[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Emperor allow Lorgar to go on believing he was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Lorgar.jpg (98 KB, 851x478) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar.jpg
98 KB, 851x478
Why did the Emperor allow Lorgar to go on believing he was a God for so long? He let the guy conquer tons of worlds and establish the Imperial Cult as the main religion on each of them before he finally figured maybe he should put an end to it. If he truly cared so much about spreading Imperial Truth, making sure one of the Primarchs isn't spreading the exact opposite seems like a good move. And if he'd just corrected him right at the start, he could have avoided publicly humiliating him and destroying his life's work.
>>
nothing about that period of time makes any fucking sense, least of all the emperor not noticing that most of his sons were collossal fuckups that actively propagated things that were going to sway them to the chaos gods.

i mean come on, most of them have so many personality disorders it's a joke. nothing about their bizarre fall to the dark side makes any sense at all.
>>
consider the distances involved.
>>
>>44466219
>the emperor not noticing that most of his sons were colossal fuckups that actively propagated things that were going to sway them to the chaos gods.
Let's not forget that his big "plan" for dealing with chaos in the longrun basically boiled down to 'ignore them and pretend they don't exist for long enough that they hopefully die of starvation from lack of worship'. I have yet to see anyone explain how that was /ever/ supposed to be a viable solution.
>>
>>44466729
Could have worked, actually. He knew about the Chaos Gods, and figured that, as long as he gives humanity something different to worship - in this case technology and progression, and the superiority of their own race - the Chaos Gods would eventually starve to unexistence. It made sense from an in-universe point of view.
Little did he know that they also feed off emotions and everything people tend to do - becoming sick, going to war, making plans and having pleasures in their life.
>>
>>44466183
my guess, he assumed it was a phase
>>
>>44466729
>in this case technology and progression, and the superiority of their own race

Tzeentch and Slaanesh, respectively.

The Emperor's ideas were plain retarded.
>>
>>44467603
It would have weakened all of the gods substantially, not defeated them. In time, the warp may have calmed.
>>
>>44467669
the real key is to try and abate the garbage in garbage out cycle, honestly the best plan would have been to rip off the force as a philosophy and teach that

some important notes are here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG7VvMGw6w0
>>
I've found it helps to not think of the emperor as omnipotent, just that he had the most powerful psychic aura of trust and awe. He wasn't the best, he just made everyone around him think he was the best.

Alternatively, Malcador was the actual immortal ancient psychic puppet master, made the emperor to unite humans, and things got out of hand.
>>
>>44468256
I like the second option. The Emperor is basically just another retarded primarch, but turned out too powerful for Malcador to keep under control.
>>
Whatever else you might think remember that the Emporer was doing a good enough job for Chaos to fight back.
>>
>>44469824

chaos fights everything, that's the idea
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.