that?
Hire a horse+driver and a big-ass wagon, maybe a whole caravan? I reckon it'd be pretty cheap.
Definitely can't be doing with bags of holding.
>>
>>44471912
This was the same reasoning I was having. Blade of Mercy sounds perfect too.
>>
>>44471944

Anon, you're implying that married couples are not allowed to get freaky with each other.

Which isn't really a thing in Golarion, and in fact many religions have a very carte blanche attitude towards the sexual activities of a man and woman after they're married.
>>
>>44472061
Make the party Fighter (pack mule) do it.
>>
>>44472064
>Blade of Mercy sounds perfect too.

See >>44471971

Golden Legion's Stayed Blade is a lot more thematically appropriate.
>>
>>44472081
That's the Barbarian for me, and he'd rather fucking kill me than carry my rocks.
Also, there's, like, literally tons. I mean that. He can't do it.
>>
>>44472096
Ah, thanks. I'm very new to this whole maneuver stuff.
>>
>>44472061
>what would be the most cost-effective way to do that?

You want something cool?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/soaring-cathedra

Look at the item creation rules and extrapolate from there.
>>
>>44472110
Then just buy a few horses and a big-ass wheeled platform and have them drag it, you can push/drag a whole fuckload of stuff if you don't need to travel fast. If you do need to travel quickly buy a lot more horses and platforms.

>>44472128
He said cost-effective, dumbfuck.
>>
>>44472081
Who fucking made that archetype anyway? Have they really just decided to make it official that Fighters are a big joke to them?
>>
File: imagination.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
imagination.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44472069
In fact in most abrahamic variants, a wife saying "no" to whatever the husband wants to try out is generally a big no-no.
>>
>>44471926
Because I loves you anon.
>>
File: 13 year old lich.png (241 KB, 878x2226) Image search: [Google]
13 year old lich.png
241 KB, 878x2226
>>44467934
Almost sounds like this.
>>
>>44472128
Shit's cool, but I'd need like 20 of those. Too expensive.

>>44472150
Yeah, that's the plan right now. Horses and wagons. Get my own caravan going for it.
Was hoping you lads had some silly immovable rod + mystery item infinite conveyor belt or something really nuts akin to that.
>>
>>44472176
>Golarion
>Abrahamic

>>44472169
Yes.
>>
>>44472211

He's just providing further proof that, as long as you're married, you can use any hole or sex position you want.
>>
Is there any way, ANY way, to raise undead you've already raised and had slain by normal combat?
Aside from Wish/Miracle, I guess.
Don't say Bloody Skeletons.
>>
>>44472207
Not if you can't afford a portable hole or something, no. A bound lantern archon is relatively cheap to get and can greater teleport at will, but with its shitty Str it needs extradimensional storage to transport large cargos. Portable hole is what you want, since it's limited by volume, not mass, but it's also too expensive.
>>
>>44471052
>Shes connected just below the butt because she still needs to poop from there.

>so she's connected like, somewhere where the upper thigh meets the lower asscheek
>OR connected at like, the thighs
>either way she can't sit and shit
>So she has to either just deal with shitting onto her own spider butt
>Or she hangs from the ceiling, manually holding her asscheeks apart and shits on the floor beneath her

Your waifus shitting logistics are dumb just be mated at the torso like a lamia or centaur you baka motherfucker
>>
>>44472239
BLOODY
SKELETONS
>>
>>44472239
Did you lose the river drake, anon?
>>
>>44472239
Bloody Skeletons
>>
Would you let your party caster get away with pulling "funny tricks"? Uses of spells that were probably not the intended idea when they were printed, like shenanigans with Explosive Runes or Shrink Item?
>>
>>44472272
While it IS me, no, the session has already ended.
I'm thinking of selling my soul to a contract devil for some wishes, right now.
I don't intend on ever dying properly if you know what I mean.
>>
>>44472239
Bring it back to life, kill it, then raise it, I guess, but that's really expensive.
>>
File: keiserephes.png (34 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
keiserephes.png
34 KB, 256x256
>>44472238
Bueno.
>>
>group's been going into the same dungeon in iron gods
>been going on for three sessions, will go on for four by next one
>it's a fucking optional dungeon that isn't even that long, it's just they've lost so many characters to it that they're determined to get to the end
fucking help me
>>
>>44472315
Creative Mage Hand use? Sure. Large bundles of rolled-up explosive runes tape detonated simultaneously? No.
>>
>>44472330
>Bring it back to life, kill it, then raise it
SHIT
YOU'RE A GENIUS
Now I just need to find out some way to cheese out really cheap resurrections.
>>
>>44472315
If it's sketchy enough that you need an answer before telling me what you intend to do, no, absolutely not. Applies to anything.

