[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: SI Page 1.jpg (4 MB, 1400x6450) Image search: [Google]
SI Page 1.jpg
4 MB, 1400x6450
"I have the High Ground" Edition

Last Thread: >>44434422

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/MhAQAJiw
IRC Chat Channel
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.rizon.net%2Fcyoa

Here's a dropbox with a LOT of CYOA's:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAA40vUS2BzstD9eHyyBLTr8a?dl=0
Here's Beri's OC (genie cyoa+)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfjM3SjU2TWNJQ3VpZ2pWYk0xRUJ4LVZYRkgyTTlwUTQwZjZhN0FNTTJ3LUE
Here's Liminal Phrenic's blog with most of his cyoa stuff theouterworlds.blogspot.com
Here's Spadesy's wordpress with most of his cyoa stuff feathersnake.wordpress.com

List of Image Resources:
http://game-icons.net
http://www.pixiv.net
http://drawcrowd.com
http://digital-art-gallery.com
https://www.artstation.com
http://coolvibe.com
http://www.zerochan.net
http://danbooru.donmai.us
http://www.deviantart.com
http://fantasygallery.net
http://grognard.booru.org
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.com
>>
>>44460168
Dyson Spheres were a mistake.
>>
File: SI Page 2.jpg (6 MB, 1400x8950) Image search: [Google]
SI Page 2.jpg
6 MB, 1400x8950
>>44460168
>>
>>44455072
Seems like it's going to be really good when it's all said and done. Keep it up.
>>
>>44460168
Theia was a mistake
>>
File: What If.png (1 MB, 1800x800) Image search: [Google]
What If.png
1 MB, 1800x800
I don't suppose I could get some feedback on this piece of half finished oc I'm working on?
>>
>>44460361
Incomplete cyoas were a mistake.
>>
>>44460168

"This thread was a mistake" Edition

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>44460361
I want that satan pizza.
>>
CYOA's were a mistake.
>>
>>44460361
That clip art wizard. I love it.
options are kinda interest, tho pics look kinda out of place, but with a proper theme put together that'll get fixed
>>
>>44460391
fuck me, forgot to remove the tripcode from that quest thread. I'll just go sit in the faggot corner now, you don't need to tell me.
>>
File: cyoabountyhunter.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
cyoabountyhunter.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44460175
>>44460304
Not as big a mistake as Hastur, though
>>
This'll be hard without ruining the concept...
I started having the idea for a CYOA, currently the idea is you have lived a long live as an adventurer and must now pass on your skills and equipment to a successor because reasons.
I'm just worried it'll be boring and end up being >pick a dude, >pick an armor, weapon etc. to hand over
and not, you know, about "where did you get all this stuff from" and things.
There'll be some mention of events or quests/villains as backstory for where you got stuff, I just hate making a cyoa and people just write "i pick a, b and c"
>>
File: Soaked (to the bone).png (3 MB, 1200x4740) Image search: [Google]
Soaked (to the bone).png
3 MB, 1200x4740
>>44460434
I want to avoid what happened with this one
>>
>>44443096

I don't think Magical Princess requires lesbianism, despite Angel's well known preferences. I always imagined that the standard expectation would be that as a princess you would receive male suitors and eventually marry one of them. If you want a girl, you have to spend a pick to get one, and it's either forbidden love or a freaky pervy kidnapping sort of thing.

Just for the record, my own plan for getting a consort was to issue quests to bold and attractive young men, so that they could prove their courage and quality. It's what magical princesses in magical realms do, isn't it?
>>
>>44460434
Gotta focus on that story and lore then.
>>
File: cyoabrokennation.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
cyoabrokennation.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44460434
I can see the risk you might have, yeah.

I think your hope lies in execution of fluff. Work in lots of worldbuilding in the descriptions.

Maybe also have it so's you can hand over more abstract things to represent the things you've achieved as an adventurer like:

The deed to that castle the King of Fantasylandia promised you for slaying the princess who capture his precious dragon

The services of a motley crew of Fae retained after that incident where you arbitrated between their Queen and the Autumn Court (and you're still leery of pumpkins to this day) bound to bring good fortune to you and misfortune to your enemies. Kind of like the Nac Mac Feegle but well...dickass unseelies/seelies instead of tiny scotsmen

The wedding ring you gave to your spouse. It's all about what it represents-you took it from a rare vein of ore from a distant plane that'll beguile the common folk with its' intrinsic lustre and shock wizards with how stupidly rare it is. And thinking of your maritial bond will surely fill the successor with DETERMINATION.

Speaking of villains-maybe one complication could involve an ex-villain in the same scenario, who's training a successor. It could come in two tiers of difficulty-at the higher tier, the villain still hates your guts but got Morgoth'd one too many times and can only take revenge on you through proxy. At the easier tier, the villain bears you no grudge and is just doing things for the sake of tradition. So his apprentice will still be evilly inclined, but have been trained to be more of a spirited rival than a revenge-crazed fanatic.
>>
>>44460168
>Here's Spadesy's wordpress with most of his cyoa stuff feathersnake.wordpress.com
Since it's being linked in the thread pasta and I'm getting a lot of visitors I added a Artifex, Wizard's Apprentice, SI and Dark God in there as well.
>>
File: cyoasettlingdown.jpg (724 KB, 1200x2350) Image search: [Google]
cyoasettlingdown.jpg
724 KB, 1200x2350
>>44460434
Also, I don't want to harsh your buzz. But I just realised half my suggestions were misremembered from this one, which it sort of subconsciously reminded me of since I didn't remember I'd had it until now.
>>
>>44460391
Could you elaborate on what you mean by theme? All photorealistic or all cartoony? All animals or all waifus?
Also, here's the pizza pentagram/mystery box, just in case I give up at some point
>>
>>44460538
Are you just lurking or are you here to make a Cyoa?
>>
>>44460609
>Pizza lady
My instincts are confused.
>>
>>44460611
I have one cooking but no guarantees. I recommend against expecting anything
>>
>>44460609
yeah, images of a similar style, but I was talking more in general about the entire look. Like the background, text colour etc. at the moment it looks understandably unfinished, but with some work it'll look just fine.
>>
tg, what's the key to making companions that people like and would have a hard time choosing between?

right now the only thing I can think of is writing a short backstory for them.
>>
>>44460685
make them all closely fit anime stereotypes and use cute anime girls for the images.
>>
>>44460685
make them relatable, interesting and/or realistic. A companion flaws, an interesting backstory/motivations, and give them their own wants/needs. A well thought out companion is, in my humble opinion, always better than a powerful one.

