[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/- Star Wars General: Lava Dragons Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: Fireworm-Topps.jpg (359 KB, 480x586) Image search: [Google]
Fireworm-Topps.jpg
359 KB, 480x586
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>44433885

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Discussion Topics:
>If you could be any race from Star Wars, what would you be?
>What planet would you like to live on?
>>
File: chagrian_youth_by_artbytravis.jpg (413 KB, 504x686) Image search: [Google]
chagrian_youth_by_artbytravis.jpg
413 KB, 504x686
>>44443700

I would like to be a chagrian, since I'm already horny all the time.

Naboo is nice.
>>
>>44443700
>Race
Miraluka are cool. I can read books on my shelf while laying down in bed.

>Planet
Chandrila is supposed to be really peaceful isn't it?
>>
>>44443814
>Chandrila is supposed to be really peaceful isn't it?

Depends on the era, I think it got a lot of negative attention during Imperial times but I can't be sure.
>>
can someone explain this to me

>the jedi are supposed to have no emotion
>having emotions lead to the dark side
>jedi hate the sith
wouldn't their feud be a contradiction to their rules?
>>
>>44444106
Jedi don't hate Sith, though.
>>
>>44443700
Whatever the hell Grievous was (too lazy to look it up).

Somewhere cool I guess? Can't think of anywhere that's just Autumn-cool without going full snow/tundra.
>>
>>44444106
the entire OJO was full of contradictions and oxymorons.

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes!"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
>>
File: VanguardGunship-poly161.jpg (66 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
VanguardGunship-poly161.jpg
66 KB, 500x391
Has this been stated before?
>>
Nautolan. I'd live underwater if i could IRL so this would fit me perfectly, plus Kit Fisto is a cool ambassador for the race
Mon Cal probably.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 416x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 416x474
Stat me, /swg/
>>
>>44444106
It's not so much hating the Sith as it is hating what they do. They actively warp and distort the Force, and are the cause of basically every galactic-scale war going back to when they were founded.

Also, Jedi are supposed to be in control of their emotions, not be unfeeling robots.

>>44444262
>totallynotasubstituteyoda/10
>>
>>44444262

That's a story for another time.
>>
>>44444106
That's kind of what George is going for though in Revenge of the Sith. Anakin has selfish reasons to save Sheev but what mace is doing is illegal and the Jedi had been pushing around Anakin and going being his back so he didn't trust them. Which is exactly what Palpatine wanted. Sure being a Sith is bad but without proof that he started the war being a Sith alone is probably not illegal.
>>
File: Bounty Hunter Faleen.jpg (746 KB, 722x1109) Image search: [Google]
Bounty Hunter Faleen.jpg
746 KB, 722x1109
Anyone got any pics of female Faleen? Preferably one that looks like she could be a noble/diplomat/ambassador type of character.

I asked this a few threads back but i only got pic related and it is a bit to combat-y for my character (AoR Ambassador that only carries a small hold-out blaster for protection)
>>
>>44444262
Grandma/10
>>
File: Xija Nezumi.jpg (348 KB, 800x731) Image search: [Google]
Xija Nezumi.jpg
348 KB, 800x731
>>44444313

Literally the only thing I have.
>>
>>44444313
Check the wook for some falleen characters I know one of them dresses classy (slutty) when she tries to assassinate Vader.
>>
>>44444106
Jedi in the prequels are supposed to be blinded by dogma and inaction.
Notice how Yoda and Windu claim the Jedi have lost the ability to forsee events through the Force, or that they've lost theur ability to sense things, yet the only thing they don't end up seeing is Palps being Sheev?

Or how they continually berate themselves for being unable to forsee the unfolding events?

Or how Yoda and Obi-wan are proven wrong when it turns out Luke killing Vader would have turned him into Vader's replacement, while Luke having a religous faith and belief in mercy and forgiveness results in the destruction of the Empire?

Or how Palpatine similarly relied too much on foresight, and his minions continually failed him because (according to Lucas) despite all hos power he could only predict negative emptions or neutral events, and had no way of knowing that Luke would beat him with forgotten virtues?

Its the theme of why the Jedi and Sith suck. Whenever they get their shit together and organize, they start relying on that organization and them getting their shit slapped becomes inevitable.
>>
>>44444262
God tier WIS and DEX. Modest INT and CHA.

Also, mild Force awareness and precognition. No other Force powers.
>>
>>44444305
>illegal

So? There are far more important things at stake there than the law. And when the guy who you need to stop right now can make the laws then it makes the legality of it even less relevant.
>>
>>44444262
Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment:
>>
>>44443814
>>44443942
Chandrilla is sorta fucked up, it's got a One-Child-Policy and all sorts of other shit.

(What the fuck do they do to species with litters?)

>>44444185
Not for FFGwars

>>44444391
Proof that he's the other sith is probably enough to make the arrest to prove he was in collusion with Dooku.
>>
>>44444391
I'm not saying it's morally wrong. But it is how Palpatine spins it. Plus Mace goes too far saying he'll execute him himself rather than arrest him. Probably still justified but against the Code for sure, so definitely hypocritical.
>>
So a friend convinced me to finally buy into Armada in order to learn the game alongside him (not like I needed that money...). I've bought the Core Set of course, as well as the ISD, GSD and Rogues & Villains packs. How should I be utilising them for a 400pt list? Also is it just me or does the VSD feel extremely lackluster?

I was even considering a second ISD to run something like this (ignore objective cards, I just chucked random ones in since it wouldn't let me share the list without them), although I like the idea of at least running a Firespray with some kind of TIE Advanced entourage...
http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5467
>>
>>44444294
>Also, Jedi are supposed to be in control of their emotions, not be unfeeling robots.
This.

A Jedi can live as a poor man, relying on donations of food and currency and be content. A Sith requires silk robes and statues of them self.

A Jedi can wade into suffering and bring hope while organizing and leading them against tyranny. A Sith swears justice, and replaces the tyrant personally and brings the masses to their knees as he sees the former tyrant as one of them.

A Jedi can have a family, but can accept never seeing them again as their fate if need be. A Sith can't accept anything less than what they want, because they feel they deserve it.

The problem with the old Jedi order is they stopped trusting their own. Rather than teach their apprentices that they must be ready to sacrifice anything, they forbade them from having anything. Rather than trusting them to love all beings, not just their families, they forbade attachment.

Basically the Jedi went from Shinto monks to Catholic priests out of an incorrect lesson that you can forbid sin to prevent a sinner.
>>
>>44444514
Of course it's justified. When the guy in charge fabricated the entire war, from both sides, all to facilitate him coming into power and dissolving the senate, arresting him won't do shit thanks to beuracratic loopholes. Mace was right to realize that killing Sheev, while overstepping the "law" and order of things, was the only way to fully stop him and possibly make things right. Mace's flaw, was trusting that Anakin was on his side.
>>
>>44444403
Jesus Christ, how terrifying.
>little orange force-feeling beasts that hunt in packs and have 21 STR.
>>
>>44444537
Very insightful reply. Thank you.
>>
>>44444262
Maz Kanata
Level 500 Minion
Base Attack: 6d6 exposition
Treasure: Wookie dildo
>>
>>44444661
The Hutts destroyed the first race, which owned the universe.
The Hutts have never been challenged. No outside force has imposed their rules on them.

Maz is older than, and holds more sway in the criminal underworld than, any of the Hutts. Hutts are smalltime gangsters that unite as needed, Maz is the face of the illegitimate side of the galaxy.

Remember that.
>>
What do you guys thing about the Starkiller=Illum theory? It would explain where the Kyber Crystals in the first order's flagship has
>>
>Maz Kanata
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 972x1502) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 972x1502
Could Grakkus and Maz defeat Vader and Sheev?
>>
>>44444852
Its Dantooine. They named it in the concepts but not in the movie.

The original idea was when the second Death Syar exploded, junk rained down all over the galaxy. The First Order would have taken the weapon that landed on a planet and repaired it into a working state. Kylo's throne room/shrine would gave been Palpatine's tower, where Luke and Vader fought, which was going to be at the bottom of a sea where it landed.

Also, the Resistance would have used a massive capital ship, a "Warhammer" class, which would sort of ram a planetary shield and sit in orbit bombaring a planet while holding open the shield for a fighter assault.

