[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will General, Mothafuckin' Cthulhus Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
How about a hand for everyone's favorite giant, tentacled, abyss-dwelling monstrosities. Anybody else on the Pumpkin Witch incarnation train?

New Player Primer:
http://fowtavern.com/how_to_play_force_of_will/

US Website:
http://fowtcg.us/

Comprehensive Rules:
http://fowtcg.us/Files/FoWCR.pdf

FoW Wikia:
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Force_of_Will_TCG_Wiki
>>
So what would I need to do to build around something like Magic's Indestructible mechanic, if at all possible?

Alternatively, should I go Wind, Water, or a combination of both to create a Hydra style deck with lots of ramp?
>>
>>44449711
Nothing with Indestructible printed yet I don't think. What is a Hydra deck?
>>
>>44449711
Wind/Light RefRef Arthur ramp might be up your alley.
>>
>>44449818

Dunno what the proper MtG slang for the style is, but ramp into big fat beatsticks that either grow more vicious the more damage they do, or make other things grow when attacking or defending.
>>
>>44449887
Black has more fatties than Green in this game, but a Sacred Beasts ramp deck might be what you're looking for.
>>
File: 333[1].jpg (39 KB, 333x480) Image search: [Google]
333[1].jpg
39 KB, 333x480
>>44449887
With refinement I'm sure the Pricia Sacred Beasts starter deck can be strong. Throw in things like Elvish Priest or Gretel if you can get your hands on them to ramp your mana up, then vomit out beasts.
>>
File: reflect.jpg (67 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
reflect.jpg
67 KB, 480x670
>>44450311
Second.
It's probably the best of the starter decks immediately out of the box.

How do you guys feel about Reflect? On one hand it's the ruler of the vast majority of competitive decks, but on the other hand it doesn't dictate the rest of your deck and there's a much variety of Reflect decks.
>>
>>44450485
Reflect does every ruler's job better than every other ruler. That's what I think about the cunt. The only exception is Arla because she's literally the only real counter to Reflect since you can threaten to kill the faggot.
>>
Probably common question around here, coming off of Magic I want to get into this since it's real cheap. What are some top J-Rulers besides R/R
>>
>>44450570
Bahamut, Blazer, Vlad, Arla purely because of Artemis. But the nice thing is that the game is so new that no one really knows what's good. People could be thinking about the game all wrong.
>>
>>44450751
Valentina is pretty stacked.

And the deck's alright as well.
>>
>>44450757
Hmm maybe I can narrow down a Ruler based on play style, I'm trying to lean more to a tempo based style of play. I was looking at Valentina 1.0 since "flashing" in Value creatures seems like fun
>>
>>44450751
This is a pretty good starting point. I had actually made a list of potential additions to the starter for a friend a while back. I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere.
>>
>>44450751
I read buying two sets of Vingolfs:Engage of Knights is a good start too since they give you those nice Mana rocks.
>>
File: valentina_adds.jpg (76 KB, 616x928) Image search: [Google]
valentina_adds.jpg
76 KB, 616x928
>>44450829
Found it. This was right as TTW was releasing so prices have probably fluctuated some. You'll probably want some Heras too, not sure why I didn't include that in the image. Keep in mind you won't be using all of these, but the optional cards are cheap and will give you some creative wiggle room.
>>
>>44450959
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Vingolf-Series-Engage-Knights/dp/B01015U4XG/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_y

I'm on the fence on buying two of these or just buying the Mana rocks instead. Do you have any other TCG experiences?
>>
>>44450897
>Laying the Foundation

Without the ability to shuffle on demand like you have from fetchlands in Magic, this card is much weaker than it appears. It's fine with R/R WHO FUCKING KNEW because you can bottom the cards, but otherwise you're just locked. I'm testing the card in Arla control for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Arla herself shuffles your library, and because Artemis is so good, I'm running 4 copies of Dark Machina to both search for Artemis and shuffle at the same time. If you're curious, my list is:

