[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of you lore autists summarize this for me I'm too lazy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15
File: 2352352.jpg (158 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
2352352.jpg
158 KB, 650x823
One of you lore autists summarize this for me I'm too lazy to read it.
>>
>>44418933
The Night Lords under Krukesh the Pale strike at the heart of Imperium Secundus.
>>
>>44418948
i c wut u did there
>>
>>44418933
Ultras brought Tyranids to the galaxy because of edgy reasons.
>>
>>44418933
>Robutt Girlyman confirmed as Traitorus Secondus.

No really. After this I have no idea why any other Primarch didn't murder him the second the convened after the siege of Terra is beyond me. He dun goofed.

But then again BL is the extended universe of warhammer. Non-canonical
>>
>>44421984

>But then again BL is the extended universe of warhammer. Non-canonical

Keep believing that
>>
>>44418933
We aren't Matt Ward guys, honest! We hate the Ultramarines even more than you do!
>>
Once again Girlyman gets memed
>>
>>44418933
>more Night Ladies shit

Can these fuckfaces fuck off already?
>>
Retcon of the day, courtesy of BL'S HH:

It's not the Astronomicon that lured tyranids into the galaxy, it's the Pharos, some shitty astral flashlight in some backwoods planet in Ultramar which a SM tinkered with and it flashed once, which the Hivemind saw.

LIke almost everything in BL's HH, IT'S SHIT.
>>
>>44422069
It's true. BL's HH isn't canon, and in fact no BL work is hard canon.

>"Everything" cannot be canon, for that's like saying "yes" and "no" are both true - or that Tau have hooves (actual GW minis) as well as feet ("Xenology"). Where contradictions arise, one source is obviously either wrong or supersedes the other. George Mann - the Head of Publishing - has made it a little bit clearer than Marc Gascogne, who is "just" an author. The following is from the 2008 GW Annual Meeting, where he was confronted with this very question:

>In further conversation, George emphasized that Black Library’s main objective was to “tell good stories”. He agreed that some points in certain novels could, perhaps, have benefited from the editor’s red pen (a certain multilaser was mentioned) but was at pains to explain that, just as each hobbyist tends to interpret the background and facts of the Warhammer and 40k worlds differently, so does each author. In essence, each author represents an “alternative” version of the respective worlds. After pressing him further, he explained that only the Studio material (rulebooks, codexes, army books and suchlike) was canonical in that is HAD to be adhered-to in the plots and background of the novels. There was no obligation on authors to adhere to facts and events as spelled out in Black Library work.
>>
>>44423752
>>44423752
>This essentially mirrors what Gav Thorpe and Aaron Dembski-Bowden have mentioned on their blogs. The latter actually clearly stated he doesn't care what some other novel author writes if he thinks it's crap, as BL does give him the freedom to simply disregard it.
http://www.boomtron.com/2011/03/grimdar ... ose-canon/
Which is exactly what Gav wrote about GW sometimes adopting novel aspects they like, but not actually feeling in any way bound to do so.
http://mechanicalhamster.wordpress.com/ ... the-fence/

>I have to add that - for many years! - I too thought that Black Library stuff was as canon as GW books. It was not until I noticed more and more contradictions, some of whom even go against the very spirit of an army, popped up that I actually went to investigate this further, looking for insider statements such as the ones mentioned above. Now I can rest easy, knowing that certain BL slip-ups can be ignored, whilst I'll still take inspiration from things that sounds like they'd fit.

In short, only codexes are hard canon. Everything else, BL, FW, FFG, might as well be glorified fanfic.

Which BL's HH certainly is;
>>
>>44423765
So what you are saying is, they are canon unless GW contradicts them
>>
>>44423778
Nope. What Gascoigne is saying is:

Nothing which isn't in a codex is canon that must be adhered to, and that includes works by BL authors.
>>
>>44423778
Nigga, you blind? See

>>44423752
>In essence, each author represents an “alternative” version of the respective worlds.

He says with all words that each author's work might as well be an alternative universe.

LITERALLY non-canon.
>>
>>44418933
Space Marines and grim darkness.
>>
>>44423752
Horus Heresy series is the most canon, as confirmed by BL editor Laurie Goulding in 2013. This supercedes Mann's old comments (he's gotten the boot this fall too) and ABD's Loose Canon comments. GW's system of canon is similar to old LucasArts now.

