[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: 1450460878347.jpg (75 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
1450460878347.jpg
75 KB, 500x707
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Half-dragon PC race when?

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44430446
>>
File: special ayyy cannon.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
special ayyy cannon.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>44439746
>Alien-blooded PC race when?

FTFY
>>
>>44439773
>Tfw no fusion dance teamwork feat.
>>
Well, I just got around to actually counting how many classes there are. I was able to group some of the race descriptions together (like human offshoots), and ignore a few others are being simply uncommon, but I don't know what approach I should take to classes.

For reference I am the tripfag writing an AP, and am currently writing the Character Building guide.

What approach do you all think would be a good one to describe how different classes fit into the world (not hard fast rules, but ideas)? Or perhaps do you think it would be better to describe the setting and let the players just decide for themselves?

I posted this in the last thread and some people game me good ideas. Perhaps this would be a good way to handle it:

>People who learned magic at an institute, such as Wizards, Alchemists, and some Summoners could have learned it...
>People who were part of the clergy, such as Clerics, Inquisitors, and Paladins could have learned it...
>etc.

I think that's better than addressing each class individually.
>>
File: Ainlinn Dymytrio.png (2 MB, 2298x2232) Image search: [Google]
Ainlinn Dymytrio.png
2 MB, 2298x2232
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A0B2Un1b5hCNDrecBDymrlSluU9DJwGlo-uPQeyopis/edit?usp=sharing

Alright, more work has been done on the Fusilier (And especially the additional discoveries that are not limited to it.)

It is, however, still very much a work in progress. Any thoughts on general power/issues would be highly appreciated.

The Fusilier is a warrior-alchemist, working without extracts but with great skill with blade, bomb and gun.

It's really not a finished product and I've made a couple of comments about areas I'm not happy with.
>>
>>44439869
>replaces extracts
>gets full initiating

You serious?
>>
>>44439869
If you're doing full initiating and no extracts, why not take a full initiator and give it the relevant alchemist abilities instead? Seems like you're doing it backwards.
>>
Gareth as waifu = do not fucking want
>>
>>44440085
Yeah, I don't think he'd make a good waifu. He's not a drow.
>>
>>44439746
There are rules for creating custom races...

Too bad everyone in my group just uses it to make totally broken versions of races from Videogames (Elder Scrolls) and doesn't understand how the Racial Point adjustment system is supposed to work in regards to keeping things semi-balanced.
>>
File: 1449459917197.png (271 KB, 599x457) Image search: [Google]
1449459917197.png
271 KB, 599x457
>>44440085
>>44440116
I feel so love.
>>
What is the different between Profession : Chef and Craft : Food?
>>
How badly I mess up here?

War Clacker
Price 90*
Type light Proficiency Exotic
Dmg 1d4/1d3 (b) Crit. x2
Weapon group Weight
Qualities Concealed, distracting
>>
>>44440143
Welp, that was an easy typo to avoid.

G'night /pfg/, see you tomorrow.
>>
File: 44703546.png (1 MB, 852x1200) Image search: [Google]
44703546.png
1 MB, 852x1200
>>44431293
are you who i think you are?

there are a few things similar in pathfinder, but none that truly allow you the unadulterated freedom of a dungeon keeper, possession, minion link, etc, are all replicatable, but you'd need to spend money to have infinate uses of it

>>44431830
take a light shield and TWF, or take a tower shield and be a paladin of bastion of good.
>>
>>44440163
Crafting food means you make food.
Chef is putting love into food, that spark that cannot be replicated.
>>
>>44440163
Profession: Chef lets you perform actions specific to the trade of being a chef, such as organizing dinners, ordering produce, maybe disguising yourself as a traveling master chef to intrude in something as part of a mission, etc. Plus you can use it to make money as a chef.

Craft: Food lets you make food. If you are a chef, you're just one of the grunts that makes food. You might be very good, but you're only trained in food and not the other aspects that the profession entails.
>>
>>44440163
>Craft (Food)
You can intelligently and skillfully create food. You might put love into your food, and make masterwork food that even the gods drool over. But in the end, what you're making is "just" the food.

>Profession (Chef)
In addition to food, you're a chef. You're a businessman, you can run or work in a kitchen, and make money off your craft /regardless/ of the quality of your food.

Someone who makes awesome food at home for the fun of it has ranks in Craft (Food). Someone who works in a kitchen has Profession (Chef).

A master chef would have both, as well as probably Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive.
>>
>>44440143

I love you Gareth!

Is there anything you can say about >>44438985 , or is it out of your hands at the moment?
>>
File: 1414100025317.png (879 KB, 987x720) Image search: [Google]
1414100025317.png
879 KB, 987x720
>playing the de-facto leader of the group
>explicitly tell character not to do "thing"
>character A does that exact thing
>thing works out badly, like I said it would
>tell character I'm not going to make an attempt immediately after because it will make things worse
>everyone else does it
>they make things worse
>character B doing their specialty to attempt to salvage the situation
>fails
>I take a crack at it
>pass
>Player A blames me as a player for the entire situation
>my gm's face when
>>
>>44440234

I'm not the one to ask for explanations on it or the process behind it, but I can fetch the answer, at least. Tenebrous Reach has been replaced with the following:

>Dark Murmur (Su): Those claimed by the harbinger find her as hard to catch as rumor itself. Starting at 13th level, the harbinger's movement no longer provokes attacks of opportunity from creatures she has Claimed.
>>
>>44440212
>>44440233
Thanks anon.
>>
>>44440401
Oh yeah, something to note:

Craft (Food) is an Intelligence-based skill. It's about the knowledge of how to make food.

Profession (Chef) is a Wisdom-based skill. It's about knowing how to make food that people will eat.
>>
Star Child guy here again.

http://pastebin.com/PRJjCPbA
I fixed the SR and electricity weakness issues and then sat around for several days forgetting to post it.

You're welcome, >>44439773 .
>>
Well Hot Diggity Darn, I just managed to finish the race section of the Character Guide for On Cold Winds.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jiqbOgtvMz7uV8MxP9Wy5EuMHs_Yw2jWaWlOyMZlU8A/edit?usp=sharing

if anyone would like to take a look go right ahead. At the bottom if the statistics for the custom race, Yel'Tris. The race descriptions cover how 22 of PF's races fit into the region of Norine. Most of the others I kinda left off because I just don't see them as very common. If someone can make a compelling argument as to why I should include them as well I will definitely write something up!

