[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Are /Real/ - Moving In Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 1427030331380.jpg (163 KB, 960x785) Image search: [Google]
1427030331380.jpg
163 KB, 960x785
>What are you guys and what do you do in this thread?
We're a group of anons posting on 4chan as if Pokemon are real. Chat with fellow anons, report your adventures, develop characters, and have fun.

>Do I have to be a namefag?
Of course not. Posting anonymously is totally acceptable. Trips and names are only optional for character identification. It helps us know who you are if you use a name, but don't feel pressed to do so.

>What can I NOT do?
Please keep lewd to a minimum.
No godmodding - This means that you cannot own six Arceus or something equally silly. You CAN own a legendary or two, but keep it realistic, please.

More information to come.

Have fun.
>>
File: 15 - 1.png (180 KB, 384x412) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.png
180 KB, 384x412
>>44446550
>Do you guys have an IRC?
Yes. It is highly recommended that you join! We do RP in here as well. The following links are different IRC clients for our channel.
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=/vp/oc
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#/vp/oc
http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23/vp/OC&server=irc.rizon.net
>>
>>44446577
>I want to create a character, but I can't draw.
Use the following links:
http://www.dreamself.me/clothes.php?action=view&id=0
http://pochi.eek.jp/m_kisekae.html
http://rinmarugames.com/game/?game_id=421
http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-trainer-Creator-v-2-257074027
>>
>you have a literal board exclusively for this shit, use that, fags
We tried, we got kicked out.
>>
Alright... Let's see what the mods here think of me...

Anyone need a Gardevoirite? Someone thought it would be really funny to give it to me for Christmas knowing how I feel about Fairy Types.
>>
>>44446768
Yeah, I doubt that's something you want to give away, specially here of all places.

You should sell it, they can get pretty expensive.
>>
I live next to a huge dump.
Anyone have any advice for keeping trubbish out of my shed? My mother's Delcatty is not up to the job.
>>
>>44446550

Seems like a good place to ask.

So I have this idea for an ET Grunt named Brandon, his team is the venomoth pictured, I think a drowsee and probably some rodent like a Rattata or a Zubat, but I was wondering what kind of character to make him into.

>>44446607
Any more you wanted to do in the IRC RP? also testing is spoilers work on this board forgive my massive faggotry
>>
File: brandon prototype.jpg (24 KB, 424x628) Image search: [Google]
brandon prototype.jpg
24 KB, 424x628
It would help if i wasnt retarded
>>
>>44447081
I had fun with the IRC RP. Just tell me when you would like to continue or do it again sometime
>>
>>44446550
>>>/vp/
>>
>>44446813

Very true... Especially since it's Waifumonite.

I could get a ton of money for thissssss...!
>>
>>44447160
see >>44446622

>>44446999
Have you tried a psychic type? I've heard they are good at protecting houses.
>>
>>44446999

Mincinno. They are the antithesis of Trubbish.
>>
>>44447256
There aren't that many psychic type pokémon that live near by. Maybe because there so many poison types? I know they're strong against them but there are a lot of poison types living in the dump.
We even have a several Muk.
>>
>>44447432
Try some Ground or Steel types, Poison types tend to stay away from them.
>>
>>44446622
then why are you bringing it here? why not /trash/ or /s4s/ or /b/?
>>
>>44447507
isn't this the traditional gaming board? this is standard roleplaying, which as traditional as gaming gets.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>44447636
Nope. It is a board for discussion of traditional games, not for the playing of them. There are plenty of forums that are pokemon related, go play your freeform there or go to your appropriate boards of /vp/ or /trash/ or /b/.
>>
File: jjjjjj.png (4 KB, 445x96) Image search: [Google]
jjjjjj.png
4 KB, 445x96
>>44447710
>>
>>44447710
>quest threads
>cyoa threads
>"your freeform doesn't go here!"
this is essentially a cyoa centered in a single universe with a base set of rules and a bunch of anons creating characters and stories within it, discussing them and how well they would fit in this thread. if that isn't /tg/ then I don't know what is.
>>
>>44447710
>has a literal command to roll die

How do you deal with a lazy Jolteon? It used to be pretty playful, but lately it just lays down to sleep.
>>
>>44447854
Sounds bad. Is it lethargic and lazy, or are there other symptoms?

How sudden is the laziness? Could also just be because it's cold.
A nice fleece blanket would warm it up and also produce a lot of static to charge up its fur and give it more energy
>>
>>44447854
You better believe we do. Welcome to /tg/, you don't even need the other boards anymore.

Anyway, I've just arrived in Virbank. Sandra can probably handle Roxie, but is there anything else I should be aware of?
>>
>>44447823
I think the best comparison would be to the wizard council threads you see every so often.
You make a character and play them interacting with the other characters in the thread.
>>
>>44447946
One day it suddenly just went to sleep after playing, about 3 days ago.

It eats and everything, but it won't move at all.
>>
>>44447970
Those threads are also semi-regularly deleted.
>>
Unovafag here. My dad is going on a business trip to Hoenn and offered me to come with and do some sightseeing.
Any locals here with some tips? I'm probably gonna do the tourist stuff (like Slateport market/beach, Mossdeep Space Center, Lavaridge hot springs, etc.) regardless, so I'd love to know some of the cooler spots not everyone might know about. Good places to eat, nice hiking trails, etc.
>>
>>44447994
maybe he just needs something to charge him up?
>>
File: 022.png (54 KB, 289x361) Image search: [Google]
022.png
54 KB, 289x361
I'm confused, what does /vp/ even do all day if not this? There's not that much to talk about just the games and cartoon is there?
Finding out you can't roleplay Pokémon on the Pokémon board is blowing my mind a little. What's that board even for in that case? Sharing friend codes and nothing else?
>>
>>44448102
we're just as confused as you anon. we agree that this would be best suited in the pokemon board, but the pokemon board feels it is not. our next best bet would be the traditional gaming board, since this is pretty much a traditional form of the video games/anime
>>
>>44447854
>How do you deal with a lazy Jolteon? It used to be pretty playful, but lately it just lays down to sleep.

