[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/- Star Wars General: First Rave of Geonosis Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: x8FYwG6.webm (909 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
x8FYwG6.webm
909 KB, 640x360
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>44427059

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Discussion Topics:
>What would you use for a lightsaber crystal? What style would you use?
>Twi'lek or Zeltron?
>>
>All form vi masters died on genosis
fuck, leave it to the jedi to invent a form designed to get you killed by mooks. and ffg to give you a tree based on it
>>
>>44433885
>What would you use for a lightsaber crystal?
What ever it is that gives me that bithcin purple colour.
>>
File: Somebody said snakes.jpg (78 KB, 757x562) Image search: [Google]
Somebody said snakes.jpg
78 KB, 757x562
>>44433965
You gonna legally change your name?
>>
File: royal_guard.png (149 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
royal_guard.png
149 KB, 258x400
Do we have many Imperial Assault players in /swg/? What do you think of the new errata to Royal Guards (pic related), Imperial Officers, and Rebel Saboteurs? I'm glad lists other than 4x4 and Rebel Blast should be competitively viable now.
>>
File: The Fat Dong.jpg (71 KB, 624x408) Image search: [Google]
The Fat Dong.jpg
71 KB, 624x408
Something-st for best freighter in the Galaxy
>>
>>44433977
I only use it to for campaign mode so as to get RPGs lite when we can't get our group together.
>>
>>44433946
It's the Jack of all Trades style which is serviceable at lesser tiers. All the higher level techniques require two lightsabers, and at that point you might as well just specialize in Jar'Kai.

Niman is for the Jedi who intend to focus on other pursuits.

Soresu is for Jedi who intend to survive.

>>44433965
They're from a planet in the Unknown Regions. But other crystals can give that color. Hell, just sticking an amethyst in the lightsaber would give you purple.
>>
>>44433885
>What would you use for a lightsaber crystal?
Krayt Dragon Pearl. I love me some mother-of-pearl lightsaber blade
>What style would you use?
OJO - Form VI (Niman)
NJO - Three Rings of Defense
>Twi'lek or Zeltron?
Gonna have to go with Twi'lek. especially if it's a lethian twi'lek
>>
>>44433885
>Lightsaber Crystal
Krayt Dragon pearl. You gotta earn that motherfucker.

>Lightsaber Style
Just one? Because I'd do Shien and then sink a lot of effort into Niman so I can learn Jar'Kai. Maybe some Trakata in there too.

>Space Babes

Zeltron, hands down.
>>
File: Set 75139 Battle on Takodana.jpg (197 KB, 1024x656) Image search: [Google]
Set 75139 Battle on Takodana.jpg
197 KB, 1024x656
Hey guys, guess who has an official Lego minifig?

tfw Lego also put out their own not-action figures of an FOtrooper, Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren, Rey (w/staff and gun + full , freaky-looking Poe in a flightsuit, and freaky-looking Finn, who has the lightsaber
tfw Finn is only allowed to be the Jedi hero in the lego sets.
>>
File: catcat.jpg (41 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
catcat.jpg
41 KB, 620x620
>Watching the clone wars
>obi: Spinning is not flying
>ani: But, it's a good trick
>>
>>44434017
Man, that thing looks like someone stapled a shipping container to a kushan ship.
>>
>>44434101
It's been 15 years. Why haven't they changed the lightsaber hilts up?
>>
>>44433416
>Essentially telling you that characters from other books will need bonus experience or lightsabers to keep up after the 150 xp mark.
Except it doesn't. The Asymmetrical Rewards relates to how earning a lightsaber is a big deal and other players should have a chance to earn other rewards that would be a big deal to them when a player does earn one instead of the GM trying to keep close to credit values or just approximate close to a lightsaber (melee weapons for all the players). That's why it suggests things like repair droids or an upgrade to an X-Wing, or a sniper rifle. This is why everyone starting at Knight Level is given the 9k credits or a lightsaber option.

And even at the 150xp mark, most force-sensitives are going to be underpowered compared to equivalents. A Seeker/Hunter has nothing on either a Hired Gun/Mercenary Soldier or a Soldier/Sharpshooter. Force Users don't come close to matching/exceeding their equivalents until closer to the 300xp range.
>>
>>44434105
Which episode was that?
>>
>>44433847
>>44433859
>>44433875

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll pick it up. My group generally resists pre-gens, but I'm planning on tricking them into it.
>>
>>44434179
s1e04
>>
File: KyleKatarn-academygrad.jpg (42 KB, 393x534) Image search: [Google]
KyleKatarn-academygrad.jpg
42 KB, 393x534
The Battle of AX-456 was a mission in which three squads of stormtroopers were sent to attack a rebel cell that was detected on an asteroid. This mission was the Omega Exercise for a cadet who would later go on to be one of the most important and influential members of the New Jedi order--Kyle Katarn.

It was on this mission that he met Jan Ors, the rebel operative with whom he would later share many adventures with. During this mission, Kyle's unrealized Force-sensitivity manifested in several key moments, including precognition that allowed them to win the battle. He was recognized for his efforts and became a decorated stormtrooper officer. His graduation ceremony at the Academy of Carida came shortly after he received news that a rebel attack on his homeworld of Sulon had killed his father, Morgan Katarn.

At this ceremony, he was presented with the Medal of Valor by an imperial High Inquisitor by the name of Jerec, along with one of the admnistrators of the academy, General Rom Mohc, both of whom Kyle would later go on to face in single combat and destroy. Unbeknownst to Kyle, Jerec was the one to orchestrate the death of his father, and had personally decapitated him. Jerec had suspected that the younger Katarn was a Force-sensitive, and may have had plans to groom him into a Dark Jedi to further his own plans of supplanting the Emperor.

This is where our story diverges from what was meant to be, and becomes what could have been. Instead of taking a short vacation cruise after his graduation, during which he would reunite with Jan Ors, learn the truth of his father's demise at the hands of the Empire and defect to the Rebel Alliance, Kyle is taken away from the academy shortly after his graduation at the order of Jerec to be trained in the ways of the Dark Side.

Our story begins shortly after the Battle of Yavin...

I've been thinking about making this a CYOA/quest here on the board. Thoughts?
>>
>>44434169
150 xp over the starting experience. In other words, about 250. Which is indeed your 300 mark, I should've been clearer.
>>
>>44434238
jesus no, it will end in a horrific pile of waifu wars and everybody trying to out-edge each other
>>
>>44434157
Why should they? It's a solid piece, it's usable in a MULTITUDE of other sets (and it is) and it's iconic.

Looking through my new Lego catalog, find Ghostbusters Firehouse
It's $350. Why am I broke right now. Why god.

Of course, if it's available in 2016, it should stick around for two years...
>>
>>44434238
I can see that working. Of course, Kyle is bound to find out the truth eventually...
>>
Had a chance to have Darth Vader appear in my EotE game, super fun.
>>
>>44434263
It's just that, the lighsaber in this case is a special macguffin. If should at least look distinct.
>>
>>44434277
my house rule for movie characters is that they kill PCs and NPCs with each action, go twice in the initiative and everything done against them fails.

The PCs are a minions squad as far as movie characters are concerned.
>>
>>44434262

I have experience with running quests that don't turn into waifu wars. I know how to avoid it.

>>44434270

Eventually, yes, but I'm interested in portraying an alternate universe where he starts off in the dark and potentially turns to the light, based on player actions.
>>
>>44434303

He wasn't involved in direct combat against them.

My group is working for a Grand Moff who's interests run counter to Vader's. They're just pawns of course but they were on Balmora at the same time as Vader and watching them shit bricks and run and hide was fantastic.
>>
>>44434303

That's pretty damn stupid.