As it is, now, the "canon" can be seen informally in this rough hierarchy (with some reasonable wiggle-room, and common sense...)

A-canon:
The HH novels (story)
The FW HH books (military, technical, organisation, battle-specific)
Visions of Heresy (from a future perspective, looking back)

B-canon:
Anything written in a current Codex or supplement for Warhammer 40,000

C-canon:
Anything written in a previous edition of any GW product

Not canon:
White Dwarf
Battle reports
Gaming campaigns/events, even those run at/by GW
>>
>>44423785
George Mann (head of BL Publishing) said that, not Mark Gascoigne.

Let that sink in:

The BOSS OF BLACK LIBRARY (and formerly one of GW's top dogs) says Black Library works aren't canon.
>>
>>44423806
Nobody believes you, ADB.

Your shit isn't canon no matter how much you squirm.

Not in a codex = might as well not exist.

And Laurie Goulding is just an editor, amongst many.
>>
File: 1409951011116.jpg (188 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
1409951011116.jpg
188 KB, 600x463
>>44423806
>HH's diarrhea is more canon than the codices

Now I've seen everything.

Fuck off BL employee.
>>
>>44423814

Goulding works for Black Library and has provided the most recent word on the matter. Codex = B-tier canon. ABD is also wrong in saying there is "loose canon" (no tiers). The most wrong of all are the neckbeards citing comments from 2008 trying to prove HH is not canon.
>>
>>44423752
Dude, do you know the source of this quote? It's from a gyt on the DakkaDkka forums. With no confirmation of its real or not or even if he got what is said.

Last time someone went to a weekender who got this

http://graham-mcneill.com/#!/end-times-not-coming/

Try a more reliable source.
>>
>>44423872
We got*
>>
>>44423872
>Dude, do you know the source of this quote? It's from a gyt on the DakkaDkka forums.
Are you LITERALLY retarded?

Do you realize it was said in an event open to the public? Do you realize even ADB has commented on it?

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=170109.0
>>
The Lion is an idiot, Dantioch gets killed, Pharos goes boom and is the reason Tyranids are coming, Horus has finally reached Segmentum Sol
>>
File: 1443535437895.jpg (216 KB, 879x607) Image search: [Google]
1443535437895.jpg
216 KB, 879x607
>>44423752
Good to know.

It makes sense that only Games Workshop's material is canon, otherwise each author would have to adhere to each other's crap.
>>
>>44423806
>HH top tier above codexes
>WD not canon

I'll file this under "Not canon."
>>
>>44423889
Nope.

I don't trust a random guy on a forum to tell me what the other guy told him. People get things wrong like the time they misquoted McNeil.

Now go find a reliable source.
>>
>>44423916

It is the case. That is why material like Malcador and the events of Horus Heresy series started to make way into the codices after being mentioned in the books. HH is overseen by Alan Merrett, and there is no higher authority than him on fluff unless Kirby comes himself to count your shekels.
>>
>>44423915
>It makes sense that only Games Workshop's material is canon, otherwise each author would have to adhere to each other's crap.

this tbqwh

all of old /tg/ knows that

everything which isn't in a codex might as well be glorified fanfic, don't sperg so much over BL's fluff-rape
>>
File: 1450842846045.png (230 KB, 446x430) Image search: [Google]
1450842846045.png
230 KB, 446x430
>people actually read tie-in novels
>>
File: 1410676980777.png (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1410676980777.png
13 KB, 400x400
>>44423938
>and the events of Horus Heresy series started to make way into the codices

Except they haven't. Not a single of the new retcons of HH has made its way into 7th ED, or any previous edition.

Do you realize the HH basic events were outline literally over a decade ago?

40k newfags, I swear. Also

>>44423938
>>44423922
>>44423872
>>44423839
>>44423806
samefag, and nobody will believe you.
>>
>>44423940
Except BL material have been referenced a lot in codexes.

The Talon of Horus characters were mentioned in the lore. Iskandor Khayon and Sevetar ADB's characters were mentioned in GW/FW sources.

