[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/: Star Wars General: Kyle Katarn Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Kyle.jpg (207 KB, 738x1081) Image search: [Google]
Kyle.jpg
207 KB, 738x1081
Post about X-Wing, Armada, Kyle Katarn, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, Kyle Katarn, shows, books, comics, Kyle Katarn, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Kyle Katarn related.

Previous Thread: >>44413885

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
>>
File: 465151616161.jpg (33 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
465151616161.jpg
33 KB, 640x478
>>44427059

Raven's Claw X-wing mini when?
>>
>>44427059
That is an incredibly uninspired thread starter.
>>
>>44427091

Who would the pilots be? Kyle, Jan, Jaden Korr maybe?
>>
Helping Starviper anon:>>44426722

See post:
>>44427085
>>
File: EVEN DIO.jpg (130 KB, 500x695) Image search: [Google]
EVEN DIO.jpg
130 KB, 500x695
REEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!
>>
>>44427059
So let's say I wanted to get into Armada because I have a fetish for fleet actions and drowning people in TIE squadrons.

How does this list look?
http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5323

Could I drop a Raider for even more TIEs? Will the rules of Armada screw me over?
>>
>>44427222
Thanks anon. Guri's reaction on bodyguard always relevant.
>>
>>44427456
No problem.

On a side note, despite Bodyguard being made for Guri, I have never had a situation where it's been a good pick for her. Guri and Xizor don't blend well together in one list, and Guri's much too expensive to be a support ship for someone else like Talonbane.
>>
>>44427059
A question for the FFG RPG folks. I'm planning on running a FaD game set during the SWToR period at some point. What stats would you recommend for a Sith Pureblood PC?
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 194x300
>>44427520
I noticed that when building the list. Why would I want to use 30+ points to soak damage for Xizor or boost someone else's evade?

Now on Leeachos with Palob nearby, that was a different story.
>>
Is there any way to make four TIE/fo work in a squad?
>>
>>44427628
Yeah, Leachos has been about the best use of Bodyguard. 17pts for what he does isn't shabby. Guri though, Predator and Outmaneuver have worked the best on her. Vet Instincts is a waste unless you absolutely need to go before IGs, and Push the Limit doesn't work well with Starviper's limited greens.
>>
>>44427266
>http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5323

drop the raiders entirely, they simply pop too easily, for the points get a pair of Vic 1s with expnaded hangers, the rest of the points sink inot more fighter squadrons, interceptors are good, you could think about putting darth vader out ther in a tie advanced squadron, or dengar in punishing one wich gies counnter 1 to everybody nearby, but dont overlook regular ties if you outnumber his squadrons two to one you canswarm him under
>>
So, the pistol Han gives Rey has surpassed Deckard's gun in my mind as the sexiest sci-fi weapon in cinema. Sorry it's not game-related, just thought others might agree.
>>
What Forms will Finn end up using?
>>
>>44428202

It looked like an e-cig vaporizer with a gun handle, at best.

or an old sony handicam with handle and barrel.
>>
>>44428221
Wheelie form
>>
>>44428221
He won't show up again until episode 9.
>>
>>44427663

This one might work. Comm Relay and Juke on Omega Pilots seems like it could be really good. Especially for Omega Leader.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!187:152,153:-1:2:;179:18,153:-1:-1:;182:152,153:-1:-1:;182:152,153:-1:-1:
>>
>>44428221
I just kinda hope Rey will use a saberstaff.
>>
The Force Awakens sourcebook when?
>>
>>44427264
>Even Dio
What about Odd Dio?
>>44428221
He don't want no trable.
>>
>>44428202
I do really like the shape, and as a pistol it's definitely sexy. Still second to Deckard's gun, though, in cinema and still second to a cut-down Bryar rifle in Star Wars, though. Loved the cut-down Fallout Sniper-esque blasters sported by the pirates who boarded Han's freighter as well.
>>
>>44428388

Maybe we'll see some of them in Scum and Villainy for X-Wing? Though we never saw their ships...
>>
>>44428382
>What about Odd Dio?
It was a reference to the 'Even Speedwagon is afraid!' meme.

>He don't want no trable.
You know, I would not be surprised in the slightest if he used a mop at some point.
>>
>>44428163
How's this?

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5330
>>
>>44428234
It looked like a kilo and a half of chrome-plated sex and death, is what you meant to say.
>>
File: e57f163.jpg (106 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
e57f163.jpg
106 KB, 800x450
>>44428407

We did see their ship on one of the external camera monitors. It looked fairly generic, like a flat rectangular blade with two engines on either side at the stern.
>>
>>44428485

That's the crappy freighter, not the pirates, though.

I can imagine the thing would be at least the size or a Corvette if they made it, though. Pirate Huge Ship when, FFG?
>>
>>44428485

>finally i got my ship back that is 1/10th the size!

>now i can haul barely any cargo!

This doesn't make any sense. Lando probably had the falcon for longer than han did.
>>
File: MeditationChamber-ESB.png (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
MeditationChamber-ESB.png
2 MB, 1920x816
To the guy last thread saying Episode I didn't receive overall positive reviews directly after it came out, keep in mind Ebert gave it 3.5 stars out of 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Phantom_Menace#Critical_reception

>Looking at the big picture, in spite of all its flaws, The Phantom Menace is still among the best "bang for a buck" fun that can be had in a movie theater. It isn't as fresh as the original Star Wars nor does it have the thematic richness and narrative complexity of The Empire Strikes Back, but it is a distinct improvement over Return of the Jedi.

http://www.starwars.com/news/critical-opinion-the-phantom-menace-original-reviews

>Star Wars: Episode I–The Phantom Menace, to cite its full title, is an astonishing achievement in imaginative filmmaking. If some of the characters are less than compelling, perhaps that’s inevitable: This is the first story in the chronology and has to set up characters who (we already know) will become more interesting with the passage of time.

These are the exact same things people say about TFA right now. The exact same praises. "Sure, it's not AS good but nothing could live up to those expectations. The characters have two more films to be fleshed out, and the movie was just so much FUN!"
>>
>>44428485
Yeah. A Dunelizard, Rihkxyrk, or Krayt Gunship would all be more aesthetically interesting, though the Kihraxz probably covers the Dunelizard's obvious role.
>>
>>44428422
I'm with the other guy, it's not a particularly pretty gun. Quite the opposite really.
>>
File: KillianRanger.jpg (147 KB, 414x500) Image search: [Google]
KillianRanger.jpg
147 KB, 414x500
SWSE: Hi, i played 2 sessions years ago, now we are going to start new campain in KOTOR. We are 4/5 players, i know for sure 1 of us will be jedi. I want to play a young human guy who knows how to use the force but he is not a jedi( or a sith), have you any advices? There are too much talents and feats and i don't know what to pick. I don' t like the noble and the soldire, so im thinking to pick scoundrel or scout. I don't want a min/max build but a decent/good one.
>>
>>44428545
Han's bulk freighter was just that... Bulky and huge. His goal was (quite clearly) to make a shit ton of money on that thing. With the Falcon back, he probably wasn't expecting to be boarded by two separate pirate/bounty crews, or to have the three Cthulu /d/ monsters released inside the freighter. At that point, it's a fucking lost-cause, and best to just get the fuck out while you're not being eaten, and make off with your childhood race-car you just recovered.
>>
>>44428545
Han was all about the high risk, high reward cargo and the adrenaline that came with it-hence the spice running and doing the Kessel Run in 12 Parsecs.

