[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
Chumps edition. Post your favorite value dorks and little guys to throw in your 99.
>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING:

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
File: ele-non.jpg (108 KB, 806x992) Image search: [Google]
ele-non.jpg
108 KB, 806x992
>>44455002
first for norn
>>
>>44455083
2nd for fuck cyclonic rift
>>
File: smokebraider.jpg (75 KB, 418x305) Image search: [Google]
smokebraider.jpg
75 KB, 418x305
>Post your favorite value dorks and little guys to throw in your 99

She's only in my Horde deck, but she'll always be my favorite dork.
>>
Check my work /tg/. Admire the heft and girth.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-12-15-big-black-deck/
>>
>You'll never pulls off a World Gorger Dragon followed by an Obliterate
>>
>>44455192
>big black deck
>Oloro in the command zone

Faaaaaag.
>>
File: waifu.png (171 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
171 KB, 265x370
Questions for the thread:

>What is the second best equipment after Skullclamp?
>What is the second best equipment after Skullclamp, disregarding Jitte, Swords, and Batterskull?
>What is your favorite lifegain spell that isn't mostly a lifegain spell? Think Path of Bravery, not Windbrisk Raptor.
>You're not in UGx and you can only have one: Solemn Simulacrum, Sword of the Animist, Burnished Hart. Why did you choose what you chose?
>You can remove a card from the banlist. Which? Why?
>You can add a card to the banlist that isn't Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Deadeye Navigator, or Prophet of Kruphix. Which? Why?

Story prompts:

>When did you topdeck a win? Was it clutch as fuck?
>When did your opponent topdeck a win? How brutally were you about to win?
>Anything* to do with Wild Ricochet. *Time Stretch doesn't count.
>"The last time I played EDH with more than four people..."
>>
>>44455235
Go to bed Seth.
>>
>>44455297
That's not my name and you're still a faggot.
>>
File: durdling around.jpg (370 KB, 569x615) Image search: [Google]
durdling around.jpg
370 KB, 569x615
This is my strategy to not get Beast Within'd

>Playing EDH one day
>Get Beast Within'd
>Start singing Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
>Never get Beast Within again

And that's how I beat Beast Within
>>
>>44455256
Sword of protection and value
>What is the second best equipment after Skullclamp, disregarding Jitte, Swords, and Batterskull?
assault suit lmao
>What is your favorite lifegain spell that isn't mostly a lifegain spell? Think Path of Bravery, not Windbrisk Raptor.
shamanic revelation.
>You're not in UGx and you can only have one: Solemn Simulacrum, Sword of the Animist, Burnished Hart. Why did you choose what you chose?
Sad robot.
sundering titan. why the fuck not? he's fucking small time compared to shit like worldfire "abloo bloo my 8 year old cousin had some feel bads ban thing :("
>You can add a card to the banlist that isn't Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Deadeye Navigator, or Prophet of Kruphix. Which? Why?
prob sol ring
>>
>>44455192
Such a waste.
>>
>>44455464
Who would you use?
>>
>>44455256
Trailblazer's Boots or Infiltration Lens
See above
Path of Bravery
Sword of the Animist bcuz shit keeps ramping unlike SS and BH
Tinker bcuz I wanna Tinker into Blightsteel Colossus like the faggot I am
There's not a single card I'd add to the banlist
>>
>>44455492
Chainer, Xiahou Dun, Erebos, Geth...
>>
>>44455492
Not that anon, but
Xiahou Dun.
>>
>>44455256
Whispersilk

>What is your favorite lifegain spell that isn't mostly a lifegain spell?
Sphinx's Rev

Sad Robot, 3 for 1 is p good value.

PRIME TIME DINDU NUFFIN.

>>You can add a card to the banlist that isn't Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Deadeye Navigator, or Prophet of Kruphix. Which? Why?
Nothing in particular.
>>
>package of tons of stuff for a new deck comes in mail
>go to put deck together
>can't find my thran dynamo
>I know I have one
>search through my collection twice looking for it
>still can't fucking find it
>no reaction image because on phone
>>
>>44455586
It's just one card anon, you can make a sub until you find it
>>
>>44455617
I know, I'm just pissed about the whole thing
>>
File: doyouevenwearajacket.png (390 KB, 524x548) Image search: [Google]
doyouevenwearajacket.png
390 KB, 524x548
>>44455192
>27 black permanents
>no Gary
>>
File: pox.jpg (27 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
pox.jpg
27 KB, 200x285
>>44455256
Last time I played was with 6 other guys and normally its 3 or 4. Shit took forever. But we where also smoking pot so maybe thats why as well. And then he poxed not once but fucking twice. I still fucking won with Sensies top, into a stoneforger mystic. And played politics until I won with that.
We also conviced the guy to remove pox since he is new to magic and he would know how to win as soon as he played it.

Why is there such a overlap with weed smokers and magic players? Everyone that I know that plays magic also smokes weed. Is that just because weed just appeals to almost everyone, or its just weed is that prevalent where I live. Also does anyone else almost exclusively plays edh with only their friends? I love talking shit, and making fun of their shitplays.
>>
>>44455702
honestly everyone i know that smokes a lot of pot is really fucking annoying so I avoid those people. never smoked myself. would rather blow money on cardboard crack.

and generally EDH groups are among friends since it's a fairly casual format.
>>
>>44455702

Who else would you play EDH with?

Also weed is a child's drug
>>
>>44455790
No I understand. Stoner "culture" is annoying. In my first college semester I had to hang out with some of those guys and all they talked about was weed this and weed that.
>>
>>44455816
In my local LGS they have a edh mounthly league. winner gets a expansive land and runner up gets a not so expansive land. Thinking of going, with some friends and rigging the fuck out of it. Apparently there really casual so might not be to hard.
>>
>>44455641
Exsanquinate is more reliable.
>>
File: rc229_1_k1vjwus73x.jpg (79 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
rc229_1_k1vjwus73x.jpg
79 KB, 620x400
>>44455383
Aurelia is my first commander deck I ever made and the most pimped out.

