[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Webcomic: Eagle Ordinary - Uncivil Disagreement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 0c9dc4a06MwpT.jpg (529 KB, 1100x825) Image search: [Google]
0c9dc4a06MwpT.jpg
529 KB, 1100x825
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! The weekly updating continues!

Commissar Holt is a bad-ass motherfucker.
>>
>>44439589
>Commissar Holt is a bad-ass motherfucker.
I mean I don't read this but he doesn't really seem like one for beating up a kid.
>>
>>44439621
Who's a kid?
>>
Link to the webcomic: http://eagleordinary.smackjeeves.com/
>>
>>44439629
It looks like he's whaling on a teenage boy.
>>
> who's men

Nice editing, Nester.
>>
>>44439589
Oh hey it's Yarrick.
>>
>>44439653
>>44439621
The guy he's beating is likely at least in his 20's and squandered many lives just because he was too lazy to seek an alternative to ordering them to their death. Such as having a soldier get their brains blown out to find a sniper, by stating they were to deliver a message.
>>
>>44439844
Wow, so it's literally every day in the Guard? Entirely possible they are literally his men if it's a noble-led IG regiment too.
>>
>>44439653
>>44439844
Just checked the character page. Brinton is 18 years old, a Lieutenant in an aristocratic regiment whose main claim to uniqueness is that they're all second sons and have a slave regiment attached to theirs with which spend lives as willfully as they please.

Now that they're in a situation where the Guard has lost most of their troops on planet, that wasteful strategy is harmful to morale and to their mission.
>>
>>44439589
>Imperial Guard Commissar of Penal Regiment
>Wasting Lives R Us
>Beats up looie for doing his job

Outstanding writing. Good work subverting those tropes.

*yawn*
>>
>>44439844
To expand upon this, said lieutenant has made a habit of this, routinely sending platoons of soldiers to their death because he couldn't be bothered to find a less wasteful method. That isn't to say that 40k is not wasteful with lives, per se. Just that there is a difference between dying for the Emperor and dying because your CO's a lazy fuckwit who can't manage his resources to greatest effect.
>>
File: IG.jpg (510 KB, 1100x825) Image search: [Google]
IG.jpg
510 KB, 1100x825
>>44439899
>Brinton is 18 years old, a Lieutenant in an aristocratic regiment whose main claim to uniqueness is that they're all second sons
kek

I actually went and started reading it on the back of the argument as well, but lol @ the idea spending one life to quickly dispose of a sniper and advance the regiment is anything over-the-top for the guard. I'm assuming he gets more people killed later.
>>
>>44439964
It's partly because they're really running low on manpower right now, so Holt wants to step in before things get too expensive.

But yes.
>>
>>44439964
Most of his platoon, actually. And it seems to be his norm, when cut off from getting reinforcements in hostile territory (planet went Tau).
>>
>>44440083
>>44440087
Fair enough! The sprites on the cast page are very cute, I really like them a lot, although it triggers me a little that the Commissars are not orphans. And describing one of your dudes as 'like Ciaphas Cain' on his bio is not a very good introduction, even if the two are basically Yarrick and Cain.
>>
>>44440159
Well it's either he's like Cain or his identical twin brother is like Cain. Spoiler: They're both on-planet and we've been switching between them throughout the comic.
>>
>>44439589
>>>/co/
>>
>>44439589
>kneeing some ponce in the groin
>"badass"
Kids these days.
>>
>>44440372
When most of 40k knows only the nice commissars like Cain or Gaunt, having a commissar that will hurt someone - even for a good reason - is awe-inspiring.

Who knows, maybe he might even execute a bastard.
>>
>>44440522
Except this fag is no different from Cain. He's a bleeding heart pussy who's crying over the lives of a bunch of worthless literal slaves.
>>
>>44440372
I was referring to the dialogue.
>>
>>44440536
No, fuck you. Cain would have been somehow forced to the front in the beginning, blunder his way heroically through everything, and have prevented the penal legionnaires from ever getting shot, and will hand-wave it in his memoirs as being just to get more bodies between himself and the enemy.

This guy is a commissar who just does not like to waste resources, even penal legionnaires, and does not like idiotic officers wasting his resources for him thinking they're smart, and will execute as needed for morale boosting. Main reason he isn't shooting the officer yet is probably because he's a PC. He's the perfect mix between the trigger-happy commissar everyone is afraid of, and the diplomatic commissar everyone assumes is best, because he always has a good, harsh reason when he pulls the trigger.
>>
>>44440536
In fairness they seem to be running a little bit low on slaves right at the moment and emperor knows someone has to fire all the guns.
>>
>>44440637
Nah, Cain has lost plenty of troops. Even had to personally kill a few what got genestealer'd.

He's still a big ol' fag, but so is this Yarrick ripoff in OP's shitty comic.
>>44440699
That doesn't make him badass, just thrifty
>>
>>44440725
>That doesn't make him badass, just thrifty
Not disagreeing, just wouldnt call him a bleeding heart.
>>
>>44440637
Cain would've sacrificed the penal legionnaires to live if people didn't find out about it.

Holt just doesn't want to weaken the Imperial Guard position even more by spending lives needlessly.
>>
>>44439916
Where does it say it's a penal regiment ? I only see Cadians and Valhallans plus some arabic regiment I don't recognize.

>Beats up looie for doing his job
Their job is to be spent, not wasted.
>>
>>44440637
On the character page it says that the officer scored insanely high on aptitude tests and such, but he tends to suffer high casualties because of how he operates. Holt said he'd execute him if he didn't improve after 1-2 disciplinary actions.
>>
>>44442025
Right in the first panel.
http://eagleordinary.smackjeeves.com/comics/2025512/a-day-in-the-life/
>>
File: talon.png (511 KB, 560x720) Image search: [Google]
talon.png
511 KB, 560x720
>>44440725
>OP's shitty comic

It's not his, our crew doesn't generally post on /tg/, but it's always a treat when we notice it crop up. I for one see nothing wrong being said here, do carry on.
>>
>>44439589
Huh, I was beginning to think this comic was dead.
>>
>>44440725
>Yarrick ripoff
Don't you know about commissar Holt? You're a catamite.
>>
>>44444290
Holt in the comic doesn't seem to be the same one as the Volistad one though
>>
>>44440536
>expending the life's of the Emperor's soldiers needlessly
Incompetence is actually punished by dead, what the idiot did is not admissible, there is a difference between taking an important objective and expending the guard resources.
>>
>>44440536
The emperors soldiers are not for free. Spending them is expected, wasting them is punishable.
>>
>>44444836
Finding a sniper seems like a worthwhile end.
>>
>>44444444
>>
>>44444918
Why does anyone even care?
>>
>>44440725
I much prefer the Yarrick ripoff to Gaunt and Cain and their diplomacy.

My favorite commissar was the one in Iron Guard, who calmly observed a flagging officer for a while, waited until his leniency became a problem, and then shot him and gave a speech about what he did wrong to the guardsmen he had commanded. No messing around, just straight business and getting shit done.
>>
File: wBQXB0f.gif (159 KB, 629x365) Image search: [Google]
wBQXB0f.gif
159 KB, 629x365
>>44439589
Do I understand correctly that this is supposed to be the same Commissar Holt from Epic Final Liberation?
>>
>>44439589
Neat.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.