The Admech codexes are filled with references to the McNeil's Admech trilogy.
>>
>>44423940

However, in the real world Horus Heresy is the highest tier of canon. Everyone adheres to Merrett's crap.

Alpha Legion's twin primarchs for instance come directly from the high ups of Games Workshop and are not Abnett's invention.
>>
>>44423960
>The Talon of Horus characters were mentioned in the lore. Iskandor Khayon and Sevetar ADB's characters were mentioned in GW sources
No, they were not.

>FW
As much as we in /tg/ love FW, they're as canon as BL, that is: not-canon.

>The Admech codexes are filled with references to the McNeil's Admech trilogy.
You insufferable newfag, Mechanicus lore, Tagmatas and etc long predate McNeil.
>>
>>44423959
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8 outta 8
>>
>>44423959
>Except they haven't. Not a single of the new retcons of HH has made its way into 7th ED, or any previous edition.

Murdersword (anatheme) made it.

Also the plot of Pyros was mentioned in a codex Apocrypha years before. It was stated that Sotha is rumored to have been destroyed because the Ultramarine did something mysterious there.

Also the 7th ED Eldar codex mentions the Eldrad confrontation with Fulgrim.
>>
>>44423981
>No, they were not.
What is Mackan?
>>
>>44423996
>Murdersword (anatheme) made it.
Not a retcon, for fuck's sake, this was in 4th ED.

>Also the 7th ED Eldar codex mentions the Eldrad confrontation with Fulgrim.
Also not a retcon, we long knew Eldrad tried to contact the Emperor, just not how.

Show me those BL retcons in GW work, boy.

Oh wait, you can't.
>>
>>44423981
>No, they were not.

>>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants – the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras – the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.

-From "GW digital Index Astrates"

#Rekt

>As much as we in /tg/ love FW, they're as canon as BL, that is: not-canon.

Bullshit.

>You insufferable newfag, Mechanicus lore, Tagmatas and etc long predate McNeil.

Shut your mouth.

The plot device and the villain of the series were mentioned by name.
>>
>>44423938
>It is the case.

According to an anonymous poster on an anonymous image board with no source given. Seems legit, u gaiz.
>>
>>44424005
You are obviously retarded.

The events in Mackan exist since 3rd ED. And mentioned again in the 6th ED dodex.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/7th_Black_Crusadewiki/7th_Black_Crusade
>>
>>44424011
>Oh wait, you can't.

I just did.

It was never mentioned before the HH series how Eldrad tried to contact the Emperor. HH made it through Fulgrim and GW stuck to it.

Stop trying to weasel out of corners, you weasel.

>Not a retcon, for fuck's sake, this was in 4th ED.

Was anatheme mentioned in the 4th ED? What page?
>>
>>44424025
Wait, are you implying ADB INVENTED KHAYON? IS THIS WHAT IT IS?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Khayon was mentioned in the CODICES long-before ADB picked him as a side-character to write/expand. He did not invent Khayon's character, boy.
>>
>>44424026

Alan Merrett overseeing HH series is true and ABD/Abnett have said it multiple times.

>>44424025
Don't forget 7e Codex Grey Knights confirming the GK founders are Space Marines recruited by Malcador, including marines from traitor legions.
>>
>>44424040
No, you are the retard.

See >>44424025

GW wrote ADB's character Khayon and Lyras into the event.
>>
>>44424053
Yes.

He invented him and Telemachon Lyras.

If he is mentioned before cite codexes and pages.
>>
>>44424056
>Alan Merrett overseeing HH series is true and ABD/Abnett have said it multiple times.

[citation needed, but not given]
>>
>>44424059
see >>44424059

No anon, you are the retard.

Khayon was mentioned by name in 6th Ed, both codex and Black Legion supplement, YEARS before ADB's Talon of Horus.
>>
File: 3e space marines page 22.jpg (131 KB, 633x830) Image search: [Google]
3e space marines page 22.jpg
131 KB, 633x830
>>44424040

No. It is from BL, this is the supposed 3e source.
>>
>>44424072
>Index Astartes: Death Company, pg. 10

Came out before the novel.
>>
>>44424077
Guess who worked on the Black Legion supp? ADB.