Why he wouldn't just buy another YT freighter is beyond me though.
>>
>>44428414
>http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5330

Its a classic squadron (bomber) heay list backed up by three Vics, looks good to me
>>
>>44428608
The main cast of VII are far more fun to be around than I's.
>>
>>44428673
Why?
>>
>>44428485
hey, that's Ultimate Star Wars right? Someone has the PDF? I really want to read that
>>
>>44428608
>Hurr I'm citing media shills.

Give it up already, captain butthurt. Ebert's a fucking hack, and Wikipedia changes daily.

Oh wait, I already said that media publications were the only ones who were rating it highly at the time of itms release... Thanks for just reaffirming that.
>>
>>44428629
Any idea on how you want to play the character outside of force sensitive? Shooty, melee, piloty?
>>
File: 1449793594915.jpg (56 KB, 800x753) Image search: [Google]
1449793594915.jpg
56 KB, 800x753
>>44428704
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill/hack
>you're butthurt for disagreeing with me
>>
>>44428652
Probably because by the time te Falcon was stolen from him, the YT-1300 was out of production. Plus, that's a shit ton of customization him and Chewie (and Lando) put into it. Who knows how many other ships he had in between.
>>
>>44428664
So what the strategy because I don't know Armada mechanics very well.

Is it just set speed to 2 and ram the Vics down there throat while shitting out squadron and fire commands? Is it better to hang back with the Vics or get them sharing arcs with the bombers so people ave to chose who to shoot? Oh and and are the comms any good or are they just a noob crutch that I can grow out of?
>>
>>44428704
>Wikipedia changes daily

As a whole, yes. Individual articles have some pretty stringent standards and it takes a bit before a change sticks.
>>
I want to start playing a star wars rpg. Where should I start? What books, which system?, etc. I have a little bit of experience with rpgs, I just started playing 5e with some friends, any recommendations?
>>
>>44428685
Because 1's cast acted like wooden manequins, and nothing really happened during the movie. Two jedi show up, take padameme, go to Corruscant where nothing happens except Sheev being a douche, go back to the planet they just came from, and then finally have a fight. Oh, and they pick up some kid along the way, and kill off what could have been an awesome, recurring villain.
>>
>>44428783
Saga Edition if you want crunchy numbers
FFG if you want to let imagination rule and try abstract dice
>>
>>44428731
Do you seriously think Ebert is a respectable movie reviewer? What are you, stuck in the early 90's?

Also, besides citing Wikipedia, which is stupid, you(he?) cited StarWars.com. Which is like citing Games-Workshop for an article about why 40k is the best minuature game on the market.
>>
>>44428685
The dialogue is much better and the performances aren't dull or annoying. You're not about tell me that you preferred I are you? Is it because it "Avengers" dialogue, whatever the fuck that means?
>>
File: RX-24_from_1986_poster.jpg (121 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
RX-24_from_1986_poster.jpg
121 KB, 500x669
Dropping some of the more interesting Keeping the Peace stuff:
Shield Gauntlet - Brawl - +1 - Crit 5 - Engaged - ncum 1 - 0 HP - 1,500 - 8 - Deflection 2, Stun; Counts as a Lightsaber for purpose of Reflect
Sith Shield - Melee - +1 - Crit 4 - Engaged - Enc 3 - 2 HP - 10k (R) - 10 - Cortosis, Defensive 1, Deflection 2, Vicious 1; When suffering a hit, may commit Force Die as incidental, may continue to do so for further hits up to Force Rating. As an action, may do a Force Power check to uncommit all Force Dice committed this way and may deal 1 Wound and 1 Strain (each ignores Soak) to all targets in short range for each Point spent. Each point spent also gains the user 1 Conflict each.
Guard Shoto/Hilt - 5/0 - Crit 2/- - Engaged - Enc 1 - HP 3 - 9,700(R)/700 - 10/7 - (Breach 1, Sunder) Defensive 1, Deflection 2, Unwieldy 4; Illum crystal, takes up 2 HP. Crystal in guard shoto has reduced damage by 1.
Temple Guard Lightsaber Pike/Hilt - 6/0 - Crit 2/- - Engaged - Enc 2 - HP 4 - 20,000(R)/2,000 - 10/9 - (Breach 1, Sunder) Defensive 1, Linked 1, Stun 4, Unwieldy 3; Illum crystal, takes up 2 HP. Two hands to wield. Requires double attachment and mod costs and crystals modded at same time (same stuff for normal double bladed lightsaber)

>>44428783
FFG's. Buy/download from the OP one of the Beginner's Games.

>>44428312
Never, because there's barely enough content in the single movie to justify a sourcebook. If they make an era sourcebook, it'll be closer to Episode IX's release.
>>
>>44428752
Still doesn't change the fact that only media publications and children gave Phantom Menace any positive reviews.
>>
>>44428788

I bet you would think most of akira kurosawa's movies have boring wooden characters as well.

Or that peter quill doing his little retard dance was the funniest thing you've ever seen.
>>
>>44428839
Is there a scan of the splat yet?
>>
>>44428783
get one of of the FFG Beginner games, especially since it comes with a set of the specialty dice

Edge of the Empire for Smugglers and bounty hunters

Age of Rebellion for Rebels vs Empire

Force and Destiny for being Jedi and Sith

they all mix well but just pick one to see if you like the system
>>
>>44428788
Maul does end up being recurring.

>>44428783
SAGA is a d20 system which is essentially just serviceable.

D6 has ALL the splats and is a neat system.

DUnno about the FFG games but the rulebooks are way too big.
>>
>>44428729
shooty a little bit of pilot( but not THE pilot)
>>
>>44428831
He'll probably fall back on the usual "but that's just your subjective opinion".
>>
>>44428747
Han should have had enough for the equivalent of a classic muscle car. And he clearly likes tinkering on old shit.