Why not just give them stats?
>>
>>44434345
Because if you stat it, it can be killed. His idea is much better.
>>
>>44434380

This.
>>
>>44434345
Because, then they can be killed. It's something like "ho shiet, it's darth vader! He'll kill us all, run!" as opposed to "lolvader, i've got 5 in my lightsaber characteristic and 3 in my skill! I'm gonna own this bitch!"
>>
>>44434380
Depends on the situation. In non-combat scenarios, stats can be important. Like Lando and Lobot in Jewel of Yavin, or if players are just generally getting into trouble on Cloud City.
>>
>>44434319
maybe so, but giving the /tg/ general audience access to the ability to play out their dark side fantasies is still a terrible fucking idea
>>
>>44434411
Two quests already dedicated to doing so.
>>
>>44434411

I've found the overwhelming majority of /tg/ quests eventually go full paragon regardless of original intent. I think Kyle will be just fine.
>>
File: 2bc.jpg (98 KB, 712x788) Image search: [Google]
2bc.jpg
98 KB, 712x788
I have a FFG Star Wars question.

If I use a neutral power like Foresee or Move and the Force die comes up black,can I still use it? Is there a downside? Does that generate conflict or something?
>>
In FFG games, when is it a good idea to lower one, some, or all characteristics to 1?
>>
>>44434406
True, in which case that's just skills.
>>
>>44434498
If you are a single-purpose droid.

Coincidentally, this is the only time you can lower one, some, or all characteristics to one.

God rest you, P3N-XV, Brawn 5, 1 Literally Everything Else, Definitely Not A Hauler Droid Someone Soldered A Vibro-Axe Onto, How Dare You Suggest Otherwise.
>>
>Rey is too good at force power
Kylo unlocks them on accident by probing her mind, once she figured out the reflex she turns his ability back on him, and uses the same thing to work the guard. It simplifies force power usage, but that's about it. Beating Kylo was easy because he was injured and his innate power is weak. Rey in the other hand can be sensed across the galaxy, she's probably stronger than Luke but has no training.

>piloting
The movie says she knows how to pilot, just not well. The "garbage" starship ends up being one of the fastest ships there are, and she does one trick outside of somehow lining up Finn's last shot (using the force). The other pilots don't even sweat her flight path, and she is using her home turf. She also uses the force saving Finn with a blast door.
>>
>>44434480
Yes, flip 1 Destiny Point and then spend Strain equal to the number of dark side points you're using. You also gain Conflict equal to dark side points used.

>>44434498
RAW, you can't. I guess it might be fine if you want a more specialized character and you're like a human and don't have a 1 already. Having 2 or more 1s can be fine if you don't mind shitting it up in those other characteristics as well.
>>
>>44434480
you spend a destiny point and strain equal to the black balls you're using. I don't remember how much conflict you get for it, though.
>>
>>44434576
>>44434586

Okay, cool. Is the narrative explanation for this just that you're thinking bad things when you do it?
>>
File: 1449954283863.png (28 KB, 151x248) Image search: [Google]
1449954283863.png
28 KB, 151x248
>the clone wars
>commodore gribus in full pursuit with a wing of droids
>Obi: time for some clever tricks, anakin
>anakin starts spinning
THIS IS THE BEST SERIES EVAH
>>
>>44434618
you tried to do the thing, it's not working! GRRRR! WORK YOU PILE OF SHIT FORCE, WORK I SAID!
>>
>>44434618
It's just that tapping into the force in a way you're not used to that strains you mentally. Dark Siders take the same penalty: 1 Destiny Point flip + Strain equal to Light Side Points
>>
>>44434019
Campaign is a lot of fun, for sure, but I really like the skirmish mode, too. Fortunately, there seems to be more momentum building for a skirmish meta at my FLGS.
>>
>>44434644
I now have the overwhelming urge to play a Temmie in a Star Wars game.
>>
>Charge after a stormtrooper like Han in New Hope
>Turn corner
>Squad of troopers
>Run away
>Get blasted into unconsciousness
>Trooper picks up my sword and puts it in his belt and kicks my ribs
>Pass out
>"Did I at least catch his serial number?"
>It was TR-8R

Later...

>Running away from Kylo Ren
>Try to fly away
>He Force pulls our ship back toward the hangar
>Hit the hyperdrive
>He doesn't let go in time and faceplants
>Hear him screaming and punching the ground as we enter hyperspace

I love Star Wars
>>
>>44434727
Play a selonian. They are weirdos in old canon.
>>
File: char_feng_image45.jpg (65 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
char_feng_image45.jpg
65 KB, 466x700
OK, /swg/, I normally only gonkpost in here, but you're my only hope.

Pretend I'm retarded and can't think good. Can someone walk me through the basics of how EotE works? Chargen, combat, skill checks (do they exist in EotE?), whatever else you think would be useful to know. I would like to try and get a game together, but if it's not worth it I'm just going to focus on Traveller instead.
>>
>>44434644
>the clone wars
>Grevious shows up somewhere
>a couple of spaceships explode
>thousands of troopers and droids die
>Grevious gets away again
>>
Just started playing X-wing and I'm in love but I'm encountering a serious problem. I have already collected around 16 ships, including the Outridwr and the rebel assault ship. The minis plus the other materials means I need something to store them in. I've never owner minis before. Wat do?
>>
>>44434881
Its literally explained in the first couple of chapters in any of the 3 core rulebooks.
Now if it was 'hard' or poorly written I'd explain a bit more, but it isn't so you just need to read it
>>
>>44434881
With chargen, you choose the obligation, pick a race, pick a career and then pick a specialization. Then you spend your starter experience given to you by your species and then you go and pick a motivation.

You have characteristics (attributes) and skills (skills), for rolling skills you pick green dice based on the higher of the two and turn green dice into yellow based on the lower of the two. then, the GM assigns a difficulty with his "this is how hard shit will be" dice. You roll it all together and the symbols on one set cancel the symbols on the other. There's "you achieved this shit" symbols and "something good happens" symbols with their arppriate negaversions. You manage it if you get uncanceled "you achieved this shit" symbols.

Combat is skill checks agains the opponent + a couple of tricks your specialization might have given you.
>>
>>44434881
For character generation and advancement, it's basically a point-buy system with class elements. Having a specific career or specialization makes a selection of skills cheaper for you to purchase with XP, and specializations also open up talent trees. In play you can buy new specializations with XP to add their skills to your list of career skills (making them cheaper to improve) and giving you access to their talent trees. Force powers work much like the specialization talent trees.

For dice mechanics -- which function mostly the same for combat and non-combat skills -- you assemble a pool of dice. You get positive dice for being good at something or having an advantageous situation. You get negative dice for the inherent difficulty of the task or negative circumstances. After rolling your dice pool, you cancel matching good vs. bad symbols. If you have uncancelled success symbols, you succeed at the task; otherwise you fail. If you have uncancelled advantage symbols, something good happens, whether you succeeded or not (and if you have uncancelled disadvantage symbols, something bad happens, even if you succeeded at what you were attempting to do).

It's a fairly narrative system, at least compared to D&D style games and Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars RPGs. I don't know how it compares to Traveller, though.
>>
>>44434975

tacklebox.

just toss em in.
>>
>>44434881
>Chargen
Go through the core step by step after you learn the basics. Use OggDude's Character Creator while you go through, it'll help you figure it out.
>combat, skill checks
Download the Beginner's Game from the OP, and use a web dice roller. You'll learn everything in like 10 minutes.

