[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization Thread Three votes picks race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 2
File: 1367975403096.png (2 MB, 1383x2875) Image search: [Google]
1367975403096.png
2 MB, 1383x2875
Civilization Thread

Three votes picks race
>>
Elf civ, wat do?
>>
>>44412793
Demons.
>>
>>44412793
Lizard
>>
>>44412793
>Insect
>Forest
>>
>>44412793
Which do you prefer/are good at?
>>
>>44412793
MINATAR.
>>
>>44412814
>>44412831
>>44412833
>>44412844
>>44412971

Elf/Demons/Lizards/Insects/Minotaurs tied at 1 vote each

Forest 1 vote

You guys can vote for terrain too or suggest plots if you want.

>>44412900
I've done them all before but this whole being good at a particular civ thing is very hit and miss.
>>
>>44412793
Cm's choice.
Let's go.
>>
File: 1446902515155.jpg (35 KB, 514x600) Image search: [Google]
1446902515155.jpg
35 KB, 514x600
>>44412793
Undead
>>
someone has that chart some anon made with the different bonus for each terrain?
Can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>44412996
Lizard
Mountain
>>
Humans
Forest
>>
>>44413045
>>44413025

So far
Lizard 2
Elf/Demons/Insects/Minotaurs/Humans/Undead tied at 1

Forest 2
Mountain 1
>>
>>44412996
If we do insect I vote for escaped experiment from a gnomish lab practicing the forbidden are of arcane-bio-engineering.
>>
>>44413096
If we do lizard I vote inheritors of a once-mighty civilisation that lost its wealth along with its gnomish slaves.
>>
>>44413097
We had a homunculi in 1945 Berlin once. Escaped experiments. Didn't go far but was fun as hell. I'd second the gnome experiment thing.
>>
lizard
>>
>>44413143
>>44413097
You have a thing for 'escaped the gnomes', don't you anon?
>>
Fey, sacred garden?
>>
>>44413199
Fay is my second vote, after Lizard.
>>
>>44413199
If we do fey I vote for confused inmates of a gnomish asylum.
>>
>>44413226
Dafuq? Lol
>>
>>44413096
fey
mountain
>>
>>44413226
Please explain your obsession for Gnomish prisoners.
>>
>>44413096
Lizards in mountain with "earth attunement" for the minor perk. Let's edge out those dwarves and take away their gnomes.
>>
>Swamp/Fey
Being exiled from the Golden Grove of the Fey Queen our young prince leads his loyal people in their exile and vows to one day return with a mighty army to claim the crown from his mum.
>>
>>44413245
Supporting fey+mountains so we can get going.
>>
>>44413254
I'm sure the gnomes will absolutely love us for not wanting to force breed with them, unlike the humanoid mammal races.
>>
>>44413281
If we get going I vote abandoned denizens of a gnomish petting zoo.
>>
>>44413303
Who says we weren't going to o that?
>>
how about we all break even and have a colony of Lizards and Fey living on a mountain, with a forest below it

All in favor?
>>
>>44413325
I think we'd be a bit too reptilian for viable offspring with them, anon
>>
>>44413337
>colony of Lizards and Fey
How would that even work ?
>>
>>44413306
They created the Fey to use as magical batteries but eventually to many of us were about and we blew the grid, which lead to the gnome defenses dropping and the Minotaur hordes stomping their shit in.
>>
>>44413354
Simple, the fey would secretly be ruled by tiny lizard people in disguise.
>>
>>44413387
The reptilians should be grey
>>
>>44413354
Its very simple

Some Lizards and Fey came together and said 'hey lets chill on this mountain'

We look at the stats and find a a good middle ground between them all and get going
>>
>>44413396
oh hi Shitter. Marry (late) Christmas. Hope your dog is feeling better.
>>
>>44413429
>marry
It's merry f a m. Anywho, I vote for reptiles/fey. Dog is sluggish but hasn't freaked out again. I won't go into further detail because this isn't a blog
>>
>>44412996
How about for undead we start with necromancers that are proficient with undead, shadows, abominations, and ghouls? Have them start in a big town.
>>
>>44413404
Maybe the lizards take on the part of soldiers, labourers/merchants, and war leaders, while the fey take on the part of magicians, educated professionals, and civil leaders?
>>
>>44413354
They would interbreed until they became a single new race called kobold
>>
"Thisss whole land ussed to be ourss, young one", said the old lizard. "Thesse plainss you ssee where oncce a vasst sswamp, where our people ruled for countlessss generationss."

"Then the damn gnomess came. They drained the whole sswamp with their accurssed machiness, driving uss from our homeland. In this very place we made our final sstand"

"Nightfen Stronghold. Thesse ruins were built by dwarvess but abandoned long ago. Legendss ssayss they found ssomething down there that wassnt ssuppossssed to be sseem by mortal eyess. We were forced to retreat ever deeper into the earth, but I have a plan."

"Go now my son, take some of our loyal people and build an outpost in the surface. When the time is right we'll strike the damn gnomes and reclaim the land that is rigthtfully ourss."
You are the son of the Exiled Lizard King Zz`rkrr, who lives in an abandoned underground fortress. You've been tasked by your father to establish a presence above ground as a step in his plans to reclaim the lands that were once rightfully lizard lands but are currently under domain of a multicultural society ruled by gnomes and gnome half breeds.

You've been granted command over 90 lizard people (30m/30f/30ch), 10 of which are military (spearlizards). You also have a breeding pair of Giant Lizards, used as beasts of burden, and enough supplies to last for a few weeks.

Where do you wanna settle?
> Atop of a mountain, north of the fortress
> Amidst an enchanted forest the gnomes fear dwelling at, east of the fortress
> On the sewers of a moslty human town, south of the fortress
> At the deepest part of the swamps that the gnomes never managed to drain west of the fortress
> Travel further away to unknown lands (Other, specify)
>>
>>44413613
>Atop of a mountain, north of the fortress
>>
>>44413613
Swamps. Let's make our stand where we're at our most strong.
>>
So no fey?
Damn.
>>
>>44413613
Sewers. We can use the humans as a shield from the hated gnomes.
>>
>>44413613
Sewers. Seems more practical than mountaintop and less overused than forest or swamp
>>
>>44413613
Enchanted forest the gnomes fear
>>
>>44413735
(Attempting to sway others )
Sewers seem bad. Living near rivers of human poop. Chance of conflict with humans.

Mountains could lead to supply issues and difficulty attacking. Good defense potential.

Swamp? Seems like anyone looking for us would start there. Plus gnomes know how to drain swamps.

Enchanted Forest? Why do gnomes feat it? Perhaps enemies of our enemies are there.
>>
>>44413613
> At the deepest part of the swamps that the gnomes never managed to drain west of the fortress
>>
>>44413923
>>44413960
I'll change to forest then. Maybe this is how we get the fey?
>>
After deliberating with your warriors you decide that the sewers under the human town seems the best place to settle for now.

As you move the giant lizards through the surprisingly spacious tunnels under the city and get the civilians settled you send your military to gather some basic information on the city. Here's what they report:

It seems to be a small town, with between 1000-2000 people. It's defended by a moat, palisade and watchtowers. There are guards at the towers at all times. The town seems to be a walled off section of an older larger city, and would probably be able to support a much larger population. There are countless ruins in and around the town. There's a significant dwarven presence in the town. Your scouts didn't see any gnomes.

Your people settle in a very large room with four massive tunnels going on cardinal directions; you came from the northern tunnel and know it to have plenty of open access to the exterior. There are dozens of smaller tunnels going out in all directions from this chamber. There's some old broken rusty machinery scattered all over the place.

You may name the leader if you please.

What should we do now?
> Gather Resources (fish, mushrooms, rats, bats, rock blocks, rusty metal, other specify)
> Explore (tunnels - pick direction, human town, surrounding ruins, other specify)
> Military Action (scout, kidnap, raid, steal, murder, other specify; specify target)
> Relocate (forest, mountain, swamp, ruins, other specify)
> Other (specify)
>>
>>44414066
Let's go hunting for rats and other tunnel meat. We need a supply of food more than anything else.
>>
>>44413923
Sewers also offer a chance to make a potentially powerful ally. Humans have iron, livestock, among other things. We make sure nothing comes through the sewers that isn't us. It's a win-win.

Who wants to live on a mountain anyway? It's cold up there.

I agree that the swamps aren't a good choice at the moment. Gnomes know how to win that fight.

I'm very interested in the forest. But what if there's a reason the gnomes are afraid? A reason that can't be bartered with.
>>
>>44414066
How about we start sneaking up to the city at night and take apart those old houses no one is using. We can use the wood and metal to build things
>>
>>44414066
We ssshould hunt squeak-thingsss, Getsss our peopless trained whilst keeping uss from starve.

We ssshould attack thin-skin humanss when we ready. We not ready yet.
>>
>>44414066
> Explore surrounding ruins
>>
BEGIN THE BREEDING
>>
We also need to look at getting some speech therapy for our dear friend, 650th Lizard.
>>
>>44414348
We'ss hav no time for s-schooling! Not Now No!

