[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1393164508493 - Copy.jpg (2 MB, 1467x3000) Image search: [Google]
1393164508493 - Copy.jpg
2 MB, 1467x3000
Hello everyone! Let's start a civilization.

First we need 3 votes for the race and location.
>>
Let's get ourselves some Centaur.

In the desert.
>>
>>44448149
1 for centaurs in the desert.

I don't think I've seen that combo before.
>>
>>44448201

I've seen it. But that was on /b/. And years and years ago. Though, looking at faun, it might be even better that way.

Just a hint: Make sure there are really noteworthy characters. And I'll be happy. Just want me some nomadic civ.
>>
>>44448105
Slime, Ruins.
>>
>>44448439
>>44448201

1 for centaurs in the desert
1 for slime in ruins
>>
Lizardfolk in rain forest ruins
>>
Construct
ruins on mountain.
>>
Skaven, City Ruins
>>
>>44448105
Halflings valley
>>
>>44448751
Second
>>
>>44448751
Second
>>
>>44449022
>samefagging

This is why we cant have nice things
>>
>>44448149
this
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 518x264) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 518x264
>>44449111
I'm afraid not
>>
>>44448551
>>44448708
>>44448751
>>44448854
>>44448856
>>44448868
>>44449246

2 for constructs in ruines residing in the mountains

2 for centaurs in the desert

1 for Lizardfolk in ruins residing in a rainforest

1 for Skaven in City ruins

1 for Halflings in a valley
>>
>>44449283
I said ruins as well. Ruins in a rain forest. We have 3 votes for ruins in different locations, might as well just do ruins.
>>
>>44449283
Were you the OP of the Lizardfolk civ?
We were waiting for you, but you never came back.
>>
>>44449283
Centaurs in the desert imo
>>
>>44449322
>>44449298
>>44449283

Centaurs in the ruins in a desert it is. Into coming up.

While I write the intro. Who should our leader be? Post the name and class/profession while I write the intro please.

>>44449316
No I am not.
>>
> horsefags
>>
>>44449354
A young warrior named Reginald Furymare, leading his people out of exile.
>>
>>44449354

The Sand Seas has been the cradle and coffin of many great cities, kingdoms, and peoples. Countless cities have risen from the sand, just to be swallowed up once more by the seas of earth and the constant sand storms that plague the area.

One people of the sands discovers one such city in their journey to find a water source. The centaurs of the sand seas are constantly on the move searching for water storing plants, oasis, or any other means of finding the valuable resource.

The past week has been hell for these people. The tribe was caught in an unnaturally violent sand storm that had persisted for days. The storm had become so aggressive that many of the tribe had been separated in the blinding winds. As the storm had calmed, one group of 30 (15m/15f) Centaurs were greeted by the carcass of a great city. Still half consumed by the sands, many of the toppled buildings only partially penetrate the surface.

The rest of the tribe is lost, but the storm seems to have only temporarily calmed. What should the tribe do?:

>A: Enter the ruins for shelter
>B: Begin searching for tribe
>C: Forget the tribe they're long gone by now. We should head (Direction.)
>>
>>44449568
Take shelter. Look for tribe when the storm clears.
>>
>>44449568
>Forget the tribe they're long gone by now. We should head (Direction.)

They got lost in a sandstorm they're clearly idiots and we are better off without them.

Search the ruins then head north.
>>
>>44449568
A
>>
>>44449728
>>44449638
>>44449568

The tribe decides to take shelter in the ruins to wait for the storm to pass. The massive, sunken spires of this forgotten city are large enough for the group to fit into a single spire. They enter the closest tower as the storm begins to anger oncemore. The howling of the storm blows sand through the broken shaft of the spire, but the shelter is still an improvement. The spire is oddly not flooded with sand, save the sand blown in by the sotrm. In fact, there is a feint light that can be seen at the peak and the base of the spire.

>A: watch the lights, but remain where you are for now
>B: Send a group to investigate the lights (both? peak? base?)