Dantooine was supposed to be volcanic while also being frozen, so the battle would have the new AT-AT's fighting in snow while lava flowed around them. Kylo was supposed to have a lightsaber that was two Clone Wars lightsabers he jury-rigged together because the cores were cracked and didn't function as single blades. One side blue, another red. Full on pottery.
>>
>>44444660
No. Killing him was against the Jedi code. He even uses the exact words that Palpatine used earlier when telling Ani to kill Dooku. "He's too dangerous to let live."
Mace Windu is hypocritically breaking the jJedi code. You don't get to just throw away due process when it's convenient.
>>
>>44444968
You do realise that unused concepts are not canon, don't you? Just because they played around with an idea at one point in development doesn't mean anything. At all.
>>
>>44444968
Concept stuff gets changed for a reason, and if you look at the map made for the visual dictionary every single system is in the same place as in the old map, except Starkiller origin point is where Illum was.

Why have everything else be in the same place, EXCEPT dantiooine? Not that it wouldn't be cool if that concept stuff had stayed in. I get while they changed it though.
>>
>>44445020
Fair point. So its an *unnamed planet.

* Possibly Dantooine, based on concepts.
>>
Hey, so the new canon manufacturer of A-Wings (from Ultimate Starwars, according to the Wook) is Kuat. Now, they made the jedi interceptors so that makes sense. But how did Kuat, who afaik was pretty damn imperial, make fighters for the republic?
>>
>>44445163
The early ones were probably before, maybe the reason why, the Empire cracked down on them.
Once Rebels had the design they orobably found others to manufacture them.
>>
>>44444972
Yes, but Windu knew that leaving someone like Sheev alive would just mean he'd weasel his way back to power. Palps had to die, and Mace knew that.
>>
>>44444828
Huh?

Maz is (If han is to be believed) a bit over 1000, and 1000 is "Highish-average" for a Hutt lifespan, and that's with the Hutts abusing their bodies quite badly.

>>44444868
Grakkus doesn't really have the force himself does he?

(A Grakkus and Beldorion Flex-off would be hilarious)

>>44445163
Stolen, bootlegged, etc.
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>44445082
Dantooine and Starkiller Base are different planets according to this canon map.

Ilum is not on the map, even though it should be since Clone Wars/Rebels features Ilum if I remember right. Thus, it's possible Starkiller Base is Ilum.
>>
I need pictures, Parker! Pictures of ex-Imperials!
>>
>>44445307
Can you pay me in a van?
>>
>>44445329
No payment until you get me those pictures, Parker!
>>
>>44445233
>>44445279

New Headcanon: Rebel sympathizers managed to fuck up the A-Wing used to show off to the empire, causing them to lose the military contract and have to sell the things at a steep discount to "civilians".
>>
>>44445262
I repeat: "You don't get to just throw away due process when it's convenient."
>>
>>44444852
There weren't any crystals shown in the flagship, as far as I remember.

Also, Ilum has always been a frozen wasteland on par with Hoth, in both canon and Legends. It's never had forests as far as I remember, though admittedly I haven't played TOR.
>>
>>44445469
You do when the fate of the fucking galaxy's next couple of decades lies in whether or not "due process" won't actually stop his corrupt actions.
>>
>>44445469
Mace openly stated that Palpatine owns the courts and the Senate.

He literally couldn't be tried, despite the huge list of crimes he's absolutely guilty of.
>>
File: CA_Ilum03_800x450.jpg (294 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
CA_Ilum03_800x450.jpg
294 KB, 800x450
>>44445496
In TOR, Ilum is a slick ice planet constantly in dark.

It's possible that Ilum has trees and we've just never seen them before. It's also possible that trees are a part of the changes made to the planet.
>>
>>44445496
The incredible cross sections book explicitly says that the weapons have kyber crystals.

My reasoning for Illum? Location is part of it. Another is that they were planning at first for Dantooine- another place known to have kyber crystals. Circumstantial, sure, but if they were already going to use a canon planet, why not another? About the weather thing I know its off. I'm assuming that the Jedi's crystal caves were at the poles (and hey, one of the younglings SAYS that nights are like, a month long so that makes sense!)
>>
>>44445652
Crystals aren't brought up in the movie at all, though. Or if they were, I don't remember it and I don't want to go see it a second time anyway.

Anyway, Dantooine only had lightsaber crystals in Legends, it's not been brought up in canon whether or not it does.

Admittedly, the location of Starkiller base's origin does point towards a possibility of it being Ilum, but there's nothing definitive about it yet.
>>
>>44445567
No, you don't. That's what having morals means. You don't just throw them away when you feel like it.
It's called the Jedi code, not the Jedi guidelines.
>>
>>44445301

Also, Ilum would be in the rough location of Starkiller base.
>>
>>44445626
So because a murderer says he's justified, he totally must be?
>>
>>44445827
That's not what I said.

Tell me? Are you okay with Palpatine getting away with everything scott free? Because that's exactly what would happen if they actually tried to bring him to trial - that, or they'd literally be laughed out of court before it even started.
>>
So what are the rules of using a hyperdrive again?

I thought they had to avoid high gravitational masses.
>>
>>44445856
Blame JJ for playing fast and loose with the rules of the setting.

Normally, you can't jump into gravitational fields, because doing so would pull you out automatically.

I guess you could handwave that Han pulled out the safeties that make that happen, though.
>>
>>44445856
It's best practice, for safety, AFAIK. You're also supposed to drive inside white and yellow lines and stay within the speed limit, but sometimes people flout the rules and say "fuck it."

Plus I think it's obviously a "supposed-to" in that in ANH the Falcon stops its lightspeed jump literally in an asteroid field, which has a lot of bodies in it with at least decent gravitational mass; and at some point Han mentions that calculating the route is critical because if you fuck up your lightspeed jump you could wind up in a planet's crust and instantly melt or whatever, but it isn't as if that maneuver wouldn't WORK

You'd just die doing it

Plus, I'm pretty sure he says in TFA that he isn't all that confident in their approach to Starkiller base anyway, he just wings it because Han
>>
>>44445626
He said that while being electrocuted. The arrest itself was legit.

>>44445802
He only brought it up while Palpatine was trying to torture him to death with sith lightning after murdering his three friends who DID try to bring him to trial. Which was a much more justified reason to keep meeting force with force. (Dohohoho force)

Also having him tried by courts that he appointed for their loyalty isn't due process.

>>44445856
>>44445879
Unless you're Han Solo, in a tricked out Falcon, against a planetary body which probably has an insane amount of antigravity tech used to stabilize the sun held in its core.

That scene was still fucking retarded.

>>44445879
In rebels it's not a case of the safety engaging, the interdictor just yanked them out quite violently.
>>
>>44445879
It would explain the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs....
>>
>>44445856

Yeah, you can't jump through a gravitational mass or you'll be sucked out of it.

Also, enough junk in the way can stop you. It's why everyone uses hyperspace lanes. Those lanes are cleared and proven to be safe, so ships can use them. Calculations ships have to make before jumps include fixing the right bearing and accounting for spatial drift and planetary movement.
>>
>>44445815
Also true.

Of course, it could be a planet nearby Ilum. And just because a planet isn't on the map doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist (for example, those other planets that were destroyed near Hosnian Prime aren't on the map, even though Hosnian Prime is).

But it's very possible Starkiller Base is Ilum.
>>
>>44445978
>those other planets that were destroyed near Hosnian Prime aren't on the map, even though Hosnian Prime is
that's a bad example, seeing as they were in the same system
>>
File: 1438938128525.jpg (582 KB, 1200x1857) Image search: [Google]
1438938128525.jpg
582 KB, 1200x1857
Will we ever see these guys again or something similar?
Or is it just stormtroopers and fancier stormtroopers from now on?
>>
>>44446039
They were in the Lords of the Sith novel, and in the Star Wars annual.

The problem is, they're the Imperial guards. They don't go off doing things by themselves.

