[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Nixilis Gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: image.jpg (847 KB, 2684x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847 KB, 2684x1580
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. No snowflakes in the Wednesday thread. Ignore chandere posts.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net

Starter topic: This week's Uncharted Realms is "Retaliation of Ob Nixilis," by Kimberly Oh Kreines and Nik Davidson.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/retaliation-ob-nixilis-2015-12-30

Normally, I try to ask a vague and/or general question to get things rolling, but seriously. When did Nissa start thinking of things in terms like "eyeblight"? She was on Lorwyn for all of maybe an hour, and she opposed the hunt. Is that the whole "inner struggle" thing that she's been wrestling with? She's trying to avoid being the elf Hitler that she was retconned to no longer have ever been?
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 750x450
First for worst girl BTFO by best villain
>>
>>44462799

Loves how Gideon just drowns Ob's ass

>As he batted uselessly at me.

>As he started to drown.

>Invulnerability proved no match for three inches of dirty water.

>"This is Zendikar! The suffering and the waste and the filth! This is Zendikar!" He convulsed once more, and his body went limp.

>I held him there for a second more before I released my grip and flipped him onto his back with a splash.

>"This is Zendikar," I whispered. "And your fight is over."
>>
>>44462799
Jesus, sucks to be any of the heroes right now. >Nissa gets totally destroyed
Okay, I'm not really surprised or terribly upset to be honest
>Jace gets beaten to a pulp
Well, this DOES happen a lot, I mean he's kind of used to it. Just because he isn't as up on pain as Ob is doesn't mean he hasn't had his fair share.
>Ob Dix tells Gideon not to trust Jace
Okay ouch that fucking hurt
>Gideon gets drowned
He's...he's probably okay, right guys? Gideon has been growing on me...
I'm now just waiting for Chandra to burst onto the scene and burn the smirk off of Ob's fucking face.
>>
>>44462974
>I'm now just waiting for Chandra to burst onto the scene and burn the smirk off of Ob's fucking face.
That's exactly what's going to happen. She doesn't have any investment in Zendikar, so his demoralization angle isn't going to work on her. She'll rally the others and he'll fuck off because it isn't actually worth serious harm just to spite these people when the Eldrazi are going to do it for him.

It's the perfect entrance for her, too.
>>
>The problem for him, however, was that he was expecting that to be the end of the fight, while, in fact, having my knee broken was merely the third worst sensation I had experienced in the last hour.

I love Bobby.

Also Nissa's elf-hitler days confirmed for de-retconned?
>>
Ob Nixilis is probably my favorite planeswalker with black in his color identity. He's just so entertaining.
>>
>>44463065
Nissa just confirmed for fucking walking plot-hole, that's all, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>44463635
that's been true ever since they printed worldwaker and tried to make her spontaneously not the worst person. having elf hitler grow into a more accepting and positive character would have been better than "no, no, I wasn't a stupid bitch the whole time"
>>
>>44463758
Yeah, but this just makes it worse, because now I honestly can't tell which way they're going with her.
>>
>>44463869
Neither can they.
>>
File: 161110_CN.jpg (3 MB, 720x977) Image search: [Google]
161110_CN.jpg
3 MB, 720x977
I'm loving Ob Nixilis. Now that's a fucking villain.
>Invulnerability proved no match for three inches of dirty water.
Amazing line.

Here's my guess:
>Chandra shows up
>Ob takes her down
>He think he has won at last
>Ugin shows up and saves the day
>>
>>44462840
Pretty sure it was Ob drowning Gideon.
>>
>>44462840
Have you tried not being illiterate
>>
File: ChanQT.jpg (106 KB, 1104x810) Image search: [Google]
ChanQT.jpg
106 KB, 1104x810
>Interesting. Someone was in my head. Unacceptable. Telepaths are the absolute worst.
>This is why you always kill the telepaths first.

Ob Nixilis shitting on blue players is amusing.

>>44464271
Or Chandra could save the day and give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to Gideon...
>>
>>44462840
Other way around, you idiot.
That was Gideon face-down in the mud.
>>
Blessed Nixilis beating everyone but Kiora. I hope he gets to live.
>>
File: 100 percent.jpg (27 KB, 463x330) Image search: [Google]
100 percent.jpg
27 KB, 463x330
This week's UR was sucking pretty hard and I was gonna just come here for the cliff notes

Then the Ob Nixilis section started
>>
>>44464666
he probably would have beat her too if she weren't too busy being in the general vicinity of the titans and thinking she was significant
>>
>>44464150
That's because Kimberly Kreines can't write.
>>
>>44463110
This. His big black demon ass is fun to read. I'd enjoy seeing him destroy even more on other planes.
>>
File: 1414122586497.png (61 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1414122586497.png
61 KB, 200x200
>>44463110
>Fucking hates telepaths, shits on bluefags
>Genuinely enjoys the hero/villain dynamic of fighting a white planeswalker and is happy Gideon's enjoying it too
>>
Spoiler Alert

They fucking save Zendikar. Nissa rekts Ulamog and Kozilek with a Nature Seal, aided by Chandra's "Inner Fire", Gideon and Jace. Now each of them is looking for Emrakul in different planes. Fuck these happy endings.
>>
File: Captura.png (486 KB, 750x424) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
486 KB, 750x424
>>44464925

Forgot pic related.
>>
>>44464942
Gideon's arms are not nearly big enough in that pic.
>>
>>44463110

His dynamic with Gideon was fantastic compared to his whole thing with Nissa.

His suggestion Gideon pick a time and a plane and that they each gather up an army and duke it out there sometime later was fantastic. He just challenged Gideon to a MTG match in-universe.
>>
>>44464942

This is fucking bad writing.

How in the world could Neo Walkers defeat Kozilek and Ulamog with a stupid green seal? How old planeswalkers capable of doing all kind of shit couldnt deal with them?
>>
>>44464925
Nice try, but we already know that multiple Gatewatch members will be on Innistrad, so it doesn't hold.
>>
>>44465057
Do we? I thought only Jace and possibly Liliana were confirmed, and Liliana mostly speculation due to spooky raven man and Innistrad being the plane of 2spooky.
>>
>>44464977
he did get over that bad case of gorilla face
>>
>>44464925
>>44465057

Anon's right. They defeat kozilek and ulamog. They are hunting down Emrakul in different planes.
>>
>>44465003

Where can I read this?
>>
File: emrakul_ravnica.jpg (315 KB, 939x520) Image search: [Google]
emrakul_ravnica.jpg
315 KB, 939x520
>>44465103
But we already know where Emrakul is while the Living Guildpact was gone.
>>
>>44464942
cute chandra. that's always best chandra, just wish freckles were canon
>>
>>44465073
Yup. The art book press release mentioned that the "planeswalkers of the Gatewatch" are going to Innistrad.

>>44465103
Let me guess, your dad works at WotC?
>>
>>44464925

>Happy ending
>like 70% of the planet is bismuth and swiss cheese

No.
>>
>>44465145
It's literally in the OP.
>>
>>44465168
Blowing out two of the Eldrazi Titans, which took three pre-Mending planeswalkers DECADES to seal, would be absolute horseshit of the "gotta have a happy ending" variety.
>>
So how hard are they going to fuck up SOI?
>>
>>44465200
Magic is so dead it would count as necrophilia if they'd fuck it up even more.

