[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SuperHuman Legacy Quest 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 23
File: Start image.jpg (50 KB, 565x378) Image search: [Google]
Start image.jpg
50 KB, 565x378
Your name is Thomas Cairn, and you were finally starting to get your life figured out. That is, until you managed to blow it all up. You're dad left you a legacy as the Red Rider, and you carry it as the Red Knight, a hero for a modern age. You had your own company, a suit of power armor, an AI assistant, even a girlfriend. You had a great life. Then an unlucky invention put an end to that. It was just supposed to even out some pressure systems, you didn't know it would end up blowing up like Independence Day.

In a flash of blue light, your life was stripped from you, leaving you in a plain room with an intercom blaring. One thing lead to another, and now you are sitting in a lab, your element, apparently saved from certain death by a federal organization.

About SuperHuman Legacy Quest: http://pastebin.com/t0GNPM0h

Archived Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Superhuman%20Legacy

Tech Trees: http://pastebin.com/9uxS0teL

Plot Points: http://pastebin.com/q8wm3Lr3

MC Notes: http://pastebin.com/aNFFXTCU

Armor Loadout: http://pastebin.com/Jta4cNfX

Researched Tech: http://pastebin.com/CN3UaTbN
>>
File: Labmaster.jpg (18 KB, 299x193) Image search: [Google]
Labmaster.jpg
18 KB, 299x193
You sit in the plain white lab, no clue where exactly you are, but you feel less confused now. These guys could be tricking you, but at least they have no reason to harm you, otherwise they would have already. Maybe they want your inventions, that could be why they gave you the lab, though they said it was for recreational use after physical therapy each day. They certainly know what someone like you needs for their work, this place is kitted out.

Despite a lack of any volatile chemicals, there are a few ideas you've been tossing around in your head that don't involve that. You were thinking on how you could fix your legs more effectively and it brought you back to Immortal, a Superhero who comes back from every injury. Maybe you could replicate his power, as somehow he can perform it on others too.

On that track, you were thinking about the Super gene, maybe you could figure out the exact way it works. You flatten down your hair a bit, must have gotten messed up somehow, and think. There is a massive amount of genetic material that has no obvious purpose, maybe that's the key. If you could engineer the response that causes powers, maybe you could choose the power in an emerging Super.

A shadow creeps back into your thoughts, Menace, he could be anywhere. You need some way to combat him other than blocking telepathy, he might have more up his sleeve. You thought of, for lack of a better word, a raygun that could interfere with psychic powers. If you find him, this might be your best chance to kill him.

>Work on Regenerative Therapy
>Work on Genome Analysis
>Work on the Mind-Melter
>Build something (Choose a researched tech)
>Write-in
>>
>>44427383
>Work on regenerative therapy
>>
>>44427383
Work on regenerative therapy

This could go oh so wrong but it'll be good for us.
>>
>>44427383
>>
>>44427383
Getting back on our feet should be our first priority.
>>
>>44427383
Also, HYPE

>>44427493
Kek. Can we say this?
>>
>>44427446
>>44427466
>>44427475
>>44427493
Okay, need a 1d100+20.

>>44427526
Hey silver, how ya doin'?
>>
Rolled 14 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44427564
>>
Rolled 1 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44427564
>>
>>44427564
Pretty good, you?
>>
>>44427581
I LOST MY LEGS IN THAT DAMN, SENSELESS WAR...
THE WAR ON LEGS...
>>
Rolled 16 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44427581
WELP

THAT FUCKING HAPPENED
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44427580
>>44427581
>>44427602
Well, off to a good start. Give me another 1d100+20.
>>
I think the dice just hate us
>>
Rolled 21 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44427624
DICE GODS ACCEPT MY OFFERING OF SPERM
>>
Rolled 24, 42, 96, 6, 75, 23, 38, 8, 21, 54, 64, 55, 93, 18, 17, 71, 40, 24, 92, 92, 15, 45, 49, 84, 1 = 1147 (25d100)

Resetting
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44427624
>>
Rolled 9 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44427624
>>
>>44427636
>>44427689
>>44427748
Okay, writing.
>>
>>44427759
I don't think my sperm was satisfactory.
>>
>>44427689
interesting
>>
My tits quiver in apprehension.
>>
File: IT'S ALIIIIIVE.jpg (61 KB, 1000x778) Image search: [Google]
IT'S ALIIIIIVE.jpg
61 KB, 1000x778
You should try to get back on your feet as quickly as possible, so that Immortal idea should be great for fixing yourself up. If it works that is. You set to work on making a bath of Biomeld and a container to hold it, and end up with what looks like a large pod hooked up to an oxygen tank with a mask inside the pod. It would theoretically allow the occupant's cells to multiply at an increased rate, similar to certain cancers, but without any side effects. You fill the pod with Biomeld and decide to perform a dry run, flicking the switch to release the excess nutrients into the pod. The transparent yellow goo begins to change to orange, and then a reddish glowing hue.

