[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that its part of casting costs... how long til chroma/devotion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 15px-Manac[1].png (955 B, 15x15) Image search: [Google]
15px-Manac[1].png
955 B, 15x15
Now that its part of casting costs... how long til chroma/devotion to Colorless?
>>
http://tabakrules.tumblr.com/post/135539909699/does-stuff-like-kozilek-the-great-distortions
>>
>>44441282
but why not? devotion I understand, but chroma fits perfectly mechanically with eldrazi stuff.
>>
Question for dipshits who think C is a color:

Would a creature that cost 2CR and did not have devoid be a colorless creature?

No. It wouldn't.
>>
>>44441282
>a narrow sliver of design space
Colorless slivers incoming
>>
>>44441562
2<> is a color.
>>
>>44441312

Because counting colorless manacosts gets weird as soon as you hit generic mana costs.

It's also like, super one set parasitic, because they haven't printed colorless in costs before.

It also would require that they normalize Kozi's wierd mechinic, (to go with opponent's exiled cards as a resource for Ula, and ???? for Emrakul (only her most tough progeny survived her leaving, but having high toughness isn't that weird.)
>>
>>44441562
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
>>
>>44441659
Except it's two generic mana and one colorless mana.

There's no colored mana there at all.
>>
>>44441562
>>44442056
Yes yes. It behaves like any color with the exception that 'color' or 'coloured' doesn't refer to it.
>>
>>44441629

>Doesn't know about Ghostflame Sliver
>>
>>44442097
No, it doesn't.

5C works the same way as 6 with "To cast this creature you must spend AT LEAST 1 colorless mana" does. C is NOT a color, it's a quick way of defining mana to be paid SPECIFICALLY in colorless mana, like how caverns specifies creature or drain essence specifies black.
>>
File: templeoftheforsakengods.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
templeoftheforsakengods.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
>>44441312
I don't see why flavor wise devotion can't work. The eldrazi where worshiped as gods.

I also don't see why it would both take more than a small amount of changing the devotion rules to allow it mechanically (and I don't see anything wrong with doing that).
>>
>>44443112
because they haven't been worshipped as gods for a fuck-long time now, and the entire plane is wanting to killmurder their facevoids.
>>
>>44442514
Exactly. It's a specific type of mana cost that is paid for by generators of a specific type of mana. You can't use any color to pay for it, you have to use colorless specifically.

By your logic, Shivan Dragon is just 6 with a clause saying "You must pay at least RR to cast Shivan Dragon."

The only way you can say it's "not a color" is because it gets around things like "protection from colored" or Ultimate Price. It's the color that is defined as not being a color.
>>
>>44444754
Tell that to the kor that tried to sacrifice Jace and Jori En to Mangeni/Ula (i.e. Ulamog).
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/believers-pilgrimage-2015-09-02
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.