[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times players screwed themselves over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 51
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 250x250
ITT: Post stories about when you or other players messed up and doomed themselves and/or the party.

>meet shady woman in small fishing village
>hires party to retrieve a rock from the mountains up north
"it's my pet rock"
>for some reason, they accept without questioning much
>after a brief encounter with a frost giant, the party finds a rock in a small pool on the peak
>the druid, in the form of a bear, grabs it
>the snow beneath them begins to shift
>ancient white dragon emerges
>his smile and optimism, gone
>Bearington does the only logical thing
>punts the egg
>nat 1
>egg cracks
>the rest of the party had the sense to run
>the bear tries to do the same
>sadly, Great White is pissed
>PANIC.jpeg
>bear fails a check to hide
>dragon proceeds to nearly kill him
>in a fit of draconic rage, the bear is lifted into the air
"Any last words?"
>given the slightest hope of apologizing and maybe not dying so hard, Bearington does the only logical thing
>flips off the dragon
>another attack and a successful death saving throw ends with the bear holding on by a thread
>dragon flies away from the mountain, bear in claws
>drops bear into village, barreling through roof, landing next to party
>party's fw their mutilated, dying, idiot of a druid destroys their building
>>
bump
this is important
>>
>>44414737
If dying like a bitch is his thing, roll with it.
>>
last bump
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 620x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 620x421
Bumping for lulz
>>
File: ilikewttig2.jpg (65 KB, 475x474) Image search: [Google]
ilikewttig2.jpg
65 KB, 475x474
>>44414737

>Deathwatch
>Players arrive to execute a Navy traitor whose tip-off got another Kill-Team ambushed and killed
>Get to the brig to carry out the judgement, accompanied by the Station Commander
>Arch Magos, who was in the same band as the chaos reavers (something the group did not know at the time) thought the prisoner is going to spill the beans and decides to vent the compartment
>Just a moment before he does that, a group of undercover heretics in disguise shoot the prisoner dead
>Airlocks released
>Most of the heretics are blown out of the compartment and left to enjoy a magnificent orbital vista, Marines give 0 fucks due to power armour and actually manage to save the commander by quick wit and clever solutions
>I'm properly impressed
>Even more so when they burst in the mechanicus temple, don't buy any of ArchMago's bullshit about malfunction and the such and drag him by the collar out of the shrine to to interrogate him later

The following events made me go OP's picrelated:

>The Kill-Team leaves to discuss a private matter with a Deathwatch-affiliated Rogue Trader
>They leave Brother Arkio behind to keep an eye on the Arch Magos
>Brother Arkio is a dutiful warrior, knows a great deal about ripping and tearing enemy's guts, but tends to zone out in situations not involving cutting the Emperor's enemies to shreds
>Following conversation transpires:
>"My Lord, Machine Spirits are calling. I should commence maintenance rites."
>"Very well. Be on your way. Locate some adepts or servitors to accompany you. Be wary. Be vigilant"
>mfw
>The void dock is kept anchored to the moon's orbit by what is essentially an archeotech tractor beam
>Rest of the group arrives
>Notice empty room
>Notice the station is now heavily tilted relatively to the moon's orbit
>Ask Arkio whether these two facts are somehow connected

They rush to the control chamber and stop the Magos seconds before he manages to fling the entire void dock into the capital hive below

I have more
>>
>>44415799
Wait, did the guy think a different Tech-Priest was talking to him, or did he suddenly develop Alzheimer's?
>>
>>44417953
I'm guessing he was just zoning out wishing he didn't have to be space marining today. His feet hurt. He wishes he was killing orkz.
>>
File: 1442159964242.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1442159964242.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>44415799
One job, Brother Arkio. One. Job.
>>
i once had a player make 2 PC's who hated each other, but i only let him play one.

he found a supposed game break, in that he could call his other PC into the presence of the PC he picked to play.

and he did so inside what was essentially a watch-zone of the enemy...

while i had all rights to play his other PC...

wanna hear it?
>>
>>44418725
yes.
>>
File: 1319831344175.jpg (42 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1319831344175.jpg
42 KB, 800x600
>>44417953
I think he just switched to standby mode after all heretics in the brig were taken care of and didn't really register the fact Magos was a rather dodgy guy, willing to vent a compartment with Commander being present there at the time and such.

I must admit, I sort of regret they managed to save the day. Crashing a huge void dock with all the moored ships on an overpopulated hive would have been hilarious.

This was their second mission to gether so they didn't really worked well together as a team yet.

So, the second incident. Same mission.

>Arkio's reasoning was "we only got him for questioning and he had said the fate of entire station depended on him performing the maintenance rites (which was true), so I let him go. It's not like he's going to escape from here, right?"
>This isn't a precise quote, but the gist of it was something along these lines
>The Librarian ABSOLUTELY LOSES HIS SHIT, stopping short of screeching "REEEEEEEE" both IC and OC and nearly cracking his helmet visors with a mighty Astartes-grade facepalm
>Argument gets heated enough they lose some squad cohesion
>They prudently decide it would be more beneficial to continue conversation at a different time and make haste to the control room, grabbing some reinforcement troops along the way
>The void dock is suspended above the moon, anchored by a mighty tractor beam, whereas the control room and grav-generators are just under the surface of the moon below., connected by series of space lifts
>The group manages to use emergency overrides to access the chamber under the moon
>Sure enough, Arch-Magos is behind the console, smashing activation runes with a glee of a toddler battering his first birthday cake
>Somehow manages to convine them the metal dishes roughly 2 meters in diameter, evenly dotting a rather large are, in fact, teleportarium nodes, and he is happy to send them to an undisclosed location where all the bad guys are who need to be killed
>Group agrees
>mfw
>cont
>>
>>44419851
this is fucking hilarious please continue
>>
File: 1451285105050s.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451285105050s.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>44419851

>There is some hestitation, but the group complies on condition the Magos is coming with them
>"Negative. I am needed here. So that's a no"
>Entire group raises their bolters
>"Yes"
>Magos sets up device for activation and grudgingly makes ways towards the marines
>Seconds before the device becomes fully engaged, attempts to jump out o the area
>Rolls and fails
>Brother Arkio gives him a bone-crushing bear hug of doom
>Moment later, grav anchor reaches full power
>Resulting haywire field instantly shuts down everybody's power armour
>Everyone fails their strength test, some falling prone and continue receiving escalating impact damage
>Brother Arkio finally has his revenge, sinking his fingers deep into Magos' neck, his force amplified by increased gravity levels
>Finally, fails his strength test as well and falls over, crushing the unfortunate Magos into a pulp
>They aren't hurt too much yet, but the human reinforcements are nothing but soup in their void suits by this points
>Devastator, burning through fate point rerolls, manages to crawl outside of the the are of effect
>Needs to wait for another round before armour machine spirit engage, his mates not getting any healthier in the meantime
>Entire group yells to him to shutdown the mechanism
>Brother-devastator, Udaris however, being of kind heart and gregarious demeanour, notices one of the collapsed inward voidsuits of human his human allies
>Decides he should the poor mortal
>I don't usually ask this, but decide to make an exception
>"Are you sure?"
>"Yeah"
>Leans over the platform edge to grab the liquified body
>"Roll strength test"
>"Oh"
>Rolls and fails, power armour shuts down again
>mfw
>The Librarian, who was lying on his back and was out of re-rolls after futile attemps to regain his feet, begins rhythmically banging his helmet against the metal floor

I've got more.
>>
>>44420104
This is gold, please continue.
>>
>>44420104
>I've got more.
PLEASE DON'T STOP
>>
>>44414737
>be playing dnd 5e starter set adventure
>my character is a wizard, since I'm the only one with prior roleplaying experience I take the lead in most situations
>Make it to the big mines at the end of the adventure
>We were underleveled but the dwarf player really wanted to find his cousins so fuck it
>big boss at the end of the dungeon is a drow
>my character has an established dislike of elves
>we attack
>get curbstomped
>two characters are unconscious, including mine, other three are now bargaining for their lives
>dwarf player thinks I should be awake for these negotiations, but I should stay tied up in the spiderweb I got caught in "just in case"
>I'd been a bit indiscriminate with thunderwaves early on, the party hadn't really trusted me since
>dwarf casts some healing spell
>big mistake
>I wake up to find the party negotiating with the drow
>negotiating
>with a literal terrorist
>wait until the drow turns his back
>I prepared misty step that morning
>Teleport out of the webs, burn all the charges on my wand of magic missile to kill the fucker
>Now the party just needs to fight their way past his pissed-off minions, and we're still crazy low on health
We managed to scrape by somehow, and I was probably going a bit far into that guy territory, but there was unanimous agreement that the season went well so....

Also I'm aware now that there's a cap on how many wand of magic missile charges you can fire off at once, but when I asked at the time the DM insisted there wasn't. Makes for a pretty neat image though.
>>
File: 1315829991837.png (1 MB, 1246x954) Image search: [Google]
1315829991837.png
1 MB, 1246x954
Sorry for the misspellings, I need to start proofreading my posts.