If you see them, Palpatine is guaranteed to be nearby.
>>
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/K6jEp4eRqfpaDjDxYyJ
>>
>>44446039

Supreme Leader Smokestomuch probably has his own version.
>>
>>44446156
Was that the same novel where Sheev had them just for show off or am I thinking of another book?
>>
>>44445856

Plot. Same for all the rules in a fantasy story.
>>
>>44446229
What if he has Giant Storm Troopers?
>>
>>44446249
They weren't just for show. Lords of the Sith is the nu-canon book where Vader and Palpatine and some Imperial guards crash land on Ryloth.
>>
>>44445307
There's a chick in the early RPG books, an ex-bomber cyborg, who's a droid rights terrorist.
>>
>>44445802
And any system of morality that cares so much about the law it would condemn the galaxy is insane and pointless.

Either you are playing devils advocate or you think evil must be allowed to win because the law is more important than doing the right thing. Which is it?
>>
>>44445802
Morals are a survival trait. We only act nice to get things from people,

That's the moral of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

We'll treat you like shit until you're useful to us and then we'll be your best friend.
>>
>>44446374
Giant GOLD Stormtroopers
>>
>>44446392
Which books?
>>
>>44446156
Easy enough to see them as lone operatives in the post endor order as occasionally happened in the old canon, and it's not unreasonable to think that palpatine could dispatch his top tier soldiers on solo missions. Ofcourse they would not be on missions, but I could see Palpatine dispatching a royal guard or two to guard super important facilities or to make a statement by guarding Tarkin or someone as important
>>
File: kreia.png (578 KB, 669x678) Image search: [Google]
kreia.png
578 KB, 669x678
Do you think the prequels would have been better if they got theatre trained actors to read Lucas' stiff and awkward dialogue instead?

Kreia's VA only had theatre experience and she performed wonderfully.
>>
>>44445856
Remember ythe original plan was the Resistance to have a capital ship designed to get through planetary shields.

But they opted for the Falcon instead to cut out the ground battle and squeeze it into another scene.

Despite toys for the cut scenes having already been released.
>>
>>44446039
EU had epilogues for two of them. One went nuts and killed the others and declared himself Sheev JR, the other is yet another Kyle Katarn copy who beat the first one.
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 307x444) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 307x444
>>44446537
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zoodia_Tantra

Droids Defiant, Star Wars RPG, 1996
>>
>>44446006
They're from the same system, but different planets.
>>
>>44446670
The toys are all that matters.
>>
>>44446765
>TIE bomber pilot
Delicious. Too bad about her nose, though.
>>
>>44446668
Not even Ewan's and Mcdiarmid's performances can save the prequels, so I doubt it.
But if it can make Attack of the Clones watchable, I'd watch it.
>>
File: CKHuo5KWIAAXTXK.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CKHuo5KWIAAXTXK.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>
>>44445262
And then Mace Windu would be on the path to the dark side
>>
>What race?

Arkanian offshoot. Innate talents and automatic white /fa/ look. Already have dealt with near white skin and anemia, so the downsides aren't that bad or unknown to me.

>What planet?

If I had to settle, Kashyyk or Adumar could be really fun. Corellia as well.
>>
>>44444170
You are aware that the line was supposed to be "Only sith deal in SUCH absolutes" and it was just slightly flubbed?
>>
>>44444369
Luke didn't kill Vader though
>>
>>44446874
Only if he did so out of anger, hate, fear, or pleasure.
>>
>>44446929
He looked pretty mad to me
>>
>>44446814
Looks fine, to me.
>>
>>44446977
I'm sorry to hear that, you have my condolences.
>>
>>44446926
Right. Read back what I typed, Luke killing Vader as Yoda and Obi-wan thought would have resulted in him becoming Vader, but he proved them wrong by showing mercy and refusing to take the easy, logical way out.
>>
>>44447025
Anon, I think you're obsessing too much about some face-lines with minimal shading. It's not like her nose is Tyrion-levels of hideous.
>>
>>44446852
I mean like the entire cast
>>
>>44446874
the war compromised the Order a lot.
>>
>>44446977
I got a question about EotE.
What is "Ship's Complement"
I assumed that that was how many characters can take turns during the ship's turn, but it doesn't say anything about it in the rulebook.
>>
>>44447433
Didn't mean to reply to that guy.
>>
>>44445851
It is what you said.

Can you tell the future? Can Mace Windu? You don't just murder a suspect because you assume the courts will fail to see justice done. At the very least you could wait until after the courts have failed before taking the law into your own hands.
Mace didn't want to kill Palps because it was the right thing to do. He was just angry and feeling blood thirsty. Not very Jedi of him. That's the point of the scene, Palps is not only presenting the Sith lifestyle as providing the power to save Padme's life, he's also showing up the Jedi as the corrupt hypocrites that they are.
>>
Darth Vader = Original Trilogy
Kylo Ren = New Trilogy Staff
Rey = Disney
>>
>>44447433
Ships don't have turns, the individual crew members (or minion groups for capships) do, same as ground combat. Ship's complement just means optimal crew size.
>>
>>44446465
Nah, You're just a bad person.
>>
>>44447487

Finn = "Diversity"
BB-8 = Meaninglessness in the face of the void, the essence of nihilism
Poe Dameron = Himself
>>
For all the people that hate Rey. Do you hate "The Phantom Menace" Anakin Skywalker more or less than Rey? If less, why?
>>
>>44447544
Confirmed for not getting basic functional neurology.

>>44447588
TPM Anakin is less annoying because we know what he grows up to be. There's a certain expectation for Vader as per Obi-Wan's ANH lines, so regardless of the age of the character he basically has to be a great pilot from the get-go.

The mistake was making his first appearance a kid.

Rey is just competent in a vacuum, and doesn't seem to have reason to be so.
>>
>>44447487
>>44447547
The Millenium Falcon: The fleeting nature of youth
Han Solo: The chains of contracts and past lives
Luke Skywalker's Robohand: Insurance fraud
>>
>>44447487 = shitposting
>>44447547 = b8
>>
>>44446414
"Let's arrest him and see justice done"
Two minutes later:
"Oh no he killed the bozos I brought with me, screw that justice crap, I'll just murder him, because I feel like it."

Yes, Mace's thought process was clearly only concerned with nothing but the greater good.
Because it's not like you can't just kill him later, after maybe at least consulting the actual government.
You're just SAYING that he absolutely had to kill him, right then, right there, and it's just not true.
The fact that they never went public with accusations against him is exactly why everyone bought into the story of the Jedi trying to pull a coup. Because they did actually try to murder the supreme chancellor under nothing but their own authority.
>>
>>44447702
Well, I'm glad you're here to tell us these things.
>>
>>44447721
Palpatine was STILL actively resisting the arrest.

I can forgive mace for making a slightly poor argument while only half-deflecting an onslaught of electricity and dark-side energy.

He realized "Oh shit there's no way to hold someone this powerful" and made a decision to kill him.
>>
>>44447639
Anakin's a kid who wins a pod race with junk he built in his backyard, when no other human ever has, and against seasoned veterans who have been racing their entire lives.

And he follows it up with randomly pushing buttons to land in the droid-fleet flagship, randomly pushing more buttons to fire ALL the torpedoes into the reactor, and then randomly pushes buttons all the way back to Naboo.

He has less reasoning to have the piloting skills he has, no reason to be able to build his own protocol droid, absolutely no reason to have any flying ability whatsoever other than to be a PS 0.5 chump blocker, and is 10 years old.
>>
>>44447588
I didn't like that movie that much, but the kid did what he could.

He has facial expressions, doesn't beat Dark Side Force users in duels of Force and lightsaber, doesn't inherit the Millenium Falcon that wasn't supposed to be there, doesn't use Jedi mind tricks while barely believing in the existence of the Force, doesn't turn a would-be torture scene into a lecture for the antagonist, wins his freedom from a Space Jew, risks his life, isn't a cunt deserving parental abandonment, has actual memories, doesn't answer 'I'm nobody' when asked who he is, etc.

Nothin personnel.
>>
>>44446920
That is utterly irrelevant. You don't judge something on what it might have been, you judge it based on what it is. Apparently George was fine with the line as delivered, that's the one that's in the film, so that's the one we judge it by. And it's a pretty fucking terrible line.
Also, the addition of "such," doesn't really make it any less stupid.
>>
>>44447786

>He has less reasoning to have the piloting skills he has.