I'd love to have feedback! Particularly on the race! Also, remember, this is a concept draft. So, yes, it will need edits.
>>
What is the absolute waifuest character one can make? I need to know for reasons.
>>
nth for a 5th level Crystal Warrior Aegis qualifies for the psionic mech feat by dumping all their other feats. So there's always that.
>>
File: 1416768979816.png (824 KB, 673x4355) Image search: [Google]
1416768979816.png
824 KB, 673x4355
A friend found me this a while back so i pass it on.
>>
>>44440775
If half-dragon is already a template can I make a half-dragon half-dragon?
>>
>>44440775
>once again, Imperial Dragons get no coverage

Why does Tian Xia get no love?
>>
>>44440801
that would be up to your gm I wouldn't allow it since that is a full pc half dragon race.
>>
>>44440727
Make? As in a PC?

That...really depends on who you're trying to get the character married off to. I mean, everyone has different preferences.
>>
>>44439851
>What approach do you all think would be a good one to describe how different classes fit into the world

hey on a related note, I just got the advanced class guide and I'm not quite sure how I'd go about doing that for the Arcanist class. What fluff there is dosn't really tell me what they -are- from an "in universe" standpoint.
I kinda get the idea that they study the underlying principals of magic but then do weird stuff with it rather than the standardized formula like procedures wizards use, but I'm not sure if that's quite right or not. Anyone use them much? How'd you describe them from an in universe standpoint?
>>
DSP devs pls go and stay go
>>
>>44440834
because golarion's a shit setting and imperial dragons aren't from the core bestiary?
>>
>>44440886
But why?
>>
>>44440861
According to the fluff, they're like, people with sorcerous capability, but also learn to be like wizards.

The class is just one big implication that sorcerers are dumbasses who don't even try to think about how their magic works.
>>
>>44440886

Oh, do we hate the DSP devs and their trips again? I can never keep track of preferences in this thread.
>>
>>44440886
That's a little mean. They don't hurt anyone.
>>
>>44440886
>Devs, please do not communicate and listen to product critique and answer any questions that we may have or accept products idea suggestions
Paizo dev pls go and stay go.
>>
>>44440925
Honestly, if the paizo devs came and stuck around, or had someone liasoning with us and handled it remotely as well as DSP has, I'd be all for it.
>>
>>44440925
If it was a Paizo dev there might be a chance of actual feedback getting through eventually. It's more likely just a paidrone.
>>
>>44440916
Nah, he's just being a contradictory ass Goblin who wants to strut his fedora in order to garner replies and start gushing about "breaking into the unenlightened circlejerk echochamber"
>>
>>44440281
Can Silver Crane heal Arcforge mechs?
>>
>>44440951
Hmmmm, a bit late for that, I think the devs went to bed... hells knows I should.
>>
>>44440961
We can sleep when we're dead!

I'm busy trying to teach myself how to use photoshop to draw maps, and god damn am I bad.
>>
>>44440913
Thanks, that's what I thought at first based on the mechanics but wasn't sure since they don't get a bloodline without spending an exploit which seemed kinda key to the whole sorcerous capability thing, I was probaly overthinking it.
>>
>>44440959
it doesn't specify living allies, so yes unless the mechs aren't creatures
>>
>>44440936
>>44440937
This so much. I wouldn't be so angry at Paizo if they did the same things that DSP does and that DDS (kinda attempted to) do.
>>
>>44439992

Yes?

The existing one that was a half initiator took a hit to extracts but not a total loss.

It's also full initiating that expressly can't use Strikes on it's bombs (though boosts are still allowed so it's still good)

>>44440060

At this point it's sorta half and half.

I could potentially do it as a Stalker variant but it would sorta end up in the same place. This involved less features swapped out to get to the same place.

Do you think it would be better as a Stalker variant with bombs and discoveries rather than an Alchemist with initiating.

Or maybe a Harbinger variant, what with the Nasty and Brutal theme it's got going with it.

Do you think that would be a better idea?
>>
>>44440999
Nice trips.

But yeah, Paizo suck absolute ass at player feedback.
>we will never culturally embrace exotic tian xia
>we will never be linnorm kings
>we will never bring glory back to taldor
>we will never have a map big enough that we can traverse between these three locales as we wish and make it big as enterprising merchant venturers
>but even before that, Paizo will never fix their economy rules
>>
Someone help me understand this.
>Spell Perfection
>Whenever you cast that spell you may apply any one metamagic feat you have to that spell without affecting its level or casting time, as long as the total modified level of the spell does not use a spell slot above 9th level.
Does this clause only matter for the "free" metamagic or the total modified level after the other metamagic that you pay for.

For example lets say you quicken a 5th level spell. That would total at 9th level but would only cost you a 5th level slot. Can you still add 4 levels worth of metamagic for this if you are willing to spend a 9th level slot?

My interpretation of this is 9th level max for the free metamagic to keep people from doing crazy shit like maximized timestop.
>>
>>44441032
>Do you think that would be a better idea?

Bombs are treated as thrown weapons for the purpose of ranged initiator maneuvers and stances.

Make them function like Chinese/Japanese fireworks performers you commonly see during new years. Dragon Dancers, if I recall.
>>
>>44441032

I think a transformative stalker archetype would be better (or, hell, Mystic; swapping glyphs and maybe parts of animus for bombs and discoveries, and let you use animus to augment your bombs and perhaps generate [all day] bombs).

Since the initiator archetype format in PoW is the 1-6 progression, and transformative archetypes are a-ok (and fitting with the DSP paradigm, if you want it to "fit" with how they do things), I think that a heavier amount of swapped abilities on a full initiator would work better, rather than the way it is now with alchemist.

I would also give them the ability to significantly cut bomb damage for to do single-target ranged strikes at range with a special small (read: no AoE) bomb, and at higher levels do the same to drop an AoE single-target strike ala the Destruction Zealot's cones.
>>
>>44441081
forgot my pic
>>
>>44440596
So any thoughts friends?

I've put some thought into the other custom race, the weasel like folk that make up those who use the Ur-speak.

So, how do you like your weasel folk? Because while I have ideas I'd love to hear yours!
>>
>>44441112
The orc-elf race isn't interesting at all.
>>
>>44441059
Your interpretation is correct, the total level including the non-cost modifier for the perfect spell cannot be over 9. No maximized timestops for you.
>>
Can an evil aligned cleric ever hope to defeat a paladin in a straight fight? This is under the assumption that both sides are of equal level and its one of those fights where the BBEG doesnt have a gimmick of some sort like holding something hostage/forcing the paladin to commit evil acts.
>>
>>44441164
I see. How do you think it could be changed to be made interesting? I originally added it for completions sake as the last piece of the puzzle between Orc/Elf/Man. It occupies the same thematic niche as half-elves and half-orcs.

I can see why, because of that, it feels redundant and not really thematically distinct.
>>
>>44440839
Nah, just the most stereotypical waifu traits. I'm bad at this but I have reasons for making a waifu abomination.
>>
>>44441166
So its just a way to lower spell costs then. At the end of the day you are still stuck to empowered maximized enervations followed by a quickened piercing enervations.
>>
>>44441169
if third-party publishing is on the table, and the evil cleric can spare four feats at or above 5th level...