Nah, I'm just kidding. :^)
>>
>>44465197
I'm still expecting this to be a "boot the eldrazi off zendikar" pyrrhic victory, not a "btfo two titans at the last minute" one.
>>
>>44465200
storywise I couldn't give two shits. innistrad was just pretty okay in the first place, IMO. innistrad 2 is gonna be whatever. the cards though, they're going to print more double faced cards and they're going to be as shit as they were in OG innistrad and I don't want it to happen.
>>
>>44464925
You're really overreaching, ESPECIALLY given how often they've hinted at the possibility of getting the Titans off of Zendikar without actually killing them. Drana considered it the obvious backup solution, Ugin warned Jace about it, Nissa was appalled by it even though the fat pack guide says she originally planned on it, and Kiora was going to make a serious attempt at it.

We also know why Jace is going to Innistrad in SOI--to look for Sorin. Ugin already told him that, if he wanted to be helpful, he should go find Sorin Markov, most likely on Innistrad. Lo and behold, next set has Jace on Innistrad.

It's pretty clear what happens. Chandra's ability to use Ghostfire allows them to actually affect the Eldrazi, though they still can't actually hurt the real titans. Instead, they do some bullshit--maybe with Omnath's prison--to force the Titans away from the world and create a temporary bubble around Zendikar, like the one around Ravnica caused by the original Guildpact. Speaking of which, Jace is already part of one plane-wide spell, so he'll actually be able to figure out how to make that a thing, with Nissa coaxing Zendikar to rearrange itself in such a way as to get the leylines flowing correctly.

That doesn't actually solve the problem, and it's not stable enough to keep the Eldrazi away indefinitely, so they take an oath to find a way to contain the Eldrazi once and for all. Jace goes to Innistrad to find Sorin and Nissa goes with him because she is facing her fuckups and being responsible.

Chandra looks for more information on the Dragon Scroll and the use of Ghostfire to figure out how to master it possibly leading her to Tarkir, where she learns that the scribes of the scroll were wiped out a thousand years ago by the dragons that now rule the remnants of their monastic clan.

Gideon hunts Nixilis to force him to tell them what he knows and make him pay for freeing Ulamog and rousing Kozilek.
>>
>>44462799
>Gideon dies of drowning
KEK, and Nissa being btfo. Man, Ob just needs to rekt Jace and then be rekt by Chandra to make my dreams come true.
>>
>>44465650
He did rek Jace

It was barely a fight
>>
>>44465650
He did rekt Jace, he cast a powerful pain-inducing spell, could instantly tell which of the illusions was real, and it took Jace attempting to do mind fuckery on Ob to not get his head taken off, and he just got his cheekbone broken.

I'm expecting Chandra to fireball Ob Nix, he tries to do shit to her, she just burns him badly and forces him to flee.
>>
>>44465806
At this point he is down one leg and one wing, Gideon did pretty well.

I could see Chandra forcing him to retreat since that's what he's been trying to do so he could get the fuck off Zendikar.
>>
>>44465507
>Chandra on Tarkir
I am a little excite. Will Sarkhan join the Gatewatch? Will Chandra overthrow the dragons to restore the clans?
>>44465650
Yeah no he fucked Jace so quick it was hardly mentioned
>See this shitty blue kid
>Move to punch him
>He tries to blow up my brain
>Break his jaw
>He cries like a bitch
>Then this fucker with a scourge shows up
>>
>>44465806
>Suddenly I was engulfed in flame, "Get away from that thickheaded slab of man-meat" a female voice shouts from over my shoulder.
>Her head and hands were ablaze, a pyromancer. A minor obstacle, but she clearly wasn't going to let me work in peace. "It'll take more than a little fire, girl."
>"That's fine. I have a lot of fire."
>>
>>44465906
he also has regeneration. his wing should he back in shape before long. and he'll probably be willing to stand on a broken knee if the alternative as in ass whooping.
>>
>>44465029
>bad writing
You say before we actually read any of it. Bad plot? Maybe, but we don't actually have a clue. Bad writing? Also maybe, but there's exactly zero way to call that yet. We don't even know if they DO defeat Kozilek and Ulamog. What if that green sigil is the last living remnants of Zendikar, the whole plane ravaged, and the oath is "we won't let this happen again, and this sigil is to remind us"? This isn't a prediction, but it is me saying that there is not enough information in that single picture to be interpreted only one way.
>>
>>44465978
See, that's basically what I'm expecting. It'll probably be from Chandra's perspective though, so it'll probably go more like:

> Huh... A black-winged demon is wrecking Gideon and Jace and some little elf girl... This should be fun.
> Hands catch on fire, fling a fireball at Ob Nix's back. He turns, even on a broken knee he towers over her.
> "Give me a moment, I'm almost done here," as Gideon drowns in three inches of water.
> Oh, playing it off like it's nothing, huh? Hair goes on fire, throw an even bigger fireball at Ob's head.
> He flinches, the water evaporates and Gideon gasps for air. "Fine... It'll take more than a little fire, pyromancer."
>"If there's one thing I've learned, it's that fire is always a solution to my problems."
>>
>>44465945
>>44465657
To be entirely fair to Jace, that's how his powers SHOULD work. He very nearly gets Ob to leave, and then goes down as soon as he's actually noticed, because he's shit at an actual fight.
>>
>The demon... Nissa shook herself. The demon? All at once she felt him, felt the evil of the monster that he was. He was here. She looked up. There he was. He had come back.

>"Rise!" the demon screamed.
>And something rose.

>She looked back up at the demon, and he smiled down at her. Smiled.

>No. No! It was not the end. It could not be. Not until she had destroyed him. The demon was a blemish on her perfect world.

Plus another dozen "Zendikar!" and "Ashaya!"s in there.

I think her writing is getting worse. That, or she's doing a very good impression of Nissa losing her mind.
>>
>>44466451
Still not as bad as "Oh".

It's honestly kind of weird, because there are a couple of her stories that are, while a little mediocre, really not terrible. But as soon as she starts writing Nissa, it all goes to shit.
>>
>>44464925
> Defeat Eldrazi
> Just in time for Phyrexia to tear the multiverse a new anus
>>
>>44466508
Oh.
>>
This story just fucking sucks. What we need is for Sorin to show up and make this more bearable.
>>
>>44466270

Still a poor showing with the first mental attack; surely Jace could have been more subtle and played Obs a bit: "I risk my recently won spark tarrying here" or "Best not push my luck with the Eldrazi", something like that.
>>
>>44466601
You forgot to put in your name, chandere.
>>
>>44466601
It appears that someone is trying to imitate our most special snowflake.
>>
When the hell are we gonna get a villain vs villain block? I wanna see the Phyrexians and Eldrazi duel it out in a no holds barred pain-in-a-plane death match, all while Nicol Bolas wrings his hands together and laughs maniacally.
>>
>>44466602
Not really? The fact is, Jace either succeeds or he fails at the mental attack. He doesn't know much about Ob, and digging too far into his head for memories to use also risks alerting him. Ob made his will save, and Jace failed. That was it. It was never going to be a big dramatic thing, nor should it have been.
>>
File: best_girl.jpg (189 KB, 700x832) Image search: [Google]
best_girl.jpg
189 KB, 700x832
It's not a lore thread without best girl posted
>>
>>44466818
Her old ensemble was way better. That armor looks ridiculous.
>>
>>44466795
but Eldrazi vs Phyrexia means the Eldrazi win by virtue of not being on the plane itself and the Phyrexians not having anything to compleat (and, in fact, LOSING material the entire time)
That said, Bolas would undoubtedly be doing that.
>>
>>44466867
I actually miss weak Bolas.
Because it actually meant he'd be doing shit.
>>
>>44466867
Imagine if Phyrexia found some sort of work around to that problem though. Like some sort of unstable compleation that would allow them to utilize the spawn but not the titans and bigger eldrazi.