They eventually managed to free themselves after the squad leader pulled himself toward the console using grapnel gun

>believe it or not, the same mission
>after destroying the picrelated source of corruption in the secret chamber deep beneath the surface of the moon, all the souls it had consumed and bound to itself throughout its long life began oozing murky, dense liquid
>The sludge was a conductor for manifestation of very hungry, angry and tormented wraiths
>The secret underground chamber was swiftly swarmed with the spirits, leaving the Kill-Team no option but to retreat back to the control chamber
>The chamber was a few kilometers below, so they figured they have some time before the shaft is filled with the warp-tainted wraith-spawning sludge too
>It is clear losing the chamber will result in scuttling the station
>This was one of the very few functioning transit hubs between the Iron Collar fortresses and the Salients
>They contact the Rogue Trader from before and ask for more troops and tactical advice
>Turns out, the RT has a stash of stasis tech (which I got from the Lost Dataslate DH splat), including stasis mines and portable stasis field generator
>After some prodding, the Rt agrees to sell the mines and lease the generator at an exorbitant price to the Navy
>Sounds easy enough, group only needs to make sure the gear is transported in good order and hooked to power supply
>They leave behind the Imperial Fist Devastator to hold the line and take the elevator up
>Completely unbeknowest to them, while they were dealing with the eldrich monstrosity, the station had been assaulted by heretics, smuggled in by the late Magos, resulting in unspeakable carnage, multiple acts of sabotage and failure of most critical systems
>As they travel up, they see the station gets nearly torn in half by a pirate vessel's lance strike
>party faces when
>>
File: Head small.jpg (100 KB, 741x576) Image search: [Google]
Head small.jpg
100 KB, 741x576
>>44421454
the thing they were fighting
>>
>>44417953
The "Be wary, be vigilant" suggests the player was screwing with the group.
>>
File: wight.jpg (118 KB, 364x824) Image search: [Google]
wight.jpg
118 KB, 364x824
>>44421454
>it began releasing the souls it had consumed

Anyway
>They eventually locate and save the team hauling the stasis field generator and fight their way though the ruined station, dodging tank shells, concentrated las fire and sharp corners (the assault marine actuallly had to ride the generator using his jet pack for a quick getaway at some point)
>They manage to deliver it just as power cells in last row of the stasis mines delivered earlier dries out
>The Devastator is awash with the warp-conductive sludge, but never taking a step back, dousing the ghouls with holy promethium to little avail as more keep popping up with each passing second as chamber walls bulge and give way to the unceasing tide
>In the meantime, the sludge tried to possess the Devastator (and, to my great despair, failed), but succeeded in infecting a few troopers and reanimating a few downed ones
>Finally, the generator is properly blessed and engaged, trapping few unfortunate troopers like mosquitoes in amber
>Few actually ran into the stasis field after it had been engaged after failing Fear test, but oh well
>High fives all around, we wrap up the session, give some XP and renown
>Squad leader suggests via text all human survivors of the encounter should be detained for quarantine seconds after the call is finished
>Think this is a very cool idea, decide to follow up to see how they handle the "grim" part of inquisitorial business
>Have a comfy text session with everybody present, picking up from the exact moment we had finished, asking to describe in detail their further actions in detail without bringing up the quarantine thing myself
>They bid the troopers farewell and help them to get into their shuttles
>RT bodyguards return to their vessel, which immediately departs
>IG troopers are herded back into transport ships bound for their respective warzones

And this is how my group unleashed a highly contagious warp-borne disease in a major imperial major transprot hub.

got more
>>
File: 1325631792870.png (125 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
1325631792870.png
125 KB, 318x470
>>44414737
>Scion: Hero
>overarching theme is suicide squad/ dirty dozen going on black ops missions
> characters just got together and all have murder collars incase they act uppity against their probation officer Loki
>first mission is to find the cause of (and possibly capture) feral dogs three times their normal size
>characters have two leads. a dog pound with a chihuaua the size of a small pit bull and a nearby park where the chihuaua was picked up.
>park already has a reputation for animal attacks.
>the one armed murderhobo of the group decides to go ALONE to the park while the rest of the party goes to the pound.
>murderhobo has senses (and rolls) good enough to track the feral dog scent down a horse path that goes through the park.
>trail leads to the back yard of a house.
>murderhobo then hops the fence to the house instead of dragging the rest of the party back to the house.
>murderhobo then PUNCHES the electric meter on the side of the house to cut power to what ever security systems are in place and bitches about taking damage.
>actually being subtle this time murderhobo then breaks in to the house through the back door.
>muderhobo then makes his way through the house until he gets to the huge garage connected to the house.
>lo and behold animal cages with huge feral dogs everywhere.
>biggest dog is a great dane the size of a Clydesdale horse in an appropriately sized cage.
"i'm gonna intimidate all of them!"
>scares a few dogs and ROYALLY pisses of the great dane
>shows this by having the great dane snarl and growl at the one armed murderhobo
"i can kill it."
>murderhobo decides to open the cage containing the pissed off great dane that's as big as a large horse.
>murderhobo dies
> player bitches about how unfair it was and decides to quit playing
>great dane now free goes on killing rampage
> death of many innocent people
>rest of party now can't get within a mile of the house because police have cordoned off the area.
>critical mission failure
>>
>>44421789
Pls more.
>>
>>44422122
MOAAAAAAR
>>
>>44422122
It's good he quit when he did, the way you put it...

Maybe you should have told them clearly "This is a serious game, with serious consequences: if you take the piss, you might very well die. So think rationally and be careful."
>>
>Jokingly made an elve tripbuild with a spear
>everything into tripping
>trip party members
>trip enemies
>trip city guards and our captain huntsman (questmaster/fetchguy)
>in a dungeon for hours
>DM introduces final room enemies
>arachnids
>>
File: summer took the balls.gif (2 MB, 290x163) Image search: [Google]
summer took the balls.gif
2 MB, 290x163
>>44418725
>>44418771

OK.

game: oWoD, specifically demon the fallen.

this player made 2 PC's who were hated enemies.
and all the above in my one post was made clear: one PC per player, this is not easy mode, etc....

the guy he picks to play is the soft emo guy, having been convinced by all other players to leave the OMG edgelord of pain at home.

so, i like Mages, but i specifically mention there was a coffee shop where mages gather, but only to meet...it's not "Mages only" and has plenty of other compatriots.

i really lay it on that no one fucks around at this place, especially recently. despite this, player decides to fuck with the Kisaten Sempai by having him read the true name of the other madhouse demon...which opens a telepathic link, per rules. however, Sempai is both A: logical enough to not start a war but is B: not quite onto this enough to not conceal his location from the edgedemon.

a specific mage gets up and leaves, some BG character...

player thinks he's gonna wreck the shop....oh, just wait.

so, the edgelord shows up, and in the ensuing escalating argument, a gun goes down emo's throat. most the patrons leave the shop or take cover as it ends in one guy going full demon in public, but goign down to initiative whether the bullet in the throat kills the human or thumps the demon.

edgelord wins, a human is killed in a shop, at this point, sempai gives a warning and fucking leaves. and, the player takes PC number two....
edgelord goes out in the street....like a man.
as it turns out, the technocracy has been watching for some time (hence, no shit happened)
after a gun battle with the cops, the Technocracy embedded in the cops decides to call in the latest suport once th eastreets clear and paradox is less an issue.

6 fire linked Hit Mks and one round of great dice roll combat later, the edgelord demon, in his full power, takes 32 points of aggrivated damage.

one coffee shop down, player looses 2 finecraft characters in 30 minutes IRL....
>>
>>44425596
>Technocracy saves the day, again
>>
File: Excusemewtfrudoin.jpg (34 KB, 605x474) Image search: [Google]
Excusemewtfrudoin.jpg
34 KB, 605x474
Thanks for encouragement. Deathwatch guy again.

>Kill-Team is deployed to eliminate a renegade marine on a feral/desert world which has been isolated from the imperium for a couple of millenia, but reportedly remained loyal
>4 vs 1, sounds easy enough, right?
>At some point, they encounter a group of local nomadic population who use subterran extradimensional tunnels left behind by the long-gone Necrons to travel around safely
>The nomads seem to venerate the Emperor and agree to guide the Kill-Team to ancient hive city ruins, presumably where the assassination target is hiding
>After entire day of journey, the nomads set up a camp in a large cavern, tuck in for the night
>In the meantime, one nomad amost kills himself attempting to joyride Librarian's bike and one middle-aged guy kept pestering the Kill-Team, trying to trade his wives for astartes camo-cloaks
>Eventually, the camp falls asleep save from few people standing watch by cave's entrance
>The middle-aged guy is sound asleep a bit away from the main camp
>Brother Arkio decides it would be a good time to slake his Red Thrist and decides it would be a good time to feed on delicious fresh blood
>Creeps in to the middle-aged guy
>After a moment of hesitation, readies his knife
>Pierces man's bare foot
>Camp is awaken by a shriek of pain and terror
>Thinking they are under attack by cavern fauna, camp is put on alert, everybody grabs their weapons, lights are hastily lit to illuminate the area and both the nomads the marines converge on the source of the scream
>They see Brother Arkio frozen in place, bloodied knife in his hand, starting around akwardly and the middle-aged man, clutches his bleeding foot, pointing finger at the marine and screaming something unintelligible in a local dialect of low gothic
>group's face when
>Brother Arkio looks around and awkwardly begins explaining himself:
>"Well, you see, Blood Angels and their successors suffer from a malaise known as the Red.."
cont?
>>
File: 1320534345381.gif (2 MB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
1320534345381.gif
2 MB, 250x158
>>44415799
>I have more
Do continue then.
>>
File: 1379833046855.gif (3 MB, 352x184) Image search: [Google]
1379833046855.gif
3 MB, 352x184
>>44427044
Fucking do it already
>>
File: Maw.jpg (537 KB, 2391x1287) Image search: [Google]
Maw.jpg
537 KB, 2391x1287
>>44427044

>Brother Arkio's disclosure of one of the most closely-guarded chapter secrets is interrupted by emergence of an actual arachnoid monster, drawn to the camp by the commotion
>It is quickly taken care of, and so Arkio turns around to the (now slightly panicked) nomads and his Battle-Brother and continues:
>"So, as I was saying, the Red Thi.."
>Before he can finish, more monsters emerge
>By the time the encounter is finished, most nomads are dead and the survivors are too busy being terrified to remember the original incident
>The group decides to investigate the breach to see where the monsters came from

What transpired later is a short history how group's Librarian almost managed inadvertedly destroy most of Deathwatch operating in the Jericho Reach due to misplaced heroism.
>>
File: muh shield maiden.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
muh shield maiden.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>44424300
do you and I have the same DM?