>Veiled In Purity [Akashic]
>You can wrap your chakras in positive energy, concealing your true nature.
>Prerequisites: Ability to shape veils.
>Benefit: You can shape veils with the Good descriptor regardless of your alignment. You gain a +1 sacred bonus on the save DCs of such veils and increase any sacred bonuses normally offered by such veils by +1. If your alignment is not good, you appear as one alignment step closer to good for each veil with the good descriptor you have equipped when subjected to abilities like a paladin’s detect evil ability or detect alignment spells. If you have at least three veils with the Good descriptor bound, you are treated as being good aligned for spells and abilities whose effects are determined by alignment, such as a paladin’s smite evil or a /holy smite/ spell.

If not, there's always the old standby of no-save-just-suck spells.
>>
>>44441112
You mean the Yel'Tris?

Personal criticisms then:

2 physical stat boons in exchange for the most common dump stat is poor form as many martials would love to make this their go-to race.

By the skin of your teeth needs to be redone. In this day and age, not many people use standard dice and opt to go for cheaper dice apps.

Scavenger is something I'd find common for Half-Orcs. Yel'tris don't really come off as urban exiles.
Sneaky, commonly reserved for lithe races, which the Yel'tris are not judging by the burly +2 to STR.

Now for constructive feedback:

I suggest trading away scrapper and opt to give your hybrid race the option to be hail from an Elven or Orcish Society for the purposes of racial weapon familiarity. (An optional racial feat)

You never gave a proper culture to your race. Though I imagine, they'd be quite amicable among fellow half-elves and half-orcs. How would Elf and Orc societies view these half-bloods?
>>
>>44441058
Don't forget about
>will never take feedback
>the more feedback that's given, the more feedback is ignored
See: The Medium, the Kineticist, Mythic rules.
>>
>>44441247
>2 physical stat boons in exchange for the most common dump stat is poor form as many martials would love to make this their go-to race.
I have been considering changing out the -2 Cha to -2 Wis, and am still considering it.

>By the skin of your teeth needs to be redone. In this day and age, not many people use standard dice and opt to go for cheaper dice apps.
Really? is this true?

>I suggest trading away scrapper and opt to give your hybrid race the option to be hail from an Elven or Orcish Society for the purposes of racial weapon familiarity. (An optional racial feat)
I do like this idea. I shall consider it as an option.

>You never gave a proper culture to your race. Though I imagine, they'd be quite amicable among fellow half-elves and half-orcs. How would Elf and Orc societies view these half-bloods?
Planning on writing those sections tomorrow to flesh them out a tad more.
>>
>>44441279
>the Kineticist
The reason why the Kineticist is printed as the shitshow that it is, is because one of the devs treated the class like his own child.
He refused to make changes to the class despite fellow devs pointing out the self-destructive math of burn.

Not to mention, half of PFS is divided on the Kineticist, to the point where they posted the Archery Warrior dealing more damage than the standard Kineticist. What happens? That post is burried in garbage as the other half hailed the coming of PF's "warlock"
>>
>>44441286
I'm just saying, "by the skin of your teeth" could serve a better purpose than just 'reroll a result you haven't even seen yet".
Take the Android's Nanite Surge for example.
>>
>>44441169
Generally yes. Especially if it's a bad touch Cleric or something. Depends heavily on the Cleric itself and the Paladin as well.
>>
>>44441322
I shall look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
>>
>>44441286
on "skin of your teeth", the dice app thing doesn't really make a difference. if someone's not prepared to make a roll a second time, or do some goddamn mental math (my die roll was this before, now it's this; I'll apply the difference to my end result), they have no business playing this game, particularly since most tools I see people using don't make it hard to reroll
>>
>>44441299
From what I recall, the same dev who treated the Kineticist as his baby, didn't want anyone else making any Kineticist archetypes without his approval. This is all the rambling madness of one man and his custom made tier 5 class that he's so proud of.
>>
>>44441353
Wouldnt the paladin's high saves make debuffs hard to use on him?

The fact that he's smiting the cleric with his sword every round doesnt help matters.
>>
Question /pfg/
How would you stat the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse as player characters?
>>
>>44441299
>>44441399
Are we still talking about Mark here? Because his design was pretty on point for the Medium so the Kineticist being a pile of shit seems a bit out of character. Also, considering what happened to the Medium it doesn't seem like his control in the creative process is that great.
>>
File: an idiot sandwich.png (256 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
an idiot sandwich.png
256 KB, 500x423
>>44441191
>spell perfection on a spell that doesn't have a save DC
>>
>>44441434
>War
Barbarian
>Pestilence
Antipaladin cursed with Mummy Rot
>Pestilence
Plague Bringer Oracle
>Death
Necromancer Cleric

Bonus: All of them can gain the mount class feature.
>>
>>44441460
>Posted Pestilence twice
FUUUUUUUUUUU-
>Famine
Plague Bringer Oracle
>>
>>44441459
I dunno, having enervation with much higher spell penetration and higher average negative levels seems worthwhile and saves on energy drain slots.

Spell focus also kind of sucks
>>
>>44441434
>>44441460
War is actually not a bloodthirsty barbarian if you read the revelations.

He's less Khorne and more Tzeentch. He's not the soldier or the general - because both have a duty to uphold. He's the war-profiteering politician who is selfish and sinful.
>>
>>44441424
the big breakpoints for single-sword damage from smite are 6, 11, and 16; this is when extra attacks appear, plus whenever the paladin gets boots of haste.

for reference, the cleric at these points has 3rd-, 6th- and 8th-level spells at these levels, as well as phat l00t to spend on defensive items.
the cleric also doesn't get two stats to save DCs, BUT because he really only relies on Wisdom, he doesn't need to spend as many resources on the three (Cha, Str, and to a lesser extent Con and Wis) stats that the paladin would be investing in.
I would not be too worried about the cleric's odds.
see also for tactics: summonmancy, no-save-just-sucks, gaining terrain advantage (such as difficult terrain that can't be charged out of, or walls, or flight, or plane shifts)
>>
>>44441499
I never actually tried a bad touch cleric before.
Can you give me a list of good offensive spells to use?

I've tried looking up guides but none of them seem comprehensive and just say "use debuffs"
>>
>>44441299
>>44441399
Go away Jason Bulmans. No matter how much you tried to make Mark into the new SKR, no one will likes you and everyone will loves Mark.
>>
so i have a sorc sylvan bloodline for the animal companion warcat. for feats i have boon companion, evocation spell focus, spell specialization fireball and mage tattoo evocation.

kind of unclear of where to go from here.
>>
>>44441580
what level are you looking at, at the moment?
>>
>>44441608
Dazing spell metamagic.
>>
>>44441650
A lvl 1~15 game, possibly all the way to 18. I basically want to play a bad touch cleric myself but want to be able to defend myself from smitebots either through DMPCs or overeager PCs
>>
File: Ainlinn Sketch.png (491 KB, 1180x1177) Image search: [Google]
Ainlinn Sketch.png
491 KB, 1180x1177
>>44441081
>>44441094

Good points.