Jolteons use the Triboelectric effect to charge their fur with positive charges, they rely on this electrical energy to produce certain hormones. If your jolteon spends a lot of time indoor you should make sure you have a surface that it can use to charge its fur like vinyl, silicone rubber or ebonite.
>>
>>44448102
Take a look if you dare, my friend. Just don't stay long, or you'll question your sanity.

>>44448044
I'll try that, let me see if it works.
>>
>>44447295
Aren't they also really high maintenance?
>>
>>44448102
They usually just bitch about the mechanics of the games and the janitors hardly ever get rid of the lolicon threads flooding it.
>>
>>44448102
Lots of genwars, waifu threads, etc. It's the same things being discussed everyday. Lack of a new game announcement has made it very dull.
>>
>>44447994
Could be mildly ill, but if its not vomiting or bleeding then its most likely >>44448044. Best of luck, I'm no nurse but thats the most thorough advice I can give.

>>44448102
Shitposting the exact same image 50 times in a row, or a different image with the same text.
And talking about Pokemon Shuffle and Super Mystery Dungeon.
Its not very fun, which is why I became a regular poster in these threads.

Oh and >>44448169 whining about a fan-created meta banning things
>>
>>44448167

Not that I know of. They love to clean. They will clean just about ANYTHING, and people tend to have them as pets for that reason.
>>
>>44446550
What does this have to do with traditional games?
>>
>>44448159
nobody reacting to my advice :(
>>
Anyone else think alto mare is haunted or is it just me? I keep finding windows and doors being in the position I didn't leave them in. Any ideas?
>>
>>44448244
see:
>>44447823
>>44447854
>>
>>44448226

I remember worse shitposting.

Stuff like "Master, I...", " Are you simgle? ", Bianca farting and endless Garybombing.

And furries. Lots of furries.
>>
>>44447970
Those threads are not for roleplaying. They are for poking fun at fantasy cliches. There are no roles, no identities, and no narratives.
>>
>>44448167
DON'T EVER SLEEP ON IT'S TAIL/SCARF

It's addictive, and once you can't sleep unless you are on it, they will make you do whatever they want before letting you sleep, at least wild ones do. I think bred individuals are normal.

>>44448226
I just started petting it with a towel to create static and it seems to be a bit more active. It's scratching it's head.
>>
File: pfft no.gif (1 MB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
pfft no.gif
1 MB, 400x310
>>44448281
>And furries. Lots of furries.
>>
File: 1283545451382.jpg (395 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1283545451382.jpg
395 KB, 1000x773
>>44448163
I swear I remember it being good. And with the occasional in-universe roleplay thread, aside from the Team Rocket one.
Then again I also remember the pokedick threads with that one namefag professor. But then again I liked and contributed to those.

Still weird this isn't a /vp/ thread, but I guess I understand why you moved at least. Jesus that board is not as I remember it.
>>
Thread is kill in /vp/. Alfred, do you still plan on making another one later to let the others know about the move?
>>
>>44448302

Alright, "Master, I..." variants are clogging up the front page, yet again!

LEGENDARY POKEMON THREAD!

(OOC: Second name is the one I used when furry was being posted on /vp/)
>>
>>44448300
>it seems to be a bit more active.
Alright! My worst fears are gone, good to hear.

>>44448362
Just put OOC text in spoilers. Im sure thats done in other /tg/ threads but it always has been here.
>>
>>44448325
He's been doing that in the IRC. Also another guy suggested we could make a pastebin FAQ including stuff like rules, character creation guides and why we're here instead of /vp/.
>>
>>44448325
Naturally. Some people, like King or Adam are still away
>>44448281
>implying you weren't the furposter
>>44448159
I'll set up some of it around the house, thanks.
>>
>>44448404

Oh, I was a MASSIVE furposter! One of the most prolific!
>>
>>44448449
And nothing has changed
>>
>>44448473

Except that I furpost on /b/ now.
>>
I've had a Charizard circling my land (I live rurally, lots of land) for the past six hours and it's beginning to unsettle me. Does anybody know a way I can nudge it away without provoking it too badly?
>>
>>44448506
/b/'s full of lewd shit anyway.
>>
>>44448525
Throw a rock.
>>
>>44448525

It's hungry. Dragon Types tend to circle farms when hungry: it's called stalking prey.

Want me to come over and help?
>>
>>44448525
A wild starter mon's not something you see every day. Anyhow, it might be searching for something to challenge, at least that's what my dex is saying.
>>
>>44448568
He said nudge it, not kill it.

Try to get near it and see if you can find out what it wants

>>44448569
I don't think it wants to eat you out, Femme.
>>
>>44448506
Just take it straight to /trash/. They'll probably appreciate it more.
>>
>>44448604

That's not the help I meant!

I was offering my expertise on Dragon Types!
>>
>>44448569
I know why it's there, what's unsettling is that it hasn't eaten anything yet. We have a lot of animals here so we do budget for wild dragon types picking off the occasional Ponyta or even Tauros.

Normally the wild Charizard stay further out towards the mountains but we've had a really long heatwave (southern hemisphere) and I think they're starting to get more bold. Thinking about calling animal control.
>>
>>44448013
Sinnohfag here, and I second that request. I'm going to be taking a similar trip in summer with some of my friends, and we're hoping to find some great local places to visit. Any Hoennites willing to share the wealth?
>>
>>44448649

Towards the mountains? Charizard tend to love mountains. What region are you closest to?
>>
>>44448699
You haven't been to Mt.Pyre yet, have you? It has a beautiful graveyard - You might want to pay your respects.
>>
these threads would be better without the pokemon world locations
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d6)

Well, I'm going to get some static inducing things, since apparently Jolteon feeds on static electricity.

test roll
>>
>>44448710
In New Zealand. My area is in a basin surrounded by mountains, so you can probably imagine the types we have to deal with.