>First campaign ever
>roll beguiler
>DM proceeds to throw every mindless/nonhuman/mindfucking character in the book at party
>MFW
>>
>>44428376
>those repeated GM *ahems when the player is about to do something extremely retarded and lore changing

I fucking lol'd.
>>
File: 1444300833648.jpg (183 KB, 900x950) Image search: [Google]
1444300833648.jpg
183 KB, 900x950
>>44428509
>>44428376
He forgot the part where the Squad Leader shoved a log Arkios as... ahem... JET PACK EXHAUST to stop it from becoming worse.
>>
>>44414737
>give players fetch quest to bring back a magic sword
>sword is cursed, but not obviously so
>quest giver offers far less than its apparent worth.
>players run off with the sword instead of bringing it back
>quest giver knew about the curse, "forgot" to mention it, precisely because he wanted the party to have said cursed relic as part of his own schemes.
>>
>>44424300
Can I check your party rogue's pack? I think my sides might be in there.
>>
>>44423420
Moar? It would require story times
>>
>>44430886
Do it

This thread isn't dying if I have anything to say about it
>>
>>44430935
Alright. Try to keep the thread alive until midnight central time. I'm at work and need to organize my thoughts on how best to tell this story.
>>
>>44429559

Railroading piece of shit detected.
>>
File: 1450836841499.jpg (71 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1450836841499.jpg
71 KB, 720x404
>>44431145
Bump
>>
>>44433898
Bump
>>
I'll post a few more if the thread survives until morning
>>
Oh, yeah, that reminds me of the one time we were playing a Star Wars d20 game and our merc crew lands on a planet where the guys in charge are as backstabby as we are.
Now, as soon as we land, the dude that owns the place comes up, and I can tell from a mile away that this dude is set to screw us over to the Empire.
I call it both in and out of character, and tell the other guys that it would be a better idea to kill him or go somewhere else- they've killed people for less, we're not exactly playing good characters and I'm the 'nicest'.
In fact, the so-called Jedi smoked an entire cruise barge by turning off the life support for the EXP (which he didn't end up getting, by the way).
But for some inconceivable reason, they think it's a good idea to listen to this guy, and we leave, I grudgingly go with them because they knew if I stayed I'd take the ship and go somewhere safer.
We do our shady work, try to go back to the ship, guess who sold us the fuck out.
We got our ship back, but I made sure I got my chance to say I fucking told them so.
>>
>>44428376
>>44427044
Holy fuck I'm actually crying from reading these. All I can see is Brother Arkio zoning out over anything not related to the red thirst or melee-ing things.
>>
First real game of dark heresy.
>Governor of agri world is heretic for reasons.
>Bust into his place curbstomp guards like a team. Can't find his heresy!
>Guardsman (me) finds trap door under rug. DM describes as a ten meter ladder leading into darkness.
>Arbiter goes down first. Assassin follows.
>Assassin heard ten feet, wants to do super cool flip-never mind, five degrees of fail. Breaks his legs on the ground, knocks down arbiter.
>Growling and giggling from darkness. Ass and arbite try to stand.
>Cleric one hears noises, flashlights a demon in darkness. Loses his shit and falls onto first two.
>Cleric two looks down, fails fear and goes berserk! Tries to murder part NPC.
>Scum rifle clubs him down the hole to save NPC, lands on top of party.
>Party all in critical with two unhurt demons in a hole in the ground.
>Me:So...let's not go down there. Plan b?
>Plan b is always explosives.
>>
Bump, this thread can't die.
>>
>>44436880
More or less what happened to a pack of militia I was leading through a hive, except I was saved by the inquisitor and our elevator fell off the hive.
>>
File: 1430871611417.jpg (23 KB, 436x365) Image search: [Google]
1430871611417.jpg
23 KB, 436x365
>>44431145
It's almost midnight buddy, you better get here.

We're waiting.
>>
>New York Noir/Cthulu suspense
>They've been following clues and evidence to figure out who's the BBEG
>Once they figured it out, also found out about a serial arsonist
>Multiple instances of evidence correlating the him and the BBEG
>Final session, BBEG's been trying to summon Dagon atop a skyscraper
>Can't go in the streets due to cursed rain, going through sewers
>They notice smoke and a fire from a building on their way over
>I make sure to emphasize this a lot

>Instead they just ignore it and continue to the skyscraper
>Halfway through they detect smoke in the same skyscraper
>Again they ignore it under, "Probably just that guy out there, we should prioritize this."
>They defeat BBEG
>Half the party dies in the escape because the skyscraper collapsed from fire
>That collective facepalm

Even they realized how oddly dumb it was of them afterwards.
>>
>>44439110
You're not the only one. Third shift is late.
>>
File: th4FDJOWV0.jpg (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
th4FDJOWV0.jpg
6 KB, 150x150
>>44439110
better late than never.

to start off let me explain that
1. none of us had played Scion before. sure we'd all had experience with DnD and some oWOD but we hadn't given Scion a go yet.
2. this all happened during the 2nd session and more or less set the tone for the future.
>>
File: scion1.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
scion1.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>>44440075
dramatis personae

Peter Culpepper- International catburglar and scion to the Amatsukami spider queen Jorogumo (a house ruled god), in this suicide squad serving penance for gravely disrespecting the kami.

Faustina Odinsdottir- Norwegian ex-military and daughter of odin, in the suicide squad serving penance for having killed a fellow scion for not being ready for Ragnarok.

One arm murderhobo (here after known as Bob because he didn't survive the session)- American ex-spec ops and son of Tyr. In the suicide squad serving penance for having tried to set Fenris free with the purpose of killing Fenris and thus avoiding Ragnarok.

after having barely succeeded their last mission the group the group is getting their orders from Loki in his office at the Internal Affairs section of the local police department.

Loki tells the party that there's been a rash of dog attacks and disappearances at a park located at a town upstate. the last attack animal control was able to capture the dog and it appears to be a Chihuahua.

a Chihuahua the size of a pit bull

that needed 3 high powered tranqs to be calmed down.
>>
>>44433642
The party choose to run of with the sword.. gee.. sure sounds like railroading
>>
File: scion2.jpg (119 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
scion2.jpg
119 KB, 400x400
>>44440353

At this point Bob takes exception to being Lokis bitch. even after knowing he has an invisible collar around his neck that will rip his intestines up to his head and condense them there before completely imploding leaving a nice coat of beef stroganoff paint across the room. the ST at that point probably thought "you know killing a player 3 minutes into the game does not sound like a fun night." so instead he nerfed Loki down a bit to where Loki instead blowing the guys brains away calmly pulls out his sword and pins bob to the wall.

"this is your only warning Bob. don't piss me off."

"whatever Loki."

at this point Faustina and Culpepper convince Bob that dying is a bad idea. Loki finishes the briefing with "find out what the hell is going on and see if you can bring one of those dogs back to me." and then he shoos the party out.
Culpepper rides with Faustina on her relic Harley she calls "Van Halen" while Bob rides with Faustinas myrmidons she acquired the previous session in their Humvee.
when they get to town Bob goes to the park to see if he can track by scent where this Chihuahua came from. Faustina and Culpepper went to the local dog pound where the Chihuahua was kept to check that it actually was in fact a pit bull sized Chihuahua and not something else.
Bob uses predatory focus to "sniff" out any unusual scents and to follow them. after the session the ST told everybody he set the difficulty at 8 successes and Bob rolled 9 successes.
Bob then leaving the myrmidons behind followed his nose down a combined bike/horse path that lead through the park and out into suburbia. after about 2 miles the trail finally veers off the path into a fenced backyard and up to a house with a huge 2 story garage attached to it. Bob then hopped the fence and walked up to the house to look inside the windows to see if anybody was home. after seeing that no one was around he went to the side of the house to the electric meter and proceeded to punch it.
>>
File: scion3.jpg (223 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
scion3.jpg
223 KB, 500x720
>>44440761
ST: So you're just going to punch an electric meter with LIVE current going through it while wearing a metal studded gauntlet?

Bob: Yup.

ST: kay.... it's destroyed and you take 5 lethal damage as your ass gets shocked.

Bob: but the wires are all grounded I shouldn't take any damage

ST: there's now loose live wires as you pull your hand back. you take 5 lethal damage.

Bob: FINE! I soak three of it.

Bob then made his way back to the back of the house and broke in through the back door which lead into the kitchen. out of all the doors in the kitchen that lead through to the rest of the house bob chose to go through the door that lead into the two story garage.

there he sees the kennels and immediately doesn't care about anything else in the garage. there's about six kennels and each of them has a dog in it at least the size of a dire wolf rangin in breeds from german shepard to pit bull to Doberman.

except for the last one. the last one has "betsy" in it.
>>
File: scion5.png (4 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
scion5.png
4 MB, 1920x1440
>>44441003
"Betsy" is a Great Dane.
"Betsy" is the size of a large Clydesdale horse
"Betsy" is a Nemean great dane wearing a very CHEAP muzzle and according to the ST after this session was the wet nurse to all these dogs which allowed them to get to the size that they were.

Bob: i'm gonna use Animal Ken to intimidate them and assert my dominance.

ST: kay???? roll for it.....

Bob rolls and is able to intimidate the smaller dogs, the larger ones are now cautious, and "Betsy" well...

She's pissed.

ST: some of the smaller dogs look scared the larger ones are have their ears back but are still slightly growling at you and the huge great dane is snarling angrily at you.

Bob: ok i'm gonna open the cage

ST: WHAT?!?

Bob: i'm gonna open the cage and fight it.

ST: are you SURE? you're out in essentially the middle of no where. all the neighbors are at work at this point because it's 3pm and you're going to open the cage to a great dane the size of a horse that's growling at you. are you SURE you want to do that?

Bob: Yes.

ST: *sigh* dude reroll your character.

Bob: welp i'm not playing anymore

after about an hour arguing whether he'd be able to fight it (which he wouldn't) bob player decides that he's done playing for the night and would reroll a character for the next session. bobs player to this day is still bitter about his character dying and (a few weeks after all this went down) turned down the STs offer to actually play out Bobs ass kicking because Bobs layer is that confident that Bob could fight Betsy.
>>
>>44441248
Uh mate. The Scion could easily take down a horse with Epic Dex 1, Epic Strength 1, and Epic Stamina 1. Or just Epic Dex 1. Hell you can spend legend points to dodge just about anything in Scion that's not from something with an exponentially higher amount of automatic successes.

I should know, I played a Scion of Ares once in a game where we accidently became the Avengers after saving New York from terrorists. I grappled a tank and won. I also suplexed a cultists into a shoggoth to kill them both. That game was really really silly.

Scions are scary powerful if you know just the basic rules for the game.
>>
>>44441314
Nemean Great Dane. not an actual horse but a great dane the size of a large horse with fuck ton of soak that he apparently planned on punching to death
>>
>>44440714

Manipulating the information available to the party so that only one (bad) course of action seems reasonable is stealth railroading, you shitty apologist.

