[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, I'd love any tips on how to roleplay as a Warrior-Poet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1428067097429.jpg (118 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1428067097429.jpg
118 KB, 500x740
Hey /tg/, I'd love any tips on how to roleplay as a Warrior-Poet kind of character. Thanks.
>>
Be a rapper.
>>
>>44451423
Read a lot of poetry.

Spout it at apporiate moments.
>>
>>44451423
Write down events that happen in a journal. You're going to be making a saga about this if all goes well, you want to remember how it went.

Quote the Edda or saga of your choice when appropriate. Or when it's not.
>>
Any tips for more philosophical characters too?
>>
File: tru.jpg (26 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tru.jpg
26 KB, 540x540
>>44451546

Talk about how god doesn't exist, nothing matters and how we are all simply waiting to become food for the worms.
>>
>>44451423
get a dagger that lets you time travel a minuet back when you fuck up a joke.
>>
This thread has honest potential. Are you versed in Bushido and the way of the Samurai? They were quite cultured as well as being warriors (or bureaucrats depending on dynasty.)
>>
File: I Cannot Be Made To Lie.jpg (239 KB, 944x786) Image search: [Google]
I Cannot Be Made To Lie.jpg
239 KB, 944x786
>>44451423
As Vehk and Vehk I hereby answer, my right and my left, with black hands. Vehk the mortal did murder the Hortator. Vehk the God did not, and remains as written. And yet these two are the same being. And yet are not, save for one red moment. Know that with the Water-Face do I answer, and so cannot be made to lie.
>>
File: SPACEBALLS THE FILENAME.jpg (82 KB, 999x599) Image search: [Google]
SPACEBALLS THE FILENAME.jpg
82 KB, 999x599
>>44451564
What if I want to play a philosophical character that isn't also a raging faggot, or is that pushing suspension of disbelief?
>>
>>44451423
>Warrior-Poet kind of character

Play as a Scotsman.
>>
>>44451546
Practice laconism, or just saying things bluntly but in a witty fashion.

>A witticism attributed to Lycurgus, the legendary lawgiver of Sparta, was a response to a proposal to set up a democracy there: "Begin with your own family."

>On another occasion, Lycurgus was reportedly asked the reason for the less-than-extravagant size of Sparta's sacrifices to the gods. He replied, "So that we may always have something to offer."

>Responding to a visitor who questioned why they put their fields in the hands of the helots rather than cultivate them themselves, Anaxandridas explained, "It was by not taking care of the fields, but of ourselves, that we acquired those fields."

>When asked by a woman from Attica, "Why are you Spartan women the only ones who can rule men?", Gorgo replied, "Because we are also the only ones who give birth to men."

>Following the disastrous sea battle of Cyzicus, the admiral Mindaros' first mate dispatched a succinct distress signal to Sparta. The message was intercepted by the Athenians and was recorded by Xenophon in his Hellenica: "Ships gone; Mindarus dead; the men starving; at our wits' end what to do".

>When asked whether bravery or justice was a more important virtue, Agesilaus explained, "There is no use for bravery unless justice is present, and no need for bravery if all men are just."

>Nearing death, Agesilaus was asked if he wanted a statue erected in his honor. He declined, saying; "If I have done anything noble, that is a sufficient memorial; if I have not, all the statues in the world will not preserve my memory."

>After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I invade Laconia you will be destroyed, never to rise again." The Spartan ephors replied with a single word: "If" Subsequently neither Philip nor his son Alexander the Great attempted to capture the city.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.