[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if Age of Sigmar is just WH:FB later in the timeline, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1363024973630.png (612 KB, 1057x692) Image search: [Google]
1363024973630.png
612 KB, 1057x692
So if Age of Sigmar is just WH:FB later in the timeline, how are they going to advance the story/create new material for normal Warhammer Fantasy?
>>
>>44439111
Protip, they aren't
>>
>>44439111
The old world is gone and ended. Everything is continuing in AoS now.

Black library may still sell the old books in digital, but no new content.

Age of Sigmar is the continuation of the story, with End Times bridging the gaps between the 2. And instead of doing a stagnant setting with AoS, they plan on doing a continuing story with it. Something different.

40k and old warhammer were stuck in their timeline, but with AoS it is supposed to be different.

>inb4 veritable shitstorm over aos
>>
So I picked up some WHFB stuff a while back (a starter kit like thing of some kind) because I was going to try and get into minis gaming. Assuming I ever figure out the rules, does this mean that it basically won't be a thing anymore? Or would it still be something people will be selling? And if I have to get Age of Sigmar instead, does it play the same way and have all the same rules?
>>
>>44440384
>And if I have to get Age of Sigmar instead, does it play the same way and have all the same rules?

It plays very differently.

>Assuming I ever figure out the rules, does this mean that it basically won't be a thing anymore? Or would it still be something people will be selling?

You'd have to go to E-bay / Amazon to try and find rulebooks and such, as it seems that GW will be discontinuing the rules side of things. But it's going to be continued by fans doing Warhammer in all-but-name, like 9th Age or KoW.

>>44439111
If GW continues to expand Warhammer Fantasy lore it'll probably be pre-End Times, expanding on different moments in the history of the setting. Like, say, Mandred the Skavenslayer and his campaign against the ratman in the 1120s.
>>
>>44440489
Thank you! That'll help me figure out what I'm going to do.
>>
>>44440537
Age of sigmar also uses all the old minis and has rules for them all, and the rules and everything are free, including the rules for the minis.

So it depends on what is supported locally for you. If there are AoS players in your area, give it a shot. If there are kings of war players or 9th age players, then you will need to look into those rulesets.
>>
>>44440384
you dont need to buy anything, bro. what you bought is supported in aos and the rules are free. check em out
>>
>>44440384
All the rules are in pdf version if you google enough. If you find a group that still plays whfb, give it a try, if not, try AoS
>>
Tiptoppety kek you tremendous faggot, cool bait thread.
>>
>tail end of 2015
>still trying to shill for Age of Shitmar

How much does GW pay you guys?

>"I don't actually like AoS but GW pays me in minis to shill so it's worth it"
>>
>>44442342
Anyone who would be "shilling" already has all the minis they need.

AoS is bottom-tier shit, but some people like it and discuss it here. Just like 40k.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.