If I write down in my GM notes, that the vizier is actually the Big Bad and is subtly plotting the nation's downfall and trying to use the PCs as pawns, and give no indication of this whatsoever, making him seem perfectly good and honest and true no matter how suspicious and what skills or spells the players use to detect his schemes, I'm railroading just the same, even if they always had the "option" of attacking him, or turning down his requests.
>>
>>44428376
>>44427044

I need to know.

Is Arkios's Player actually retarded?
>>
>>44428376
>>44427044
I need to more of this story.

>>44442219
I must also know this.
>>
>>44442219
I can assure you I am not.

That event happened several months ago, and I have been living in shame ever since, attempting to repent for that error. For the most part, I like to think I've been somewhat successful.
>>
>>44439154
FIRE CANT MELT STEEL BEAMS
>>
File: nope.png (1 MB, 6836x10000) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
1 MB, 6836x10000
Hi guys, Deathwatch guy again.

Below is the story how poor judgement and poor rolls almost crippled Deathwatch operations in the Jericho Reach

>After reaching a derelict hallway and fighting some hulking monstrosities, one of which almost chew off Devastator's head (followed by the comments how he doesn't use it anyway) as well as finding some scraps of parchment and derelict dataslates the group finds itself in a large square room after passing a statue of an Astartes in Heresy-era armour
>Slightly stained and covered by chewmarks, but nonetheless functioning siege auspex detects all three walls are rather thin with large hollow areas beyond them
>WE DnD NOW.jpg
>Exited by the prospect of uncovering more ancient secrets and plunder, the group decides to start with the chamber just in front of them
>By this point, however, the squad leader grows increasingly restless, insisting dungeon crawl isn't their mission objective and everyone should vacate the premises posthaste, but is not too vocal about it
>I have indeed stuffed the dungeon with TPK-grade enemies, but that's beside the point
>Devastator, Assault and Librarian start demolishing the wall while Tactical stands by, ranting how they have more important things to do
>First layer of the stone wall peels off, revealing adamantium gates and skull-and-cog symbol of Adeptus Mechanicus
>Silent hum suggestes the gates are still powered by some unknown means
>To this day, I am not sure whether the call was result of natural caution or the players became too familiar with my tricks
>There is half a second of consternation, after which Kill-Team collectively goes NOPE and turns around
>Brother Arkio even began frantically putting the displaced stones back in place
>Brother Balthasar, the black shield squad leader, nearly starts running in circles and flailing arms, urging everybody to GTFO immediatelly, repeating "I told you, I fucking told you."
>cont
>>
File: 1201709582710.gif (34 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1201709582710.gif
34 KB, 100x100
>>44442219
>>44442326
Turns out, he wasn't aware Red Thrist that much of a secret OC. My explanation was met with "oh", but we still rolled with it since I don't do retcons.
It was his action of bundling krak grenades with repair cement which allowed them to rescue void dock commander from a vented compartment, so it's all well, but group came to accept it's better to point Arkio towards object of purging and stay clear while the blender is on

Anyway

>Everybody drops what they were doing and move towards the exit, especially after auspex reading confirm there is active machinery, most likely a powerful cogitator, beyond the gates
>Everybody backs down
>Everybody, except the Librarian
>Now, let me tell a bit about the Librarian: he's an attentive lore-savvy guy, good at picking out details, easily one of the most reasonable, if short-tempered members of the group and most of the time careful as well as keeping his stuff to himself
>I've never even seen him pushing his powers and the dice gods seem to favour him in terms of him managing to avoid both perils and phenomena thoughout the entire campaign
>However, being a Librarian, his sense of right and wrong are non-existant, his barely-restrained curiosity only aggravating thte issue
>>
>>44442464
That seems like an incredible overreation to a sealed door. Just what on Earth did you do to them before this?
>>
>>44443064
> As the Magos leads you down into the depths of the moon towards the power generator, he begins cackling madly as your armour shuts down and the inescapable force of gravity begins to crush your bones. Roll for initiative as chaos cultists worshiping the giant rotten head in the basement surge from dark corners.
>Daemons assail you as the Void Dock slowly begins its descent to the moon, unable to support itself without the power generator which Brother Arkio is surfing through low-orbit in the hopes it can be plugged into the stasis generator.
>Warp-nightmares of terror
>Inquisitor speculating exactly what's underneath Brother Arkio's helmet.
>Constant treachery and mystery

>The fact that it's a goddamn Admech door, beyond which an infinite amount of technological marvels lurk.
>The fact that those infinite marvels would very much like to stay undiscovered.
>Not a single one of us has tech-use trained, and our techmarine falls out of the webway about two weeks after the incident.

In general, poking the foreboding door seemed like an awful idea.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (70 KB, 260x491) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
70 KB, 260x491
>>44443064
I was as surprised myself.
Eldrich soul-devouring xeno, possession, suspicious inquisitors and tank drive-bys in confined environments are bread and butter for Deathwatch marines.

I think I should mention Arkio hails from the Angels Sanguine chapter and was concerned when he found out their inquisitorial handler had his late master exsanguinated in Erioch as the latter attempted to investigate the heresies of Lazoreth the Faceless.

Anyway,

>Having spent considerable amount of time building the dungeon and not wanting to see my bad ideas go to waste, I casually remind them it's been 5 to 7 millenia since any imperial body graced the world with their presence and AdMechs are either not aware of this facility or, if they are, they will probably never know
>My feeble attempts to nudge them towards certain death are dashed as the team starts noping away, disregarding my explanations entirely
>Now, Oinor the Librarian has a habit of making psyniscience scans every so often to avoid any unpleasant surprises, something which had served the group well so far
>Finds it would be a good time to roll another one
>Success.jpg
>Brother Oinor detects faint traces of psychic energy lingering in the depths of the chamber beyond the adamantium gates
>Figures the machinery has more to it than meets the auspex
>And so he does what any reasonable person in his place would do in his place
>He attempts to establish a telepathic link with the entity
>Borderline insane semi-sentient archeotech cogitator with psy-powers, locked up in a small chamber for a few millenia doesn't take kindly to the perceived intrusion
>In fact, it unleashes its hateful fury upon Brother Oinor's mind
>Librarian fails opposed WP test and is violently ejected from the psy-network
>Backlash results in minor phenomena, deafening half of the Kill-Team while the Librarian collapses unconscious
>Pic related, top is Librarian, bottom is Squad Leader's reaction
>cont
>>
File: 1221340216024.jpg (48 KB, 598x398) Image search: [Google]
1221340216024.jpg
48 KB, 598x398
>>44443781
>as surprised as the next guy
derp

>Kill-Team, not quite sure what happened, is swiftly moving out of the room
>Librarian comes round, leans against the gates and gestures for others to move on, saying he'll catch up with them in a moment
>They do
>Devastator has second thoughts and decides to hang back and protect the Librarian, who is conscious, yet still blind and deaf
>Arkio and Balthasar are already in the hallway leading to the camp, thinking they got away just in time
>But the cogitator apparently has had enough of this shit
>With a loud rumble eastern wall of the chamber collapses inward as few dozen of dog-sized biomechanical constructs surge towards the Librarian
>Devastator, being in the middle of the room, swiftly douses the incoming horde with the holy promethium, buying some time for the Librarian to make it for the exit
>Room entrance is a perfect chokepoint to contain the horde, however the Devastator decides he'll activate his chapter ability instead to give him bonuses for defence and will hold his current position as the crack in the wall expands, letting more creatures in
>"Are you sure? Horde's move speed is X, which means it will close in next round. It also has Overwhelming trait, which means +2d10 bonus to damage rolls"
>"Yeah, it's okay"
>Come next round, devastator goes into negatives, collapses on the floor and disappears below the tide of chitin and servo-motors
>Kill-Team quickly devises a plan to save the Devastator
>Not being able to see him beneath the layer of creatures, they decide the grenades would be the quickest way to clear the area
>cont
>>
I have a buddy that constantly keeps secrets from the rest of the PCs/NPCs. Vital information. Information that will make him not dead.

Example:
>Be last night
>Playing Out of the Abyss
>His character contracts lycanthropy
>Knows cleric indebted to us
>Goes to ask cleric to remove lycanthropy
>Doesn't want to say "I have lycanthropy, can you remove it?"
>Proceed to 10 minutes of:
>"So I have an affliction, I need you to remove it?"
>"What kind of affliction?"
>"A nasty kind"
>"Okay, but what is it?"
>"An affliction, of sorts"
>"Uh huh, right, an affliction, but what kind of affliction?"
>Cut to party screaming OOC "JUST TELL HIM WHAT IT IS! SAY THE FUCKING WORDS!"

Other examples include shit like:
>Come from one town over that was ravaged by demons
>Party welcomes him back "So how did things go?"
>"oh you know."
>DM OOC "Do you tell them about the demons?
>"No"
>"You know the demons are heading straight for this town right?"
>"Yeah, I'm not gonna say anything, though."
>>
>player characters get involved in classic murder mystery on a boat!
>said murder mystery involves a ritualistic killing
>said boat is part asylum/part cruise liner supervised by the Sisters of Battle
>guardswoman has been acting odd since touching a chaos artifact last mission
>psyker/assassin wannabe immediately sets out to prove her innocence
>despite she hating his guts for getting her best mate killed
>best mate's player has rolled up a self-serving techpriest
>techpriest informs Sisters of party's status as Inquisition and how last mission went
>enhanced interrogation techniques commence, execution kept off due to Inquisition status
>last pc, actual assassin, has been carving symbols of his kills into flesh due to malignancies
>the unfortunate choice to carve a crude symbol of Slaanesh into skin is revealed
>assassin executed, guardswoman never really questioned and let go, techpriest lauded, and psyker/assassin vindicated
>no one pursues it further
>next session guardswoman kills psyker/assassin, goes on to become nigh unkillable necrophagic daemon vessel
>>
File: 1296037331795.jpg (94 KB, 563x563) Image search: [Google]
1296037331795.jpg
94 KB, 563x563
>>44444228

>They lob a grenade in the general direction of where they believe the Devastator should be and luckily miss, thus avoiding finishing him off and clearing a small area, revealing Devastator's arm
>What happened next became a saltmine for the tactical who is still rambling about the incident to this day
>Librarian dashes towards the Devastator
>Passes the strength test to lift and throw him towards the exit
>Then runs in the opposite direction from an easily defensible chokepoint, deeper into the dungeon and away from the group in an attempt to draw the horde away
>The horde catches up with him and thrashes him deep into negatives
>After one round, librarian is kill
>When the rest of the group see his vitals go flat, they detonate a melta bomb to seal off this portion of the chamber and proceed with the mission
>Librarian burns a FP to survive, awaking elsewhere without his gear, but with Autosanguine talent

And this is how my favourite cogitator obtained a psychic hood and spread itself using corrupted autosanguine, which was detected only after a several system meltdowns of Erioch Watch-Fortress' machine spirits.
>>
>>44447260
>Librarian burns a FP to survive, awaking elsewhere without his gear, but with Autosanguine talent

Sorry, never played 40K, what does this mean exactly?
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
>>
File: unprepared GM.png (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unprepared GM.png
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>44414737
I tried DMing for the first time a couple days ago, and there was definitely a couple things that could have gone better.