We had an Onix damage a lot of the rural powerlines a few weeks back, too.

I have plenty of water types on hand for irrigation but I'd really rather not just blast this thing out of the sky. They are a protected species after all.
>>
>>44448710
It occured to me I may have misunderstood. I thought you were going for augmented reality type "pokemon exist in rea life as we know it", but might be doing "we live in pokeland"
>>
>>44448809
Protected species, When did that happen? I thought there'd be more of them due to charmander eggs being made all the time by unethical breeders.
>>
>>44448842
It's the later, but outside world can be referenced.
>>
>>44448842
I also misunderstood, in that case. Disregard my dumbness.
>>
>>44448717
Hell, the whole area around Mt. Pyre is absolutely gorgeous. Routes 119, 120 and 123 are filled to the brim with vivid grass and rainforests, plus there's one of the region's largest berry gardens down in 123.
>>
Guys, for no particular reason -
Do Machokes have a penis?
>>
Selling High Grade Ditto Bred Poke Eggs, cheap price and bound to give you the hand rearing experience. Contact me at

sfdghjk;juygrtu
>>
>>44448994
Nope. They don't even wear clothes, the black parts are just marks!
>>
Hey, posted yesterday when I was stuck in the rain. Wanted to thank the dude who let me use his cave, I cleaned up the Zubat stuff around it as thanks and also left some gratitude by the Bionacles (which were awesome by the way) they're left holding some money and a drawing of a stick figure giving a thumbs up
>>
>>44449001
You have a ditto ... ?

If so please get in contact with Evan sometime before Friday and attempt to get a golett egg.
I would prefer it be his but if you have a Golett already I would be glad to buy it off you, as long as it comes with a guarantee that its the correct Pokemon species. No shady business, I am a professional breeder mind you.

Or I could always buy the Ditto itself.
>>
Oh, fun times. Sylveon's gone and eaten the cord for my mom's phone's charger, Reuniclus still wants to sleep on top of the fridge despite the fact we got him a bed and Meowstic will not stop hugging my stepdad's shoes.
>>
>>44449026
Disappointing

Which Pokémon are best to buy for sexual purposes?

I'm bi sexual, so I'm interested in both female and make looking ones
>>
>>44449175
none
sorry pal
>>
File: 284.jpg (31 KB, 720x422) Image search: [Google]
284.jpg
31 KB, 720x422
I've been thinking of moving back to Albion, I'm feeling s bit homesick and it'd be nice to be among family.
Thing is, I've been living here for a while, and I have caught and raised a couple pokémon. Most notably is my Flygon, best gal. But while I'm living nearby to her natural habitat she's fine, but Albion is cold and wet, both subjectively and objectively.
What should I do to help accommodate a desert sandragon to damp fields of green?
>>
>>44449175
go back to /hm/, buddy
>>
>>44449175
You could but a Bulbasaur and tie the knot around your neck and hang from a tree :v)

Ask Femme about it.

>>44449238
>albion

Excuse me? Oh, and maybe there are caves where it can reside.

That's some dope ass name for UK.
>>
>>44446550
Doctor said I should get a pokemon to help with my GAD. Any suggestions?
Keep in mind that he doesn't want me to have one that would hurt me or my famity and friends.
>>
>>44449238
Turn the garage Into a miniature desert. It might get expensive with the insulation and heat lamps but it's the best way to slowly introduce your dragon to a foreign environment. Change the heat by a degree or two a day and the humidity until she's adjusted. If you dot have money just buy a simple large heat lamp she can use to sleep under.
>>
>>44449190
>implying there is something wrong in fucking your Pokémon
>implying it's somehow worse than making it fight
Come on moralfag, we both know that they are our slaves
Whatever personal connection you think you have with your poke is just you projecting human concepts on what is essentially just a mindless mutant
>>
>>44449296
Try getting an abra. The thing is the chillest kind of Pokemon I know, though you may find that having a phsycic Pokemon will open your mind to a lot of new things.
>>
>>44449175
Go to the /b/lack market for that kinda stuff and ask around. I'd rather keep away from the Pokemon sex trade.
>>
>>44449296
Well the obvious suggestion would be a Chansey (or any of its evos) or an Audino but honestly pretty much any pokemon can help, you just need to find the right fit.
my suggestion would be something soft and cuddly and lazy. snubbull?
>>
>>44449296
My Sylveon and my Swampert are really good at helping me calm down when I'm having major anxiety episodes. Though, if you're looking for one that isn't a major potential threat a physical powerhouse like Swampert probably isn't the best option.
>>
>>44448569
Charizards aren't dragon-type, no matter how closely they're related.

That being said, I think my Fraxure might have chipped one of its tusks when it was fighting a Graveller. What should I do?
>>
What's your guys' opinions about the rise of the underground rare Pokemon breeding circles?
>>
File: 304.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
304.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>44449294
Caves in a city? I guess I could look into a place further out with some geology around and commute in.
Albion also means Scotland and Wales, it's the island's name. I'm secretly hoping that one day we get a game there. I want white chalk pokémon and church grims.

>>44449300
Garages aren't the most common thing around, but I could find a place with one. I think this is a winner. I've done something similar before on a smaller scale.
Oh and battling trainer by trade, ask me anything I guess.
>>
>>44449374
>black market
>sex trade
You know that everybody is doing it right?