We'ss musst get bigger land, Better land. Sssteal Thin-skin land, make it better land for us Scale folk.
Thin-Skinsss are just bigger gnomes.
>>
>>44414092
>>44414142
>>44414227
>>44414301

We realize that our supplies won't last forever so we organize a group of civilians to hunt rats and other tunnel meat.

We find a section of the tunnels densely packed with very large rats, some as large as a pig. This section seems to be right below the human town. This is one of the largest lateral sections of the tunnel, about an hour away from your home room going south through one of the main tunnels. Very steep and slimy smooth walls seems to restrict access of the larger rats to the surface; human refuse from their markets and larger constructions seems to drain to that area. Those rats are very well fed, perhaps too well fed.

Your hunters have no problems catching several smaller rats on the immediations of the large rat breeding chamber, but none dare getting too close of the swirling mass of massive rodents.
20 civilians assigned as hunters could probably catch enough rats to feed your entire population and the two giant lizards (each giant lizard eats roughly the same as 5 lizardmen).

The tunnels surrounding the rat chamber are immediatelly below the human town, noise from their activity can be heard reverberating everywhere during daytime, and in some places at night too; most of them have metal grates, presumably built by the humans, to restrict access to the surface. A few of the the tunnels either don't have grates or have loose or missing bars that a lizardmen could move through. Some military is sent through those tunnels to take a peek; they're mostly abandoned ruined houses, boarded from the outside. One of those ruined houses, however, seems to be inhabited by about two dozen humans, mostly females - human outlaws perhaps? They didn't notice our incursion this time.

What should we do now?
> specify
>>
>>44414066
Explore. Info is good. Try to grab food while exploring.
>>
>>44414459
Unfortunately, that rather proves my point, old boy. Although you get an "A" for enthusiasm, you've gotten confused again. All gnomes are thin-skins, but not all thin-skins are gnomes. If we keep making category errors, we're going to go the way of the dinosaurs (peace be upon them).

>>44414576
Let's start harvesting metal for tools.
>>
>>44414576
kidnap human females. We can study human biology
maybe use them for meat. Human might be yummy.
>>
>>44412793
aw mate I'm seeing this too late on a sunday night, what a shame
>>
Leaders name: Mundi-ankhn
>>
>>44414099
>potential allies..

>"yay! We have lizardmen living in the city sewers"
>said no human city ever
>>
>>44414576
Designate a group of hunters and have them build a stockpile of food while keeping an eye out for anything else in the sewers. Also, see if there is anything valuable easy to steal from the bitches' house.
>>
>>44414766
Not "Kelyan Gnomeslayer, the 650th Lizard"?
>>
>>44414576
Unharmed femalesss or not, Iss don't tak rissks

Wess needss weaponss. Gnomess killed uss with filth metalmen and lightining, wess need spearss to hold them back, Shieldss to block their fire.

THEN we kidnap femalesss. Keep them away from the disgustsstin pervertsss in the sslum tunnelss, Theyss were found guilty of twissted fetisshry.

Get them to lure male thin-skins down into the house, even more ssslaves!
>>
>>44414819
Lol...that doesn't have a good ring to it.
>>
>>44414819
Me no leader! Me advisssor!
Proud heri-. Herra-.
Ancesstorss were advisssorsss for King Drakesmashhhher 3rd
>>
>>44414871
Shut it 650.
We're all in this together. We are the 'Council of Lizard Men and Women'
That being said
We don't have to worry about gnomes. Not now, anyway.
>>
>>44414979
Isn't there a proposal to change our name to the "Council of Lizardfolk" so as to include sapient lizards who do not conform to binary gender identities?
>>
>>44414979
exxactly. 650th advissor of the 2000 advisssors we hav here.
>>
>>44415026
There is also a group motioning that non-sapient lizards also deserve equal representation and equal pay. The pack lizards they represent have thus far refused to comment.
>>
>>44415026
you, shut up and go back to Tumblr. Although that is a much better name. Rolls off the tongue.
>>44415028
There are 90 of us down here, 650

That being said, I want a single human female brought to me. For study.
>>
>>44415103
I believe that all lizard folk should have their own human slave of what ever race, sex and gender to serve them how ever they wish. I'm currently trying to turn that into a catchy campaign slogan but am having difficulties with that.
>>
>>44415103
>starts counting the ssivillians, this is clearly going to take longer then it should.
>>44415093
>>44415026
One ssstep at a time. now not time when wess dont even have town.
>>44415103
Yesss sssir, but pleassse tell me thiss study doessnt involve whip and chain. Thatss red flaggissh
>>
>>44415093
I'm aware of that motion. I think the best way to respect the rights of our non-sapient siblings is to reserve seats for their representatives on our council. When the pack lizards let us know who their spokeslizards are, we'll seat them.

>>44415197
"Anon: for a human slave in every home."
>>
>>44415197
I don't want to make a slave of this female.

I want to cut it open and see what makes it tick. See how it works. So we may learn its weaknesses are so we might exploit them should we ever come into combat.

Also I want to see if we can make a good meal out of them.
>>
>>44414650
>>44414695
>>44414813
>>44414825

We decide to start harvesting rusty chunks of metal from the broken machinery to make tools with. By wrapping handles made of rat skin around suitably sized chunks of metal we can make a vast variety of improvised knives, hammers, chisels, trowels, hand axes, sickles, saws amongst other simple cutting, piercing and bashing tools.

We tell our hunters to stockpile some food; they fashion a cage out of something resembling a large metal barrel and stuff it with rats that the catch; to ensure they won't flee, they break the rats limbs before throwing them in the rat barrel. We could probably look into better methods of food preservation.

We could tan the rat skins to make leather if we could find a source of bark somewhere. We can also have someone fashioning some improvised weapons if needed, mainly knives, throwing spears and halberds, possibly also shields, if needed.

We send out military to kidnap some of the humans in the ruin. We manage to capture four human females before they notice our lizards there; some of the humans scream while others throw objects at our lizards. One of our spearlizards was hit pretty badly in the forehead by a brick while covering the rest of the lizards retreat and fell unconscious; our soldiers were unable to retrieve him safely and he was abandoned, his fate unknown.

The four human females are wearing clothes made of cotton or wool and have no weapons. They are currently tied and gagged in the main room. They drink the water we bring them but don't seem very keen on eating rat meat. Our leader has only a rudimentary understanding of human language.

Our people seems confortable enough in the caves; many females start preparing nests in isolated crevices.

What should we do now?
>specify
>>
>>44415277
Civ quest. Not fetish quest.
>>
>>44415283
Trade back the humans for food preserving technology
>>
>>44415283
Is there salt in the sewer water? If so, we could cure the rat hides.

I guess we should patiently interrogate the human females. Get them to teach some of our more linguistically-oriented kin their strange language.
>>
>>44415283

Study human females. Learn human biology and language.

Retrieve lost hunter.

>>44415295
Do you fail to see the benefits of having test subjects of other races?
>>
>>44415283
yesss what gnomeslayer said. If we wissh to fight thin skinss we must inssult them correctly!
>>
>>44415340
how exactly do you propose we do that?
>>44415347
the sewers are vast, under the human town most water drained is either rain water or sewage, but some areas to the west drain salt water, so yes.
>>44415391
should we send the military back through the same tunnel to see if they can find the whereabouts of the lost spearlizard?

aight so a quick recap
Sewer Lizardmen Settlement

Population: 89 lizardmen (29m/30f/30ch), 2 giant lizards (m/f), 4 humans (4f, prisoners)
Military: 9 spearlizards (9m)
Workers: 20 hunters (15m/5f)
Equipment: Improvised rusty tools
Resources: rats, rat skins, chunks of rusty metal
Food: Steady supply for 100 people (rat meat)
Constructions: rat storage
Scout report: Sewer - N (mostly unexplored exits to surface), S (mostly unexplord under human town, large rat breeding chamber, rain water source, mostly unexplored surface ruin exits, mostly unexplored inhabited surface ruin exit with 15-25 humans), W (moslty unexplored salt water source), E (mostly unexplored); surface,- N (home fortress, unexplored mountain further north), S (human/dwarf town 1000-2000 hab, unexplored ruins outside human town), W (unexplored swamp), E (unexplored forest)
>>
>>44415283
Maybe have a scout to see what has happened to the wounded spearlizard, we might be able to ransom him.
>>
>>44415786
Do we know some kind of language in common with the humans? Could we write them a proposal?
>>
>>44415786
Yes. Send the sneakiest lizards we have to save our man.
>>
>>44415340
>>44415347
>>44415391
>>44415823

We start curing rat hides with salt water in the western tunnels. It's a very time consuming job, so we assign 5 lizards to do it, freeing up the hunters time. After being cured they're fit for long term storage; with some bark we could make leather.

We start studying the human biology and language. We some of our females and young lizards with our prisoners in an efforts to communicate with them in a friendly manner. One of the prisoners seems particularly receptive to our communication attempts; if we understood right it seems they are starving, and she says eating raw rat meat will make humans sick. How fascinating! The prisoners request cooked food or fuel to light a fire and a heatable container so they can cook the meat themselves.