RULER
1 Arla, the Winged Lord

MAINBOARD
1 Celestial Wing Seraph
1 Dignified Seraph
4 Dark Machina, Gliding Shadow
4 Trader of Shangri-La
1 Susanowo, the Ten-Fist Sword
3 Guinevere, the Jealous Queen
4 Alice's Little Scout
3 Hanzo Hattori
2 Gwiber, the White Dragon
1 Arthur Pendragon, Knight of the Round Table
1 Purplemist, the Fantasy Dragon

4 Glimpse of Kaguya
1 Deathscythe, the Life Reaper
4 Artemis, the God's Bow
2 Laying the Foundation
2 Rapid Decay
2 Demonflame
>>
>>44450959
Water is kinda comparable to Blue.
Water has draw and bounce, but doesn't have hard countermagic like Blue does. Water also has more combat tricks than Blue. A solid Valentina 1.0 deck ends up playing somewhat like a modern Merfolk or Faeries deck, but with more tempo and no permission.
>>
>>44451100
Oh it's easier for me to speak in MTG terms then, the Vingolf I was talking about before has the ABUR lands in them (Tropical islands, Underground seas, Etc etc)
>>
File: Vlad_Tepes.jpg (200 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes.jpg
200 KB, 557x777
>>44451100
If you like playing draw-go, you could try a Dark/Wind/Fire Vlad deck. Countermagic is mostly in Wind, and some variations of the deck run as many as 30 instant-speed creatures and spells. Vlad herself functions as a great control wincon, since you can just drain your opponent at the end of each of their turns if you didn't counter or kill their play.
>>
>>44451400
Most top tier decks go for $150 MAX
>>
>>44451431
$120 of that is a set of Cheshire Cats.
>>
>>44451447
Is it a staple in the majority of decks?
>>
>>44451476
Costs a blue, 0/200 with shroud, when it enters draw 2 then put 1 back, and when it dies shuffle it into your library. The value is mostly due to scarcity to be honest. I think this game is going to take a YGO approach to reprints. If people want valuable cards, they'll just print them and rake in the money as people buy packs to crack those cards. I honestly never understood why Wizards never did that.
>>
>>44451536
Reserve list, peoples investment etc etc.
>>
>>44451561
None of those make Wizards money, which confuses me as to why they persist with caring about them. The reserve list is not legally binding.
>>
>>44451582
I don't know the legal mumbo jumbo, going by what others have said. But that's why I'm jumping into FoW and hoping it becomes big unlike those other Jap TCG like weiswartz and such.
>>
>>44451621
Well as far as I can tell with formats in this game, they're planning to have a standard format much the same as Magic, with 2 blocks legal at any time, and a rotation when a new one starts. This means they don't have to resort to power creep to sell packs. There's of course going to be a legacy format too because why the fuck not.
>>
>>44451662
I'm indifferent on the block and rotation, it's what a year rotation seems like a deck could dominate for that cluster if it's left unchecked.
>>
>>44451447
Tbh, a set of Cheshires is probably closer to between $60-80.
>>
>>44452404
Actually since R/R Alice's World became a serious thing they've shot back up to the $25+ mark. If you're wise you'll grab Feithsings before the same thing happens if you need them.
>>
File: s-l1600darkal.jpg (72 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600darkal.jpg
72 KB, 640x361
/tg/ send help.