There is literally no laws against it

You think all those lonely middle-aged women are getting all those tentacruels just because they want a pet?
There is literally no laws against it
>>
>>44449296
>GAD
Try a cuddly one, like an Eevee or a Growlithe. If you're into dark types, a Poochyena might be good, too.
>>
>>44449471
Yeah. I've still got those Arcian religious principles ingrained into my subconscious and conscious mind so all that stuff makes me feel ugly.
>>
>>44449471
>no laws against it
Except there are, except for filthy Kalosians and hillbilly Celestics on Sinnoh.
>>44449464
Or you can build an indoors desert.

Pretty sure that's the next region, but it's going to be raining all the time.
>>
>>44449528
It would be so cool having a region based on Scotland. Hopefully Game Freak's 3D skills will have improved enough to give whatever region Gen VII will be justice.
>>
>>44449464
My ex had a Sandile and to keep that thing happy she had a home-made sunrock for it to lay on, maybe you can make something to scale of Flygon? The only issue is space, you're gonna have to find someplace to put a large rock, but you could just keep a heating pad on and under it (or if your Flygon knows any fire moves, that could heat it) and it would give it sustainable heat and comfort-- just like home.
Maybe some pictures of a desert as a finishing touch!
>>
I've always wanted to be a Dragon Master; how do I become one? Is there like a school I could go to, or is it just something called people who have dragon type pokémon?
>>
If you MUST do this here, please at least attempt to use something we've created to justify your presence.

>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Tabletop_Adventures
>>
>>44449653
If you mean an actual Dragon Master, like Lance or Clair, then you're SOL as you have to be a part of their clan or family or whatever.
>>
>>44449681
thank you
>>
File: pokemon.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44449681
> not also linking to PTU

pleb

There is also this.
>>
>>44449681
>completely devoiding the point of the threads
Oh, and we ain't leaving, so if it's too much of a hassle for you you can always filter us.

>>44449653
Just the people that are REALLY good with Dragons get to use that title, so it's hard. You can always be a Dragon Tamer, though.
>>
>>44449681
>>44449738
>>44449783
couldn't we make our own homebrew, instead of these? a similar concept with a bit of tweaking?
>>
>be me at 14
>grow up near Mt Moon
>the shitty side with fuck all for miles
>clefairy constantly stealing my shit at night
>see geodude beating the shit out of a zubat
>fucking awesome
>feel bad for zubat
>have no Pokemon of my own
>greatidea.jpg
>throw pokeball at geodude
>miss
>hit zubat
>my first pokemon is a goddamn zubat
>nurse it back to life
>never leaves me alone
>actually grows on me
>get invited to travel with some other kids
>friends of mom, can't say no
>zubats are as useless as you think they are

I stuck with her and now at 26 years old, I have this fucking crobat that I wouldn't trade for the world. Seriously though, I was stuck raising a zubat for years. Ama.
>>
File: 088.png (251 KB, 767x883) Image search: [Google]
088.png
251 KB, 767x883
>>44449617
>>44449528
A garage with heat stones/lamps with sand and a good theme should keep everything good. I'll bring it up tomorrow and see how she reacts. My other pokémon should transition easily, it's just the Flygon that I'm worried about.
One thing I'm also planning to do in this case is get a couple dehumidifiers. Dry heat is best for flygon.

>>44449653
Kind of depends really. There's a couple ancient families that claim you have to be in their ranks, but most people just call anyone with dragons a dragon master.
I take it all with a pinch of salt, I've seen accredited dragon masters basically only there due to nepotism and actually talented trainers left out in the cold.
>>
>>44449841
Crobats are fucking good, though. I fought this one chick who swept like two of my 'mons with her Crobat just because of how fucking fast it was.
>>
>>44449841
Did you manage to get the Clefairy to stop stealing your shit now that you had a Poison-type?
>>
>>44449847
what other kind of pokemon do you have?
>>
>>44449710 >>44449783 >>44449847
Well my Grandmother was a Dragon Tamer I guess, I know that she raised some pretty strong dragon-types before she died.
>>
>>44449783
Freeform RP ain't /tg/ content you arrogant ass. Even quest threads have some form of structure.
>>
My friend gave me a Sprittomb as a joke for Christmas, the creepy fuck. How do I take care of this thing. It's just sitting there. I own a Charmeleon and Kadabra if it matters. Does it eat? Does it sleep? Can it get sick? I don't know jack about ghost types.
>>
>>44449941
How the fuck did he even get his hands on one of those? That's shit is seriously bad news. I'd release it ASAP, if I were you.
>>
>>44449941
Mate, I hate to break it to you but you may be a tad completely fucked. Some of the regulars know Ghost-types, maybe they can help when they come on.
>>
>>44449941
I would run away or something, those things are evil.

Did you know that it takes 108 penant souls from the most wicked, evil people, chained to a rock as a punishment to eternity to creat one?
>>
>>44449941
A Spiritomb for Christmas? Your friend sounds cruel. Spiritomb is a vicious Ghost type. I wouldn't even get near one.

They don't need to eat - Ghost types gain sufficient energy from other things, but traditional food is still fine.

>Does it sleep?
Absolutely not. Neither will it let you sleep. There is a reason for why few people own Spiritomb.

Ah, well. It's yours now. You're stuck with it. I'd wish you good luck, but you'd need more than that at this point.
>>
>>44449968
I have no idea he gets into some wierd shit and always encourages me to drop everything, buy some tickets and some Pokeballs and run off to fuck knows where to go on an adventure. He usually crashes in my place for a few days after.
>>44450017
Isn't that just some silly legend. Like Drifloon's trying to kidnap children?
>>
So I sold a tauros and got an exterminator to come and try to take care of my bunneary problem, he set a bunch of traps but tells me there isnt much he can guarantee since the little fuckers are breeding at an exponential rate. you would thing the ekans population would keep them down but nope. I got a growlith to help patrol the garden but the little pup has to sleep sometime. I am honestly considering getting a moat dug around my yard or maybe a spike pit.
>>
>>44447160
>>44448102
VP is literally for furry pokemon porn now.
>>
>>44448102
Funny thing is, there's no rule against role-playing in /vp/, it's just janitors and/or mods deleting threads for no reason.
>>
>>44450054
Oh, you wish it was just a legend. It's completely true.
>>
>>44450054
Who knows if it's legend or not, but Spiritombs are genuinely some of the most malicious Pokemon I've ever come across.