>>44472325
>selling your soul for wishes
Just get a candle of invocation to bind an efreet and wish for more candles, then repeat as needed. Or use a scroll of planar binding. From what you've told us of your GM, he seems like the type who WILL try to fuck you over as hard as possible if you go that route regardless of logic.

>>44472426
Blood money/magic jar abuse, generally. Feeblemind some giant or something with high Str.
>>
>>44472402
Hahahaha
>>
As a GM, what are some fun encounters to throw at my mostly-evil-bad-people party? They've got one dumb healer type among them who is sort of oblivious to the rest, but the rest are the standard evil party fare.

I say fun as in fun for them, not fun as in.... something not fun for them.
>>
>>44472475
A rival evil group. Evil vs Evil is pretty interesting since neither side is bound by any morals.
>>
>>44472409
Interesting. My DM is pretty restrictive of what can be done with Mage Hand and Prestidigitation, on account of it being a cantrip.

>>44472449
I don't actually have anything particular in mind, I'm just curious about how permissive most DMs are with some of those spells that have been known for causing crazy shenanigans.
>>
>>44472475
Give them a Paladin hireling/companion who has 5 Int.
>>
>>44472449
>From what you've told us of your GM, he seems like the type who WILL try to fuck you over as hard as possible if you go that route regardless of logic.
He's, like... Inexperienced, I guess? Insecure? Something like that. I don't know the right word. He believes that my character is the biggest problem in the group because I can raise shitty low-AC low-HP undead, when, really, the other players are doing obscene amounts of damage and are generally really fucking good, as is par for the course for a Gestalt game. Me, I had to take an imperfect class combo to stick to my character's motif and to appease the GM's rampant UHHHHH YOU'RE OVERPOWERED BUUUHHHHH 'cause I really wanted to play a Necromancer.
Such is life.

>>44472449
>Blood money
That ain't flying, bub.
>>
>>44472248
Your logic is dumb. Do you hold your ass apart when you shit? She wouldn't have to either.
>>
File: !!.png (278 KB, 1066x916) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
278 KB, 1066x916
>>44472061
>bunch of non-magical rocks
>tons and tons of them
>stronk party members won't have anything to do with it

You stole a small castle stone-by-stone, didn't you?
>>
>>44472675
UHHHHHH
NO???
>>
>>44472565
Ah. Then sure, as long as the effects make sense and don't exceed a reasonable power level for the spell in question it's cool. Stuff like having a summoned nalfeshnee unsuccessfully cast greater dispel magic on a bag full of <arbitrarily high number> of explosive runes to trigger all of them at one is bullshit, though.

>>44472616
Alright, it sounds like he's read too much worst-case scenario theorycrafting and is now moronically afraid of "overpowered" or "problematic" classes without thinking of table variance. As for blood money, that's legitimately reasonable as far as restrictions go, but it does make it a lot harder to get cheap resurrections. How long has whatever been dead? Because you can use regular planar binding to bind an akhana, which can use raise dead 1/day to bring back anything that died within the last 11 days.
>>
File: behave.png (346 KB, 1026x498) Image search: [Google]
behave.png
346 KB, 1026x498
>>44472701
Spill it, Anon. I gotta know.
>>
>>44472565
I guess it depends on the spirit of its use. If the player is trying to find something to be useful at, because they're either 1st or 2nd level with no spells, or are just kind of bad at what they do? It's okay to give some benefits that are reasonable for a mage hand but not explicitly in the rules.
>>
>>44468027
LWA was great. Sucy a best girl.
>>
File: 1432841581038.jpg (130 KB, 735x847) Image search: [Google]
1432841581038.jpg
130 KB, 735x847
>>44472782

Maybe he's just hauling valuable ore to the nearest city, anon.

Of course chubby little half-Elves like you wouldn't get what it's like to work for your pay.
>>
>>44467866
What is the status of Pathfinder currently? Is it rules bloated? Do people like the new books that came out this year?
>>
>>44472887
Some of the books were pretty good.