Suddenly you rush to the shelf filled with tanks and grab the one filled with liquid nitrogen and a nozzle. Turning around and frantically looking at the pod, you see that the goop has started to move and seems to be trying to escape. Not even thinking about it, you disconnect the oxygen tank and plug in the liquid nitrogen. The gel starts to turn a cyan color, then it stops moving, but you feel like this may be a temporary solution.

You run your hand through your hair in relief and shock, trying to get rid of a wild cowlick in it, and think about what to do, and if you created life. This is a shocking development, but how did you know that this would happen? It was like you just reflexively knew something was wrong.

>Press the call button on the door
>Flush the pod
>Run some tests on the ooze
>Write-in
>>
>>44428054
>Press the call button on the door.
>"I might have accidentally crossed a scientific boundary man was not meant to cross. Again."
>>
>>44428054
A good first test is seeing how it looks under a microscope, in some nutrient cultures, and how it interacts with bacteria and more complex cells or viruses,
>>
>>44428054
>Press the call button on the door
aaah Joe we've got a problem here....
>>
>>44428098
Fuck that. The Liquid nitrogen is a temporary fix. We need more hardware than we have now to properly contain it.
>>
>>44428124
Don't be a chicken, what's the worst that could happen?
EAT IT.
>>
>>44428075
>>44428098
>>44428116
I'll take both. Writing
>>
File: orangedawn.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
orangedawn.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>44428054
Our fails are completely hilarious.

Watch out America. The goo is coming.
>>
File: Why does he wear the mask.png (179 KB, 265x376) Image search: [Google]
Why does he wear the mask.png
179 KB, 265x376
You walk over to the call button on the door and press it in, causing another intercom to blare to life. You lean into the reciever and nervously rub the back of your head.

"Hey Joe, I might have accidentally crossed a scientific boundary man was not meant to cross. Again." You hear a sigh from the intercom.

"Should I send a defusal unit? Or did you create a monster?" He has a sort of sarcasm in his voice.

"The second one." The intercom shuts off.

Figuring that means that he's sending someone, you start testing the creature, mostly composition. It seems to be an odd sort of bacterium that grew in the pod before you used it, already strangely divergent in biology, maybe you didn't disinfect the pod enough. The strange thing is that it seems to bond to certain forms of matter and incorporate them into its biology, which is why it changed red over time in oxygen, but cyan in nitrogen. The Biomeld has also managed to be incorporated, and you shudder to think about what would happened if it engulfed someone, as the Biomeld would graft the two at a cellular level.

A team of mechanics in orange jumpsuits flanked by two large men in armor and holding high-powered guns open the door. They look at you incredulously, then the mechanics start placing a few odd patches on the pod, then press a button. The patches start spreading out and exentually are left as a thin, clear enamel on the pod.

"The pod is secured, if anything goes wrong, press this button on the remote. It will incinerate the experiment with the thermite charges in the coating." The technician points to a button on a remote that he hands you. The team of mechanics leave, but the two armored sentries stand on either side of the door. Probably for your "protection".

>Run a test on it (What exactly?)
>BURN IT DOWN
>Try pumping different gasses into it
>Write-in
>>
>>44428543
>>Run a test on it (What exactly?)
... do we have any Cairnsium on us....?
>>
>>44428543
>>44428614
I love this idea. Ask for some.
>>
>>44428543
>Extract several smaller samples, place them in vials and leave those vials in some Liquid N.
>First experiment, various elements. Specifically carbon, since Carbon is the 'organic' element specifically because of how well it bonds to other things. Take precautions in case the material goes airborne or gains consciousness.
>After seeing the effects of various elements on your varied samples, introduce some of your own blood to the material and see what happens. Alert the guards and have them stand by to blow it to hell the moment you say it's going wrong.

After that, we can put the rest away, print off our findings, and go through the data.
>>
>>44428670

Supporting this, well thought through and overall quite scientific approach. After we see what these test produce then go for >>44428614 idea. I do think we should hold off just tossing the most powerful energy source yet created until we know exactly what were dealing with.
>>
>>44428614
maybe....
Maybe we haven't gone far enough.
>>
>>44428614
Oh jesus fuck.

...alright, but ask for a place where you can immediately EXTERMINATUS if it starts going wrong.

Slimegirl waifu soon?
>>
>>44428614
>>44428625
>>44428714
>>44428715
Okay. Writing

>spoiler
Thomas must have gone off the deep end after losing Jeana.
>>
>>44428740
The biogel blends with our cells and creates a slime version of us with memories. After we kill it, we request some of Jeana's preserved cells and create a slimefu.
>>
>>44428740
We haven't gone far enough, we shall master life and death itself.