>Like Drifloon's trying to kidnap children?
Do you not remember when the one little girl got attacked in like the Sevii Islands by a Hypno? Weird shit happens with Pokemon all the time, dude.
>>
>>44450054
Well, it does weight 108 Kg, it's base defenses are both 108, and it appears on Route 108.

So there's that.
>>
File: 32162781_p0.jpg (607 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
32162781_p0.jpg
607 KB, 1280x720
Might as well throw an ID tag on

>>44449841
Crobats are brobats. Though they definitely are better as a second or third pokémon. Impressive you trained one up solo.

>>44449890
A Breloom, which should be fine with damp and coolness. Jolteon -going to buy one of those coats- and a Porygon 1.0 which.. Isn't really effected by climate.
Generally tour the small tournaments. Triple battles and the like.

>>44449908
Wouldn't hurt to try I suppose. They love the idea of talent being hereditary it seems.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>
>>44450127
108's a pretty superstitious number, something like the amount of temptations you have to overcome to achieve nirvana. I don't understand how something so small can weigh so much. Odd Keystones are fucking tripped up.
>>
>>44450138
see >>44446622
>>44447823
>>44447854
and all of the replies to >>44448102
>>
What would be the best pokemon to get if I wanted to take my house off the grid and not pay for electricity anymore?
>>
>>44450204
rotom
a bunch of rotom
>>
>>44450204
You'd probably need a metric fuckton of Electric-types to be able to pull off something like that, not to mention thaf it sounds like a really bad idea.
>>
>>44450204
Elekid or magnemite
maybe some fire type
Why you going off the grid though?
>>
>>44450204
Problem with that is electric pokémon are either not strong enough or can't be consistent enough to really be effective. >>44450236 is about right.
Machinery Pokémon, rather than animal ones. They're better at creating a stable source.

Honestly though it's not really worth it. Solar panels and wind turbines are better. Heard one guy had a ninetails with drought and a ton of solar panels and had power to spare. Problem is you need a lot of startup capital for that.
>>
>>44449870
Yea, she's definitely a speedster, even when I ride her. Pro tip: stay low. High speed + high fall = broken bones.

>>44449886
Yes, actually. Fun story, I am queen of the zubats apparently. After I got mine, I wasn't so much bothered by them in the mountain itself as followed by. Most of my excursions ended at night, so they would follow me home to my parent's ranch and just sort of hang out. Well, the full moon had arrived and those pink assholes were out in full force. Me and Charla, was Charles until I found out she was not a dudebat, had planned to chase them off. Well, we were out gunned by about 12 of them. You don't know true fear until you're surrounded by 12 derpy faces of pink rage. All of the sudden, Charla makes this noise and starts flapping like crazy, and out of nowhere, this cloud of zubats descends on us. They go start going at the clefairy, meanwhile I'm standing there with this vortex of zubats around me. The clefairy ran off, and the zubats just sort hung out in the fields all night. Never had to worry about the clefairy after that.

I had to explain to my mother that we now had a barn full of Zubats, but it all worked out in the end. I mean, yea, I had to take care of about 30 other wild zubats for like a year before I left, but my parents liked them because A) they kept the clefairy away and B) they liked to eat the bugs that were attracted to my dad's potatoes. Win/Win.

I'm like a zubat specialist now. The little Shitters grow on you, but fuck if they aren't completely useless in a real fight until they evolve.
>>
>>44450120
>Spiritombs are genuinely some of the most malicious Pokemon I've ever come across.
It seems pretty chill. I managed to get it to eat something. Can it(they?) be trained or something? Because it seems pretty well behaved already. In any case, does anyone know where I can learn about ghost type care? They seem pretty low maintenance.
>>
Seriously though, can I get some advice on my Fraxure's tusk? I honestly didn't think this would happen,
>>
File: tmp_24749-Blaziken-2138354845.jpg (27 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24749-Blaziken-2138354845.jpg
27 KB, 340x340
>>44450361
That's just fucking incredible.
>>
>>44450373
It should grow back, but for now just keep it bandaged so it doesn't try to scratch stuff with it. If it's really bad, get the pokemon center to glue it back on.
>>
>>44450363
>trained
I mean. They're Pokemon, so yes.

Just be very careful about how you go about it-- I don't like ghost types, but my grandparents were huge ghost type trainers. I remember the best piece of advice they gave me was "just don't fuck with them".
>>
>>44450363
That's odd. Spiritomb tend to be incredibly aggressive. It looks like you got lucky - You won't be dying today.

There might be a few books out there to teach you about Ghosts, but I believe that the best way to learn about them is by becoming a ghost yourself~
>>
>>44450373
Uh, don't Axew lose their tusks' regenerative capabilities after evolving? Dude you should probably find a Pokemon Center or something.
>>
>>44450373
There isn't a whole lot you CAN do. Faxure tusks don't heal back if chipped. Give it a whetstone and let it sharpen it's blades again, and some time out of serious fights to adapt to the potentially weakened blade. They're tough little 'mons and as a species know how to compensate.
Time, TLC, personal sharpening time and practice bouts. Which is sort of what Fraxure need in general anyway.

>>44450361
That's damned impressive. Man, I wish I'd got zubats to like me as much. They can be a real pain for cave travellers.
>>
>>44450507
>Give it a whetstone and let it sharpen it's blades again
Hmm, do you think a whetstone might work for a Honedge?
>>
>>44450131
Brobats indeed. Trust me, though, my friends were not happy about it. It got a lot better when I found my Eevee, even better still when she finally evolved. I think she was jealous of Eevee, to be honest.