And no Khayon was not mentioned in the 6th ED codex or the Black Legion supp.
>>
>>44424102
The fact that ADB worked on the supplement is irrelevant.

The crucial different is that said supplement is a GW work, therefore canon, and Khayon is mentioned there, while Talon of Horus is a BL work, therefore not necessarily canon.
>>
>>44424271
>Khayon is mentioned there

He is not.
>>
File: 1367004323398.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1367004323398.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>giving this much shit about a novel series where 4 out of 5 novels have barely any relevance to the story.
>arguing about ABDs stock character in a universe of stock characters
>>
>>44424102
>Guess who worked on the Black Legion supp? ADB.

Where do you get this from, because I can't find his name attached to the supplement at all, just Cruddace.
>>
>>44424315
see
>>44424091
>Index Astartes: Death Company (Ebook), pp. 10-11

So for what we already know:
- Khayon already existed in GW lore.
- No BL/FW-exclusive retcons/events are mentioned in any GW lore ever.
- GW is hard-canon, FW/BL/FFG is not.

Why do you even continue posting? Literally everything you post ITT is wrong. Literal newfag casual wannabe poseur. How do you even live with yourself?
>>
>>44424379
>- No BL/FW-exclusive retcons/events are mentioned in any GW lore ever.

Wrong.

The events of Ultramarine books and the Admech trilogy are mentioned in the codexes.

>GW is hard-canon, FW/BL/FFG is not.

Proof it with a reliable source.

And about Khayon? You said he was mentioned in the 6th ED codex and Black Legion supp but he isn't. I might be mistaken about the Index but you straight yo lied.
>>
>>44424351
Dunno. ADB wrote Index Astartes: Death Company.
>>
>>44424412

Don't forget lying about 3e. Though the wiki he quoted lies too.
>>
>>44424351
His blog. Had I known that every piece of online text is important I would have screencap it all.

I will dig for it later,
>>
>>44424412
>Proof it with a reliable source.

I think he has gave as reliable of a source as you have through this entire thread.
>>
>>44424433
Already went through it. I don't trust a random guy on the dakka dakka forum to tell me something he heard from a dude in the weekender.

Gimme something official
>>
>>44424418
Does this info come from the same source as ADB writing Black Legion supplement?
>>
How can people quote Index Astartes as GW material separate from BL when they are published by BL and written by BL authors?
>>
>>44424444
I don't trust a random guy on 4chan to tell me HH novels trump codexes in canon and WD is not canon.
>>
>>44424453
Index Astartes is a GW digital publication the same as the digital codexes. BL just sells them digitally. In fact, the Index contains rules as well as fluff.

And where does it say they have been written by BL authors?
>>
>>44424449
>>44424483

Right here, ABD confirms he wrote Index Astartes and Munitorum Chainswords, and a lot of feedback on the Black Legion codex.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1404836#post1404836
>>
>>44424556
Thanks.

Saving this one.

No wonder then that Khayon and Lyras were mentioned in them.
>>
>>44424556
Then why isn't he credited for them anywhere? Why is the Black Legion supplement credited to Cruddace?
>>
>>44424988
Index Astartes series is uncredited as company policy, as are later codexes. Iyanden and Black Legion supplements were the last ones credited.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 504x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 504x412
If it's good it's canon. If it's bad it's not canon.
>>
>>44425459
So all we have is his word that he wrote it? No official documentation anywhere?
>>
>>44425914
That fairy needs to think about her life from the looks of things.
>>
>>44426241
They stopped listing them because they didn't want another Matt Ward incident, where a single author's name became toxic.
>>
>>44426241
A professional author lying about what they wrote is essentially career suicide. There is no reason to believe he would lie.
>>
>>44426426
So isn't ADB violating something by telling people he wrote it? Surely these sort of things don't work if the authors just blurt it out or list the works in their CV or something.