Imagine:
>Ugin is right and the eldrazi titans and spawn are just portions of the same entity
>Phyrexians turn a portion of that entity back on itself
>Phyrexia basically acts as eldrazi AIDS.
>Phyrexians
>>
File: 635863143882630963.jpg (73 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
635863143882630963.jpg
73 KB, 500x678
>>44466925

New Bolas soon.
>>
>>44466985
There's no reason to doubt that Ugin's right about the spawn, drones, processors, lesser Eldrazi, and Titans all being a single entity, not when they've been saying similar elsewhere.
>>
File: 1446249079166.jpg (13 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1446249079166.jpg
13 KB, 400x384
>>44467234
>mfw the eldrazi are just Maro with sock puppets
>>
File: kermit1.png (388 KB, 800x768) Image search: [Google]
kermit1.png
388 KB, 800x768
>>44467234
>Mfw Eldrazi spawns, drones and processors are just SJW's in disguise
>"If you ain't white, you are right"

Gideon is fucked
>>
>>44466985

The spawn are so incomprehensibly tiny compared to the true Eldrazi entity that I don't think it'd matter if you could corrupt them to harm the entity itself; a scion is less than a skin cell by comparison. It's not so much aids as you getting a little motor oil on your fingertip; you can rub it, and the cells it's attached to, off very easily with no detriment to yourself.

The Phyrexians are a terror but the Eldrazi are simply operating on too high a scale to be in any danger from them.
>>
>>44467516
I agree with you but considering a single drop of oil corrupted all of Mirrodin it's not completely far-fetched. That being said under current conditions Phyrexia is no threat to the Eldrazi
>>
>>44466556
But, anon, anus mana is Kozilek's shtick.
>>
>>44466860
Agreed. Yet another thing that was better in the original timeline.
>>
File: image.jpg (568 KB, 707x837) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
568 KB, 707x837
>>44466818
Best girl a best.
>>
>>44467404
>Eldrazi are in every color except white
>Disgusting creatures of indescribable shapes and masses
Fug
>>
>>44467750
Perhaps we should ask Kozilek and Ulamog what their preferred pronouns are.
>>
>>44467404
But Gideon's Mediterranean. That's "notwhite" in these situations despite being Greece being like, the bedrock of the western world.
>>
>>44467565
Mirrodin is still Phyrexia's christmas land though.
Imagine pulling that turn 1 combo that goes across four colors, needs a very specific sequence of mana, and twelve card, but it never fails, can't be stopped, your opponent has no lands on field and is playing green.

That's how impossibly perfect Mirrodin was for Phyrexia.
>>
>>44467872
To be fair, from Wizards' point it was long planned for the Phyrexians to live on through Mirrodin.
>>
>>44467893
Oh definitely. I don't doubt that.

From in-universe it's that bullshit level of lucky though.
>>
File: the joke you.png (31 KB, 812x732) Image search: [Google]
the joke you.png
31 KB, 812x732
>>44467836
>>
>>44467836
Gideon is literally white though...
>>
>>44467907
>>44467911
I thought we were talking "race" white, not mana white. I got the joke entirely backwards. Sorry.
>>
>>44467902
Didn't the Phyrexians have more than one plane, though? Wasn't Elspeth "RIP in Piece" Tirel's homeplane infested with Phyrexians before Mirrodin came along?
>>
>>44467936
It was, it's not clear when or how they got there, but her plane was definitely Phyrexianized.
>>
>>44467935
Damn, I thought we were about to get a chandere-tier sperg out.
>>
File: 1425694146340.jpg (121 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1425694146340.jpg
121 KB, 524x492
>Gideon is from a Greek plane
>Trained with Greek weapons
>Planeswalked to Bant, a place full of knights using European style weapons
>His weapon of choice is a sural, a weapon used in south Asia
>"He interrupted me with a slash from his metal...quadruple...whip thing. Was he actually wielding a sural?"

Even Ob Nixilis thinks it's fuckin weird
>>
File: 1397029184484.jpg (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1397029184484.jpg
50 KB, 400x300
Was the

LEGACY MASTERS

leak a total lie ?
>>
>>44467949
Well Old hyrexia had planar portals, ships that could traverse planes and even the ability to Planar Overlay. I'm sure they got to a few dozen planes we don't know about if for nothing more than resources
>>
File: 1438930051460.png (46 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1438930051460.png
46 KB, 247x248
>>44467989
>>
File: 1411421227093.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1411421227093.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>44468053
>Yawgmoth had the ability to create artificial planes completely undetectable to Planewalkers
>There could be dozens, maybe even hundreds of planes filled with Old Phyrexians waiting to be unleashed in the name of the Ineffable
>mfw
>>
File: 177.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>44465168
It can heal again
>>
>>44466451
>"Rise!" the demon screamed.
>And something rose.
It was his dick
>>
>>44468001
Of course it was.

They'd be like $20 packs even if the only rare worth a damn was Force of Will
>>
>>44468124
That's actually kinda terrifying
>>
File: 1449336012514.png (277 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1449336012514.png
277 KB, 444x440
>>44468124
>New Phyrexians meet Old Phyrexians
>Either
>Unite and crusade across the multiverse in Yawgmoth's name
>or
>Multiplanar civil war between the new and old machine orthodoxies
>>
>>44468388
It almost would guarantee a civil war considering the new orthodoxy doesn't view Yawgmoth as perfection. Also Old Phyrexia would win that in a day.
>>
>>44467703
Gonna need a source
>>
>>44468421
Keep in mind it's the modern form of old phyrexia, and that new Phyrexia has all of old phyrexia's stuff, just "improved by new sights on the colors of mana" or some mumbo jumbo.
It's obvious the winner would be Koth.
>>
>>44468421
>Norns finds out about these planes with old Phyrexians
>Makes contact with the hopes they follow her
>they end up running train on New Phyrexia
>Gatewatch now has to deal with Negators
>>
File: 1406491697723.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1406491697723.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>44468124
Don't forget all those potential planes Karn dripped phyrexian oil in during his weird drunk like planeswalking state, currently gaining some kind of phyrexian uprising.
>>
>>44467989
I mean Bant's angels are referred to as Asuras and most of the non-planeswalker characters actually have Persian names. Which makes you wonder how they struggled with Kytheon.
>>
>>44468459
Old phyrexia had weapons designed specifically to kill Old Walkers. theywould crush the new one easily.
>>
>>44468453
It's from a thread on /aco/.
>>
>>44468501
The blueprints for those weapons are in new phyrexia's glistening oil. And they were quickly improved upon.