Other than the fact Obiwan said Anakin was always a great pilot, and Vader proved it at the Death Star.

making him start so young was a mistake, but it was a bit more established.

A scene where Rey put that speeder bike of hers through its paces more actively would have been nice too.

>>44447799
Some things are absolutes, but the Sith make more things absolute than they should.
>>
>>44447721
Based upon your logic, if four officers go to arrest someone, and two get shot and killed, it is still not within jurisdiction kil the suspect. Hence Mace should have just stood there and said "you're under arrest and please put down the lightsaber you're stabbing me with."
>>
>>44447786

His scene after blowing up the droid ship should have been a stern talking-to. WHO THE FUCK LETS KIDS INTO A WAR ZONE!? Who thought that was a good idea, regardless of the outcome?

A dogfight is no place for a 10 year old human, regardless of whether or not spinning is a good trick or not.
>>
>>44447836
So you're sayng it would have been better if in TFA someone stopped for a moment to say "Rey's always been a good pilot..."

Again, we know next to nothing about what she's flown beyond that speeder craft. And unlike little orphan Anni, she drags the fucking Falcon across the parking lot because she couldn't find the space e-brake.
>>
>>44447847

>Justice for Palpatine!
>>
>>44447899
If it's dumb and it works, it isn't really dumb, is it?
>>
>>44447899
He shouldn't have even been in the fucking ship to begin with! They could have (or should have) spent some of their colossal waste if screen time showing Naboo's navy taking the fight to capital ships, without having a goddamned kid randomly pushing buttons as the central focal point.
>>
>>44447721
It is true, you are just being idiotic on purpose.

There is no way to contain him and he IS the government so a trial would be impossible. And they could not have told the public until after it had been done or they would not have been able to even try and stop him.

>bozos

He killed three jedi masters in as many seconds and then nearly killed Windu. That kind of changes the calculation of how dangerous he is.
>>
>>44447923
>Sheev lives matter
>>
>>44447958
Remember anon, law enforcement lives only matter when they're unarmed!
>>
>>44447955

If he was an adult, I could see it working. There'd be precedent for not fucking up and going "OOPS" all the time.

But if you try to think about improving The Phantom Menace, you end up writing a completely different movie than The Phantom Menace. That road leads to madness.
>>
File: Star-Wars-Rebel-Zeb-main.jpg (65 KB, 800x446) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Rebel-Zeb-main.jpg
65 KB, 800x446
Stat him in SWSE
>>
>>44447991
That's pretty much the problem with The Phantom Menace. It's so terrible, and the characters are so frustratingly bad, that to improve it would mean rewriting the entire script so that it actually had a plot and purpose.
>>
>>44447920
Look, the point is that I know precisely what she should and shouldn't be able to do, even though we know very little about her past.
>>
>>44448004
>Magical Beast
>Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
>Initiative: +1
>Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
>Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
>Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
>Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
>Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
>Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
>Special Attacks: Improved grab
>Special Qualities: Scent
>Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
>Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
>Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
>Feats: Alertness, Track
>Environment: Temperate forests
>Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
>Challenge Rating: 4
>Treasure: None
>Alignment: Always neutral
>Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
>Level Adjustment:
>>
>>44447988
That's not even the issue at hand here.

Its actually downright disturbing someone could have such a legalistic mindset they would rather see a massively dangerous psychopath with magic powers go free and take over the galaxy than someone kill them to save their own life and that of thousands if not millions of others in a technically illegal fashion. The law is meaningless when the people making the laws are the problem.
>>
File: image.png (261 KB, 540x805) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261 KB, 540x805
>>44446977
>Not liking girls with cute witch noses
>30(ish) years ABY
>>
>>44446039
i don't mind banter between storm troopers, but between the royal guards?

that's total shit
>>
>>44448048
>Look, the point is that I know precisely what she should and shouldn't be able to do

Sure you do. I'm fairly certain you are not one of the hired continuity experts for Lucas Film LTD.

The only real issues with what Rey can and shouldn't in theory be able to do, is Force command and Force pull. The former she fucks up first, against a Stormtrooper. Who aren't ever noted for having particularly high willpower. The latter of those points could be argued that the light saber chose her over Murder-McEmo, and having her get beaned in the head by it would have been beyond silly.
>>
>>44448090

Wow, so it's just another flavor of "Lawful Good" trolling?

>>44448123

I remember in TFA, a couple of Stormtroopers banter to each other when Rey is sneaking around in almost the same manner as the couple of Stormtroopers Obi-Wan snuck past in ANH. [POETRY INTENSIFIES] Though in this case, it's actually fitting since it's a similar scenario rather than a scene divorced from its context or emotion.
>>
Just introduced my group to the FFG RPG with the FaD beginner box stuff, had them run through the campaign and I've picked up the GM screen for another adventure to run next time. I have a couple of questions for anyone who's run the system a few times

1. How do you deal with inordinate amounts of advantages/disadvantages? My characters had a few rolls where they would fail, but get like 3-4 advantages, or succeed with similar amounts of disadvantage. Besides critical injuries, what are some ways to resolve this besides "You get to give 4 people a blue dice next turn"? I usually gave an extra attack at 5 advantage.

2. Best way to explain character creation to a new person? I was thinking of telling them that you spend exp to upgrade your base stats, learn skills, or get talents in Skyrim/Fallout 3 esque perk treees called specializations.
>>
>>44447836
>>44447920
If Rey was in a prequel to a movie that showed her future self as a badass it would have helpt quite a bit. I just wanted to see her race through the wreckage, or made a side comment about it. Though I think her intro was one of the best parts of the movie and adding that would have ruined one of the few times where the music matched the scene and wasn't overpowered by JJ Visuals.

>>44448123
That's from a joke comic, Tag and Bink. They're in disguise.

>>44447847
Two get shot and killed AND THE PERP STILL HAS A GUN.
>>
>>44447474
Which is ruined when Anakin goes from doing everything Palpy says just to get him to tell him how to save her to completely forgetting it as soon as he started walking towards the Jedi Temple because suddenly he starts thinking "Oh, I'll somehow become king of everything too".
Then Force-choking her in a moodswing despite saving her being literally the only thing he gives any fucks about to serving Palpatine after she died. Which, as you recall, was his only reason whatsoever to serve him. Which also makes him lose the "I'll rule" motivation, since he needs Sheev to live now.

Then puts up with being shit on despite having absolutely no reason to do anything anymore for 20 years, and his first idea that becoming kimg of the universe again comes when Fett tells him Luke Slywalker blew up the Death Star (as he's somehow forgotten he needs Sheev to live).

Then in Return he's back to being Palpy's beaten wife, and pleads with Luke to join him just to save Luke's life (as Luke rejecting Vader's last-ditch effort to turn him, the revelation of kinship, failed which disturbed Vader highly).

I dunno. It only makes sense as a whole when you think of the Dark Side as Chaos, where it just fucks your mind sideways like spiritual meth.
>>
File: rollseduction.jpg (2 MB, 1190x1928) Image search: [Google]
rollseduction.jpg
2 MB, 1190x1928
saw episode seven today.
it was okay.
WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE Y-WINGS
>>
>>44448233
>helpt
... I'm not even going to touch that one.

At least we are in agreement that Rey's intro is one of the best parts of the whole movie. I think it did a good job of setting up Jakku as the scavenging wasteland economy that is.

(Btw, is anyone else getting sick of these gift-box captchas?)
>>
>>44447784
Killimg Dooku is hard to defend. Dooku was almost literally disarmed.

Mace cutting off Sheev's arms or telling Anakin to, then a quick Jedi Council-only trial would have been the best route. Not a violation of the Code. Not flawless, but the best in a bad situation.
>>
>>44443700
>>If you could be any race from Star Wars, what would you be?
Yuuzhan Vong
>>What planet would you like to live on?
None, the fun about the galaxy is you can visit lot of planets
>>
Is this not to bad to actually use my Firestorm? I also have a hard-on for TIE Interceptors and Im working with a small collection.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!39:-1,28,-1,14:1:1:U.126;27:20:-1:1:;180:-1:-1:17:
>>
>>44448233
I think a closer analogy:

>4 of the best officers in the world attempt and arrest

>3 are killed within a minute of arriving

>And the perp has a fucking rocket launcher, a 50 cal rifle, an AK47, a garbage can full of grenades, 5000 depleted uranium rounds, a suit of body armour and a fucking medieval claymore made of carbon nanotubes and demon blood

>but trying to kill him would be evil guys
>>
>>44448243

RotS Novelization has Vader being so broken that he's basically got no purpose, and only holds onto Sheev because his own manipulator is really the only person he has left in the universe. Though he doesn't trust him at all, he's really all Vader has left.