There's no stopping Cairn now, we're already playing god.
>>
>>44428740
We ARE doing the scientific approach as well, right?
>>
>>44428846
I'm writing it because the one that won doesn't go very far.
>>
>>44428858
Good man.
>>
This is amazing.
Most interesting quest thread episode i've had the pleasure of reading in a while.
>>
File: Cairnsium.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2560) Image search: [Google]
Cairnsium.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2560
You go over to the call button and press it in, "Joe, could I get some Cairnsium?" You hear a cough as if he choked on some coffee.

"No."

"But I want to run a t-"

"No. Testing is not throwing shit at a wall and hoping it does something cool."

"If you don't get me some, you and I both know I can make some. I invented the stuff Joe." You hear what sounds like a voice in the background, but you can't make out what it's saying.

"Fine. Give me a day. The Quartermaster will take some convincing."

You take a tap to the pod's safe-connect drain, a precaution originally for draining the pod if something goes wrong, and collect samlples in airtight vials. You then set up some apparati to test materials in a safe environment, and place each sample in with one element and record. After some long examination, you see that for the most part that the higher an element's electronegativity is, the more sedate the gel becomes, with one notable exception. When carbon is introduced to a sample, it starts developing more traditionally complicated cellular structures and even shows evidence of similarities to macrocellular organisms.

You decide that you should go for broke and set up a final test, alerting the guards first. You place your blood in the container and release the gel. It seems to slowly slide towards the vial and suddenly envelops it, then sits still. It starts changing from cyan to a greenish red color, then you start seeing what look like sparks of blue in the gel. The gel then grows abut ten times it's size and settles down.

One of the guards had what looked like a flamethrower ready, and the other was holding a grenade in anticipation of action. The gel in the container seems to be acting rather aggresively.

>Put the container in the incinerator
>TEST (How?)
>Actually work on Regenerative Therapy again
>Write-in

>>44429011
Thank you.
>>
>>44429088
>Poke it with a stick.
>>
>>44429088
>TEST (How?)
Let's create a electronegativity beam to radiate it while feeding it some kinda carbon.....for science of course.
>>
>>44429088
And then
Until we get our hands on some Cairnsuim tomorrow.
>>
>>44429185
Electronegativity is a measure of an element's resistance to losing an electron. Basically it's how unreactive it is.
>>
>>44429088
>Ask the two guys to put it in the incinerator. You're not going anywhere near that shit.
>>
>>44429088
I dub this glob Tom jr.
>>44429229
Great, can we make it into a ray?
>>
>>44429229
Ooooh. Can we dump some Neon on it, since it's a noble gas?
>>
>>44429214
>>44429237
I'll take this as the most voted option. Writing.
>>
>>44429277
It made it very sedate. Like, almost unresponsive.
>>
>>44429237
>>44429214
well that's just boring
>>44429294
Could we have made some Fluorine here to gas it with?
>>
>>44429294
I meant on the one we put with our blood.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (346 KB, 496x560) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
346 KB, 496x560
>>44429088
>Test

>add proteins, carbon, DNA from algae

Time to make tissue and work our way up.
>>
>>44429088
I've got it.

We'll call it primordial gel.
>>
>>44429344

Seems accurate, we are recording all of these efforts and tests right?
>>
>>44429088

Keep the rest of the samples under restraint with some Noble gasses

Ask if we can speak with RON
>>
>>44429344
Evogel seems better to me.
>>
>>44429404
A different one for each container, with Mr. Flamethrower standing by in case the sedatives stop working.
>>
>>44429088
>"No. Testing is not throwing shit at a wall and hoping it does something cool."
Wrong. That's EXACTLY what testing is.
>>
File: Crack.jpg (350 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Crack.jpg
350 KB, 1280x1280
You look over at the armored guys and wave them over. They put away their weapons and thump over to you all the while eyeing the blob in the container. They seem a little apprehensive to your methods.

"Please put this in the incinerator, it makes me uncomfortable. My legs are sore, don't want to push it more than I already have today." They edge towards the box and pick it up, then toss it in the high-powered furnace for this exact purpose. Suddenly, a speaker roars to life.

"Mr. Cairn, you are currently going to be suspended to your room as physical therapy will take place in there. Do not be alarmed, as we have managed to fill one of your requests." The voice is that of a woman, but with a sort of drawl to her voice. Maybe you're in the South? You put the samples and pod under sedation with neon gas and tell the guards to watch them.

The door opens and a row of green lights leads you back to your room, noticing that all other doors are blocked by similar guards. The door to your room opens and sitting in your chair is Joe. He seems to be holding a small remote and looking at a screen. He turns towards you and gives a grim smile.

"Well, I got what I could and you did say that you wanted to see her, not meet her, but here you go." He hands you the remote and look at the screen. It shows your Mom's house as she sits at the couch watching TV.