On the topic of your post, thank you for the idea.
>>
>>44455884
Don't rig it you cockgobbler just play the damn game
>>
File: Hymn to Tourach.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Hymn to Tourach.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>44455256
Jitte but sword of untap lands is a close 2nd
Lightning Greaves
Absorb
Depends on the deck, but solemn is hard to pass up
FREE BLACK BRAIDS! Because she's my Stax-fu
Cyclonic Rift because fuck that shit
>>
>>44455256
1. Sword of Feast And Famine, it has arguably one of the most relevant protection color pairs for getting through/removal, and can basically net you another half a turn if you get through, not to mention the fact it is piece for many infinite attack combo's.

2.Masterwork of ingenuity so I can copy my sword or clamp or gite :P, all seriousness probably boots/greaves.

3. Does Exsanguinate count? if not then probably Karlov

4. Solemn, because he covers both ramp and card draw and If I'm not in U or G I'm probably hurting for both.

5. Painters Servant, it's a really innocuous card that really only got banned because of mill-stone which is a pretty weak combo IMO, at least compared to some of the other combo that are considered by the community to be fair, considering just having Kozilek or Ulamog in your deck makes the combo mostly useless, were as Leyline of the Void + Helm doesn't give 2 fucks what you have and is harder to disrupt.

5.I'm starting to wonder if cyclonic rift is just too OP. Almost every time I've cast it has almost single handly either saved me from a narrow loss, or has removed the last bit of hope my opponents have had.
Actually you know what fuck it, ban time stretch, I don't even care if the card is that broken, It's soooo fucking boring to watch some chucklefuck who think he's soooo good because he go to copy timestretch 3 times sloooooowlly try and figure if he can go infinite or not.
>>
File: 135.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
I want to build a janky deck around Tibor and Lumia and call it the High-Flying Circus because they look like clowns. Any tips?

Already got Basilisk Collar, Charisma, Archetype of Imagination, and Wonder in my list. I didn't see Dismiss Into Dream on EDHrec which seems like a good fit next to Willbreaker.

I haven't played UR before, so how do I deal with enchantments? Chaos Warp, Cyclonic Rift, Steel Hellkite, what else?

>>44455702
My stoner friends introduced me to the game, but that was years ago and they've stopped playing and I've (mostly) stopped smoking. I dunno, my current playgroup likes to drink alcohol and talk shit. I guess two fun things are better than one fun thing?
>>
File: hedoesntwearajacket.png (335 KB, 488x509) Image search: [Google]
hedoesntwearajacket.png
335 KB, 488x509
>>44455900
>not playing both when the deck is running most of the pay life for draw cards
>caving and running Oloro rather than actually working within the confines of the color

It's shit, anon.
>>
>>44455998
>tfw some of my friends got me into magic
>tfw they blame me for getting them out of it

Fuck you guys, how does me buying gisela and haveing mark of mutiny and cloud shift combo in a janky ass human tribal deck take you out of the game? Playing intro decks only was starting to get boring. Luckily all my other friends got a bit less fucking casual.
>>
>>44456007
But Grey Merchant has a wimpy body. It doesn't draw me cards, tutor, or kill something when it comes into play. I'm not guaranteed to have a lot of colored permanents either.
>>
Question for you guys:

Which of your decks was hardest to build? Not financially or locating cards, but rather which idea did you have to work on the most to make it work?

I put a lot of effort into making my decks strong and hold to a theme without being too strong for my meta or reliant on unfun mechanics or combo.
>>
>>44456259
>Grey Merchant has a wimpy body. It doesn't draw me cards, tutor, or kill something when it comes into play.
That doesn't seem right; he's killed a lot of opponents in my experience.
>>
File: god of passage.jpg (639 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
god of passage.jpg
639 KB, 1280x960
Need some help, I really want to make a Aethros deck but I have no idea how to.I wanna go for politics.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atheres-politics/
>>
>>44456259
It's a drain on a body, and you have more than enough black permanents to make it worthwhile. I'd sure as fuck run it over Liliana's Reaver.
>>
File: 635851151855853665.png (334 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
635851151855853665.png
334 KB, 400x560
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-eternal-pilgrim-cleric-tribal/

I need some help trimming this Ayli list. I can't figure out which cards to cut and it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>44456313
I cant see him draining for more than 8-10. I'm trying to kill, not wound.
>>
>>44456378
>I'm trying to kill, not wound
Yet you're running shit like Reaver, Pharoh and Obliterator.
>>
>superfriends just got a new staple
Damn it, I hated that deck already.
Just stop it already, WotC.
>>
>>44456378
You might need to sac and reanimate him 3 or 4 times to get the kill, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're running black.
>>
>>44456332
Cut:
Edgewalker - not enough of a Cleric Tribal deck for this
Rotlung Reanimator - same
Skirsdag High Priest
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts - No Mercy effects sound good on paper but at times can actually be detrimental. You've just turned yourself into a sac outlet for the Marchesa player.

Otherwise seems good. Ob Nixilis might be cut-worthy, he's basically a worse Phyrexian Arena.
>>
>>44456470
I agree with your suggestions, so thank you but why should I remove Skirsdag? I am think I will be able to morbid all the time with him. Ob nix, I like him, or atleast on paper since have not played him yet. He can do something that arena cant and thats remove creatures. Removal is always good. Do you have any particular recommendations to add in for those cards that I should remove? I am think for sure Alyi when she comes out. Any other wrath effects I am missing?
>>
>>44456465
Fair enough.
>>
>>44456282
It's going to sound weird but i was making a casual R/B reanimator deck to play with my friends i didn't realize that in their meta targeted removal, steal effects, mass removal, and grave pact effects run rampant. Also god forbid if you run a counterspell of any kind they all about shit themselves because blue is op.
>>
>>44456570
Too much work just to create a 5/5 Demon. If you want to go wide in EDH you want to be fast about it. Run Abhorrent Overlord instead.

I left out replacement suggestions because typically most people need cuts, not additions. I would suggest Staff of Nin, as I've found it to be a very useful card that provides good colorless card draw (though in Black your draw is fine already).

For Wraths I like things that don't "destroy" and therefore get around indestructible. All is Dust, Terminus, Hallowed Burial, and Final Judgment are pretty great.
>>
>>44456659
Ok I see your point with him. and while I would normaly agree with you on the wraiths, I would feel I would mainly want destroy wraths so I could trigger Athreos' ability.
>>
>>44455256
Not copying the questions down.