The rules aren't too bloated, depends on how many subsystems you play with.
>>
>>44472887

It's better than it was, but could still use a lot of trimming.
>>
>>44472887
Not to the extent of 3.5e, and people love Weapon Master's Handbook, with varying opinions of other books.
>>
>>44472475
An inspector Clouseau style Inquisitor who slowly gets closer to revealing them and is specced to be incredibly lucky and sneaky. He slowly makes it harder for them to hide their evil ways. Essentially a reverse Shane the Shy. Gender swap to a Female inquisitor for extra hijinks.

This way you can adjust the difficulty of how much opposition they face by seeing how bad they are at covering their tracks.
>>
>>44472955
>Gender swap to a Female inquisitor for extra hijinks.
Wat?
>Essentially a reverse Shane the Shy.
>forced references to mediocre copypasta
You reek of autism.
>>
File: Encouraging Roar.png (205 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
Encouraging Roar.png
205 KB, 800x900
>>44472839

Perhaps not boorish labors, but leading an army to a war torn nation's salvation has its own rewards!
>>
>>44472675
Who is this jizzard wizard?
>>
File: PF - Iblydan Warfare.png (96 KB, 450x646) Image search: [Google]
PF - Iblydan Warfare.png
96 KB, 450x646
>>44472887
People still play it, or talk about playing it.

Depends on how many options you want to give players. I'm starting a campaign next month with maneuvers and psionics with new players, so I expect the first few sessions will feel very long.

Some of the books are good. I just bought Distant Shores and the Weapon Master's Handbook. Pic related. I won't be buying Occult Adventures.
>>
>>44472839
Don't call obese people chubby, it's rude.
>>
File: 1435347402534.png (130 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
1435347402534.png
130 KB, 300x417
>>44473028

I've heard that exact type of argument come from college students who refused to work in soup kitchens because their "research" did all the work for them.

Pick up a spade and get to work, Tits McGee.
>>
>>44472887
It's not better than D&D3.5 and basically never can be. Late 3.5 content bore the mark of people who actually understood what they did wrong at the start and intended to do whatever was possible to repair it; Paizo HATED this paradigm shift and intends to keep us in hell forever.
>>
Alright, I need to get this off my chest. I feel like the power level of most NPC's in Golarion isn't properly understood or taken into account by a lot of players and DM's. It bugs the shit out of me when I hear people complaining that Golarion should have teleportation and Wish-based economies when they JUST discovered gunpowder, the printing press, and triangular sails. I really think people don't understand how much a hindrance raiding orcs, dragon attacks, mad cultists, ghosts, and demons present to the advancement of magical understanding, technology, and civilization. Pic very related.

~80% of the population is level 1-5, mostly in NPC classes, and most will die before they hit 35. These people probably can't read Common and won't travel more than five miles from their birthplace. They worry about making sure they have enough food to survive the winter.

~10% is level 6-10. These guys are movers and shakers, people who get shit done within their little realm of influence.

~5% is 10-15. These folks are running regions/nations/large organizations. Some might show up in history books.

~4.9% is 16-17. These guys are running the show, likely influencing entire dynasties and entire schools of thought.

~0.1% is 18-20. These individuals change the whole setting and become archetypes (in the cultural sense, not the mechanics). Think Ghengis Khan, Charlemagne, Merlin, or Jesus.

Sure, Golarion could progress into something like Eberron in a century or two, but its not there yet and this is why.

Anyone else feel this way? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. May not have expressed these ideas as well as I should, but I'm a little drunk right now.
>>
File: Power Levels in Golarion.png (267 KB, 384x456) Image search: [Google]
Power Levels in Golarion.png
267 KB, 384x456
>>44473303
Goddammit, this was supposed to be included.
>>
>>44473303
>These people probably can't read Common and won't travel more than five miles from their birthplace

Everyone can read Common and any other languages they speak, period. Unless you've got barbarian levels, you're not illiterate.
>>
>>44472909
>The rules aren't too bloated, depends on how many subsystems you play with.

Isńt that the case with all RPG systems though, after a while that is.

