[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBEG Final fights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Fire_mage_(close_up).png (880 KB, 500x789) Image search: [Google]
Fire_mage_(close_up).png
880 KB, 500x789
How do you handle your BBEG's final fight?

How do you think i should handle the final fight?
The BBEG in question is a heavy fire caster and has a immunity to fire damage as well as being a lover for golem augmentation
>>
>>44458763
My party would kill him with fire.
>>
>>44458763
We could use a little more context. What's the villain's goal? What setting will the players encounter him in?
>>
>>44460044
Its set in a world in which industrialization is set in progress as well as heavy elemental using.

The leader is the leadr of a crazed fanatic group called the Black Hand who focus on ruling the world as one power to prevent further conflict and to unite all other under one rule. They have a heavy unity with fire and fire elementals and such are master at pyromancy
>>
>>44458763
>>44462693
On a platform slowly sinking into elemental magma

He's not worried, he's immune to fire, but the party has a time limit
>>
>BBEG

What a fag.
>>
>>44462733
>inb4 they chain some heavy object to him and throw him off the edge, he drowns
>>
>>44462733
I was thinking maybe he could be lowering one of the PC's captured friends into the magma while he himself is surrounded by a friendly fire elemental.

And then maybe the big choice would be to ether save the friend but have the BBEG escape or kill off the BBEG but loss the friend
>>
>>44462812
>drowning
>in magma

How fucking dense can you be?
>>
>>44462733

With the BBEGs, I tend to break the rules a little and give them a secondary form or 'special effects'. When he dies, he plunges into the big foundry/magma...

AND THEN HE EMERGES AS A GIANT MAGMA GOLEM HELD TOGETHER BY HATE. He's fucking gigantic, and he basically rampages out of control. He has all the mechanical components inside him, and his heart is visibly pumping lava as his blood.
>>
>>44462733
Why wouldn't he just sink the platform immediately?
>>
>>44464065
don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>44458763
Have it a fight in stages, the villain gets two initiative counts per round for the first x hit points, then his statblock changes so he gets more damage per round
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.