>"So, you've slain the yeti and have returned to the top of the mine. Where will you go from here?"
>The group of three players all split up
>One guy tries to steal a potion that is in a kitchen filled with five gnomes that are constantly running back and forth around, and to, the potion
>The other guy decides to follow tracks of the yeti they killed out of town and beyond the protective barrier into the frozen north
>Campaigns notes says Manticore attacks
>He's a level three life cleric with no damage spells and a 1d6 mace who is 200 feet away from town
>Tries to first grapple the Manticore, then attack it
>No one else knows where he is
Now, this was a holiday-themed adventure, and at the beginning, the party had been given a powerful spell that could only be used once, and it could change an evil character to a NG character.
>Last two party members find BBEG in town
>Extremely powerful mage who will indiscriminately attack anyone around him
>One PC decides to hide in a crowd of ten villagers so that the BBEG (who they've seen is clearly evil, or at least a violent, mind-controlling, yeti-enticing villain) can't see him
>He takes full damage from a fireball spell
>Is knocked unconscious and 10 villagers all instantly die
>Next PC's turn
>They still have the spell
>"I'm going to shoot him with an arrow!"
They managed to survive, but at what cost?
>>
>>44447292
Each player starts with a number of so-called fate points, which can be spent or burned.
Spending FPs grants either re-rolls, bonuses to tests or allows to immediately recover from negative status effects such as stun or fatigue.
Burning allows a player to survive certain death (including diving head-on into plasma reactor core) by the narrowest margin, coming up with the fluff bullshit to justify it is entirely up to the DM.
>>
>>44447500
Thanks, so burning means you can never regain it?
>>
>>44447548
Correct.

Technically, DM can grant them in truly extraordinary circumstances, but this doesn't really happen.
>>
>Playing a Star Wars RPG
>one character likes showboating
>we are fighting the crime syndicate that led to this characters exile in his backstory
>tankiest character is engaged with the mob boss, both him and the both have significant damage on them
>the game's initiative works by each player rolling to determine their initiative order relative to the NPC's, but the slots can then be taken by any player in any order
>the tank has a pretty solid chance, unless he rolls badly, of taking down the boss next go
>but no, the other character wants to showboat
>after about a five minute discussion, with the showboaty player arguing that wanting to kill this guy himself is part of his motivation
>eventually the tank backs down and the other character takes his initiative slot
>rolls a critical failure
>his attack hits the tank instead because their weapons are locked together
>tank rolls a d100 to determine the outcome of the crit
>he's blind
>the boss takes the next go and cuts the tank down
>blame is fired across the table until the showboat player gets up and leaves
>>
File: 1258881951942.jpg (63 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1258881951942.jpg
63 KB, 500x359
>>44448301
>showboat player gets up and leaves
at least the problem solved itself
>>
>>44448301
>showboating in a game where luck is a huge factor
Well that's dumb
>>
>>44447309
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/All_Guardsmen_Party
these aren't fuck ups, bro, AGP is actually well-written and well-executed campaign.
Thanks for linking though I guess
>>
File: th.gif (101 KB, 640x608) Image search: [Google]
th.gif
101 KB, 640x608
My group fucked up so hard that they caused global nuclear warfare. They then decided to play in the post apoc world, and since I wanted to keep up the fun, I let them play Exalts and Demigods.

>Group is charged with getting to a place 400 miles away and to never stop during the trip no matter what
>Group consists of: Walter the Solar Night Caste, Pete the Son of Zeus, and Alex the Son of Hades
>Walter packs up the car he spent a month making out of literal scraps of metal
>Ask for a list of what they're taking
>Guns, bullets, explosives, clothing, food, water, etc etc
>No fuel listed
>It begins.jpg
>Car drives along and they eventually start to run out of gas in a destroyed city
>Place looks like something out of Chernobyl
>They all start getting the feeling of being watched and Walter notices something moving in the buildings
>Jumps out of the car and walks up the wall casually to investigate
>Meanwhile Alex is asleep in the car, so there's only Pete and one of Alex's henchmen
>Pete starts noticing stuff too as they're camped on an overpass with the car
>He pushes the car with Alex in it asleep into an alleyway and then climbs up a building to camp for the thing hunting them with the henchman
>they find a room and barricade the door
>Henchman is getting a bit scared and has his back to a concrete wall
>Pete starts trying to find where Walter went and then turns to look back at the Henchman
>Throat slit as blood pours out of it, he's gasping for help
>Pete grabs the guy and tosses him into the back of the car and pushes the car back into the open, waking Alex up
>>
>>44449835
Meanwhile
>Walter starts searching the place and hears a voice talking to him
>He walks down the stairs and finds the webbing, lots of webbing
>Spider monsters pull him into a pocket dimension in their webbing
>He proceeds to murder them in seconds
>He heads down stairs and sees the symbol of Malfeas on the wall as he hears someone singing in Old Realm
>Starts to talk back and scares the person so much that roars explode around the city

>Walter legs it at max speed back to the car to regroup
>Demons, demons everywhere begin to pour out
>They got less than a minute to make a plan
>He gets to Pete and Alex and realize they're fucked
>So fucked
>40+ demons heading their way, they'll die from sheer numbers of these things
>Pete has an idea
>Everyone pours into the car as Pete activates his super mode
>Grabs the back of the car and pushes his Excellencies to max
>Rolls Willpower to boost his strength and gets 9 successes with 10 dice, boosting his Feats of Strength up by 9 rankings to literally off the charts
>Totals at 28 Feats of Strength
>I open up Wolframalpha and Scion book
>He needs 16 strength to throw a car, and 21 to throw it one handed
>He has 28 so he can throw it like a baseball
>Throws it at max range with huge penalty but he's the Son of Zeus so he's an amazing thrower
>Rolls and passes
>The car goes flying through the air
>He grabs the back and pulls himself up
>Do physics to calculate the speed
>Him and Alex start blasting fire and wind to travel further
>Travel 700 yards
>Reach over 180mph as they sail through the air
>Slam into the ground at terminal velocity
>Alex and Pete have soak charms
>Walter does not
>Walter is knocked out but spends willpower to remain conscious
>Explosives are in the back of the car along with gun powder
>Huge explode and only Walter was near it because the others weren't strapped down
>Perfectly dodges it, back to the explosion as the other two stare in amazement
>Immediately passes out right afterwards
>>
>>44414737
>looking for undercover vampire assassin
>fucker has been taking out nobles sympathetic to our cause and his next mark was at this party
>players meet up with their inquisitor contact they never met face to face with
>find him in a heap of dead guards missing most of his gear
>dude clearly looks like he has been through some shit and is bleeding from several wounds
>tries to explain that the vamp was through here and they couldn't hold it back
>one player cuts him off mid sentence to beat him to death with a nearby chair
>"You really need to work on your GMing man, it's obvious he was the vamp."
>they pat each other on the back on a job well done and head back to the party
>just in time to see a guy in bloodied church regalia stepping out of their charge's study

I love these guys to tears but good god, they are dumb.
>>
>>44449850
The group is nothing but bad decision making and idiotic ideas.

Like when they found petrified people when they were near starving and Pete wanted to eat these "stone sausages".
Or when Alex asked Walter to make him a boat out of skin, when he meant the snake skin they had found, while Walter was limit breaking. Walter broke into his room, tied him up, and started to skin him alive. He was only stopped when Pete heard a noise and in his paranoia, decided it was what killed the town and charged through the entire building to find it. He didn't stop for the walls and hit Alex while Walter dodged it.

Then there was when Pete discovered Vampire blood. See Pete is basically /fit/ incarnate, brains and all. And he found out Vampire blood made you even stronger. Initially he refused but after an Elder Ventrue drugged him, he realized how amazing it was and began to drink all the vampire blood he could find. INCLUDING THE ONE THE COUNT GAVE HIM WITH A PERSONAL MESSAGE.
And that's how Pete became a ghoul to an elder Ventrue. Who then ordered him to kidnap Alex to help him kill Walter after Walter insulted him.
>>
>>44414737
>Dark Heresy
>we are sent to some mining station in bumfuck nowhere to find and retreive the Inquisitor's agent who's gone missing
>the Techpriests who run the place seem skeezy as fuck
>me and another fellow Techpriest PC sneak into the temple, blunder a little then are immediately captured and taken to be locked in a freezer where the Inquisitor's missing agent is busy not trying to freeze to death
>the Head Magos who's obviously a fucking heretek at this point comes to gloat in our face or something
>I get a bright idea, toss a frag grenade at our feet and book it out of the freezer
>I somehow managed to miss the fact that the whole freezer is a 3m x 3m room at most
>the Inquisitor's agent and the other Techpriest PC are obliterated (PC was out of Fate points)
>Magos tanks it all, turns out to be a fucking False Man, e.g. completely mechanic, with half a ton of armour under his robes
>start shooting at it with my Hellgun to literally no effect
>False Man casually walks up to my Techpriest as I literally scramble against the wall, futilely trying to get away
>hoses me the fuck down with a Rad Cleanser until my Techpriest ceases to move
>at this exact moment the rest of the party breaks the door down and valiantly charges the False Man, failing to even put a dent in it
>we are only saved from TPK by an Inquisition task force actually sent to arrest us due to our Inquisitor consorting with Xenos
>my techpriest spends the next four sessions in a floating life-support coffin, and is later regenerated by foul Xeno fuckery at the cost of all is precious implants

At least he redeemed himself in death later, but the party never stopped calling me a teamkiller after that
>>
>>44447260

You know, I never had any interest in Death Watch before, but your story has changed that. Thank you.
>>
File: 1311536277930.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1311536277930.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>>44450206
>I somehow managed to miss the fact that the whole freezer is a 3m x 3m room at most
applause.jpg
reminds me of a story where DM started a Dark Heresy campaign with first-timers and gave each PC 12k or so XP, which resulted the psyker to push holocaust power inside small transport ship after a small argument.
Thier inquisitor then used the footage as a warning to the next cell
>>
>>44449702
But what about when they sell a Necron ship to a Rogue trader and then spend the arc after that trying to track down a rogue piece of archeotech that is causing worlds to blink out one after the other. Which turns out to be...