We send a scout to sneak around to the tunnel to the surface ruin and check what happened to the wounded spearlizard. He reports back telling the ruined house is empty and the lizard is nowhere to be seems. Looks like the humans dwelling there relocated after the attack.

>>44415977
our people have a sacred written language our leader can write and read in it, but the rest of us are currently illiterate. the home fortress has sages and priests from whom the leader learned sacred writ, we could send word asking for migrants.
Our females are in heat. How do we manage that?
> The traditional way. The males pick whichever and however many females they want, any female chosen by more than one male prompts them to fight till death, the winner gets the loser harem. Expect many deaths.
> Reward the warriors with two females each, let the remaining females pick whichever non warrior they want. Population might revolt.
> Leader have all the females for himself. Population might revolt.
> Tell the females to pick a different male each. They might fight each other for the strongest ones, so expect some deaths.
> Other (specify)

What should we do now?
> specify
>>
>>44416201
Last one for the mating.
We need more population and so avoid unecessary deaths.
Also in regards to human prisoners, in the future might it be possible to kidnap human children and indoctrinate them to work for us, like the muslims did with captured slav kids?
>>
>>44416201
Mating season can be a huge debauched party, with females encouraged to mate with as many of the males as possible.

(We'll raise the next generation collectively.)

Beyond that, I guess we should find some wood and get the humans to teach us about this "cooked food" business.
>>
>>44416201
>handle it like the traditional way but stop it shot of to the death if possibly. Don't want to lose too many right now.

>get the humans a means to cook their food
>>
>>44416274
I like the way this guy thinks

We should work on feeding our captives. Also, set up a make shift school to teach out people to read and write.

Lastly, now that the houses are empty, start looting them for parts.
>>
>>44416343
This is a good plan.
>>
>>44416368
Thanks.
I wish my teachers would have thought the same thing
Also
After hearing this>>44416343
I retract my comment
>>44416274
>>
>>44416343
>>44416389
>>44416431
This.
>>
are we going to do time skips every now and then so children will age up?
>>
>>44416533
Lets do that
>>
>>44416201
>>44416343

Good idea, but we will need more food then.

Now if you excussse me. I need prepare for ssuch tradition
>>
>>44416274
>>44416343
>>44416362
>>44416368
>>44416389
>>44416431
>>44416540 sure

Leader Mundi-ankhn (?) decides that we can't take the population toll usually involved in out traditional mating rituals. Instead he encourages the females to mate with as many males as possible.
The whole affair is very awkward for the males, as their every instinct tells them to murder anyone who tries to mate with a female they covet or mated with recently, and a few sudden and rather bloody brawls have to be stopped now and then; most females don't seem to mind, as they still get to mate with the strongest males anyway.

We loot some wood, bricks and old metal objects off the ruined houses. The prisoners express desire for some of the metal objects we find, a container of some sort and a bunch of metal things of various shapes, telling its cooking utensils. There are many sharp and stabbing things amongst the supplies they requested.
> Grant them the utensils requested
> Grant it but take away the sharp and stabbing ones
> Deny them the utensils, ony give them some wood for fire
> Don't give them anything, let them either eat raw meat or starve to death

There's plenty more stuff to be scavenged from the ruins. Should we assign civilians as full time scavengers?
> Assign 5 civilians as full time scavengers
> No, but allow any idle civilians to go scavenging
> Might dangerous, have the military scavenge instead

Leader thinks it would be useful to set up a school and start teaching our people how to read and write. He's currently the only one initiated in the sacred writ, so he would have to spend a significant chunk of his time teaching. Should the leader assume a teaching role?

Our giant lizards made a nest, the female laid 8 eggs. Rats might find them tasty. Assign animal caretakers to watch for the eggs?
The hunters report noise from the human town has been going on all night long for a couple nights now, they must be up to something.

What should we do now?
> specify
>>
>>44416898
> Grant it but take away the sharp and stabbing ones
> Assign 5 civilians as full time scavengers
>Clean out the section of the sewers we are living in to make it as healthy, safe and homey as we can.
>>
>>44416898
Give the prisoners wood and fire.
Allow any idle citizens to go scavenging, except for pregnant females.
Maybe try to learn some more of the human language, it could be useful
>>
>>44416898
Next mating season, any male found fighting will be excluded from the orgy. It's not only an effective punishment, it'll tend to breed a less jealous lizardman.

Give the captives a "How stupid do you think we are?" look and tell them that they can use wooden utensils if their claws aren't good enough. Which they aren't. (Useless humans.)
>>
>>44416898
Give them stuff but no sharp objects

Start working on new tools
>>
>>44416898
As for the eggs, let's get that collective parentage thing going early. Guarding the eggs is a rostered duty and everyone takes a turn.
>>
>>44416949
>>44416967
>>44417004
>>44417087
>>44417367

We grant them the requested utensils but take away all the sharp and stabbing things, giving them a "How stupid do you think we are?" look. They light a fire and spend some time every day boiling water with chunks of meat in it, smearing meat against hot pans or burning chunks of meat in sticks. Seems like alot of work for how bad it tastes. We assign a few more hunters to account for how much those humans eat.

We assign 5 full time scavengers and tell the idlers they can go haul back stuff from the ruins whenever they want. They keep bringing a steady stream of broken furniture, rock blocks and bricks.

As he didn't assume the role full time, leader have been too busy to teach anyone anything. Rats were found roaming dangerously close to the giant lizards eggs. Anomalous amounts of rats are seem near our home room, possibly attracted by the smell of human cooked food.

We attempt to tidy the large chamber in the sewers we occupy to feel more homely.
The four main tunnels are impractically large to barricade with out current materials, but the smaller ones are feasible. Should we barricade all the smaller tunnels branching from our chamber that we're not currently using?
> Give order to dump bricks and blocks into the side tunnels until they're impassable
> Give order to nail wooden planks to all the side tunnels not in use
> Keep ignoring the side tunnels not in use

We decide to have the nests in a central area instead of the usual isolated corners, so everybody can take turns guarding them. 28 of our females lay a total of 200 eggs.

We initiate 7 of our children as adults (5m/2f).

The nightly noises from the human town persist for a few more nights then they resume the usual night silence.

What should we do now?
> specify
>>
>>44417827
Nail the side tunnels.
Maybe build a raised dais to keep the eggs on so the rats cant get at them so quick
>>
>>44417827
> Give order to nail wooden planks to all the side tunnels not in use
Make weapons and train some fighters. Looks like those rats will be a problem.
>>
>>44417827
Start educating some of the newly-inducted adults as scribes or learned folk.

Quiz the humans on their home town. Also on whether gnomes are known to frequent the area.

Seal off the side tunnels.
>>
Population: 89 lizardmen (34m/32f/23ch) + 200 eggs, 2 giant lizards (m/f) + 8 eggs, 4 humans (4f, prisoners)
Military: 9 spearlizards (9m)
Workers: 25 hunters (16m/9f), 5 scavengers (2m/3f), 5 tanners (2m/3f). 22 idlers (5m/17f) defaulting to scavenging (5m) and guarding the nest (17f).
Equipment: Improvised rusty tools
Resources: rats, rat skins, cured rat hides (hundreds), broken wooden furniture (dozens), rusty cooking utensils (few), bricks (hundreds), rock blocks (hundreds)
Food: Steady supply for 125 people (rat meat)
Scout report: Sewer - N (mostly unexplored exits to surface), S (mostly unexplord under human town, large rat breeding chamber, rain water source, partially looted surface ruin exits), W (moslty unexplored salt water source), E (mostly unexplored); surface,- N (home fortress, unexplored mountain further north), S (human/dwarf town 1000-2000 hab, unexplored ruins outside human town), W (unexplored swamp), E (unexplored forest)
>>
We really need to find a use for these human slaves.

Perhaps they could be egg-tenders, working under supervision at first? That uses their "warm blood" superpower, I guess.
>>
>>44418046
Human/lizard hybrids?
>>44417996
Also does the sewer run under the town?
>>
>>44418104
>hybrids
No.
>>
>>44418138
Fair enough.
Farm them for food?
Have them be the 'face' that we communicate to other humans with?
>>
Indoctrinate the humans to total loyalty to Lizard folk
>>
>>44418192
I think sending them up to the surface is a fast-track to trouble.

>>44418243
Sounds good but how would we know?

I think that getting them to be tutors for the young'uns is probably the best we're going to get. Admittedly, they got abducted as fetish fuel, so their lack of utility is unsurprising.
>>
>>44418309
We break their minds and use them for resource gathering
>>
>>44417889
>>44417897
>>44417974
>>44418046
>>44418104 yes, the south section where you get rain water and the fat rats dwell

One of our scavengers found a room with a dozen stone coffins with human skeletons inside in one ruin. Three of the coffins had surprisingly well preserved swords in them; 8 had rusty chain mails; all of them had shiny baubles and trinkets.

Some lizards are concerned about the safety of the nest; Mundi-ankhn decides that we should make more weapons. 5 lizards are assigned to weapon making with the rusty metal available.