>>44434975
Cheap solution is tackle boxes. You can go with medium sized ones if you're just buying ones you like/some you need for competitive lists. You'll need pretty huge ones if you're buying at least one of everything.
>>
>>44435068
>You'll need pretty huge ones if you're buying at least one of everything.

that's a bit extreme. This isn't heroclix, is it?
>>
>>44434975

Tackle box. I own several for different miniature games.
>>
>>44435089
No, but they're all nice models and nearly every ship has something you can use with other ships. So it's not uncommon for people to grab a big chunk of the different ships.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (39 KB, 470x463) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
39 KB, 470x463
>>44434975
Plastic toolboxes used for technical gear, most of them come with foam already in them for about 30-50 dollaroos
>>
>>44434881
Download the EotE corebook. Spend about 5 minutes reading it. Fucksake man.

TL;DR of actually reading it like an adult: it's a fantastic system with very few flaws and I don't think I've ever seen a large complaint about it (barring maybe the slightly lackluster FaD)
>>
>>44435141
Well i lack the luxury of welfare.
>>
>>44434030
>They're from a planet in the Unknown Regions. But other crystals can give that color. Hell, just sticking an amethyst in the lightsaber would give you purple.

Actually any white-ish light source really sent through a prism and then just put a filter on it to knock out the rest of the spectrum
>optics nerd
>>
>>44435196
Why are there so many jerks in this thread all the time?
>>
>>44435266

Why are you such a little bitch?
>>
Okay, looking for last minute advice for my Saga edition game.
Running a game for two Jedi, im having them be younglings on the older side during Anakins raid on the temple and try and get them to survive.
The thing is though, i'm not sure if I'd rather have them be in the temple, or just outside, and have to run through the streets of coruscant, running away from storm troopers.

The game will go for about twenty - thirty minutes before the invasion, I think. To warm them up into the game, so it depends on where they are, but in general, what would you prefer to play through?
>>
>>44435283
Case in point.
>>
>>44435266
New movie came out plus school's out till New Years.
>>
>>44435266
Are you new here?
>>
>>44434136
Best part about it is the Giant Brown Shaft is actually just a detachable cargo pod that you can jettison at will. Of course, theoretically it only takes a single line of modules made specifically for the the Wayfarer-class. Gets a little hairy if you do it while flying in atmo, but if you've got a hot shipment, feel free to leave that bad boy hiding in an asteroid belt before docking with an Imperial space station.

Separate life support system, too so if you ever have the need, you can vent the air out of just the module. Handy if you're transporting some, uh... dangerous cargo.

Or you can Rodian rig a random shipping container to attach to the docking clamp, fill the fucker with explodes, hit the throttle to full, detach the pod and turn hard as you can while you let your strap-on filled with a couple tons of explodes punch straight into the hull of something much, much bigger than you.
>>
>>44435313
The thing is, i bet they're of legal drinking age.

They just didn't grow up.
>>
>>44435329
>>44435312
>>44435266

>WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAH
>PLZ NO BULLY
>WHY SO MANY BULLIES ON 4CHAN
>SAFE SPACE SAFE SPACE SAFE SPACE

Pathetic. Get on my fucking level, Padawans.
>>
>>44435329
*I* didn't grow up. I'm currently both salivating and worrying about the Ghostbusters Firehouse lego set. I need it in my life.
>>
>>44435378
you're never too old for LEGO
>>
>>44435363
I don't think the elevator goes that far down, man.
>>44435399
Tell that to my folks.
>>
>>44435407
>>44435399
>>44435363
>>44435378

Jeeze. What happened to their generation? No standards applied to them by their parents?
>>
Reminder that there is the Force, and the Dark side of the Force, anyone who mentions the words light side is a faggot
>>
File: 1450058578471.png (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450058578471.png
80 KB, 800x800
>>44435266
Why are there so many entitled babbies who can't be arsed to do their own reading in this thread all the time?

>can't be fucked to actually read the book or Google a summary
>gets mad when people call him lazy
>>
>>44435439
You shouldn't care.

Your image of ren is appropriate to the fit you're throwing.
>>
What is the best route for getting started in X-Wing?

I'm guessing core set - should I get TFA or X-Wing or both?
>>
File: 1386039758076.gif (1 MB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1386039758076.gif
1 MB, 150x113
>>44435426
>'their generation'
>Is probably himself less then 30
>>
>>44435253
Uh, I have some bad news for you.

Lightsabers don't use standard color refracting. It's why you can stick a diamond into a hilt and get a silver blade.
>>
>>44435306
bermping for help
>>
>>44435471

29 yeah. your generation born a decade before mine is the one most exposed to prenatal anti-depressants, which is why autism among your generation is the highest.
>>
>>44435196
The math is garbage, the books are laid out terribly, and combat comes down to who rolls better on the critical hit table and drags on too long. Abusing strain is simple as a GM, I could easily kill my players by making them pass out.

It has large, glaring flaws - but it still makes for a great Star Wars system because the customizability and gear sustem.
>>
>>44435306
>>44435550
Starting in the temple would be a lot more interesting, but realistically, they'd all be absolutely slaughtered. Starting outside and getting the message to return to the temple and possibly there being some sort of caution sign as they approach (vision, hearing screaming/blaster fire) is probably the better approach.
>>
File: tr.png (184 KB, 371x349) Image search: [Google]
tr.png
184 KB, 371x349
>>44435407
>Tell that to my folks.
Here's what you do. Buy a fuckton of Star Wars LEGOS and build yourself wargaming armies to be used with 40k using the basing guide you can find here
>http://sirrob01.com/2011/03/20/lego-basing-minifigs-for-wargaming/

Then, present them your mighty army consisting of hundreds of Clone Troopers, BARC speeders, Larties, an AT-TE, the old TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank, and maybe a couple of AT-DPs. Oh, and a Venator, of course. Then, brag about the fact that you only spent a few thousand dollars on LEGOs while also getting a high adaptable 40k army that would have cost a few dollars more.

Also, jesus, I'm sloppy with the name since I only use it in these threads and forgot well over half the time. Just assume that anytime you see someone jerking off to the Wayfarer or whining about 501st TIE shit that it's me.

>>44433885
>Barab ingot. Who could say no to a clear lightsaber that straight up ignites what it touches?
>Form IV. In it to win it.
>Zeltron. Non-humans do nothing for me, but near-humans are perfectly acceptable.
>>
File: 1423907622221.gif (220 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
1423907622221.gif
220 KB, 320x238
>>44435569

Yeah, okay Grandpa, I'm sure you're super cool.
>>
File: 1432529953885.png (398 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1432529953885.png
398 KB, 792x540
>>44434644
>it's good because of memes
>>
>>44435623
No thanks. I got out of wargaming with 40k and I don't intend to get back in, not even for Star Wars or X-Wing.

Also, you're assuming that my folks approve of my hobbies that aren't STUDY and WORK.
>>
>>44435676
>He says, while posting an animeme imemege
>>
>>44435455
There's pretty much no reason to get the old set first (Although it is worth getting later for the ships and cards)
Start with the new Core Set, play with that a bit to see if you like it. If you do, then it depends on what faction(s) you want to play. An "Aces" pack is usually the right direction to start in, or the old Core set. There are a couple things to watch out for though. A-wings, Y-wings, and TIE advanced all lag behind a bit if you don't have certain later sets to give them a boost, so I'd avoid those unless you're going all-in and don't mind buying two packs just to support the one ship.
If you plan to play Scum and Villainy, then you want the Most Wanted pack.
And of course, you can and should proxy stuff before you go wasting money on it. Planned purchasing is always a good idea, especially if you're trying to be competitive and need to mix and match upgrades from different packs.
>>
>>44435686
>Also, you're assuming that my folks approve of my hobbies that aren't STUDY and WORK.
I feel you, bro
such is second-generation asian-american life.
>>
File: twi_lek_ii_by_vavalika-d76ucyk.jpg (8 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
twi_lek_ii_by_vavalika-d76ucyk.jpg
8 MB, 3456x2592
>>44433885
>What would you use for a lightsaber crystal? What style would you use?
Krayt Dragon Pearls are literally the best, according to FFG

>Twi'lek or Zeltron
One you can save from slavery, and she'll fall in love with you
The other will make you take her on a shopping spree, while you pay for it, and you'll be happy to do it.