Sword of feast and famine

Swiftfoot boots

Primal command

Depends on the deck, but probably solemn simulacrum

Braids, she's not as bad as some other stax commanders out there and I don't think she'd have any incredibly broken interactions aside from maybe meren.

Hermit druid needs to go. "But I'm just using it to mill myself a little bit, not to combo". Then you can run dredge cards instead.
>>
File: disgusting tranny.jpg (183 KB, 632x876) Image search: [Google]
disgusting tranny.jpg
183 KB, 632x876
>>44456863
Wrong thread m8
>>
>>44456863
>still at it
You get points for persistence at least. Looks like I'm gonna have to add the word combo ""SJWs", "poseurs" and "normies"" to my filter list.
>>
Alright guys how op/fun is playing Sidisi/taisugr. And how much fun is it for my opponents?
>>
Funniest/Most chaotic commander deck?
>>
>>44457053
Really depends on how you build the deck, anon. Though I should mention that Tasigur is always obnoxious, not because he's tough to deal with, but because his ability always slows shit to a crawl.

>>44457089
Fuck off.
>>
>>44457133
how rude
>>
>>44457089
Jhoira
>>
>>44457153
>how rude
>chaos.dek in a nutshell
>>
File: foot fags.jpg (112 KB, 722x1000) Image search: [Google]
foot fags.jpg
112 KB, 722x1000
>>44457133
His ability doest sound to bad. Chose player. They chose what card you get.
>>
>>44455256
the last time I played with more than 4 people...
>5c enchantment fag gets down humility + night of soul's betrayal and turns the game into pointless bullshit for like, 10 turns
>NOBODY AT THE TABLE IN A 6 MAN GAME HAD ENCHANTMENT REMOVAL????
>I had a creature equipped with sword of body and mind before hand so it's not dead
>keep whacking humility fag with it as punishment
>he cries about how I keep milling his win cons
>someone finally manages to get rid of humility + soul's betrayal
>finally get to cast my commander, zurgo
>5c enchantment fag casts possibility storm as his last "fuck you" to the table
>I cast wear // tear targeting possibility storm
>it exiles, flipping rush of blood off the top of my deck
>give zurgo double strike with sunhome and 1HKO that fag
>rafiq gets villainous wealth'd for 30 by mimeoplasm, who built up mana w/ kruphix.
>rafiq scoops in response because he's a walking salt mine
>GAAIV gets bored of trying to recast GAAIV because I have constant board wipes, he scoops because he's not having fun
>oona literally done nothing all game, continues to do nothing
>I drop sun's champion elspeth, wipe board again and really fuck over mimeoplasm dude because he thought I was out of board wipes
>some fag over my shoulder mentions I have jokulhaups in my hand, mimeoplasm tutors for jace's archivist, plays it, equips greaves and makes me discard it
>I draw into worldslayer, lel
>mimeoplasm scoops because he says he's too tired to deal with this bullshit any longer
>oona scoops because he doesn't want to 1v1 zurgo w/ a favorable board
>everyone agrees we never do 6 man EDH again.
>>
File: white gets draw now.png (51 KB, 758x614) Image search: [Google]
white gets draw now.png
51 KB, 758x614
>>44455002

>Maro: White might be able to have draw now

What is happening? Did I step into a door to the twilight zone?
>>
>>44457205
Yah, and everyone has to wait for the player to choose. It annoying for the same reason Fact or Fiction is annoying, everyone has to sit there and wait for anon to decide which card/s are the least threatening to him. Deciding what card you want is breeze and would be determined before your turn even starts, but deciding what your opponent may or may not want can sometimes take forever. Having an ability that forces opponents to sit there and pick through your GY assessing threats and waiting for them to finish is just irritating.
>>
>>44457307
Alright I see your reasoning. I just really wanna play treasure cruise and dredge to be honest.
>>
>>44457236
are you retarded? did you even read what you posted? it has super highly specific, inflexible draw that fits in a single deck archetype. white's not "getting draw" a single type of deck in one color gets a chance at draw.
>>
>>44457213
>only one person us actually killed
>everyone else grows increasingly bored/frustrated and scoops
Yeah, sounds about right.
>>
>>44457456
>a single type of deck in one color gets a chance at draw
Maybe you should reread what he posted. Acorrding to MaRo here, white gets draw, but it's extremely focused draw. IF they stick with that design focus then white token decks could get draw, white ~tribe~ decks could get draw, white power +/- X could get draw, white aura decks could get draw(they already have it but you get the idea by now I hope). That's white getting draw. Military Intelligence is a white draw card if I've ever seen one, and if they choose to follow this path going forward then hopefully the designers will one day agree. Windbrisk Heights is already pretty damned close
>>
pls
>>
>>44457778
Anon, please, you're drunk.
>>
>>44457778

What if Miku played EDH
>>
>>44456357
Anyone?
>>
>>44458066
>Anyone?

No, cutting cards is misery, and what does misery love?
>>
>>44458118
FEET!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zzg3UP-x8k
>>
File: 1441925902776.jpg (46 KB, 455x427) Image search: [Google]
1441925902776.jpg
46 KB, 455x427
>>44458131
You cheeky fuck.
>>
>>44455534
You know i've had much better luck with OG Daxos with a Mask of Memory instead of Infiltration Lens then again i usually have swords slapped onto him
>>
>>44458241
Mask + lens in general is a great combo. They
either let your dude hit through and you get to do some selective card draw or they block and you plus some cards off it.
>>
>>44458066
>I need some help trimming this Ayli list
Just for you, fellow husband of our laifu.

Soul Sisters
Nova Cleric
Weathered Wayfarer
Bloodchief Ascension
Misery Charm is terrible
Viridian Longbow is cute but not worth the tempo loss after Ayli dies. I had it in my list, too.
Leonin Elder is beyond terrible.

Auriok Champion costs $30 and might gain you 7 life.
Disciple of Griselbrand iS YOUR COMMANDER
Luminarch Ascension says "Kill me! Kill me!" even more than your commander.
Shaman en-Kor makes me wonder why you have so many bad cards
Suture Priest makes me sad
Thalia is political suicide on top of being suboptimal for your deck.
Thornbite Staff is like Viridian Longbow but slightly better. Unfortunately, much larger tempo hit.

