[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TG designs hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dante.jpg (1 MB, 2299x1787) Image search: [Google]
dante.jpg
1 MB, 2299x1787
So a friend and I were discussing Dante Alighieri and how interesting it would be to play DnD with him.The topic then changed to how WE would have designed hell.

And now I'm asking you TG, how would you design hell? It can be a single plane of hell, all of hell, and stuff from your own settings is fine.

I'll post some of mine first.
>>
I prefer adapting existing design rather than inventing new stuff from scratch.

D&D's Baator is a very good (evil?) Hell. Instead of writing a brand new Hell, I adapt Baator to my setting's cosmology. That way I can use all that wonderful material without doing unnecessary extra work.
>>
It would be pretty damp all around.
>>
I would base it off of human instinctual fears. Like death, large creatures underwater, fear, despair, etc.
>>
File: 1410522022989.jpg (278 KB, 1231x1600) Image search: [Google]
1410522022989.jpg
278 KB, 1231x1600
>>44465825

>On the plane of Matargeros reside the souls of men and women who became overwhelmed by bloodlust in life. Soldiers, assassins, deranged killers and murderers all make home in this realm of raucous night, it's fields and forests lit by burning oil fields and mass funeral pyres. Those who arrive here after death are twisted by the nature of their killings, typically melded with whatever weapon they used in life to sate their hunger for blood. During my time here I saw a band of creatures, skinless combinations of man and horse wielding spears. My guide pulled us away before they could spot us, and I witnessed them charge into a battle in the valley below them.
>>
I kind of liked the forgotten realms hell, fiends and devils feeding upon each other to get stronger, and the strongest holding fiefdoms, etc. Like an endless fuedal society where the only currency is lives and service. It's pretty simple in outline form, and you can slap most any story into it by cutting and pasting some names around and adding awfulness to fit player expectations. Maybe I'm not all that creative, or just lazy, but the ease with which I can build around it appeals to me.
>>
>>44465949
This is shit.

Everyone else is boring 0/10 thread
>>
>>44466770
Thank you for your wonderful critique of this thread. You are the voice of a generation.
>>
>>44465825
The first treatment you get is burning. Seems pretty standard, but the fires get hotter. Then introduce some torture that will make miss the burning. The burning will make you feel better in comparison to what you've been through. You will become addicted to the burning. You shriek in pain as the burning slowly stops easing your pain until the burning stops making you feel anything. The second treatment begins.

Your memories are ripped out and are going to hurt you. You'll get to live out your dreams and magical realms, you'll forget about being in Hell, but then you'll remember and your dreams and magical realms become twisted into utter nightmares and harm you. You will be forced to live out your darkest moments again but made worse, and see all of the opportunities that could have been. Sometimes you'll be forced to live out another life in a dream like state, only to be brought back to reality.

Third treatment is listening to this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
>>
>>44465949
this is just a nuckelavee
>>
>>44467122
wrong one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3fsvJT_MA
>>
>>44467178
What?
>>
>>44467257
I was close.
>>
>>44465825
You're in a bland, mildly ugly room with a clock, a slightly unbalanced table and a chair that you can't quite get comfortable in.
Every so often, a voice you can't see a source for says "Your damnation is important to us - please wait, and your personal damnation analyst will be with you shortly."

And the sweet escapes of sleep and madness are denied to you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.