Remember when New Phyrexia turned the oldwalker killing Negators into the "fuck everything" Obliterators?
>>
>>44468532
From what we've seen Obliterators aren't as strong as Negators
>>
>>44468532
>Obliterator
>As strong as a negator
Obliterators couldn't even kill Neo Walkers who are on no way the same level of Old Walkers. Negators were created by yawgmoth himself, a being who was essentially the most broken being in all of creation
>>
>>44468588
was Yawgmoth more op than all the elder dragons , and Urza combined?
>>
>>44468642
Yes. They had to essentially break the 4th wall to beat Yawgmoth
>>
>>44468642
Yawgmoth could mind control Urza.
>>
>>44468546
>>44468588
I entirely blame the powerlevel of the multiverse going down without oldwalker level powers being handed out like candy.
Logically New Phyrexia should win, but weaker multiverse and all that.

Was it the mending?
>>
>>44468708
yes
>>44468642
let's put it this way. If Yawgmoth ever became a card he would cost 50 black mana and playing him would make you win the game, the next game, the game after that and any game being played within a 50 mile radius
>>
File: nooooo.gif (3 MB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
nooooo.gif
3 MB, 240x196
>>44464942
>the eldrazi consume woooorlds!
>they're terrifying! look at them!
>we can't stop them!!!!
>da titans and their brood
>etc etc etc

>Yeah we beat them, not really a threat. also because this plane fare well in the polls it's not going to be destroyed cuz fuck you for wating a good storytelling, fuck your lovecraftian monsters, fuck your enemies, the good ones always wins, where are muh shekels
>>
>>44467989
Fucking loved that. Fuck why is Obby Bobby so based at everything?

That being said, Chandra is going to show up and chase him away.

>Finally I can get back to my -
>*fwoosh*
>For fucks sake, they're like roaches
>A pyromancer? Really?
>"Go away, girl. This place is dead and so are your friends."
>"Can't handle the heat?"
>Puns? Why do they always have to use puns? Still, I like their ambition. So feisty.
>"It'll take more than a little flame to bring me down, let alone save this doomed husk."
>"it's a good thing in have more than a little flame then, isn't it?"
>It was her confidence in her grin that amused me the most. Even as she put those ridiculous goggles over her eyes, I could still see their eagerness to prove a point.
>"If you wish to join your friends, so be it."
>I hadn't even finished speaking when the fires erupted around her and screamed towards me.
>They never learn, do they? Or so I had thought. This one was either very clever or incredibly rash. >I guarded the bolts, but then the ground beneath me erupted, boiling the water as the mud turned to slag.
>It was easy enough to dodge, even with my knee, but I did not expect the slag to give chase.
>A mistake I would remember.
>Eruptions beget eruptions as the little devils clawed at my hide. I roared keyword to rid myself of these vermin, but my words were cutoff by the pyromancer's flames.
>I couldn't help but smile. I liked her style. I look forward to killing her in earnest, but for now my work was finished. I took my leave of that wretched plane. For now. I would return soon to watch its final moments.
>>
well Yagmoth was so OP that WoTC could not make a fair Vanguard card heh .
>>
>>44468453
>>>/aco/281627
>>
Eldrazi vs Yawgmoth

sheeit that would some battle
>>
File: 1410028582464.png (5 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1410028582464.png
5 KB, 208x208
I don't understand how they're willing to blow up Dominaria, the setting for some of the most memorable and best blocks both storyline and mechanically, but not Zendikar.

Do they think people didn't like Time Spiral or Apocalypse block or something?
>>
>>44469679
Dominaria is still there.
>>
>>44469773
Yeah but it's a fucking wasteland

We need the Fallout: Dominaria block
>>
>>44465507
>she is facing her fuckups and being responsible
-"hey nissa i have a safe and efficient solution to kill Ulam-"
-"MUH SWORD IN HIS NEEEEEECK"
>>
>>44469828
Yeah, but lets be honest, Dominaria gets blown up like every other block.
>>
>>44466818
That's not fucking Tamiyo.
>>
>>44469866
Nobody said she wasn't green anymore.
>>
>>44469679
Invasion Block was ass in terms of storyline. The entire Weatherlight Saga was.
>>
>>44469828
Nah, we need to see Dominaria rebuilding after all those disasters, which is what most of the non-futureshifted Future Sight cards were saying was happening.
Perhaps, to tie it in to the overall storyline, they focus on a specific section of Dominaria instead of the plane as a whole, with references to the rest of it (some refugees from Shiv, ambassadors from New Benalia, that kind of thing).
The location would, of course, be the reborn Empire of Madara and its 'benevolent' Emperor After all, nobody messes with what belongs to Bolas.
>>
File: Deep In The Swamp.png (490 KB, 800x1959) Image search: [Google]
Deep In The Swamp.png
490 KB, 800x1959
Why is Nissa such a slut?
>>
>Hedron prison uses lines to work
>Kozilek warps plane lines by being awake
Wait a sec how did Kozilek fall in the first place? And why did Jace say they should just kill Ulamog? Either he thought "let's just kill the hands", which is stupid, or he thought they should warp the entire Ula into the plane to destroy him, which is even worse.
>>
>>44471675
Jace's plane is heavily implied to be dragging Ulamog onto the plane to kill him. Note that he doesn't have nearly as complete information as we, the players, do--he has Ugin saying it's a bad idea, but he also has very good reasons not to trust elder dragons. Also, he's kind of an idiot sometimes.
>>
>>44471730
>plane
I meant plan, go me.
>>
So, as it turns out, Kelly Digges is the only person to have ever written Ugin. At all. "The Lithomancer," "Unbroken and Unbowed," and "Revelation at the Eye"--all him.

Digges also looks to be Kiora's main writer, with Kimberly Kreines being the only other one to have touched her in an Uncharted Realms with "Hedron Alignment."

Finally, Kelly seems to have split Jace writing duties with Doug Beyer, with each of them having written approximately half of his stories--not counting Doug's lead from The Secretist.

Nik Davidson is the only person to have written Ob Nixilis aside from Kimberly Kreines doing some dialogue with Nissa in "Nissa's Resolve."

Looking at the Origins stories and the Prelude to Zendikar, it looks like Ari Levitch will normally be writing for Gideon, but James Wyatt has written most of his stories during the actual events of Battle for Zendikar--and, yes, Kimberly also wrote one or two. This might have to do with the fact that Ari has been on more design and development teams lately.

Interestingly, James Wyatt will probably normally be writing Liliana, as he wrote her Origin story and "Unkindness of Ravens"...as well as "Veil of Deceit" during M15.

And, as we all know, our beloved Kimberly J. Kreines writes all of Nissa's stories...at least, now she does. In M15, Adam Lee wrote "Nissa, Worldwaker," and Nissa's Origin story has the dubious honor of being the only one that was co-authored: Adam Lee and Kimberly Kreines. It looks like he handed off writing duties to her so he could focus more on being a Creative representative on design teams.