Glowrider is Thalia, but a cleric. Might be worth keeping.
Immortal Servitude might get you two creatures.
Mind Slash makes me wonder where your token makers are. Nowhere? Leave it out.
Preacher won't get you anything. Ever. If they only have one creature, they'll wait until they have two.
Pristine Talisman wants everyone to stop putting it in lists.
Angelic Accord is so bad. Ayli is your best lifegainer so far and you're putting in work if she gets you four a turn. Enough work to win the game!

Ranger of Eos is as good as your best one drops. Your best one drops are a 6/6 lifelink beatstick and Mother of Runes. I won't advise you to cut Ranger, but I will suggest you ask how often those two are useful.

Felidar Sovereign isn't bad, but there are only three options with it.
>It doesn't win you the game.
>It wins you the game when you probably would have won anyway.
>It wins you the game, and all of your friends talk about how you didn't deserve that win behind your back.
>>
>>44458066
You're running 6 wrath effects in a deck with an ass ton of creatures. Ancestor's Prophet feels weak, you already have so much life gain. Angelic Accord just feels like a worse Ascension. Uh, mind slash I guess. I don't know man, cutting cards is hard.
>>
File: 1422660625616.jpg (38 KB, 251x243) Image search: [Google]
1422660625616.jpg
38 KB, 251x243
>>44458540
>Auriok Champion costs $30
For what fucking reason?
>>
>>44458645
>>>44
I'm not sure what happened there
>>
Making a Mayael deck just so I can have a fun, beefy deck. But question, when you use Mayael's ability to play a creature, does it count as 'casting' the creature? Also what some good cards
>>
>>44458645
Secretly it was me. I'm the one paying $30 for a soul sister.

>>44458731
Doesn't count as casting. I recommend Rings of Brighthearth and Illusionists Bracers.
>>
>>44456596
My group is cool because there are no real spikes. Two johnnys, two Melvins, a Timmy and one guy that just plays whatever. Basically, if you get so sucked into the game you can't carry on a conversation or treat the table like your 'opponents' then it's not for you.

3-6 player games that actually end up being pretty close and where each player is threatening. Such a nice thing is pretty easy to fuck up, for instance Narset combo.
>>
>>44458540
First of, let me start off by saying thanks anon.

Should I really trim the Soul Sisters? They seem like a great way to gain life early on with 1-drops and are Clerics. Am I overestimating them? I'm sort of afraid that I won't have enough lifegain to stay at 50 life.

I cut out almost all the spot removal since my commander is a 2-drop and does the same thing. No reason to be redundant.

Should I put in Land Tax?

I am running Shaman en-Kor for the Daru Spiritualist infinite. I'm still feeling iffy on it, I'll admit. If I cut it should I keep the Spiritualist?

Is there anything that gets me the Deathtouch pings that Viridian Longbow/Thornbite Staff would give?

I'm going to go ahead and make some of the changes you listed, but I'm still afraid I won't have enough life. Also, with such a low mana curve 36 land is fine, right?
>>
>>44458886
Not that anon, but land tax is a given. Soul sisters are fine but lifelink effects are going to give you the ability to get to 50 when you need to do so.

I would recommend batterskull and Archangel of Thune to that end. Restoration Angel helps you recover when down. Bitterblossom works against you but gives you a sac target every turn. Propagate is nice also.
>>
File: toshiroSplash.jpg (55 KB, 620x383) Image search: [Google]
toshiroSplash.jpg
55 KB, 620x383
So how good is tosh in multiplayer edh? And how fun is he?
>>
>>44458886
I am unusually insistent on running 38 lands with myself, and that usually works out. It's always tempting to cut lands for more spells though.

>Should I really trim the Soul Sisters?
Imagine topdecking them turn four. Have you stopped shrieking? Great! Cut 'em.

>Something about spot removal
If you want to run Viridian Longbow and Thornbite Staff, do it. They're awesome when they work; I just cut them from my list because I didn't like the tempo hit.

>Should I put in Land Tax?
To paraphrase some anon from threads and threads ago, Land Tax is shit. (Put it in if you want more card draw)

>Daru Spiritualist infinite
I don't remember any tutors in your list. It's horrible to get those either of those cards on their own.

>Deathtouch pings [that aren't the equipment]
Nope! See above.

Also for no particular reason, especially since my Ayli is nothing like yours, here's my list.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/come-on-ayli/

I should note, also, that Ayli having deathtouch and coming down quickly deters a lot of attacks. In my playtests (against myself), creatures have too much utility to risk attacking into a deathtouch blocker. It's like having a Typhoid Rat in the command zone! Your meta is different from mine, though.
>>
File: 2.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>44459060
Oh hey, I was wrong! Secret tech, but maybe worse than Viridian Longbow.
>>
>>44458764
I understand Brighthearth but why Illusionist's Bracers?
>>
>>44459130
Because it does effectively the same thing as Brighthearth?
>>
>>44457133
>>44457205
>>44457307
Can confirm all of this, I play a Tasigur deck. Shit takes ages.
>>
>>44459149
That's unfortunate, I'm in the process of building a political Tasigur deck. It doesn't bog the game down to chaos.dec levels, right?
>>
>>44459060
Wow, your list seems pretty tight. Almost makes me want to totally throw out my own deck.

Just curious, do you usually manage to sit at 50 life pretty comfortably?
>>
>>44459144
But it does nothing for Mayael since her ability cost mana
>>
>>44455192
>black
Oloro isn't black, try again.
>>
>>44459272
It copies activated abilities (like Mayael), just not mana abilities (think Elvish Mystic).
>>
>>44459249
This has been one of my favorite decks to brew because of all the challenges in doing it right. Get to fifty, stay at fifty, have creatures to sacrifice, make it worth it, avoid board clear blowouts, discourage attacks sufficiently, have non-Ayli removal...

The deck shits out blockers, though. Fifty life isn't a "definitely," but it's one hell of a "possibly."

thanks for the compliment
>>
>>44459339
Given that, was my choice to pull the spot removal such as Vindicate, Path, Swords, etc. a reasonable one? Normally I would run it but I kept thinking about how dead they'd be if I already had Ayli out.

