[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Booster Box OGW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: qo6zt8dtty_EN.png (83 KB, 750x230) Image search: [Google]
qo6zt8dtty_EN.png
83 KB, 750x230
hi fairly new to MtG here
>have actual shit tier cards
would buying a booster box be worth it?
i know the leaks have shown some cards to be amazing, like Eye of Ugin and Crumbling Vestige
so any help would be appreciated
>>
buying booster boxes is a shitty way to expand your collection.

instead you should draft so that you get better at the game at the same time and you have some amount of control over what cards you get.
>>
>>44451096
Is this the new meme?
Seriously everyone says just buy singles.
Have you ever opened a box? It's fucking fun. If someone wants to drop 100 bucks and get a playsets of ever common, almost every uncommon, most rares and some mythics and foils. Let them.

If they want to tear the packs open, cool. If they wanna draft it or play sealed. Great.

Nobody gives a fuck about just buying singles like a boring spike faggot net decker.

Press button, get 4 Gideons for 100 bucks in the mail in a week. So fucking fun.
>>
>>44449066
If you wanna buy a box, go for it anon.
It's even better if you have a friend or someone to do it with it play/trade with while doing it.

Don't just buy some overcosted crap from scg. It's boring as fuck.
>>
>>44451096
>tfw 2-4 of every BFZ uncommon except for Bane of Bala Ged
I had 12 of them until I gave my little sister a playset. I can not NOT pick the Bane.

Also, OP, you should definitely either go to your store and draft, or buy a booster box to support MtG and your LGS and then draft with your friends.
>>
>>44449066
Buying a box isn't likely to get you your money's worth, but it's alright if you like playing limited formats. If you're trying to build a deck just buy singles, and if you mostly just want to add to your collection play limited, that way you get practice in while you crack packs.
>>
>>44451257
addendum: there are a lot of sites you can buy singles from, among the worst are eBay and SCG.
>>
>>44451096
draft?
after reading some, wouldn't this hurt my chances of getting the 2 rares inside each booster? wouldn't it just be open a pack, take one of the two rares and then just pass it along?
>>44451248
>friends
i'm fairly new and have almost no friends that play, like 2 max and i don't talk to them much
>>44451257
>>44451294
wouldn't buying 36 packs mean, I'd get at least 72 rares? follow up: aren't the rares from the teasers worth the purchase?
>>
>>44451463
Thn it's time to make som friends. Visit your game store and find out who's playing Magic there.

Also, don't get too hung up with the rares. Most of them are pretty terrible. Packs have up to two rares only if you recive a premium foil rare in a pack - which happens one or two times per booster box.
>>
>>44451463
There's only 1 rare in a pack and some have a foil. and one thing to keep in mind, rarity has nothing to do with a cards price or playability.
Compare http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/fifth-dawn/serum-visions
with http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/battle-for-zendikar/prism-array
>>
>>44451649
well it shouldn't at least, in recent sets it kinda is

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/the-changing-definition-of-mythic-rare
>>
>>44451800
>writing an article explaining your inability to read

Classic MTG Goldfish.
>>
alright thanks guys, I'll probably buy the booster pack. thanks for all your inputs
>>
>>44451158
This post literally said nothing about buying singles. You should calm down and think a bit before you type.
He gives valid points, although I would say don't buy a booster box just to open the packs and that's that. If you must buy one for whatever reason, do it play draft or sealed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.