Also, I'll take this moment to shill the prequel books over the movies. The writers understood they had a whole lot to make up for and put their hearts into salvaging those god-awful storylines, going so far as to rewrite dialogue and scene context completely to make things work.

I wonder if they'll do the same for TFA novelization, give more context and answer more questions.

>>44448280

~30 years in decommission. They were old by the time ANH rolled around, they are antiquated by TFA.
>>
>>44448233
>>44448286
Sorry for the typo. But I think the only problem I had with Rey's intro were the SSD being a bit too small and out of scale, and her leaving the little sled in the sand and just dragging the salvage in a net once she got back to town.
>>
>>44448280
What is this comic?
>>
>>44448230
1. Strain recovery, boosts to friends, setbacks to enemies. Pg. 16 and 17 in the Beginner Game's rulebook.

2. Really just walk them through each of the steps in the book. You'll want to emphasize to them to spend XP on characteristics and tell them about the common distribution of a 4 and a 3 for specialized characters, multiple 3s for more rounded characters.
>>
>>44448396
KoTOR
>>
>>44448291
He should have agreed to what Anakin was saying, then killed Palpatine later.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 882x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 882x474
>>44448280
That's my main complaint. Lack of new ships.
Most of the new stuff was vehicles for the Starkiller Base ground battle they cut out of the movie.

Also, the space pirates were kinda dull. A bit too Star Trek for me.

Too much relied on you knowing stuff from novels and image books, so people who only see movies were left going WTF for a lot of the backstory. The scrawl really should have focused on what came between the two.

Too few ships in the Resistance attack on Starkiller Base. Should have had an orbit battle above the ground one.

But yeah, overall very good.
>>
File: WHYWHY.jpg (256 KB, 1252x956) Image search: [Google]
WHYWHY.jpg
256 KB, 1252x956
>>44448358
>They were old by the time ANH rolled around, they are antiquated by TFA.
>make new X-Wing
>don't make new Y-Wing

while I'm at it
>FO makes new TIE fighters
>but ONLY TIE fighters
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>44448358
>I wonder if they'll do the same for TFA novelization, give more context and answer more questions.
They did.

Leia is really onpopular, most of the universe wants to be Sweden and have no kilitary, she is seen as a crazy paranoid mercenary the Republic funds. Her representative died in the attack.

Lots of other stuff too. Unlike the prequel novels, its canon.
>>
>>44448517
Well bear in mind that the ships were introduced over the course of the 3 films in the OT to begin with. They didn't just dump them all in at first. We didn't even see the Emperor until some time into TESB and even then it was a woman with chimp eyes superimposed on (until the DVD version). There seemed to be a load of the Calamari people involved in the Rebellion yet we didn't see them until ROTJ, if I'm remembering correctly. Somehow these guys and Ackbar weren't involved in the incredibly critical Death Star attack. Partly it's because they hadn't invented them yet, partly it's because you don't want to drop too much into the story at once.
>>
>>44448517
>don't make new Y-Wing
>but ONLY TIE fighters

Movie making reason is because they're trying to imitate A New Hope by starting small and not cluttering the movie with too much stuff. In-universe reason, at least for the Y-Wings, is because Resistance only gets scraps, which is why they only have T-70s instead of T-85s, for instance.
>>
>>44448517
Just like in the old films just because this is all we see doesn't mean it's all there is. Bombing wouldn't have helped the First Order in any of the battles as they were trying to take prisoners hence no tie variants. Kind of lame that the Resistance just uses X-wings especially on a bombing mission but X-Wings are a pretty reliable multi-role fighter. I'm sure we'll see more as the movies continue.
>>
>>44448517

The X-Wing the Resistance uses is actually an older version, the New Republic uses T-85s. But I would have loved to see new ships, like >>44448513 wanted.

They did have Special Forces TIE Fighters, which have their guns on turret mounts. Though it's still a TIE Fighter. Next movie definitely needs to have new craft.

>>44448580

Though, is the book any good? I'm considering getting some books to read up on.

Also, nice Black One there. Good job on BB-8.
>>
>>44448517
Y-Wings were like WW2 bombers in the modern day.
X-Wings were a new ship. It makes sense they'd have more in the series.

That being said, they do look great. But logically they should only be pirate ships now, as the Republic can afford top of the line craft.

Like how merchants should have YT-2400's or an even newer model now.
>>
>>44448580
>Sweden
I think you mean Switzerland, they're the ones famous for being neutral. However, even Switzerland has an army. It's a bit of a myth. In WW2 they'd shoot down planes from both sides and kill soldiers from both sides. They also turned several hundred thousand Jews back to the Nazis, knowing that the holocaust was taking place (something they've apologised for officially since).
>>
>>44448615
I'm glad they had some alien pilots in this one but the lack of aliens as main characters besides chewie is still kind of lame. Rogue One is supposed to be a "best of the best" secret mission and so far it has one alien that hasn't even been pictured. Guardians of the Galaxy has 1 human why can't Star Wars spare a few more easy aliens like Twi'leks?
>>
>>44448627
>They did have Special Forces TIE Fighters
My question is why update ("update") the basic TIE instead of the advance? X-Wing's obviously a new model, but the special forces TIE is just TIE, black edition.
>>
>>44448355
It's looking alright. Only thing's I'd recommend, are giving Tur Phenir Veteran Instincts (comes with Firespray). With his PS 7, and built-in action economy, he wants to shoot fast and dodge out of arcs of slower ships. Vet Instincts gives him that at PS 9.

I've run Trelix a few times, and Cluster Missiles with Extra Munitins is a good use of his pilot ability, but he really likes having a cannon of some kind (as it triggers his ability, too). Stealth Device is also quite thematic for Slave-1, but unfortunately it doesn't do much for the Firespray in the long run. Keep Stealth Devices on ships that have a natural 3 Agility, so it (in theory) lasts longer.

With Vet Instincts on Tur Phenir, and removing Stealth Device from Trelix, you should be able to afford a cannon for him.

Epsilon Leader strikes me as mostly for swarms. Interceptors need no help with stress shedding, and Trelix isn't likely to care that much about it. Epsilon Ace is a nice, cheap alternative. But if you've got 25pts to work with, Zeta Ace with PtL and Engine Upgrade has been a blast to fly for me. A Juke+Comm Omega Pilot would be good too, at 22pts. Omega Leader looks means as fuck against everything. But Epsilon Leader (IMO at least), really needs to be in a swarm. But hey, I have only recently started running the new FOs, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>44448697
They must have been spending all their cash on Death Star 3.0
>>
>>44448697
Because when you're Empireboos desperately struggling to recapture your self-proclaimed "glory days" you cling hard to the popular symbols of Imperial power, not the prototype super-fighter used by The Emperor's Right Hand Who No-One Even Really Knew For Sure Was Real Until He Was Choking Them.
>>
>>44448713
>the number of people who don't realise you you can PtL Turr DURING combat to get a shot on someone and them arc-dodge before they shoot back
>>
>>44448738
but it wasn't just a prototype in the end, you see them flying around endor
>>
>>44448646
No, Switzerland has a Military, he means Sweden which couldn't even pass its own readiness examinations and treats what little military it DOES have as a vessel for social experiments.
>>
>>44448513
Ultimately my one complaint was with the not seeing many of the ships. I would have liked to have seen some B-Wings, and A-Wings kicking around still, or some Tie Interceptor First Orders. More ships beyond just Tie Fighters, X-Wings, and some shuttles.

