[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a catfolk subrace focusing more on the "good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: r54z.png (909 KB, 800x1040) Image search: [Google]
r54z.png
909 KB, 800x1040
What would a catfolk subrace focusing more on the "good fortune"/"bad fortune"/"magician's familiar" aspect of cats be like?
>>
>>44413534
Think about all of the negative stereotypes about gypsies.

Now imagine everyone wants to shag them.
>>
>>44413534
Most catfolk already get bonuses to dex, luck and/or charisma, even those based on big cats that ought to be more about size and toughness.

Still, it's a start, just grant them some sort of ability to curse people or offer ways to avoid danger. Perhaps they really do have nine lives, though it takes the form of being able to avoid certain death nine times. Failure to activate the ability might well result in actually dying, and of course using it all up will leave them as vulnerable as anyone else.

The old saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought her back" so maybe they can recharge their lives, or even return from actual death by learning a new secret from the experience?
>>
>>44413534
Catfolk should just spend all day sleeping and then bitch at their party members to give them free food.
>>
File: Ecaflip.png (234 KB, 556x715) Image search: [Google]
Ecaflip.png
234 KB, 556x715
This is literally wakfu's ecaflips isn't it?
>>
>>44413770
This is such a great summary.
>>
>>44414662
I'd give them sausage.

More seriously, I would probably kick that player out unless they proved they were doing important magic or crafting.
>>
File: 47311377_p0.png (487 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
47311377_p0.png
487 KB, 600x844
>>
>>44414731
Just came here to mention ecaflips, kinda glad I got beaten to it.
Lets me know other people do play it.
>>
>>44413534
Widespread proficiency in low-level magic but powerful magicians are exclusively focused on luck/fate magic.
>>
>>44414876
I don't play it, I just watched the first season.
>>
I've had an idea about this for a while. Basically, I imagine the macro interpretations of quantum mechanics (i.e. observer effects, decoherence, entanglement, etcetera all have effects at the macroscopic scale of people and armies). Catfolk have studied these effects for a long time, which is why cats are so graceful and capable of insane physical feats when nobody's observing them - like a photon in a double slit experiment, an unobserved catfolk takes every possible path at once. But, catfolk will look really clumsy when you're watching them closely.

Basically, a tribal people a lot like humans, who figured out quantum mechanics before newtonian physics and see newtonian physics as the weird and unintuitive worldview. An instinctive understanding of probability would be a natural consequence.
>>
>>44415400
>quantum catboys
Hellsing pls
>>
>>44413534
>"good fortune"/"bad fortune"/"magician's familiar" aspect of cats be like?
I have no idea what you mean by this, I'm a bit embarrassed about that actually
>>
File: 1448049516355.jpg (34 KB, 482x480) Image search: [Google]
1448049516355.jpg
34 KB, 482x480
>>44413951
>even those based on big cats that ought to be more about size and toughness.

All cats are ambush predators. Big cats are big and tough to us, but they still hunt with the element of surprise, and their attacks are over in a few seconds, usually. The most unusual cats are probably lions, hanging out in groups and hunting in groups. But even lions use the element of surprise, and are all about taking down prey quickly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.