Also fuck you for putting Come on Eileen into my head
>>
>>44455702
My esh group is about 10 people and you better believe we smoke weed. i just played the craziest 2v2v2 a few days ago.
>>
>>44459298
Ohhhhh. That makes so much more sense haha. Thanks for clearing that up, literally got like 6 sitting in my artifact pile collecting dust cause I always assumed it meant if the ability cost mana to activate
>>
>>44455998
Add Crown of Flames to your Tibor and Lumia.
>>
>>44459369
Even without the tuck rule, it's dangerous to rely too much on your commander. Ayli goes beyond that though, since her removal is based on something your opponents can (and will try to) change.

Your list has got more lifegain than mine, though. If you always have creatures to sacrifice and a 50+ life total, your opponents stand no chance against the onslaught of Utter Ends.

Sing the song whenever you cast your commander. Moral victories enable practical ones.
>>
>>44456282
Horde of Notions.
> Elementals have high casting cost
> Need a lot of fixing
> Elementals' effects are not that strong to end a game.
>>
>>44459418
Okay, so I shuffled some stuff around. What do you think?
>>
>>44459588
Forgot to link. I wasn't trying to be lazy.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-eternal-pilgrim-cleric-tribal
>>
>bought that green-black premade deck to get into EDH
>realize i have nobody to play with
fuck
>>
>>44459650
When I first started
>friends are always talking about mtg
>have a intropack level game to get rules down
>become extremely interested and dive straight in
>buy cards off facebook, boosters on sale buy all random sets, born of the gods fatpack
>accumulate over 1500 cards in a couple weeks
>not a single mythic pull from EVERYTHING
>buy a couple key cards from eBay
>make a couple decks, few edh decks
>rock up at gaming club
>"hey guys wanna d-d-d-d-duel?"
>"nah we dont play mtg anymore its too boring and too much of a money sink"
>>
>>44455002
Nightscape familiar for grixis. Ive had the fucker live entire games because of his regenerate and -2 generic mana for ur spells is no joke when thats commander tax
>>
>>44459969
If a spell is both blue and red, you pay {1} less, not {2} less.
-Gatherer
>>
>>44460016
ur means blue red anon
>>
>>44459969
>Nightscape familiar
it only gets 1 less if it's both blue and red. it even says so on the gatherer
>>
>>44460031
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>44460061
>>44460041
i have never been stopped about this even by judges. wierd
>>
>>44460089
For it to work the way you want it, it should have been formatted as "Blue spells you control cost 1 less. Red spells you control cost 1 less." or similarly.
The ~scape familiars are hella nice though, no denying.
>>
>>44460111
Im not gunna dump the card for 1 cmc because like i said its fucking resilent and makes like hell for people trying to chump me out without trample
>>
>>44460124
I've got him in my Nekusar deck, Stormscape for my Ertai deck and Sunscape is going in my Roon deck. They're like the medallion cycle, except they hit more colors. Nightscape is easily my favorite, cause like you say, the regenerate is just too good.
>>
>>44455256
Jitte.
Lightning Greaves, probably.
Exsanguinate or Sphinx's Revelation.
Sad Robot, because I like cards, dammit.
Braids, because fuck you that's why.
Nothing really comes to mind, so nothing it is.
>>
>>44456282
Morph Tribal with Ixidor, Reality Sculptor. I'm still working on it to make it viable in my tryhard meta, but apart from turning guys sideways there's not really any way to win.
>>
>>44460464
Hes a better goblin electromancer in every way, even dodges black kill spells just because of his color for a better cost. I may be retarded but that shits still good.
>>
>>44455256
Lightning Greaves. I can't think of a single deck I don't put them in.

Solemn Simulacrum.

Braids. Banned as a commander? Yeah, I get it. Banned in the 99? Retarded.

Iona, Shield of Emeria.
>>
>>44455256
CONSECRATED

SPHINX

BECAUSE DEGENERATE PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>44457213
I feel like every group has at least one session where they do "big shitfest game," and then it never happens again.

My group did 2-Headed Dragon once. ONCE.

It's like 2HG, only the 4 players are each playing 2 decks. So 8 decks on the table. You can imagine how that went.
>>
>>44461036
We did archenemy EDH once. Planechase EDH happens every now and then, you just have to make sure you don't start on a couple of planes like Naya.
>>
>>44461048
I read on here about Enchant-O-Rama, which sounds fun as shit.

>get a bunch of non-Auras in a pile, like 40
>flip the first one, it affects everyone
>so like Sigil of the Empty Throne makes the "you" the active player on each turn
>if you want to flip for a new one, you and anyone else can pay the CMC to flip
>flips are vetoed by any combination of players paying twice the CMC

It sounds mad fun, just have to be mindful of picking decent enchantments and not asshole ones like Lich
>>
>>44461076
The problem with things like that is they always benefit one player more than others.
>>
>>44458999
Only use your spells to trim the hedges and go for your wincon. You're basically packing twice as much removal than the entire board combined, and then can double up on it whenever something dies.

I'd probably build him with a swords package, the Lashes, and add in every generic mono B win con. You'd be surprised how much damage you can rack up when your target lacks any blockers.

Alternatively, take every reanimator spell and just steal shit from graveyards after you kill their dudes. Most of them you can even flash back. Chainer and Ink-eyes do a lot of work in that respect.

And don't forget your Infernal Darkness. Best worst card art and effect for 1.50 ever.
>>
>>44461092
They can. Which is why you coalesce with players to get rid of an enchantment that's hosing a couple of you.
>>
>>44459149
Can you post your decklist please?

In fact can anyone post their Sidisi or Taisigur decklist?
>>
>>44459375
Jesus 10 man EDH?! How long do the games last?
>>
>>44461126
Alright thanks anon. Ill look up some mono black win cons since I never played Mono black
>>
To all Athreos players, will you guys be added in Alyi, eternal pilgrim when she comes out?
>>
>>44461268
Remember his ability only works on instants. I've accidentally flashed back a Demonic Tutor more times than I'd like to admit.

In that respect, I'm not entirely sure there are any instant tutors off the top of my head. You'll probably want them depending on how competitive you are.

Cabaltron + Exsanguinate, Sanguine bond combo, Tainted Strike (goes into every black deck :^) ) + a Lash equip are the things that just come to mind fo win cons. Could also add something like Bitterblossom + Contaminate, but that's going into Stax territory.