Does this change how you view any of the characters? Reflecting on the fact that Kimberly was responsible for the story that caused everyone to complain about Kiora is a little eye-opening, as is the fact that Kimberly was picking up where someone else left off when she started writing Nissa.
>>
>>44471812
I still think Hedron Alignment was weirdly good, compared to all her Nissa's trash. I actually enjoy how she wrote Jace, and I'm usually really picky about my Jace writers.
>>
>>44471812
So each walker, in general, has a creative team member writing for them, they aren't just throwing random authors at things. Interesting.
>>
>>44471730
What were the Mage Rings on Vryn for, anyway?
>>
I don't want to be a bother, but can someone give me a tl;dr of Theros and Tarkir? I skipped these two sets and now I'm feeling a bit lost on all the lore.
>>
>>44471812
Keep in mind they do have writing meetings and also map out the future stories.
>>
>>44471991
>Theros
Elspeth goes to not!Greece, kills a hydra, gets laid, accidentally helps Xenagos ascend to god-tier, kills her boyfriend because Xenagos casts a mind-spell on her, wanders around unhappily, meets up Ajani, goes to kill Xenagos, kills Xenagos, gets stabbed by not!Zeus who is a right prick, for killing a god like he asked her to.
>Tarkir
Sarkhan goes to not!Asia, his home plane, where he runs into Best Girl (Narset) and travels back in time to Save the Dragons! Which he does by healing Ugin after his battle with Nicol Bolas, which changes everything so that dragons don't die and the future sucks.
>>
>>44472144
Thanks! Why is Narset best girl?
And what's happening in Zendikar is basically eldrazis and Gideon, Jace and those 3 planeswalkers from Zendikar trying to control them?
>>
>>44472226
There's only two native planeswalkers currently involved in the Zendikar story - Kiora and Nissa.
They, along with Jace and Gideon, are trying to either seal the Eldrazi once again, or failing that try to force them to leave Zendikar.
Ob Nixilis, however, used the attempt at sealing to regain his lost spark, then stuck around to give a giant FUCK YOU to Zendikar because he's a giant asshole like that.
Also Chandra showed up and might be plot relevant for once maybe.
>>
>>44472305
If she doesn't save Gideon's ass next week and then tap it I will eat my hat.
>>
>>44471991
Theros:
>Elspeth planeswalks looking for something to do about Phyrexia
>ends up becoming Champion of the Sun God Heliod
>fedora-tipping satyr douchewalker becomes a god, Heliod makes Elspeth defeat him
>so she does
>then Heliod kills Elspeth for being a planeswalker and because he's an even bigger douche
>but she'll return
>also agender nightmare-beings, Kiora fighting the Sea God, and minotaurs are involved somehow

Tarkir:
>Sarkhan follows voice of Ugin in his head back to his home plane
>tfw no dragons.jpg
>almost gets killed by khan of his former clan for being a traitor, but some kung-fu bitch he just met takes the metaphorical bullet for him
>Sorin shows up for about five minutes
>Sarkhan goes to Ugin's Nexus which triggers some magic bullshit that sends him back in time
>one of the khans at this time was trans, while she was a completely irrelevant character /tg/ threw quite the shitstorm so it's worth mentioning
>Sarkhan pulls some hedron-magic bullshit on the mortally wounded Ugin and fucks off back to his own time
>it turns out changing the past can change the future, who knew?
>dragons are back
>Sarkhan is a temporal anomaly and a god now
>kung-fu bitch is alive and a walker, obligatory shipping ensues
>Sorin shows up for five minutes again
>everything turned out alright! Except the part where Tarkir is constantly raped by its dragon overlords now, but at least Ugin is saved, right?
>>
>>44472356
Akros won against the minotaur hordes, then they partied and somehow Xenagos became the literal Party God because of this.

Also, there was a neat story of Kruphix telling his oracle about Bolas, the Eldrazi, and Phyrexia.
>>
>>44472226
She's WUR colored, cute, intelligent, and
>>44467703
>>
>>44472305
I'm surprised Zendikar became interesting, it looked like Dominaria 2.0 when they released the first set, at least now it has eldritch gods and planeswalkers trying to fix that shit while New Phyrexia grows, yay

>>44472356
Tarkir looks like a pretty cool block, but the mechanics are pretty shite
And the trans legendary is FINE

>>44472423
woah
s-should I build a EDH with her
>>
>>44472452
Alesha also a qt. And yes, if you can find anyone who'll play against Narset in EDH.
>>
Has anyone here ever built a deck focused pretty much solely on the flavor of things, rather than on being mechanically strong?
Been messing with something myself, and would rather get the opinions of people here than in the more mechanically-oriented threads
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lithomancy-1/
>>
>>44471991
Right so.

Theros:
>Plane ruled over by a pantheon of 5 major gods (mono colour) and 9 minor (2 colour, missing R/G)
>Gods reside in "Nyx", which is like heaven but with stars and Enchantment based for literally no reason
>Way back when, Purphoros (R god of the Forge) made a weapon capable of damaging Nyx and Nyx beings because he was pissed at Heloid (W God of being an utter cuntbag about literally everything and ruler of the pantheon)
>All of a sudden, Elspeth shows up
>She finds the weapon that Purphoros made, uses it to slay a fuck off Hydra (represented by the card Polukranos World Eater)
>Heloid decides he can use her as his Champion of Justice and Goodness and shit and she becomes a local hero
>Meanwhile, bored as fuck Satyr called Xenagos has partied so hard that he ignites his spark and goes off to commit debauchury and rave in every plane because why the fuck not
>Xenagos eventually becomes disenfranchised with life because he realises his own insignificance or some bullshit
>Makes devious plan
>Elspeth and followers win a great battle against some Minotaurs who probably just wanted a hug, have a badass party to celebrate the victory
>Xenagos somehow taps into the power of this party and uses it to catapult himself into Nyx and become the God of Revels, which is pretty cool
>During this, Elspeth is tricked into murdering her new boyfriend Daxos of Meletis because reasons
>Heliod is pissed
>Blames Elspeth because scapegoat needed
>Elspeth and Ajani (who is around because why not) go to find Kruphix (U/G God of Mysteries and actually a pretty cool guy) who helps them Journey Into Nyx (spoiler title)
>Elspeth kills Xenagos using the 'Godsend', aka the weapon that Puphoros made way back
>Heliod is still pissed so manipulates anyone and everything to get Elspeth to offer her life in exchange for Daxos' because the god of the underworld (Erebos) seems on the level

Continued...
>>
>>44472452
Prowess might have been the single most broken keyword in recent Magic memory. Everything else was terrible and uninspired (Megamorph? REALLY WIZARDS?)
Alesha did get a pretty OP card, this is true.