As we're all fa/tg/uys, tits help too, though I try not to choose based on portrait.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>>44460512
You're a gent. Duly noted.
>>
>>44460707
There's no point in giving them flaws if you don't give them strengths. A bundle of flaws isn't going to attract more people.
>>
>>44460773
I wasn't suggesting not giving them strengths, but rather just giving them more viable flaws. Flaws that are objectively flaws rather than the subjective stuff.
>>
>>44460794
All flaws are going to be subjective unless you make them retarded or murderrapists. Which you can do with one or two but not all.
>>
>>44460491
Oh, slave-anon, how I've misssed you.
Did you ever start work on a CYOA like I asked/begged you to?
>>
>>44460798
yeah, I suppose. I just prefer my companions to have something bad about them that will effect me,
>>
>>44460627
If I wasn't so classy I'd make a joke about eating pie.
>>
>>44460557
the major difference lies in you not settling down, but passing on, finally dying and someone must take your place. They need to be trained and ready for what's to come.
>>
File: 1447279033243.gif (895 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447279033243.gif
895 KB, 640x480
>>44460827
>Implying I wouldn't want the whole world to die with me.
>>
>>44460631
What's it about?
>>
>>44460361
I am entranced by the prospect of having a papier mache angler fish as my familiar.
>>
>>44460841
Anon pls, you're an avatar. As recognition of all your countless good deeds you get to go to that-place-in-Greek-mythology-that-isn't-Hades
>>
>>44460538
You made solar inheritance? Will you update it? Dyson spheres and agent bonuses are annoying scars on a CYOA I like.
>>
>>44460917
Why are you so butthurt about them? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>44460877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkvW2uO0DI
Sneak peek of how it moves on land.
>>
I'm gonna make a small but lewd CYOA.

What's everyone's opinion on roommate CYOAs? What do you look for in them? I'm gonna go with that formula but with a twist.
>>
>>44461223
Cute waifus without huge flaws.
>>
>>44461223
That I've never seen a good one because there is always something horribly wrong with each one.
>>
>>44461223
>What's everyone's opinion on roommate CYOAs?
I'm of the mind that "which of these benefits do you like the most" is superior to "which of these faults do you hate the least".
>>
>>44461243
Oh, they'll have faults alright.

>>44461246
Mind elaborating so I don't do it wrong?

>>44461274
Their faults will be the points that make them lovable, though.

And it sort of becomes a power trip in the end.
>>
>>44461223
In my opinion, roommate CYOAs that just give you a choice out of x waifus are really somewhat boring.
>>
File: Supernatural roommate.png (854 KB, 2024x2358) Image search: [Google]
Supernatural roommate.png
854 KB, 2024x2358
>>44461298
Werewolf
>Treats you like a second-rated citizen, destroys your stuff and likely kills you
Vampire
>you're a pet, his friends will kill you eventually
Witch
>spikes your food with unknown, untested magic
Demon
>takes your soul

All either kill you or destroy your life
>>
>>44461311
I'll make it work. I'm no stranger to these threads, and I'm not gonna keep it simple as in just making you pick one option.

>>44461333
I'm not really into the whole masochist thing either, don't worry. In fact, you kind of destroy theirs in the end in the good way.
>>
>>44461387
Its not even masochism, its just, as /v/ would say, artificial difficulty.
Dont know how to make a CYOA interesting?
Just add some complete bullshit to even it out.
>>
File: 1395376603856.jpg (42 KB, 561x726) Image search: [Google]
1395376603856.jpg
42 KB, 561x726
>>44460168
>>44460187

I had to change things up a bit to afford the Antimatter Station for the Dreadnought, but build hasn't changed much. Same character.

>Marquise

>Habitable World
>Cities
Free
>Mines
Free
>Spaceport
>Hypernet Node
>Orbital defenses
>Construction yards
>Subterranean Cities

>Moon (Habitable)
>Mines
Free
>Cities
Free
>Spaceport
Free

>Star (Sunlike)
>Antimatter Station

>Dreadnought
>Hyperflux Shields
>Teleport Bay
>Hospital
>Point Defense Turrets
>EMP Beam
>Anti-Cloaking Array
>Integrated Jump Gate
>Drone Hanger
>Drop Pods
>Onboard Constructors
>Siege Weaponry
>Planet Destroyer Weapon
>Armoured Regiment
>Antigrav Packs
>All-Environment Proofing
>Size Increase (10,000)

>Self-Repairing Vehicles
>Anti-Ageing Serum
>Industrial Antimatter

>Princess Theia

Everyone knew something wasn't quite right with her from a young age. But what could they do about it? She was the Princess' favorite cousin! They played together as children! Why not just stick her on a populated, but out of the way planet and forget about it? 15 Years later the population of the world of Temnaya Ten' and it's moon live deep in underground cities. Under Marquise Valeria Procula's iron fist, the whole society has been practically enslaved and is devoted to mining and building The Marquise's personal army, including one of the largest ships ever built and exhausting her planet's resources. The force may be impractical, but is truly terrifying to behold. Her obsession, strange as it may be, has at least led to the disappearance of pirates in the sector. Now that Princess Theia's grown and is looking for allies in her quest to become Empress, her estranged former playmate may yet be an even greater service to the galaxy.....
>>
>>44461736
I like this build. Did you consider taking any enemies?
>>
File: eldritch estate draft.jpg (2 MB, 1600x4700) Image search: [Google]
eldritch estate draft.jpg
2 MB, 1600x4700
Thoughts?

was making a page 2 but struggling to get it together. made edits so this can stand alone.
>>
>>44461798
Not bad but it's pretty much the same thing as the 100 other fantasy realm/domain CYOAs. If you're making this for practice, sure. But things like this will be forgotten quick and be outshined by things like Overlord, Domain Master, Level Design, or Magic Realm.

They're all literally the same thing with different flavours.
>>
File: banner.jpg (192 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
192 KB, 960x540
>>44461798
What's an eldritch?
Is this an eldritch?
>>
>>44461837
You're an eldritch.

>>44461836
Hm. I'm ripping off the old Wizards Domain cyoa, which is my all time favourite. I didn't see it as occupying the same creative space as, say, overlord.
>>
>>44461798
the rule for terrain can be broken if you want one of the 10 point options
If you want both a 5 and 10 point option, you buy the 10 point first and the second one costs 10, rather than the first costing 5 and the second costing 20.
>>
>>44461858
This was raised on the irc when I posted a version there- I don't think it's a problem since I like it when people use the weirder, more costly options. But do you think I should adjust the terrain section intro to clarify?
>>
>>44461876
no, let it be open. Personally none of the 10 point options appeal to me.
More importantly, how can you decide the terrain the house is in? It's already built, isn't it?
What's an eldritch?
>>
>>44461798
I like the premise but it doesn't make the most of it. Most of the options are things that can easily be found elsewhere and there isn't a lot more eldritch than you'd get in any standard magical realm thing.
>>
>>44461768

I've thought about it. There's lots of neat scenarios I could think of by having some enemies and different allies. It'd take juggling around points quite a bit though.

I could take Gilbereth Ertin and Captain Sasha as enemies and take Baron Gregory as a ally with the points. A spunky adventurer and an honorable pirate would make good foils for Valeria, who I imagine as being more of a comic book type villain. Baron Gregory would be a good ally since he could be easy to manipulate. There's lots of good choices for making stories though.