And put in Infernal Darkness. Shit is like a black Time Walk for not much investment.
>>
Is there any way in mono red to change a creature you control's creature type, even for a single turn? I want to make Kiki-Jiki a Goat so I can combo off with Goatnapper in mono red goblins.
>>
>>44461553
Blades of Veles Vale. But to what end?
>>
>>44461553
Now I'm curious as to what you have planned with a Goat Goblin
>>
>>44459375
>My esh group is about 10 people
That sounds like hell. My group is half that size and our games take forever
>>
>>44461586
>>44461603
Infinite tokens for Last Ditch Effort? Or Warstorm Surge? Or something like it, probably.
Seems janky, but fun.
>>
>>44461553
You're looking for Blades of Velis Vel.
>>
I'm pretty new to Magic and I got invited into an EDH group. I'm probably gonna get the Daxos precon from 2015, but I really want to build Angels. I just have a couple questions: Is Angels good in EDH, and can I build it for ~$150 or less?
>>
>>44461810
Sorry mate, but angel tribal is shit in EDH. There really is no synergy. I too would love angel tribal since its my favorite tribe. Hopefully shadows of innastrid would give me a good commander for such a deck.

And also one for human tribal since thats my second favorite tribal. its good in 60card but sucks in edh.

If you like angel you should think about getting FtV: Angels.
>>
>>44461586
I knew there was a card but I couldn't think of what it was, danke!

>>44461603
Same as every other Kiki-Jiki combo, making infinity weenies and swing out. Though I could sac them to Last Ditch Effort or Mob Justice or Goblin War Strike or Goblin Bombardment, too.
Goatnapper untaps and takes control of target Goat, if Kiki-Jiki is a Goat I can untap him every time a Goatnapper enters play, make a Goatnapper, and untap Kiki-Jiki ad nauseum.
>>
>>44457213
What a faggy group you have. Boohoo so what if the game is hard. You started it, you should run with it no matter what. I hate quitter shits.
>>
>>44461810
I would ask if you can borrow a deck and see how competitive the metagame is, angel tribal is pretty bad but with Akroma at the helm angel tribal packing every boardwipe you can could be alright.
>>
>>44461810
for angel tribal to have any real hope, you'd probably need all the really expensive angels that are actually good, so $150 is probably not going to cut it
>>
>>44461924
>>44461954

Yeah, Angels really need more low-cost angels and angels that actually do stuff with other angels.

Right now, Angels don't have any internal synergy.
>>
>>44461810
No, and no.

Just get your GF to dress up as Avacyn and enjoy her heavenly feet instead of actually building an angel EDH deck.

If you must, at least run ways to cheat them out. Angels just aren't too synergistic a tribe.

Good news that angels can slot into nearly any deck and make it better, though.
>>
>>44461924
I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty competitive. The friend who invited me has multiple $500-$1000 decks for modern tournaments and told me he plays Stax for EDH, so I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to be a no fun allowed meta only group.
>>
>>44461976
>has multiple $500-$1000 decks for modern
>plays stax in EDH

Yeah that's a no fun allowed meta if he's got that kind of cheese to throw around
>>
>>44456357
aylimao
>>
>>44459588
Sorry, went to bed after posting >>44459418

It looks a lot better than before. I'd give you more cut suggestions but I'm sleepy as fuck right now. As a general thing, try smoothing out the curve a bit. It looks good now except for your two drops; I'm not sure how often your list wants to drop Ayli turn two, though.

Like I said, sleepy and not thinking very well yet.
>>
File: 1451493368674.png (180 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1451493368674.png
180 KB, 265x370
Really?
>>
>>44463085
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>44463085
Holy wow, what the fuck
>>
>>44463085
At least it's only an opponent. Might see some play in Brago
>>
>>44463085
>Timely reinforcements: The mythic
might see standard play at least.feels useless for EDH
>>
>>44463085
How is this block so fucking bad.
>>
>>44457236
>We want white to be a creatures mater color so we will make white better if they focus more on creatures.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>44463085
This makes me sad
>>
>>44463085
Wow that's expensive. And it's only good if you're behind.
>>
>>44463085

>conditional angel-tusk

How is this even mythic feeling?

Angel foot fetishists will still buy her and play her, leading to inflated prices.
>>
>>44463085
>not even a 4/4 angel token

Huh.
>>
>>44463085
What the fuck?
>>
>>44463085
If there was ever a good legend that you loved, remember that its next incarnation will be utter garbage.

RIP Avacyn and Linvala.
>>
>>44463539
Iona, Safeguard of Zendikar 7WWW

Flying

protection from colorless

When Iona, Safeguard of Zendikar enters the battlefield, name a color. Whenever you cast a spell of the chosen color, gain 2 life

6/6
>>
>>44463618
Iona, Safeguard of Zendikar 4WWW

Flying

You have protection from colorless

When Iona, Safeguard of Zendikar enters the battlefield, name a color. Permanents of that color that you control have protection from colorless.

4/4

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>44455702
Pot smells like shit, and people that need assistance from booze or drugs to have a good time must be pretty fuckin boring.
>>
>>44463669
people that need assistance from video games or card games to have a good time must be pretty fucking boring.

In all seriousness you dont need it to have a good time really. It can make some things funnier though.
>>
>>44463669
>not drinking and shooting the shit with your friends while playing EDH

They pair beautifully, anon, you should try it sometime
>>
>>44463085
I saw Linvala and expected a badass hatebear effect.

Instead we get this.
>>
>>44463716
every single drop of alcohol I've ever tried tasted like shit. how do you drink the stuff?
>>
>he doesn't remember the abortions that were Teysa2.0 and Isperia2.0

I pray we never return to Kamigawa for this very reason. At the rate things are going, I don't even want to return to Innistrad.
>>
>>44463085
Oh wait, it's mythic.
Let me cry even harder.
>>
>>44463799
At least Innistrad was already bad they can only make it better.
>>
>>44463799
oh boy I cant wait for wotc to molest our favorite legends