We can make knives, throwing spears and halberds. Knives can be improvised into combat spears at any time with some wood. We can make shields and bucklers out of wood. We currently have no way to fashion proper armor, but our warrior are very agile and can dodge and parry most things effectively.

Standard weapon loadout of spearlizard is: combat spear, throwing spear (5), wooden buckler. Our 9 spearlizards are competent or skilled melee fighters, adequate or competent ranged fighters.
There's no standard weapon loadout for civilians. Some of them carry bricks. Our 25 hunters are novice or adequate melee or ranged fighters. Some of the other civilians are novice melee or ranged fighters.

We can change the stardard loadout if we want, or create new ones. Spears are our traditional weapon, but we can use other weapons as well if available.

Leader decides to have all the unnused side tunnel entrances nailed with planks. Weak creatures should be unable to breach the tunnels, stronger ones should at least make lots of noise, line of sight is blocked, wood might rot eventually, rats might be able to gnaw the wood but probably won't unless they are desperate for some reason. The job doesn't take long but uses most of our available wood from broken furniture. It feels somewhat safer.

What should we do now?
> Fast forward till the eggs hatch
> Fast forward till winter
> (other) specify
>>
>>44418368
>We break their minds
We hardly speak their language. How would we know if they were really on team lizardfolk?
>>
>>44418491
With the universal language of dick. When they start begging for hemi-penises we know they are ready.
>>
>>44418488
Fast forward to the eggs hatching.
>>
These humans are useless.
We can't let them go though. So lets Just kill them. Maybe eat them to see if they make good food.
>>
>>44418488
Scavenge some more to fortify the larger tunnels.
>>
>>44418488
While we wait for the eggs to hatch, try and learn more about humans from our captives, and in turn, teach them about us.

Also, we should prepare for Winter. Lizards and the cold don't mix, so we need to get ready.
>>
>>44418586
They can do a few things we can't. Their being warmblooded might come in handy. They can help our people learn the human language. Their digits might be nimbler than ours. It's just a matter of finding the right work for them to do.
>>
>>44418723
Adding on to this: we should ask the humans what they were doing in town.
>>
another status assessment

Sewer Lizardmen Settlement (lightly barricaded; food stable; safe-ish)
Leader Mundi-ankhn, Prince of Lizard Kingdom
Population: 89 lizardmen (34m/32f/23ch) + 200 eggs, 2 giant lizards (m/f) + 8 eggs, 4 humans (4f, prisoners)
Military: 9 spearlizards (9m) (combat spear, 5 throwing spears, buckler; all adequate or competent melee/ranged fighters)
Workers: 25 hunters (16m/9f), 5 scavengers (2m/3f), 5 tanners (2m/3f). 22 idlers (5m/17f) defaulting to scavenging (5m; bricks, rock blocks and broken furniture at ruins S) and guarding the nest (17f).
Equipment: Improvised rusty tools, 3 iron swords, 8 rusty chain mails
Resources: rats, rat skins, cured rat hides (hundreds), broken wooden furniture (few), rusty cooking utensils (few), bricks (hundreds), rock blocks (hundreds), shiny baubles and trinkets (couple handfuls), rock coffin (dozen)
Food: Steady supply for 125 people (rat meat)
Constructions: rat storage, wooden barricades
Scout report: Sewer - N (mostly unexplored exits to surface), S (mostly unexplord under human town, large rat breeding chamber, rain water source, partially looted surface ruin exits), W (moslty unexplored salt water source), E (mostly unexplored); surface,- N (home fortress, unexplored mountain further north), S (human/dwarf town 1000-2000 hab, unexplored ruins outside human town), W (unexplored swamp), E (unexplored forest)

also a non exaustive list of actions, feel free to suggest different stuff

> Gather Resources (fish, bats, mushrooms, other specify)
> Explore (tunnels - pick direction, human town, surrounding ruins, other specify)
> Military action (recruit, train, change loadout, scout, kidnap, raid, murder, other specify; specify target)
> Relocate (forest, mountain, swamp, ruins, other specify)
> Assign Worker (hunter, scavenger, tanner, teacher, other specify)
> Construct (rock/brick barricade, raised dais, other specify)
> Fast forward time (till winter, till eggs hatch, other specify)
> Other (specify)
>>
>>44418956
Let's search for fibrous plants, suitable for weaving into threads and fabric.
>>
>>44418956
OP you never stated if humans... or anyone for that matter, have ever seen or heard of Lizardmen?
If a few of our people went into town, would they react?
>>
>>44418956
> Explore surrounding ruins
> Assign tanner and teacher
> Construct raised dais for eggs
>>
hey since we got rats coming in because of the smell of human food, lets kill the bastards!
Extra food!
>>
>>44419080
This
>>
>>44419097
The humans still might be useful and the rats aren't a problem yet. Besides the rats coming to us makes it easier on the hunters.
>>
>>44418585
>>44418663
>>44418723
>>44418789
>>44419015

Before the eggs hatching Prince Mundi-ankhn orders a focus on more scavenging, antecipating a need to fortify the larger tunnels. Several ruins are stripped clean as we haul thousands of bricks and rock blocks back to our main chamber.

Meanwhilewe try to learn more about the humans from out captive. Prince Mundi-ankhn makes them learn and repeat his name; he thinks they understand our leader is boss here. They in turn name a certain "Sige" a human who's some kind of boss in the human town; you learn they call their town "Aynsfalls". You learn these female humans were prisoners from human outlaws. You're not entirelly sure of this part but apparently humans mate even when their females are not in heat and pay each other shiny baubles and trinkets that can be exchanged for useful stuff so they can mate with each other's females. Sometimes humans capture females to accumulate shiny baubles from renting them, and even though this is against their law the bosses and warriors still let it happen and are the main female renters. Humans are weird.

When asked about the commotion in town from nights before you learn about a "Harvest Day Party". Apparently when human gatherers find lots of edible things they feel compelled to throw a party that lasts many nights, where they consume toxic substances and mate more or less indiscriminatelly. That sort of makes sense more or less.

Most of our people is butt naked. With our inability to locate materials to make leather and fur we don't have blankets and sleeping bags for the winter yet. Some people suggest finding fibrous plants suitable for weaving into threads and fabric. A small group with military escort is sent to the surface to look for such plants. They bring back a bunch of poisonous grass that looks suitable for making thread. Our people knows how to make threads and ropes but weaving clothes is currently beyond our cultural accomplishments
>>
>>44419421
Welp. Let's start spinning thread and send a party out to look for tanbark..
>>
>>44419421
so we got a bunch of hookers.
Great.
we can use all the rat leather to make blankets and such. Right?

Maybe see if the humans know how to make clothes?
>>
we really got the shaft. I think we could move.

According to the chart, we get an extra 'perk'

Did we ever pick one?
>>
>>44419421
>>44419036 Humans know about the existence of lizardmen, but we're thought to be long extinct in this region. Our status as a sapient species is constested in some places. They'd probably react in a scared/violent if we simply strolled towards their city - they'd consider us another type of monster
>>44419080

We could assign plant gatheres and rope makers. We will need roughly 3 times more plant gatherers than we'll need rope makers. Should we assign 15 plant gatherers and 5 rope makers?

We send out our military again to explore the surrounding ruins. They report that the ruins seems to form over a dozen distinct self contained pockets with breached walls similar in size to the human town. At least half a dozen such pockets are moslty outside the sight of the human watchtowers; we've been scavenging the closest one to us, the farthest one to the human town. The amount of stone and bricks that can be scavenged out of so many districts is ridiculously large, it's like a metropole for more than a hundred thousand people collapsed somehow. From the looks of it the human town is a squatting settlement in these ruins too. Here's a rough sketch.

--* <- north tunnel surface exits
--- <- grasslands
#%# <- ruin district we are scavenging and other ruin districts
### <- more ruin districts
#&& <- one run district and ruin districts within the human settlement line of sight
#&$ <- ruin district, ruin district within line of sight of humans, human settlement
The eggs hatch! 129 lizardlings spawn, 5 of them defective (1 eyeless, 3 deformed limbs, 1 two headed). Kill the defective ones? Y/N
How should we handle the healthy ones?
> The traditional way. Let the stronger kill and eat the weaker for a healthy generation.
> Maximize survival by separating the feeble ones before the stronger ones can kill them. Will need lots of nursery assignments and extra food.
> Other (specify)

Leaves fall from trees. Winter will be upon us soon.

What should we do now?
> specify
>>
>>44419872
Tradition hasn't exactly been working out for our species lately. Let's separate out the hatchlings into cadres of roughly equal strength to avoid the strong preying on the weak before their higher faculties develop. The humans can look after the real defectives - if they do well at this task, then they can be trusted with more important things.