And when did GW start listening to public opinion?
>>
>>44426447
>A professional author lying about what they wrote is essentially career suicide
Not if it's company policy to not call him on his shit
>>
>>44426267
The same could be said about Black Lobrary fans.
>>
>>44426469

No. GW could sue him if he took credit for writing something he didn't though.
>>
>>44426484

GW tried to bully some writer of kids' books out of the market with C&D letters because her book had Space Marine in the title. They are the most anal company about IP by far.
>>
>>44426801
Sue him based on what someone pretending to be him wrote on a forum? Is there hard evidence that's really ADB? In the plausible deniability sense.
>>
Book begins.
Book fucking ends.
>>
>>44426927

Not really, he's been posting there for years under one nickname and made no secret of it.
>>
>>44423738
>It's not the Astronomicon that lured tyranids into the galaxy

It never was, you dolt. The Astronomicon is drawing Hive Fleet Leviathan towards Terra, but nothing has ever stated that the Astronomicon was what lured the Tyranids into this galaxy in the first place.
>>
>>44427200
You mean the nickname has claimed to be ADB for years?
>>
>>44427260

Not a chance a denial of being dead.blue.clown would go through in court.
>>
>>44427360
So there is evidence then?
>>
>>44427468
He posted on /tg/ under the same name on at least one occasion, and provided a timestamped picture of himself as proof. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>44427576
>provided a timestamped picture of himself as proof.

Well surely this exists somewhere.
>>
>>44427613
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14556877/
>>
>>44423826

It is as far as the HH is concerned.

>>44423981

>As much as we in /tg/ love FW, they're as canon as BL, that is: not-canon.

False, FW has been mentioned quite a bit in both army books and codices. Off the top of my head, both the Empire and Warriors of Chaos army books made reference to the events of Tamurkhan.

>>44426832

Likely because they were required too
>>
>>44427705
Don't see "dead.blue.clown" anywhere.
>>
>>44427720

Clearly they weren't because they didn't have the right to "Space Marine" and the book went back on sale after a campaign by angry writers.
>>
>>44427468

Yes.
>>
>>44421002
Please explain further.
>>
>>44428366
Can we have some...?
>>
>>44429267
Not him.

But you can already ask ADB via his blog, twiiter, or any form of social media.
>>
>>44427468
Shit that dead blue clown has said would be in the books was actually in the books, even months before the books were announced.
Hell, the only reason we know Master of Mankind is coming out is that he has said so in forum posts
>>
>>44430371
GW's fine with someone just leaking all this info?
>>
>>44430521
It's free publicity you fool
>>
>>44424379
Fucking hysterical twat.
>>
>>44430545
Then why has GW been trying to crack down on leaks?
>>
>>44430612
I don't think you get my point.
Saying that character so-and-so will be appearing in book that-and-that is merely building up hype, increasing sales.
Leaking rules is what loses them money.
Get it now?
>>
>>44430634

What about leaking that a Fallen character with weaponry based on Lion-O's will be featured in the next Black Legion novel?
>>
>>44430702
Still building up hype.
He doesn't tell them who that character is, or what happens to him, or what's his story, so people will pick it up to see what happens
>>
>>44430634
Then why doesn't GW let you know something's coming more than a week ahead of time? They got their own publication and website. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put up some sneak previews and stuff on things to come on there to hype up sales. But they don't and there must be a reason why. Surely their whole marketing plan isn't "have the authors hype up their shit on forums."
>>
>>44430775
> Surely it wouldn't be hard to put up some sneak previews and stuff on things to come on there to hype up sales
But they do, that's why they have excerpts and shit, but those go up only days before the book comes out.
Plus, the only one I know who does this is ADB, since other authors are not that active among the community
>>
>>44430775
>Surely their whole marketing plan isn't "have the authors hype up their shit on forums."
I too would hope not but this is GW.
>>
>>44430815
Wow, a few days. That's a real marketing buzz right there. Why aren't other companies taking note of this marketing genius at work? Why didn't I think of that when I said "why doesn't GW let you know something's coming more than a week ahead of time?"
>>
>>44430815

Sarah Cawkwell and Josh Reynolds are to some degree as well, but they don't frequent Warseer and Dakka.
>>
>>44423752
>Tau have hooves (actual GW minis) as well as feet ("Xenology").

What do people mean by this? Are Tau shown or described to have human feet in this book?