Although this is arguably an IC fuckup.
>>
>>44451116
I'd call it superb roleplaying, I'm pretty jelly of them all actually.
>>
>>44442137
He already seems suspicious for the money demanded for the sword, it already stabilishes it's not a trustable guy. That and, while I don't know the deatils, it does look like the party made no efforts to see what were the properties of the sword or check for curses.
>>
moar pls
>>
File: 1211579150144.gif (60 KB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
1211579150144.gif
60 KB, 459x459
>>44451668
I'm afraid I don't have any more Deathwatch fail stories anymore. My players learn very fast and rarely make the same mistake twice. I do have some silly stories though, but their place is in the 40k general thread.

Accidently releasing a brainwashed callidus assassin who believes herself to be a Tau doesn't really count since half of the group was away during the decision point.

>>44450348
Glad to hear that, Deathwatch is indeed fun.
>>
>>44450755
Shit, that must have been DH1, right? In my DH2 I gave 2000 starting XP and felt generous.
>>
>>44453868
If anything, in DH2 XP is worth less in my experience- advancesfeel more expensive on average.
>>
>>44453868
I'm currently in DH2 campaign with 12.5k starting xp (no, not the one that post mentioned).
>>
>>44454030
They're fine, just get what you built your char for.
>>
>>44454030
>>44454047
I do have a sneaking suspicion that I underpowered the initial PCs more than I would have liked. I don't have the benefit of any previous 40K GMing so I have had to go with my gut on a few things.
>>
File: 1300048282379.jpg (125 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1300048282379.jpg
125 KB, 750x600
oh wait, hold on, I've remembered something
>Brother Arkio shines again!
>Kill-Team chases the renegade marine down and kill him
>Anyway, they still need to recover their Land Speeder which the renegade hijacked and used to flee due to their earlier tactical mistake

>And they have already lost the bike by that point due to the very same reasons
>Decide to search around the severs in an attempt to recover the vehicle and avoid getting straned in the middle of the ruins surroudned by thousands of miles of desert
>Eventually, they find the speeder located on a platform in the middle of a large well in the deepest part of the severs
>Only one shoddy bridge leading to it
>The place is so deep under the hive both the walls and the ceiling above them is just rough natural stone rather than plasteel and ferroconcrete
>Tactical, who is also the designated driver, gets into vehicle, while Librarian and Arkio find a plaque with etched xeno runes
>Decide to tear it off for further analysis
>Turns out the stone was holding the platform together
>The platform crumbles and collapses, plunging them into the abbyss
>Tactical manages to save them from certain death by having enough imagination to turn the engine on before they started their little digging adventure, not driving off the platform and lucky rolls, managing to collect most of them mid-air and not crashing the vehicle in the meantime

>cont in a bit
>>
>running game of Hackmaster 4th Edition
>party wants to travel to the next big town
>they’re level 1 and Hackmaster random encounters can be pretty brutal, so they look for a job guarding a caravan on its way south for some safety in numbers
>they talk to the guy organizing the caravan and he asks them all why he should hire them
>paladin and swashbuckler say they can fight
>infiltrator says he can fight and sneak
>invoker and battle mage say they can cast spells
>then there’s the necromancer
>in Hackmaster, being a necromancer doesn’t automatically make you evil
>you’re probably a weird guy, but not necessarily evil
>so the character could have just said that he was a necromancer and that he casted spells too, and the caravan organizer would have accepted it
>I had a conversation about this specifically with the player during character creation, so I know that he knew this
>instead he tells the guy that he’s a healer/doctor
>he isn’t, he doesn’t know shit about healing or medicine
>first few days of journey go pretty well, but eventually the caravan does run into some trouble
>nothing major, but a few of the guards did get hurt and they need to be healed
>there’s only so much healing to go around so eventually a guard approaches the necromancer and asks to be patched up
>nothing much, just a cure light wounds and to sew him up a bit
>necromancer says he already used all his healing spells
>guard isn’t happy, but he understands and just asks that he be ready to heal him first thing tomorrow when he gets more spells
>first thing tomorrow rolls around
>guard comes back and asks to be healed
>necromancer stammers and tells him no
>he’s getting pissed now, asks who it is that he healed instead since now he’s looking for a fight

cont
>>
>>44454285
>necromancer says nobody
>caravan organizer hears the ensuing argument and comes over to intervene
>eventually he asks the whole caravan if anyone had been healed by the necromancer (who he still thinks is a healer)
>everyone says they haven’t
>organizer takes the PC aside and asks him what the hell is going on
>spillthebeans.jpg
>the man asks for the PC to prove that he is a necromancer, since he wasn’t about to take his word on face value now
>prove how?
>cast a spell for me
>PC decides to cast Corpse Visage
>it makes you look like a corpse and causes a magical fear effect
>in friends and foes
>caravan organizer shrieks and takes a swing at the PC
>some guards fail their saving throw, others make it, PC gets tackled and tied up cuz now the caravan thinks he might be undead
>in a place that had recently had issues with undead attacks (yes the PCs were told about this beforehand)
>spell wears off eventually and the caravan votes against killing him just to be safe
>instead they turn him over to the town guard once they arrive and several of the merchants in the caravan press charges for assault
>gets jailed
And thus began a string of PCs getting removed from the party without actually dying.
>>
>>44453868
2k XP is nothing
>>44454047
12.5k is a fair amount to start with for experienced players

Perhaps this because I just prefer high-power campaigns and failing 70% of rolls doesn't really seem to be that much of fun.

Anyway, it's the matter of DM's campaign concept, preference and the skill of handling high-level game, but my personal preference for DH2 is something betwee 15 to 17k XP, afterwards it gets just a bit silly.
This is assuming there group has no blatant minmaxers and everyone is just roleplaying and having a good time. I would imagine the same for OW.
For DH1, the limit is much lower, 8-9 is just OK.
For DW, you'd need about rank 4 or 5 and pass at least Distinguished renown threshold to fully appreciate the game
For RT it doesn't matter because RT players are dicks who will screw you up irrespective of the constraints and then laugh in your face
>>
>party kidnaps not so shady gnome wizard guy who probably kidnapped them, or something.
>asks him for money and the names of the head of a cultist organization
"...okayjustpleasegodon'thitmewithanotherbottleofthatexpensivealestuff. And whatever you do, BURN THE BODIES."
>he teleports away
>party is confused and goes to find the cults
>then goes through a cave, killing the cults
>don't burn any bodies
>party reaches the end of the chamber
>kills the remaining clerics like they were dirt
>I start to sweat a little
"Shitshitshitshitshit! That was too easy, I need to give them a hard fight, something even harder than the troll in the last room!"
>I remember the thing about the bodies
>All of the cultists turn to dust
>And in their place is a baby black dragon.
>rogue walks up "can I roll deception at the dragon to convince it that I summoned it here?"
>I allow it and decide that he would need to roll an 18 or higher, given that it is a baby and that CREED is my one true dice god.
>nat20
>OP's post is mfw I let the party walk out of there with 1000 gold and a baby dragon
>Party's fw they encounter an army of black dragonborn looking for their missing prince.
>>
File: brutal.png (136 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
brutal.png
136 KB, 325x325
>>44454275

>long story short, they find themselves in the Webway
>Arrive in the chamber with four Webway gates after having heard sounds of battle somewhere in the vicinity and deciding to "go in the opposite direction before "they" get to us too"
>Pull the Land Speeder over and start discussing which gate should they pick
>Suddenly, a wild Harlequinn appears!
>Starts walking back and forth on the bonnet of the speeder nonchalantly, but taking no hostile actions otherwise
>Techmarine's patience runs out in approximately 0.75 seconds
>Attempts to shoot the xeno with plasma pistol
>The Harlequin dodges and leaps into the nearest gate
>After leaving a plasma grenade on the floor of the vehicle as a farewell gift
>The Marines scramble to pick it up and attempt to return it to the owner by throwing it inside the gate before moments before it goes off
>Success.jpg
>Charred chunks of Harlequin are flung out of their side of the gate
>The Eldar are obviously not pleased as more Harlequins appear from multiple directions
>Everbody collectively decide discretion is the better part of valour and floor it, plugning head-on into the gate in front of them
>Everybody, but brother Arkio
>Brother Arkio switches to rip and tear mode
>Brother Arkio enters Frenzy as vehicle begins speeding towards the webway gate and hops out of the Land Speeder, much to surprise and panic of his team-mates

>"Brother Arkio, what are you doing?"
>"I RIP AND TEAR ELDAR GUTS"
>Arkio almost loses a leg (7 crit damage), but limps away victorious as 2 remaining members of troupe flee after Arkio decided to make a short break mid-battle to take off his helmet and consume the face and large chunk of throat of one of the Harlequins in one bite
>All the while she was still impaled upon his chainsword
>Survivors break and flee in horror

On the flip side, this earned him Enemy (Eldar) talent and thus unlimited license to screw with the group in most insidious ways.
>>
>>44452195

Boo. Staying on topic is not the /tg/ way.

Okay well, have you posted any other stories with that group anywhere? I'd really like to see them please.
>>
>>44455561

Oh wait, should've refreshed. Huh. Nice!