>GRIMGRIN, HUNGRY ZOMBIE
>5UB
>3/5
>WHENEVER A CREATURE DIES, TARGET OPPONENT PUTS THE TOP CARD FROM HIS OR HER LIBRARY INTO THE GRAVEYARD
>3UB, SACRIFICE A CREATURE, T: PUT A +1/+1 COUNTER ON GRIMGRIN. ACTIVATE THIS ABILITY ONLY ANY TIME YOU COULD CAST A SORCERY

a hurr durr kill me
>>
>>44463838
Innistrad is a god send compared to theros and this set
>>
>>44463838
>bad
>enemy check lands
>Silverblade Paladin, Geist, Avacyn and the Powderpuff Girls, Grimgrin, Rooftop Storm, Lab Man, Liliana of the Veil, Conjurer's Closet, etc
>great flavor and new tribal support (rip werewolf legend)
>only partially ruined by Avacyn Restored, which ironically had a lot of neat cards for EDH

Why was Innistrad bad?
>>
>>44463787
What did you drink? It's an acquired taste I guess. Your palette learns to pick up on flavors as you have more of it. I stick to beer because there's a ton of flavor profiles, liquor's not really for me (had some rough nights while drinking bourbon)
>>
>>44463895
>rip werewolf legend
You never know, maybe Emrakul will fuck up the Cursemute and bring back actual werewolves

Even though I doubt that will happen
>>
>>44463903
I've tried a few different beers, some whiskey and some rum, my sister did a touch of bartending when she was in college and mixed me a few drinks but I didn't like them very much. the vodka + orange juice was OK but it was a little strong, felt like I was on fire for a few hours
>>
>>44463085
Wow seven mana for a total of 7/7! Oh but only if you're losing. If you happen to be playing white well and have lots of weenies or life it's seven mana for a 5/5
GARBAGE
A
R
B
A
G
E
>>
>>44463948
6 mana for 8/8 but everything else you say is correct
>>
File: lol.png (170 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
170 KB, 265x370
Fucking ridiculous, I can't wait to run up against this guy in a Roon or Brago deck and lose the will to live.
>>
>>44463948
>>44463085
She will be a limited bomb, and great in flicker I think but other then that I dont know since those formats are all I play.
>>
>>44463945
Autism. Seriously, it can make alot of achoholic drinks seem like shit.
>>
>>44463895
How could I forget Dead-eye Navigator? Or Olivia Volderan? Or Thalia? Or. Cavern of Souls? The list goes on.

Seriously, why was Innistrad bad? It was better than Theros and I'd even say if it wasn't for fetches, SHU YUN THE MEME EGG MACHINE, Token Trans Character, and Golden Banana, better than Kahns block.

>>44463931
>yfw Bloodborne Eldrazi werewolves
>>
>>44464067
>SHU YUN THE MEME EGG MACHINE
I thought this died, I haven't seen him spammed recently
>>
>>44464031
how dare you, my sister isn't autistic.
>>
>>44463979
>>44463979
Why do I have a feeling they somehow pulled a Voice and Emmara trick with him and Linvala?
>>
>>44463799
If Teysa was just 6cmc I would play her but fuuuuuck. 7 is just such a weird and heavy cost.
>>
>>44464018
>great in flicker
>great
No. Any card that has a built in clause preventing you from comboing out or setting up a repeatable effect isn't great.
You should nearly almost always look at a card from the perspective of "what's the absolute worst this thing is going to do?" And this card is a vanilla 5/5 for seven. Unacceptable.
This is not what a mythic should look like.
>>
>>44464197
If only she was 4cmc with a frailer body. She'd be an excellent voltron general.

As it stands, she sadly isn't even worth the No Mercy effect.
>>
>>44464209
no you are right. After I typed that I realized that.

I just have such a soft spot for angels.

And its a mythic for draft/sealed.
>>
File: TeysaEnvoyofTiddies.jpg (682 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
TeysaEnvoyofTiddies.jpg
682 KB, 1280x960
>>44464228
The most hurtful thing is that Envoy of Ghosts has such nice art when compared to Orzhov Scion and it I want to use that new art.
>>
>>44464067
I found Tarkir to be really disappointing, there were so few interesting wedge cards and the dragons weren't much better (although I do like the fight dragon). Innistrad was much better.
>>
>>44461810
The only good angel tribal general is Kaalia, but she's, what, 20 USD?
>>
>>44463085
So this is the price we pay for Expedition Canopy Horizon
>>
>>44463085
Welp. They Avacyn'd Linvala. Thanks a million, Wizards.
>>
>thread more preoccupied bitching about Shitty Angel #67 than talking about the new cards that are actually good.
Never change, /edh/
>>
>>44464371

Try $50
>>
>>44464752
We only care about legends. Everything else already has cards that are strictly better outside of a few exceptions.
>>
>>44461048
>you just have to make sure you don't start on a couple of planes like Naya
Do you hate fun?
>>
>>44464752
>not being preoccupied with the newest angel

I bet you don't even care about her feet.
>>
>>44464918
Starting out on this plane, dropping all my l.p. lands, 'walking away to the Maelstrom, flipping Lilly of the Dark Veil, then 'walking away again all on turn one, while using a mono-black stax deck was the most fun l ever had.
>>
File: tmp_12736-31849740445.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12736-31849740445.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
I know we're talking shit about Linvala getting Avacyned, but I like Badvacyn. The white can be hard to splash, but I like her abilities quite a lot for keeping creatures alive, and she's still 5 power for 5 in the air.
>>
>>44459650
http://locator.wizards.com/'
Will help you find games.
>>
>>44457213
>>some fag over my shoulder mentions I have jokulhaups in my hand, mimeoplasm tutors for jace's archivist, plays it, equips greaves and makes me discard it
Yeah I'd knock that fucker out for saying that. Why do you play around such cunts?
>>
>>44465007
>tfw 1 land away from being able to turn 1 blightsteel colossus kill in my Daretti deck

