[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tau Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
File: Tau_art.jpg (80 KB, 736x533) Image search: [Google]
Tau_art.jpg
80 KB, 736x533
With the sound of computers and muffled voices you wake up in a stasis pod onboard the Air caste transport Kor'Ra'sha. Your eyes slowly start yo adjust to the bright lights as the pod slowly opens, melting the remaining ice on you and inside the pod.
As you step out from the pod with only a yellow jumpsuit a drone hovers slowly over to you, accompanied by what looks like an older Earth Caste doctor.

The doctor pulls up a small data pad and starts to look at the scan the drone is currently doing. After a while he dismisses the drone.
"I need to as yo ua couple of questions, just to make shure you haven't suffered any sdide effects from your time in stasis. First question, what caste do you belong to?"
>Earth
>Water
>Fire
>Air

"My next question is pretty easy to figure out yourself but I need to ask you any way, are you a:
>Man
>Woman
>>
>>44463307
The one with the most votes win and after you have chose cast and gender we can start the quest
>>
>>44463307
Either the Pilot or Doctor caste

Female
>>
How can I fuck up my own name. And sorry for all the spelling errors
>>
>>44463307

>Water
&
>Man
>>
Im going with a water caste man unless more votes come in soon
>>
>>44463307
>earth
>woman
>>
>heart
>male
>>
>>44463307
>water
>man
>>
>>44463307
>Air
>Male
>>
I'll wait for 10 more minutes then I decide a winner
>>
>>44463307
Water
Male

We diplomat now.
>>
>>44463307
Air

Male
>>
Looks like a male water caste won.

Writing...
>>
File: TauWaterCaste.jpg (6 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
TauWaterCaste.jpg
6 KB, 284x284
You answer the earth caste doctor with ease that you are a male water caste member. Still only the rank of Por'La, but you hope to reach higher in hopes of serving the Tau Empire and the Greater good.

"Ok, all checks out please head to the briefing room on level 4, there your mission will be explained by the Ethereal and the Commander. And your clothing, items and gadgets is in one of the lockers down the hall"

With that the doctor went to check on other newly woken Tau.

What do you do?
>Go to one of the lockers
>Try to find another newly woken up Tau
>something else (write in)
>>
>>44463887

Find our locker and gear up.
>>
>>44463887

>Go to one of the lockers

i remember when you tried to run this last time :^)
>>
>>44463887
>Locker
>>
You decide to go to the locker and aquire your clothers and items.
As you open the locker you can see a standard blue and yellow water caste robe, a simple wrist computer and datapad containing a gue'la worldlist.
After you have put your robes and taken your gear you head for the brefing room. As you open the door you can see sitting by a large table many Tau from various castes, you count it to be atleast 25 Tau in the room including you. There is an empty chair next to what appears to be an Fire caste woman and a Air caste man.
What do you do?
>Sit in the empty chair
>Stand in the back
>Walk out of the room
>Something else (write in)
>>
>>44464129
>Sit in chair and while waiting for the meeting to start check with wrist computer the VATS chance of hitting each person in the room in specific locations throwing the datapad
>>
Looks like Water Caste are the merchants/negotiators/people persons, so let's sit in the empty chair and try to strike up a conversation. See if someone has heard anything about what's going on, engage in baseless speculation.
>>
>>44464129

>Take a seat in the empty chair

>>44464179
>VATS
Surely you mean TATS, Tau Army Triangulator & Scanner. But whatever, might as well mess around until whoever is in charge comes to tell us what greater good requires.
>>
>>44464241

Talk with this fire caste chick, swiggity swooty
>>
>>44464241 (You)

Actually >>44464231 has a point. We should practice our diplomacy skill and try to sell the Air guy a new hovercraft (Red, because apparently it makes things go faster) and the Fire girl a new battlesuit (with custom pink striped paintjob)
>>
Guys I need to make some dinner so I will take a short break. I will keep running as soon as I can!
>>
>>44464327
Bro, come on, you didn't plan around this? For your first thread? You're lucky I have nowhere to be and this seems vaguely interesting.
>>
>Tau Quest
Hwoa boi, that brings me back
>>
Are you the same OP that did the water caste tau where we diplo'd some middle age humans?
>>
>>44464327
damn dude u make that dinner so long
>>
File: TauCommand.jpg (137 KB, 800x519) Image search: [Google]
TauCommand.jpg
137 KB, 800x519
*ok I am back*