>"How do I know that this isn't pre-recorded?"
>"This wasn't what I wanted."
>"Can I go back to experimenting now?"
>Write-in
>>
>>44429628
"Your sense of humor is worse than mine."
>>
>>44429628
>Joe, buddy, I wanted to have a conversation with her not watch her via hidden camera. I appreciate the effort, but spying on my mom like this is just creepy.
>>
>>44429628
So now your spying? How are you not the bad guys? This is bullshit you assholes.

Hey lost.
>>
>>44429628
>Write-in
.....who the fuck gives us a recourding of our mother, and not a phone call? The fuck?

This is really making me think they're lying to us and got captured by some kinda organization.

Anyway apparently we have to go to Physical Therapy.
>>
>>44429658
>>44429671
>>44429696
>>44429720
Okay, Writing.
>>
File: Shit man.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Shit man.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
"How is this not the creepiest thing for you?"

"Thomas, we have cameras in her house because it appeared that the people you loved were getting killed by Menace, so it's a safety precaution. Second, this was the best that I could get from the guys up top, if it were up to me, you'd have a phonecall. Be happy I could get this after what you just did in the lab." He seems at least a bit offended, but fuck that, he's spying on Mom.

"Joe, I have my doubts as to the legitimacy of this organization. How do I know you're not some villain group that's playing me for a fool? So far this all looks like bullshit."

"I don't think I can prove that to you, I have a badge, but you don't have anything to compare it against so it wouldn't convince you. I could show you the bill that created the FSA, but that could be fake, so it's not proof. I'm going to level with you Thomas, you've been kind of a dick considering that if it weren't for us, you'd be dead. We provided lab space, room and board, hell we spent over a million dollars fixing your legs. I can't prove that we aren't some shady group, but you don't have to do anything for us. We did this because of your value to the American technological and business world, and all precautions taken against Menace were merely because we figured you'd appreciate it." He's visibly mad now, practically fuming. He slams the chair into the desk and the clang reverberates around the room. He leaves the room and you look on your tablet, which holds a new program, supposedly to guide you through physical therapy.

>Activate the white noise generator
>Begin therapy
>Try to go back to the lab
>Write-in
>>
>>44430122
Comment out loud how joe has fucking anger issues. Anyone in our position would have these perfectly reasonable suspicions and requests. Take anger management, joe.

Begin therapy.
>>
>>44430122
>>Begin therapy
>>
>>44430122

Just say into the room "You know being in a coma for 2 and a half years and finding out that someone you love is dead doesn't lead to happy good fun times."

>Begin therapy

Don't use the white noise generator yet, its kind of our trump card, of course they might know that we already have messed with the clock but they haven't removed it so there is a chance they didn't notice
>>
>>44430166
support

Man Joe needs to take it easy. Like Seriously man, don't you know we're the definition of a Mad scientist?
>>
>>44430122
Try to go back to the lab. That is my pyshical therapy. And fuck toy too joe.
>>
>>44430122
>And you are giving me very little to go on. but I am thankful for the legs. Which is why once I finish the Regenerative Gel, I'm going to give you the recipe, regardless of if you're trustworthy.
>>
>>44430175
>>44430181
>>44430166
>>44430199
>>44430197
Okay, Writing after lunch.
>>
can we break out now
>>
>>44430428
No, fuck off. We need our legs. Then we'll make a transmitter to connect to RON.

We'll make it from paperclips.
>>
>>44430507
ok after we fix our legs an make a transmitter to contact RON then we leave
>>
>>44430569

Probably, I want to see how this plays out, they have acquiesced to our requests and seem to be invested in making sure we are healed. But they are a government agency so there's that
>>
>>44430569
We need to wait.

Also start writting our experiment notes in code while we try figure out the healing gel stuff.
>>
I need 1d100-5 please.
>>
Rolled 41 - 5 (1d100 - 5)

>>44430785
>>
Rolled 7 - 5 (1d100 - 5)

>>44430785
>>
Rolled 29 - 5 (1d100 - 5)

>>44430785
>>
>>44430805
>>44430816
>>44430826
At least it wasn't a critfail. Writing now.
>>
anyone else notice that since Japmoot took over the rolls have been shit
>>
>>44430880

Perhaps he hasn't been making the necessary sacrifices to the Dice Gods that moot did
>>
>>44430909
does that mean we have to double the amount of sacrifices now
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>44430785
>>44430805
>>44430816
>>44430826
These rolls are just abysmal, just -why- do we keep rolling so poorly?
>>
>>44430959
Sads bout Jeana.
>>
>>44430948

Yeah looks like it. Otherwise we're going to accidentally turn into a villain. Not that we'll think we're a villain but everyone else will because every time we try to help we just fuck up more
>>
File: The miracles of science!.gif (3 MB, 360x205) Image search: [Google]
The miracles of science!.gif
3 MB, 360x205
You decide to get on the physical therapy right away and find that it's actually really hard to get more than a bit of coordination in your legs for anything but walking. You do a few stretches and are immediately struck by immense pain up your spine, curious, you try to find anymore machinery in the room. This reveals that they used a Nervejack on your legs to get them working, lots of them actually. You decide that you don't really need much feeling in your legs anyway and turn off the pain response circuit. Your legs immediately go numb, so you're going to have to be careful about not getting too crazy.