I've never played this game before and not all of the cards I ordered are here yet, but I'm already in love with her.
>>
local walmart got this big red box that looks like it has 2 decks in it, one picture of a lady and some holy sword, other deck had a dude on it, is that worth picking up if I wanted to get into the game? I didn't see any other FoW stuff other than boosters
>>
>>44455246

You should buy one of that and play with a friend to see if you like the game.
>>
>>44455277
playing with a friend is a nogo; I'll probably just end up playing with online groups over skype, I live in a very rural area. there's barely even an MTG scene. blatantly surprised to even see FoW stuff out here.
>>
>>44455246
If you want some actual physical cards definitely, the dual deck box has 2 complete playable decks (mono red and mono white) that can be smashed together into a pretty solid R/W Knights of the Round Table tribal deck. Only thing you'd need to pick up separate would be some of the dual stones.
>>
>>44454722
She's dead.
>>
>>44455246
Two boxes of those will contain a full playset of what are essentially ABUR dual lands.
>>
>>44456040
Vingolf has those, I think what he's seeing is the Faria/Melgis dual decks.
>>
>>44456377
That makes more sense.
>>
Taking the "Buy exactly three packs" advice from the last thread, I got
>Foil Change The World (needed for my deck)
>Stamped Faria Excalibur
>Stamped Special Red Stone
Not bad, especially for packs bought on store credit.
>>
>>44450511
>Better than every other ruler
Okay, so it does Baha better than Baha? Regaliaspam better than Cain or Valentina? Outcontrols Vlad? No. Refs are a solid toolbox, but that's about it.
>>
File: vp8jU5X.gif (789 KB, 444x272) Image search: [Google]
vp8jU5X.gif
789 KB, 444x272
>>44455860

それが何?
>>
I Played against aggro Reflect tonight

Why didn't you fuckers tell me you can play yugioh in force of will
>>
>>44458050
I dunno... I keep buying boosters and cards but the stories I keep on hearing from our tournaments are starting to scare me away.
>>
>>44458881

What?
>>
>>44456656
You don't actually need to do those things though. Why out control Vlad when you can just crush Vlad? And Baha doesn't even get cast half the time, so having a ruler that digs you down to the cards you need while also bouncing blockers is potentially a big deal.
>>
Any more word on Alice3 yet? Is the old hooded bearded man the return of Abdul? Cthulhu returns in A3?
>>
>>44460535
You don't out-control Vlad, though. Trust me, I've played the matchup, and Vlad still beats the crap out of R/R because your opponent has the choice of flipping R/R early and trying to use him as a counterspell or getting stones, and they're both the wrong answer when you're just saying "no" to everything they try to do. If they don't flip Vlad just runs rampant, if they do flip they lose out on stones and can't cast jack.
>>
>>44449711
The closest thing to M:tG's Indestructible mechanic would be J-Rulers with Imperishible, or Phoenix from the newest set (when it's put into a graveyard from play, you can pay RR to put it back into play. This also triggers a convenient comes-into-play ability).
>>
>>44461510
Blazer, the Eater of Dimensions can be played from the removed from game area - and its continuous effect which when it dies (or any of your res for that matter) it goes to removed from game instead of graveyard.

Really a bad card to play against dark alice though, found that out the hard way without thinking once and was just having a laughing dropping it turn 3
>>
>>44449711
Everyone forgetting Abel like he ain't their homeboy.
>>
>>44461550
If you're using Lumia, Alice, Guardian of Dimensions, can be cast from RFG after using her effect.
>>
>>44454722
Dark Alice is mai waifu.

Too bad nobody at my store has her, we've collectively pulled like 5 Fairy Queen Alice since TTW released though.
>>
>>44467761

If she was your waifu you would already have her full art.
>>
>>44467761
Alice must be my waifu, I get full art Alices (of differing types) in every box I open. I have a whole set of full art Alices, but it would be nice to see another J-ruler in full art.
>>
>>44471118

>but it would be nice to see another J-ruler in full art.

Confirmed couldn't handle yandere waifu
>>
>>44472010
oh, no, don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to have full arts of all of the alices out there. It would be nice to not be able to predict what my full arts are going to be for a given box.
>>
>>44467761
I got two full arts between prerelease and a box.
>>
>>44472113
The trick to finding the good shit is to only ever buy 3 boosters at a time.
>God pack first time I did it
>Stamped foil Reflect second time I did
>>
>>44472182
I might have to try that. I've been buying boxes at a time due to an addiction to opening packs.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.