>>44473057
Yeah, psioinics takes time to adjust to.
>>
>>44473358
True, but I honestly think that doesn't jive with the medieval fantasy setting. Its not like public education is common in Taldor or Varisia.
>>
>>44473358
Even if you have barbarian levels, you're literate. That was a change from the way it worked in D&D.
>>
>>44473392
Which is irrelevant; the setting isn't medieval times, it's a weird mismash of fantasy tropes.
>>
>>44473407
Whoops, my bad, then. Yeah, everyone's literate. Might just be a function of how language works in the setting. There's weirder magical constants in play.
>>
>>44473303
>tripfag trying to talk
filtered
>>
>>44473407
Although there IS that one barbarian archetype where you can't read, True Primitive.
>>
File: i4ecsdtx4pevb98gu4x1.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
i4ecsdtx4pevb98gu4x1.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>>44472061
Outside of magic the only way to economically transport stone is by barge on river or sea. Technically you can do it by cart, but each wagon could carry only a small stone.
>>
>>44473648
>Technically you can do it by cart, but each wagon could carry only a small stone.

Why not take advice from Bran the Builder and use Giants to haul stone?
>>
>>44473303
>>44473392
You can't make much of a case that monsters and such are a big enough hindrance to technology and culture that Golarion should be stuck at medieval levels when we can actively see modern cultural elements and technology. This should be stated doubly so when magic exists that can just simplify problems.

Should it be that way? Not necessarily. But The setting have been made that way, and so that's how it is even if it's internally inconsistent. Whether you take everything to its logical conclusion or not is your choice. But the justification of "but the high-level wizards that can cast the spells that should propel society forward are so rare and selfish that they'd never do that!" doesn't change the fact that the setting is one single high-level wizard who DOES decided to make an advanced society away from Tippyverse.

Aside from that, also consider that Golarion has already had super-advanced societies. Twice, even. See Azlant and Thassilon. Dragons and demons and monsters didn't tear those societies apart or stop their development. Disasters on a level that would destroy our own real society did.
>>
How do you deal with a player who only ever plays the same kind of character? Because I've got a guy who usually plays some kind of monk or unarmed combatant, usually with the same personality. It's just boring to GM for at this point.
>>
>>44473717
Have you tried talking to him about this?
>>
>>44473788
No, that's why I asked you guys how to handle it.
>>
File: 1428686491520.jpg (276 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
1428686491520.jpg
276 KB, 1000x900
Hey guys, you wanted a Taldor campaign?

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37689/taldor-old-glory
>>
>>44473423
I think its kinda-sorta early-Renaissance, though that mainly applies to the nations right by the Inner Sea, Lake Encarthan, and Obari Ocean. The further you get from Absalom, the less "civilized" the regions generally get. Honestly though, that doesn't bother me because it mirrors the socio-economic layout of the 14th-15th century. The Renaissance didn't happen everywhere all at once, it was a subtle, gradual change that spread slowly. Even today, there are still wilder areas that aren't part of "civilization".

You're probably right though, Golarion exists the way it does so you can run a variety of adventures in the same setting. Why publish a whole new setting for gothic horror when you can just say "Okay, so we're in Ustalav"?

>>44473439
Common (really, Taldane) is the most commonly used trade language, especially in the Inner Sea. It probably shouldn't be as common as it is, but it just saves on headache for players and helps them get to the part where they kill dragons (not that this is a bad thing, of course).
>>
>>44473833
Talk to him about it.
>>
Does Disrupting Strikes work with the Gun Cryptic? The reading seems incompatible, but it would let you apply your disruptor to a full attack?
>>
>>44473833
It's literally the only thing to do. Do you want advice on how to talk to him about it? Avoid being mean since he's not actually doing anything wrong.
>>
File: Bad Guys Win Campaign.png (180 KB, 1098x714) Image search: [Google]
Bad Guys Win Campaign.png
180 KB, 1098x714
>>44473699
Good answer, thank you. I'm not ignoring the progress that civilization/magic/technology HAVE made, I just think its silly how many people are genuinely dumbfounded as to why there aren't lightning rails and such. When 80-90% of the people are solely focused on growing enough food to survive through the winter, that doesn't leave much room for advancement in those areas.

You bring up very good points with Azlant and Thassilon. It took an apocalypse event to wipe them out. I just wish there was a BIT more consistency, I guess. Oh well, still a fun setting imo.

Pic unrelated, but if anyone hasn't seen it yet its worth checking out.
>>
>>44473303
>when they JUST discovered gunpowder,
Gunpowder and guns has existed on Golarion for more than 2000 fucking years, and I'm not talking about Numerian tech.
>>
>>44473303
Yeah, no. This is not how I do population statistics and believe others should not do it in this way either.