Yeah, if people are willing to help with that maybe that would work better.

My thoughts:

Harbringer archetype (It fits fluffwise as it's the dark herald of a bleak future)

>Bombs + 1 discovery every 3 levels replacing Accursed Will (+Int to basically everything including saves is a hefty feature to trade out.)

>Grim News replaced with:

Grim Armoury: The Fusilier has a caster level equal to their class level for the purpose of crafting feats.

At 3rd level, you gain a weapon with the following statline.

Microbombs: 30ft, ranged touch attack, 1d8+int damage, x4 crit. Minigrenades do any damage type that you could do with a bomb but gain no secondary effects.

At 9th they pick from one of the following abilities and again at 15th:

>Immunity to damage you directly caused.
>Immunity to poison, add +Int to the DC of poison you use.
>Teleport anywhere one of your grenades or minigrenades exploded in the last turn as a move action.
>>
>>44441812

>Ill Intentions replaced with:

Shell Shock: Anyone who is hit by a bomb or caught in it's splash suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws and skill checks until the start of the Fusilier's next turn.

>Tenebreus Reach replaced with

Minefield. Once per encounter as a swift action you may declare the area within Short range of you a Minefield until the start of your next turn. Any model moving in a way that would provoke an attack of opportunity grants you one with a Bomb. Such bombs do not cause splash damage.

>Voices in the Dark replaced with

Explosive Massacre: A target reduced to 0 HP causes splash damage as if his square had been hit with a bomb.

Needed to scrap the 'Melee only' features for something that can work with either.

Add discovery option:

Black Weapons of the Future
A dark knife or blood encrusted pick, you care not. The future is coming.
Prereqs: Grim Armoury
Benefit: You may cause any weapon you wield to have the statline of your Microbombs while you wield it. Melee weapons use a Melee touch attack and do not provoke.
>>
>>44441678
Just cast Undetectable Alignment all the time. If they don't detect you as evil, they probably won't smite you. Or be a tiefling and pick that variant ability that allows you to know that an alignment detection attempt is in progress at any time and choose its result.
>>
Without much ado (or playtesting), Psionics Augmented - Focused Disciplines was released.
Did you miss it like I did?
How exactly does Storage disciple shove ten cubic feet of stuff inside his body as an Ex ability?
>>
>>44441469
Wait wouldn't the plague bringer be pestilence? And antipalidin famine?
>>
>>44441909
>And antipalidin famine?
Why? AntiPaladins don't have anything associated with level drains and stuff.
>>
>>44441909
I dunno, anti-paladins get pestilence-like abilities by default. Not so much famine related unless you start refluffing things.
>>
>>44441881
Your reminder that we're attempting to address this problem and have a document to (attempt) to collect all feedback here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NjfEMcQW5jgCIGL3--3PzXiuu7ZeYUE0vTWy-F2D1bc/edit?usp=sharing

Mornin' /pfg/.
>>
File: 9823659292.jpg (20 KB, 476x431) Image search: [Google]
9823659292.jpg
20 KB, 476x431
What is the best damage dealer in pathfinder?
Especially at lower levels

Considering only official books, and the fact that said damage dealer should be able to contribute in at least 4 encounters per day, and not just go empty in a couple of nova-rounds
>>
So I'm looking to make a Merfolk Bloodrager. Was wondering what some good spells might be (for when I get to spellcasting levels?) And also possible weapon choices? (either for teh max deeps, or just edge/cool factor)
>>
File: 13417934981.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
13417934981.gif
1 MB, 320x180
Hi /pfg/, how did your last session go?
>>
>>44441953
Morning Gareth.
Will we be seeing the bound blade feat in steelforge?
(I personally think it's a bit under powered but it's still really cool)
>>
>>44440727

Oracle of Life, lame leg, worships Shelyn.
>>
>>44440834

Because Paizo are hacks and don't like Tian Xia due to the whole "we'd fuck up their culture" thing.
>>
>>44442061
Raging barbarian with a great axe?
Maybe some sort of archer?
Damage isn't the best way to end encounters, though.
>>
>>44442143
But it's a fun thing, nevertheless
>>
How do barbarians do all the damage they're supposed to do when Power Attack has been utterly destroyed in Pathfinder? Everyone says Barbarian's about damage so where is it all?
>>
>>44442167
By what?
>>
>>44441190

As long as she's beautiful, voluptuous, a virgin and very much in love with one person, you can make her anything from a divine caster to muscular barbarian and still be a waifu.

Their purity is the primary attribute of a waifu, hence a common insult being "your waifu a slut."
>>
>>44442141
>fuck up their culture
Then why even include them?
Why not make a *fantasy culture*?
>>
>>44442167
Barbarian with 18 STR at level 1. 22 STR while Raging. Greatsword for weapon, Power attack.

Barbarian attack roll: +6 (BAB +1, +6 STR, -1 Power Attack)
Barbarian Damage: 2d6+9 (6x1.5 for STR)+ 3 (Power Attack) for 2d6+12 total, avg. 19 damage.

According to This:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

The Barbarian has a better than 50% chance of hitting an enemy of up to CR 3 (CR 4 if charging) and can likely deal enough damage with their one attack to kill up to CR 2 creatures in 1 round.

Barbarians aren't hurting for damage. Power attack scales pretty nicely, right around the amount you'd want to make trades for back in 3.5. The only big thing they lost is Shock Trooper.
>>
>>44442230
> Raging
It's only 4-8 rounds per day at 1st level
>>
>>44442120
I intend to include it, just working on balance and smoothing out how it works. Same goes with a lot more of the material from DrowAnon's submission, going to let Nonmagical rest for a bit to get perspective (and get time to get the rest of the stuff going). Still gathering feedback, so keep it coming.

Actually, along those lines... do people prefer I focus on it being neat trick to add to stuff, or a full enhancement subsystem equivalent to magic?

Also need feedback on the Iron Baron.
>>
>>44442213
Because as it turns out:

1) Making new cultures without recognizable influences is both time-consuming and requires a level of anthropological knowledge that anyone who doesn't either have a Ph.D in anthropology or dedicate basically their whole lives to studying it just isn't going to have.

2) Writing a novel with a brand-new culture is one thing, but for a roleplaying game, you'll want some more overt influences by which new players can go "okay these people are like these people from real life."