It would also make sense to be Princess Theia's vassal instead of ally. I'd probably use the extra points for a couple of science stations so I could get FTL sensors and FTL inhibitors.
>>
>>44461798
>>44461857
>>44461836

I think what'll make this one stand out a little more is however the foe section is handled if you finish p2

Especially if ALL types of choices affect which enemies you're better able to handle, of have disadvantages against. Like if certain foes will pray on your townspeople, or if you spent points to give them magic then they might instead help defeat certain enemies. Etc.

Then you might need to put more consideration into your combination of choices then most "Here, have a magical realm" CYOAs.
>>
>>44461931
Until there's a person in the demiplane there was no need for it to be habitable or anything. It was just objects floating in void, and extra dimensional creatures got stuck to it and got inside. When the demo plane is handed to you it has to be made livable and you get to choose what the land is like
>>
>>44461798
Being the greedy bastard that I am (plus because of how Regeneration is described), I'd suggest that you give the first Immortality upgrade for free (and probably discount the second one) if one also takes Regeneration.

Without going into proper build-making, I am a bit worried that the current point count might not be enough for people to both make a proper settlement _and_ get the gifts they desire the most (possibly ending up with them just taking the gifts they want plus the portal and then fucking off back home, leaving the plane to fend for itself).
>>
>>44461931
Eldritch is an adjective.
>>
>>44461798
Woodland - 5
Tower - 15
Planar Affinity - 25
Automata - 35
Library - 45
Portal - 55
Immortality with upgrade 1 - 90
Teleportation - 110
Eldritch Bride - 150 (has immortality with upgrade 1, teleportation, and scrying with upgrade 2)

Cool CYOA. But I think you should double the points budget.
>>
>>44462104
>>44461798
Nah, what you need is to change it to have two points systems like SI or Dark God. One for you and one for your estate and people.
>>
>>44462070
What is eldritch / what does it refer to?
If I described someone as being eldritch, how would the person act?
>>
>>44462145
Before Lovecraft, it referred to the doings of elves, fairies, and other unpredictable, dangerous beings of the wilds. Nowadays it means drooling alien tentacles from other universes.
>>
>>44462145
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eldritch
>>
>>44462160
>Unearthly, supernatural, eerie.
thx m8
>>44462157
right. I think I'd prefer not to get involved with a tentaclemonster.
>>
>>44461798
Please make immortality free, because it's not a choice whether you take it or not. I know the CYOA makes you unaging but the benefit of the immortality option is just too good to go without.

That said.
My mansion is located in the middle of a still lake, surrounded by thick, impenetrable mist (5). A tall tower flies above it, only occasionally descending to meet with the locals (30). All around the mansion, and on stilted houses in the water, is a settlement of 1000 people (45) who do not age and are all very intelligent (65). Many are magically capable (80). There is a magical college to help them refine their abilities (95).

In the tower is a harem (110) and an immortal, psychic wizard (150). When not having fun with his collection of nubile women, he helps the people with their day to day issues.
>>
>>44462104
>>44462118
He could keep 150 as the default and then have a list of drawbacks so you could get a lot more points.
>>
>>44461798
I think I'll take a pass. It says it'll grant me a demiplane, not force it upon me. And accepting a demiplane filled with "horrors", granted by a mystical voice in my head, sounds like a really bad idea.
>>
2 MB, 1600x4700
>>44462104
I've just beein thinking about it and I think that 300 is too much for this standalone, but 250 is better. 150 is just too restrictive, you're right.

>>44462199
I was wondering whether to make immortality a standard, or to make it really expensive, and taking the middle path isn't the best solution. But I'm hoping someone comes up with a smarter way of dealing with it than me. Nice build, by the way.
>>
>>44462282
nah, you'll be fineee. What are you, a wuss? Enter the demiplane of horrors, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>44462309
Much better.

Woodland - 5
Coastline - 15
Tower - 25
Tavern with excellent food - 35
Settlement of 100 with upgrade 3 - 50
Planar Affinity - 60
Mages - 75
Automata - 85
Library - 95
Portal - 105
Form change with upgrade - 135
Immortality with upgrade 1 - 170
Teleportation with both upgrades - 210
Eldritch Bride - 250 (has immortality with upgrade 1, teleportation, and scrying with upgrade 2)

If I teleport can I take other people I'm touching with me? Have I made a big mistake by assuming the horrors can be taken out by mages?
>>
>>44462282
Well what were you going to do today otherwise?
>>
>>44462309
I think immortality could come standard, but it could be very unwieldy without upgrades. Maybe it could take a a whole year for you to reform, and the demiplane would have difficulties with the "horrors" and other issues while your gone. So you have to clean up when you return and "dying" or losing your body could be a serious setback unless you spend points on upgrades.

Also, it seems odd to me that form change is restricted to human forms, or those o races in your settlements when you're supposed to be an "eldritch" being.
>>
>>44462104
>>44462199
What's the plan for when cthulhu comes knocking?
>>
>>44462386
invite him in for tea, naturally.
>>
>>44462282
This. I need to know what I'm fighting,
>>
>>44462314
rape by many tentacles?
>>44462380
finish the two last options for a CYOA. If I go nanny a house, it won't be finished.
>>
>>44462416
I really don't know what the last contract for High bountry in the assassin cyoa should be. ANd I'm having difficulty fleshing out the second last contract. I've already written all there is, but I need six more lines so that evey contract has an equal amount of lines.
>>
2 MB, 1600x4700
>>44462309
>>44462367
>>44462385
How about these changes?

>Have I made a big mistake by assuming the horrors can be taken out by mages?
Hopefully there will be a second page that answers this question.

>Also, it seems odd to me that form change is restricted to human forms, or those o races in your settlements when you're supposed to be an "eldritch" being.
Well, you're just you, except a cosmic being gave you some abilities it thought you might be easily bribed with.
>>
>>44462508
You need to get making page 2 then.

>cost reductions
Yeah, i was about to say the personal and domain points costs aren't very balanced. This is better.
>>
>>44462508
For the Mages option (or any "special populace" option that actually draws from the populace pool itself), maybe make the amount of mages into a percentage instead of a flat value?
>>
>>44462309
Come to think of it, the hospital isn't very useful, especially not for its costs. It's cheaper just to upgrade your population to be unaging and immune to sickness. As for injuries and the medical AI and such, just take the portal and bring back Earth medical tech. Now, if the high tech upgrades are good enough for townspeople to regrow lost limbs and survive mortal wounds and such it might be still be worthwhile, but at 40+ points with a population that's clinically immortal anyways, Field first aid should be enough for most uses.

Besides that, if healing magic comes with mages, that further obsoletes the hospital.

What might actually make it worthwhile, is an upgrade to grant the unaging/sickness immunity benefit to non-natives of the realm whom you allow to visit through the portal. And possibly if the high-tech upgrades allow for cybernetic augmentations and such. Alternately the base (sparsely equipped) hospital should probably be 5 points since without any upgrades it's basically a building with some beds and a few crude medical tools.

>>44462385
I kinda like that idea, Or even if it's not "free" the base immortality could be dirt cheap like 5 points and take a year with week and instant being upgrades.