Side note, if you've never seen an Umbreon herd Zubat, you're missing out.

>>44450411
>>44450507

Yup. I used to hate them, too. Truthfully, I give all the credit to Charla.
>>
>>44446550
This is a board for tradional games dammit, so stay on topic.

How the hell do I keep my friend's Alakazam from cheating when we play tabletop and board games? Genius or not, I strongly suspect he is using his psychic powers to cheat the dice rather than any of this "I know how to roll really well stuff. I have a gardevoir if it helps.
>>
>>44450545
I'm honestly not sure. I know fraxure from some time with dragons, but..
Well they ARE swords, honedge. Sword care does seem appropriate. I'd start with cleaning, oiling and polishing to begin with.
Honing edges involves removing metal which might not be good for a pokémon which is itself living metal. Plus pokémon are a little odd at times, might be self sharpening.

>>44450593
How.. How do you even herd flying Pokémon without flying yourself? You should upload a recoding some time.
>>
>>44450657
Use a tablet and digital dice. Unless he has future sight then flip the table.
>>
>>44450657
>outsmarting a 5000IQ genius

Yeah, that's not going to work. At all.

I'd probably just roll on a phone or something.
>>
>>44450593
I've seen my sister's Umbreon corral a flock of Woobat and then fuck them all up at once with a Dark Pulse. Given that this is Unova and Zubat are suprisingly rare, I think this is the closest I'll get to seeing something like that for quite a while.
>>
>>44450657
There are certain materials psychic types can't move,like Stainless Steel or other synthetic materials. I'm pretty sure you can find some dice made from those, considering the demand for it.
>>
>>44450679
I'd imagine the umbreon was flying on charla or something.
>>44450657
Just get one of the button push digital dice rolling things for him. Just be cautious since if he gets salty there's nothing saving your rolls from turning all up failures via phsycic powers.
>>44450720
You do know the 5,000 IQ is a myth?
>>
Anyone got tips for grooming a growlithe? My husband just took my daughter out to catcher her first Pokemon and she managed to capture a growlithe and I've never had to groom one before.
>>
>>44446550
Hey, you guys did actually come. Welcome to /tg/.
>>
File: 1448384184458.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448384184458.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
Here is a pastebin with tons of information. It will be used for the OP of all following threads.

http://pastebin.com/GpywCu8M
>>
>>44450932
I've brushed my grandmother's Growlithe with a long wire brush before but that's all I know about grooming mons with thick fur, apart from how he REALLY didn't like getting baths.
>>
>>44450932
Wash it twice a month or so and brush in one directions 50 times, then the other direction 50 times. Mix a raw egg into its food to give it a healthy coat and make sure it gets a lot of exercise
>>
>>44450932
Just brush them regularly. They don't really get dirty, so they won't exactly need like regular baths or anything.

That said, if you *do* give them a bath, I think they generally prefer hot water; mine does, at least.
>>
>>44450361
I am in awe of your skills and also find it amusing we both explored the same place at the same age but I suppose thats not too significant for Pokemon trainers.
>>
>>44450932
Don't shed as much as you might think. They need the fur for insulation.
That's about all I know, I just know someone who owns one, never dealt with one myself.
>>
>>44451008
But growlithe is fire type, wont water hurt it?
>>
>>44451118
Water should only hurt it if it's scalding hot or used in an attack.
>>
>>44451118
If you blast it with a stream of pressurized water from a fire hydrant then YES.
>>
>>44451118
Like >>44451023 said, warm water is best for cleaning them.
>>
>>44451118
Not a bath, no. Unless fire types are damaged by rain or splash 'attacks' and I never noticed.
My Flygon has a taste for popcicles for instance. Worst she's ever gotten from the ice is brain freeze.

>>44451151
Now I'm curious, should fire types get very hot baths or normal?
>>
>>44451172
I assume most fire types would turn a bath scalding hot on its own.
>>
>>44451172
Depends on the fire type. Some fire types are better at resisting heat than others. Consult your local Nurse Joy if you're worried, but your pokemon can make it's preferences clear to you through tone and body language.
>>
>>44451172
Well a charmander obviously shouldn't be taking baths at all.
>>
>>44450679
Scent mostly. They can spray poison from their pores, and frequently hunt them in the wild by luring them in by scent.

>>44450732
Oh wubat. I thought I'd like them, but I don't. They don't have the same appeal. Watching Umbreon hunt, never gets old. If they're hunting wubat, even better.

>>44451024
It's a big place, and tourists love it because of the clefairy because they don't know how shitty they are. Where about where you?
>>
>>44451247
Well clearly. The Charmander line are in the minority though, most pokémon don't have a constant flame that they require to keep functioning.
Numel line shouldn't as well, water in their hollow humps isn't good for them. I guess slugma as well, but if you're trying to bathe a literal lava slug I'm not sure you should be responsible for a pokémon.

>>44451231
Isn't a hard rule then. Makes sense.
>>
>>44451172
Depends on which Fire-type it is. Obviously you wouldn't bathe a Slugma or a Torkoal or something. I don't know about Charmander thoigh given the whole tail thing. With mammalian ones like Vulpix, Growlithe or Fennekin you've just got to keep the water relatively warm like for a human. Like some of the others are saying it'd probably be best if you checked up at a Pokemon Center to see if a Fire-type is safe to bathe.
>>
>>44451520
>>44451372
Charmander and relatives are really clean creatures. They typically dust bath themselves in the wild, but you can take a somewhat moist cloth to them if they really trust them.
>>
>>44451598
Sponge baths are pretty good for Pokémon who aren't good with being submerged as a whole. Electric pokémon for instance can find it uncomfortable.