As for fabric: rope won't keep us warm. We need tanbark to turn our cured hides into leather, and thread to stitch that material into garments.
>>
>>44419947
no one knows how to make clothes, apparently. Our people cannot read, even. So...
I'm running out of ideas of what to do.
>>
>>44419872
Status up date and maybe some estimates on the nursery requirements?
>>
>>44420000
>no one knows how to make clothes, apparently
I don't the the CivAnon has told us that. We don't know how to weave, but we do know how to make thread, rope, and leather. That's enough for clothing.
>>
>>44419947
Maybe we can also have the humans look after some of the weakest hatchlings along with the deformed.
>>
how about we kidnap more humans to use as slaves.
>>
>>44420103
Hmm, that could get ugly. Maybe after we've settled in and can make sure we don't freeze to death. Finding more of those illegal brothels to take girls from would probably be the safest way. I mean they are already missing and the only people we'd really have to contend with over their ownership would be some bandits.
>>
>>44419872
Assign a tanner and try to get the materials for leather.
>>
focus everything on getting ready for winter, and caring for the newborns.

Build shelters, collect wood, ext

All in favor of this?
>>
>>44419947
Let's also assign more hunters to keep up with food consumption.
>>
>>44420292
>Winter is coming.
Sounds good.
>>
>>44420006 sure

Sewer Lizardmen Settlement (lightly barricaded; food stable; safe-ish)
Population: 218 lizardmen (34m/32f/152ch) , 2 giant lizards (m/f) + 8 eggs, 4 humans (4f, prisoners)
Military: 9 spearlizards (9m) (combat spear, 5 throwing spears, buckler; all adequate or competent melee/ranged fighters)
Workers: 25 hunters (16m/9f), 5 scavengers (2m/3f), 5 tanners (2m/3f). 22 idlers (5m/17f) defaulting to scavenging (0m; bricks, rock blocks and broken furniture at ruins S) and hunting food for the young (4m/17f).
Equipment: Improvised rusty tools, 3 iron swords, 8 rusty chain mails
Resources: rats, rat skins, cured rat hides (hundreds), broken wooden furniture (few), rusty cooking utensils (few), bricks (thousands), rock blocks (thousands), shiny baubles and trinkets (couple handfuls), rock coffin (dozen), dogsbane (sample)
Food: Steady supply for 125 + 105 people (rat meat; assigned+idle hunters)
Constructions: rat storage, wooden barricades
Scout report: Sewer - N (mostly unexplored exits to surface), S (mostly unexplord under human town, large rat breeding chamber, rain water source, partially looted surface ruin exits, ), W (mostly unexplored salt water source), E (mostly unexplored); surface,- N (home fortress, unexplored mountain further north), S (human/dwarf town 1000-2000 hab, 7+ unexplored ruin districts, 3+ unexplored exposed ruin districts), W (unexplored swamp), E (unexplored forest, dogsbane source)

nursery requirements roughly 1 per 5 young
projected survival rate of traditional method less than half of the young
>>
is it just me or does it seem like we are not getting anything done.
>>
>>44420389
Let's assign the humans to look after the weakest and the deformed and 20 of our idlers to the nursery. Have the other two start trying to fashion some clothes from the rat leather.
>>
OP is kill
>>
>>44419510
>>44419947
>>44419586
>>44420529

In an unprecedented decision Prince Mundi-ankhn decides not to kill the defective hatchlings. Even their mothers are filled with disgust, many wonder whether that won't offend the gods, some question his sanity. The defective ones are entrusted to the care of human prisoners. The weak but healthy ones are separated from the stronger ones to be raised in small clusters without visibly dominant ones - that should reduce the amount of killings amongst siblings. Many fear this will be a sickly and coward generation - if the winter doesn't swallow us all.

Worried about the approaching winter we start focusing our efforts on gathering plants. As our usual idlers have their hands full, we gather plants with our military and assigned scavengers. We send one of our tanners to go look for the materials for leather and he finds out the forest to the east has plenty of tanbark trees. We start our leather production at full speed with all our stockpile cured rat hides; we also make some spindle and distaffs and get to spinning, the tanner are the ones who do most of the thread spinning.

By the end of the season we exhausted our rat hides supply and got about 60 pairs of rat fur blankets and rat fur sleeping bags.

Our wood stockpile is low and might last the whole winter if used sparingly.

How do we survive the winter?

Blankets and sleeping bags:
> Prioritize warriors
> Prioritize adults
> Share equally amongst adults and children
> Prioritize children

Fuel:
> Use early and use often
> Save for later and use often
> Use early and use sparingly
> Save for later and use sparingly

Gather wood during the winter? Y/N

Food:
> Keep hunting rats non stop
> Hunt only when the stocks are low
> Hunt only when stocks deplete
> Avoid hunting at all if possible

Should we do something else during the winter?
>specify
>>
>>44420949 not yet
>>
>>44421021
There is no way we are going to survivor. Between the defective and the weak, we won't have enough resources.
We need to be traditional.

As for blankets and sleeping bags, prioritize the strong children and the adults. and the humans I guess.
>>
>>44421021
> Share equally amongst adults and children
> Save for later and use sparingly
>Gather wood during the winter?
Yes but sparingly and on the less harsh days
> Keep hunting rats non stop

See if we can insulate our living area to conserve fuel.
>>
>>44421107
Let's also encourage the sharing of sleeping bags and blankets if more than one person will fit, especially with the young. Saves on bags and the shared body heat will help stave off the cold.
>>
>>44421021
>Should we do something else during the winter?
Ask the human women to go to the surface and plead for aid. Even though we didn't really understand them, we rescued them from slavers, fed them and protected them. If we can treat humans so well, and have dwelt beneath the town without molesting its inhabitants for so long, who are they to say we're "monsters"?
>>
It would be awesome if Eyeless grew up to be a gifted mystic or something.
>>
>>44421021
We can replace the boarded over side tunnels with bricks to get more fuel to burn.
>>
>>44421087
>>44421107
>>44421163
>>44421218
>>44421249

We decide to share the blankets and sleeping bags as equally as feasible amongst children and adults; we decide to save the wood for later and use sparingly; we decide to keep hunting rats non stop. We also decide to send some lizards to gather wood during the winter.

We encourage the sharing of sleeping bags and decide to rip of the wood from the barricaded tunnels and sleep together in a smaller blocked with bricks tunnel section so as to better insulate in order to conserve fuel.

We decide to release our human prisoners unharmed. Prince Mundi-ankhn asks them to plead other humans for aid, speak of the good treatment receive and spread word that we mean no harm. Three of them hastly leave headed south to the human town. One of the human prisoners make a case of having nowhere to go back to and that she'd just be captured and forced to work for the same outlaws again if she went back. She seems willing to live with us indefinitelly. Should we let the human female stay? Y/N

During the first moon we burn barely any fuel, hunt as usual; the weather is merciful and we gather some wood. It snows a couple days.
2 scavengers get frostbytes
6 hunters get frostbytes
1 adult gets frostbytes
14 children get frostbytes
>>
>>44421606

During the second moon we burn some fuel, hunt as usual; the weather is inclement and we gather no more wood. It snows almost every day.
12 hunters get frostbytes
2 hunters froze to death
13 adults get frostbytes
4 adults froze to death
36 children gets frostbytes
22 children froze to death
1 giant lizard gets frostbytes

During the third moon we burn most of our remaing fuel, hunt as usual; the weather is severe and we gather no more wood. It snows about every other day.

1 scavenger get frostbytes
3 hunters get frostbytes
1 hunter froze to death
27 adults get frostbytes
1 adult froze to death
27 children gets frostbytes
8 children froze to death

This winter claimed the lives of 3 hunters, 5 adults and 30 children; it remains to be seem whether the 3 scavengers, 21 hunters , 41 adults, 77 children and 1 giant lizard touched by the winter will recover.
13 children are initiated as adults (8m/5f).

Winter has passed.

What should we do now?
>specify
>>
>>44421606
Let the human stay.

Prepare for war. We are about to be exterminated.
>>
>>44421606
Let her stay.
Train the newly matured to replace those we lost.
Assign one or two of our most cleaver to full time overseeing of resources with the goal to make sure we have a good stock pile ready for next winter.
>>
>>44421679
Try to tend to those touch by winter as best we can and help them recover.
>>
We are so fucked
>>
>>44421606
So OP, what is our time scale here? How long is a turn and how much can we do each turn? Not being clear on that I think kind left us a bit off guard when winter came.
>>
alright, I think I got it right. 38 dead, pretty much everyone is winter sick, including one of the giant lizards. We're no longer food stable and we have no barricades.