Actually, maybe immorality base could have a drawback of loosing a bit of your humanity when regenerating. Kinda like a hint of the drawbacks of Abyssal blood.

If the powers are elderich in nature, perhaps more of them could have implied side effects and drawbacks in a "How much of your humanity would you sacrifice for power" kind of way. (And/or buying side effects to make a power cheaper)
Kinda like how dragon powers gives you a gold obsession, perhaps upgraded form change could make keeping a single form too long very uncomfortable, Scying and Psion might cause you to sometimes see wierd visions and thoughts, etc.
>>
Creator of
http://pastebin.com/JS5EBxia
here, sorry for the delay.

>>44455701
Good, get to reading it!
Everything below the "Notes on Karma" will be on its own page, and be a glossary of sorts. I'll be sure to put down something on the general world and stories, just for you.

>>44455928
I wasn't sure how to do magic, honestly.
I was thinking there would be a big list of types, and there would be one standardized cost for each seven levels for each type. 1 would be no ability, 2 would be parlor tricks, 3 is an apprentice wizard, and so on. Dragons would have a heavily restricted 6 in one type.
>>
>>44461798
grassland (145)
castle walls (130)
supernatural durability (125)
automated turrets (120)
self repairing (115)
Settlement of 1000 (100)
electricity and plumbing (90)
Mages (75)
College (60)
immortality (35)
no food, water or air (25)
elemental magic (10)

change species (0), demonic.
its okay but i need more points. so many things i want but can't have. but defense of my people is first priority.
>>
>>44462756
this is too raw / there isn't enough for me to comment on.
>>
File: Disney Waifu Too.jpg (2 MB, 1000x6930) Image search: [Google]
Disney Waifu Too.jpg
2 MB, 1000x6930
>>
>>44462970
Alright, any suggestions on what to work on next? So far, I'm mainly going to work on magic, Familiar/Demense/Implement rules, and fleshing out what I already have.
>>
>>44462984
>Scottish accent is a negative
might be because I'm a britfag, but I quite like Scottish accents.
>>
>>44462821
Current newest release at >>44462508
>>
>>44463000
No, nothing particular. You have very little, not enough for me to understand what you're trying to go for.
You need more of everything.
You say I get powers to reshape destiny and change humanity, there's no mention of that so far. Or a mention of how to slow them down.
A family heritage that is opposing demons would be nice.

who grants the power?
Why would I want a new life / what does that accomplish / why can't *I* get the powers? Basically, how to avoid That Guy crying

I like the religion/cult history.
But why would I want a backstory that's basically me/my family being corrupted, just helping the demons win?
Anons will whine that Survivor isn't complete immortality.
>>
>>44463096
The intro is evidently from an earlier version I forgot to save at some point or something; that line in the new version reads:
>But they haven't won yet.

Specifics about the demons are, at the moment, in the story itself. I'll try to summarize them in the glossary.

The power granter is indeterminate, and probably the world itself. I probably won't go into much more detail.

Demons aren't the only things that have cults, there are real religions behind gods like Bacchus, and probably at least one Wizard-of-Oz-style cult has sprung up around a Fae (they use glamours; belief-powered illusions).

And Survivor is basically what Blake had - he became an Other after supposedly getting erased from reality, and it's all that makes sense given the general mood of the source material.
>>
>>44462508

I really like this premise.
You are basically house sitting.

I also like that you don't lay it on too thick with the implications of eldritch horror related to the "nasties".

I like my CYOAs light on mad cackling telling me of my inevitable doom.
>>
>>44463032
They're pretty popular in America too, pretty much any accent not immediately associated with poverty tends to be. Probably has something to do with the American idea of Scotland being rolling green hills, fried food and Braveheart.
>>
>>44463263
The goddamn fools.
>>
>>44463263
Eh, it's not that bad. My great-granddad was Scottish, he was from a clan or something. He was pretty cool, I went to Scotland once with him, it's quite a pretty place. especially good for walking, which is my main pastime when I'm not being a faggot on the internet.
>>
>>44463055
>>44462508

oh thank god.

grassland (245)
Castle walls (235)
supernatural durability (230)
automated turrets (225)
Self repairing (220)
Settlement of 10,000 (200)
electricity and plumbing (190)
Townsfolk species- demonic (180)
townsfolk increased intelligence and strength (160)
Mages (145)
Portal (135)
College (125)
Workshop, high technology (100)
library, magical organization(85)
Immortality (75)
re-form in a week (55)
no need for food, water, air or sleep (45)
flight (30)
elemental magic (15)

form change- demonic (10)
super strength (0)

There, little more breathing room for my society of technological magic users. Not bad.
>>
>Scottish
>Not the most obscenely distasteful race of subhumans to plague this horrid Earth
>>
>>44462984
>No Megara
wew lad
>>
>>44463345

Scottish are master race along with the eternal Anglo and Aryan races. The Irish and Welsh are the subhumans.
>>
>>44462984
I choose Princess Leia.
>>
>>44462508
It might be a good idea to have the cult scale with the population instead of being at a fixed number. A cult of 200 for a population of 1000 is great, a cult of 200 for a population of 10,000 is tiny, a cult of 200 for a population of 1,000,000 is really not worth the trouble. You'd be better off just using Charisma to build one from the ground up.
>>
>>44463370
The Scottish are the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization.
>>
>>44463496

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yi9avfEKY
>>
>>44460361
Vertical format would be better but it looks interesting so far. Please finish it.
>>
>>44462508
Important question about the Tavern. Are the friendly interdimensional travelers other fa/tg/uys?
>>
>>44463726
Wouldn't that be nice? a place where we can meet each other and instead of arguing through computers, argue to each other's face
>>
>>44463771
>horrible hygiene
>buttcracks as far as the eyes can see
>grognards shouting over each other like petulant children
>whilst stuffing their faces with meat, grease and shitty watered down beer
>groping and/or hitting on every single exotic monstergirl/alien barmaid that comes by
>no coasters

No.
>>
>>44463878
>no coasters
how dare you imply that we wouldn't have coasters?
>>
grassland
lake
woodland
desert
coastline
highlands
artic
tavern
excellent food
settlement
townsfolk
honour guard
caverns
volcanic
biomechanical
tower
magical focus for your powers
barracks
super comfort
twelve suits of power armor
increase to 1,000 prople
electricity and plumbing
>>
>>44463901
What about the other points?
>>
>>44463878
For a moment there I didn't see the link and was sure you were referring to the Scottish
>>
>>44463924
While all points wouldn't be true for every customer, all of the other flaws would probably exist. I'd probably be guilty of points 4 and 5.
>>
>>44462508
Volcanic + Coastline =20

Estate
Castlewalls +all =25
Settlement +electricity plumbing =15
Hospital +supplies +high technological =30
Townsfolk +species +personality +Intelligence +strength +Age =50
Planar Affinity =10
Mages +100 =25
Automata =10
Workshop +Factory +AI =40
College +Eldritch =20

Total is 245

I'm not sure what a tower does, or the AI on it. I don't need gifts, or cult. Anyway, make my people like technology elves. I would've chosen more townsfolk, but this way all 100 are mages, so breeding them makes more mages. They're intelligent, strong, lewd and extremely attracted to me.