I get that the Resistance was supposed to be a small organization barely the size of a small Rebel cell... But 24 X-Wings does seem like they could have had a fee more ships.
>>
>>44448738
>you cling hard to the popular symbols of Imperial power
if they're willing to redesign the stormtrooper armor, I don't see why an actually new TIE is out of the question
>>
File: 181st Interceptor.png (43 KB, 200x129) Image search: [Google]
181st Interceptor.png
43 KB, 200x129
>>44448767
Those
Those were Interceptors, buddy. Pic related.
>>
Having just watched the latest movie, I've avoided all info on it until now. Could someone give me a quick rundown of what we know is going on - what's the Resistance, why is it not the army of the Republic, what exactly does the First Order control aside from the Starkiller etc etc?
>>
>>44448767
Do you?

I only remember seeing squints and eyeballs
>>
File: uiyiu.png (3 MB, 1800x1012) Image search: [Google]
uiyiu.png
3 MB, 1800x1012
>>44448773
Well looking at stats, over 1/5 of its population is in the armed forces. The country has had armed forces for over 500 years. It's not a bad thing if a country's army isn't used much. America could learn a lot from them instead of being at war for over 90% of its existence and being responsible for 20-30 million deaths since the end of WW2.
>>
>>44448884
Yes, I could.
>>
>>44448627
I saw some people on /co/ saying you should read the book before or immediately after seeing the movie, since it makes it better. I assume that means its good.
Not my paint job, but someone did post it here saying it was theirs.

I can't wait for the TIE/sf in X-Wing. I don't like the Decimator but really want a turret, plus a good missile option is always nice.
>>
>>44448719
Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised...

>Hey, why don't we just got Death Star 3, and spend all those excess resources on new Tie Interceptors, and Defenders (BECAUSE FUCK YOU THEY'RE CANON AGAIN!).

Snoops:
>NOPES! Build planet-sized Death Star and make do with Tie/FOs!
>>
>>44448884
The Republic don't see the First Order as a threat. I guess the reality is, no one knows about Snoke, Kylo Ren is a relatively new kid on the block, it just seems like a little band of assholes throwing their insignificant weight around.

In this context, the Starkiller actually makes sense. It's a hell of a lot of power in a very small space (speaking on a galactic scale). The FO is going against a galaxy-spanning empire (by another name) so putting aside the logistics for a second, having something like a Death Star is ideal for them. I'm sure after all those planets got destroyed in TFA, the Republic will take them more seriously. Even more so when they find out about Snoke.
>>
>>44448758
Wrong.

PtL gives you a stress, so the only timing you'd be able to do would be in response to your free barrel rollnor boost. In order to take an action, you canmt have a stress token (unless your name is Tycho). So taking PtL on Tur Phenir, focusing, PtL for something, shooting, and THEN getting your free action arc-dodge, doesn't work.
>>
>>44448944
>What does the Resistance even have? Small one-manned fighters? Those couldn't possibly pose a threat to our battle station!
>>
>>44448884
Republic signs a big treaty with the remnants of the empire after a big battle at Jakku basically saying no more fighting.

Republic is antsy about another Civil War so they don't have a standing army. They also don't belive the First Order to be a threat as they don't know the extent of their remilitarization.

Leia's like "dude, no, there's gonna be a war again we need to be ready," Senate's like fuck that, so Leia goes and coordinates the Resistance, a union of a bunch of smaller defence forces and cells operating outside the Republic (though some senators secretly support it).
>>
>>44449000
Is Snoke actually a secret? People talk about the supreme leader a lot in the film. Elusive is definitely different than secret.
>>
>>44448697
JJ described the First Orders as the Hitler Youth and a small number of SS who escaped to Argentina, took over parts of South America, built a new Reich and army, and launched World War 3 on a demilitarized world by blowing up the UN and White House/Buckingham Palace.

They're fanatics with only a small number of realists and veterans in their leadership. They're counting on their sense of superiority and an unprepared world.

It'd be like bringing back Panzers and Messerschmitts back but with upgrades. Which is what would likely happen in such a scenario.
>>
>>44448884
Read Aftermath, Lost Stars, and the movie novelization for the most info possible.

Aftermath sucks, but has the best setup info.
>>
>>44449007
What I was describing is exactly:

>do normal action
>shoot
>get free boost/BR
>PtL off that to get either a second movement action or whichever token you might want if you can't dodge the arcs.

Turr is just about the same action-efficiency as Fell, only a different free action and timing,.
>>
>>44448944
Death Star 3 is logical. Cheap to take a tech for a weapon you already have and stick it on terrain.

The best idea would be they salvaged the weapon of the original Death Star where the biggest chunks of it landed and made it functional like in the original script.
Also, not having it blow up since that was way too much pottery.
>>
File: picard-facepalm.jpg (23 KB, 921x606) Image search: [Google]
picard-facepalm.jpg
23 KB, 921x606
>>44449000
>it just seems like a little band of assholes throwing their insignificant weight around.
>insignificant weight
>NR Intelligence somehow completely missed the fact that these motherfuckers were building another planet-killer

Getting real tired of writers constantly making the New Republic incompetent.
>>
>>44449007
no, your wrong. if you dont ptl during your action phase, you can PTL off of your free barrel roll.
>>
>>44449044
We already know JJ is a retard. No need to reiterate.

I bet he thinks WW1 was caused by the assassination of franz ferdinand too.
>>
>>44449106
Ok. Yeah, that setup works. But you're going at only a PS 7. That puts you on par with lower-rung aces, and most of what Scum has. 9 gives you that much more oomph, pushing you out of arcs at Vader-speed.

You are correct, then. It's a viable alternative, especially if you need both a boost and barrel-roll to clear out of an arc. It just means Phennir has to wait his turn a bit longer.
>>
>>44448944
Well to be fair, they managed to take out an entire system in about 30 seconds including what appeared to be one with a very large population and a lot of wealth. No amount of TIEs could do that in that time (if ever). Also, a part of it is that it's disguised as a planet. Until it was actually used, it wouldn't be recognisable as a weapon.

I mean, we have a slightly more complex situation across the saga than people often realise. It's a joke that the Death Stars get destroyed yet we do see one take out a whole planet in ANH. If it wasn't for plot armour and "the good guys have to win", surely it could have shot through Yavin and kept firing into Yavin 4 as well. If it wasn't for the bizarre choice of putting the shield generator on a separate moon (instead of inside itself) as well as the Imperials inexplicably building a little back entrance to the shield generator that was somehow discovered by a group of silly little teddie bears, the Mk 2 would have been invincible.

Or to flip it around, the first one was only destroyed because of Luke, a powerful Jedi that no one knew existed, not even his own father. That same guy is missing, possibly dead, and either way is very old. The 2nd one has even more of a plot-forced reason for failing than the first, yet even then it still took a couple of legendary characters to take out.
>>
>>44449138
If they were competent they'd just be the empire.

They have to force them into the good guy box, regardless of their immoral actions.

Because it is a franchise for children.
>>
File: franz-ferdinand.jpg (70 KB, 339x244) Image search: [Google]
franz-ferdinand.jpg
70 KB, 339x244
>>44449146

They're dead? And it caused WW1? A shame, I liked some of their music and didn't really like WW1 at all. The sequel was better by far.
>>
>>44449138
They built it inside a planet. Our galaxy has at least 100 billion planets - obviously this isn't ours, but that's just a point of reference. That's not that much of an intelligence error, even if there were only, say, 1000 planets in a galaxy.

Also, the tables have turned. The Imperials are repeatedly incompetent on the OT, now the Republic are in charge it's their turn. I mean, failing to notice a subterranean building project in 1/1,000,000,000th of the planets in your galaxy isn't that bad. Letting an escape pod leave Leia's ship in ANH because there are "no life signs" even though the fucking plans aren't alive, so what do life signs matter? That's insane. Not to mention this is a setting where droids are everywhere and they don't have life signs. Darth Vader is meant to be intelligent yet he stops Leia's ship when he could've just followed her to the Rebel Base. Somehow a few guys can waltz around the inside of the Death Star unimpeded. They build a perfectly straight exhaust vent that somehow sucks in missiles... The list goes on, just in the first film alone.
>>
>>44449013
if it wasn't for the ground people blowing a hole in the structure and poe being an impossibly good pilot, then it would have just vaporized the resistance base with no problem.
>>
>>44449122
Except they had to completely alter the terrain and dig a huge trench on the equator of the planet. Also, the thing devours suns, so it makes more sense that it be a mobile space station like the Death Star. I mean, after that last charge, the sun is clearly gone. Then what? No more shots. Now your gun is empty and you can't recharge it.
>>
>>44448896
Their readiness exam basically said "If either of our neighbors decided they didn't want us around any more and the US, UK, Germany, France, or Russia didn't take our side we'd be dead"

>>44449122
Only the hyperspace-laser-shotgun-Sun-eater is DEFINITELY new tech.