Brother Arkio is a goddamn star.
>>
>>44455152
ARKIO YES!!!
>>
>>44455587
Thanks, anon. There's been a few non-fail stories in previous 40k general thread, but without names. I might collect them and re post should I find them.
If the thread survives until I wake up, I can post the story how the group managed to lose the land speeder to the BBEG
>>
>>44455732

It'd be appreciated. I figure that even if your players keep learning quickly from their mistakes, that still leaves them with many, many more mistakes to learn from in the future.

Have a nice rest.
>>
>>44455676
It was the best decision I made.

The way I see it, more Eldar coming after me means more opportunities for delicious Eldar blood.
>>
>>44455152
that's metal

arkio a best
>>
>>44455852
Or a delicious toxic needle to the visor.

Reminder that these fucks followed us to our current mission.
>>
>>44455152
I approve
>>
>Spooky game, group being pursued by a slasher horror monster in the form of an industrial accident victim Rosie the Riveter
>Supposed to be reuniting her with the spirit of her lost love who died in the war
>One of the other players gets caught and dragged off to her lair for probably horrible death
>Out of desperation to avoid being thrown into an active machine, he acts like and pretends to be her lost love, and behaves warmly and nice towards her
>Seems to work and she doesn't kill him, and eventually reciprocates, but he can't drop the act and has to keep it up for all our sakes or else she'll probably turn evil again
>Poor guy just wanted to save his own skin, ended up with a slasher horror monster waifu instead for the rest of the game

Though as the game went along it did go better for him and he sort of had a happy ending. He definitely shot himself in the foot with it all though.
>>
>>44456033
>Poor guy just wanted to save his own skin, ended up with a slasher horror monster waifu instead for the rest of the game
>>
>>44456079
Pretty much. That's not fucking up, that's winning in the long run.
>>
File: hahah.gif (753 KB, 200x86) Image search: [Google]
hahah.gif
753 KB, 200x86
>>44424300
>>
>>44456099
Not so much, she was pretty messed up physically and you know, a slasher monster so super strong a psychopathic.
>>
>>44414737
WEEEELLL SHIIT, I finally have a proper thread for this story

>Playing with friends for Tyranny of Dragon's main campaign
>Tell them not to make an evil character
>Guy erases his alignment as I say this, makes a stupid character instead
>Chapter 3
>Runs into a fight they could have easily taken
>But he was scared of the half-dragon for some reason
>Books it away from two easily killed berserkers
>Runs out the cave
>Half-dragon takes back exit
>Lightning breathes the fuck out of them, downs half of the party
>Keeps rolling 5s and 6s for the recharge every turn
>welp
>Lightning breath the ENTIRE party to death save for the thief, who barely got out thanks to saving throws, and the wizard who hid inside the cave
>New characters are made, told them to make characters for the cave, which they do.
>They look at it, and say "fuck that, lets move on" leaving everything in there still alive, including two mini-bosses and three about-to-hatch black dragon eggs
>One of the characters, thanks to careful wording, sneaks in an Evil aligned character
>Spends ALL of his time trying to fuck things over for the party with little-to-no avail
>Make it to Chapter 7
>They arrive at a trading post, are supposed to find the trail of the stolen treasure
>IMMEDIATELY stumble upon it
>Start going through the tunnel.
>Evil guy decides this isn't evil enough for him
>Goes back to the foreman of the site's room while he's sleeping, sneaks in, ties him up, and starts to torture him
>Asks him where the tunnel goes, gets THAT info and nothing else, and then just leaves him there
>Tied to his own bed
>In his own fortress
>After establishing he is a member of the cult of the dragon
>They move onto chapter 8
>Supposed to sneak into a castle disguised as cult members to help start an uprising from the lizardfolk tribe who are being taken advantage of
>Oh, also, the half-dragon, lady in purple, and three baby black dragons that were supposed to die in chapter 3 are here. Good luck with that
>>
File: AAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;_;.gif (966 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;_;.gif
966 KB, 250x170
>>44457492

>Evil guy notices Red Wizard of Thay who is on site, decides that the smartest thing to do would be to out himself to the Red Wizard for magical assistance in one of his chores to get into the cult's good graces
>Red Wizard decides to use him, tells him to go into the caves underground and murder the Bullywug leader to free up the protection on a teleportation circle the Red Wizards were interested in.
>Gets party on board with this because this was on the to-do list anyways
>First bullywug he encounters "Charm Person!"
>Bullywug fails his saving throw. I tell him to read the entire description of Charm Person out loud for me.
>Blah blah blah after 1 hour the charmed person escapes the spell and remembers that they had been charmed by magic and by whom blah blah blah oh also verbal and somatic!
>They ask the bullywug questions and then just leave him alone. Unwatched.
>Well, okay then.
>Manage to actually kill the bullywug leader in what was supposed to be a tough fight. Kind of impressed
>Set a timer on the table as they leave the dungeon
>"What's that for?"
>"Nah, I know this DM. He likes to spook us, it doesn't mean anything"
>"Yeah. We all go to sleep."
>Remove timer
>Pile pieces, and pieces, and pieces, and pieces around them on the mat
>"You hear several things happening at once. First the alarm from below as the bullywug you charmed snaps out of it, finds his boss murdered, and screams bloody murder. Then, you hear an alarm from outside. The foreman from the castle way back when has come screaming bloody murder about spies in the castle. And now, 2 half-dragons, 3 baby dragons, an eldritch knight, 50 bullywugs, several priests and priestesses, and 80 cult of the dragon guys are running their asses off to your chambers. What do you do?"
>Complete silence around the table
>Good game. Let's end the session here today

The worst part was, they all acted surprised as though there was no warning.
>>
>>44457510
what happened next
>>
>>44459012
They decided that they weren't brave enough to face their consequences, so we put the campaign on "pause" as they were surrounded and played a different setting for a short while.

They were doing okay, until they went into a house and ran into some shadows for the first time. One of them got hit, failed their con saving throw, and got temporarily drained of Max HP. That apparently just broke their spirits because all of them got really quiet like they gave up. The resident That Guy in the group finally laid the final straw. He picked up my guitar and started playing with it, and then when I gave him the "what the fuck?" look, he looked me back straight in the eye and said "I'm bored". So, I ended the session and after some internal debate, informed them I will no longer be running "Crash the DM's place and eat all his food while he basically talks to himself for 4 hours" day, ran an ad for a new group at ye olde FLGS, and wound up running a completely different party through that same exact dungeon, which they utterly creamed with little problems.

So, officially, nothing happened to the PCs in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.

Unofficially, I've killed them all and hung them like the dirty cowards they were.

Also, That Guy was insufferable the whole time afterwards as I worked with the guy and he thought the reason I disbanded the group was because I didn't like the "n00bs" at the table with him. One of his horrible traits was he viewed everything in an MMORPG light, coming to the table with "OP builds" (pronounced 'OHP') he spent ages researching online, and ran from a Bugbear once because in an MMO he played, bugbears were "level 40 mobs".
>>
>>44459371
Damn, they all sound like cocksuckers.
>>
>>44459371
This is a story of courage and success, of getting to hell and having kept going through it, of climbing up out of the bottom of the barrel.

Nice GM.
>>
File: _North_Belissar.jpg (140 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
_North_Belissar.jpg
140 KB, 1024x576
Afternoon, Deathwatch guy again

Below is how the Kill-Team managed to lose both their bike and land speeder due to shrewd tactical decisions and strategic acumen

>Arctic wastes, not far away from buried hive city ruins and presumed location of their quarry
>who was rather busy mass-producing Slinnar War Machines out of souls of all-too-eager primitive natives in the meantime
>After an hour or so, they approached the edge of the amphitheatre-like valley and pull up their vehicles on the snow-covered slope
>At the bottom of the valley, surrounding something like picrelated is a large camp, with more nomads flocking in to get super awesome powers totally for free, offered by a friendly outsider
>Late morning hours, black Deathwatch vehicles contrast sharply against the pristine snow
>"You guys want to conceal your vehicles? Even though you are some 600 meters away, it's rather easy to spot you should anyone decide to look in your direction"
>"It's fine, we'll just observe the camp for now"
>"Uh, okay. For how long?"
>"We'll wait until sunset to slip into the camp undetected under the cover of darkness"
>cont
>>
>>44455152
I retract all previous criticism of Brother Arkio, that's brilliant.

Question though, if Arkio's player is still around - Eldar probably don't have big guts, but was it worth it anyway?
>>
>>44462301
He's lurking, see >>44455852
I'm not sure about the rest of the group though, especially when the Eldar start ruining their stuff

will cont in a bit
>>
File: 1300445972169.jpg (10 KB, 119x126) Image search: [Google]
1300445972169.jpg
10 KB, 119x126
>>44461978
sorry, got sidetracked
>>44462301
also, Arkio commissioned a master crafted power sword upon his return to Erioch and named it "Laughter's end" to commemorate his victory over the bunch of murderous horror-clowns

>The group proceeds to sit in their black vehicles for a couple of hours, discussing how to infiltrate the camp. This boils down to two options
>a) Sneaky beaky, leaving the vehicles behind and covering them with the masking net
>b) Full throttle, guns blazing, mowing down and/or running over everybody in the camp and push for the objective

>In the meantime, their target comes to the surface to deliver a short speech to the cheering crowd before taking some locals with him and disappearing underground
>It is now dusk and snowstorm is coming their way, visiblity drops to 10-15 meters
>It goes without saying they were spotted almost immediately, which gave their target a couple of hours to prepare

>All the while the group is still merrily discussing intricate details of both options, occasionaly drifting towards comments what they will do with the renegade when they get to him for having them sent away to such a desolate and bleak place or snideful comments about the Librarian effectively killing himself earlier, much to his silent, scornful disapproval

>Those least engaged in the discussion manage to pick up faint sounds of someone crawling through the snow towards from the opposide side of the slope
>Conversation suddenly ceases as they hear their vehicle is being encircled by a rather large group of people
>Moments later, squad leader/driver, intently peering in the direction of the sound of the rustled snow, finally notices a head slowly emerging from over the opposite edge of the slope no further than 10 meters away
>And then another one
>The scout looks upon ther marine in his helmet
>So does the marine
>Their gazes meet for a second or two
>The scout, without making any motion or sound, slowly starts crawling backwards
>
>>
File: 3512341.jpg (14 KB, 126x119) Image search: [Google]
3512341.jpg
14 KB, 126x119
>>44463633

>As sounds of the scouting party fade away in the distance, following conversation takes place
>"Who was that?"
>"I guess the natives sent a scouting party"
>"I see. So what do we do?"
>"We wait until the sun fully sets and infiltrate the camp stealthily"
>mfw
>The scouts return shortly after sunset and start unloading their autoguns at the land speeder
>Team Leader signals to get everyone in the speeder and just drives off
>They ditch the bike and don't have a chance to retrieve it later

This is how they "gifted" astartes combat bike with heavy bolter to a tribe of primitive natives on a faraway isolated world.