Meanwhile the factory keeps making automata and the walls repel any invaders. The techno-elves will breed and research technology, magic and eldritch to make any modifications to the technology. Planar affinity assures the volcanic provides a ton of energy and even new land.

We will live and thrive. Technology will protect and advance us, magic will supplement it and the numbers will grow!
>>
Repostan from last thread because I posted it right before it died.

Are people interested in CYOAs with stages?

Say you have a CYOA where you need to meet certain requirements to go on to the next image or section or whatever, and if you don't have those requirements, you "lose"?

For example, say you have a CYOA where you choose several items with benefits. These items have a "Power" rating. The items are balanced as such that some items have bad benefits but a high Power rating, and some have low Power but a great benefit. When you've picked your items, you have to have a certain total Power rating to proceed and pick more items from the next section.

Does that sound interesting and fun, or would people prefer a more freeform, less directed experience?
>>
>>44464116
Sound interesting to me, though I doubt most people here would like it.
>>
>>44463771
>bullying Angel in real life
yes
>>
>>44464116
You'd need to release each page slowly or That Guy will go through the whole thing, ignoring the whole point of it
>>
>>44464116
pls no
>>
>>44463878
>>buttcracks as far as the eyes can see
Better keep Sandra out of tavern
>>
>>44464286
That Guy will wait until it's all posted before making a build, obviously.
>>
>>44461798
>Terrain
Cavern [10] - Highly defensible, looks cool.
Woodland [10] - For when people want to see the sun and various wildlife.

>Estate
Settlement [5] - 100 people to enjoy life with. Electricity and plumbing can come later.
Townsfolk, Increased Intelligence [10] - Should make technological and magical progress go faster.
Mages, 100 Individuals [25] - No one gets to miss out on being a magician now that everyone is a magician.
Library, Books of Cosmic Knowledge [45] - Damn is this pricey, but knowledge is power.
College, Eldritch Studies Wing [25] - Accelerates growth of knowledge.
Portal, Indestructible [20] - As big as the demiplane is, I doubt it's as large as our universe. Eventually the time will come to expand.

I really wanted a few other things (Upgraded Workshop, Immortality, Eldritch Bride), but I like that this CYOA makes you prioritize what you pick. Overall pretty fun.
>>
>>44464116
Sounds interesting if you can do it well.
>>
>>44460685
Not sure if you're still listening but you have to build on your backstory. Companions are usually people and we want human connections from them, so they have to have a well-developed personality. What were they like before their backstory? What did their backstory do to them? Do they have any quirks or relations to other companions in your cyoa? Regrets? Boundless optimism? They should have flaws, yes, but since we aren't professional writers or anything, it's okay to understate them. Don't forget that flaws are often tied to strengths, it's a crucial element in making realistic characters

Good examples of well-developed characters are the small DLCs SDA's been doing recently and that one OC sample with the 8 girls (Ea, Paris, Momo) from the last thread.
>>
>>44464242
Ah, what I would give for a chance to sweep my love off her feet.
>>
>>44464320
Yes.
So he'll have to wait long.
While everyone else is busy having fun with the CYOA, he'll impatiently sit around, waiting for the full thing to be posted.
>>
>>44464333
Try the newer version >>44462508
>>
>>44464021
>elves
>breed
>>
>>44464021
>I don't need gifts
>refusing to take immortality for mere 10 points
top kek
>>
Planning on making a Cyoa, any ones you people want to see?
>>
File: 1451224617076.png (10 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1451224617076.png
10 KB, 387x429
>>44465299
Slice of life in a low magic victorian era setting. Maybe low conflict with other races or something along that.
>>
>>44465299
a medieval fantasy or High fanatsy CYOA, I feel that there are too many sci-fi CYOA
>>
>>44465299
The one you would most enjoy making.
>>
>>44462508

Terrain
>Woodland

Estate
>Tower (magical focus)
>Settlement (1,000 people)
>Townsfolk(change species, customize culture, increase strength/toughness)
>Planar Affinity
>Workshop
>Portal

Gifts
>Form Change
>Immortality (no needs, reform in a week)
>Elemental Magic
>Dragon
>Eldritch Bride

Eldritch Bride Gifts
>Immortality (no needs, reform in week)
>Scrying (recognize magical effects, extend range)
>Psion (create illusions)

Demiplane is giant magical forest crawling with monsters and eldritch abominations. Plane affinity so that it's always changing and forest animals are against the monsters. Have village of viking-ish amazons that have culture obsessed with hunting and slaying monsters, kind of like Norn in GW except amazons and not shapeshifters. I live in tower and am leader of the amazons because of powerful elemental magic that is strongest close to my tower and because I can turn into a dragon to fight off biggest monsters. Take form change so I can be blonde bombshell amazon instead of skinny short tomboy;_;. Waifi can see danger from far away and sense magic threats, and can message me from a distance if she needs to. We travel to Earth occasionally when things are calm to see how things are going, but don't really use powers unless we need to for some reason.

>>44464242

Why would you want to do that?

>>44464480

?!

>>44464021

What will you do when you cleared the place of eldritch horrors?
>>
>>44465299
you have no ideas, and you want to make a CYOA?
I tried that once.
Shit got bad.

Make a CYOA about being genderbent into being a dude and having to come to terms with having a dick.
>>
>>44465424
That sounds like a nightmare :0
>>
>>44465299

Something that hasn't been done to death.
>>
>>44465299
Don't make a cyoa to satisfy popular demand, make a cyoa that YOU want to do anon.

If you make a cyoa around a premise that you don't have a preference for or simply have no interest in, no matter how good the concept is, its going to be bogged down by that bias.

I've been on 4chan far to fucking long to hold any expectations whatsoever.
>>
>>44465412
Your writing is atrocious. It reads like a slow person wrote this.
>skinny
Read the fucking sticky
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>44465448
>:O
the amount of "become a girl" CYOA's is disgusting. It's always the same fucking thing, having a perfect little life because you have a fanny and not a dongle.
Being a girl has been glorified, which no doubt comes from one part anime and one part /tg/ and 4chan being filled with fat, unwashed men, crying about their shitty high school time, thinking "maybe if I was a pretty girl I'd finally get someone to care for me, and I totally won't fall into my old habits of shoveling cake down my throat again"
Someone will write >projecting
>>
>>44465545

>projecting
>>
>>44465545
>...and I totally won't fall into my old habits of shoveling cake down my throat again"

Christ in Heaven, this thing. 99% of this board, if they were magically transformed into the hypersexualized, model-like/cherubic little girl of their dreams would look the exact same but with less of a beard after ten months, tops.
>>
>>44465592

>implying I am not a moderately attractive guy
>implying I still don't want to be the little girl

pls
>>
File: Enough frog.jpg (15 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
Enough frog.jpg
15 KB, 600x384
>>44463878
>no coasters
A line has been crossed
>>44465448
and yet it isn't considered "a nightmare" when your dick is cut off and your body is filled with hormones.
Double standards.
>>
>>44462508

I'd add something about the monstrosities we'd be up against. Is my village a safe haven an everything around it infested? Are hoards going to attack? How viable are swordsman vs these things compared to well armed soldiers or mages? Ect
>>
>>44465545
I don't think it's that. I think it's more related to what society expects of young men vs what it expects of young women. For me, stereotypically masculine activities have no appeal but many things about living a female life attract me.
>>
>>44464317
Heard of her before, who is she?
>>
>>44465299
Husbandos.
>>
>>44465751

A slutty Santa elf. White haired. And heavily into anal. Sound familiar?
>>
>>44462508
I finished my thing, so I suppose I can spend the rest of my day getting abused by a tentacle monster. He's gotta offer me ice cream afterwards, though.