The choice is obvious
>>
>>44435569
You realize you're actually part of the Millennial generation, right?
>>
>>44435590
Book layout is a little schoonky I'll agree.

The critical thing I've never had an issue with, are you using them right?

And abusing *any* system is possible, it's not a system specific failing. By dint kf having rules at all, they will always be able to be cheesed.
>>
>>44435691

I think I am leaning towards playing Imperials because they have quite a few of the TIE variants I like.

I'll pick up the TFA core set and play a few games. After that I'll do some more research into how everything plays. From a cost stand point - if I want to be competitive what kind of cost am I looking at for an 'average sized' Imperial set up?
>>
>>44435724
>Moar damage = best
Considering the abilities you can gain from others I don't but Kryat being best.
>>
>>44435722
I'm a mighty-whitey but thanks for your sympathy.
>>
>>44435686
Oh, right, I forgot QuestAnon was Asian-American. My sympathies.

>>44435676
>criticizing memes with memes
It's [I personally would say good but you are entitled to your opinion] because it's fun while also doing a lot to fill in the character development for Obi-Wan and Anakin that actually makes Revenge of the Sith a better film by helping to flesh out the characters, their relationship, and Anakin's descent into darkness.

>>44435724
>FFG rules
Shit, did they release anything for barab ingot lightsabers? Because I might have to buy F+D if they have. Already love the other two and have EotE.
>>
File: bait0.jpg (29 KB, 252x259) Image search: [Google]
bait0.jpg
29 KB, 252x259
>>44435740
Bro, what're you doing?
>>
>>44435740
The only way for nemesis and rivals to die is by rolling 150+ on a crit table, which takes a lot of doing without PCs only using vicious weapons.
>>
File: Boba_Fett_Unleashed.jpg (884 KB, 730x1067) Image search: [Google]
Boba_Fett_Unleashed.jpg
884 KB, 730x1067
>>44435753

9 Damage, 1 Crit, Vicious 4. Sounds like the best to me

>>44435765
>barab ingot

yeah, they set people on fire
>>
>>44435737
Wasn't a part of it. Millennials are an american phenomena.
>>
>>44435804
The fact you're on 4chan disproves that assertion.
>>
>>44435455
Both coresets is a good place. Gives you extra dice, templates and obstacles. Though not needed if you want low budget. If you're just getting one coreset and don't have a preference on ships I'd go for the TFA one.

Either way getting the aces pack(or most wanted for scum) of your preferred faction is a good next step.
Beyond that just pick ships you like.
>>
File: 1426106456249.jpg (306 KB, 484x571) Image search: [Google]
1426106456249.jpg
306 KB, 484x571
>>44435791

This is a bad thing?

From a GM perspective, its great when I can have a recurring villain survive a fight, and not get pasted flat and killed immediately because of overwhelming firepower
>>
>>44435748
"Average" is highly subjective.
Swarms are 8 ships, maximum (the most basic, shitty TIE/ln is 12 points)
An average squad is more like 3-5 ships, less if you have all aces or a chunky shuttle.
You should be able to get a decent 100 point squad for well under $100. Maybe a little over if you start buying packs just for individual upgrade cards.
>>
>>44435819
Whatever.
>>
>>44435867
Case in point.
>>
>>44435623
>Then, brag about the fact that you only spent a few thousand dollars on LEGOs while also getting a high adaptable 40k army that would have cost a few dollars more.
I know 40k is expensive but you're just being absurd. A normal army is a few hundred not a few thousand.
>>
>>44435765
I know it's a thread meme, but I'm still not Asian in the least. I'm a mongrel of Western and Middle-Europe with ancestors who popped over here some time before the first world war. One of whom was a stowaway. (It was the Italian ancestor)
>>
>>44435791
Actually rivals can just be killed off like minions if they exceed Wounds if the GM okays it.
>>
>>44435796
God bless them. Yeah, reading it up now.

>8 Damage, 3 Crit, Breach 1, Burn 3, Vicious 2, Sunder. when fully upgraded

Truly, the weapon of a peacekeeper. Now, to desperately hope I can ever play F+D.
>>
>>44435836
That's fine... Until it's the final battle and they are crippled but still can fight at almost full strength and everyone is rolling <30 for crits.

I always, always have to just have encounters end when I feel like it or else the combat stretches out super long without great rolls.
>>
>>44435873
Whatever.
>>
>>44435791
>Rivals suffer Critical Injuries normally. However, when a rival exceeds his wound threshold, he can be killed outright (instead of incapacitated] at the GM's discretion.
They die at zero health, you silly billy.

>Nemeses suffer strain and wounds normally and do not have any special rules governing their operations.
As per players, they get knocked on their asses at 0 and die when they reach negative health equal to their max health.
>>
File: char_feng_image47.jpg (67 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
char_feng_image47.jpg
67 KB, 467x700
>>44435266
I bet a bunch of people will think you're >>44434881

but we know better
>>
>>44435765

>Barab Ingot
Base: Sets Lightsaber to Dam 8, Crit 3, Breach 1, Burn 1, Sunder
Mods: 2 Burn +1 mods, 2 Vicious +1 mods
>>
>>44435938
They'll think i'm whatever bogeyman makes the bad thoughts go away.
>>
File: 1401679189271.gif (2 MB, 227x350) Image search: [Google]
1401679189271.gif
2 MB, 227x350
>>44435912

At that point, you can bend the rules, and have a 0 wound treshold mean death.

Shit man, you aren't going to get sent to kessel if you don't follow the rules to the exact letter
>>
>>44435846

Gotcha - thanks for the input. At less $100 I may just dive in for some extra variety. I'm a recovering 40k/WHFB player so 100 dollars for anything seems like a steal.

How good are TIE defenders?
>>
>>44434881
>>44435938
Those faces are... something.
>>
>>44435988
You should see the other ones.
>>
File: char_feng_image46.jpg (71 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
char_feng_image46.jpg
71 KB, 467x700
>>44435988
They have faces?

Still need some more EotE handholding guys

Whatever you got to give
>>
>>44435912
If they reach 0 health (their wounds equal their treshold) nemeseseseses are immediately knocked out. At which point, the players can fucking execute them. This is in the rules, mang.
>>
>>44435987
They're good, but expensive (Pointwise). Highly maneuverable, able to U-turn better than just about anything else (Mostly because they can do it without gaining a point of stress, which is a really good upside), good stats in all categories. They aren't as good as they were in the source material, but that's because the source material made them completely bonkers.
>>
File: [wilhelm scream].png (1 MB, 708x1099) Image search: [Google]
[wilhelm scream].png
1 MB, 708x1099
>>44435879
>I know it's a thread meme, but I'm still not Asian in the least
it feels like one of the recurring jokes in a cheap sitcom
>>44435988
there's far, far worse, bud. here's a sample
>>
>>44436117
Dear god why. I wouldn't have known that was supposed to be Mission without T3-M4.
>>
>>44436089

Makes sense - in the source material they're literally the best fighter ever I didn't figure they'd be that good.