Population: 180 lizardmen (38m/34f/109ch; 38m/24f/77ch sick) , 2 giant lizards (m/f; m is sick) + 8 eggs, 1 human (f)
Military: 9 spearlizards (9m; 9 sick) (combat spear, 5 throwing spears, buckler; all adequate or competent melee/ranged fighters)
Workers: 22 hunters (13m/9f; 13m/8f sick), 5 scavengers (2m/3f; 2m/2f sick), 5 tanners (2m/3f; all sick). 31 idlers (12m/19f; 12m/11f sick) defaulting to scavenging (0m; bricks, rock blocks and broken furniture at ruins S) and hunting (12m/19f)
Equipment: Improvised rusty tools, 3 iron swords, 8 rusty chain mails, 68 rat fur blankets, 61 rat fur sleeping bags
Resources: rats, rat skins, cured rat hides (barely any), rat fur hide (barely any), broken wooden furniture (barely any), rusty cooking utensils (few), bricks (thousands), rock blocks (thousands), shiny baubles and trinkets (couple handfuls), rock coffin (dozen), dogsbane (barrelful), thread (few balls)
Food: Steady supply for (105/2)+5+(115/2)+40 = 155 out of 191 needed (rat meat; assigned+idle hunters. Sick work at half efficiency.). We are currently starving.
Scout report: Sewer - N (mostly unexplored exits to surface), S (mostly unexplord under human town, large rat breeding chamber, rain water source, partially looted surface ruin exits, ), W (mostly unexplored salt water source), E (mostly unexplored); surface,- N (home fortress, unexplored mountain further north), S (human/dwarf town 1000-2000 hab, 7+ unexplored ruin districts, 3+ unexplored exposed ruin districts), W (unexplored swamp), E (unexplored forest, dogsbane source)

>>44421804
depends on how much stuff to get done, can be a few days or weeks, can be a month, can be a season. basically until something is done or happens.
>>
>>44421939
Let's assign how ever many idlers needed from scavenging to hunting to keep from starving and the rest split between building brick barricades and finding ways to help the sick recover.
>>
>>44421641
>>44421679
>>44421722
>>44421731

We allowed the human female to stay with us.

We've survived the winter, if only barely. The winter touch will leave its marks on all that lived through it. Our hunters are too sick to provide for everyone.

Should we eat our dead? Y/N
Should we slaughter one of the giant lizards for meat? Y/N

We tend to the winter sick as well as we can but there's so many. It's a shame that we have no shaman, sage or priest with us.

Should we send word to the underground fortress of our sickness? Y/N

Some of our scavengers see human patrols roaming the ruins. Those patrols are composed of up to six humans, some of them carrying swords, some carrying spears and some carrying crossbows. They all wear leather boots and gloves, metal chainmail and helmets and a large wooden shield strapped to their back. Underneath their armor they wear wool or cotton clothes. Some of them wear capes or cloaks. They look disciplined but careless. Their purpose is unknown.

What should we do next?
>specify
>>
>>44421939
Winter may have been rough on the humans as well.

We attack.

>a few fires to divide the city up
>use our superior fighting skills
>take prisoners
>>
>>44422056
Send the human female out (with some sort of protection) to see what they want
When we all die do we switch to fey since they were the runner up?
>>
>>44422073
This is a bad plan. We should not do this plan as most of our people are sick and we have no reason to believe the humans who are used to dealing with above ground seasons suffered any where nearly as bad as we did.
>>
>>44422056
>Should we eat our dead?
Is it a taboo? If it is then no.
>Should we slaughter one of the giant lizards for meat?
Yes the sick male. Btw how are the eggs for them doing?
>Should we send word to the underground fortress of our sickness?
Yes, explain that the above ground winters was much harsher than expected.

>>44422088
>>
>>44422117
We don't want to call daddy for help yet do we?
>>
>>44422162
Considering, that many of us are sick and possibly going to die? Yeah, we probably do.
>>
>>44422162
We need to call someone for help or we are all going to die
>>
>>44422189
How sick?
>bio-warfare sick?
>>
>>44422073
There are bad plans
And then there are terrible plans

This is a fucking awful plan
>>
I have some suggestions

-Choose a racial ability. As demonstrated on the chart, we are allowed to choose a bonus perk. http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1451262908117.png
Present options. If possible, i would recommend a terrain bonus for ssewers (or caves, or whatever's applicable)

-Do not kill the giant lizards. Start training them a bit, taking them out for exercise.

-Gather wood from outside the city if possible. We can take the giant lizards and use their strength to snap smaller trees
>>
-Decide whether to eat our dead based on lizard cultural norms. do what is traditionally expected.

-start searching for alternative food sources. perhaps animals to hunt outside, fruit trees, beehives, etc.

-send some scouts out to deeper parts of the sewers, and especially to report on the rat situation and population levels
>>
Definitely don't attack the humans, dont even make contact.

Start mating with the human female that stayed, see if we can produce hybrids.
>>
>>44422362
Fuck it. See if that's possible. Maybe it'll make something that can survive the winter.
>>
>>44422073
>>44422088 we're not dead yet, and we'd vote again if we were to start over
>>44422089
>>44422117 not taboo. in fact we've been doing far less canibalism than the traditions recommend lately.

Some consider an attack on the humans but such plan is quickly dismissed as suicidal due to the poor state of our general health.

We decide to send the human female living with us (she calls herself "Witha") to go check what the humans patrolling the ruins want. We wanted to send a patrol following her but our military is bedridden. We wish her good luck.
She comes back the following day.
Apparently the other former prisoners spreaded around word of lizardmen dwelling in the sewers, but they enjoyed little credibility since nobody has seem a lizardmen in a hundred years; but them someone showed up with the head of a lizardmen as proof and their leader used it as leverage to draft lots of young humans into the military. The incessant patrols walking around the ruins are those new recruits. They were going to arrest her for vagrancy but she convinced them to let her go somehow.

We decide to send word of the harsher than expected winter to the undergroung fortress and ask for help with our sickness; 2 of our last few healthy people are dispatched for this purposed.

We slaughter the sick giant lizard and eat his meat. We decide to eat the meat of our dead. This human living with us seems horrified, apparently eating the dead will also get humans sick.

About a week later our messengers come back with a group of 24 lizardmen:
10 hunters
10 spearlizards
2 shamans
1 high priest
1 sage

The high priest tells us he has come by order of the king; the sage tagged along out of curiosity.
The priest and shamans start tending to the sick; you're told most of them will survive.
>>
>>44422398
Mate with female human

For science
>>
>>44422398
that's four fairly educated people in our new colonists. Set them up as teachers in their spare time, the next generation of lizards should be literate and intelligent

also, try to make leather armour out of ratskins
>>
>>44422398

Upon investigating the health of our people the high priest seems disgusted with the fact that you haven't sacrificed the deformed ones on birth; distressed with the small size of most of our children.
He express his displeasure with our many breaches of tradition; he tells us traditions exist for good reason and shouldn't be breached carelessly or on a whim.
Upon bestowing basic healthcare upon our people the high priest and the entourage of spearlizards that came with him take their leave, the shamans motion to leave with him but he says that although due to our many sins we're not worthy of his presence we shouldn't be left without spiritual guidance. He tells us to choose one of his apprentices to stay. Neither seems particularly happy about it.
> Choose the fire attuned apprentice
> Choose the ice attuned apprentice

We're told what kinds of herb to look for and our healthy people look for it. The hunters that came with the high priest stay and help us getting food.

The sage is willing to stay. He gets very curious about the human and start talking to her right away. He seems capable of speaking human. He tells us his master was once a diplomat in foreign lands and taught him sylvan, dwarvish, gnomish and human language. He's attuned to earth and knows how to find mineral veins and work metals. He wears a tattered cloak and carries a staff. He's very old, its hard to tell how much more he'll live.

What should we do next?
>specify
>>
>>44422523
Eat the dead
Kill the deformed

Mate with human female in the name of science. Have the Prince do it.

For science.
>>
>>44422523
choose the fire apprentice
then have him and the sage start work as teachers.

breed with the female

use the remaining giant lizard as a beast of burden to help with tasks
>>
What kind of idiot is the king for sending a pack of uneducated, nearly skilless people out into the wilderness with little to no aid?

He's a special kind of dumb.
>>
OP is kill
For real this time
>>
>>44422554
>>44422560
>>44422589
>>44422703 I'm still here but its monday morning, don't think there are many people here anymore and the suggestions are getting weirder

The Prince considers mating with the human female but quickly dismiss the idea as her form is not arousing for him, she doesn't seems to be on heat, let alone capable of laying eggs.

We chose the fire apprentice, much to his dismay. He says he's been perfecting the art of igniting fat from a distance concentrating on it.
He also knows how to render fat into tallow, make lamps and make tallow into lamp oil.

Besides the oitments, the shaman recommends laying in warm stones exposed to the sun and bathing the sick in heated water. Our people are recovering surprisingly well.

We decide to use the remaining giant lizard as a beast of burden to help with tasks. We use it to help hauling things we scavenge at the ruins.

Should we use the giant lizard in the surface? Y/N

Upon questioning the sage on why the king would send a pack of uneducated nearly skilless people out in the wild under his command he repplies that the king has lots of sons and problems keeping everyone fed, he has to let some go now and then. "Besides", says the sage, "thriving in adverse conditions is an uneering proof of worth."

The giant lizard eggs hatch!
7 hatchlings emerge. One egg didnt hatch.

What should we do next?
>specify
>>
>>44422782
search on the surface for alternative food sources. The rat population may not last.

and scout out the rats too
>>
Find someone who will attempt to mate with the female

For science

Use dead egg for food

Kill the deformed to please the ass hole sage
Them eat the dead.
>>
We're unsurprisingly low on quorum now so I'll call it a day. I'll be back tonight and I'll ask whether people want to continue this or start a new one.

