[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Imperium retreat ? They weren't getting massacred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Why did the Imperium retreat ? They weren't getting massacred and could've gotten reinforcement. Isn't this their usual MO ?
>>
>>44422553
Plot armor.
If the tau lose they lose their entire empire A few hundred planets and GW needs to sell more weeb models because the Eldar aren't enough.
>>
>>44422553

Because Tau wank.
>>
>>44422553
They were being massacred by combined forces of Farsight and Shadowsun plus the Tau weather device.

The book outright says the Imperial commander couldn't requisition reinforcements and other hard gear like titans because these assets were busy somewhere else (Check for the upcoming Admech vs Tau FW book).
>>
>>44422588
>They were being massacred
Never stopped the IG before.
>>
>>44422892
It has.

IG have been routed plenty of times in the fluff. I don't need to tell you.
>>
>>44422588

Wonder if that's where the missing SOB will turn up.

Honestly, Admech and SOB team up would be interesting. Seeing how teeth gritting it is.
>>
>>44422963

I would actually like to read about how they would have amicable, if not necessarily warm, relations.

Just flavor it as both worshiping different aspects of the Big E, hell, throw in the IG disposition.

The SoB focus on the Godliness, the AdMech focus on the Omnissiah / Scientific Genius, and the IG focus on the Emperor upon the Throne.
>>
>>44422999

Now I'm imagining a techpriest and a Sister staring at an exorcist and both making terrifying squeeing noises.
>>
>>44423007
>>44422999

>SQUEEEEEEEEEE~

>01010011 01010001 01010101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01111110
>>
ディズニーランドを前払いで遊んで文句言う奴など居ない、後払いや人の金で遊ぼうとするお前らが悪い
>>
>>44423050

What's this about Disney Land?
>>
>>44422999
Wierdly the SoB and ADmech get on reasonably well (for 40k), the church genrally has little or no dealing with tech, so hand it over/ leave it to the ADmech, (most noteable an STC) who in turn supply them with weapons and armour.
>>
File: MUSHEEN GHOSTIE.png (31 KB, 133x94) Image search: [Google]
MUSHEEN GHOSTIE.png
31 KB, 133x94
>>44423085

I would imagine that the SoB have some Techmarine / Engineseer equivalents, they would probably be trained by the AdMech / working under Apprenticeship though.
>>
>>44423085

They can get a bit squabbly over stuff that's both high tech AND holy relics.

That and when one or the other gets pushy about being the one who knows better. (The SOB/Mechanicus in the Sanctuary book is a particularly bad case but that techpriest had gone right off the reservation with his 'I can hack necrons and get them to serve me!' ideas)

Still, better than most in 40k.
>>
>>44422553
Common soldierly has never done well against superior firepower. Outnumbering the Tau doesn't equal outgunning the Tau. The Imperium can outgun snd outnumber the Tau if they want, but generally they're busy with more important matters.
>>
>>44423099

I'd honestly say they don't.

Mostly because they don't need it.

The marines are a completely independent force who acts on it's own and frequently lacks communication with other imperial forces. They need their own dedicated support engineers.

The SOB are an integrated part of the Imperial forces with strong diplomatic ties to the Mechanicus and the various supply structures. They can requisition Mechanicus support more easily than Marines can.

They likely have Engineseers working with them (Likely more faithful, diplomatic or incense spewing ones to keep the relationship from getting strained)
>>
>>44423118
There's likely two different types of techpriests assigned to the Sisters: the ones that are zealously faithful to the Emperor as Omnissiah and annoy their peers by being more in line with traditional Imperial beliefs; and the ones that are being punished, either for being the losing faction in an internal political struggle or because they simply annoyed the wrong Magos at the wrong time. That'd lead to some techpriests who are happy as anything they get to work alongside the daughters of the Emperor, and another (probably larger group) who hate their jobs, and hate their lives and spend every waking moment trying to get out of it.
>>
>>44423193

>who hate their jobs, and hate their lives and spend every waking moment trying to get out of it.

So 'Tech Support'
>>
>>44423118
>he SOB are an integrated part of the Imperial forces with strong diplomatic ties to the Mechanicus and the various supply structures. They can requisition Mechanicus support more easily than Marines can.

Just no.

The Admech codex says that there flaring tensions between the Admech and the Imperial Church that has sparked into all our Faith Wars.

In the Hammer and Anvil novel, the Sisters and Admech couldn't stand one another.
>>
>>44423099
inb4
>techsister
>psyker sister
>sisters on bikes
>terminator sisters
>space marine sisters
>>
>>44423203

Hammer and Anvil also had that be an pretty heavily traitor magos though.

He was trying to hack Necrons to take over them and learn about their tech even in the middle of a full fledged assault by the Necrons.
>>
>>44423199
That was more or less what I was thinking of, yes. Imagine being the tech support for an elderly cannoness. All of the frustration of dealing with an older boss who doesn't understand technology, combined with a dogmatic dislike of your entire organisation. You hate most of your co-workers because of their obvious personality defects, the way they won't shut up about their political beliefs, because they continuously dump the worst jobs on you, for reasons you don't even remember any more but damned if you're ever going to let it go.

And it could go on forever. Between cybernetics and juvenat treatments you might be toiling in the convent basement for the next thousand years, seeing the same faces every day, dealing with the same problems every day, slowly going crazier and crazier. You'd end up throwing yourself into battle at every opportunity, either to be promoted for heroism and zeal or at least find the sweet release of death.
>>
>>44423218
Even well before his treachery was revealed the Sisters and him were dicks to each other.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.