This is simply how I do it:

population/(2^level) = how many people exist of that level

Furthermore I say that 90% of indivudals do not have PC class levels, period. A further 7% have a composite of NPC and PC class levels. The last 3% have PC class levels.

This means you roughly need ((population)/(2^20))*(3/100)*(1/32)=1, solving for population to find a level 20 indivudals of any given class.

So, by this formula, you need a population of roughly 1 billion indivudals to ensure there is a level 20 indivudals of each class.

Furthermore the population of the Earth in a time medically/technologically/etc. equivalent to Golarion was ~990 million. In golarion there are shit tons of people at high level, I dislike this.

I use my formula, people are free to use others.
>>
>>44474172
Oh and by this formula to find someone at level 20 you need roughly 1 million indivudals. However, in all likelihood, this person will have NPC class levels only.
>>
>>44473303
>>44473338
The problem with all of this is that none of it is shown in the actual game. Looking at the average AP, none of these level caps are reflective of the world the players interact with.

Everyone, by the books, can read and write Common. Also, even a 1st lvl Commoner with Profession or Craft can make 5 GP a week if he takes ten a week's worth of work.

Trying to pretend that PC levels are rare in a game like Pathfinder is just trying to fool the players.
>>
File: alkenstar-shieldmarshal.jpg (149 KB, 681x1119) Image search: [Google]
alkenstar-shieldmarshal.jpg
149 KB, 681x1119
>>44474031
Wait, really? This section from pg. 256-257 of the ISWG seems to contradict that:

>Of all the forms of technology that have appeared or disappeared from the lands of the Inner Sea, none are as universally misunderstood or coveted as the firearm. From the high halls of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings to the tent-cities south of the Screaming Jungle, the appearance of a firearm suggests at once an outrageous expenditure of gold and an immediate threat of dishonorable violence. It was in the magic-dead reaches of the Mana Wastes that dwarven engineers from the sky citadel known as Dongun Hold invented the first firearms. The process by which firearms evolved took Alkenstar engineers many decades to develop and cost dozens of lives, but the curious weapons seem now to finally be gaining a foothold. Today firearms are the primary export from Alkenstar—only the complexity of crafting them, their reliance on refined black powder, and the outlandish prices demanded by Alkenstar’s exporters have kept firearms from speeding into everyday use. Yet traditionalists and political scholars see the dangerous potential of this new form of weaponry, and already opposition to the proliferation of these strange new weapons is strong.

Also, on page 37 in the timeline:

>4620: The Gunworks of Alkenstar are completed—the first firearms begin emerging from Alkenstar to be purchased by rich collectors and curious scholars.

The current year is 4715, so that would be only 95 years in total. Does it give another date for the invention of firearms somewhere else? I wouldn't be surprised if Paizo goofed on that.
>>
>>44474031
Yeah, Golarion has significantly changed developmentally like... at all.

If it did, they'd have to provide information for the different eras you could be playing in, and that's WORK.

And having different time periods means it'd be harder for the different APs to have zero impact on the world at large, which is also A NO NO.
>>
>>44474172
>>44474203
Good point. I was just kinda ballparking it with the numbers, but that makes a lot more sense.

>>44474223
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Still kinda bugs me, though.
>>
>>44473303

>10% of the population are levels 10-20

Are you fucking MENTAL?

Do you know how many people actually live in Golarion?

If this were the case then it should be full fucking tippyverse.
>>
File: 1446192904964.png (244 KB, 446x486) Image search: [Google]
1446192904964.png
244 KB, 446x486
I'm new and have a lot of really annoying questions, because class descriptions like to leave out any details on what they mainly use their most major class feature to accomplish.

What's a Witch's spell list about?
What's a Shaman's spell list about?
What's a Magus's spell list about?
What's a Bloodrager's spell list about?
What's an Alchemist's spell list about?

Summoner is a free space.
>>
>>44474172

>In golarion there are shit tons of people at high level, I dislike this.

It kinda has to be like this

If it weren't then surely the mortal races would long ago have been buttfucked out of existence.
>>
>>44473848
>15 pb
>no 3pp
>no gunslingers
>spellcasters have infinite magic
I know exactly how that's going to go over.
>>
>>44474396
>>44473848

It's duds like this that make we wonder why we've yet to see a DM from /pfg/ try their hand at making a campaign.
>>
>>44474269
Eh, wouldn't be surprised if we get a splatbook like that in the next year or so.