That said Vader's TIE Advanced X1, Defenders, and Interceptors are some of my favorite ships period (at least in the fighter class).

How effective are bombers in X-Wing, source wise it seems like they'd not be great in the environment presented.
>>
To our friend posting stuff from Keeping the Peace earlier, are there any new Armor attachments, or is that kind of stuff in the new armor making rules?
>>
>>44436117
My LIFE is a cheap sitcom.
>>
>>44436227
yeah, kinda
>>
File: Ghost.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Ghost.png
1 MB, 1024x768
So, does shipfag have any stats for the VCX-100?

The official stats are awful, and completely unusable
>>
Hey, in SAGA, when do Jedi become truly OP? Is it around Level 7 or 8?
>>
File: Poe Dameron T-70 Paintjob.png (2 MB, 1320x1006) Image search: [Google]
Poe Dameron T-70 Paintjob.png
2 MB, 1320x1006
Finished and sealed my T-70 painted up as Poe Dameron's ship. Sorry I can't get my phone to get any better resolution on it.

Now I can field Poe as Poe in Poe's ship. Though it does mean that every ship from my TFA Core Set is now black.
>>
>>44436255
YT-1300 with more gunz
>>
>>44436276
Ooo, that's fine. That's DAMN fine.
>>
>>44436255
give me a bit and I will
you want I should keep the current gun setup or tone it down for the stock model?
>>
>>44436166
Bombers get better the bigger the game is, essentially. Bombs rely on the enemy being somewhere behind your bomber at some point, which means you either move after the enemy when they moved behind you or you drop the bomb and hope the enemy flies right into it (Note that all movement is locked in before anyone reveals what they're doing, and there are circumstances that can force you to move certain ways if you aren't an idiot, so guessing where they'll fly is a thing you can do as a player)
Missiles and torpedoes are, for the most part, single use replacements for your normal attack that either do an assload of damage or add nasty effects to the enemy, such as ion damage, or stress. What you get with the TIE Punisher is really good for making the most of missiles, torpedoes, and bombs.
>>
File: ghost-rebels-visual-guide.jpg (925 KB, 2100x1342) Image search: [Google]
ghost-rebels-visual-guide.jpg
925 KB, 2100x1342
>>44436314

Tone it down, I would figure.

Stock should have the chin guns, and dorsal turret, I figure.
>>
>>44436311

The light seems to be covering how much I needed to thin my paints on the things, but the clearcoat I finished it in did wonders for flattening the whole paintjob out.

And, yes, that's BB-8 in the astromech port. I cut down the astromech stand-in and replaced the head with a tiny dab of greenstuff for a nice, round head.
>>
>>44435916
Wait, what? Nemeses get taken out of the fight at 0 Wounds and die when they get "Killed dead" on a later Critical.
>>
>>44436276
>>44436361
You did a really good job anon! Poe's T-70 is awesome.
>>
>>44436368
Yeah, players don't die at Negative Wound Threshold, they just don't suffer any further wounds. Every hit they take while Incapacitated rolls a new Critical Injury though, pushing them closer to death.
>>
>>44436322

Cool - thanks for the help! I went ahead and ordered TFA core set plus Imperial Aces tonight. Fortunately there are more than a few folks playing in my area so I can play around with the stuff in the old core set before investing in it.
>>
>>44436276
FA was awful and you should feel awful.
>>
>>44436269
That's about when things start evening out, really, when Defenses start catching up to UtF skill checks.

They're not 3.x wizard tier by any means, except early on when their UtF bonus by itself before they even roll can be equal to most things Defenses.
>>
File: 1450668208680.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1450668208680.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>44436407

I use the same rules for ships.

Once a ship hits 0 Hull, I half its stats and just keep stacking crits - damage in this case adds a plus equal to the damage on the crit roll.

Only really works for capital ships and "important" fighters\freighters\etc. enemy ties go up in smoke when zeroed
>>
>>44436407
Yeah, don't Nemeses have the same life-or-death rules as PCs? I'm pretty sure the corebook says they do.
>>
>>44436341
here it is:

VCX-100 Light Freighter

Silhouette: 4
Speed: 3
Handling: -2
Def: 1/1
Armor: 4
HT threshold: 31
SS threshold: 19

Hull Type/Class: Freighter/VCX-100
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Hyperdrive: Primary Class 3, Backup Class 12
Navicomputer: Yes
Sensor Range: Medium
Ship's compliment: One Pilot, One Co-pilot
Encumberence Capacity: 250
Passenger Capacity: 6
Consumables: Six Months
Cost/Rarity: 140,000/7
Customization Hardpoints: 5
Weapons:
Dorsal Turret-Mounted Twin Laser Cannon
(Fire Arc All; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)
Forward Mounted Twin Light Laser Cannon
(Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 5; Range [Close]; Linked 1)
>>
>>44436361
It's good work. Sometimes that clear coat makes it all look good.
>>44436421
Ah, blow it out yer ass.
>>
>>44435592
You Could pull the old, Jedi Master XXX Sacrifices himself to give you a chance to escape. perhaps giving you the keys to his speeder or something.
>>
>>44436426
So, a Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 1 wouldn't steal the show from a Soldier 7/Elite Trooper 1 and a Noble 3/ Scoundrel 3/ Soldier 1/Improviser 1?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>44436505
Do you give your PCs 50% off on that truecoat?
>>
File: Rebels-concept1_lg.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rebels-concept1_lg.jpg
208 KB, 1280x720
>>44436493

Looks good

Handling is a little low

Also, 140k puts it out of the starter ship range (but thats more GM decision anyway)

Thanks man!

I really can't believe FFG botched the stats for it so hard
>>
>>44436033
Okay, trying to be less of a dick this time:

>Character creation
Pick a race, each one gives different base stats and a special perk or ability, as well as starting xp.

Then pick a career, which is a broad category like bounty hunter, or smuggler. Each career then has three specializations: choose one. Examples include pilot under smuggler, and assassin under bounty hunter. This gives you a few free skills based on choice.

Then spend your starting xp on additional skills, increasing base stats, talents (kinda like feats I guess) and additional specializations (including Force sensitive).

>Game play
Dice are non standard, with three positive types (and three different outcomes) each with a negative counterpart. Successes (what determine check success) are cancelled by failures, advantages (give additional effects beyond failure or success) cancelled by threat, and triumph (success and avantage rolled into one highly powerful package) AREN'T cancelled by despair (but despair and triumph can exist on the same roll).

No DCs, so to speak: you add difficulty and setback dice to pools to increase difficulty.