>>44449266
They let it live because with no life signs once it landed they could get the plans out of it. Since they didn't expect the rebels to have droids able to override the pre-programmed "LIVING BEINGS ONLY" rule for escape pods that could walk away from the landing site.
>>
>>44449265
OH HOHOHO AHAHAHAHA

THAT'S SO FUNNY

AHAHAHAHA

MAN, YOU SHOULD POST THAT TO REDDIT XD
>>
>>44449327
They knew how the movie was going to end. They read the script.

The same way that rey didn't even take a step backward when that giant rift opened up behind her and kylo ren "it says here i meet luke in the next scene, so obviously i'm safe to stand here like a fool"

You can't make sense of it, because there is no sense intended. It's a movie~ just turn off your brain~~
>>
Would I be That Guy if I wanted to play an escaped Nightsister in a Force and Destiny game?
>>
>>44449000
And then literally everyone in the galaxy dogpiles them because NIMBY with this Death Star shit again.

Not a great plan.
>>44449044
So they're going to literally fall down because if the New Republic is the UN in this analogy, then they just took out the meeting place of governments, not the actual heads of state or their chains of succession or individual systems' militaries.

All they did was give a squabbling galactic community a target to vent their aggression on.

>>44449138
I was tired of it five years ago, what changed your mind?

>>44449266
Part of me doubts that all the structures we see on Starkiller Base originated from materials already on or in the planet. So manpower and material movement is usually a big indicator that something's going down and it's how the Rebellion found out that something like another Death Star was being build back before RotJ. Anyone paying attention would have noticed that a huge amount of men and material is going to somewhere in the Unknown Regions and it's in big enough numbers to be worrying.

But that's assuming anyone paid attention, and according to our new Galactic situation, everyone sat playing with their dicks for 25 years.
>>
>>44449366
That depends are you going to play a Nightsister as an outcast from a society of matriarchal warrior women who ride rancors or as the Clone Wars depicts Nightsisters?
>>
>>44449385
>And then literally everyone in the galaxy dogpiles them because NIMBY with this Death Star shit again.

The empire was the only thing protecting them from slavers and pirates. Nobody has the time or manpower to spare now that everyone has to police themselves.

Not a great plan, indeed.

The plot to star wars is basically " al-qaeda blows up the world trade centers and kills the president, then they become the new world government that everyone loves and respects"

it cannot make sense. maybe if this was feudal japan, then it could make some sense. But by shoehorning The Hidden Fortress into the box of science fiction, it cut off all possible sense and explanation. The story is a microscopic stage that somehow encompases a whole galaxy.
>>
>>44449333
>They let it live because with no life signs once it landed they could get the plans out of it. Since they didn't expect the rebels to have droids able to override the pre-programmed "LIVING BEINGS ONLY" rule for escape pods that could walk away from the landing site.
None of that is stated in the film. What IS stated in the film is that they didn't realise the plans were in it until Vader said it shortly afterwards THEN they decide to try and track it down. That "living beings only" thing is presumably a fan idea or something from the EU, it's not stated at all in the film itself. It's irrelevant either way since all they needed to do was blow up the plans, droids or no. Maybe the Star Destroyer only had 2 laser shots left and they needed to save them for later.

To be fair, the Rebels are pretty retarded too. Their whole thing in ANH is to find a weakness in the Death Star. You know what would be a GREAT weakness? If it somehow pulled you inside itself with a tractor beam and you had free rein to walk around inside, access the mainframe computer systems and wander around turning off functions. Think of the untold damage you could do. But that would never happen. Oh, wait...

Then after they escape, Leia knows they're be tracked. Now would be a great time to change ships, throw them off the trail, give the plans to someone else (e.g. Luke) while you stay on the Falcon and act as a decoy. ANYTHING but lead them directly there. But guess what Leia does... She resisted torture, she got her home destroyed along with 99% of everyone she'd even known and loved, yet in the end still happily led the Imperials to the Rebels.
>>
>>44449468
do you realize how much time you're spending trying to make sense of the plot of a toy commercial?
>>
>>44449443
Well put. I agree.
>>
>>44449200
>If they were competent they'd just be the empire.
No, if the NR was competent, they'd be the NR as portrayed by Stackpole and Allston--slightly hamstrung by bureaucrats, Bothans, and economics but still staffed by enough cowboy cops to get shit done.

>immoral actions
Oh boy, here we go again.

>>44449266
Starkiller Base isn't exactly very hard to tell apart from other planets. And the Rebel Alliance, which had far fewer resources and personnel, managed to get their hands on the Death Star plans. NR Intelligence should be swimming in cash and people by comparison. It shouldn't be that hard to keep tabs on First Order space.

>>44449443
>The empire was the only thing protecting them from slavers and pirates.
The Empire wasn't doing shit about that. Tatooine was a lawless shithole and scum like Boba Fett were on Vader's payroll. Palps and Xizor were pals. The Empire used slave labor whenever Vader wasn't in choking distance. The Empire isn't the United States. It's a combination of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and the Roman Empire.
>>
File: phasma.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>44449313

>Starkiller Base was an inside job!
>Look at this footage, we see the T-70s make several direct hits, but cause the thermal oscillator no damage
>Then we see an explosion, damage to the side where the Resistance wasn't concentrating on
>And then when whole thing goes up FROM THE INSIDE
>WHO IS THIS MASKED WOMAN! I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HER
>#starkillertruth
>>
>>44449489
I'm not trying to make sense of it. I'm pointing out how little sense it makes in an attempt to address the imbalance of criticism aimed at new SW material compared to older SW material. The plots of the various films are all nonsensical when you actually think even a tiny little bit about them. TFA is the least nonsensical one, not the most.

Besides, it's an undeniable fact it's a toy commercial, yet at the same time it's an undeniable fact that Romeo and Juliet is just a rewrite of a story that Shakespeare read, basically fanfiction. (Not that I'm compared ANH to R&J, just saying that something can rise above its origins. It's also an interesting comparison because both things will always be worshipped as masterpieces as no one will ever accept anything being better than them).
>>
>>44449194
Death Star 1 had a canon design flaw and overconfident leaders, plus Sheev canon figured that by putting Vader on it the Death Star would be protected. That's when he began realizing he needed a new apprentice.

Death Star 2 was destroyed because (in Legends) it would have been indestructable, which Sheev thought would mean using the one time it would not be as bait for all the Rebels everywhere was flawless logic (according to Lucas he only lost because he can forsee everything but positive emotions, and Luke's mercy and the Rebel valor rather than retreating when they saw the superlaser was operational was the surprise that caused his defeat).

Starkiller Base had one goal; blow up the entire Republic leadership at once. After that, it was pure profit for whatever else it accomplished.
>>
>>44449443
Oh, hey Hidden Fortress guy. How've you been?
Obviously, you didn't like the movie so I won't ask about that. So.... how about that weather we've been having?
>>
File: The.Hidden.Fortress.1958.jpg (796 KB, 1920x804) Image search: [Google]
The.Hidden.Fortress.1958.jpg
796 KB, 1920x804
>>44449513
>No, if the NR was competent, they'd be the NR as portrayed by Stackpole and Allston--slightly hamstrung by bureaucrats, Bothans, and economics but still staffed by enough cowboy cops to get shit done.

Another reason why they can't have that be the plot of children's movies.

>Oh boy, here we go again.
Sorry, i don't subscribe to objectivism.

>The Empire wasn't doing shit about that.
Not on the outer rim, no. Even the Empire had a limit to it's logistics. Were the Core Worlds all lawless hellholes? How many rapes per cubic meter do you think a planet like Coruscant had? Do we see any of it?

>citing legends material
Not canon.

>It's a combination of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and the Roman Empire.
No, it's just Imperial Japan. Your narrative of history is not an objective fact. If they were the romans, then they wouldn't have lost. If they were the nazis, it would only be because some previous power starved them to the insanity of electing fucking hitler.