I think Han and Leia sharing grief over an essentially dead child is one of the strengths of the film, and I can buy Leia becoming a bitter, old general seeking vengeance for Alderann and losing Ben against the remnants of the Empire. Han going back to crime but not back to cutting hyperspace routes as tight as possible or making another 'fastest ship in the galaxy' doesn't sit as soundly.
>>
>>44428876

>Dunno about the FFG games but the rulebooks are way too big

Size matters not. Each core rulebook contains player options, DM advice, a bounty of lore, a fat bestiary of adversaries and enemies, and a short adventure. They're fat on good meat, not superfluous stuff.
>>
>>44428944
I mean the file size. The AoR book is 200 megs. That's atrocious.
>>
>>44428856
Or that you have no argument, so you're resorting to strawmen. Your asian director or distaste for some Marvel movie are completely irrelevant.
>>
>>44428876
Only because someone with better sensr than Lucas finally said "Hey, let's fix this travesty in Clone Wars!"
>>
>>44428886
Both scout or scoundrel suit your needs. Scout's more of a fringer and survivalist class, with talents helping with repairs and stealth. Scoundrel talents are about piloting and luck-a more traditional rogue than the utilitarian of the scout. Scouts are tankier and gets access to evade, one of the best talents in the system, while scoundrels are set up to start as talky pilots or gunslingers. Remember multiclassing is encouraged in SAGA, so you can go back and forth or dip into classes like soldier or even jedi if you see a certain talent or feat you want.
>>
>>44428829

>look mom i'm being contrary on the internet
>>
>>44428990
Turns out that it was Lucas's idea and the writers just ran with it.
>>
>>44428831
I enjoyed the movie and agree that the performances were better. "It's better" isn't a very fleshed out response, though.

That said, I didn't like the Avengers dialogue. It feels too contemporary and like a writer from our world wrote it. It never feels natural for a character or a real person to talk like that.

When R2 tricks Luke into removing his restraining bolt, that's funny.
When Obi-wan gives Han that condescending look in response to his Kessel Run boast, that's funny.
When Han tells 3PO to let the wookie win, that's funny.
When Luke convinces Han to help him rescue Leia because "she's rich," that's funny.
When Han shoots the communicator after dropping the spaghetti, that's funny.
When Leia starts sassing Luke and Han, that's funny.
When 3PO drops his spaghetti when the stormtroopers find him, or when he thinks his friends are being crushed in the trash compactor, that's funny.

All those moments make us laugh, but they tell us more about the world, the characters, and how they interact. Avengers quipping is too witty, too quick and too stilted to do that. Have you ever seen anyone behave like that naturally?
>>
>>44427139
Could be, there's precedent now for pilots in multiple ships. 2/2/3/2, crew, torpedo slot? cheapest generic maybe a 20 at ps2? Jaden could slot in as a ps5 or 6 with kyle. He could potentially also exist as a Z-95 pilot, which would be nice to have.
>>
>>44428903
I see what you're saying. It does seem ofd that Han wouldn't just get another light freighter to pimp out. The Falcon could be like a "first car" issue. He's looking for it, for nostalgia's sake. And doesn't want just any old YT-series.
>>
>>44428839
Jedi Battle Armor - 1 Def - 2 S - 7,500 (R) - 5 Enc - 5 HP - 9 R; 2 Setback to combat checks if armor not suited to wearer, can be fitted for Hard Mechanics checks
Jedi Temple Guard Armor - 2 Def - 1 S - 12,000 (R) - 3 Enc - 2 HP - 10 R; Armored mask has in-helmet scanner and helmet commlink
Jedi Training Suit - 0 Def - 2 S - 400 (R) - 4/6 Enc - 0 HP - 9 R; Suit has built-in weights, weights may be removed for Easy Mechanics. GM's discretion, using Suit with weights may help a character develop physical fitness/adapt to high-gravity environments.
Kav-Dann Power Armor - 2 Def - 2 S - 13,500 (R) - 4 Enc - 6 HP - 7 R; Can survive for 4 hours in vacuum/unbreathable atmosphere, Boost to resist radiation effects, long range-comlink, basic visual package to remove setback from darkness/smoke/other environmental factors on Perception/Vigilance/Combat Checks. Brawn +1 when powered (doesn't boost Soak/Wounds). Powerless, enc increases to 12, loses Brawn boost and defense. 10 minutes to put on, halved when assisted.

Cutting this one short, but I'll be back in a bit to continue.

>>44428874
If there were, I'd just be linking it.
>>
>>44429049

>Han taking offense at being referred to as "scruffy-looking," when it seems like "nerf herder" was the more insulting component of that insult

Albeit, I think that was the second movie.
>>
>>44429117
Yeah, it was after Han rescued Luke on Hoth.
>>
>>44428856
The Prequels didn't channel Kurosawa at all.

In fact, that you think they did makes me think you're a reddit-tier pleb and faggot who has never seen any Kurosawa, has heard George Lucas drew from his work for the Original Trilogy, and just transposed that fact onto the Prequels because it's fashionable on le reddit to defend them right now, and name-dropping like that makes you feel smart.

Fag.
>>
>>44429095

I hope the thing gets fixed up. It was a grimy piece of junk before, now it's torn and rusting as well.
>>
>>44428608

Yeah, and Fallout 4 is a 9/10 game right?

Nobody gives a fuck about reviewers and critics.
>>
>>44429117
It was a joke. Nerf-herder was the graver insult, he was downplaying it by attending to the more innocuous half of the jab, which was made all the more humorous by the fact that Chewie is composed almost entirely of scruffiness. To ask "Who's scruffy lookin'?!" jocularly draws attention to this fact and, as has been stated above, allows Han to play it cool and downplay being yelled at by the chick he likes.

Seriously, how fucking dumb do you have to be to not get basic fucking jokes like that? Are you autistic? Do the finer components of human interaction just completely fly by you?
>>
>>44429045
That's news to me. Maybe he (finally) realized that killing off Maul in the first prequel was the biggest mistake after Jar Jar.
>>
>>44429137
How would you know what is fashionable on le reddit, if you do not also visit le reddit?
>>
>>44428992
ty mate
>>
File: 1451222333765.jpg (121 KB, 552x800) Image search: [Google]
1451222333765.jpg
121 KB, 552x800
>>44428783

Stay away form D20. They are always the worst systems.

Old WEG D6 is a pretty good system but it has flaws. It has by far the most books though.

FFG systems are generally the best but they are not for everyone since you need custom dice and talent trees feel a bit like a video game.
>>
>>44429195
But he said it was funny. What's your problem?
>>
>>44429200
Nice deflection. Good to know I was completely right in what I thought of you.
>>
>>44429138
Star Wars has always been about the good guys having worn-in, grimey stuff. But yeah, the Falcon does look worn out and justifably old.