If you crack out a Web roller it becomes very very clear how it works.
>>
>>44436519
Not really. Of course, it all depends on the Talents involved for everyone, and what Force powers the Jedi chose.
>>
>>44436515
Jedi Master XXX sounds like Smuggler Porn Parody.
>>44436538
Only after convincing them that the price was 100% higher.
>>
>>44436558
What are the Game Breaking Force Powers? Should I just limit the number of levels of Jedi they can take instead?
>>
File: lundegaard.jpg (47 KB, 680x300) Image search: [Google]
lundegaard.jpg
47 KB, 680x300
>>44436566
Aw jeeze.
>>
>>44436540
I don't know why or how, but FFG just absolutely shits the bed as soon as vehicles get involved. there's honestly a LOT of this in their SW games

and you could always drop the price if you felt like it. remember, most light freighters were 20-40k USED in the old D6 game, which is what i've always stuck with
>>
File: tv will defend this.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
tv will defend this.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>44436421
Aww don't be like that. Give us a smile cutie.
>>
File: yaDm7Jq.gif (1005 KB, 400x180) Image search: [Google]
yaDm7Jq.gif
1005 KB, 400x180
>>44436674
Wrong image, but still pretty relevant.
>>
What does the Miy'til and Blade-32 look like from keeping the peace?
>>
>>44436674

Wow. That animation looks more like the Clone Wars cartoon than a Star Wars movie.
>>
File: 1446851332366.gif (325 KB, 157x178) Image search: [Google]
1446851332366.gif
325 KB, 157x178
>>44436674

>filename

Whats wrong with that scene?
>>
>>44434017
ship is very under appreciated. The brown container part is customizable AND swappable. I used one for a crew in an EotE game. Hauling animal cargo? Big cargo area, sealed medical bay. Doing recon? Oh look, it's now a hangar bay. Having a fight with a big bad? RANDOM CRATES!

Dear FFG: when you're done creaming yourself over new TIE variants, could you give S&G players ANY FUCKING INFORMATION ON WHAT'S COMING UP? The ships are on the fucking boat, but the last time we got any information was THE INITIAL FUCKING ANNOUNCEMENT.

fucking assholes
>>
>>44436765

There's a little up on the fan wiki that people have gleaned off stuff, but not much.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Mist_Hunter_Expansion_Pack

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Punishing_One_Expansion_Pack
>>
>>44436697
Seems like you picked the most appropriate image.

>>44436740
>Whats wrong with that scene?
Well, I'm no film studies major, but off-hand:
>terrible CG animation
>"shaky-cam reality TV zoom-in" on clone pressbox

Also, I'm not positive, but it looks like they used the same "billowing cloud of dust" animation three times in a row when the ship crashes, just larger each time.
>>
>>44436740
When TFA just came out there was a huge number of people posting in /tv/ that the SFX and tactics in TFA don't stack up to the prequels.
>Aayla Secura running on the spot
>Rigid trooper movements
>Troopers not taking any cover, just walking forward and shooting.
>Master 'Shoot the spaceship' Yoda
>>
>>44436887
>>Aayla Secura running on the spot
Holy shit, I never noticed that before.
>>
So, what the fuck are the troopers doing by shooting ships with their rifles in the movies, as per the FFG rules? It seems that thanks to vehicle scale, you can do jackshit to a ship with a rifle.
>>
>>44436808

Yeah, pretty much all from the initial announcement. Though I find it funny they have the Gonk droid under Crew, when the Jumpmaster 5000 has a Salvaged Astromech slot. I'm guessing the Gonk droid gives extra shields or something, since the Jumpmaster 5000 only has 4 shields but comes with 7 shield tokens.

I play S&V pretty much exclusively and FFG hasn't really done much to keep me as a customer. Very little in this wave I'm looking forward to so far, especially given the tractor beam is a piece of shit for everyone except the fucking imperials.
>>
File: 136073075539.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
136073075539.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>44436970

>trooper with a blaster knocks out the engine on Poe's T-70
>later, a squad of troopers magdump on it with rifles, and it blows up
>>
>>44437069

it was the will of the force
>>
>>44436674
>>44436887
>>44436934
>>44436887
Oh my god, I never even noticed that.
>>
>>44436573
It's not so much about individual powers (though some are definitely more powerful than other) as it is about UtF checks and how they can quickly and easily overwhelm Defenses.

Consider the following. Skills are 1d20 + 1/2 character level + modifiers, most notably a +5 for training. Skill Focus gives another +5.

It's entirely possible for a level 1 Jedi to have a +14 UtF score. Most Force powers have a minimum 15 to activate.

You really just have to read the book in order to see what powers you might want to dissuade the Jedi from taking.

Something like Battle Strike, if he took it and had Skill Focus: Use the Force, could roll a 7 and get 3d8+3d6 damage on his next attack with his lightsaber.

Force Grip can cause 6d6 damage with a DC 25. Move Object can do 8d6 with a DC 30.

Really, like most issues, this can be solved simply by reading. The book is pretty clear in its terminology, there's nothing really confusing in there (except the grapple rules, because d20 cannot into grapple rules whatsoever).
>>
>>44437019
I feel your pain, bro. I was riding high from Most Wanted to the StarViper, even though the Viper is hindered by the unique quality on the Virago. The Kihraxz is a fun ship and I've always been a fan of Bossk and the Trannies, but I think a lot of the problem we're going to have is the simple fact that right now, no-one gives a shit about us on the broader market. Most of the ships we'll be getting are coming from Galaxies for fuck's sake, and we're got a new steady stream of Marvel Movies that will be pumping out more ships for the First Order and Resistance.

You better pray to god that the Crimson Pirate King Whatever or some more scumbags appear in the next movie, because otherwise we're in for a relatively long winter especially since the the six bounty hunters from Empire have now all been statted.
>>
>>44437019

Yeah, S&V need some new toys. Uglies? Some new fighters or a new Large Ship?

A Huge Ship would be cool, something big, bulky, and ugly that can take a beating and fits itself with some eclectic systems, some turrets, and a large number of support for their own fighters, and fuckery for their enemies.

>>44437069
>>44437082

Probably someone hitting it with something heavier. Ships generally have shields to protect them. They also had to bring out the big, tripod-mounted gun to blow it up, same kind of thing the Imperials brought out on Han when he was trying to get out of Hoth base.

>>44437160

>Crimson Corsair for S&V

Just take my credits and give me the ship!
>>
So I played a match tonight with an X-wing and Y-wing vs a TIE bomber, and two TIE fighters
Do seismic charges kinda suck, or is it more a swarm counter?
>>
>>44437069
As per movie canon, I offer the following stats for the T-70:

Silhouette: 3
Speed: 5
Handling: +2
Def: 1/1
Armor: 0
HT threshold: 2
SS threshold: 11

Hull Type/Class: starfighter t-70 x-wing
Manufacturer: incom corporation
Hyperdrive: Primary Class 1, Backup: none
Navicomputer: none - astromech socket
Sensor Range: Medium
Ship's compliment: One Pilot, One astromech driod
Encumberence Capacity: 10
Passenger Capacity: 0
Consumables: one week
Cost/Rarity: 120,000/5
Customization Hardpoints: 1
Weapons:
S-foil-mounted mediu m laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 3).
Forward-mounted proton torpedo launchers (Fire Arc Forward ; Damage 8; Critical 2 ; Range [Short] ; Blast 6, Breach 6, Guided 2, Limited Ammo 6, Linked 1 , Slow-Firing 1).
Belly Mounted Retractable Light Repeating Blaster (this weapon's entire profile uses personal scale, not planetary scale. [Fire Arc Forward; Damage 11; Critical 3; Range [Extreme]; Auto-Fire, Pierce 1)
>>
I haven't seen the movie yet, but what happens to the Trooper of Sick Spins?
>>
>>44437273

He kicks Finn's ass and then gets one-shotted by Chewie.
>>
>>44437273
He becomes a legend
>>
File: TR-8R.gif (49 KB, 208x331) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.gif
49 KB, 208x331
>>44437273

Han shoots him dead.

He becomes a meme.
>>
>>44437273
shot by chewie when about to kill finn. but considering that he's become so popular and is basically the boba fett of this movie (minor character that becomes a fan favorite) i wouldn't be surprised if he comes back somehow.
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (267 KB, 942x1441) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
267 KB, 942x1441
>>44437297
>>
So is one obligation something that eote characters always have?