Of the 3o Centaurs, all have stone clubs/tomahawks, but 5 have bow and arrows.
>>
>>44450024
A
>>
>>44450024
Investigate the lights, it might be the rest of our tribe.
>>
>>44450070
>>44450056
>>44450024

The group sends 5 men to investigate each light. The two groups diverge from the tribe and walk the short distance to each light source.

At the peak the light source is found to be a glimmering crystal. As the group approaches the crystal a faint hum can be heard resonating from the glimmering object. The crystal is rather large and heavy. Two Centaurs are needed to pick it up and bring it to the others.

As they arrive they notice that the group taht ventured to the base of the tower has not returned and the light originating from there has vanished. The group of 5 cautiously wades through the walls of the spire, descending towards the base.

They arrive at the base to find a doorway leading into the earth. Their fellow tribesmen no doubt investigated the rather large opening.

"Balon! You down there!?!" Bellows Bren, a young warrior of the tribe.

"We're down here brother! We tried to lift this damned crystal and the floor collapsed on us." A voice echoes through the dark doorway.

"Help us up would you?" The voice beckons.

Bren's face changes from a moniker of gratefulness to confusion.

"That doesn't sound like Balon." Bren says quizically.

>A: Find a way to help the centaurs up
>B: Tell them you will come back for them and return to the main group
>C: Other
>>
>>44450426
Other.
Ask a question Balon would know the answer to.
>>
>>44450531
This sounds like a good plan. We can't afford to mess with something possibly stronger than us. Especially right now.
>>
>>44450640
>>44450531
>>44450426

Bren, weary of the voice, decides to ask a question:
" Balon, remember what you said to me when you got that scar from the Great Eagle?"

A voice roars from the doorway

"Gods are you ever going to let me live that down? I've said it a hundred times I thought it was a Yellow Wasp!"

Bren laughs. The others look at Bren confused. "He thought Great Eagles were venemous and thought he was going to die. he tries to make the excuse that he thought it was a Yellow Wasp everytime I bring it up." The group begins to laugh.

"Fuck all of you just help us up!" The voice bellows out.

>A: Find a way to help them up
>B: Leave them there for now
>C: Other
>>
>>44451473
A
>>
>>44451473
>A: Find a way to help them up
>>
>>44451473
a
>>
>>44451473

The Group examines the area for any way to help up their fellow tribesmen. The fall is not too far, but it is still to tall for the men to jump. The Spire is bare.

"We can't find anything up here. Is there something rope or something down there?"

The sound of objects rustling can be heard in the chamber below.

"We've found this rod. Pewrhaps you could pull us up one by one?"

A rusted rob penetrates the unnatural darkness of the chamber. One of the tribesmen grabs the pillar and begins to pull. Slowly the Tribesman emerges from the doorway.

"Thank the gods. It was unsettling down there."

One after the another eachg of the tribesmen are pulled up through the doorway. The describe the chamber as expansive and noxious. None could really provide any vivid details however.

The sandstorm is raging through the ruins and night has fallen. The group decides to spend the night within the spire. In the night odd sounds can be heard echoing through the spire. The sounds are not unlike howling, but they don't sound like they come from a hound.

The Sun rises and the storm has died down a bit.

>A: Explore the ruins
>B: Search for tribesmen
>C: Explore the Spire
>D; Other
>>
>>44452568
>B: Search for tribesmen
Better do this now that the storm has died down a bit
Also how are we doing in terms of food and supplies
>>
I'm really feeling like we go for the hedonistic centaur tribe here. Luxurious tents, possible slave labor to support us since we aren't exactly the most mobile in non-open areas.

>b Search for tribesmen

Need to get our numbers up
>>
>>44452808
>b Search for tribesmen

Agreed, we've gotta make at least some effort to find any more of our brothers and sisters, a tribes gotta stick together.
>>
>>44452568
B search for the rest of the tribe
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.