[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leaving a 40k group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1409373060452.jpg (103 KB, 458x698) Image search: [Google]
1409373060452.jpg
103 KB, 458x698
I love the setting and I've realized that I hate the game. The problem is that I have made a lot of great friends over the past 5 years that I've been playing.

In that time I've seen people that have left the game too. In every case, they no longer hang out with us in any form. It's almost like 40k was the glue that bound them to us.

How do I drop the game without fading away from my 40k friends?

Side question. How do I 40k without 40king?
>>
>>44443023

Simple: Keep in touch. Give 'em a phone call. Go watch them play, just for the social part of it. Hang out, have a beer together, suck their dicks, shit like that.
>>
Get into the wargame. Try GMing. And this >>44443052
too.
>>
>>44443023
Do modeling instead maybe. Offer to paint your freinds minis. This way you'll still be important to their gaming, everyone likes well painted models, without playing the game.

Alternatively either GM or fond a GM for a 40k rpg. This one will take some scheming. You'll have to get the most charasmatic person on board or spring the suggestion when everyone is just bored enough to try something new.
>>
>>44443066
The wargame? Is that different than the 28mm tabletop wargame I've been playing?
>>
>>44443396
Welp. I thought you were talking about the RPGs, like Dark Heresy and stuff.

By the way, if you love the setting, try them, they are very decent and simple.
>>
Contiune to visit the meetings. Just stop playing.
Maybe a round of killteam once in a while?
>>
>>44443023
Introduce them to Dark Heresy, Only War, Black Crusade, etc.

Admittedly, that's only how you 40k without 40king.
>>
>>44443023
>How do I 40k without 40king?
You play the 40k RPGs with them. You get to use all those models you have.
>>
>>44445004

This. Many of the players will be glad to use their minis still and you'll still be hanging out w/ them and the 40k universe but without having to play the wargame.

Also consider switching to Epic Armageddon.
>>
File: [Sadly Go-Karts].jpg (18 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
[Sadly Go-Karts].jpg
18 KB, 640x367
>TFW I love the setting and the minis, but the price and lack of balance are pushing me away
>>
>>44445545
I know your pain

I kind of hope that a fan made ruleset will gain some traction, but it will never happen.
>>
>>44445636
And it's not like I'm expecting perfect balance. But Tau and Eldar are so OP that it hurts.

That, and the fact that I can get into X-Wing and Infinity for the cost of a 500 point 40k army is very tempting. I realize comparing skirmish games to large-scale games is kinda like apples and oranges, but still.
>>
>>44445680
If you want to play a wargame and like large scale battles, you can always try something like Flames of War or Kings of War. Both games let you use 3rd party hard plastic minis, so the price of starting an army can be really cheap.

In the end it really isn't the same. Hopefully GW gets their shit together and improves their ruleset.
>>
Beer and pretzels bruh, beer and pretzels.
>>
>>44445717
Literally all they need is to get some good designers for the codices, and they're golden.
>>
>>44445834
>Literally all they need to do is...

This is GW we're talking about, anon.
They own a golden egg laying chicken and they make a living selling omelettes.
Expecting GW to do something sane in the context is like expecting public transportation to follow the time table perfectly.
>>
>>44445834
They also need to cut the prices. I haven't bought a brand new model in 3 years and it's getting more and more rare that I'll buy a used model. The cost of the game is part of why I hate it
>>
File: 1419518349219_jpg.jpg (182 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1419518349219_jpg.jpg
182 KB, 746x982
>>44445545
>this feel
>I know it well
>keep buying 40k anyways because people are selling models off super cheap and I love painting them
>just dropped $$55 on $120 worth of skitari
>mfw that's just 3 troops worth maybe 600pts tops if I went full retard in loadout

I mean it's great for me as a painter because I can buy cool shit cheap, but it bodes I'll for the game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.