You can also buy this microdust stuff that absorbs scents and polishes for pokémon to use in dust baths. Used to be dubious until I tried one of the better brands and works very well. Expensive af unless you're planning to enter a contest though. Wouldn't recommend as a regular purchase.
>>
>>44451261
I live in kind of the middle of Pewter. Or I did when i was younger, I moved out now of course.

If you see a bunch of flowers, you might find some Marowak footprints.
>>
MY PORYGON-Z JUST PUT A FUCK TON OF CP ON MY COMPUTER!

AM I GOING TO GET ARRESTED?!
>>
>>44451798
Burn your computer and get some antivirus for your porygon as punishment. Also, get the history off of your porygon and report the sites anonymously to the police.
>>
>>44451798
Yes, because you blamed the pokemon for what you did.
>>
>>44451823
I just got this computer too. Damn it. Will do though.
>>44451841
It didn't do anything. It pulled pranks and shit when it was Porygon and Porygon 2, but recently it's just gotten malicious. I knew Porygon-Z's were more active but this is just mean.
>>
File: program_running_in_background.png (35 KB, 223x223) Image search: [Google]
program_running_in_background.png
35 KB, 223x223
>>44451798
Did you do anything to annoy your Porygon recently?
Also no. Cybercrime divisions have porygons, rotom and the like who should be able to tell who downloaded those files.
That said you might want to save necessary files and destroy that old harddrive. And sit your pokémon down and have a bit talk on what is not okay. And possibly human mating habits, it might not have understood what it was doing.

Porygon can be a handful, but they're generally not malicious.
>>
>>44449817
Dude, /tg/ helped make both PTA and PTU (plus pokethulhu and others).
>>
Any one have trouble with the Pokemon Ethicall Treatment Agencies?

PETA came down hard on me last time my skitty got stuck in a tree hunting bird Pokemon
>>
>>44451982
Are they related to Plasma by any chance?
>>
>>44451982
How does a Skitty even get up a tree on those stubby little legs?
>>
>>44451982
[grumbling intensifies]
"Oh no you shouldn't battle pokémon! That's so cruel!"
She's a dragon. A dragon. How do you even *stop* them fighting? All of nature is fighting in some form or another.

Once or twice yes. Flew away. Bunch of hypocrites and idiots.
>>
>>44451982
I've heard they throw fits over just about anything. I suppose it's hard to ignore such a boisterous group too.

What is the Westboro Baptist Church of the Pokemon world?
>>
>>44452052
I think there's a branch the broke off a little more legitimate same crazy

Though I've only heard of them taking Pokemon legally or by technicality
>>
How is Tyrogue babby formed?
>>
>>44451982
Have you SEEN their so called "adoption centers"? The places are kill shelters with isn't freezers in the back to hold the corpses for disposal. They're huge hypocrites.
>>
>>44446550
when I was a kid all the fan fics I wrote were growlithe/arcanine theme'd
>>
>>44452138
Ahahahahahaha NO. Plasma sure as hell didn't legally repossess mons.
>>
>>44452132
Probably those church people from Hearthome City
>>
>>44452293
I went through that phase man. Nothing is more cringe than reading your old fanfic about a Mary Sue who married a gardevoir and defeated the elite four with just ninja moves. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
>>
>>44452337
>gardevoir
What the hell is up with people and gardevoirs?
They're like twigs wrapped in a bed sheet. I can kinda understand Lopunny, if you were a furry, but I never understood Gardevoir's appeal.
>>
>>44451982
I heard they showed up at my parent's ranch while I was away and were attacked by a bunch of angry zubat when they broke into their shed. Last I heard, they haven't been back.
>>
So uh, due to some kind of defect or degradation on his Pokeball, I now have a thirty foot long giant mineral snake giving me the 'oh shit' look.

So uh, any ideas on a good place to house a loose Steelix until this is sorted out? I already tried using another ball to no effect, so I'm guessing something has to be done about the original. That or my Steelix is pranking me.
Help?
>>
>>44452424
God knows. What's even scarier is that the Ralts line are in the Amorphous egg group. Just dwell on that for a second, man - it may look humanoid but it sure as hell ain't.
>>
>>44452424
They're fiercely devoted, of near-human intelligence and very potently psychic. Even setting aside their.... fanbase, you can imagine the kind of sneaky bullshit that can be accomplished. Comparable Psychic types tend to be more on the mischevious side. Good at helping with antics, bad at not blowing your cover, you know?
>>
>>44452442
You did formally release his original ball right? Pokéballs tag pokémon as owned these days. Putting the original in a PC input slot and selecting the option should do it, unless it's an older model. Then a new ball can be used to 'capture' the Steelix.
Unless the problem is storage until you can get to a PC.. I don't suppose you could just leave him where he is? If he's uncatchable, then what exactly could happen to the giant metallic serpent? Graffiti?
>>
>>44452588
I think the problem is he wants to be able to move the steelix without leaving a giant trench wherever he goes.
>>
>>44452520
Mischievous doesn't even begin to describe my mom's Meowstic. That stoic look's the world's greatest lie.
>>
File: The worst.png (1 MB, 849x1199) Image search: [Google]
The worst.png
1 MB, 849x1199
> then what exactly could happen to the giant metallic serpent?
>>
>>44452650
Oh.
Does anyone in your general vicinity have a particularly strong Pokemon, like Machamp or Charizard? A few of those could probably airlift it.
>>
>>44452720
I can't stop kekking at this picture holy fuck.
>>
>>44452720
I don't get it.
>>
>>44452850
Do you not see the big burning "soon to be slag" Steelix?
>>
>>44449817
>>44451975
there's Pokerole and Pokemon P&P
>>
How can I keep slugma from coming into my yard? They keep leaving these dead areas covered in igneous rock
>>
>>44452932
Moats usually work.
>>
>>44452932
Where the hell do you live where yard Slugma are a problem?
>>
>>44452968
Near yellowstone. Only had them this year though I don't know what's the deal.
>>
>>44452932
Sprinklers
>>
File: 1448383529225.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1448383529225.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
please go back to /vp/ or to /trash/ or to /soc/
>>
What's a fun toy or snack for a Zizagoon.