How do I become a mage? College says it helps mages, but the Mages option only affects the people, not me.
>Coastline 5
>Woodland 15
>Castle walls + durability + turrets 45
Seems like if the CYOA offers me turrets that I'd want to take them
>Tower + fly 70
Again, seems like a good idea. Only something that can fly / teleport / affects me in my sleep can attack me
>Tavern + excellent food 80
>Settlement + 1k 95
>Planar affinity 105
>Automatons 115
>Library 125
>College 135

>Immortality + no sustenance 155
I don't give a turd about immortality, but not having to eat or sleep is ridiculously good.
>Elemental magic 170
>Battlemaster 180
>Regeneration 200
>Resistance 220
>Legendary weapon 235
Sounds like a good idea what with these "horrors" that I still haven't seen any hints at
Muddafuggen powerarmour was appealing, but I'm not accepting an armor that could lock me inside from a voice in my head.

>Picking Eldritch Bride aka. Bitch will mindcontrol you, or Abyssal Blood aka. Will become horrible monster that needs killing
>Ever
Psychos...
>>
>>44465545

>Read the fucking sticky

I literally don't know why you said that.

Anyway, lots of guys imagine being a woman is easier for some reason. They kind of forget about periods, getting unwanted attention from guys, and the fact that there's social expectations for us too. That being said, I'm happy being a gril. I just wish I could be way hotter without getting more attention from guys or at least just have them be willing to accept I'm les without thinking I'm lying or getting all freaked out or anything.
>>
>>44465808
>I just wish I could be way hotter without getting more attention from guys

How about just telling them directly that you're a lesbian and you're not interested in them at all?

Or are you allergic to being assertive because it might hurt their super sensitive feelings?

Because as a guy I don't give a shit, I'll just pay more attention to the next girl I see.
>>
>>44465545
>one part /tg/ and 4chan being filled with fat, unwashed men
Dank meme senpai.

>It's always the same fucking thing, having a perfect little life because you have a fanny and not a dongle.
Do you seriously believe that most of those who choose "become a girl" believe that?
To me it's more like
>I've been male for 20 years, why not try being a girl? They're pretty hot.
>>
>>44465592
Preaching to the choir. Why would their lives change when their personality stays the same? Why would their habits be broken?
>>44465808
>I literally don't know why you said that.
You're crying about your weight. Unless you have a tapeworm (you don't) or a serious medical condition (you don't), that can be fixed very quickly by reading the sticky and eating more.

>periods
are why every build I've made in Newsflash Youre dead has involved the pleasant period.
And why anytime one of those CYOA's that offers me an option for getting knowledge on inserting tampons, figuring out bra sizing etc., I take it.
Well, I've only seen one do that, and anon claimed "it does nothing".
>>
>>44465094
I don't really see your issue.

>>44465273
Why would I have to do anything? Just not die, that's the key. Let everything else handle it. I have brilliant engineers, magicians and robots handling security. All I gotta do is breed and lead our people.

>>44465412
I don't know. Enjoy seeing my many children grow, I suppose. Look to expand eventually.
>>
>>44465545
>fanny

Is that what they call cunny where you live?
>>
>>44466016
Cunny is a small fanny
>>
>>44465859

>are you allergic to being assertive

Pretty much.

>>44465927

>anytime one of those CYOA's that offers me an option for getting knowledge on inserting tampons, figuring out bra sizing etc., I take it

I don't worry about that stuff in cyoas, cuz I figure those issues disappear when I become a magical being automatically lose period and gain levitating boobs;) No foot pain from shoes or hair problems either:D. I meant more like when guys imagine being a woman irl with no magic or anything, they still kind of forget about some of the stuff we deal with and imagine it'd be magically easier life.

>>44465957

Expand where? My demiplane is really very dangerous. You totally don't want to invade there!
>>
>>44466123
>cuz
>;)
>:D
please stop
Why would you believe, in this setting, you would lose your period, a basic function of your body?
I think I'd get used to wearing different shoes sooner than I would randomly leaking blood every month. Yes, I totally agree. That's my entire point.
>>
>>44466123

>I don't worry about that stuff in cyoas, cuz I figure those issues disappear when I become a magical being automatically lose period and gain levitating boobs;) No foot pain from shoes or hair problems either:D. I meant more like when guys imagine being a woman irl with no magic or anything, they still kind of forget about some of the stuff we deal with and imagine it'd be magically easier life.

That is why I only want to become a magical girl and not a normal girl. I have an intense desire to fight and be physically strong. As a guy I have no problem doing these things. I go to the gym and get into friendly bouts here and there. But if I became a girl who would not have magic it just does not work. But I identify mentally as a female. Luckily it does not matter to me at all in real life but my fantasy realm is always me as a magical girl.
>>
>>44464369
So here's a few companion backstories, how're they?

These are just the bare skeletons, they'll probably get fluffed up a bit later on.

A companion that had their family murdered in a war during their youth, leaving them highly aggressive to any potential threats to your party.

A companion that was a former soldier and wants nothing more than to settle down after the adventure, having had enough excitement for one lifetime.

A companion that was the youngest child among many, leaving them with an inferiority complex and a constant need to prove themselves.
>>
>>44466123
Invade? Oh goodness no. I would simply just find unoccupied land. But, even though the race is pretty smart and strong, I can see how it can get out of hand when they're immortal and strong breeders.
>>
>>44466123
>Expand where? My demiplane is really very dangerous. You totally don't want to invade there!
He meant to expand on his own demiplane. This CYOA is clearly not a multiplayer.
>>
File: BnT.jpg (168 KB, 900x1452) Image search: [Google]
BnT.jpg
168 KB, 900x1452
>>44460685
A mix of fatherhood and pedophilia.
>>
>>44466382
Love it, make them a little more nuanced and add some cute/annoying quirks and you're golden. Bonus points if you can tie their stories in with your lore.
>>
>>44466227

>Why would you believe, in this setting, you would lose your period, a basic function of your body?

Because magic.

>>44466234

That makes sense.