Just needed one more to cast lightning greaves
>>
>>44465042

There are many better options
>>
>>44465258
This is the problem with new sets. Every time there is a better option. They really need to start the upswing in power levels like they have been promising they would.
>>
>>44464752
Like?
>>
>>44465441
Reflector Mage
>>
>>44455256
Feast and Famine, probs.
Grafted Exoskeleton
Nissa's Renewal
Solemn. Works great with clones/mimic vat
Braids, Cabal Minion. I mean, I understand why she's banned. But that doesn't stop her from being one of my favorite cards.
Food Chain. Period. Paragraph. Shit is incredibly busted in literally every deck I've ever seen it in, even without Misthollow Griffin or Prossh.
>>
File: 1438929665285.jpg (40 KB, 616x474) Image search: [Google]
1438929665285.jpg
40 KB, 616x474
wish I had cash to burn to get a Mishras workshop for an Artifact affinity deck....
>>
File: Donate.jpg (23 KB, 365x345) Image search: [Google]
Donate.jpg
23 KB, 365x345
>>44465663
>he doesn't have a spare 1k sitting around
>being poor
>>
Are there cards that let you equip at instant speed?
>>
>>44464918
The last time i saw that plane, the game ended on turn three.
>Be playing my Thromok deck.
>Free roll to start turn, walk to naya.
>Play the five lands I have in hand, then Veteran Explorer and skullclamp.
>Clamp the Explorer, get two more lands, draw and cast Hermit druid.
>rest of the table ramps on their turns
>dont pay echo on druid, proceed to clamp three squirrels and play four more lands because we were still on naya
>I get us off naya
>It gets back around to my third turn, I cast warp world for 17, and kill the table when I hit purphoros, doubling season, primal vigor, and token makers.
>we have never played planechase again.
>>
>>44465719
>Auriok Windwalker
>Leonin Shikari
>Brass Squire
>>
>>44465764
>2/3 W cards
Fuck
>>
>>44465726

Deranged hermit and hermit Druid are different, cool story though
>>
>>44465786
There's Magnetic Theft, I guess.
>>
>>44465810
>Imprint Magnetic Theft with Isochron Scepter

Oh shit
TERRIBLE JANK INCOMING
>>
>>44463979
Favorite part of this card is that the meddling mage effect isn't tied to the card staying on the table.

FLICKER
L
I
C
K
E
R
>>
>>44466300
Hence why the anon who posted it brought up Brago and Roon, as they pair well together
>>
File: 1411617748703.jpg (36 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1411617748703.jpg
36 KB, 500x333
>>44465810
>>44465885

I will say that Magnetic Theft has saved me more times then you'd think.

>I doom blade your Voltron before he gets protection
>Jokes on you, I have YOUR protection!
>That's fair.

It's a solid card.
>>
>>44466362
Neato, I didn't even realize it didn't have to be your own upon first read

Oh God, imagine it with Mycosynth and Bludgeon Brawl out. Steal literally everything that isn't nailed down with Shroud/Hexproof and equip it

This is happening soon
>>
File: Image.jpg (77 KB, 447x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
77 KB, 447x311
This works the way I want it to, right?
>>
>>44466427
Yes anon, you too can pay 4 mana to give yourself a scion and your opponent a deathtouch token. Fantastic.
>>
>>44466427
I guess, but you'll give your opponent a snek each time. and 4 mana to temporarily ramp for 1, is kind of bad.
>>
>>44466427
Sure, if you want your opponents' boards to be full of 1/1 deathtouch tokens
>>
>>44466427
G8 B8 M8
>>
>>44466463
>>44466452
>>44466449

Just making sure. I have a few other exile graveyard whatevers. But yeah. Aside from having illness in the ranks out I'm having some trouble getting worth out of this.
>>
>>44466520
Your Scions would die from Illness in the Ranks too
>>
File: 1430084389682.gif (560 KB, 257x192) Image search: [Google]
1430084389682.gif
560 KB, 257x192
>>44466574

Exactly. Why I'm trying to find some worth. Leyline of Vitality, maybe? Archetype of Finality is in the decklist but. Y'know. 4BB.
>>
>>44466607
There's no worth

Just stop
>>
>>44466630

I will continue out of spite.
>>
File: BloodArtist[1].jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
BloodArtist[1].jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>44466427
>Get infinite mana
>Make infinite scions from moving opponent greatures back and forth
>Sac all of them for infinite lifegain/life loss

Great combo M8.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/retaliation-ob-nixilis-2015-12-30

New uncharted realms. What do you guys think?

Tl;dr Nissa is a fucking dumbass more news at 11
>>
>>44467701
Flavor thread's over this way. >>44462799
>>
>>44467901
Oh I am sorry thank you anon.
>>
>>44467901
Fuck you I'd rather discuss this stuff with my brommanders than suffer the self-insert shenanigans of the flavor thread.
>>
Can somebody explain to me why you would want to play aayyyyli when you can just play little teysa.
>>
>>44468183
The same reason you play any commander that has a strictly better option in those colors you autistic fuckface
>>
>>44468241
And the reason being that you enjoy losing with your inferior deck. Understood.
>>
>>44468183
>>44468300

Their only similarity is exiling stuff. They can use a lot of the same cards, but ultimately Ayli will be a lifegaining fortress with precision exile cannons. I'd describe Teysa similarly but I've never played with her.

I'm playing Ayli because I've wanted an excuse to run a bad strategy (lifegain) and because I think she's more interactive and political than Teysa*. For example, you can't say "I'll kill that Elspeth/Darksteel Forge/Grave Pact if you wipe the board immediately afterwards" with Teysa.

Oh! And since Ayli hasn't been built much yet, there's more a deckbuilding challenge there.
>>
>>44468183

Teysa is an old cow
>>
>some asshole bought up myriad landscape
>.50 to 4.00
These buyouts need to stop.
>>
>>44468580
Basically, this. Ayli can exile anything whereas Teysa can only exile creatures. Ayli has to pay mana, but Teysa has a color restriction.
>>
>>44469011
seriously? How many did he buy to multiply the price by that much? I might start doing this desu.
>>
>>44469011
Its just demand in this case. Not every little price hike is a buy out.
>>
>>44469011
>Gaddock Teeg spiked to $50
I agree, people who do this should be DCI banned.
>>
File: 134.jpg (91 KB, 652x522) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
91 KB, 652x522
>>44464262
i dunno the old art is still pretty good
>>
>>44469416
Bullshit, the price had been steady since it was printed then only started going up within the last few months. It really started climbing only in the last couple weeks. It's not as tough every EDH player suddenly realized they need a copy, it's jackass speculators creating scarcity to make themselves a couple bucks.
>>
>>44469501
fucking seriously? last month i checked he was 15-18
>>
>>44469501
Doesn't he actually see play in Hatebears? In his case it really could be due to demand.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
Sup /edh/. I have a friend who is pestering me into making a tiny leader deck despite the format being total shit so in an attempt to make one so he will shut up, what kind of deck can I use varolz in to make a good tiny leader, if at all possible?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.