Or if they pay that dept to the local hitt off do they need to come up with a new one?
>>
File: 1451219971262.jpg (50 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
1451219971262.jpg
50 KB, 600x718
>>44437273

I wonder what JJ's reaction is to TR-8R becoming a meme
>>
>>44434238
Yes please. It'd be nice to have a quest where you're not playing as an Old Republic Sith Apprentice or Stormtrooper #941245
>>
File: pic2032324_lg.jpg (218 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
pic2032324_lg.jpg
218 KB, 1024x576
>>44437069
Multiple squads of minions combining their firepower to turn personnel attacks into a single vehicle-tier attack.

>>44437187
There's really one one option for a Scum Huge Ship. The unwieldy brute that is the Interceptor-class frigate. A little shorter than a Corellian corvette, but with the shielding of a Nebulon-B as an engine to match. Six turbolasers, and three proton torpedo tubes aimed straight ahead. The Shitty Guy even made an upgraded version that had a 'full salvo' capabilities with the torpedo tubes that allowed it to fire damn near its full load in a rapid fire. And it only took 20 crewmen to staff the damn thing.

However, the fucking thing's hull was same as paper thin, closer to a freighter than a frigate.
>>
>>44437381

Sounds like a beast of a ship. As per game, looks like you get one Huge Ship geared for shooting, and another geared for support, each with their own flavor on how they do it.
>>
>>44437330
The GM is supposed to always find ways to pump more obligation in. Either: by making offers (players have been captured, in exchange for favor obligation, the guy will let you go), by making deals (you can have the repairs for your ship for some debt obligation) or by simply dumping it on them (your killing of stormtroopers made the empire angry, everyone now has bounty obligation). The players aren't supposed to ever go bellow five obligation.
>>
File: R2FU.jpg (431 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
R2FU.jpg
431 KB, 1200x1600
>>44436970
Most common houserule there is 5-1 damage instead of 10-1
>>
>>44437248
A little of both. Plus being the cheap option.
>>
>>44437160
>>44437187

I feel like FFG took a look at the A-Wing problem/fix and was like "Nah, we can totally do it right this time!" and then didn't. And then wonder why none of the actual scum ships show up in lists.

The scyk is a piece of garbage still; I keep hearing "tractor beams will make it useful!". no they fucking won't. Tractor Beam Tokens (TBTs) go away at the end of the round, so your tractor ships have to go before your other ships. So you either run a low PS swarm, which will struggle to get shots on high PS aces, or you put the Tractor Beam on a high PS ship with a cannon slot, but who wants to give up an actual attack with a high red die ship like the YV or Firespray? Last option? 23 fucking points for Serissu with title (which should have been fucking free) and TB? I've tried to make that little bitch work, it's not going to happen. 1 shield and 2 hull just doesn't last when you can't arc dodge because no boost. Or I guess I can shell out 4 MORE points for EU and pay over a quarter of my squad points for a ship designed to do 0 damage.

GREAT FUCKING PLAN

The Starviper is a ship literally designed by a crime lord for his criminal organization. How the fuck is the Illicit slot not STANDARD on that fucking thing? Because FFG, that's fucking why.

I'm honestly not holding out much hope of seeing good S&V ships from the new trilogy. There was basically nothing in TFA that could be given to scum, so they'll either have to squeeze more blood from the EU stone or just ignore us. I'm guessing it's the latter.
>>
>>44437284
God dammit Chewie, I hope you die under a moon again.
>>
>>44437534
>yfw rey force moves the moon away and saves chewie from it
>>
File: Deathstaro.jpg (279 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Deathstaro.jpg
279 KB, 1200x1600
>>44437574

That's no moon...
>>
>>44437534
>>44437574

>kylo ren attempts to pull a moon onto chewie
>struggles, it starts to move
>rey holds up her hand, and the moon shoots off into outer space
>chewie shoots kylo again
>>
File: shots fired.gif (3 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
shots fired.gif
3 MB, 300x236
>>44437534
>I hope you die under a moon again.
Fucks sake man, that's not very nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 488x488
>>44437574
Since you have no yfw, here's mfw.
>>
File: 1369974760858.jpg (112 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1369974760858.jpg
112 KB, 710x508
>>44437500
>Scyk
Literally the only thing I use it for is an over-priced Mangler platform, and it costs too much for me to really ever use it for that purpose. And fuck using them in a swarm because there's no reason I'd ever actually use naked Scyks when I could just fly Bugzappers instead.

Honestly, I just wish they'd give the whole fucking faction the Illicit slot as free bonus, much like ship mods.

>>44437534
Don't worry, the kill isn't confirmed and TR-8R was wearing his armor. I'm sure he'll be fine.

>>44437446
Reasonable.

>>44437428
>tfw running for Chico Dusty and Crew, with Party Obligation totaling 85 from the start
>>
>>44434063
Best taste, though I prefer Form V.
>>
Has anyone gotten their hands on the new EotE supplement, Mask of the Pirate Queen? If so, how is it? If not, how long ya reckon it'll be?
>>
Played my first game of X-Wing today: my two Epsilon Pilots vs a T-65 rookie with R2-D2 and proton torpedoes. One of my /fos got blown apart in one torpedo salvo, and the other was double stressed then killed in one turn by regular weapons fire at range 1. Still, I had fun and am thinking of buying the TIE defender or YT-2400.
>>
Quick! Name some good star wars games on steam right now that isn't KOTOR1/2
>>
>>44436674
To be fair this series is almost as bad as TFA.

Almost.
>>
>>44433885
>What style would you use?

As per FFG...

>Form 1 - Useless because Blasters
>Form 2 - Useless on general principal
>Form 3 - One of the only worthwhile styles to use
>Form 4 - Fastest way to run out of strain, without sucking on an ion pistol
>Form 5 - Useless for the thief\stealth class its attached to
>Form 6 - The only other lightsaber style worth a damn
>>
>>44437847
Republic commando
>>
File: 1281670561714.jpg (197 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1281670561714.jpg
197 KB, 1024x768
>>44437847

Republic Commando
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Academy
X-Wing\TIE Fighter\X-Wing vs TIE Fighter\X-Wing Alliance
>>
>>44437847
Battlefront 2. Wish Battlefront 1 was for those cockpits on Cloud City. And Rhen Var. And Cloud City.
>>
>>44437878
Aren't the Steam versions of the Jedi Knight games pretty crap?
>>
File: 1333035692607.jpg (109 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
1333035692607.jpg
109 KB, 428x640
>>44437896

The only issue I've noticed with them, is that they need mods to change the aspect ratio\resolutions, and they tend to dump your screen brightness to max after the game turns off
>>
>>44437878
How do the mandolorians feel about clone troopers? did anyone ever know who they were cloned from? Besides the jedi
>>
>>44437896
They crashed constantly for me, even with the mods that allegedly fixed them. I ended up giving up and buying from GOG instead, I've had one crash since in upwards of 45 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>44437971
Why would it matter knowing they were Jango's clones? He's a human, not a Mando.
>>
>>44437971
"Eww, people who fight! Yuck, how can they hold weapons, that's disgusting! Think... peaceful... thoughts..."
>>
File: boba____by_chrisscalf-d4wxcsd.jpg (70 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
boba____by_chrisscalf-d4wxcsd.jpg
70 KB, 600x843
>>44437971

That depends really

Old Canon, most Mando's considered Jango a traitor - those same Mando's joined the separatists and were wiped out at Norval II. the only Mando's who were sympathetic to the Clones were the Cuy'val'dar - the guys who were hired on to train the Clone Commandos.