Pretty much all mammals have feet as a foot is just the end portion of a limb that bares weight. In horses the equine foot is the coffin bone. Which I assume Tau would have.
>>
>>44418933
How much do the Ultramarines screw up in this novel?
>>
>>44432387

The Tau corpse pictured in Xenology has three toed feet.
>>
>>44432570
Probably a mutation.
>>
File: Tau-Ethereal-Dissection-Report.jpg (1 MB, 2378x1749) Image search: [Google]
Tau-Ethereal-Dissection-Report.jpg
1 MB, 2378x1749
>>44432387
>>44432570
>>44433278
Pic related, though note the text as well:

>Perambulatory limbs. Tertiary joint analogous to Terran artiodactyls: suggests evolution from cloven-hoofed ruminant.
>>
>>44418933
What is he reaching for?
>>
>>44423806
>a-canon: the HH novels
>b-canon: current Codex or supplement
Niggahahahawha?
On a more serious note, if one flips the suggested canon order you end up with the best canon, as long as Not Canon remains as that.
>>
>>44427720
Yes, and after they were put into codices and army books they became canon. FW stuff not put into those is not canon. Same as BL, if they like something from BL they might include it, thereby making it canon, but it is not canon unless it's been included.
>>
>>44437449
You don't get to decide what's canon or what's not canon with no proof.
>>
>>44427720
>Likely because they were required too

No, they were not, because they can't claim "Space Marine" as their IP. It's been in use since the Thirties, and Heinlein's Starship Troopers (on which most of the space marine archetype is based) came out in the Fifties.

The GW spat over Spots the Space Marine was predicated on false knowledge. Any competent IP lawyer could have shot them down in a single paragraph.
>>
File: 1446896877433.png (74 KB, 945x557) Image search: [Google]
1446896877433.png
74 KB, 945x557
>>44423752
Yes it does. Those are old irrelevant statements.
>>
>>44439477
Shut up, Carnac.
>>
>>44423826
It is. The Horus Heresy is seen as by the Black Library as "what actually happened", with old fluff like the original HH artbook using the cards and stuff in White Dwarf as how the galaxy in M41 remembers the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>44423981
I love how retards on /tg/ are so touchy about 40k BL and other mateiral in it that they run around screaming NOT CANON with absolutely no evidence on the matter. Face it, the raping of your favorite fluff is completely legit and happens commonly. You're no more special than the Warsies who had the spiked dong of Disney shoved up their ass, or the regular raping of canon done by Marvel.
>>
File: 1446268918488.png (12 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
1446268918488.png
12 KB, 217x232
>>44439524
Fucking kek.
>>
>>44437202
The Codices actually would make sense as less canon material, considering the fluff inside them is shit and more biased than a Space Marine novel.

>Necrons are the biggest threat to the galaxy.
>NO CHAOS IS
>IMPERIUM IS BUILDING MOTHERFUCKING BATTLESHIPS DAILY
>OH YEAH? WELL THE TAU ARE NOW BUILDING CONTINENT SIZED BATTLESTATIONS!
>ORKSORKSORKSORKSORKS

They're literally just a dick measuring contest between the authors.
>>
>>44439725
>>Necrons are the biggest threat to the galaxy.

The Necron codex doesn't say that. It even raises some doubts that if the Necrons can rise in time.

>>NO CHAOS IS

All sources agree that Chaos is the greatest threat

>>IMPERIUM IS BUILDING MOTHERFUCKING BATTLESHIPS DAILY

Why is this an issue?

>>OH YEAH? WELL THE TAU ARE NOW BUILDING CONTINENT SIZED BATTLESTATIONS!

Why is this an issue? The Tau constructed small moon sized orbitals. We have known this since forever.

>>ORKSORKSORKSORKSORKS

No comment.

The admech and Temp codexes are in no way biased in the favour of their factions considering that it mostly shit on their factions.
>>
>>44439796
The point is that the Codex Authors are always one upping each other. They're chock full of crazy shit, like the Imperium constructing fleets with massive battleships without issue despite them supposed to be rare, the Tau constructing massive orbital defenses that are never seen in anything for some reason, the Orks looting a planetoid, Chaos Daemons possessing and blowing up stars, Calgar killing several companies of Night Lords with the "help" of medieval peasants,

Just looking through my old (6th) DA Codex scan, this immediately jumped out as well.

>It seemed akin to a Titan, yet more graceful than any Imperial machine.