Chewies back on it, though. So he'll probably get fixed up eventually.
>>
>>44429259
Not even the anon you were replying to. Please calm down, you're scaring the younglings.
>>
>>44429273

I'd be skeptical on a Wookie in charge of upkeep, but he does somehow manage to keep his fur immaculate.
>>
so I'm new and shitty at miniatures games in general but I'm already getting kinda hooked by X-Wing.

got a TFA core set for Christmas and my girlfriend is currently re-painting one of my T-70s (I ordered the T-70 expansion pack, comes in on Wednesday, what have I done with my life) to be black and orange/"Black Leader" so I can nerd out with Poe driving it.

questions:
- Being new and shitty I'm terrified of going to my local game shop without having at least a basic grasp of the game. I saw the pastebin for "what to buy next" but I'm thinking about getting another core set not for the ships but for the templates and dice. Is that worth it?
- Is it kosher to re-paint my T-70? Is there already a Black Leader version of the X-Wing out/coming out? Like from what I understand pilots are tied intrinsically to specific ships (Wedge can't fly a T-70), so I'm not sure it would make sense for a different Black Leader to come out because then a different Poe would have to come out too - I just wanted to make sure
- Looking at the Yet Another X-Wing Squad Builder and tinkering, I think I know what I want to put on my Poe Dameron based on the upgrades I will have access to between myself and my one friend who also bought X-Wing stuff: Push the Limit, BB-8, and Integrated Astromech. If I understand the rules correctly, Poe with PTL and BB-8 should be able to pick a green move, reveal it, barrel roll first, then get a free action (Focus probably) from PTL, gain a stress, PERFORM his green move, lose a stress, and do a different action (Boost, probably), doing three actions and at least one maneuver every turn, but likely two because Boost. If he gets in trouble he can shed the droid to get rid of a critical hit, too. Does that combo work the way I think it does? Why does everyone I see recommend "Veteran Instincts," "R5-P9," and "Autothrusters"? Doesn't that just make him tanky at the expense of moving around so much?
>>
>>44428992
Do you know some talents or feats usefull for my character?
>>
>>44429095
Yeah. He also seems to play fast and looser with his word than he used to, as well as taking cargo you can't exactly jettison at the first sign of an in system picket ship.

It's just really fucking depressing imagining Han and Chewie hanging out on a vast, empty bulk freighter that they don't even like to fly, lamenting the loss of of Ben and Leia while taking on more and more dangerous and crooked jobs hoping a screw up will bring the sweet release of death.
>>
>>44429276
>lol, not same anon!
>hurr I called everyone younglings!
>I'm only 12!
>>
>>44428410
I know what it's a reference to, I've been to the internet before. It's called making a joke.
>>44429049
Quip to quip combat works in worlds where quip to quip combat is the norm. Iron Man 1 established that this was such a world and so it fits.
Star Wars is a more measured world and the dialogue can be clunky at times but it's something you can also picture someone in the real world saying.

But, once again, Star Wars owned by Disney and Disney also owns Marvel and the Marvel movies are changing the face of cinema so we're getting Quip-O-Rama.
>>
>>44429137
It's amazing how many people will make one decent paragraph explaining their position and then in the second paragraph they just go full retard and try to act witty and insulting.
>>
File: unquestioned_authority.jpg (47 KB, 400x195) Image search: [Google]
unquestioned_authority.jpg
47 KB, 400x195
>>44429332
Calm down immediately! Do not question my authority!
>>
>>44429295
That's because he's te most fabulous motherfucking wookie in the universe!

On a side note, Chewie was awesome in the movie. It was cool to see him doing more than riding an AT-ST with some flesh-eating care-bears, or looking imposing. All the fight scenes he was in were great.
>>
Thread is now in full tantrum mode. Do not engage hostile posters.
>>
>>44429366
I'm not trying to be witty by calling someone a fag. Insulting sure, but not witty. Fag.
>>
Is it ever right to like droids?
>>
>>44429318
You know, fuckit... That despressing idea is my new headcannon. That's why they look so relieved to finally have found the fucking Falcon.
>>
>>44429049
>>44429359
Eh, Poe's quipping at the beginning of the movie felt like it fit to me.

Were there any other parts where it got too much? Would the exchange between Han and the Gangers work?
>>
>>44429398
>Not liking BB-8
I am dissapoint.
>>
>>44429375
Him losing his shit when Han died honestly affected me more than Han's actual death.

>>44429398
I'd say the droids are part of what makes Star Wars, Star Wars. When I was a kid R2 getting shot at the end of ANH made me cry.
>>
>>44429394
That was your third paragraph, well sentence fragment. Can you not count?

>>44429414
Poe's quipping reminded me too much of the "jokes" in guardians of the galaxy. All it did was remind me that the characters are never in any real danger and they both know and act like it.
>>
>>44429431
Hey, I do like the little CGI effect.

So did the theatre audience, judging by their laughs at the "thumbs-up".
>>
>>44429470
>CGI

It was a prop dumbass.
>>
>>44429366
It's more amazing how stubborn people will be, and how in their frustration will make argument fallacies. No true scottsman, and strawman, are so hilariously common on this board.
>>
>>44429470
All i saw was a bargain bin wall-e acting like a dog from a cartoon disney movie.

The only thing that would explain it's personality would be if it was somehow a copy of R2D2's datatapes. Droids with personalities are practically nonexistent in the galaxy.
>>
>>44429307
Evade is useful for everybody if you go scout, and if you're the mechanic the jury rig talents are great. As a scoundrel I always get spacehound for proficiency with starship weapons and for having fun shutting off the gravity when uninvited guests are onboard, though I'm typically the pilot if I start scoundrel. The followup talent, stellar warrior or something like it that gives a flat +1 to attacks on spaceships, both with starship weapons and normal weapons, is also real good if you're going to play a primarily space oriented campaign. If you're going mechanic as a scoundrel, check out the outlaw tech feat and talent tree. You can do a lot of fun things, like start by giving teammate's weapons flat bonuses that are powerful for starting game.

I don't know many force talents outside the Jedi class, but they do exist. If you want to use the force at all, force training is what you'll want for force powers.

A lot of this is off the top of my head while I'm killing time at work, so look on your own and don't take my word for it.
>>
>>44429414
Poe's quipping felt off, but once the movie really starts rolling, he falls back into line.

Really, the only character who talks like a Star Wars movie is Kylo Ren and he's a fuckboi so fuck him. Even Snoke talks like Thanos. Or else Big Bads all have the same speechwriter.
>>
>>44429515
I'm really tempted to play a Jedi/Scout now.
>>
>>44429502
Literally only autists care about "argument fallacies" outside of their autistic debate clubs.

If anything, you're just demonstrating how little real world experience you have. If you talked like this to real strangers, you'd get your nose broken in 10 minutes flat.
>>
>>44429532
Not him, but I think autism pretty much prevents you from joining a debate club.
>>
>>44429527
Yeah the dialogue is absolute garbage until han shows up, then it improves by quite a bit.