>>44464512
*No I am not*

You sit down in between the fire warrior and the Air caste. As you sit down a door in the far end opens up, and an old Ethereal along with what looks like to be a fire warrior commander. They both walk to the end of the room so all the other Tau can see them. It is then the Ethereal starts to talk:
"Welcome my fellow Tau. I know some of you are unaware of what your mission will be. So that is why I and Shas'O Lu'selo here will explain. Many months ago an Earth caste team from the Fi'Rios sept found a planet capable of sustaining life. But it also had a native population of aliens. Aliens that we must show the light of the Greater good to! So that is why I picked the best of you from various septs across the Empire. But we wary becuase the gue'la have been sighted making planatairy expeditions in nearby star systems. Untill we bring this system into our fold then we cannot lower our guard. That is all,Lu'Selo will now give you your orders."

"Thank you wise Aun. This is how thism mission will work; the fire caste will go down together will a small group of water caste envoys to establish first contact, when that is done, then the air and earth caste will deply temporary shelters and bases from orbit. The Earth vaste will then study the natives, the land and the flora/fauna all while the Air caste watch our backs. Any questions?

>Say nothing
>Ask a question about the mission (write in what you want to say)
>>
>>44465234
How many of each caste will be deployed? Will we be briefed more thoroughly later?
>>
>>44465234

Is there dangerous wildlife around?

Any evidence of other dangerous xenos in the sector?
>>
>>44465234
>Say nothing
>>
*ok asking a question wins, but what question should we ask. Please vote between these two
>>44465270
>>44465335
>>
>>44465422
No, ask them both. We want to be seen as inquisitive and willing to take the reins. Aun-senpai must notice us.
>>
>>44465422
This one >>44465270
>>
You decide to ask some questions about the mission, mostly about how many that are to be deployed, how dangerous the wildlife is and we should we wary about other than gue'la's in the sector.

"As it stands a two fire warrior strike teams, a small group of Kroots and a single battlesuit will be with the water caste envoy. The rest of the fire warriors will be deplyed after a base of operations have been established or if we need to deploy them in an emergency. When it comes to hostile fauna then I must say that we are not shure. The earth caste team needed to leave the system in a hurry due to Ork Roks a few lightyears away, but as luck would have it the roks flew right into a star"

Suddenly the ship starts to shake and green lights starts to appear

"Looks like we entered the planets gravity well, so I must attend some preporations with the captain and the Ethereal, dismissed."

A new message appears on your wrist computer that reads [report to hangar bay #3 for deplyment

What do you do?
>Go to the hangar bay
>Hang around and talk with the other Tau
>Walk around the ship
>>
>>44465680
Go to the hangar, but take the long route.
>>
>>44465680
>Hang around and talk with the other Tau
Assuming it won't make us late for deployment. Show up on time, but only just on time.
>>
>>44465680
>>Hang around and talk with the other Tau
>>
>>44465680
>Play an army of unpainted riptides
It is for the greater good
>>
You decide to wait for a bit and remain the room. You can see the tall Air caste Tau that sat beside you before, reading on a holopad, there is also what looks like an earth caste engineer with a prosthetic arm and lastly there is the fire caste woman reading what looks like to be a Commander Puretide strategic guide.

Who shall you talk to, you think to yourself that you might only have enough time to talk to one of them before you need to go to the hangar
Who will it be?
>Fire caste woman
>Air caste pilot
>Earth caste Engineer
>>
>>44465913
>>Earth caste Engineer
Our bro
>>
>>44465913
Fire caste waifu, what do you think.

Redhead Tau women are now canon
>>
>>44465913
>>Fire caste woman
>>
>>44465913
See if we can put the moves on the fire caste woman.
>>
*Ok walking over to the fire warrior wins, writing.*
>>
You choose to walk over to the fire warrior woman, she looks up as you approach, you give her a slight bow before you ask her what she though of the mission.
"What Ithough of the mission? Well I consider it a great honour to try out my skills that I was taught during my time in the academy on T'au. I really hope I can help the Tau Empire in any way even though I am still a Shas'la. How about you, what do you feel about this mission?

>Say the usual response: Great honour blah blah etc...
>Say nothing
>(write down your own response)
>>
>>44466241
To me, this is actually less about helping the Tau Empire, and more about introducing the Greater Good to the less fortunate. Can you imagine what's it like to be born on the wrong side? To not know the Greater Good? I just want to show them the light. To me, this is humanitarian work, rather than about making the Tau empire stronger.
>>
>>44466241
Yes, me too. But I also want to test my skills.
>>
>>44466310
Looks good to me. Although I'd perhaps spin it the way of getting stronger together: we'll introduce the natives to the purpose and joy of Greater Good while at the same time strengthening our cause.