>The driver drives the Land Speeder flies over the camp, bypassing it completely and plunging the vehicle into the shaft at full speed, avoiding TPK with a lucky roll
>Reach a large underground hangar, riddled with pict-recorders (which they notice)
>Leave the the vehicle and the lift to travel few levels up, to where they believe their target is supposed to be
>"It's not a video game, lads, he's unlikely to allow you engage him 4vs1"
>"It's okay, we got this"
>Get lured deeper into the chamber as their target taunts their over concealed vox speakers
>Brother Oinor, the Librarian, goes gets preachy, culminating his tirade with what essentially was "come at me 1v1 bro I'll bash u in the head i swear"
>Balthasar, the Black shield Tactical says nothing, instead starts unloading bolter at the surroundings, setting few power generators ablaze
>Brother Arkio, not seeting the power generators as worthy targets for ripping and tearing, zones out and doesn't participate in the discussion
>Udaris, the Devastator, is the only one who starts getting suspicious and stops searching for the heretic, instead taking cover and starts looking around
>Suddenly, Slinnar War Machines, Slinnar War Machines everywhere
>Team gets ambushed and mauled by team of the plasma constructs, but I fail to kill anyone due to poor rolls on my part
>>
File: 1300445791105.jpg (139 KB, 382x367) Image search: [Google]
1300445791105.jpg
139 KB, 382x367
>>44464603

>As another squad of constructs emerges from a glowing orb on the other side of the hangar, they decide leaving the hangar would be the best idea ever and make it to the lift under volleys of plasma fire
>They return back to their point of entry, only to find their land speeder gone, its thrusters illuminating a small area over the curve of a distant underground tunnel some 100 meters away and quickly fading in the distance
>All the while the villain continues taunting them over the vox
>mfw

I have more if you're not bored.
>>
>>44464847
Just keep 'em coming.
>>
>>44449850
Maybe I'm misreading this, but how the fuck does the guy throw the car, but also climb on it at the same time? This sounds like one of those troll physics pics
>>
>>44465148
Same way Thor throws his hammer and ride along with it. Just gotta throw it hard enough that momentum carries you along with the ride. Which requires a lot of force. A LOT OF FORCE.

Also Essence users see physics as more of a guide line.
>>
File: da_fuq.png (209 KB, 422x420) Image search: [Google]
da_fuq.png
209 KB, 422x420
>>44436880
What the fuck is it with ladders? Honestly. I keep hearing, over and over again, about situations where a ladder has practically murdered a party. It's in different settings and rulesets each time, but it's always the same template.

Is this microwaved copypasta? Has it been massaged into a different setting? Is it a meme? Or are ladders really that fucking malevolent?
>>
>>44464847
This thread has basically become a showcase for your party's ineptitude, so by all means, continue.
>>
File: photo[1].png (137 KB, 339x338) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].png
137 KB, 339x338
>>44445422
Is your friend Johnny Tightlips?
>>
>>44465283

Anon, there's a reason why walking under a ladder afflicts you with a Curse of Bad Luck. Ladders are intelligent and fiendishly evil by nature, but are thankfully completely inanimate. If given the choice between climbing a wall with your bare hands and using a ladder, avoid the ladder every time if you know what's good for you. What they lack in mobility they make up for with sheer vindictive hatred for all things.
>>
>>44465788
All ladders are now evil-aligned in any game I run where that's a thing.
>>
>>44465788
Monster Manual Entry: Ladder
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
>>
>>44466443
>>44466697
Laddermind
>>
>>44466710
Ladders now have collective conscious.
>>
>>44466732
consciousness*

Ladders are immune to mind-affecting spells and effects.
>>
>>44466710
>18 minutes apart
>hivemind meme
I guess one of those posters is a ladder, right? Maybe both of them.
>>
>>44467732
would old ladders call young little ladders "lads"?
>>
>>44467819
would older ones be L-ders?
>>
Scion guy again.
>players know they have to go to a divine bar/neutral ground and steal shit.
>ST provided a map with the lay out of the bar.
>midway through the STs description of what the security forces are like cat burglar of the party says
"well I failed. now what happens?"
>apparently he had been making random security and stealth rolls to try and sneak into where the loot was as the ST was describing everything.
>mfw the ST is ROLEplay and the player is ROLLplay
>cat burglar gets tossed out of the bar by animated suits of armor and can't get back in.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 592x592
>>44467819
>>44467884
You guys are kindling me! Of course we don't have Lders, ladder hierarchy is established by rungs...
>>
>>44468458
what our diplomatic relations with staircases would be like?
>>
>>44469223
Up and down.
>>
File: 1357842344157.jpg (26 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1357842344157.jpg
26 KB, 400x533
I guess that's the last Deathwatch fail story for now

How the group failed to salvage their Devastator's geneseed

>I haven't mentioned group's Devastator also went down (ding ding ding, 2:0 for team "Bad guys") during the boss fight, taken out by Slinnar War Machines
>This happens sometime after the BBEG hijacked their vehicle >>44464847, but before they got dropped into the Webway >>44455152
>As it happens, Devastator's player left the group due to unrelated reasons, rendering his death permanent
>The only person trained in Medicae training and in possession of narthecium is brother Arkio
>Who was rather busy escaping from a death trap and thus missed the boss fight
>He steps into the derelict sedimentary tank where the battle was taking place to witness the scene of carnage
>Librarian, Devastator and the renegade marine are down, riddled with holes, while bloodied tactical kneels by the renegade's corpse, severing his head from his body while chanting allahu akbar
>Librarian burns yet another fate point to survive, but it becomes obviously apparent Devastator's gene-seed must be somehow salvaged
>Which normally wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact Arkio ruined his Narthecium (as well as a couple of other things, including entire hab-block) while punching through an electrified wall in a bid to escape certain death
>Now, extraction of gene-seed without narthecium is an arduous (-40) medicae test
>Arkio's intelligence is exactly 40 and he's out of fate points
>There is a moment of intense reflection, which bears fruit in Arkio coming up with the following idea:
>"Well, if we cut off his arms, head and legs we can transport the body rather easily.."
>Tactical marine looks at him for a moment, sighs, and then returns to severing the renegade's head without saying a word
>>
>>44471304
I was playing the captain of a Rogue Trader party, and spent most of my time callously ordering the other PCs to their deaths. This one time, were being held hostage by space flight-less primitives aboard a primitive airship, but our Kroot escaped notice when the guards got to us, and thanks to our astropath, I could communicate with him silently.

I ordered him to climb across the outer hull of the airship to assassinate our enemies if things went to shit, but then I got the upper hand in the negotiations just as he got in position, and ordered him to climb all the way back again so we wouldn't arouse suspicion by waiting for him. Then things began sliding south, and I ordered him to climb across the thing again (if he fell, he would have plummeted several kilometers onto a mountain range), and naturally, as soon as he was in position, I got the upper hand again and he had to climb back. This continued for a while.

Many adventures later, I was shot in the face by my own seneschal.
>>
File: 1443361985456.jpg (12 KB, 320x473) Image search: [Google]
1443361985456.jpg
12 KB, 320x473
>>44471304

>Eventually, they decide haul the body around and have the gene-seed extracted as soon as proper facilities are available
>After recovering their vehicle, they secure Devastator's body in one of the passenger's seats

>I haven't mentioned this, but the Harlequin they aggravated >>44455152 also severed Devastator's head in an attempt to add insult to plasma grenade-inflicted injury

>For the remainder of the mission the team was cruising around with Devastator's headless body strapped to a seat and his head rolling back and forth on the floor
>They would have pulled if off it it wasn't for their propensity to exhibit near-heretical curiosity in the most unfortunate moments
>They decided to piss off hospitable, if a bit distant, planetary king-governor
>Who suddenly exploded into daemons as a result

>Due to sequence of events I cannot clearly recall, Balthasar (the "reasonable" squad leader grabbed Devastator's headless body by the leg and started mauling king-emperor's bodyguard with it, in one fell swoop doing ridiculous amounts of damage and forcing Fear test
>3 elite level adversaries vomit uncontrollably and are unable to defend themselves as the black-clad warrior turns them into paste, using comrade's corpse as an improvised weapon
>Entire city begins collapsing into dust as ancient spell, tied to the governor-king, begins to dissipate
>By the time the fight is over, most of the palace is all but dust
>Balthasar avoid being buried alive only thanks a good BS roll, hitting Land Speeder with the grapnel gun at the possible last moment
>He is pulled to safety, although is forced to drop the Devastator's body
>The Last thing he sees is Dev's body sliding down into the abyss and disappearing underneath tonnes of rubble before before the place comes crashing down entirely as the vehicle speeds through the narrow collapsing corridors
>>
File: whoadude.jpg (85 KB, 937x427) Image search: [Google]
whoadude.jpg
85 KB, 937x427
>>44472219

Devastator's skull was later converted into a sermon servo-skull, outfitted with laud-hailers.
Something, as the group agreed, suited Udaris' preachy personality and love to the codex quite well.

Happy ending I guess.
>>
>>44471598
>Many adventures later, I was shot in the face by my own seneschal.
I would have probably done the same to be honest
>>
more stories?
>>
>>44462301
They were delicious.

I regret nothing. Yet.
>>
>>44472219
>>44473563
Not gonna lie, and at the cost of raising the same questions I asked earlier against myself, removing the limbs to make the body more transportable is pretty-much exactly what I would have done in the same situation.

>>44472219
Likewise with knocking the piss out of the governor king's bodyguards with said body.

I like the cut of your collective gibs.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.