>Three hours later

The nurse finishes up closing your stitches again, scolding you about messing with the tech in your body. Apparently legs aren't supposed to work the ways you made them and you ended up ripping the stitches. She sprays what you recognize as SPINR bots on your leg and the wounds close up. They aren't perfect though, this definitely isn't speeding up the healing process. Maybe science is the way to fix this, because otherwise the therapy is insane.

>Strength is now set as -5
>You are now Judo (Novice)

>Go back to messing with the ooze
>Go back to working on Regen Therapy
>Fuck this, bring me my Nano-legs
>Try the therapy again
>Write-in
>>
>>44431097
>>Go back to working on Regen Therapy
i hope we do better
>>
>>44431097
>>
>>44431097
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44431097
Use the power of edgyness to come up with something
>>
>>44431097

One more shot before I go with the Fuck It option
>>
>>44431097
>>
>>44431189
You really do not want to go the cybernetics route unless there is no other option.
Leastways without it being advanced enough to replicate and simulate natural biology to some degree. No one wants to have to jam their ass with batterys every 12hours or be unable to move. Not to mention what a pain magnets would become.
>>
>>44431097
Really wish we'd go "The flesh is weak" route but having to go as far as designing a new urinary tract suggest losing our family jewels when we have no kids yet so...
>>
>>44431138
>>44431139
>>44431155
>>44431157
>>44431189
>>44431232
>>44431260
Okay guys,roll me 1d100+20
>>
Rolled 76 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
>>
Rolled 55 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
Bless me based science negro
>>
Rolled 72 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
>>
Rolled 97 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
>>
Rolled 43 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
Ere we go
>>
Rolled 98 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431270
Do we get bonus's for continuous focus on one topic?
>>
>>44431296
fuck me i was late
>>
File: 1438723199807.jpg (10 KB, 171x176) Image search: [Google]
1438723199807.jpg
10 KB, 171x176
>>44431289
>>44431283
>>44431280
>>44431296
>>44431304
Jesus fuck, why?
On one hand, we pass (probably)
on the other... WHY HAS GOD FORSAKEN US?
>>
>>44431280
>>44431283
>>44431289
Okay that's pretty g-

>>44431296
>>44431304
Uh. Sorry.

Writing.
>>
>>44431322
you can fudge just one

we would think your cool
>>
>>44431350

While were at it you want to do some weeds? We would think you're cool
>>
>>44431314
Wait, why are high rolls bad
Am nub
Pls explain to nub
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44431384
They are good, it's just we missed two criticals (97 and 98) which would've been great.

Fun fact: This quest uses roll over (high good), but some quests do use roll under (low good) specially for the d100
>>
>>44431405
Oh, okay.
Thanks for explaining to nub.
>>
File: Dr. Genesis.jpg (155 KB, 985x977) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Genesis.jpg
155 KB, 985x977
You walk your way over to the lab, sore from the nurse turning the pain circuit back on. Luckily the door was still unlocked. You eneter the lab and behold a truly hilarious sight. Surrounding the pod and samples are landmines and what look like a huge amount of C4. Sitting on the table is a remote with a note on it that says "Please ask for assistance before experimenting on the freaky jello mold." Luckily the lab is very large so you set up in another corner. This time you run the pod through bleach, UV light, and repeat 5 times. You then place it in a sterile room off to the side and vent any contaminants.

You flick the switch, this time prepared to gas it if the same happens, and the Biomeld turns a light green as the nutrients are added. Upon investigation, all appears to be running at the set parameters, so you call it a success. Though, you probably shouldn't test it on yourself. The lab had a few rats in it when you got it, so you decide that would work.

Designing the oxygen system to fit on the rat was difficult, but it worked. To test it out and because you're a bit iffy on hurting the rat, you make a small cut on the rat's side, just enough to make it bleed. You stop the bleeding but leave the cut there, then sterilize the rat and yourself. Placing the rat in the pod, it struggles a bit, but eventually it's in. You flick the switch and...

The cut on it's side knits itself closed over the next half hour.

>Thoroughly test this
>Press the call button
>Use it right now
>Write-in
>>
>>44431722
>>Thoroughly test this
then
>>Use it right now
>>
>>44431722
>Thoroughly test this
>>
>>44431722
>Press the call button.
>Tell him we're gonna fix our legs now, and have them monitor us and let us out once the process is complete.
>>
>>44431722
>>Thoroughly test this
>>
>>44431722
>>Thoroughly test this
organs, nerve, and bone damage
fresh, healed, over old,
>>
>>44431760
no they might try and take it from us
>>
>>44431722
Test the rat for cancer, and ask for a larger mammal to test it on.
>>
>>44431722
>Thoroughly test this

Never get into the experiment yourself until you know EVERYTHING that will happen.