And that with all respect we have for other castes, we hope that this mission will be boring and uneventful for the fire one at least.
>>
>>44466310
Seconding this
>>
*I'll give you guys some more time to vote/decide answer. I also want you guys to give your character a name*
>>
>>44466425
>Name
Eoro'cea
>>
>>44466425
How about one of those?
>Kant
>Jek
>Mat
>Ber
>Rod
or
>Dik?
>>
>>44466425
>Name
Shas'Bhot
>>
>>44466531
First name is a title and we're already a Por(water caste)'La(peon)
>>
>>44466472
What about Ben'gsun?
>>
I'll never understand why /tg/ doesn't want to be a murder machine in the Fire Caste

Or a Psychopath Earth Caste and build the sickest machines
>>
Por'La Yi'Sun ?
>>
Ok guys, I need a name what have you come up with and decided to use?
>>
>>44466758
Never ask for a name as an open question in quests
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>44466758
I second >>44466472
>>
>>44466758
>>44466767

P'yss Drinkarr
>>
Going with Eoro'Cea
Writing
>>
File: TauOrca.jpg (18 KB, 438x247) Image search: [Google]
TauOrca.jpg
18 KB, 438x247
"To me, this is actually less about helping the Tau Empire, and more about introducing the Greater Good to the less fortunate. Can you imagine what's it like to be born on the wrong side? To not know the Greater Good? I just want to show them the light. To me, this is humanitarian work, rather than about making the Tau empire stronger. The name is Por'La Eoro'Cea by the way"

She gives you a slight nod with her head
"My name is Shas'La Sui'Erva. And it will be an honour to witness a new species enter the Tau Empire and have chance to see what the unity could do in the name of the Greater good. But I think we must leave for now, our assigend teams are waiting."

You both leave the room and go to your seperate hangars.

It takes a few minutes to reach the correct hangar and inside it you can see two more water caste members along with ten fire warriors and a gun drone in idle mode, all waiting by an Orca dropship

An older fire warrior sees you
"There you are, we where waiting for you. Now I can finnaly give you some more details about this planet that I just got from the command center. We have decided to call this planet Nar'Tarvash, but we do not know the natives name for it. We have also detected that the planet is quite cold with the coldest being -50 degrees at the north and the south pole, the highest temperature was 20 degress near the equator. That is also the site where we have detected most lifesigns so it is possibly a settlement. Our orders is to recon and observe and not do a first contact untill we understand more about these aliens. For all we know a lethal blow to the head might be a greeting. Anyway, let's move out!

What do you do?
>Follow the fire warriors orders
>Ask a few questions before you depart (write your own, but make them short)
>>
>>44466621
U w0t m8?
>>
>>44467230
>>Follow the fire warriors orders
>>
>>44467230
Do as he says.
Embark and enjoy the ride down.
>>
>>44467230
>Follow the fire warriors orders
>>
>>44467230
>>Follow the fire warriors orders
>>
File: 2270310712.jpg (101 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
2270310712.jpg
101 KB, 500x332
You do as the fire warrior says and you enter the Ocra and take a seat. The others in the team also finds a seat. The drone locks itself into place as the ship starts to move.
When the ship starts to shake do you realize that you have entered the atmosphere. You hear the piolt saying that you will touch the ground in 5 minutes and that you need to disembark quickly so the natives do not see your ship and team too early.

The wait for the touchdown feels like hours instead of minutes, but you are the team soon has the green light and rush out onto the planets surface. As your hoofs touch the ground you can feel and hear snow under you feet. And as your eyes adjust to the light you can see a barren, snowy landscape as far as the eye can see.
As a cold breeze flies through you feel lucky that both your jumpsuit and your robes have a minor internal heating system, nothing like the fire warriors armour though.

As the dropship dissapears in the sky the shas'ui of the team gives you and the rest of the team the order to start the trek to the possible settlement. After an hour or so of walking through the snow, rocks and bushes you come across three large stones with a purple ring of smaller rocks in the middle, upon further inspection you can see that each of the three rocks have a hole carved out. In these holes are what looks to be a skull, but from what?

