[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have a game in mind to run and I'd like to air this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
So, I have a game in mind to run and I'd like to air this idea here on /tg/ since I'll probably recruit my players here. Now, be warned before you continue to read this post; It is an idea with heavy sexual themes, or to put in simple and inacurrate words, a 'fetish game'. You can hide the thread or ignore it as you feel like it.

Now if you decided to read on, here's the idea:

I want a game with high lethality and difficult combat were the consequences for being defeated are severe ranging from losing all gear, to being raped or killed. Enemies will often be sexual charged monsters with the goal of either devouring or forcing themselves on the players. One could say something along the lines of 'Dark souls + Corruption of Champions' but that would not convey the idea properly since CoC is a game more about transformation and furries then properly sexual horror. Yet, it's the best example I can think of along the lines of 'monster rape' game.

Now, until this point things are not too weird, but i'm running in a few problems in designing this game/campaign. For one, I don't want players to lose on purpose just to enjoy a sex scene. They are to work as a sort of 'consolation prize' in the sense that even if the players are defeated, they'll still have something 'fun' happening to them (only people who believe this to be fun should join, after all). But i'm afraid players would 'surrender' or throw the fight a bit often in such a setting.

So, for starters, my two questions are:

How to discourage surrender or make sure players will indeed fight and plan their best not to end up prey to the monsters of the world?

Would you play such a game(provided you are interested in the themes above)? What would you expect of it?
>>
>>44445096
Is it a high lethality chess game?
>>
>>44445130
Yes.
>>
>>44445150
>>queens have no faces, move around on eight identical legs
>>
>>44445244
I feel like somehow the unknown armies thread poured in here.
>>
>>44445096
Be aware of the player's fetishes, throw monsters that DON'T suit theirs so they actively try to avoid getting raped.
>>
>>44445096

>Would you play such a game(provided you are interested in the themes above)? What would you expect of it?
I don't think I can make a strong enough "YES! GIMMIE!"...
I'd expect encounters where my hand wasn't held, I'd have at least a small chance of dying/losing in each encounter, and my choices mattered, both short as well as long term. Maybe intentionally losing to the spiders wasn't a good thing as their eggs burden the player for a long time.

>How to discourage surrender or make sure players will indeed fight and plan their best not to end up prey to the monsters of the world?
Generally, by having a timeout, as they make a new character (and they HAVE to make a new character, including background, if the fist one dies). Also, by getting people mature enough that they don't want only smut (which is a-dime-a-dozen on the web), but are willing to work for context as well.
Or maybe some other negatives. A character could simply be taken away, to slavery or something, effectively ending the story for that one, but without a gruesome death. Maybe even gentle slavery, if that's someone's kink.
Keep in mind, that sometimes surrendering is the survival option (though not often), such as a minotaur. It'll fight until you submit or die, then rape your body. If I couldn't beat that mino, then surrendering might be the best choice.

On a final note, if it's going to be fetish heavy, you may want to try recruiting on /d/ as well.
>>
>>44445378
Well, certainly, Dark Souls was mentioned specially to signal that all encounters would be potentially lethal or at least hinder/harm the party. Even mooks such as small critters could delay the journey, damage equipament or make off with provisions. Being quick to improvise and having some survival-oriented mind should be important to the party. Also, wanting them t cooperate with each other for survival instead of just being a group of people that walks to the same place together like half the parties I played with.

>Try recruiting on /d/:
My recruitment experiences shows that although the public in /tg/ and /d/ overlap largely...The expectations of what sort of game will be run when you recruit them there is very very different from the expectations here. And the non-overlapping public on /d/ is...Well my experiences with a couple /d/ goes that weren't into /tg/ were unpleasant. I don't judge people for what they like or not, but I do feel that being obnoxious and intrusive about something that is not into everyone's taste is a disrupting behavior in groups.

In short, don't try to copulate with the throat of a fellow party member after he was beheaded.
>>
>>44445524

So, ah... when can we expect this lewd campaign? And what system are you thinking of using, if any? Completely unrelated, I assure you, not like I want to play this or anything...
>>
You would need good players for a game like this
-They'd need to be cool with the sexual aspects
-They'd need to be cool with bad stuff happening to their chars
-Most importantly, they'd need to understand that it is not an ERP- an ERP is a game solely done for the purposes of getting off. This would be one where it would still be first and foremost, a game, and so getting off should be a secondary part of it and impact the main play as little as possible- if you're getting turned on by say, the succubus enthalling the party fighter and taking him / her off to their lair for later, try and save any getting off until after the game and not have it impact the play.
>>
>>44445524
You won't lack willing players, I assure you.
>>
>>44445767
Also - extra useful quality for players if done online- ability to type properly with massive hardon
>>
>>44445755
System is being a problem. There's is many aspects to consider. I am mostly sure I dont want to handle sex and lewds mechanically, but I think there should be some sort of penalty for taking on more than one can chew, so to speak.

GURPS, Riddle of Steel and PF end up being the front runners mostly because they are the system i'm familiar with and they can all cover lethal compat. If Pathfinder, probably gonna go with something close to epic Six and put a low level cap on HP and abilities.
>>
>>44445096
> Now, be warned before you continue to read this post; It is an idea with heavy sexual themes, or to put in simple and inacurrate words, a 'fetish game'.

