[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An easily portable, prep free system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: The Screamer PC 88.gif (186 KB, 448x400) Image search: [Google]
The Screamer PC 88.gif
186 KB, 448x400
What's a system that can fin only a few sheets or paper with character sheets I could fit on index cards? I'm sure I could even use a stopwatch function for a d10 subsitute. I want something I could keep in my purse and just break out to do with friends without preparation. Like for a long boring car ride, to give an example.

inb4 GURPS

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: GURPS 4th - Ultra Lite.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GURPS 4th - Ultra Lite.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44445406

GURPS. No, really. There's a version of GURPS which you can fit in you wallet.

Or Risus.
>>
File: 4cxdMJY.gif (371 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
4cxdMJY.gif
371 KB, 500x281
>>44445632
Well I just got BTFO in kinda the best way, didn't I? That looks pretty usable. Thanks, anon.

I had actually just remembered Cthulu Dark, but this is obviously more versatile.
>>
File: Lasers and Feelings.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Lasers and Feelings.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>44445406
Why don't you carry around a backpack like a normal man
>>
>>44445632
Now, I only skimmed the GURPS book once, and that was a while ago. But I seem to remember there being a lot of lists of abilities and such, which was probably why I dropped the system. If what I remember is true, then isn't that wallet-booklet just about useless?
>>
>>44446546
>>44446546
It seems to basically be a completely different system, mostly just made to see if they could actually make it. I just assume the GURPS name is there because its the same people and because of name recognition. I know GURPS and this doesn't resemble GURPS at all. and that's why I like it.
>>
>>44446034
Forgot about that, thanks.
>>44446048
>implying I'm a man
>implying anybody who isn't a school kid just carries around a backpack everywhere they go.
>>
>tfw women have huge ass purses.
>And you have to carry everything in a wallet that must fit in your pants' back pocket.
>>
>>44448278
this is the internet. You are a man by default. If you are a woman, shut the fuck up about it, or start showing your tits, since they're so goddamned important you have to stop and whine about it.

Also, surprise, lots of people carry backpacks!
Gonna guess you're from the midwest usa though, since those people tend to think that public transportation is from their religion's bad parts, and cannot conceive of an adult on a bicycle.

You could always use your SUV or hummer to carry a book or two. Most are small and can fit underneath a pile of hamburgers or next to your machinegun's ammo crate.
>>
File: 1258681600258.png (263 KB, 282x752) Image search: [Google]
1258681600258.png
263 KB, 282x752
>>44448278
>tfw I carry a backpack to work on gaming nights
>>
Sherpa RPG, a role-playing game designed to be played while hiking:

http://www.panix.com/~sos/rpg/sherpa.html
http://www.panix.com/~sos/rpg/s4.html

>>44448278

I see lots of adults with backpacks. What are people supposed to do with laptops and books and such? Briefcase? Satchel? Suitcase?

Even the /fa/ wiki says:

>Messenger bags were popular a few years ago. Now backpacks are in again. You probably looked like a faggot with a messenger bag anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.