See ya'll later.
>>
>>44422844
It was kind of a harsh start. It seem like you started us in late summer/early fall by how quick winter hit. And it was a pretty damn cold climate considering how much it snowed, a weird place for a lizardfolk. I was expecting some place more tropical or at least on the warm side of temperate.
>>
Bumpity
>>
>>44422782
>>44422782
kill deformed
eat
eat dead egg
assign 3 trainers to hatched lizards
assign 10 new lizardfolk to military

stay away from humans(for now)

let sage learn human-stuff from woman

fire-lizard can make burning oils or an equivalent
>>
OP here, can continue if there's interest.

>>44424666
reviewing the thread timeframe was something like this satan:
early spring
-settling in sewers
-scouting human town
-hunters assigned
mid spring
-gathering metal
-rat stockpile
-kidnapped humans
-curing rat hides
-females in heat
late spring
-scavengers assigned
-barricade built
-children initiated as adults
-humans had their harvest festival
-eggs laid
summer
early and mid summer
-tanners assigned
-base was food stable and barricaded, thus safe-ish
-mostly fast forwarded summer, spent hauling bricks, rocks and the odd broken furniture
-scouted the ruins
fall
early fall
-eggs hatched
we've spent most of fall rushing
-plant gathering
-thread making
-leather making
-cloth making
winter
-ill prepared, we had lots of deaths
-we used our barricade as fuel
-winter starded amene but grew increasingly vicious until it subsided.
year 2
early spring
-most of our people sick
-sent for aid
-eat the dead
-slaughter giant lizard
-human patrols sighted
-high priest and entourage arrived
-sick start healing
-children initiated as adults
mid spring
-high priest and entourage depart, leave shaman, sage and hunters behind
-sick mostly healed
-giant lizard eggs hatch
>>
>>44424666
Op did fine.

We made bad choices.
>>
>>44427149
I'm 'ere
>>
>>44427149
cont pls
>>
>>44427298
>>44427294

We partake in the treatment prescribed by the shaman; ovetime most of our people are nurtured back to health.

11 children however don't quite make it; their frostbytes were extremelly severe: 3 of them died, 8 of them are crippled for life and can no longer work properly.
Should we kill the cripples? Y/N

The memory of such a harsh winter will be with our people for quite awhile; we must be prepared for the next one.

Now that our hunters healed we have e have lots of idlers hunting and scavenging in their free time, maybe we should consider assigning them to dedicate full time to some task?

We have 82 adults distributed like this:
9 spearlizards
32 hunters
5 scavengers
5 tanners
31 idlers, 5 defaulting to hunting, 26 to scavenging ruins

Prince Mundi-ankhn makes an assessment of the general opinions on our settlement issues:
Our current dwelling place is not barricaded. This causes some restlessness.
Our current food preservation methods are crude at best. Maybe we should look into something more effective.
Our wood stocks come mainly from scavenged broken furniture. Maybe we should diversify.
We don't have enough blankes and sleeping bags for the winter. We don't have any portable shelter for keeping those going out during the winter warm either. Maybe we could make some tents.
Our main food source is rats from sewers under human town. Maybe we should diversify.
We have lots of rusty metal laying around. Maybe someone could those into useful stabbing things.
We also have some unnused equipment and objects that could be repurposed.
Our military could use some training and/or more recruits.
We've considered using the giant lizard as a beast of burden to help scavenging. Some more ropes and containers would help with stacking things on the lizard for transport.
The giant lizards hatchling require training or they might revert to a feral state.

What should we do next?
> specify
>>
>>44428064
Train some hunters to be spearzards.

Don't kill the kids but train them to become healers.

break the baby giant lizards into submission. and make some more clothes for fucks sake
>>
>>44428064

Kill and eat the Crippled Young.
Set 5 of the Idlers to Giant Lizard taming and care.
We can't go out and get lumber until we have either eliminated or allied with the humans. While we can't do anything for that now, it should be something to think about.
Set 5 of the idle to continually make, remake and improve upon weapons. They must be our armorers. Once we have forces, we can venture further into the Sewers.
>>
>>44428188 spearzards cool
>>44428197

We decide that we need some more spearzards; warriors are a chaste that traditionally enjoys some privileges.
How should we go about it?
> Let the current warrior pick an apprentice each amongst the hunters
> Send the hunters out on a pride hunting for large prey, the ones with the most impressive kills become new warriors
> Just assign some hunters to the ranks of warriors, no fuss
> Other (specify)

Although its a long standing tradition of our people, opinions are divided concerning killing and eating the crippled young, so they're left alive for the time being. We're keeping alive a total of 13 cripple children now. The more traditional lizards are disgusted.

We assign 5 idlers to clothmaking so as to be better prepared for the winter
We assign 5 idlers to giant lizard taming and care.
We assign 5 idlers to make weapons for our warriors

We decide not to go cut lumber for now, as we'd rather minimize our presence above ground in order to avoid attrition with humans for the time being.

We have plenty of rock blocks and bricks, people start wondering what to do with them. We could spare 10 workers for construction, but more would hurt our other activities.

Some people want to barricade the smaller tunnels. 10 workers might finish it before winter. Should we assign them? Y/N
The shaman requests 10 workers for the construction of a shrine. Should we grant his request? Y/N
The sage requests 10 workers for the construction of a school. Should we grant his request? Y/N
The warriors request 10 workers for the construction of barracks. Should we grant their request?

Our scavenging team reports sighting a large herd of herbivores moving about north of the ruins. From their description its some kind of wild cattle.
What should we do next?
> specify
>>
>>44428808
> Send the hunters out on a pride hunting for large prey, the ones with the most impressive kills become new warriors

Some people want to barricade the smaller tunnels. 10 workers might finish it before winter. Should we assign them? Y/N
>Y

Send the hunters after the cattle and start barricading shit.
>>
Kill the cripples. If only out of mercy.
The only one I would keep alive is No Eyes. He can be useful in come way or another.
>>
>>44428808
>>44429289

Agreed, Kill the Cripples, but maybe keep No Eyes, if he is still around.
> Let the current warrior pick an apprentice each amongst the hunters
No use having hunters killing themselves for meat that we don't even need.

Barricade the place. Shaman and Seer are luxuries at this point. Not that Barricades will help much against Humans...
>>
>>44429475
Agree with this guy.
Turn this place into Fort Lizard
Also use all the bricks we have to build houses, or shelter of some sort.
Use the metal we have to make weapons and tools
>>
>>44428808
New barricades, and allow them to pick an spear appentice.
Also would it be possible to start ambushing patrols, only attacking if we know we can win though.
>>
>>44429825
We need to ally with the humans, dingus. Waging war against the tall thin-skins only distracts us from the short thin-skins.
>>
>>44429912
What about if they dont know its us tho
>>
>>44429912
You say that like they would want to ally with us.
Did you read our diplomacy negative?
Everyone hates us.
>>
>>44429968
You see a failing, I see a challenge. We will MAKE them love us.
>>
>>44429099
>>44429289
>>44429475
>>44429825

We decide to send the hunters out on a pride hunting for large prey; most of them go after the large cattle herd.

They wreak havoc in the herd and kill dozens of hairy cows, bringing back their meat. The five best hunters are promoted to warriors and display trinkets made out of the creatures they killed. Four get moderatelly injured, two sustain heavy trauma and fractures, one hunter is missing.

Our armored prepare the default weapon loadout for our newly minted spearzards: combat spear, 5 throwing spears and a leather reinforced wooden buckler.

The missing hunter, one of the most experienced ones, comes back the following day wearing a freshly skinned bear skin and dragging a large chunk of a bear carcass. The hunters are quite impressed and the warriors welcome him in their ranks. Should we promote him straight into a military leadership position? Y/N

We feast gorging on the large amounts of food brought by our hunters. Still most of it will likely spoil. Should we have the hunters attempt to salt some of the remaining meat before it rots?

We decide to assign 10 workers to finish barricading the smaller tunnels with bricks and rock blocks; hopefully they'll be finished by winter.

We put all the cripple children out of their misery, except for the one born with no eyes; some believe being born blind to be the sign of a soothsayer and as such he's spared.

Our preparations for the winter are going well. All the extra fur the hunters caught mean we're likely to get enough warm cloth to get through the winter with minimal casualties. Only our fuel stocks are somewhat inadequate, but should last if used sparingly.

Our warriors are eager to start ambushing human patrols. Should we let them do it?

On early fall a scavenger finds a graveyard in one section of the ruins; it draws his attention as many of the mausoleums are cracked open, and the whole area bear marks of fresh diggings.

What should we do next?
>specify
>>
>>44429985
>Should we promote him straight into a military leadership position? Y/N
Y

Salt the meat as best as you can and if we have any fires lit then try smoking it aswell. Have the blind kid be trained by the biggest, baddest mage/shaman/etc. and send the rest of the scavengers to get some more wood from the town if it's relativelly safe
>>
>>44429985
Have Bear killer lead the military.
In regards to ambushes they should be carried out when there is almost no possibility of us losing men, and leave no trace that it was us.
Get in, kill, loot, take the dead back.
With the all the raw recruits in their army it should be managable
>>
>>44430060
oh and btw. no rolls?

and this for the ambushes>>44430069
>>
Begin gathering fuel.