3) Golarion still has to work with all of the legacy content from 3.5 - which includes katanas and the like. They had to have somewhere to /put/ all the Oriental-flavored legacy content.

tl;dr it's easier, more convenient for players, more convenient for Paizo, and doesn't take decades to do.
>>
>>44442250
Even if they aren't raging they're still dealing 2d6+9 (6 STR, 3 PA) which is enough to 1 round CR appropriate enemies and 2 round CR 2 and 3 enemies.
>>
>>44442230
I'm aware that they remain murdergods at level 1, but what exactly is it that they should be doing to improve it from there? What's the typical Barbarian doing that brings a noticable improvement from his level 1 damage, besides being more accurate, at level 5? 8? 10?
>>
>>44442250
Which is about 2-3 combats easy.
>>
>>44442295
>What's the typical Barbarian doing that brings a noticable improvement from his level 1 damage, besides being more accurate, at level 5?
The more accurate comes handbound with more damage.
Better rage.
Better weapon.
Feats that improve on the above.
>>
>>44442213

Tian Xia was included in the setting since almost day 1, and was given snippets of lore here and there to flesh the continent out a bit before really putting out campaigns for them.

But then Paizo caught the bug they still suffer from today, and are at risk of backlash by paper tigers both within and without their company should they do anything wrong with their setting.

Example? Look at how angry some got with the Anunnaki, and look at how angry some are getting with Hell's Vengeance.

The climate within Paizo simply does not support risking a "cultural appropriation" anymore, which is why they did safe bets in Distant Shores (their lone African country was extremely generic for a reason, their lone Tian Xia country was generic monster land) and we've yet to see a proper Mwangi AP since Serpent's Skull.
>>
>>44442295
The same thing he was doing at level 5, 8 and 10 in 3.5 more or less. Take a look at the feats and rage powers barbarians have access to. They get pounce at level 12, they've got access to multiple natural attacks, there are feats that let them demoralize enemies when they Power Attack them and their Strength and Power Attack damage are scaling automatically as they level.
>>
OK team, i officially have the go-ahead for my Gestalt game to roll a char.

I'm going Chosen One Paladin / Arcane Duelist or Dervish Dancer Bard.

Which bard Archetype should I choose, and is there a Familiar Archetype i should choose?
>>
>>44442351
Chosen one locks you into emissary familiar archetype, so no problem there.

Arcane Duelist overlaps with your divine bond (unless you go animal companion), and dervish dancer is plain terrible.
>>
>>44442260
I think it's fine and stuff as is, I mean as of right now it works with any weapon system.

For a feat, always having your weapon, and having a small perk with it is pretty nice.

Have DA write up some elemental variants though, I'd like a blade of air
>>
>>44442406
I don't get a divine bond as Chosen One

How is Dervish Dancer terrible?
>>
>>44442418
>I don't get a divine bond as Chosen One
At no point do you lose divine bond, you mook, read the shit again.
>>
File: REALLY.png (150 KB, 517x312) Image search: [Google]
REALLY.png
150 KB, 517x312
>>44442436
Every archetype has a tradeoff. Chosen one slightly delays its progression and trades away Divine Bond for an improved Familiar with extra abilities.
>>
>>44442418
>I don't get a divine bond as Chosen One

Good point. But another point against it is that you can't have a familiar and a bound weapon at the same time.

>Dervish dancers gain the inspire courage, inspire greatness, and inspire heroics bardic performance types as battle dances, but these only provide benefit to the dervish dancer himself.

This is why they are terrible. If you wan "selfish" buffing, go with Dawnflower dervish which gives double bonus at least, or Archeologist for luck optimization.
>>
>>44442458
They also get super-self-haste, get free improved crit, Arcobatics through the roof, improved movement, get a pseudo pounce (which is the big one), and Leaf on the Wind is almost not terrible
>>
>>44442456
My bad, I misread it.
>>
>>44442491
>They also get super-self-haste

Why not instead caste haste on the entire party?

>get free improved crit

A bonus feat sure makes up for not granting the entire party bonuses instead of just yourself.

>Arcobatics through the roof

Okay, now that's just fucking worthless and you know it. What the fuck is acrobatic even good for?

>improved movement
Cast. Haste.

>get a pseudo pounce (which is the big one)
There are so many ways to get pounce by that level that it's really not all that great, especially with the rest of your stuff being so eh.

>and Leaf on the Wind is almost not terrible

You damn well know it isn't.
>>
File: 1444280798993.png (99 KB, 494x375) Image search: [Google]
1444280798993.png
99 KB, 494x375
>>44442458
>If you wan "selfish" buffing
>>
>>44442544
its at least clearly better than dervish of dawn for selfish buffing
>>
>>44442567
How? Dervish of dawn gets double the bonuses from the bardic performances she uses on herself, which puts her bonuses ahead of, or at the very least on par with that of dervish dancer.
>>
>>44442621
Not really, it has that good double self performance buff, the rest of it is just meh.

more combat casting is nice, but Dervish Dance is kind of a crap feat for a melee bard.
Meditative Whirl is actually worse than leaf on the wind which is impressive.
>>
Can anyone explain why Paizo seems to think being a duelist means focusing only on fighting defensively and improving your AoOs (which are...not all that common)?
>>
>>44442658
>Not really, it has that good double self performance buff, the rest of it is just meh.

That's pretty much all it needs to be ahead of Dervish dancer.
>>
>>44442679

Probably because Paizo's vision of a duel is a bunch of blocking, parries and quick counter-attacks after the opponent botches a swing.
>>
>>44442704
Too bad they don't really give you a way to make an AoO after an opponent misses you to actually simulate that.
>>
>>44442679
Because the classic idea of a Duelist is a guy thats parrying hits and dodging a lot and then waiting for openings and murdering people there in like one strike.

>>44442685
Well i guess i'll roll with Arcane Duelist then. I can get higher. Even if Rallying Cry is kinda meh when i'm already a Paladin with the auras that entails, I guess getting heavier armor will help.

Plus although losing Versatile Performance and Jack of all trades hurts, the free feats are pretty legit.

I suppose i could also use Eldrich Heritage to get other bonuses if i wanted.
>>
>>44442738
Arcane duelist still has the familiar/bound item mutual exclusivity problem. Which, if your DM doesn't mind doesn't matter, but it's worth mentioning.
>>
>>44442768
Where is that mutual exclusivity clause?
>>
Okay. Let's say I take the Wild Flanking feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/betrayal-feats/wild-flanking-betrayal-teamwork) and have some class feature that lets me use it.

I attack an enemy with my +3 BAB, +2 Strength, +1 weapon. I am using Bane on the weapon to match the enemy's type and not my ally's. I am using Studied Target to get +2 attack/damage against one dude. I also have Grudge Fighter to give +1 to attack/damage against this enemy.