Monitor the rat.
>>
>>44431722
Oh some addenda:
Try having the rat "exercise" while being subjected to forced regeneration.

Also test the cellular division limit to see if it has any ill effects on that.
>>
Rolled 44, 9 = 53 (2d100)

>>44431739
>>44431757
>>44431782
>>44431789
>>44431815
>>44431843
Okay, roll 1d100+20
>>
Rolled 1 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431941
>>
File: 1443138624980.jpg (21 KB, 306x290) Image search: [Google]
1443138624980.jpg
21 KB, 306x290
Rolled 60 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431941
fug

>>44431954
Oh just fucking what???
>>
>>44431954
mother fuck quit rolling
>>
Rolled 94 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431941
>>
Rolled 2 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431941
LET'S DO THI-
>>44431954
I'm...im done now
>>
Rolled 11 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44431941
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44431954
>>44431941
We make mutant ninja rats

>>44431988
>by one
Fate points pls

>>44432001
>i am done
>2

Game over
>>
File: 1446001185388.jpg (55 KB, 596x667) Image search: [Google]
1446001185388.jpg
55 KB, 596x667
Rolled 42 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44432012
>>44432001
>>44431988
>>44431954
>>
>>44431954
>>44431988
>>44431959
I'll count the 94 as a crit due to circumstances surrounding Tom's mental state. That cancels leaving 60 as the only roll. Writing.

>>44432001
>>44432012
What the fuck?!
>>
File: 1444093948600.jpg (52 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1444093948600.jpg
52 KB, 540x720
>>44432038
I know this is a one time thing, but thanks. Too much suffering in one place already.
>>
>>44432038
THANK YOU BASED COWBOY
>>
>>44432038
Thank you based Cowboy
>>
You decide to test the rat after the treatment and find that it shows some signs of muscular atrophy, as well as the telltale signs of macular degeneration when its eyes are examined. After two hours, the rat seems to have developed Albinism, but that probably has to do with a genetic mix-up in cell division. It's rather harmless, but you could see that being a problem for people with a family history of genetic diseases. After asking to test a cat, you gather valuable data on what exactly is happening. It seems that the softer tissues of the eyes are negatively effected by the mixture, and amending the problem with goggles stops macular degeneration problems.

After more intensive tests performed over the next two days (still no Cairnsium) you figure out a way to stop atrophy also. It seems that when placed on a treadmill during the procedure, the muscles do not experience any atrophy. Of course, there do seem to be some odd factors presenting themselves after treatment. About two hours after treatment, the animals develop some sort of trait that they didn't have before. The cat became calico, the rat became albino, and a horse that they let you test changed from chestnut brown to blonde.

You have also calculated the exact rate at which tissue regenerates, fast enough that fixing your legs would take 2 hours. But no other humans have been tested, meaning that this could be dangerous.

>Do it now
>Attempt to figure out the genotype problem
>Test more (Takes a lot of time)
>Check on that Cairnsium request
>Write-in
>>
>>44432297
>>
>>44432297
>Do it now
>>
>>44432297
>>Attempt to figure out the genotype problem
>>Test more (Takes a lot of time)
more SCIENCE
>>
>>44432297
>>
>>44432297
>>
>>44432297
>>
>>44432297
>>
>>44432297
It is fantastically unlikely that humans will be unique in having negative effects, but its still a good idea to know exactly wtf is happening.
>>
Rolled 19, 33 = 52 (2d100)

>>44432322
>>44432333
>>44432339
>>44432341
>>44432346
>>44432358
>>44432395
Okay, last update of the thread, then tech. Roll 1d100+20
>>
>>44432395
And how cancerous it might end up being!
>>
Rolled 89 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44432469
>>
Rolled 18 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44432469
AND IT'S A 1
>>
Rolled 67 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>44432469

Okay...I'm scared.
>>
>>44432479
>>44432499
>>44432509
See! It's fine!

For now...

Writing.
>>
>>44432525
Tell us lost, you really wanted to fuck with the MC by making him look completely different didnt you?
>>
>>44432534
Lemme ask you a question. What did Thomas look like? I don't think that I've ever told anyone anything about it.
>>
File: tumblr_m65ez1j6Yn1r5w33wo1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m65ez1j6Yn1r5w33wo1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x619
>>44432534
I'd be fine with something weird coming out of it as long as he isn't unrecognizable
felt tempted to go for the albinism
>>
>>44432582
Well unless he is an albino he'd look different, so that doesn't really matter does it?
I think there was some people debating this in previous threads though, and I remember an anon's reference to dick grayson's butt for some absurd reason but that might just be my imagination.
>>
>>44432683
>and I remember an anon's reference to dick grayson's butt for some absurd reason but that might just be my imagination.
i remember that as well
>>
>>44432585
Eh, its not a good thing genetically.
>>
You set to finding out why the genotypes switch after treatment, and surprisingly it seems to be isolated to only a few genes that actually do anything. Those are linked to hair color, eye color, blood type, and a few of the genes influencing skin color. There is actually not a thing that could go catastrophically wrong at this point, but you don't feel like coming out albino, so you compensate these factors in the Biomeld programming. After some more tests, it seems to do the trick.