New canon, there is no connection between Jango and the Mandalorians, and from what i've seen, none of them seem to care
>>
>>44437354

Yeah, I think I might move forward with it.
>>
here's the version of a list I posted the other day that I finally got t actually play in a game tonight.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!175:18,-1,148,-1:-1:20:;185:27,-1,149,-1:-1:-1:;48:151,0,32:-1:-1:

Let me tell you, being able to T-roll with impunity is bretty gud I found out. The T-roll is just great.

Also, I know it was luck but I knew the game was gun be good when the opening salvo was from Poe at 4 dice hit-hit-crit-focus witha focus on him. Jan is pretty great too.
>>
What do you think lads?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!71:18,-1,-1:33:17:;28:18:5:5:M.15;26::5:15:M.5
>>
>>44438156

This is almost exactly the list I intend to run when I can grab an HWK-290 after my second T-70 comes in, though I might prefer Kyle over Jan, but Jan seems pretty good.
>>
>>44437106
Thanks mate, that really clears stuff up.
>>
Question, what name do unnamed orphan babies get if they go to the Jedi Order?
>>
>>44438336
Rey.
>>
File: 1431571804566.jpg (11 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1431571804566.jpg
11 KB, 160x160
>>44438336
Pepe.
>>
Gearing up to run Edge of the Empire for the first time, and had the idea to start each session with a crawl.

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator?cid=56806d0ee4b07bbbeb811cc5

The hype is too fucking real. Haven't been this excited to GM a game in forever.
>>
>>44438358
You know what, I'm giving my Jedi that as a last name. Because fuck you.
>>
>>44438358
>>44438363
Prey.

Or Reype.
>>
Gearing up to run a little X-Wing tournament over Vassal with a bunch of guys I play RPGs with, and we're looking to try a couple of houserules for ships that have been under performing in our casual games previously. Namely the M3A Scyk and the T-65 X-Wing, and I'd like to get some feedback on the ideas we've come up with so far. Starting with the Scyk:

>New Title: Mandal Motors Interceptor - 0pts
>M3-A Interceptor only.
>When performing a barrel roll you may use the speed 1 Left Bank or speed 1 Right Bank template instead of the speed 1 straight template.
>When you reveal a turn manoeuvre, you may instead perform a Talon Roll of the same direction and speed. Treat the manoeuvre as a red manoeuvre.

>Revised Title: “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor - 2pts
>M3-A Interceptor only.
>Your upgrade bar gains the Cannon, Torpedo OR Missile upgrade icon.
>Increase your hull value by 1.
>>
>>44438336
Something with an apostrophe or three. Du'Ke'Doo, Omi-Gawsh, Ban'Ana'Ram'Aja'Ma are perfect example.

>>44438418
Go for it, it only makes one person look like a faggot.

It's you though.
>>
>>44438462
And the X-Wing:
>New Title: Rogue Squadron Pilot - 0pts
>X-Wing Only, T-70 X-Wings may not take this upgrade.
>Your upgrade bar gains 1 Elite Pilot Talent upgrade icon.
>You cannot equip 2 of the same Elite Pilot Talent upgrade cards. You cannot equip this if your pilot skill value is "2" or lower.

>New Modification: Variable Firing Synchroniser - 3pts
>X-Wing Only, T-70 X-Wings may not take this upgrade.
>Increase your primary weapon attack value by 1.

I'm most dubious about the X-Wing cards, as Integrated has buffed it, though the T-70 still outshines it by a substantial margin in my eyes. I think that the Rogue Squadron Pilot title offers a good way of accentuating the greatest draw and advantage of the classic X-Wing, it's plentiful and useful pilot abilities. Giving all the named aces access to an EPT opens up some interesting synergies and helps make up for the craft's mediocre dial and poor action bar. Not sure about the cost though.
>>
>>44438512
T-65 still has 2 of the better pilots in the game, it doesn't need shit.
>>
>>44438540
>>44438512

And some of the non-EPT X-Wing pilots have great synergy with new Astromechs that have come out. Hobbie and Targeting Astromech make for a great pair.
>>
File: Windu_vs_Bulq.jpg (1 MB, 1849x688) Image search: [Google]
Windu_vs_Bulq.jpg
1 MB, 1849x688
>>44437855
What a pussy.

There is only one style. The forbidden seven.
>>
>>44438656
Go home, Mace Dindu. No-one wants your advice.
>>
>>44438700
Says a person who didn't BTFO Palpatine.
>>
>>44438710
Says a person who did get BTFO by Palpatine
>>
>>44438540
>>44438566
I have enjoyed running a list with Targeting Astro Hobbie, but every week when game results for the group of 18 or so of us come it, the people flying X-Wing centric lists consistently sit around the lower end (though we've only had a week or so flying the Targeting Astromech etc. Of course, some or even much of that might be a result of player skill, but I'm also noticing that I do much better running T-70 or B-Wing centric lists than T-65 ones, and I'm definitely one of the higher skill players. The intent was to make the T-65 a powerful ship, one considered on par with Squints, Y-Wings and so on as a great inclusion to a list, not simply an adequate/efficient one. Assuming that intent, how would you assess those changes?

I plan on playing a Scyk list for this little competition though, to see how the buffs play out, so what do people think of those changes?
>>
>>44438788

X-Wings and Scyks do look like they're struggling, X-Wings in the face of T-70s, and Scyks because they're overpriced and fragile. Your mods could work with them. Make them dodgier or heavier.
>>
>>44437800
It'a alright, one of those typical adventures where players are bait-and-switched in the big encounters. But it does have some nice ideas and encounters If I use it I'd probably try adjusting it a bit first. Not something like Jewel of Yavin where I'm more generally pleased with everything and don't see big adjustments necessary.
>>
>>44438754
Only because Anakin betrayed the Jedi. Until then Windu was hammering Palpatine into the floor.
>>
>>44438841
Yeah, the intent was to make them able to arc dodge or otherwise be zippy without simply giving them Boost, or otherwise making the Heavy Scyk title more efficient points wise.
>>
>>44438857
You say that, but wasn't part of Palps plan making it seem like the Jedi were going crazy so that he would fall closer to Palpatine.
>>
>>44438487
Not if he switches the spelling. Rei, Ray, Wray, Wrei, Yrey, Yrei, etc.

Still a fuck you, but no one knows.
>>
File: BANE.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BANE.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>44438893

Of course.
>>
>>44438656
Technically, Form VII is Juyo. Vaapad is just a variant that Mace Windu and Sora Bulq created and Depa Billaba was taught. Two of the listed fell to the Dark Side, so, careful.
>>
>>44438893
Except it was confirmed that Mace had beaten Palpatine.
>>
I've been thinking of wanting to try a for fun variation of x-wing where we toss as many maneuver dials as we can into a box or a bag or whatever and before moves are chosen each turn every one draws a dial at random for each of their ships. Also no one reveals what dial they draw until moves are revealed.

I think it could be fun and funny, yea or nay?
>>
>>44438872
Yeah, I would be a -lot- more comfortable running Mangler Scyks with this change. As is, I'm basically just always stuck with either Guri Virago, Bulldogs, Bugzappers, or Bounty Hunters. Dat variety, tho.

>>44438656
What an edgy kiddo. Form IV is the real men. Fight like a crazed velociraptor and either win in the first few seconds as you jump around like a coked up Space Kenyan or die.

>>44438948
Oh? I just witnessed the runback of the era that also got Sheev a sidekick.
>>
>>44438974

Everyone chooses Red difficulty moves to fuck everyone else over, and chooses ships that can either deal with stress or takes upgrades or talents that let them rotate their maneuver dials.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.