[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaos Space Marines in Tournaments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: fiend.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fiend.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
So I've been playing Chaos for a little while now, and I have a tournament coming up on Saturday. Problem is, I'm either a horrible player or a horrible list builder. I use both Marines and Daemons. Any advice for a competitive list? I'll post a list of everything I have
>>
Chaos space marines got fucked over and need a new codex

Daemons are using an outdated codex and also need a new one

If you're playing chaos you're going to get fucked but anything that isn't orks or sisters
>>
>>44448317
No. Don't even bother.
>>
>>44448317
>demons
>competitive
>>
>>44448317
>Any advice for a competitive list?
Use a loyalist codex.
>>
10 Noise Marines
8 Berzerkers
5 Raptors
3 Oblits
3 Lords
1 Warpsmith
2 Daemon Princes
2 Defilers
2 Heldrakes (just got the second and have yet to use it)
3 Bikers
Lucius the Eternal (getting him soon)
12 Bloodletters
10 Furies
10 Plaguebearers
3 Nurgling bases
5 Flesh puppies
10 Pink Horrors
>>
Ignore the Marines

Build a death star lists out of pink horrors, screamers, and heralds of Tzeentch on disks.
>>
>>44448317
Hmm competitive CSM + Daemons?

Daemons are only competitive with summoning spam. A Daemon Prince, heralds, and pink horrors. Summon as much shit as possible and pray your opponent rolls poorly turn 1/2.
CSM could be used as an ally I suppose. A Sorcerer, minimum Cultists, and some Spawn or a Heldrake. But you're way better off just spending those points on more Daemon units. CSM are garbage on the table. And its going to be that way for at least another year+.
>>
>>44448577
Death Stars suck in 7th edition. Pink Horrors serve absolutely no purpose in a death star either. They are taken in squads of 11 for the 2 ML, and thats the only reason. You hide them out of los and use them for psychic dice. Maybe holding a backfield obj.
>>
>>44448651
Okay. So would 2 Heldrakes, cultists and maybe a defiler and the rest just daemons? I also heard Nurgle does pretty well on CSM lists
>>
>>44448718
Only reason to take CSM is greater brass scorpion, be'lakor, and heldrakes. Don't bother with defilers.
>>
>>44448705
So then no Death Stars, either. Here's my list:

1 Warpsmith
1 Sorc
2x 10 Cultists
1 Defiler
2 Drakes

1 Prince
1 Herald on Disk
10 Horrors
1 Soul Grinder

Suggestions?
>>
Okay, forget the Deffy/Soul Grinder then?
>>
>>44448872

drop the csm side to be'lakor, 1or 2 heldrake, 10 cultists. grab 9 screamers for the herald to chill with, take 2 units of 11 horrors, drop the prince for kairos.
>>
>>44448971
Thanks, Ill try that
>>
>>44449009

also pickup an aegis defense line for the pinkies to side behind. 2+ cover with a reroll makes them tougher then terminators.
>>
>>44449096
Alright then, I can probably fit that in, too. Ill try these ideas and come back probably on saturday with my results :)
>>
>>44448971

I dunno about 2 Heldrakes. Thats 340 points of anti-meq sitting in reserves. A Baleflamer will hit 3-4 28mm bases per turn. If you're unlucky or your opponent is smart, you'll have a sub-optimal target on the drakes' 2nd turn on the table.

Take one Heldrake. I strongly suggest 5 MoN Spawn instead. They are 10 points more than a Heldrake, and can lock up 75%+ of the units in the game for a few turns. Use them to tarpit your opponents' killy unit. Or use a Heldrake to kill a handful of troops.
>>
>>44448504
Op, even though CSM are bad, you somehow made it worse....
No Standards for CSM? you could use 2x5 Noise but then you need a Slaanesh-Lord, or Lucius
or 8 Zerkers and Noise, but you would need a Khorne and a Slaanesh Lord.
>>
>>44448504
Best success I've found with my CSM in tournament play is using them as an allied detachment. And when I do, I'm doing it only for the heldrake, a psyker with the daemon rule for summoning, and a squad of obliterators. CSMs have one of the worst books in the game, if not the worst. I say go paint and convert them so that when you lose, you at least look stylish doing so. Which is what I've been doing lately, all hail bits bins at stores
>>
File: 1451336871259.jpg (41 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1451336871259.jpg
41 KB, 600x656
>New CSM codex unveiled
>It contains Malal
>The next advancement in the story is about the creation of Malal aka Malice
>Post your face when
>>
>>44451355
Oh and it involves a catastrophy for the Tau to flesh them out and make them less shit. That's how he comes about.
>>
File: 14412513.jpg (24 KB, 492x362) Image search: [Google]
14412513.jpg
24 KB, 492x362
>>44451355
>>44451365
Post your face when Malice reveals herself
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64 KB, 738x936) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64 KB, 738x936
>>44451355
>>44452734
>tfw Chaos Squats won't return
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.