>>44472452
>s-should I build a EDH with her
If you want your friends to hate you, sure, go ahead.
>>
>>44472538
Forgot to say - what I'm looking for is some more flavorful suggestions for some of the more...iffy things in there at the moment. Planning on eventually getting Swords of X and Y to replace some of the equipment (most of which I only let slip through on technicality to begin with), but there's a few other things that I'm just not sure on...any suggestions?
>>
>>44471111
l-lewd.
>>
>>44472510
>>44472562
I don't think they'd mind, my other decks are just as evil. But it seems her only option is to play a heavy control of sorts, so it'd be kinda boring in the end.
I'll have to choose another waifu ;_;

>>44472542
So Xenagos is really dead? Or is he going to show up at some point?
>>
>>44472562
>most broken keyword in recent magic memory
>what is delve

>alesha
>op
>>
>>44472666
When you die in Nyx, Satan, you die in real life.
>>
>>44471991
>>44472542
Others have beat me to this but damn it I've put effort in so I'mma finish

>Daxos come back as a 'returned' (Zombie with lost memories) and Elspeth is canonically dead
>She'll probably be back as a returned herself because wizards don't have the balls to kill off characters these days.

Thus endeth Theros

Tarkir:
>Sarkhan misses dragons
>There totally should be dragons
>Nothing is right without dragons
>Literally goes back in time and saves all the dragons in Tarkir, also saves Ugin which is kinda a big deal because Ugin is a boss
>Now instead of interesting 3-colour clans on Tarkir we have 2-colour 'dragon broods' ruled by the dragonlords who are literally raging thundercunts one and all, execpt maybe Atarka who is too stupid
>Some positive changes are in the new timeline, like Narset being a 'walker instead of getting cut in half
>Sarkhan is now a literal paradoox as he was never born in the new/official timeline
>Ugin is now alive which means the fight against the eldrazi actually has someone who knows their shit

That's about it.
>>
>>44472666
narset EDH is cram every single extra turn and extra combat phase spell your wallet can afford into one deck and attack 20 times in a row which makes everyone at the table hate your fucking guts for taking so long.
>>
>>44471812
Worldwaker was the only good Nissa story I've read, so I'm glad I know who was responsible for it. I resent Kimberly for making much of Nissa since then frustrating and hard to read, but that's immature.

It might be worthwhile if she strays away from Nissa, though.
>>
>>44472689
>what is delve
A mechanic first introduced in 2007?

>alesha
>op
She's red, the bar is set pretty low.
>>
>>44463110
>huge cunt
>willing to wake a ridiculous amount of time JUST to fuck people over
>determined as hell
>cunning
>would have totally been down for playing War with Gideon on a different world if given the chance
>woke Kozilek up

Ob Nixilis is fun and I will genuinely be upset if they shunt him to the side indefinitely after this Zendikar block is done.
>>
>>44472742
*willing to wait

Forgot
>hates telepaths and is resistant to them fuck with his head
>fucked up three walkers in a small time frame with little expended effort
>made sure Elf Hitler gets, and gets to watch Zendikar be, gang raped by Scions for what feels like much longer than what it is
>>
>>44472666

What >>44472696 said, it 'appears' that Xenagos is gone for good but knowing WotC and their reluctance too actually off anyone major just in case they become popular... Who knows.
>>
>>44472700
Elspeth will NOT be coming back as a Returned, because then she won't be a Planeswalker - becoming a Returned separates the body and the soul, which death on Theros doesn't do (unlike everywhere else in the multiverse), and that removes the Spark.
She's guaranteed to come back though. She's in the middle of the Hero's Journey, which they harped on so much during the block that they won't drop it.
It has nothing to do with not having the balls to kill off characters - Xenagos is confirmed DEAD dead, after all - and everything to do with the fact that they stopped her story arc in the middle.
>>44472666
Just don't run extra turns/extra combat steps and running Narset should be fine.
>>
>>44472700
Thanks for the effort! I wasn't expecting to get so many responses.

>>44472723
>>44472813
Extra turns? Sounds like every blue commander.

>>44472742
He'll never show up again after this block, sorry anon

>>44472808
I hate when they have to change the lore because of sales, but it's bound to happen.
>>
>>44464925
>>44464942
If this happens I'm done with the lore because they clearly just don't fucking care anymore.

>three pre-mending walkers can't defeat Eldrazi
>but four neo-walkers can either force them off the plane or beat them outright

Fucking horseshit.
>>
>>44472813
A fair point but I still say they have far too much of a reluctance to kill of protagonists, Xenogos was antagonistic so that's fine but is Gideon going to stay dead? Is he hell. Is Elspeth going to stay dead? Is she hell.

When was the last time they actually let a planeswalker on the 'good guys' side die for real? Was it Venser because I'm pretty sure it might be god damn fucking Venser.
>>
>>44472742
>>44472858
He'll be back. We'll need another black walker now that Liliana is on a bus and best walker is possibly getting moon'd
>>
>>44472885
Venser's the only one confirmed dead that's staying dead.
Elspeth's confirmed not staying dead.
Khans Narset died.
Kiora might be dead from Kozilek, but we don't have any confirmation there yet.
>>
>>44472885
Gideon is not confirmed dead right now. Elspeth, as has been said, was explicitly set up to be on the Hero's Journey, not to be dead--they just decided to pause her story on a goddamn cliffhanger for no reason.
>>
>>44471111
Nissa's my waifu.
Or she would be as soon as she stops being a walking mass of she doesn't even know herself.
>>
>>44472934
You're not wrong but you're also not refuting my point about them being too scared to kill any protagonists in case the fans don't like it.
>>
File: Best Girl.png (396 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.png
396 KB, 1000x1334
Have we heard of anything from karn and the other phyrexians recently?
>>
>>44473030
You might be right. I just don't think having a main character die is a prerequisite for a good story, that's all.
>>
>>44473227
>yfw eventually some of the planeswalkers die of old age because Magic still exist in 70+ years
>>
>>44473227
That's certainly a reasonable point and I don't consider it a prerequisite for a good story, it just affects my suspension of disbelief when again and again protagonists are put into life threatening situations that are bad enough to *literally threaten worlds* and yet they always scrape through because protagonist shield of justice etc, you know what I mean?

To me it's got to the point of feeling like a teenaged amateur author who refuses to let anything bad happen to their characters because naiive sense of right and justice means that the hero always wins!

It just feel unlikely and juvenile to me by this point.
>>
>>44473312
Well, it is a kids' card game. It doesn't affect my suspension of disbelief anymore than when I'm watching Star Wars and the heroes mysteriously remain unshot except when it's Dramatically Appropriate, but I can see where you're coming from. Different people are going to have different sticking points on these things.
I guess overall I kinda like some of my fiction to be a bit juvenile, you know?
>>
>>44473312
Nigga, compared to a fuckton of other stories, Magic has let the bad guys win like a lot. A lot of people died, too. The Apocalypse left almost no one alive. Etc.
>>
>>44473098

why does phyrexian language sounds like screeching metal n shit
>>
>>44473227
You hear that Wizards?
Protagonists don't have to die to make a good story!
Now leave best walker alone, alright?

>>44473300
They'll have rebooted the franchise 2 or 5 more times by then.

>>44473312
To be fair "protagonist shield of justice" is literally Gideon's powerset...
>>
>>44473384
But Sorin already died, chandere. :^)
>>
>>44473405
Innistrad vampires aren't undead :^)
>>
File: Something About Redheads MF.png (471 KB, 800x910) Image search: [Google]
Something About Redheads MF.png
471 KB, 800x910
Here, have some fresh smut.
>>
>>44473362
Yeah but it hasn't happened in forever, it used to be fine but recently the closest thing to bad guys winning was the dragon broods ruling instead of the Khans.