>>44474301
Yeah, those shouldn't be percentages, my bad.
>>
>>44474301
I did my calculations>>44474172

In my formula ~.1% are above level 10.

And ~.005% are above level 15.

~.0001% is level 20 (or above)
>>
>>44474419
I'm playing in two and running one though, all with players drawn from /pfg/
>>
>>44474380
Yeah, which is why I generally do not use Golarion. Everyone is so jam packed together that high CR monsters have to be common. This makes an arms race of power that means high power NPCs ave to be common.

A larger more sparse world feels far more real, and in my opinion far more satisfying to adventure in.
>>
>>44474311
Summoner actually has a lot of non-summoning spells.
Also you forgot Antipaladin, Medium, Mesmerist, Occultist, Psychic and Spiritualist
>>
>>44473848
>15 pb
>no 3pp
>only the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Class Guide, Advanced Race Guide, and Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Equipment.

What are you a fucking faggot?
>>
>>44474311
Ok, so I can answer a few of these.

Witches, for some reason, got saddled with the best espionage list in the game next to wizard.

Witches are good at debuffing, espionage, battlefield control, and emergency healing (only arcane caster who can resurrect).

Alchemists has a lot of stuff about self buffing and self transformation. You're much less likely to find things that affect the battlefield on his list.
>>
>>44474380
Truth.

>>44474421
That sounds about right.

>>44474455
Agreed. I like a lot about Golarion, but this does take suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>44474311
Forgot Inquisitor. What do their spells generally do?
>>44474487
Those ones I really did not intend to ask about, but if you want to answer those knock yourself out.
>>
>>44474311
Bloodrager is good at supporting their role, a front line damage dealer.

Magus is similar, except they get more blasting and battlefield control than the blood rager.

Shaman can do nearly anything

>>44474585
Inquisitors are good at espionage, stealth, and supporting their combat with some sparse debuffing and control. Inquisitors are my favorite spell list desu.
>>
>>44474285
I don't think there's anything wrong with being bugged by it. I think your initial proposal in >>44473303 is wrong (I'm the one that posted >>44473699) and even though I'm arguing that, I'm not suggesting that that isn't stupid. It's not a problem because everything should be more advanced, it's a problem because Golarion simultaneously tries to sell itself as contradictory things. I'm bugged by that too, because it's just inconsistent. When you try to make a kitchen sink style setting like Golarion is, where you can have different areas of the setting to represent different genres, it's almost inevitable unless those different areas are hugely separated (like if all the nations were different demiplanes).

In any case, I'd rather have a setting with a lot of high level people than "Dirt Farmers R' Us and The Pig Wrestler Emporium" the Setting. I'd also rather a setting where technology and culture are advanced enough to match. But that's all a matter of preference, my reasoning mostly being that Pathfinder doesn't lend itself well to low magic settings or games. At this point though, I think I'm rambling and I'm not sure if my points are even being clearly explained. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to get across.
>>
Guys, just use Eberron, it's the best setting anyway.
>>
>>44474769
Changlings and Warforged. What more could anyone want?
>>
File: goblins.jpg (56 KB, 900x336) Image search: [Google]
goblins.jpg
56 KB, 900x336
>>44474644
I think I catch your drift. Playing Peasants&Plows wouldn't be super fun, but it would make the PC's more important.

I think its okay for everyone region not to be on the same level of tech/magic/civilization though. This would accurately reflect real life disparities and allow for different kinds of games. Golarion kinda sorta has this, but just needs work.

I'm just nitpicking it now though. Golarion exists so we have a place to go slay dragons, fight orcs, and crawl through dungeons in a variety of ways. I'd say it succeeds pretty decently at that. Definitely has the best goblins I've ever played with.
>>
>>44474769
Vouch.
>>
File: eberron.jpg (65 KB, 663x600) Image search: [Google]
eberron.jpg
65 KB, 663x600
>>44474769
>>44474800

You know it. A picture is worth a thousand words.
>>
>>44474800
I actually like changlings as half hags, are they the same in Eberron?
>>
>>44474845
No.
>>
>>44474845

Nope

They're like Tieflings, but for Doppelgangers.
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>44474865
>like tieflings, but for doppelgangers

sign me the fuck up
>>
>>44474845
In eberron they're descendants of doppelgangers and other things.
>>
>>44474892
Do either have any relation to mimics?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.