The clock on the wall reads 3 o'clock when you finish the final touches on the human calibrations, it shouldn't negatively affect anything in your genetics and you put on a white jumpsuit and tinted goggles. You try to smooth down your hair but it just keeps standing up, so you stop trying. The machine is set for two hours then flush, you have some music playing in the lab so you aren't too bored in there as you walk, and it seems like you're ready.

>Enter the pod
>Don't do this
>Write-in

>I lied about last update.
>>
>>44432800
>Enter the pod
>>
>>44432800
>>Enter the pod
>>
>>44432800
>I lied about last update.
>that pic
kek

>Enter the pod
Please tell me we have some german opera playing.
>>
>>44432800
>Enter the pod
>>
>>44432800
>Enter the pod

Congrats guys, we just made something that can cure cripples and amputees.
>>
>>44432894
we are so fucking awesome
>>
>>44432800
Did we remember to test if the subjects' healing was normal after the fact?
>>
>>44432832
Whatever makes ya happy anon.

>>44432923
Yes, it was.

I'm writing, it's pretty obvious what won.
>>
>>44432946
Wew, dodged a cancer bullet.
>>
File: I rolled for this, good god.gif (998 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
I rolled for this, good god.gif
998 KB, 500x266
You enter the pod in sterile clothes and put the mask on, it supplys you with fresh air as the treadmill starts slowly turning. You walk along and the pod fills with Biomeld, it feels like if your arm fell asleep but all over yoour body, and the nutrients filter in. You can feel the cuts and gouges along your back and head start to seal up in the muscles, it tingles a bit. This continues over the course of the next two hours, slowly working its way down your back and eventually to your legs. The healing slows down at your legs, but that was anticipated.

The pod drains after two hours and you take the mask off, surveying your body. Other than a few staples and stitches still in, you have made a full recovery. As a matter of fact, you feel more alive than you have in years. You can't place your finger on it, but you feel a lot less restrained. You feel so happy, you start laughing, only to realize that it came out a bit louder than you realized. You clean yourself up and check your genetics to be safe, it seems that only a few non-expressive bits of genes were changed in any way. You stretch your arms a bit and end up kneeing the desk. A coffee mug falls off the table and without thinking you grab it. The world moves in slow motion and you realize the coffee is spilling out. Instinctively, you flip the cup to catch the liquid, and end up saving your coffee.

What just happened?

>Thread 19 Story End

>You have unintentionally altered your super-genome! This resulted in an increased reaction time.
>Your Strength and Judo have been restored!
>There may be some slight changes in other aspects of your powers, but those haven't come up yet.
>You got 2 tech points for participation!

>Tech next post
>>
File: neutrinos.jpg (16 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
neutrinos.jpg
16 KB, 243x207
Choose two trees to pick from. $ means that it costs money to make. ! means that there are risks involved.

>AI $
>Armor $
>Beam
>Biology
>Business $
>NanoTech
>Power !
>Artificial Supers

NOTICE: All costs will be waived to simply research, but the cost will be paid upon exit from the FSA
>>
>>44433334
>NanoTech
>Biology
>>
>>44433334
>>AI $
>>Armor $

OMG we made our self a super soldier
>>
>>44433334
>Power !
>>
>>44433334
>Biology
>NanoTech

And so we slip farther from shedding the weakness of the flesh.
>>
>>44433334
>NanoTech
>Artificial Supers
>>
>Power !
>Artificial Supers
>>
Vote Cutoff.
>>
>>44433334

>Nanotech
>Biology

Apparently we're good at this organic stuff, let's keep at it
>>
Nanotech is definite. Tiebreaker between Bio and Artificial Supers. FD vote.

1: Biology
2: Supers

Link this post and type only the number you want, all other votes will be discarded.
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
>>44433554
>>
Vote Cutoff.
>>
File: Hyper-Processors.jpg (60 KB, 459x350) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Processors.jpg
60 KB, 459x350
>>44433565
>>44433579
>>44433584
>>44433601
>>44433613
>>44433614
Bio has it.