"DROID, PLEASE" is definitely the lowest point in the movie.
>>
>>44429470
BB-8 was practical effect. Go look it up. The only CGI for him was (probably) the zip-line cables, and when he was in the X-Wing.
>>
An idea: the Rebels use their extensive network of Bothan spies to locate known criminals with bounties on their heads, then they sell the information to trusted bounty hunters/merc in exchange for pulling jobs for the Alliance
>>
>>44429505
Actually that's not true. Droids have a personality matrix that gives them a default personality (for example, R2 units had a can-do attitude out of the box, but R5s were grumpy dumpies). A droid's personality matrix accumulated quirks and bugs over time without regular memory wipes, causing more lifelike and individual personalities to emerge and for the droid to become more clever. R2 even tricked Luke!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Personality_matrix
>>
>>44429555
Autism is the only reason you'd want to join such a thing and be that kind of supercilious ass.
>>
>>44429398
Do you mean in universe? I think only people who are "weird" in some way default to treating droids as people. Just one of those star wars quirks.
>>
>>44429579
No, I've seen the kinda people who join debate clubs. They can be stuck-up or stubborn, but autistic they are not.
>>
>>44429532
>literally
I do not think you know what this word means. Especially since you seem to think that your disregard for argument fallacies somehow is representative of everyone. Not everyone failed debate class, or views extremist politicians and relgious leaders as an example of how to "argue".
>>
>>44429487
>>44429558

Oh, dear. No wonder it looked so lifelike. How stupid of me to assume it wasn't a practical effect.
>>
>>44429406
It makes a lot more sense for the character instead of actually enjoying where his life is. Also makes more sense why he's on top of the Falcon as soon as it's activated.

>>44429432
>>44429375
I think they're setting Chewie up for a more important role in VIII.
Punished Wookie. When Phasma tells him he's pretty good and twirls her white highlighted E-11, he's going to shoot her in the face with the bowcaster, causing her to tumble down another garbage shoot.
>>
>>44429301
I-I'll just come back after the fighting stops
>>
>>44429576
R2 did have over 33 years of non-wiped memory to go off of.
>>
File: rey2.png (2 MB, 560x787) Image search: [Google]
rey2.png
2 MB, 560x787
>>
>>44429687
Is there a similar site for crew and upgrade cards?
>>
>>44429098
Personal Transponder - 100 - 0 Enc - 4; Average Computer to track a person's location with Transponder on them within Close Range (Planetary), increases by 2 Difficulty for each range band beyond Close up to Extreme
Veridicator 200 - 4k - 1 Enc - 8; 2 Boost to see if somebody is lying/omitting significant info or to discern a target's mental state
A99 Aquata Breather - 100 - 0 - 7; Breath underwater for 2 hours, can't be recharged
Jedi Utility Belt - 1,000 (R) - 0 - 8; +1 Encumb Threshold, includes: three-days of food capsules, emergency medpac, Jedi multi-tool, slim glow rod, comlink, and aquata breather
Jedi Multi-Tool/Lightsaber Maintenance Kit (editing error; same tool with different names) - 700 (R) - 2 - 9; normal tool kit for Mechanics checks but adds Advantage to checks for building, modifying, and repairing lightsabers.

Cyclic Crystal Array - 1,500 (R) - 0 Enc - 2 HP - 8 R; Install second crystal into a lightsaber for no extra HP cost, maneuver to switch active crystal/blade; Mod option: 1 Install a third lightsaber crystal at no additional cost
Force-Attuned Resonator - 1,000 (R) - 0 - 2 - 8; can be applied to Ranged (Light) or Heavy) weapon. Must have Force Rating and knowledge of how resonator works to use weapon.; Mod option: 1 Innate Talent (Prescient Shot - Boost to Ranged Light checks unless target is Force immune) Mod

>>44429301
Yes, it's worth another Core set, mostly if you're getting a different core set; so the original Core with Luke in your case. Otherwise you'r better off just buying a dice pack and getting templates off eBay.

Painting is fine and not against official tournament rules as long as the paint isn't distracting (like naked Leia on them or something) and as long as you don't physically alter the model. Also, there likely will be an alternate paint job for Poe's Black T-70, it'll probably end up being in some sort of Resistance pack or bundled with a Resistance Huge/Epic ship.
>>
>>44429625
You're literally not helping the "you're autistic" case by bitching about the use of the word literally.

I like how your second paragraph says nothing but "look how smart i think i am i will outwit and insult you like sir churchill!"
>>
>>44429652
Sorry for the mess. We aren't always like this, I promise.

Core sets are worth the money. Other good things to buy for rebels are the aces or one of the yts.

Repainting is totally kosher, and there's a pretty active modding community-making uglies for scum, making different YTs out of the Falcon, etc.

PTL forces you to perform a green maneuver to shed that stress to keep using the combo, making you more predictable. Stress builds are also pretty popular right now with flechette torpedoes, rebel captive, tactician, etc., so if Poe takes another stress that's 3 points you're not using for at least another turn. Poe's ability doesn't use his focus token, so it synergizes well with R5-P9's use a focus to regen shields. Still, I like PTL builds and will probably steal yours.
>>
>>44429650
I always wondered why Snake didn't just shoot Ocelot while he was doing his cutscene intro.
>>
>>44429576
most droids have that data wiped every 5 years. R2 was nearly unique in how long he had gone without a wipe.

But unless we're told that BB-8 has a copy of his datatapes, then R2D2 is no longer special.
>>
>>44429579
Do you have a citation for that interesting "fact"?

Just because someone recognizes your argument fallacies and discredits your bumbling attempts to debate, doesn't make them supercilious. An ass, sure. But they're only supercilious if they act in a smug manner. Seeing as this is written text on an anonymous posting board, that's quite hard to discern.
>>
>>44428749
set the vics for spped 2, but stock a navigation token so that you can slow down about when you are hitting the range.
comms is pretty good, I wouldn't call it a noob crutch at all. It's allows you to activate squadrons at a longer range which turn two or three when the dog fight looks iminent that you could move and shot darth and the interceptors during the ship phase engaging and tying up the other guys fighters while you bomers keep moving in the squadron phase to start to lay some hurt on his ships
>>
>>44429834
You just cannot help it with the "retarded second paragraph" thing, can you?
>>
>>44429795
Figuratively, is the word you're looking for. And there was no second paragraph, despite that there could have easily been one.
>>
>>44429834
You're a pompous dumbass. Nobody gives a shit about your loaned values. Think for yourself, not what richard dawkins taught you.
>>
>>44429859
Backspace is not the same as self-control, anon.
>>
>>44429855
Apparently no more than you can refrain from resorting to child-like insults.
>>
File: Tendra_Risant_Calrissian.jpg (532 KB, 798x1064) Image search: [Google]
Tendra_Risant_Calrissian.jpg
532 KB, 798x1064
What do you think of Lando's wife's body of work?
>>
>>44429908