>>44473384
I honestly wish he would have to shout that to activate it, would be hilarious.

>>44473361
This is totally fair, I'm the same for a lot of literature etc so maybe it's hypocritical of me to think this about the MtG storyline.
>>
>>44473426
>the Phyrexian line is literally just gibberish

WI am a little bit upset about this but then again Phyrexian is quite a hard language for a foreigner and maybe you should consider a compleation because it makes our language easier to use.
>>
>>44473369
It's more efficient and on different wavelengths than our own mundane biological ones.
>>
File: Something About Redheads FF.png (503 KB, 800x1025) Image search: [Google]
Something About Redheads FF.png
503 KB, 800x1025
>>44473432
Oh, and an F/F version. This was a lot of fun to write.
>>
>>44473468
Since Time Spiral...
>Lormoor Block
Oona killed Oona, now Oona is Queen of the Fae. Who knows if this is a Good End.
>Alara Block
Ajani manages to stop Bolas from achieving full Oldwalker power...but he still gets MOST of his power back, he's no longer going senile and dying. And Alara itself is a chaotic mess with everyone invading. Minor victory for Bolas.
>Zendikar Block
Everything goes according to Bolas' plan, Eldrazi are released, countless Zendikari die. Bad End.
>Scars of Mirrodin Block
Phyrexia fucking crushes the Mirrans, Venser dies, Karn barely avoids becoming the Father of Machines. Horrible End.
>Innistrad Block
Avacyn is freed...because of Liliana. One of Innistrad's strongest demons is killed, but another of his power will be born in his place due to the nature of Innistrad. Humanity is no longer going extinct. Good End overall, other than Liliana getting what she wants with no repercussions.
>Return to Ravnica Block
The central district ISN'T utterly annihilated because Jace does something that should fry his brain, but it doesn't. He then ends up with the worst job in Ravnica. Good End for everyone except Jace.
>Theros Block
Xenagos causes wars, fucks everything up, gets murdered by Elspeth. Elspeth gets murdered by Heliod because Heliod is a whiny bitch. Ajani is now maximum fedoralord. Bad End.
>Tarkir Block
Sarkhan accidentally takes everything interesting about his home plane and replaces it with DRAGONS. Bad End for everyone other than Sarkhan, Narset, and Ugin (Narset only cause now she's not dead)
>>
>>44473875
Would Sorin's friend not being dead make Tarkir a Good End for him too?
>>
>>44465146
Whut
>>
>>44473384
>protagonist shield of justice is literally Gideon's powerset
And we saw how well that went down today didn't we?
>three inches of dirty water
>>
>>44473582
This is both sexy and adorable. Thank you, based anon.
>>
>>44473911
Ugin's in the list, if you'll notice.
>>
>>44473432
Gave me a boner, this is preeeetty good.
>>
>>44473528
>>44473432
>>
>>44471991
Most other people covered Theros pretty well, but one of the more important lore side stories related to Theros involved an oracle of Kruphix and the god himself.

Mind you, Kruphix is the oldest god on Theros, but not many worship him because he's got a very 'hands off' approach to showing off his godhood.

Anyway, his oracle arrives because he just wants to talk to her. We learn that the reason why Kruphix is very hands off is because he's seen how gods tend to get killed when they get too involved in mortal affairs (the god before Xenagos, Xenagos proper, now probably Heliod thanks to Ajani traveling across Theros to shit talk Heliod about how big of a douche he is). The other, and more important, thing is that he can (basically) passively read the mind of every living thing on the plane without them knowing. EVERYTHING.

That means he knows about Planeswalkers, Phyrexia (both old and new versions), the Eldrazi, Bolas, the Multiverse, and just how insignificant the gods are compared to the above beings named.

And the only reason he told her was because he felt that at least one mortal deserved to know, in case anything happened to him, so that there'd be at least a tiny chance of Theros as a plane to survive.
>>
>>44468792

To be fair, if Shadows Over Innistrad reverses the humans catching a fucking break in AVR, this will be basically the only time the good guys have actually won since Alara.
>>
>>44473875
>Phyrexia fucking crushes the Mirrans, Venser dies, Karn barely avoids becoming the Father of Machines. Horrible End.
I think you mean best end, honestly the phyrexians were the heroes we didn't deserve cleaning up a shit plane like mirrodin that was already half gone.
>>
>>44474344
He told her because she asked what was troubling him, and he went 'are you sure you want to know what troubles a god?' and she said yes.
Later, back in the city, an attendant asks her what's troubling her. She just says nothing and gives a thousand-yard stare out the window.
>>
>>44474359
Phyrexia fag, pls go
>>
>>44474344
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

>>44474359
>mirrodin
>bad
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>44474359
I bet you're one of those Nornies, aren't you kid?
Damn whippersnappers wouldn't know compleation if it bit them in the face.
WHY BACK IN MY DAY, WE HAD TO SACRIFICE PERMANENTS TO GET OUR COMPLEATION! UPHILL! BOTH WAYS!
AND WE LIKED IT!
Dangurn kids these days and their Obliterator this and their fancy colors that. WE JUST HAD BLACK MANA AND ARTIFACTS! AND WE HAD TO SHARE THE ARTIFACTS!
>>
>>44472562
Prowess is not broken at all. It's on a couple of cards that have good summoning costs and other good effects (Swiftspear and Monastery Mentor).

If you say that Prowess is broken then there must be 25%+ of a non-standard format's decks having at least one card with that specific keyword on it in their 75. Making a statement without that statistical backing is just asinine.

Leave it to the players who can play more than just draft and EDH talk about broken cards chandere. We don't need your 2 cents on it.
>>
>>44474414
My bad. Still, Theros is probably fucked if any of the current big 3 baddies show up (Bolas, Eldrazi, Phyrexians). But with the way they're shaping things, it's beginning to look like Ob Nix will become another big bad of the multiverse, as he's an oldwalker in a powerful form and just wants to watch the multiverse burn.
>>
>>44474494
Prowess is probably the strongest keyword/mechanic to come out in a while (probably since Phyrexian mana), but nowhere near as busted as some of the other stuff in Magic's history.
>>
File: 1405139537713.jpg (4 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
1405139537713.jpg
4 KB, 216x216
>>44473529
source?

>different wavelengths
>urza & Karn actually spoke phyrexian

how did they manage that ? is it a planeswalker thing to speak in unfathomable languages?
>>
>>44474498
Note that having been an oldwalker doesn't mean shit and all beyond 'experience' now - the mending changed how planeswalkers work, period, it doesn't matter if they were already planeswalkers, sparked afterwards, or were already planeswalkers and were sealed/phased out/dead/whatever when the Mending hit, they're still all neowalker-level power now.
Bolas, Ugin, Sorin, Nahiri, Ob, all are affected by the Mending. If, somehow, they revived Urza, he'd be a neowalker too - no more inverting his body or having crystals for eyes for him.
That said, Ob's still an experienced fucker with the body of a demon. Nowheres near his former power, but still damn strong.
>>
>>44474477
Before the Memnarch saga ended mirrodin was amazing, then the soul trap bullshit was brought up and mirrodin for the most part just vanished people wise.