So, what is there to even discuss?
You've already decided to throw out anything resembling sense or reason in exchange for creating rape monsters, so all that's really left is for you to start detailing your fetishes, which you might as well do in /d/.
>>
>>44445812

Mmmm, sounds somewhat sensible. Myself, I'd prefer PF, as it's the only system I'm familliar with, but I'd be willing to learn. Don't understand what you mean with a low level cap on HP and abilities though. You mean something like the druid that can only shift into a few animal forms, or the bard that couldn't charm the minotaur, stuff like that?
>>
>>44445096
>How to discourage surrender or make sure players will indeed fight and plan their best not to end up prey to the monsters of the world?
Add a few scenes that can be accessed as a "reward"
>Would you play such a game(provided you are interested in the themes above)? What would you expect of it?
I couldn't say yes enough. I'd expect it to be pretty fun overall
>>
>>44445096
Make the players rape the monsters instead of the other way around.
>>
>>44445096

I think you've already kind of answered this: hindrance. People try to fight their best in "traditional" games because they don't want to die. Even if you get a sex scene with your loss, you're still getting a tremendous setback. No one wants to have to reroll, no matter how sexy the reason.

The severity of how much I want to play this worries me just a little bit. As far as what I would expect, the big thing you'd have to look at I think is balancing player fetishes/sexuality with what you're going to throw at them. If Joe Fighter is a 100% straight male and you have his masculine fighter get sodomized by a minotaur or something, you run the risk of him screaming "gay!" and ragequitting. That's a bit of a juvenile example, but I think you get the idea. Sexuality is delicate and if you suddenly pull out something that just completely disgusts one of your players, their desire to play might evaporate in seconds.
>>
Where could I contact you to enter this campaign? What system will you be using?
>>
>>44446088
You raise a good point...But I reckon players should hm...Self filter themselves. While I plan on making sure what lines should not be crossed or pushed with the players, and i dont intent to expose anyone to nothing I consider too extreme, if the person has a limited scope of what they are confortable with, such as "I can't stand non consensual sex or non-humanoid monsters" then they are probably not the right public for this game and this game is probaly not right for them. I think in a game about forced intercourse, wanting to play a straight male without the possibility of sodomy would be a less than smart idea.
>>
>>44446125
See
>>44445812

And contact will be done through an IRC channel once I'm ready to recruit, to preserve anonimity. Once I have selected the players we will exchange a more permanent contact. I'm thinking that an 'interview' of sorts will be needed to ensure player expectation is in line with DM willingness to provide and vice versa, as well as being sure the schedules will fit.
>>
>>44446171
Are you planning on starting soon?
>>
>>44446183
Yes, very soon. I can tell you ahead of time games will likely run of fridays, probably starting 18h~19h GMT until 1h or 2h depending on a lot of factors.
>>
>>44446143
You will probably see a lot of players playing as girls with dicks, then.
>>
>>44446278
Afraid no such race is avaible in the setting. I know it's a common fetish but I doesnt do anything for me and so i dont feel I'd make said players happy running my game.
>>
>>44446224
Woooohoooo! Do post here when you start, I would love to give this a try.

>>44446278
Not all of them/us.
>>
Isn't this basically that Monster game?
>>
>>44446295
Well, I'm on IRC now to talk to possible players at #DontGoOutside-OC
>>
>>44446337
at rizon
>>
>>44446224
>GMT times

Ah, you've crushed my dreams, OP
>>
>>44446292
Does that mean playing as a straight man who doesn't enjoy being sodomized but might enjoy rape would not be viable?
>>
>>44446171
Will you drop the IRC in this thread? Or should I be spamming refresh until I see another of your thread?
>>
>>44446559
Not the OP, but see
>>44446337
>>44446356
>>
>>44446324
No idea what you mean.
>>
>>44446698
The Kingdom Death one.
>>
>>44446292
What races will you have?
>>
You lose points stats when you get raped, be it experience directly or just stuff like "You got raped twice in the space of 2 days, lose a point of strength/Endurance whatever until you spend an entire day resting in a safe zone".

If it's lethal then players will want to avoid stat loss, also make sure certain monsters will definitely not accept a surrender, dealing damage and generally hurting PCs even if they went "I give".

Also, some monsters would go through their gear afterwards and nick stuff.
>>
>>44445096
Isn't whether or not the PCs get raped entirely down to how tough you make the monsters?
>>
>>44445096
Honestly? Either play with people with good self-control, someone like me who just dislikes losing, or try to make it disgusting for them.
Can't really make any suggestions other than that

Now as to your second question, yeah, something like that sounds like fun. I would expect a decent amount of titillation and fetishbait, but keep the actual explicit stuff fairly rare or only as losing conditions, otherwise it starts getting played out and boring
>>
>>44445096
Throw some female monsters at them for them to rape back.

Alternatively just really annoying penalties like >>44447427 which inflict debuffs that can be more common as status ailments or such that happen after every attack or something from "harder" enemies after the players progress a bit.
>>
File: daaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrre.jpg (19 KB, 212x254) Image search: [Google]
daaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrre.jpg
19 KB, 212x254
>>44445096
>>
>Corruption of Champions, the tabletop game
Just play FATAL, holy shit
>>
File: ishtar lion.jpg (196 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
ishtar lion.jpg
196 KB, 752x1063
I would consider playing in something like this. I take it from the first few replies that you're going for a bit of a chess motif. So my next question would be whether the game is going to be a political intrigue with rapists lurking about or a violent dungeon filled with grunting horrors that would enjoy nothing more than offering up a good raping to unlucky PCs?
>>
>>44451468
>>44451519
You guys are likely out of place on the thread, just saying.
>>
>>44445096
I'd love to be a part of it.
>>
I don't honestly know that I could do the roleplay side well enough to do it justice, but it's territory most games don't properly cover, and I really do like the idea. Good on you for coming up with it, OP.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.