Do I check an attack bonus of +11, or +6 against my ally's AC?
>>
Anybody have the completed Tome of Horror?
>>
>>44442788
I... can't actually find it. Maybe mixing it up with something else. Magus Blackblade maybe?
>>
>>44442841
yeah, you're confusing arcane bonds with Blackbades.
>>
>>44442826
Wait, let's say I actually have the required +4 BAB. So +12 if I attack the enemy, +7 if I attack my friend directly.
>>
What is better for caster druid? 12 STR or 12 INT? INT seems like a better choice in the long run.

What do you guys usually do when you have a few point buy left over?
>>
Hey /pfg/, quick question, can a creature with a Climb speed charge while climbing? Or use Spring Attack, if it has the feats?

Also does anyone know a good way for players to be able to swing from tree to tree Tarzan style? Brachiation I think it's called? Feat, class ability, PrC, 3pp, 3.5, any way to be able to do that?
>>
>>44442919
http://dndtools.pw/spells/complete-adventurer--54/branch-to-branch--414/

http://dndtools.pw/feats/complete-adventurer--54/brachiation--263/
>>
>>44442826
>>44442864
Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor? The answer would be none from Wild Flanking due to Betrayal Feat rule, Solo Tactic / Teamwork sharing feats only allows you to act as a victim.

> Characters with class abilities granting allies access to teamwork feats (such as cavaliers or inquisitors) can select these teamwork feats normally, but allies who are granted these feats can use the feats only as initiators, not as abettors. An inquisitor could not grant an ally the Ally Shield feat and then use the ally as a shield, for example, but he could allow that ally to use him as a shield.
>>
>>44442964
Thank you!

Any idea on the Climb speed quation?
>>
>>44442975
Oh, that unravels the whole thing. Thanks.
>>
>>44442975
Which is ne of the dumbest rules Paizo made.
You either need to plan your betrayals so both can buy the feats, or you can buy the feats to be betrayed by others.
It's like they don't understand what the word betrayal means.
>>
File: 108265.png (56 KB, 325x317) Image search: [Google]
108265.png
56 KB, 325x317
>>44439773

Starship-blooded PC race when?

>>44440775
>1d6 1/day
>>
>>44440988
They aren't.
Right down to "half damage from energy" and Hardness stats.

But they're easy to repair so long as you have any of the cantrips, psi-talents, domains or equivalents. Because objects.
>>
>>44443038
They don't understand ANYTHING relating to morality, ethics or alignment.

Trying to shield an ally from an unwarranted arbitrary *Lethal* assault by Trumpets is a Chaotic Evil Act, remember?
>>
>>44440281

Thanks!
>>
>>44443140
> arbitrary *Lethal* assault by Trumpets is a Chaotic Evil Act, remember?
When that being is one of THE EMBODIMENT of LAW and GOOD in a system with Objective Morality, yes it is.
>>
>>44443233
Thing is, she's not THE embodiment of Law and Good. She's AN embodiment of it. If she was THE embodiment of it, she wouldn't have free will, nor would she be a petty bitch about things. She is a person, with the ability to act how she wants, regardless of the fact that she is influenced by her divinity.
>>
File: Shizuru_holy_symbol.jpg (153 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
Shizuru_holy_symbol.jpg
153 KB, 500x463
>>44443233
>When that being is one of THE EMBODIMENT of LAW and GOOD in a system with Objective Morality

There are other embodiments of law and good in the setting, anon.

In fact I'd argue there are *better* embodiments of law and good!
>>
>>44443247
Yes she's an Embodiment, but also a reality warping deity. It isn't a stretch t say she could "mark" you as being Chaotic and Evil son universe goes apeshit.

But again, alignment as shit, and I really don't know why it keeps getting carried over.
>>
>>44443310
That's true, but that's not how it's portrayed in the book. Although that'd be neat if it was.
>>
>>44443233
Torag is another one. He's an embodiment of Lawful and Good.

As are many other gods.

Trumpets is a FALLEN paladin using powers of divinity to mask its alignment.

No different from when the CE ranger in your party is wearing one of those little rings and telling you he's burning that village down for nature and neutral good.
>>
Hi /pfg/, I need help. Sort of. I ran out of ideas for my setting. So, give me weird, otherworldy, fey, balls-to-the-wall-high-magicky places, please. Cities, dungeons, planes, abyss layers, natural objects, doesn't matter. If it isn't obviously stupid or magical-realm-y, it has a ninety five percent of becoming canon in my setting. I'll even post about how it went when my players interact with it. We use psionics and pact magic, if it matters. Please, /pfg/.
>>
>>44442704
>>44442738
And that's fine, but >>44442723 hits it on the nose.

At least their swashbuckler class has a deed that allows for the chance of a retaliatory strike post-parry. But anything else, you're kind of stuck hoping they move through a threatened area or try to cast a spell non-defensively.
>>
File: First_tower_2.jpg (421 KB, 1280x2992) Image search: [Google]
First_tower_2.jpg
421 KB, 1280x2992
>>44443406
>>
>>44443406
>Curious among the many lasting demiplanes is one known as the Crownland. Though its original creator is long dead, he left the plane with one cardinal rule - it must always have a master. Since then, the plane has floated through the cosmos, changing to suit the whims of whoever gains control of it - and imprisoning "master" after "master" in his own fantasies.
>>
>>44443410
oh yeah its dumb
>>
So for the Arcane Duelist Bard/ Chosen One Paladin, whats a good statline, something like..

16/12/14/12/7/16?

25pb
>>
>>44443352

Who the fuck is Trumpets?
>>
>>44443828
I'd say you can safely lower STR to 14 and up CHA. You'll get a lot of bonuses to hit and to damage from bard things and smites and such, which is you need CHA for, and it's generally more useful then STR.
>>
>>44443851
Iomedae, I presume.

No idea why Trumpets though.
>>
>>44443828
Put everything into CHA and your attack stat (STR I guess) with maybe some leftover into DEX depending on what armor you are going to wear.

What level you start at? Chosen One's staggered advancement could be a bit of a problem at low levels.
>>
>>44443851
Iomedae. She kidnapped and assault PC with trumpet if you didn't do what she want in WotR.
>>
>>44443828
> 25 PB
> Gestalt
> still dump stats to 7
>>
>>44443889
Is there some way to read the whole AP without spending any burger bux?
>>
>>44443923
Steal it.
>>
>>44443923
Go to the OP pastebin
>>
>>44443922
>be paladin/bard
>get CHA to all saves
>thefuckdoineedwisfor?
>>
>>44443877
Iomedae kidnaps the party in Wrath of the Righteous for a gameshow about her history (that has nothing to do with the overarching plot), if you answer any of the questions wrong or talk back to her she blasts you with trumpets that do bucketloads of d6s in damage until you're dead.
>>
>>44443959

>Get Cha to all saves
>Wisdom 7 is -2 modifier
>Charisma 16 is +3 modifier
>You're only getting a +1 to Will saves by dumping.
>>
>>44443989
>And all the other bonuses that a higher CHA as opposed to a higher WIS get me

Bard and Pally are BOTH Cha based.
>>
>>44443881
>>44443856
Something like 14/12/14/10/7/18 then?