The reason the phyrexians had such an easy time of compleation was because there wasn't enough people left to fight them.

It was a shitty empty plane by the time of the Memnarch death.
>>
>>44474560
>Citing the mage who literally made humanoids to fight a war for him and made a weapon to kill yawgmoth and a golem as an example.

Please
>>
>>44474592
It was completely wrecked by the Memnarch, but this doesn't mean it was a shitty plane, or the lore is shitty. All it means is that Phyrexia had an easier time taking control of everything.
Mirrodin is my planefu desu
>>
>>44474494
>Leave it to the players who can play more than just draft and EDH talk about broken cards chandere. We don't need your 2 cents on it.
Chandere actually plays magic? I thought it was just a lore fag who just collected the cards on neetbux.
>>
File: Glissa-the-Traitor1.jpg (98 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
Glissa-the-Traitor1.jpg
98 KB, 620x450
>>44474636
Actually Memnarch was the reason why mirrodin was so great in the first place, if anything it was this whore right here who not only fucked everything up but was then compleated and ruined it for everyone even further.

The plus side was that we got the phyrexians (sort of) back.
>>
>>44462799
I just read the fucking UR, holy shit
>nissa goes full REEEEE MYBLADEINHISNECK REEEEE
>ob-noxious makes child play out of her
>Seems par for the course
>out magical-bs'd jace and punched his lights out
>dohoho, this is getting entertaining
>practically challenges gideon to an in context MTG battle on a different plane
>remains calm and collected, uses his experience to beat gideon in grappling
>"Three inches of dirty water"

Hot damn they know how to make a likable villain. or maybe all the other characters are just so shit he's the only one you CAN like. Whatever. great UR just for the fact that jace got his clock cleaned again.
>>
>>44474764
I completely agree with you.
>>
>>44474696
1v1 me scrublord :^)
>>
>>44474833
I'm going to just assume you have a lifetime total of 0 pro points and boldly proclaim that I'd wipe the floor with you.
>>
>>44472542
Godsend couldn't kill Xenagos, it took one of Nylea's arrows to deal the killing blow.
>>
>>44475517
Another one of their dumb ideas. Xenagos was a great character, yet we have other generic walkers who somehow have all this shitty plot armor.
>>
>>44475560
I hate Xenagos and I'm glad he's dead, so it's less a "shitty idea" and more "different people like different characters."
>>
>>44475573
Your taste in characters is shit.
>>
>>44472813
Elspeth will come back as an Eidolon representing her soul.
>>
File: gr8b8m8.png (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
gr8b8m8.png
27 KB, 625x626
>>44475606
What a cogent argument.
>>
>>44475728
U fuckin wot m8. I'll fight you IRL.
>>
>>44475517
To rephrase it better:
Godsend wasn't enough to kill Xenagos. Luckily he was hit by one of Nylea's arrows while he was still mortal, and it was keeping his heart mortal, so Godsend hit that and the arrowhead exploded, killing Xenagos.
Why didn't he remove it? Hubris.
>>
>>44474815
>Compleatly
>>
>>44475693
That won't be Elspeth either. It won't be a Planeswalker, it won't care about anything Elspeth cared about, and there being an Eidolon and a Returned that used to be Elspeth in no way completes the Hero's Journey.
>>
With all this Eldrazi stuff over the last half year, I was wondering if they'll ever expand some more on Marit Lage. She seemed to be almost as bad as a Titan's manifestation from what I've read, if not straight-up as bad as a Titan in general.
>>
>>44473432
>>44471111
You got any other past works? Or anything else you're working on currently?
>>
>>44474696
>it
>neetbux
There is so much wrong about this statement you are making about chandere-chan.

>>44474833
chandere-chan you play magic online at all (MODO, Xmage, Cockatrice, etc)?
>>
>>44479124
God
we thought you'd been hit by a car or some shit
there was a celebration
>>
>>44479241
I don't always have time to post, I usually lurk. I'm always around watching, in fact I even posted that in one of the Wednesday lore threads, but nobody figured out it was me.

I did laugh at some of the comments people made about me being gone.
>>
I want to GM a MTG game for my player circle. What sorts of plots lend themselves well to a party of planeswalkers?
>>
>>44469646
I think Yawgmoth would wreck them honestly.

He killed the majority of life on Dominaria just by entering the plane if I remember correctly.
>>
>>44469679
Dominaria isn't as marketable because it doesn't have a gimmick like other planes do.

Though ironically it's gimmick has become the fact that it's a rekt apocalyptic wasteland.
>>
>>44479534
Yawgmoth would wreck 99.9% of the entities in all of Magic canon.
>>
File: 1373867249142.png (10 KB, 771x711) Image search: [Google]
1373867249142.png
10 KB, 771x711
>>44479534
>We will never get Yawgmoth led Phyrexia vs Eldrazi
>We get the Oath of the Fuccbois team instead
>>
>>44476117
Ajani will pull the two halves back together. She'll keep her spark because reasons
>>
>>44479869
Just let Dack get her out, it's all he's been doing since the comic.
>>
File: 1388983024799.gif (655 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1388983024799.gif
655 KB, 853x480
So let me get this

Yawgmoth was so OP in all his shit but was never an actual planeswalker
>>
>>44480025
Correct.
He never had a spark and could not planeswalk of his own power, relying on portals.
He was also once but a human doctor.
>>
So whats up with the non-Wednesday threads? Did the snowflake-fags go overboard?
>>
>>44480395
only one, who ruined it for everyone else
>>
>>44480395
Basically yeah. Then lost all interest and nobody cared to make new ones other than Wednesday UR Thread
>>
>>44480395
Why can't she get banned
>>
>>44481118
I think you may have replied to the wrong person, good sir.
>>
>>44468477
That's probably how the Phyrexians on Elspeth's home plane ended up there.
>>
>>44481488
it's kinda implied that her home plane was part of The Old Phyrexian Empire
>>
>>44480459
Oh, tell me more!
>>
>>44467516
What is cancer and how does it spread
>>
What actually happened to Glint-Eye Nephillim?
>>
>>44468126
This is a huge flavor fuckup. Nissan Sentra repeatedly states that she gets no reaction from the land, thats it's dead as dead can get.
>>
>>44482025
A failed metaphor--the Titans leave their spawn behind when they travel to other planes. Cancer is a problem of cell reproduction and the failure of controlled cell death...but the drones don't re-incorporate into the Titans at any point. Which is, in fact, how cancer spreads--cancerous cells migrate to other parts of the body.
>>
>>44482100
Dead. Can't remember whether it was Niv, Rakdos, or someone else that took the Glint-Eye out, mind you.
>>
So if the Spawn are the "hands" of the Eldrazt, then Emrakul has
BIG
MEATY
CLAWS
>>
>>44464925
>Fuck these happy endings.
fuck off, the last time a major threat was encountered, we had an edgy end of the world scenario, having a victory, even a Pyrrhic one would be better
>>
>>44479534
How?

Yawgy Bear was a giant cloud of black mana, functionally. The Eldrazi EAT that shit for breakfast. He's practically an all you can eat buffet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.