NanoTech Tree:

>Cicadas: Trackable nanomachines, transmit a signal through ultra-high frequencies

>Bend Maneuver: The nanomachines use joints cohesively to flex their structures in constructs, allowing flexibility

>WASP Bots: Short for Whyte Adaptive Super-Polymer, Using a compound developed by a co-founder of Grey Inc. these nanomachines can mend breaks in surfaces, similarly to wasps secreting wood fiber to make nests

Biology Tree:

>Gene Therapy: Using Bio-Meld and some techniques from Grandpa, Gene Therapy can be made practical and safe.

>Bio-Electricity: Research Bio-Electricity for use in future tech.

>Genome Insertion Refining: Maybe Bio-Meld could allow splicing of multiple genomes?
>>
>>44433632

Awesome, I just didn't want the FSA to have any sort of research on creating supers. They can have the nice medical technology (which to be honest we just made bacta tanks and they should be GRATEFUL) and leave the horrible decision of giving people super powers to us. We've obviously done so well so far
>>
>>44433671
>>WASP Bots: Short for Whyte Adaptive Super-Polymer, Using a compound developed by a co-founder of Grey Inc. these nanomachines can mend breaks in surfaces, similarly to wasps secreting wood fiber to make nests

>Gene Therapy: Using Bio-Meld and some techniques from Grandpa, Gene Therapy can be made practical and safe.
>>
>>44433671
>>WASP Bots: Short for Whyte Adaptive Super-Polymer, Using a compound developed by a co-founder of Grey Inc. these nanomachines can mend breaks in surfaces, similarly to wasps secreting wood fiber to make nests

>Genome Insertion Refining: Maybe Bio-Meld could allow splicing of multiple genomes?

Can we make catgirls with this?
>>
>>44433671
>WASP Bots: Short for Whyte Adaptive Super-Polymer, Using a compound developed by a co-founder of Grey Inc. these nanomachines can mend breaks in surfaces, similarly to wasps secreting wood fiber to make nests

>>
>>44433671
>WASP bots
>Gene Therapy
>>
>>44433671
>WASP Bots
>Gene Therapy
>>
>>44433671
>>
Vote Cutoff.
>>
WASP and Gene Therapy win out.

>>44433690
Probably not in the way you think of them, but yes.

>Thread 19 END! Twitter is @xLostCowboyx. I will update when I'm doing my next thread there. Any feedback, especially from new players is appreciated.
>>
>>44433893
>Probably not in the way you think of them, but yes.
50%?
>>
>>44433893
Thanks for running Lost, today was a pretty good run, we got to SCIENCE stuff up, heal.

Just wondering if that weird goo shit will remember our blood heh
>>
>>44433906
No, imagine an actual cross between a cat and a human. It is significantly less attractive, at least to me.

>>44433911
What other Secrets could the Ooze hold?
>>
>>44433952
.... tempted to try and proceed with the mad scientist bullshit... buuut coupling it with gene-therapy and focusing on maybe some primarily cosmetic and compatible changes could make for one hell of a designer 'surgery' market....
>>
>>44433952
No, imagine an actual cross between a cat and a human.
Like I said a 50% aka a furry.

>>44433987
good idea.
>>
>>44433952
>What other Secrets could the Ooze hold?
apotheosis?
>>
>>44433999
The changes implicit to skeletal structure and sensory anatomy alone would cause immense pain and probably result in tearing of skin. It is possible, but it would not be pretty.

>>44434002
It's not impossible.

>>44433987
Definitely more possible.
>>
>>44434058
Potentially "correcting" some of the "Mistakes" evolution made getting us to this position.... but that's more mad scientist bullshit to maybe run with later.

Thanks for running, Lost.
>>
>>44434058
What about gene-splicing specific qualities of different humans or animals?
Such as a gene to produce a specific protein or a set to make your muscles denser or your bones tougher.
>>
>>44434099
Let's be honest, I don't think anyone will be upset if we remove the Appendix.
>>
>>44434111
That was my gene therapy suggestion that he said was more possible, yes.
>>
>>44434058
What about symbiotic slimes that give passive effects while they replace your blood?
>>
>>44434253
>replace your blood
That is pretty fucking horrifying
>>
>>44434299
If you think about it, is blood any less horrifying?
>>
>>44434299
>We roll a 1 and accidentally a monster.
>>
>>44434343
>>44434341
Second anon has it right.
Imagine your blood trying to kill you?
Sure, super blood is cool as is telepathically controlled and regenerative blood but it seems scary and dangerous...
>>
>>44434253
Who said they were symbiotic?
>>
>>44434446
Well, they aren't right now, but we can fix that.

Right?
>>
>>44434578
There are only so many laws of nature we can break before activists start hammering down our door....
>>
File: I dunno.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
I dunno.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>44434578
>Pic related

>>44434604
Well, there's a certain leniency that being presumed dead gives you.
>>
>>44434625
True, but I want to make a Pandora Jar. We contact RON and Fibin, have them wire us money, and we start making shit in our lab with no oversight whatsoever.

We'll call it our 'Vacation Time'
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.