[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does any else thing that the ultramarines are good as the sort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Ultra_marines_cover.jpg (99 KB, 589x563) Image search: [Google]
Ultra_marines_cover.jpg
99 KB, 589x563
Does any else thing that the ultramarines are good as the sort of 'archetype' space marine chapter? Sort like super man and the rest of the justice league.

The other marines chapter tend to leaned towards certain themes and gimmicks which makes them interesting in their own right but kind of detracts away from the whole large then life space marine thing. Rather then be space werewolves or space vampires they're just happy to be the most space marine of the space marines around and focus solely on that.
>>
>>44415213
Well yeah, it's kind of their purpose. Also makes them the most Mary Sue legion/chapter.
>>
Of the 1st Founding Chapters, sure.
>>
>>44415414
only cause GW have hacks for writers. Grant Morrison hates 'classic supers' like super man will the passion of a million yellow suns but still handles the guy masterfully.

GW other the other hand has people like matt ward
>>
They're exactly that. And Roman to boot!
>>
>>44415414
Vanilla is the opposite of Mary Sue, Mare Sues are snowflakes.
>>
>>44415981
>And Roman to boot!

In 40K they are the most Mariney Marines, and in HH they were the most legiony legion.
>>
>>44416581
A Mary Sue is a character who's too perfect, has no real flaws, and is obviously there as blatant wish fulfillment. The term's just been ruined by idiot memespouters throwing it at anything they don't like.

All the "greatest of all spess mehreens" shit the smurfs get reeks of Suedom.
>>
File: 116_1637.jpg (47 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
116_1637.jpg
47 KB, 600x431
>>44416581
Mary sue can mean anything as long as it's bad.

>>44416644
>>44416581
Good point. I think it's be down play of late but they use to be be roman as hell.

On that note who are the most 'no nonsense' of the chapters? Not necessary any more smarter or sensible but look and act more like vanilla space troopers then warrior monks?
>>
>>44416732

Crimson Fists? When IF split it was BT = zealots, IF = traditionalists, CF = no nonsense
>>
I like the ultramarines
>>
>>44416814
>>44416814
... Not quite, I don't mean no nonsense is in 'hard core' I'm mean no nonsense.

Basically just hey just trying to act more like the soldiers rather than >>44416814
... Not quite, I don't mean no nonsense is in 'hard core' I'm mean no nonsense no nosense if you get my drift.

Basically just better soldiers rather than religious fanatics.
>>
>>44416988

Raptors, but that kind of ideology doesn't work for space marines as shown by their constant risk of going extinct. When Daemons eat you for praying to the wrong god and SoB can pray their way to invulnerability, not being a religious fanatic is stupid.
>>
>>44417071
I thought their practical approach was because they've been almost extinct several times over.
>>
>>44417185

Maybe, but their original base is Raven Guard who were already pretty practical. It's not like a Raven Guard successor would suddenly behave like the Lamenters or Flesh Tearers.

Also they lost their entire world/chapter to a Black Crusade so maybe it wasn't their fault.
>>
>>44417071
Fuck yeah raptors. They're cool.

I like how they make use of fails candidates for space marines. Because the very fact they survive means they're the best of the best of the best and you have to be crazy not to recognise that even if they're not space marine material. Something that would be simply incomprehendible to the average chapter.
>>
File: pic4.jpg (36 KB, 470x592) Image search: [Google]
pic4.jpg
36 KB, 470x592
>>44417252
>practical
>>
>>44417708
>only primarch smart enough to do drive bys and use a jetpack instead of wading through a sea of mooks and getting beheaded like Ferrus or stepped on by a titan like Angron

Yeah, very practical.
>>
>>44417708
>Curze
>uses throwing knives and non-retractable claws
>skins people for no raisin
>Corax
>has a whip, two pistols, and retractable claws
>not practical
>>
>>44417928
>waded through a horde of mooks (read; gal vorbak) in the first heretic to kill lorgar and then almost got killed by curze

very practical
>>
>>44417928
>leads his sneaky cheeky breeki beakies into an ill-advised, highly uncharacteristic full-frontal assault, because reasons
>surprised when Ravens BTFO
>starts dabbling around with genetics to recoup his losses, what could possibly go wrong?
>gets angsty when shit goes wrong
>goes full emo and fucks off into space

Yep, so intelligent.
>>
>>44417988

We're talking about RG here niggers, are you implying there's a legion that's more practical than them?

>using a situation where Corax is trapped and damaged with his back to the wall as an example

Real good debate skills there captain.
>>
>>44418011
>strawmans
>namefags
>shitposts about his homoerotic fantasies
>calls other people dumb

Just imagine, the way you get triggered and butthurt by corax so hard that you start spewing BL tripe is how the rest of the board feels about you.
>>
>>44417948
No one was claiming senpai was practical, now, were they?
>>
>>44418011
>That Curzefag Who Shits Up Threads

Yep, so intelligent.

>40K Raven Guard modus operandi
>posts image of Corax model as if it were relevant or some kind of salient point

Yep, so intelligent.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
>>
>>44418070

Your claim implied there was someone more practical out of all the primarchs. Name them then. In a discussion about who is the most practical, "non-existent" isn't a fucking answer, retard.
>>
>>44418052
>m-muh BL is non-canon

>>44418108
Serious talk here, as much as I irrationally hate Dorn I'm gonna have to give him this one. Guy was nothing if not straight-up and to the point.
>>
>>44417654
How do they use them?
>>
>>44418228
+1
>>
>>44418544
Support... recon... Logistics... maintenance... You know the stuff doesn't get talked about because it's not punching things is in the face.
>>
>>44417654
Don't all chapters do that, in the form of chapters serfs?
>>
>>44421658
Yeah but they do more then just hold the wine cups.
>>
>>44416732
World eaters if we count traitors
Black Templars if we don't
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.