My little buddy found a wallet with 200 bucks in it.
>>
>>44453001
>near supervolcano
>suddenly slugma
Have you thought about taking a holiday to Europe?
>>
>>44452092
Nature finds a way
>>
>>44453044
Old wallets are good.
>>
>>44453058
what volcano.. I thought the usa only had mt st helens
>>
>>44453093
It's in Wyoming.
>>
>>44453119
I know I live there... I didn't realize yellowstone was a volcano since it's never erupted before
>>
>>44453093
It's supposed to be the largest potential super volcano in the world, but it's dormant right now.
>>
>>44453153
Yeah, because it if does everyone is dead.
>>
>>44453044
They really hate to be bored; try hiding things around the house for them to snack on or giving them simple puzzles they can get their teeth around (literally and metaphorically).

>>44453093
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera
Yellowstone supervolcano.
It's been dormant for a while.
>>
>>44453093
Yellowstone IS a volcano.
Okay exaggerating a little, but yeah. Yellowstone Caldera on Wikipedia has maps and shit
>>
>>44453153
Wikipedia says it hasn't erupted in about 3000 years.
>>
Err...
Si, i have a Meowth latched firmly onto my left thigh, how the fuck do i get him to fucking stop chewing on me?
>>
>>44453044
Best use of Pickup ever.

Anyhow, maybe you could get something like one of those puzzle balls you can put treats in, perhaps?
>>
>>44453153
Don't worry, you'll die quickly.

>>44453194
Scratch behind the ears, then progressing down the spine lightly. Once at tail base, repeat the process. Eventually meowth will forget to attack and anything else.
>>
>>44446550
Why the fuck would you even use humans in a war featuring Pokemon? We know from shit like the anime and pokedex that they can move mountains, unleash kiloton blasts, set entire fields on fucking fire, etc.

Sending out troops with weaponized pokemon might as well be condemning them to death.
>>
File: LavaCreekTuff.jpg (566 KB, 2048x1438) Image search: [Google]
LavaCreekTuff.jpg
566 KB, 2048x1438
>>44453153
>>44453153
>hasn't erupted before

The Island Park Caldera supereruption (2.1 million years ago), which produced the Huckleberry Ridge Tuff, was the largest and produced 2,500 times as much ash as the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption. The next biggest supereruption formed the Yellowstone Caldera (640,000 years ago) and produced the Lava Creek Tuff.
>>
>>44453241
You ultimately need people to manage and command them.
>>
>>44453291
Scary thing is, it erupting now isn't impossible. It's due any time in the next three hundred thousand years IIRC. America could literally explode in ash and fire at any point.
>>
>>44453421
gonna be a bit worse than a few slugma in the yard
>>
File: Brutal.jpg (6 KB, 157x160) Image search: [Google]
Brutal.jpg
6 KB, 157x160
>>44452720
Got the original?
>>
>>44453484
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=510104
>>
>>44453568
Grazie
>>
>battle in doubles regularly
>want to get a lucario and zoroark
>know what people will think of me for having those two
>I just think they'd synergize in battle well you shits
Life is suffering.
>>
>>44453725
Yeah. Lucario are the rarest shits around and zoroark are nearly as rare so trying to get both on a team is nearly impossible unless you raise them from eggs.
>>
>>44453947
I know a guy to get a lucario egg from, which is what got me researching them in double battles. Getting a zorua would be tricky but it's got to be doable.
Both need kinda weird diets and care though, so I'm making sure I've got the research down. Lucario need certain mineral supplements for instance, and at different amounts depending on how soon since evolution, different when riolu and also different again when newly hatched.
Well, it's not -super- necessary, but if you want to raise a good battler you should take care over diet.
>>
>>44446550
There is literally a board for this autistic wankery. We like to keep our autistic wankery traditional games related.

>>>/vp/
>>
>>44454151
Weirdly, /vp/ itself doesn't like pokémon world roleplay.
Quite what the board is even for is beyond me.
>>
>>44454151
Wrong, you can get a ban on /vp/ if you post anything but gay furry pokeporn. I wish I was kidding.
>>
I swear I saw a kabutops last week at the beach, I thought those things qhere extinct.
>>
>>44454367
There was some science lab explosion a few months ago. Apparently they were researching fossil Pokemon. Maybe they Brought some back to life? Or maybe you just saw a very muddy scissor mantis
>>
Oh man, Which which pokemon should I pick for my starter?
>>
>>44454455
What options have you got? You going to a pokémon lab or a family/friend is offering to help you catch one?
>>
>>44451975
And they suck /tg/ is shit at homebrewing
>>
>>44454455
A Ghost type, naturally. Gastly are fairly common at night. Or, you can try your luck with a Phantump.
Or, if that isn't fun enough for you, you could try out something riskier...like a Slugma or a Honedge.
>>
>>44454455
Go for a phsycic type if your lab offers them since they make the best companions. When I went there all I got to choose from was between a meowth, a weedle, and a rattata.
>>
>>44454502
What? haha neither, I'm just going to go out and find one.
>>
>>44454519
Ohhh! A Phantump sounds perfect! Thanks!

>>44454521
Bleh, no thanks. I'd rather not have them reading my mind all the time.
>>
>>44454582
Oh, really? Huh.

They're very cute, actually. And they're not incredibly mischievous like other Ghost types. Hmm, try giving it a Spell Tag sometime. Ghosts love them.
>>
>>44454582
No first stage phsycic type I know can read minds and most don't get that far till their third stage or strong second stage. What you get with the starter phsycic types is a sort of empathy power.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.