>>44466465
>>44466517

I see. RP never seems to work out with these anyways.
>>
>>44466839
I completely agree with this man. I'd adopt these two like the fist of an angry god.
>>
>>44461400
Which is why a lot of similar CYOA end up being "choose the option you like the least" instead of "choose the option you like the most"
>>
>>44466857
you've proven before that roleplaying when it comes to domains is a bad idea.
Or do you really want another dose of
>I invade her domain because I have x powers and y army
>nuhuh you totally fail because I have c powers and d army
>yahah
>nuhuh
?
>>
>>44466998

No. I still like discussion about builds though.
>>
>>44465927
>And why anytime one of those CYOA's that offers me an option for getting knowledge on inserting tampons, figuring out bra sizing etc., I take it.
You can learn these things in real life and skip that you know. It's not like being a woman involves some secret forbidden knowledge only they know.
>>
>>44466123
I'll help you lose your period, my love.
>>
File: 1451198855753.png (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451198855753.png
65 KB, 500x500
>>44467284
>It's not like being a woman involves some secret forbidden knowledge only they know.
Good boy. The womiz don't know anything you can't learn.
>>
>>44467284
>hey ma, how do I insert a tampon?
>You should know this already

>hey other girls, what soap should I use for my vagina?
>You should know this already / TMI

I'd prefer to skip having to remember when I period is. I'd prefer not bleeding over my pants. I'd prefer to know how to use vagina soap, how to apply make-up and how much I should use, how to use hair curlers, how to put in earrings, to know to sit with crossed legs and I can go on.
Any small thing any girl would have learnt growing up.

Anon, some women don't even fucking know how to be women. I sure as shit wouldn't either.
>>
>>44467477

There is such a thing as Google. You know there are makeup tutorials on YouTube? The world is full of girls who missed out on this stuff on account of a sheltered upbringing or religious traditionalism or whatever, and transsexuals who missed it on account of being men. Information that is common knowledge to half the population will not be hard to come by once it actually matters to you.
>>
>>44467477
Google it. You want to know how we learn that half that shit? It's not your mom is going to sit you down and give you advanced makeup tips.
>>
>>44467561
>>44467571
It's even easier than that, those things literally come with instructions
>>
>>44467571
you have had years, anon. I'm dumped into the body of a girl raging with hormones, I sure as shit want to know what's going on immediately.
I will not be That Girl that wears a white top with a black bra that doesn't fit, too much make-up, get lipstick on me teeth and have shit hair.
>>44467561
that is not my point. I'm arguing against "being a girl is literally the best thing ever" by saying there's a shitload of small things you wouldn't think of.
The average guy would not think "I need special soap for my vagina" or "I really need to make sure I washed all the make-up off or I'll clog up my pores, fucking my skin up" and wouldn't "just google it, bro".

All I'm saying is, if I *had* to be dumped into the body of a girl, I'd spend a point or whatever to know as much as a girl would.
That is my one point.
>>
>>44467632
That Girl is hot though.
>>
>>44467632
What's with you thinking women have secret rare knowledge men can't possibly learn or understand? You're like a fucking ancient norseman scared his wife is gonna curse him with Sedr for not making enough lutefisk.
>>
>>44460452

I actually liked that one.

>Body

>Tongues
>Health
>Paths

>Door

>Demon
Shenanigans!
>>
>>44467689
I don't think he means that women have knowledge that men CAN'T understand or whatever, just that it wouldn't necessarily be super easy to learn or even figure out there's something TO learn.
If you don't spend that point or whatever, you'll eventually figure everything out, I'm sure, but you'll almost certainly embarrass yourself pretty badly along the way. Depending on what sort of person you are, that may not be too much of a problem, or it may be a big one.
Or at least, that's my interpretation.
>>
>>44467794
>just that it wouldn't necessarily be super easy to learn
In the age of google it's incredibly easy.
>>
>>44467807
I taught myself visual basic in a day.

Thanks, Google.
>>
>>44467807
Yes, but that doesn't necessarily help you figure out the makeup thing that the other guy mentioned or whatever BEFORE you mess up. Because while you can just google the issue you wouldn't necessarily know that there is something that needs googling. You'll probably only mess up once or twice with each issue but that might be a 1-point type concern to you depending on who you are.
>>
>>44467853
But now he knows.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
>>44467676
>>44467689
you have still missed the point.
I say being a girl is glorified and too many here think life is easy and perfect as a girl, you say anything hard about being a girl can be googled.
>>
>>44467921
You did a poor job illustrating your point while missing the fact that fetishist fantasy doesn't care about what you have to say.
>>
>>44467794
>>44467853
yep. Head on. I'd like to avoid that embarrassment, and I may be alone. That's totally fine.
>>44467807
are you a girl? It's not about whether "teaching yourself to be a girl" is hard or not, the difference is between knowing shit intrinsically or not.
>>44467873
>he
Yes, anon, every guy who has ever picked the little girl option now knows to google "what soap should I use for my vagina". That is the single thing you need to know to be a girl.
>>
>>44467873
I'm not arguing with that. You'll learn all the sorts of stuff you need to know, it's just that it won't happen in one long night of googling about how to be a woman.
If you're okay with a little bit of embarrassment, that's legitimately a good/healthy thing. But some people, such as people who do 'you are the little girl' CYOAs on 4chan, may not be perfectly socially adjusted and as a consequence may be willing to spend a point to have a perfect wish-fufillment session with one less point and less social awkwardness at the start.
>>
>>44467967
People who do the little girl CYOAs are fetishists. They don't give a fuck about your autistic little 'realism' argument. That's the core of it. People who play CYOAs where they get to be a cool adventurer don't think about all the diarrhea or infected injuries, it's the same thing. Fantasy. If you're on /tg/ you should be able to get that.
>>
>>44467689
>men
>making the lure Fisk
Finn detected
>>
>>44468026
Aww fuck auto correct. I bet the Finns did this with their sedr
>>
>>44467994

>People who play CYOAs where they get to be a cool adventurer don't think about all the diarrhea or infected injuries

Some do anon. Some do.
>>
>>44467965
>"what soap should I use for my vagina"

I keep seeing you use this example. If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't think most women are as clean as you think they are. They use the same kind of soap outside as they do on the rest of their body, and cleaning inside doesn't happen very often as that can cause health issues. In fact I'm sure there are plenty of women that don't douche at all for that reason, until they notice or receive complaints of smell and such.
>>
>>44467994
There is a slight difference between the scale of being a cool dragonslayer or whatever and being a little girl. You are slightly more likely to worry about diarrhea in one than the other.
>>
>>44468061
Both are equally impossible.
>>
>>44468061

Yes. Just because girls don't poop.
>>
>>44468074

Go find a komodo dragon.

Kill it.

Now you're a dragon slayer.
>>
File: 1451510015192.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451510015192.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>44467853
Why would we need makeup when we'll be super cute? This is fantasy after all.
>>
File: Choice Game Abstract 2.png (214 KB, 872x1481) Image search: [Google]
Choice Game Abstract 2.png
214 KB, 872x1481
>>44467994
>>44468051
Always been an interesting study of that, in my opinion. If you get down to it most of these options are classical CYOA ones, just with the pros de-emphasized and a huge deal of attention given to the cons.
>>
>>44468094
The fuck did komodo dragons ever do to you?
>>
>>44468117

Hey man, I like them too. I'm just saying, if you want to be a dragon slayer for real, that's your ticket.
>>
>>44468139
If you want to do it that way you can just go to a pet store and toss a bearded dragon out of a window.
>>
>>44468139

>Hey man, I like them too.