I could also go 16/12/10/10/7/18
>>
File: crystal city.png (314 KB, 847x825) Image search: [Google]
crystal city.png
314 KB, 847x825
>>44443406
A massive geode with an entire city carved into the crystals. Could be fairies, fungus people, drow, a lost tribe of psionicists, etc.
>>
>>44443978

The DC for those questions are so easy a stupid Paladin could get them.
>>
File: 1306086472170.jpg (123 KB, 1218x644) Image search: [Google]
1306086472170.jpg
123 KB, 1218x644
>>44443406
>>
>>44444017
I'd say "fuck it!" and go with the second. Grab that feats that gives you +2/mercy dice and tank with that.
>>
>>44440136
>creating elder scrolls races
Oh boy, can I see an example?
>>
>>44443406
A valley filled with giant trees, so that it appears to be a green river from above, but is filled with oceanic 'zones' as you go deeper toward the floor of the valley. Light and green and full of birds and small animals at the top, with bats and slightly larger creatures in the middle, and at the roots live large, alien looking creatures that have never known the light, but suck juices from the trees and scavenge what falls from above.
>>
>>44444086
What feat is that?
>>
>>44443406
A living jungle, as in the entire jungle appears to be one gigantic organism. Some Flora may be part of the creature, while others are simply growing atop it. Fauna much similar.
>>
>>44440212
This is wrong, because holy fuck screw having to spend two ranks JUST for basic proficiency in a role. Seriously, fuck the skill system.
>>
>>44444130
Fey Foundling
>>
>>44444155
Nice that might be worth working with.

I was thinking of rolling with a half elf anyways (So i could get free Curveblade proficiency, since its DPR is slightly better than a falchion) and because i hate playing humans.
>>
>>44443406
A dungeon made from a series of linked pocket dimensions, each with a different theme and containing portals to the others. It requires working through several other planes before getting back to the next room of the plane you started on.
>>
What are the FULL consequences of a Golarion that finds out that torture is a lawful good act?

Do fiends have to start improving their guest quarters, and stocking tea for questioning sessions?
>>
44444444 soon, friends.
>>
File: Princeroll.png (52 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
Princeroll.png
52 KB, 300x219
So posting about this again, anyone know of a way I can get a giant spiked ball so I can become the Prince of All Cosmos?
>>
File: sFcbC7SEjbc.jpg (768 KB, 1319x1319) Image search: [Google]
sFcbC7SEjbc.jpg
768 KB, 1319x1319
>>44443654
Cool. The filename suggests there's also a first tower?

>>44443661
Reminds of Ravenloft.

>>44444031
Nice, absolutely will use it.

>>44444066
>>44444214
I already have exactly that. I'm inflicting it on my players right now. They asked for a very complex maze to test their mapping skills. Here's a map.

>>44444128
>>44444146
These are just asking to be fused. A gigantic valley jungle organism, which moves very slowly over the lands! Sort of like a giant floral snake or worm, made of trees.
>>
>>44443889
You even got trumpeted for answering questions wrong. It's not even a matter of disobedience, chaos, or evil. Iomedae is just a cunt.
>>
>>44444155
yo if i do the 16/12/10/10/7/18 should i just put a racial bonus into cha

And just go all the way with it
>>
>>44444260

Reminder you could also get trumpeted for saying that everyone can be redeemed.

You can get trumpeted for saying this while standing next to Arueshalae, a redeemed Succubus.
>>
>>44444236
You can't get anything remotely like the Katamari Damacy ball. If you want to ATTACK things with a ball in combat, the dwarven chain flail lets you do that. You can even push people around with it using a Barbarian rage power that lets you bullrush using your attacks.
>>
>>44444282
Isn't Sarenrae's whole CG philosophy that everyone can be redeemed? I wonder what she'd have to say about Iomedae spitting on her philosophy like that.
>>
>>44444308
But Sarenrae is NG.

Sarenrae a best.
>>
>>44444281
I would. Check with your DM if he thinks it's too minmaxy.
>>
>>44444231
Bad people trying to avoid going "fully evil" by performing good acts turn a whole lot nastier.
>>
>>44444244
That is the first tower. Lemme see if I can find pictures of the other two.
>>
>>44444231
Consider it stolen.
>>
>>44444326
Grand

Bard/Paladin of Desna incoming
>>
>>44444324
I thought she was CG. My bad. Point still stands I think.
>>
>>44444231
Wait, what? Where's that stated?
>>
>>44444292
There's a way to do it, but it would require my character to BECOME the ball and get a cohort of some kind to push it, and I'd prefer something a little less... dumb.
>>
>>44444345
I bet devilish tea is quite good, too. LG characters being all stick and LE being all about the carrot is an amusing inversion.
>>
>>44444375
You can't undumb this idea, anon.
>>
>>44444244
That map is glorious
>>
>>44442260
Hmm I like the Iron baron so far but I kinda feel like it should get heavy armor proficiency. Just a feeling though, might be because of the name.
>>
>>44444389
I suppose not.

I guess I'll just listen to this while I roll up this character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMH49ieL4es
>>
File: yawn.png (458 KB, 1079x1132) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
458 KB, 1079x1132
Mornin', /pfg/. Mythic game may not be happening this week due to New Years shenanigans. When the game does start up I just hope to not botch my next Will save. What's happening?
>>
Iomedae isn't THAT bad.
>>
>>44444418
I agree. It seems like it makes some amount of sense, and it'd be nice to have a heavy armor harbinger.
>>
>>44444431

Iomedae is best girl.
>>
>>44444346
Note that you can supposedly use the favored class options for both humans, elves and half-elves IIRC, which means you got quite a few goodies to choose from; of note is the elven paladin FCB that gives +1/2 bonus HP to LoH.
>>
File: Third_Tower_Map.jpg (1 MB, 2712x4602) Image search: [Google]
Third_Tower_Map.jpg
1 MB, 2712x4602
>>44444244
Couldn't find good art of the Second Tower, but here's the third.
>>
>>44444444
ALL HAIL LORD FOURS
>>
>>44444451
And of course the human bard FCB which is an extra bard spell, which is ridiculously potent and means you don't need to be too timid with taking masterpieces.
>>
>>44444451
I need to check with my DM on that, seems like it might be cheese to doublestack the FCB like that.
>>
>>44444431
You're right, shes really shitty.
>>
>>44444349
The thing is, there are some rules in Trumpet's Big Book of Rules that states that Evil Is Inherent and Must Be Destroyed, and that All Fiends Are Evil.