I'd punch you in the face if i could, but the internet allows you to be a jackass all day without consequence.
>>
>>44429871
Who's that? No, don't bother... I can google it.
>>
File: garbage tier wifu.jpg (82 KB, 868x888) Image search: [Google]
garbage tier wifu.jpg
82 KB, 868x888
>>44429650
>Punished Wookie. When Phasma tells him he's pretty good and twirls her white highlighted E-11, he's going to shoot her in the face with the bowcaster, causing her to tumble down another garbage shoot.
If trash compactor'ing Phasma becomes a running joke I'll be euphoric.
>>
>>44429917
What does Tendra Risant even do? I was never clear on that.
>>
>>44429917
Not knowing anything about it, she seems nice, shame their kid got nabbed by those First Order bastards though.
>>
>>44429925
Yes, I'm sure you would display the lack of self-control if given the opportunity. Can we please return to Star Wars now?
>>
>>44429804
Because, as a human, he doesn't possess the mental acumen to go ahead and act under a barrage of charismatic nonsense. A wookie doesn't share that weakness.
>>
>>44429957
I think she's a businesswoman from Rothana or somewhere. I forgot where exactly.
>>
>>44429790
Kimber Stone - 6,500 (R) - 2 HP - 8 R; 9 Damage, Crit -, Stun Damage quality. Mod Options: 2 Dmg +1 Mods, 1 Concussive +1 Mod, 2 Disorient +1 Mods
Sorian Crystal - 16,000 (R) - 4 HP - 9 R; Damage 6, Crit 3, Breach 1 and Sunder. When lightsaber is used with Parry, gain Boost on next combat check against attacker before end of next round. Mod Option: 3 Dmg +1 Mod, 1 Parry talent Mod, 1 Disorient +1 Mod.

VCX-100
Sil 5; 3 Spd; -3 Handling
Def: 1/1/1/1
3 Armor; 32 HT; 28 SS
Hyperdrive: 2; Backup 14
Navcomp: Yes
Sensor: Short
Complement: 1 Pilot, 1 Co-Pilot/Engineer, 1 turret gunner, 1 aft gunner, 2 crew
Encumb: 200
Passenger: 6
Consumables: 1 Month
Price Rarity: 155k/8
HP: 5
Turret-Mounted twin light laser cannon (Arc All; Dmg 5; Crit 3; Range Close; Linked 1)
Aft-mounted twin light-laser cannon (Arc Aft; Dmg 5; Crit 3; Range Close; Linked 1)
Forward mounted twin medium laser cannon (Arc Forward; Dmg 6; Crit 3; Range Close; Linked 1)
>>
>>44429198
Nah, because that fight scene wouldn't have been as satisfying if Maul didn't die, and the fight scene was the best thing in the movie.
>>
>>44429515
Ty...
>>
>>44430000
Quads confirm that you've no life experience.
>>
File: 1063959-7ad2d6660f3c1d3c.jpg (9 KB, 346x420) Image search: [Google]
1063959-7ad2d6660f3c1d3c.jpg
9 KB, 346x420
>>44430000
>lack of self control
>hfw
>>
>>44430058
Sorry, I do not share your opinion.
For me, the best thing in that movie was the end credits.
>>
Guy who's playing Jedi Academy here, why is Jaden baited so easily?
>>
>>44430083
>Almost 2016
>Caring about post-numbers

This isn't a goddamned quest-thread, faggot. Get back on Star Wars topic.
>>
>>44430000
I'd just be doing what your dad should have done.
>>
>>44430183
because plot.

it's a long time star wars tradition, and jaden learned from the master of baition, Kyle.
>>
>>44430185
We get it, you're autistic.
>>
>>44427059
Wait, so are you supposed to hold the lightsaber near the blade or far from it?
>>
>>44430209
I mean seriously though. I have better dialogue for this.

>"Are all Jedi as weak as Rosh?"

>"No. That's why he fell to the Dark Side."
>>
>>44430183

because jedi knight 3 was the start of a long and yet unbroken downward spiral for star wars games.
>>
>>44430239
Depends on the style and stance.

Kyle is very unorthodox though.
>>
>>44430039
>VCX-100 is sil 5
What in the fuck?
>>
>>44430239
depends on stance.
>>
>>44430250
Bitch, Rebel Strike was AMAZING.
>>
>>44430250
TOR was good...

Wasn't Jedi Knoght 3 when Lucas Arts lost most of it's talent?
>>
>>44430295
I remember it being the weakest of the rogue squadron series. It was only two months after JK3 as well.
>>
>>44430331
>weakest

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 488x488
>>44429505
>Droids with personalities are practically nonexistent in the galaxy.
>>
>>44430250
KOTOR 2 begs to differ.
>>
>>44430039
Deception opposing Perception if trying to hide force use. Failure means observer knows something is amiss, each threat makes observer more suspicious but open to explanations. Failure and Dark Side point used on original force power check clues observer into something fundamentally twisted/wrong and reacts in Fear and/or Anger.

Example of ways to conceal:
Technical Deception: PC makes or uses fake tech to mimic Force Power used. GM can require Mechanics/Knowledge check to prepare unusual technology. Failure in check adds Setback to PC's Deception check.

Learning as you Go: GM's discretion, can allow a PC to gain a skill rank, talent, Force Power base power or upgrade, mid-session to fit a thematic storyline. These can be purchased even when player doesn't have enough XP to buy them,and GM can require PC to pay XP as soon as possible or lock full use until later in story. No PC should have more than 1 partially unlocked ability at a time. At GM's discretion, an incomplete ability can include the following penalties for use until fully complete/unlocked:
-1 Difficulty Die gets upgraded to a Challenge Die in Skill Checks with the incomplete skill rank
-Must use a Destiny Point to use incomplete ability; counts as the Destiny Point allowed to use
-Double the conflict when using Dark Side, and double Strain when using Dark as Light side user or light as Dark side user.
- 2 Strain for failing the check and 2 strain for each Threat
- Spend a Destiny point to commit a Force Die, must spend a Destiny point each round it remains committed.
When used towards Force Powers, penalties should only occur when using incomplete ability. If Basic power is incomplete, then penalty occurs when using the power at all; if only Upgrade is incomplete, penalty should only occur when that upgrade is in use.

>>44430265
Yup. Maybe there'll be a talent at some point that lets you drop Silhouettes outside of combat, similar to Rigger's Larger Project.
>>
>>44430316
JK3 wasn't made by LucasArts.
>>
>>44430218
And you're an uncouth cretin with a backwater vocabulary and a crushing inability to form a convincing argument without resorting to childish insults.

