[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What counts as "fae"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
What counts as "fae"?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>44420964
Ur dad. Both of them.
>>
File: 1426695354000.jpg (621 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1426695354000.jpg
621 KB, 1280x1440
>>44420964
Yokai.
>>
In my own setting the Fae are tied to the existence of humanity so as long as humans exist so will the Fae and new ones are always born that adapt and change as much as mankind does.

While there are still ancient Fae of the forest you will also find fledgling fae that exist in the cities as well: Junk Fairies, Skull Kids, Strangers, Car Jackers (They live underneath cars and will strike out at lone victims in large parking garages) Stone Pucas, glass dancers (Stained glass figures that can leave their windows), Stoop Snakes (They camoflauge themselves on or underneath the stoops of abandoned buildings.). The list goes on.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (173 KB, 1920x1012) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
173 KB, 1920x1012
>>44420964
1. Do you want to fuck it?
2. Are you sure you want to fuck it?
3. Listen... you're sober. There's a tavern full of eager wenches who want nothing more than to have sex with you. Some are even willing to share. Are you SURE you want to fuck her instead?

If the answer to all three is "yes", it's probably a fae.
>>
File: catboy.png (630 KB, 860x933) Image search: [Google]
catboy.png
630 KB, 860x933
>>44422761
And if it's a catboy?
>>
File: 1448768913584.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1448768913584.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>
File: 209580492845.jpg (187 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
209580492845.jpg
187 KB, 600x375
>>44420964
"Fey" by definition means "doomed to die", which is a silly term to place on something unless you imply much about what is normal for their kind.

Fey can be interpreted as a label for a creature that is powerful enough to be considered supernatural, or god-like but still mortal.

Like fox tits
>>
File: 1442213447441.jpg (196 KB, 830x700) Image search: [Google]
1442213447441.jpg
196 KB, 830x700
>>44423792
Same rules apply.
>>
>>44420964
Fey: descendants of Feywild native spirits.
when traveling unknown planes it is understood that one call the primary local realm of Red/Green mana the local Feywild.
in exemplar: Zendikar, Yggdrasil, NuGenesis.
>>
Celtic spirits/demon
Fond of kidnapping children and replacing them with glamoured up wood, making milk go spoil and other dickery.

Specific advice on dealing with faeries:
* Don't call them wicked or ugly. They don't like that. Fair Folk and Good Folk are common ways to refer to them.
* They are weak against iron (or in some works 'cold iron', what makes iron 'cold iron' can vary considerably).
* Don't eat their food and make sure your visits are short or you might come back 100s of years later and instantly starve to death and turn to dust once you cross back into our world.
* Don't stare at dullahans, carry gold on you. If you see one coming after you, reveal the gold. If he says your name, hope he was referring to someone else with the same name, cause that person is SOL.
* Redcaps are impossible to outrun (on foot at least), so don't even try. Also they will murder you if given the chance.
* Don't touch kelpies.
>>
>>44428281
>* Redcaps are impossible to outrun (on foot at least), so don't even try. Also they will murder you if given the chance.
So, the only correct way to deal with them is kill on sight?
>>
>>44428458
Maybe if you encounter them you can avoid being detected. They die if their caps dry, but I don't see how that information is useful.
>>
>>44420964
It's whatever you want to count as a fae.

Try the shitposts, Dave, they're really real
>>
>>44428281
>* If he says your name, hope he was referring to someone else with the same name, cause that person is SOL.

I now want to play as Dullahan who's prone to getting the people he's meant to announce the deaths of wrong.

>"Are you... Seamus O'Reily?"
>"Yes?"
>"Your time on this earth draws to an end..."
>Later that night...
>"Oh, fuck, I was supposed to go to Seamus Aredbhar O'Reily, not Seamus Patrick O'Reily! ... Eh, I'm sure he'll figure it out himself."
>>
>>44429305
you might be thinking of banshees. Dullahans collect those that are about to die. Banshees tell people they are going to die or send their condolences after. Not sure if a Banshee warning can make you avoid your predicted death, but it might at least let you get your affairs in order.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.