[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KanColle RPG: Chakunin no Sho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Was this ever translated?
>>
No idea.

I read a PDF for a Kancolle RPG, but the rules were horrible. It was dice rolling the game.

Even your characters dialog was rolled off a chart of stock catchphrases.
>>
>>44432806
How horrifying
>>
>>44432806
>It was dice rolling the game.
Wow, whoever would have thought you'd roll dice in a game? And here on /tg/ of all places, no less!
>>
>>44433805
There was no more game.

The GM rolled up events. You rolled in response to the events. More dice were rolled. You rolled for roleplay. The session ended. You rolled up an ending result.

Wow, so much fun.
>>
>>44433874
You've obviously never actually played the game.
>>
>>44433956
I read the PDF, and it was fucking terrible. Gutter trash with no room for roleplay and no potential to create a campaign or any kind of story arc.

Maybe you like boatsluts, but there are much better ways of getting your fix than the RPG.
>>
>>44434013
can you post the pdf?
>>
>>44432604
The base book was translated but none of the expansion books, I believe
>>
Are their rules for making your own ships, I'd love to play a brash Samantha B. Roberts
>>
>>44438204
Ditto. Except I would prefer to play the Grey Ghost herself
>>
While I very much liked the idea of players having to RP random events happening around base, the combat was dull and boring; which, granted, is the norm in rules lite games, but because it takes up a good portion of the session it drags down the rest of the game. I genuinely wouldn't recommend it for a longer running campaign; and as there are much better rules light systems for one-shots, I could only suggest playing it if you and your players are into boatsluts.

On the other hand, having to chose a character as opposed to making your own worked better than I expect, but not in a way I think the developers intended. Amusingly, the 1-dimensional nature of the characters in KanColle function as the perfect template for the players to build a character around. In the session I ran, the players developed a tendency to naturally develop their own interpretations on how the characters act and engage with one another. As a result, I actually didn't bother with the character dialog system, because what they came up with was infinitely more amusing.
>>
>>44432806
So in short, just like the browser game.
>Kancolle
>small c
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.