That's how Trumpets' tries to be LG. if you become evil - you're screwed. If you're a fiend - you're screwed. No matter how hard you try to be good, you're fucked. Because the first rule in the Big Book is "Suffer Not the Fiend to Live".

Sarenrae, on the other hand, doesn't give a flying single fuck about your origins or past actions as long as you honestly do (or at least try) good, as in "act benevolent, help others, be altruistic, heal people if you can, use force as a last resort".
>>
>>44444479
Failget. Not even worth noting.
>>
>>44444509
Isn't Torag a lot more hardline about "Suffer Not the Fiend to Live" than Iomedae?
>>
>>44444467
Looks cool, but I can't read japanese.

>>44444408
I saved it from /tg/ a very long time ago, like three or four years ago. I have another, it's only a single hypertesseract.
>>
File: 1446886657042.png (110 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1446886657042.png
110 KB, 560x560
>>44444430
I'm attempting to play the dumbest (in-character and mechanics-wise) character I've ever made, and it's going fabulously.
>>
>>44444523
Torag is more of "Protect Your Kin from Fiends at All Costs". And "Plan Your Defenses Well".
>>
>>44444509
So Iomedae is the god emperor of mankind

this is bad why?
>>
File: wizard guild.jpg (111 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
wizard guild.jpg
111 KB, 500x356
>>44444430
so, lewds when?
also, post build of the infamous Elsbeth
>>
>>44444431
My group decided that the heavens were in greater peril than the mortal realm after the trumpeting and began assembling high-level casters and leaders of various planes in preparation for ousting the corrupted/impostor god and whatever insidious scheme she must be working on. We were in the middle of convincing Milani that something was terribly wrong with her sister when the campaign died due to outside obligations.

This was all without knowing that it was actually just plain old Iomedae.
>>
>>44444244
>>44444408
>>44444551
I know the idea of running a tesseract/penteract/hexeract dungeon has been bouncing around for ages, but has anyone ever done it? What would you do if you suddenly realized your DM was doing it? How would you go about making it interesting rather then just memey?
>>
File: ar tonelico dark tower.jpg (342 KB, 1071x1555) Image search: [Google]
ar tonelico dark tower.jpg
342 KB, 1071x1555
>>44444551
Please post the other map?

I do believe that >>44443654 and >>44444467 are from a series called Ar Tonellico, an RPG with dating sim elements where you enter the dreams of girls who cast spells by singing. Sort of like having both arcane and divine casters act like Maestro bloodline sorcerers.
>>
>>44444582
No, she's not. The Emperor asks merely to not fail him, and the only way you can fail him is succumb to heresy or betray the Imperium itself.

Trumpets asks to constantly obey her PMS-infused will, and if you don't, because it's obviously amoral despite being branded as Lawful and/or Good, or just because you can't, she'll send an archon hit squad after you at best.
>>
>>44444665
Suffer not the witch, the heretic, the xenos to live :^)
>>
>>44444551
That's okay, you can always make shit up.
>>
>>44444682
That's the ecclesiarchy talking. The Emperor just wanted you to stop worshipping gods and to murder xenos who weren't useful.
>>
File: LOYyCNPL2is.jpg (136 KB, 787x897) Image search: [Google]
LOYyCNPL2is.jpg
136 KB, 787x897
>>44444647
Here you go.

>>44444622
Running it right now as a sort of superdungeon. Sections are themed, and there is an "exit" door, which is fixed. The trick is to find it.
>>
>>44441881

>How exactly does Storage disciple shove ten cubic feet of stuff inside his body as an Ex ability?

Her body.
>>
>>44444704
Fine, Iomedae is the perception the imperium has of the god emperor of mankind

happy?
>>
>>44444724
Now explain why you think WH40K """"morality"""" is acceptable anywhere outside its retarded universe.
>>
>>44444724
And this is why life in Imperium mostly sucks.
>>
>>44444605
Lewds soon, maybe. Ecchi definitely very soon. As far as her build goes, I'll need a little bit to copy over her character sheet. There's a LOT of little bits and pieces to try and work in on the format of the sheet.
>>
>>44444710
How long have your players been in there, and what's the context that brought them to the dungeon in the first place?
>>
>>44444744
Its not its just entertaining to me.
>>
>>44444622
Well, my idea is less fleshed out, and I didn't plan on taking it to the extremes of the maps posted here. For me, it's more about creating a dungeon that can't easily be teleported around or tunneled through, and where conditions can change drastically from room to room.

At the end of it, I would have a very powerful, paranoid caster, probably a dragon or lich, who set the whole thing up so that no one could come bother them.
>>
File: iobueno.jpg (164 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
iobueno.jpg
164 KB, 595x842
>>44444231
>>
Which mercies are good on Paladins anyways
>>
>>44444760
Just post a Myth-Weavers or something.
>>
>>44444763
Seven game sessions in, going well. The world itself is the remnant of an Ancient Big Magical War with Not-Tzeentch that Fucked the Multiverse Up, sort of a shelter that got breached, and all kinds of magic stuff squeezed in and got loose before the world's caretakers sealed the breaches. This dungeon is actually a high-level alien wizard's sort of an artificial experimentation rig, which acts as a controlled environment/place to hold things captive/test spells and items without much harm to the "real" world/store things. The wizard, being wizard, made something and forgot it in one of the chambers. Unfortunately, he made it untrackable by magic. He promised powers and wealth to whoever retrieves it. The players, being adventurers, offered their services.
>>
>>44444845
Until the party's immune to the stuff, removing Fatigued can be very handy (there's a lot of abilities, especially nowadays and with 3pp that can cause it)

Diseased is a good one. Staggered would be best except that tends to be very short duration, and you're probably busy in combat; your action's probably better spend elsewhere

9th level's REALLY depends on the party: Remove Curse could be critical, but then Exhaustion could be useful too. Poison is wonderful EXCEPT for the fact that by this level if your party isn't more or less immune or self-restoring of the stuff, something's gone terribly wrong with all your builds.

The 12th level ones depend again on what the party can handle or is missing. Paralyzed or Stun are probably the better choices, blind/deaf you should at the worst have a handful of scrolls for that.
>>
File: woodelve.jpg (139 KB, 680x965) Image search: [Google]
woodelve.jpg
139 KB, 680x965
Hey /tg, i need your Help
We are going to start a new Campaign this weekend. And i ned a Character. Restrictions are no casters (except Rangers and Paladins - i dont want a Paladin) and the setting is middle-high magic fantrasy settin with all races from human s end elves to Gnomes. I have thought about a rogue (swahbuckler arhcetype with a scythe for trip but...) somehow thats too boring.
Any Help is much appreciated...
>>
>>44445002
Be a ranger. Rangers are good.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.