You have never met one then.
>>
>>44468117
>>44468139
You can also kill certain high-ranking yakuza officials. Or, if you want to be really, really fucking archaic, technically you could kill any member of the Welsh royal family.
>>
>>44467718
aww, shucks. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to finish the Virus CYOA I worked on. If I do one thing, one point pool, people will spend them all on symptoms.
If I do another thing, two point pools, there's only three choices on the first page so you'll end up with a leftover points.
>>
>>44468164

>technically you could kill any member of the Welsh royal family.

Hell I would do that for free. Fuck the Welsh.
>>
>>44468164
>You could kill certain high-ranking yakuza officials
I'm sorry if the argument annoyed you but that's no reason to advise suicide.
>>
>>44468152

Also an option, but they're less impressive.

>>44468153

I'm fully aware that they're horrible assholes that you do not want to be physically near without some sort of barrier between you and them. Didn't stop me from wishing I had a few as guard dogs as a child. Some dreams are best left unfulfilled.

>>44468164

There are also dragons in the Klan.
>>
>>44468164
You could kill a high-ranking KKK member too. Hell if you start doing that you can kill wizards too.
>>
>>44468190

Try more options? Or smaller pools. Maybe three small point pools?

I have no idea. There's a reason I've never created my own cyoa. Good luck though.
>>
>>44468242
Depending on the exact translation, you could kill a middle-aged Chinese businessman who's in the habit of throwing money at pretty young prostitutes and kill a golden dragon.
>>
>>44468190
also, you literally proved my point.
There's no story, no plan for what you'll do, how your options will interact.
Just a fcuking "i pick a b and c"
>>44468247
>more options
There's only so much you can write about a virus
>genome
>capsid
>means of transmission
>symptoms of infection
is what I got.
>>
>neckbeards concerned about super secret female knowledge and daily grind realism in cyoas
>actual women just assume (reasonably) that their female issues are magicked away when they become wizardesses, goddesses or what have you
Is this autism? Do you make regular rolls for dysentery when you play D&D?
>>
>>44468482
Pretty sure he had women telling him to just google it if he cares too. I'm definitely voting autism on this.
>>
>>44468482

>Do you make regular rolls for dysentery when you play D&D?

Yes. Unless the players go out of their way talking about water treatment. What the fuck do you do?
>>
>>44468482
My friends and I've spent way too long trekking around India and Pakistan not to.
>>
>>44468508
My group doesn't worry about it. It would just bog things down. Plus we often have a wizard or cleric with us. We don't have >>44468644 experiences either.
>>
>>44467951
Sure, whatever. Congratulations, I concede.
You are right, being s girl is easy and anything you can't immediately figure out you can just google. Being dropped into a body of the opposite gender is no problem, and if I have magic I can just magic away a period and anything else that might be bad about being a girl.
>>
>>44469190
>Sure whatever. Congratulations, I concede.
>You are right, being an elf is easy and anything you can't immediately figure out you can just scry. Being dropped into a body of another race is no problem, and if I have magic I can just magic away my arrogance and anything else that might be bad about being an elf.
>>
>>44469190
I don't think you understand how this is supposed to work. When people say they want to be a little girl, they clearly mean the idealized 2D little girl from their chinese cartoons, and not a 3D girl from real life.
>>
File: 1401306216949.jpg (118 KB, 810x481) Image search: [Google]
1401306216949.jpg
118 KB, 810x481
Need some inspiration for my SD build.

People please post those builds people did with the pictures put together, also music why not.
>>
File: 1450740941863.jpg (883 KB, 1200x1010) Image search: [Google]
1450740941863.jpg
883 KB, 1200x1010
>>44469392
>>
File: 1450791182785.jpg (1022 KB, 1200x981) Image search: [Google]
1450791182785.jpg
1022 KB, 1200x981
>>44469442
>>
>>44469442
>>44469494
oshit nigga thanks.
>>
File: 1450845761468.png (2 MB, 1200x1898) Image search: [Google]
1450845761468.png
2 MB, 1200x1898
>>44469494
>>
Girls are cool

guys stink
>>
File: 1450894969925.png (1 MB, 1200x1900) Image search: [Google]
1450894969925.png
1 MB, 1200x1900
>>44469521
>>
File: 1450997352989.jpg (1 MB, 1900x2000) Image search: [Google]
1450997352989.jpg
1 MB, 1900x2000
>>44469565
>>
File: 1451015984441.png (609 KB, 1200x1260) Image search: [Google]
1451015984441.png
609 KB, 1200x1260
>>44469597
>>
>>44469565
>>44469521
So wait, are these two custom ones or ones SDA made?
>>
File: 1451377165114.png (2 MB, 1200x1201) Image search: [Google]
1451377165114.png
2 MB, 1200x1201
>>44469626

>>44469631
No, I think only the Cerberus one is by Sandra.

Silly Sandra, why only two ships, don't you know Cerberus is supposed to have three heads?
>>
>>44460512
Coming back to this, I could use some advice on complications. I've steered clear of those before, I find it hard to balance a drawback - those points really need to be worth it, and the drawback can't be too extreme either
>>
The god of chaos has granted me theses boons
>>
>>44469659
Neato!
>>
File: 1450734025774.jpg (378 KB, 1024x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450734025774.jpg
378 KB, 1024x1000
>>44469659
>>
you guys don't like long intro text, right? how much is too much?

four lines must be fine. how about ten, or thirty, where is the limit? assume I can write decently!
>>
>>44460557
Innkeeper - The Mud Pit
>Animal Companion - Perth the Pig
>Architect
>Potions
>Blessing of the Fair Folk
The Mentor.

Could be fun until Perth dies...
>>
>>44470158
some do like it, some don't

expect some twat to call your cyoa shit no matter what you do
>>
>>44465545
>Your writing is atrocious. It reads like a slow person wrote this.
Of course it does. Don't you know who you're replying to?
>>
File: swf.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2000) Image search: [Google]
swf.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2000
Someone wanted some lewds?
>>
>>44465545
>Read the fucking sticky
>Everyone is a fitness tard like me
>>
File: sfw2.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2000) Image search: [Google]
sfw2.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2000
>>44470421
>>
>>44465630
>and yet it isn't considered "a nightmare" when your dick is cut off and your body is filled with hormones.
I'll have you know that I've very extensively researched a... erm, a related genre of fiction, and I can safely say that a lot of people do consider it a nightmare.
>>
File: sfw3.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2000) Image search: [Google]
sfw3.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2000
>>44470447
>>
>>44470421
What do people do with lewd cyoas? Do you actually jerk off to them?
>>
>>44470489
the mind is the greatest erogenous zone
sometimes
>>
>>44470470
Do I want to know?
>>
>>44470489

To slut life? I have lost count. A few others here and there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.