Emperor, Vader.
Emperor, Daimyo.

You've just got to accept it.
>>
>>44449337
Back to your containment board my good man
>>
>>44449555
TFA makes as much sense as any of the other movies, since they're all pretty ad-hoc when it comes to story material. They wrote themselves into a corner with ANH and lacked the talent to develop it much further than the original plot elements robbed from Akira Kurosawa.
>>
>>44449605
>>44449585

Keep posting off topic. We'll keep talking about star wars.
>>
>>44449418
Well, the Clone wars had them dying, so the former.
I probably won't have a rancor to take care of though.
>>
>>44449513
>Starkiller Base isn't exactly very hard to tell apart from other planets.
Yeah but this isn't like the setting is basically in a tiny little country like Wales and there are 50 hills, one of which has a subterranean castle being "secretly" being built in it.

I know you can't apply real science to Star Wars, yet when you're trying to make a logical argument about the events within the story, you've already stepped into the world of reason and logic that SW can't really survive. So on that note, it would take 100,000 years to travel across our galaxy at the speed of light. This is the thing; observing anything across a whole galaxy when even at light speed you'd spend 100,000 years travelling in a straight line through a very thin slice of it is basically impossible.

On a side note, this is kind of a big thing with SW. It's set in a galaxy yet is written as if it's taking place in a single country or a single planet at best.
>>
>>44449648
Remember the scene where finn can see the beams travelling past his planet at a shorter distance between the earth and the moon? Just like how spock saw vulcan implode?

JJ the jackass strikes again.
>>
>>44449616
Well not really. In TFA the only "now how the fuck did that happen again?" thing is really when Han instantly locates the Falcon. ANH has similar events happening every few minutes (e.g. how Vader happened to board Leia's ship when she just happened to be above the hiding place of Obi Wan, the probe then just happened to land within a few miles of his home out of a whole fucking planet). With that Han/Falcon thing, you can at least reason that there was a tracking device on the Falcon that ran off the main power of the ship. It would only activate when the craft was being flown or used in some way.

Also, don't forget there's at least another two films to fill in the gaps. IV through to VI concluded 32 years ago and none of the nonsense in ANH was every explained away within the movies.
>>
>>44449677
>completely missing the point if his post
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 712x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 712x570
>>44449588
The Oni tricked the priest into destroying the Shinto monks so they could rule Japan with an army of the dead.

But Sakaiwalker did not know his son and daughter survived, hidden in Kyoto and Korea.
>>
>>44449705
All of that is due to that portion of the movie being lifted whole cloth from the hidden fortress.

Like i said, Star Wars takes place in a galaxy, but the story is framed on a microscopic stage, about as big as 3 japanese provinces.
>>
>>44449705

Tracking device was out of signal range, or ran on ship power and the ship was unpowered most of the time.

Makes more sense than Han would have had much more time to jump in-system once he got signal again.
>>
>>44449720
Fuck you, moron. i was adding to the realism discussion.

>>44449731
Yeah didn't that actually happen with the Ikko Ikki when they told the shogun to fuck off?
>>
>>44449754
Tracking devices didn't exist in feudal japan so leia had no way of expecting it.
>>
>>44449588
Vader in the canon comics lets criminal scum like Jabba do their thing despite hanging out in the Outer Rim.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Sun
Canon Black Sun is also buddies with the Empire.

>Slavery
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slavery
Canon. The Empire used plenty of slaves.

>If they were the nazis
Watch RotS again. Palpatine's rise to power has several parallels to Hitler and the Roman transition from republic to empire. See also the Imperial officer uniforms, Veers' Hoth uniform, the use of "Stormtroopers," the canon genocides, and the obsession with bullshit wunderwaffen. Vader's helmet is both samurai kabuto and stahlhelm, as well.
>>
So are people just ignoring that big Republic fleet that is both mentioned and shown on screen.

Looked like at least a dozen Mon Calamari type cruisers to me. They clearly still have a central military and the film makes it clear the First Order cannot act while its around.
>>
>>44449781

The nazi parallels were because that's who the bad guys were in the Dambusters.
>>
>>44449705
>and none of the nonsense in ANH was every explained away within the movies
ANH was made as a single movie

TFA was made as part of a trilogy first and foremost, and made in a time where every second without an explosion is a potential loss of revenue

that's the difference
>>
>>44449813
>TFA was made as part of a trilogy first and foremost, and made in a time where every second without an explosion is a potential loss of revenue

This. There are so many pointless action scenes. The whole shit with the tie fighter reduced the character moments between finn and poe to just a few seconds of "Impoeimanumberanumber?i'llcallyoufinn!ohFinn!ilikethat!nowicanuseblasters!"
>>
>>44449798

I must have missed its screen time, but I did hear it mentioned. First Order Hux guy said the Starkiller weapon would also conveniently take out a large chunk of the Republic Armada.

Though if we're considering Starkiller as a means to an end rather than an end, the point was simply to disrupt the Republic enough to take advantage of the chaos blowing up their capital would do, as well as send a strong message to the other three Imperial Remnant factions that there's a strong banner you can unite under.
>>
File: Aesop.jpg (299 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Aesop.jpg
299 KB, 1200x1200
>>44449837
>hux's speech
>evil grey eyes bulging
>I'M EEEEEVILLLLLL
>they bitch out on the heil hitler because children are watching
>mfw
>>
any good names you guys can suggest for a fighter craft?
>>
>>44449924
The Wandering Star
>>
>>44449924
Depends on the personality of the pilot, really.

What kind of stereotype is he?
>>
>>44449924
Are we talking a ship class or just a personalized name for a single fighter?
>>
>>44449884

I think they drove home the Nazi analogy without the ceramics of a "Seig Heil." Though they did so in higher contrast than the original Empire.
>>
>>44448878
oh bugger

Well, I do know the advanced went semi-general-issue in now non-canonical stuff like X-Wing/TIE Fighter.
>>
File: Mical.jpg (23 KB, 329x454) Image search: [Google]
Mical.jpg
23 KB, 329x454
Does anybody like this guy?
>>
>>44449884
How can you type if the movie turned you to stone?
>>44449924
>names for fighter craft
Gladius
XLR-8
Tinnus TR-90 Space Superiority Fighter
>>
>>44449942
single fighter

>>44449939
reckless
>>
>>44449755
Sort of. But they were actually lead by the monks, as most peasant rebellions were.

They also got absolutely crushed. As most peasant rebellions were.
>>
>>44449954
They didn't do that salute. They had their fists closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

Like eugenics,the nazi's didn't invent it either.
>>
>>44449781
New comics are great for showing how Sheev and Vader interacted when Vader questioned his use of slavery.
>>
>>44449980
He's okay.
He's inferior mechanically to the fucking powerhouse that is Brianna though.
I also liked Brianna's story arc more.
>>
>>44449924
Lil' Bitch

Just so that brisge crews will have to say things like "Sir! The Lil' Bitch took out our deflector shields!" Or "All hands prepare to fire on the Lil' Bitch!"
>>
This list looks incredibly fun.

TIE/fo Fighter: · "Epsilon Leader" (19)
TIE Fighter: · "Howlrunner" w/ Push The Limit (21)
TIE/fo Fighter: Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)
>>
>>44449834
But anon, the TIE scene was amazing.

The whole pirate/alien monster corridor chase should have been cut though to make more room for exposition anf character interaction.

Also, since they cut Poe's solo adventure he probably should have just stayed with Finn until the Imperial attack on Jakku.
>>
>>44449987
As most rebellions are when there isn't an ocean hamstringing troop logistics.

>>44449985
The Write-off
>>
>>44449980
Bland as FUCK, 0/10, had to install mod to get Handmaiden instead.
>>
File: not.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>>44450027
You think that's funny?

wew
>>
>>44450030
I like that setup. I might have to try it sometime.
>>
>>44450031
It was pointless junk action. Only two things in that scene mattered:

1) Being Shot down
2) Finn getting his name.

Had they stealthy stolen the thing and then drifted away in the hopes of going undetected, they could have had a much better paced character moment, in lower tones, and nothing else would be different. We just had a gigantic fight scene less than 10 minutes before that, could the audience not keep their attention for that brief a time?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.