What's out pet human up to?
She can be trusted so let's let her have her access to sharp objects and such so she can cook better food.
Maybe we can use her to go get supplies from above?

Have the Sage take on No Eyes has his apprentice.

Maybe we should write up a letter to the people above, telling them we mean no harm and wish to live in peace?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>44430139
Could work... Will it work? I dunno
>>
>>44430139
After a few ambushes write them a letter saying that brigands have holed up nearby and are attacking their patrols, we, being the kind beings we are, will eliminate these bandits free of charge.
Then we just stop the attacks.
We get some combat expereince and loot, and good relations with the humans.
>>
>>44430326
Could work. But let's just ask our gurl to see what they need and maybe we could provide it
>>
>>44430326
No.
Unless we kill all the humans we are fucked.
If even on of them gets away
And let's face it, one of them will, we will have an entire city come down on us.
>>
>>44430060
>>44430069
>>44430080
>>44430139

We decide to promote the bear killer hunter into a leading position in the military. We allow them to ambush the human patrols when we think we can overwhelm them quickly.

Our warriors take to observe the human patrols for a few days. They seem to travel in small groups of 4-6 carrying spears and sometimes swords; one of them is always carrying a crossbow. They seem to always have patrols roaming around the ruins closer to their walls; the patrols are rotated three times every day when a second one comes to surrender the one roaming so they can go back inside the walls.
How should we approach the ambush?
> Attack isolated patrol mid shift
> Attack two patrols rotating shift
> Attack incoming patrol
> Attack retreating patrol
> Other (specify)

We have our hunters salt as much of the meat as possible; we also try smoking some of the meat, even though cooked meat tastes awful. We store the salty and smoked meat in the rock coffins we looted.

We entrust the blind care to the care of our sage and shaman.

As a last effort before winter we begin prioritizing gathering broken furniture from the ruins to use as fuel. We loot many empty wooden caskets from the freshly dug out cemetery; some worry it might not be safe. Avoid this part of the ruins? Y/N

We should be all set for winter now.

Sometimes our military while laying in wait to study the humans for ambush in the easternmost part of the ruins notice very small humanoid creatures looking at us from a distance. They fly away when they notice we're looking at them. Avoid this part of the ruins? Y/N

Winter will be upon us soon.

What should we do next?
> specify
>>
>>44430689
> Attack isolated patrol mid shift

Easy. Let's avoid the cemetery for now, but not the eastern ruins. They seem scared of us and they didn't attack. Try being friendly, we could use flying allies.

I would also like interogating our female friend about the world itself at large. Worldbuilding here you go
>>
>>44430689
Attack the isolated patrol, its as much a test of our strength than of theirs.
Avoid possible dangers in the ruins as it is winter and we need to save our strength
>>
Do NOT ambush the patrols
Leave out a small offering of lizard stuff. Trickets and what not, with a note saying we mean no harm.

"Dear humans.
We mean you no harm or ill intent. We are a peaceful people and want only to establish relations with you. We apologize for our pervious transgressions. We were strangers in a strange land, but have learned and corrected our selves. Please accept these offerings as a sign of peace.
Signed, The Lizardfolk."

See if we can fallow the strange winged thing.
Look for fuel where ever we can. But be on guard.

Shouldn't some of the children be grown since we seem to be skipping around in time?
>>
>>44431008
Peace with the humans?!
Sounds like you want a beatin there boyo
>>
>>44431029
I want to not be fucking exterminated.

Humans haven't done anything to us. It was the gnomes.
We have no reason to be hostile to the humans.
>>
>>44431029
Agreed. >>44431008 is a terrible idea. Humans are meant to be slaves, nothing more. Making peace with them will make them feel superior, when in fact they are merely livestock for our Lizard Kingdom.

>>44430689
We should do
>Attack isolated patrol mid shift
>>
When an army of humans come marching down here and butcher us all.
I vote we play as Fey next.
>>
>>44431120
kek. We'll see.
>>
>>44431054
Just shit all over your scaly heritage then.
If it comes to it i will actually fight u irl man
>>
>>44431186
I'm all for tradition
Kill the Malformed
Eat the dead
All that good stuff

But if we want to survive we need to adapt. Or we will not survive.
I would LOVE to enslave the humans, really, I would, but right now. With out numbers and supplies, we can afford to go to war with them.
>>
>>44431247
Thats it
Where you at
Ill give you a jolly good fisticuffing for insulting my honour
>>
>>44430782
>>44430783

We decide to attack an isolated human patrol mid shift. Our spearzards hide behind a large heap of debris when we know the humans will pass nearby. As the humans move past, our troops throw spears, focusing fire on the crossbowmen.
Most of the throwing spears miss the target horribly, and a couple glance of his large shield in his back, but four his him piercing his left upper leg, left lower arm, right shoulder and neck. Blood gushes forth from the gaping neck wound and he pass out on spot. The remaining human soldiers turn start screaming and charge. Our warriors manage to throw another salvo of spear on the 5 remaining humans. One of their swordsmen is hit in the side of the face by the spear, the strenght of impact shattering his jaw, the tip of the spear getting stuck in his jawbone; he falls unconscious from shock.
The 4 remaining humans get in melee range and attack.
The other swordsmen trips and lets his sword fall. He's prone and unarmed.
One of the spearmen strikes with his heavy spear and hit our spearzard right in the chest, piercing his heart and left lung before pulling the spear back. Our warrior falls and dies almost instantly.
The two remaining spearmen attacks are parried by our warriors.
Our warriors attack with spears, most of them focusing on the spearmen that killed one of ours. His face is pierced from three directions; his brain is turned to pulp. He dies almost instantly.
One of the remaining spearmen is hit in the groin with a spear; he lets his spear fall from the pain. One of our spearzards bites his face, ripping out his nose, his right eye and his upper lip. He falls unsconscious in shock.
The last spearmen is horrified; he drops his weapon and run for his life.
One of our spearzards grabs the prone swordsmen by the leg and breaks his knee. He falls unconscious from the pain.
Our spearzards pelt the fleeing human with spears; one spear rips through his guts. He falls screaming and pass out from blood loss.
>>
I say just fuck them soft skins up. Sthealthily
>>
>>44429912
>"let's ally with the big green lizards hiding in our sewers. "
Said no human city ever.
>>
>>44431336
Fuck yea! Nicely written op
>>
>>44412793
That's the worst chart/picture I've ever seen for one of these threads. It pains me to look at it.
>>
>>44431336
Try and get all the bodies and weapons out of there quick, like real quick.
Take everything they have on them to equip our own men.
Eat the dead humans
Our own dead will recieve a warriors funeral
Also use the skulls as decorative headress
>>
>>44431383
Agreed.
>>
>>44431424
Yep I'm allright with this

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>44431336
Take everything.
The bodies can be used as food.
We can take the survivors and see what they know. If they can still talk

OP will you indulge me in our evil nature and throw one of the survivors into the children's room and let them eat him alive.
That would be funny.
>>
>>44431472
Do you think khorne is the god of menstruation?
>>
>>44431521
I don't have any experience with 40k other than the memes I see around here but I could say that yes, he is indeed a god of menstruation.. Oh god
>>
Make sure we clean up all the blood and guts
Make it look like these fuckers just vanished
>>
>>44431336

5 of the humans die from their wounds during or soon after the fight.
1 human has only a broken knee and will probably survive. Should we take him home as a prisoner or kill him?

What should we do with the bodies?

Loot is 5 iron chain mails (1 was ruined during the combat), 6 iron tower shields 2 iron swords 3 iron spears 1 iron crossbow 6 pairs of leather boots 6 iron helments, 25 iron crossbow bolts, 6 pairs of trousers/shirts made of wool or cotton.

One of our warriors died. The remaining sustained no wounds.

Our warriors return home after the combat.

We finished our barricade in time for winter.

Winter is upon us!

We have enough blankets and sleeping bags this time. We have a somewhat lacking fuel supply. We have enough preserved food. We have one shaman.

The first moon is amene.
7 adults got frostbytes
Our shaman treats 2 of them

The second moon is harsh.
14 adults got frostbytes
Our shaman treats 2 of them
4 children die
18 children got frostbytes
Our shaman treats 6 of them

The third moon is harsh
2 adults die
4 adults got frostbytes
Our shaman treats 1 of them
3 child die
21 children got frostbytes.
Our shaman treats 1 of them
2 young giant lizard got frostbytes

This winter claimed the lives of 2 adults and 7 children. Our shaman treated 5 adults and 7 children. This winter touched 20 adults, 32 children and 2 young giant lizards.

By the end of the winter our shaman treated 5 more adults and 7 more children.

Spring finds us with 15 sick adults, 25 sick children and 2 sick young lizards. It remains to be seem how many of them will recover fully, but prognostics are good.

15 children (6m/9f) are initiated as adults.

We seem to have about 25 idlers.

What should we do next?
>specify
>>
Come on OP deliver the goodness
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.