What do you do?
>Continue to investigate the stones
>Ask the Shas'ui for advice
>Talk to the other two water caste
>>
>>44467780
>Continue to investigate the stones
Surely nothing bad could come of this
>>
Ask the Shas'ui for advice
>>
>>44467780
>>Continue to investigate the stones
>>
>>44467780
Continue to investigate
>>
>>44467780
>>Ask the Shas'ui for advice
>>
As you keep looking at the stone formation and the skulls you notice a patterns above the holes in the larger stones, almost like pictures. No, more like hieroglyphs! You can see the first image being a half sphere with four snake like line comming out of it. It must probably symbolize the sun, one next to it is what looks like a bottle or a pot of some sorts and the third and final one is a crude image of a multi limbed beast.
You decide to investigate further while the other two water caste joins you and the fire warriors stand guard. While the other two water caste study the writing, you choose to investige the purple stone ring, and after a breif investigation you can see what looks like shards from a put under the snow, along with pieces of charcoal.
Your investigation is interruppted by the shas'ui who says that a storm is heading our way and that we need to search for shelter.
You take a quick picture of the hieroglyphs before you depart with the rest of the team. A fire warrior had sent the drone ahead in order to find a safe place to wait out the storm, and after an hour or so it returns with the location of a about 4 kilomiters away, but also that the massive amounts of lifesigns where just 5 kilometers away in the oppiste direction. The Shas'ui wants to head for the cave, while the two water caste wants to head for the lifesigns.
Who do you side with?
>The Shas'ui
>The water case
>>
>>44468208
Shas'ui
>>
>>44468208
>>The Shas'ui

Let's set up a base first.
>>
>>44468208
>The Shas'ui
>>
>>44468208
>The Shas'ui
>>
>>44468208
side with Shas'ui.

We're meant to not initiate contact just yet.
>>
File: 1369168688279s.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1369168688279s.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>Tau Quest
>>
>>44468208
>The Shas'ui

We need to wait for contact
>>
File: Cave.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
Cave.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
You agree with the Shas'ui, and you feel that it's best to wait out the storm in a shelter.
The two water caste members seem a bit upset but soon agrees to it. And after a two our walk up the side of a small mountain you come across a cave. The shas'ui lits a glow globe and throws it down the cave. It doesn't seems deep and it should provide enough shelter untill the storm passes.
The shas'ui, two other fire warriors all wielding pulse rifles and the gun drone enter the cave first. After a few minutes they report back and says it is safe to enter.
They will put the drone on guardian mode at the entrance while we rest inside.
A fire warrior sits down and opens up a satchel he was carrying. He takes up some food bars out of it and throws one to you and the other two water caste Tau beside you.
As you begin to eat your food you can feel the wind howling as the storm arrives. The drone backs a few meters into the cave before it resumes it's normal guarding duty.
The shas'ui says to the group that they think the storm will pass in a few hous, so we should rest here for a bit before heading towards the life signs.
What do you want to do while we wait?
>Rest/sleep
>Talk with the water caste
>Talk with the fire caste
>Look over the data gathered from the stone formation
>>
>>44468625
talk with fire caste
>>
>>44468625
>>
>>44468625
>>
File: 1450388032710.png (1 MB, 1024x1558) Image search: [Google]
1450388032710.png
1 MB, 1024x1558
>>44468625
>look over the data gathered from the stone formation
We need to find out more about these people before we initiate first contact
>>
>>
You decide to look over some of the data that you and the others gathered from the stones.
You look at the hieroglyph that pictures the beast, and the skull found in one of the holes in the stone. But they look nothing alike. It must have some importance though since they are probably related in some way.
As you continue to browse through the information the drone warns you all about a single incomming lifesign. All the fire warriors grabs thier weapons and walks up to the entrance. They report seeing a a large snake like monster heading for the cave.
They ask you the water caste on what to do, since they do not know if is sentient or not

>Try to flash your light at it
>use hand signals
>Shoot it!
>>
>>44469035

Avoid detection if possible. Have weapons ready though.
If it spots us, try hand signals, but if it launches itself towards us, shoot it.

Why don't we have stealth suits for this mission again?
>>
>>44469035
Send the drone forward as a scout to make first contact.
>>
>>44469035
>use hand signals
Try not to use artifical light, it might scare or aggrevate it.
>>
>>44469035
>use hand signals
>>
Ok guys, today has been fun but it's getting really late at the moment. I'm sorry for leaving you all with a cliffhanger but I will continue tomorrow.
Thanks for running this with me Anons
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.