And your dad molested you. Maybe. Bit fuzzy on that part.
>>
>>44430508
>And your dad molested you. Maybe. Bit fuzzy on that part.
Well you have obliterated my sides most expertly sir, good show.
>>
>>44430508
>>44430543

Wow, i used to think this sort of "humor" was just a reddit thing. I guess it's just your generation.
>>
>>44430265

Presumably, it's so you can put in the Hangar Bay and be able to pull of a Phantom.

Personally, I'd have just made a new, cheaper mod for SIL 4 ships that let you dock a single SIL 3 ship with you, but I guess that's not where FFG is going.
>>
>>44429818
BB-8 doesn't exactly have the same personality as R2, though. BB-8 seems more super curious about everything, and... Dog-like.
>>
File: TIEPhantom-components.png (214 KB, 600x291) Image search: [Google]
TIEPhantom-components.png
214 KB, 600x291
Tie Phantom, any good?
>>
>>44430601
Yeah, dog-like enough to fit the trope of "all cartoon animals act like dogs"
>>
>>44430633
Why is that a trope? It's blatantly untrue.
>>
>>44430654
Thanks for the contrarian post with no argument.
>>
>>44430654
>this faggot still.

For everyone else: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllAnimalsAreDogs
>>
>>44430459
Alright, I'm going to take a break to check out my new T-70 and TIE/fo expansions and because I've got shit to do anyways.

I'll be back later on with more stuff like Armor crafting (which I will add, is fucking beastly if you can get your hands on a shit load of time and 27k credits worth of Restricted materials).
>>
>>44430610
very effective if you can fly it properly.
>>
>>44430686
I'm a completely different guy.

And that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>44430718
Oh well i guess you'll just have to deal with it.
>>
>>44430610
Some think they were "nerfed", but it was more of a minor tweak to make them not an auto-win that required no brain-power. Tie Phantoms are still quite good. The tweak changed the timing on decloaking, so that it occurs after dial selection, but before maneuvers. Whereas before it happened upon revealing the dial, making every maneuver the wrong one that your opponent's lower PS ships made.

Anyways, they're a solid bucket of red dice, that don't like to be caught with thier cloak down. Whisper and Echo are a lot of fun, and fit nicely into any Aces style Empire list. But they really need Veteran Instincts with Advanced Cloaking Device, unless you want to go with Stygian Particle Accelerator and Sensor Jammer.

The lower PS phantoms aren't as popular, but they make good glass sledgehammers. Give them a Stygians, and keep them as a cheap 4-dice of death Z-95.

I have two, and I enjoy flying them.
>>
>>44430686
>citing tvtropes
Spotted the retard.
>>
>>44430830
I really do wish your dad hadn't neglected you.
>>
>>44430819
I'm watching this game atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nERwj2o3uMY

Two ship meta? is that all?
>>
>>44430865
Oh, he wasn't neglected...
>>
>>44430865
Even if you project this hard, Disney won't let you have copies of TFA.
>>
>>44430922
Did that make sense when you typed it?

I have a copy of tfa. want a webm from it?
>>
>>44430884
TC is a shitty store and their meta is weblist as fuck.

2-ship has actually pretty much gone as of Worlds 2015, it was mostly prevalent mid-late last year.
>>
>>44430963
You could recommend something else while shitting on this.
>>
>>44430884
There has been quite a few two-ship lists, especially when the "Fat-whatevers" were going around. The idea was take a big ship, like Han in the Millenial Falcon, and soup it up to an absurd amount of points. FFG recently released a new tournament ruling that gives the opponent half the points of a big ship if it's damaged beyond half it's total shield/hull value. This curbed much of the "Fat" lists, and the latest Worlds saw an increase in 4-ship lists again. Before the tweak to decloaking, Phantoms were renowned for some guy walking into a tournament and going undefeated, all with a two-Phantom list with a 70-something point total.
>>
>>44431000
Why are people required to pander to you?
>>
>>44431083
Because complaining without offering alternatives is a very immature thing to do.
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!185:27,-1,-1,-1:-1:15:;88:96,43,110,-1,-1:-1:11:U.40;84:-1,163:-1:20:

I dunno if this is good or not. I've got Amazon vouchers to spend, and I'm not sure if I want to get the T-70 expansion or not before they're gone.
>>
>>44431105
You ask if 2-ship meta is all there is. I respond with a strong no. This is complaining?
>>
>>44431000
A lot of players hated the two-ship, Fat-Han/Chirpy/Dash builds.

Team Covenant's alright, but they do have a lot of net-lists that show up in their tournaments. For what it's worth, this year's World's winner went in with a completely off the wall list, that featured mostly a regenerating Poe (PtL, R2-D2 and Autothrusters), and a stressbot Y-Wing with BTL-A and TLT (stressbot is the R3-A2 astromech). He also had (iirc) a standard Y-Wing with a TLT, and a Z-95 blocker.
>>
>>44431143
Fine, be a cunt. All i wanted was a video of a game that you thought was good, but that's too much for a salty contrarian cunt to handle.
>>
so for the FFG rpg's if i wanted to main slugthrowers over blasters, what's my best bet?
>>
>>44431161
Most of the games I see are watched live on VASSAL, I almost never give a shit about videos and don't have any offhand.
>>
>>44431171
do you want a pistol or a rifle?
>>
Is there a list of ship upgrades across all the FFG books somewhere?
>>
>>44431242
ideally, both.
>>
>>44430601
This. BB-8 is not R2. Has a distinct personality. R2 is kind of surly, but dependable. BB-8 is far more child-like. Or dog-like. More dependent, less independent. BB-8 is more cute than R2 is.
>>
>>44431129
I prefer PTL on Keyan personally, and he doesn't really need the mangler cannon. I would ditch it to give ello an astromech.
>>
>>44430718
Why, pray tell, is it retarded? Are you capable of forming an argument or is that just beyond you?
>>
>>44431286
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicleattachments/
>>
>>44431329
Look at any of his posts. He lacks the life experience to handle opinions other than his own.
>>
>>44431171
the Asp-9 autopistol is pretty fun and chews up unarmored targets. The 8-guage scattergun is also quite effective. Slugthrowers are otherwise lackluster unless you can shell out for a verpine shattergun.
>>
File: pic1774571_md.jpg (48 KB, 478x500) Image search: [Google]
pic1774571_md.jpg
48 KB, 478x500
how necessary is this? was wondering if i should get it

i have two cores, both aces, and slave 1 and falcon, and two small ship expansions on the way
>>
>>44431129
It looks pretty decent. Although B-Wings generally don't need Mangler Cannons, or Flachette. The best cannons to put on them, if you want to pay for it, are Ion or Heavy Laser Cannon. I keep looking at Ello Asty, and trying to figure out what kind of build to give him...