The newcomers arrived with guns blazing, and though their storm bolters had little effect, the irresistible blue streak of a plasma blast struck home again and again, at last bringing the giant down onto one knee.
>>
>>44440082
Just to be clear, that quote which I fucked up (starts at the greentext and is everything under it) features a Squad of Deathwing killing an Eldar Titan (this before the Wraithknight got a model, meaning this is at the very least one of the actual Eldar "titan" titans.) with fucking combi-plasmas/plasma cannons.
>>
>>44421984
This nigga is right. Leman Russ should have butt fucked his brother for this traitorous shit
>>
>>44440082
>Codex Authors are always one upping each other.

You mean each faction gets some aspect that makes them good, so that there's no "this faction is the worst, why would you play them"? How can novels be more consistent, when even the authors say they each write about the same character in their own style and these can vary wildly? How is that consistent?

>Imperium constructing fleets with massive battleships without issue despite them supposed to be rare

Where is this said?

>>44440364
Eldar titans are AV12, so S7 has a good chance of killing them. Also, if you think that's terrible, in Storm of Iron a lone chaos terminator with a combi-melta takes on a warhound titan and comes on top.

Also, you do know terminator squads used for anti-titan warfare is a thing, right? It's called the Titanhammer squad.
>>
File: HHranking.png (3 MB, 1605x1964) Image search: [Google]
HHranking.png
3 MB, 1605x1964
>tfw I enjoy the HH series consistently and am glad its replacing the old vague simple paragraph explanations
>>
>>44440840
>McNeil shit

This is why I only like to read ADB. It takes a combination of improvised meltabomb knives, a power sword, missiles, a land raider, and an airstrike all to take down a single warhound titan with everybody only barely surviving.
>>
>>44441146
Agreed. Though I feel the anthologies need to be on there as well. At this point they cover such a large portion of the Heresy that missing all of them is kind of a big deal. Especially Meduson.
>>
>>44441181
>BL is more consistent canon than codexes
>except the novels I don't like, fuck those things

Your logic is showing signs of cracking.

>It takes a combination of improvised meltabomb knives, a power sword, missiles, a land raider, and an airstrike all to take down a single warhound titan with everybody only barely surviving.

Or, you know, some fighters. Or a Leman Russ or two. Or some terminators. Or a hammerhead.

An ICBM can devastate cities, but a lone gunman can kill the crew and render it useless. Titans can't survive very well without massive amounts of support.
>>
>>44441283
Other anon anon.

Also, it depends on the titan. Stuff like the Warlord or Emperor shouldn't care about your puny infantry, tanks, or anything really besides orbital bombers/bombardment.
>>
>>44441181
A commissar killed a Bio-titan with a single shot of his pistol.

(Source "Mont'ka).
>>
File: ANGRYMARINE.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ANGRYMARINE.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>44441315
*twitches*
>>
>>44441305
>lacking in good close support weapons
>shield don't work at close ranges
>main guns can't target at close ranges

The bigger they are, anon.
>>
>>44441315

Maybe it was shot through the eye and into the brain.
>>
>>44441374
While the Emperor Titan Model is probably outdated, looking at Warlord art, it doesn't look that hard for it to shoot stuff under it. The only thing it can't hit is if a baneblade drove up to hump the leg. But it could always just stomp it to death.
>>
>>44441447
>it doesn't look that hard for it to shoot stuff under it

Rules, at least old ones (haven't checked lately), did say titan weapons have a minimum range. And same has been true in fluff.
>>
>>44441490
Real men are willing to fire volcano cannons at point-blank targets.
>>
>>44441530
It's not about willingness and more about just angle of attack.
>>
File: Biotitan vs C'tan.png (909 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Biotitan vs C'tan.png
909 KB, 600x800
>>44441315
A shiny flying naked man wrestled a bio-titan to death. He didn't even get a scratch on him.

Also an Inquisitor in one of the FW IA books killed a Bio-titan on his own.

Bio-titans are really shitty.
>>
>>44441146

Scars is too low, Nemesis, Legion and Galaxy in Flames are too high.
>>
>>44418933
A history on Egptn Monarchs
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 456x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 456x416
>>44439477
>>44439696
I wouldn't put it past Carnac to actually work for BL.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.