You could also try this setup. Tarn Mison with Integrated Astro and an R7 makes for a surprisingly good 25pt X-Wing.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!185:27,-1,78,-1:-1:15:;88:96,43,-1,-1,-1:-1:11:U.74;85:-1,59:-1:20:
>>
>>44431161
You should probably step away from the keyboard for a little while, anon. Maybe have a cup of tea and a nice lie down. Regain your composure.
>>
>>44431207
Ok. That's real swell.
>>
>>44427059
So I got a few questions after playing some old vidya.
How the fuck did Jango go down so easily despite killing over at least around 2000 people in a several day period?
What happened to the Lok Revenants?
And will we ever get a good Star Wars RTS again?
>>
>>44431409
Are you?
>>
What are some interesting non-corellian freighters I can use in EotE?
>>
>>44431390
That's a 1374?

it'll give you a lot of expansion space, and save you from having to find new storage solutions for at least a year or two provided you don't go completely nuts.
>>
>>44431357
Thanks man.
>>
>>44431390

Just buy a tacklebox from goodwill.
>>
>>44431323
I see the value in PtL on Keyan, especially if you also give him Engine Upgrade. But Stay on Target and Advanced Sensors is so hilariously good, especially when you start outmaneuvering aces.

I'm struggling to find a good astro for Ello. Someone ran BB-8 on him with Vet Instincts, but that just seems like a waste when you've got Poe dawg for one point more.
>>
>>44431448
>>44431462
so storage solutions are necessary? should i just get the 10 dollar plano or the double sided variant? I want to be able to store every single component including the cards

The boxes seem pretty shit since they have those cut outs
>>
>>44431418
Gameplay and story segregation. Also, Jango lost his one big advantage against Jedi when he got run over, and rather than do the smart thing and seek cover, he stood his ground against a charging Jedi.
>>
>>44431436
Do non-corellian freighters even exist? Considering star wars' thing with making everything based on the first thing, it'd stand to reason that only corellians produce freighters, much like how all mandalorians are bobba fett and all smugglers are han solo.
>>
If you want to be the party moneymaker in EotE is Entrepreneur or Trader generally considered better?

Some of Entrepreneur talents seem pretty useless.
>>
>>44431323
>I prefer PTL on Keyan personally

Me too usually. To be honest my usual tourney Keyan build is PTL-Advanced Sensors-HLC-Lando Calrissian with Jan Ors (passenger) nearby. You spend most of the match with Keyan packing at least 2 Evade tokens and just vomiting out damage.
But that costs a bunch and Stay on Target is basically built for him as well, so I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative.

> I would ditch it to give ello an astromech.

Such as?
>>
>>44431462
Things to watch out for:

You'll need a lot of space for large ships, in multiple dimensions. Either cut some foam, or cut down the plastic shells they come in.

B-Wings require fairly deep compartments due to their wierd form-factor.
>>
>>44431301
R2 is kind of a self important jerk who does shit like pushing his friends down cliffs.
>>
>>44431506

Yeah, but Poe's in the Starter whilst Ello is in the cheaper T-70 expansion alongside the Integrated Astro upgrade.
>>
>>44431515

There are tons of them.

And realistically there should be thousands if not more. There are literally millions of planets producing ships in SW.
>>
>>44431507
>so storage solutions are necessary?
No not really.

>>44431530
Just toss em all in a tacklebox. They make pretty big tackleboxes. You can still play with a bent wookie or whatever.
>>
>>44431579
But are there books with stat blocks for some?
>>
I gave up on X-wing when the local meta became all turrets all day and clever flying took a backseat to heavy as fuck armor since there where no approaches that wouldn't kick your ass.
>>
>>44431664
Bring out the auto-thrusters and make them cry.
>>
>>44431525
stick to core. The only good thing the extra classes do is give combat skills to non-combat careers and non-combat skills to combat careers.
>>
>>44431684
>pay2win

No that's part of the problem.
>>
>>44431652

At least 20 of them. Take a look in chargen.
>>
>>44431576
That's a solid point. And Ello isn't a slouch by any means (just reckless). BB-8 probably works good on him, or at least he seems to. Targeting Astro isn't a good fit, due to treating his Tallon Rolls as White maneuvers. A basic R2 works if you're going with PtL or some other stress-causing talent (Expert Handling?). Stressbot's better on something like a BTL-A Y-Wing. Maybe a basic R5 for the hell of it?
>>
>>44431700
What you don't just print off the upgrade cards you need?
>>
>>44431664
>armor

wat
>>
>>44431744
health and shields, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>44431525
Entrepreneur: Free money + use money to make your life easier
Trader: Some general combat talents + increased likelihood to find rare items (at the cost of massively increased costs)

Mostly the same otherwise. Unless this is your first specialization, then career choice is also a big thing because of Signature Abilities. Purely regarding trading, Colonist/Entrepreneur is better off because of Unmatched Expertise making it easier to find more rare items (which negates some of what makes Trader special) and Explorer/Trader would only benefit from Sudden Discovery to find some lost item to sell off.
>>
>>44431700
It's a miniatures game, you fucking retard.
>>
>>44431738
Not allowed at LGS. They got a business to run.
>>
>>44431766
Go suck WOTC's dick some more.
>>
>>44431700
It's not, though. X-Wing is not even close to being as Pay2Win as any other offending game out there.

1 Starviper gets you two Autothrusters. And Guri and Xizor are a blast to fly as a Scum Ace (just not together).

There are a lot of anti-turret lists you could build. You could even go heavy ordnance alpha strike, and burn down those big ships quickly.

What factions were you playing, and what sets fo you have to work with? I can help you build a turret-stomping list. Hell you can stomp turrets with a swarm of Tie Fighters.
>>
>>44431766
The real problem is the power creep and how you constantly need cards from new sets to do anything.

Heck, right now, you need a new set to even play.
>>
>>44431809
Nothing but TIE interceptors, bubba shrimp and a tie advanced.

Also, fuck buying new ships for the cards and fuck the local assholes for not allowing proxies.
>>
Guys, how much of the core FFG books are generic (i mean, that you can find that stuff in all three books)
>>
>>44431809
>It's not, though. X-Wing is not even close to being as Pay2Win as any other offending game out there.

That's an admission that it is pay 2 win, not a defense that it isn't.

So to continue being viable you just need to pump out 20 bucks until the next set makes that not viable.
>>
>>44431652

Sure. While CEC probably makes a lot of their bread and butter of Freighters, the fact that they make a lot of models means they have just as many flops as huge successes.

If you're looking specifically for non-Corellian light freighters, Fly Causal or Enter the Unknown are probably the best, with models like the Ghtroc 720, GX1 Short Hauler, Starlight-class, etc.
>>
>>44431794
X-Wing isn't even remotely close to WoTC's bullshit levels of Pay2Win. Or Privateer Press, or GW's either, for that matter.
>>
>>44431849
>Also, fuck buying new ships for the cards and fuck the local assholes for not allowing proxies.

I guess they should just close down every business for wanting to make money in your world?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.