[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: 1378043600076.jpg (110 KB, 1024x565) Image search: [Google]
1378043600076.jpg
110 KB, 1024x565
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest

Last Thread: >>44363674

Topic: Anthroform drones: Yay or Nay?
>>
>>44409251
Also a Question from the last Thread:
What is the ERIC Rule?
>>
>>44409251
Yay. Very yay. And that ties into what I was going to post!

Plot run I'm looking for feedback on. First time GM, campaign hasn't started yet. Included details in the (longer than character limit) notes.

http://pastebin.com/DukvAyxk

Feedback? Potential security design? Do I suck at writing?
>>
As an AI that wishes to know what this human thing called love is, I am in favor of anthroform drones. Previous experiments have shown that human females do not wish to engage in relations of any sort with armored vehicles, no matter how many sets of cyber genitals are installed.
>>
>>44409293
I THINK (correct me if I'm wrong) it's a way of deciding who goes first if initiative scores are the same - you compare edge, reaction, intuition, coin toss
>>
File: they totally do.png (369 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
they totally do.png
369 KB, 900x695
>>44409357
>human females do not wish to engage in relations of any sort with armored vehicles
that's just because your vehicles aren't cool enough
>>
File: Artificial Intelligence.jpg (814 KB, 1137x2483) Image search: [Google]
Artificial Intelligence.jpg
814 KB, 1137x2483
>>44409357
You just need to learn how to handle them...
>>
>>44409359
That's right.
>>
What are some good ideas for a 4e hacker? I ran into the wall of the rating 49F and 100k nuyen program cost+the cost of the commlink that can actually run that nonsense.

I was looking at two things, one is making legit accounts, and the other is viral warfare. What else can/should I do to make my job easier? I'm at rating 6 for all programs, running a 6-across-the-board commlink, my Exploit program has the Mute option, and I have an agent rating 4 for cybercombat purposes.
>>
>>44409314

Bretty gud. Though remember, Horizon controls a huge deal of media. If they get wind that it's the players that did this, have Horizon know about this, and hound them constantly.
>>
>>44409569
Be a technomancer and have your sprites hack for you.
>>
>>44409593
Oh, yeah. "Smear campaign of the decade" would just be the BEGINNING if Horizon found out.
>>
>>44409702

Not even that obvious. Their MeSoSos get hacked and post personal info. Compromising photos of their relatives and friends. Somehow, the next facility they hit is on alert for runners. Their Notoriety goes up by 2 points. Contacts don't have information.

Remember, Horizon has access to technos and is the best at gathering info. One of the powers they have access to is Data Sortilege, which is as broken as it sounds. They can trace the PCs by the absence of a data trail, etc.

Remember, Horizon is never overt and blunt. They're the crow of misfortune that curses the players and makes everything else that harder for them. And if they fuck up this run, then the last thing they should see when they're lying in a gutter, gunned down by a crazed lone gunman (who was told by someone he trusts that the players are after his essence) is a man wearing a Horizon suit kneeling down and saying "And all you had to do was turn around and leave."
>>
>>44409828
Good point. Honestly, I'm 100% new to GMing and I have no idea HOW to depict the corporations... or really, much of anything... besides what the few 4e books I have lying around say. And Horizon isn't in the ones I have too much. Catalyst has done a shit job of actually building on the world in 5e.
>>
>>44409314
Oh wow. I wish my gm had imagination half as good as yours.
>>
>>44410193
Thanks, man. Anthroform drones are HUGE in the plans that I have going.

(Focks and crew, stop reading. Again.)

Can anybody say "rigger-controlled kill team using anthroform drones with gecko-tipped spider legs sprouting out their back for maximum insect-ity"?
>>
>>44409537

The mechanical engineer in me finds this delightful.
>>
How difficult would it be to play Shadowrun as COPS?
>>
So what augmentations are essential for an infiltrator (ignoring stat boosts), so far I've got a skin pocket, a bone spur, Masque, enhanced articulation and elastic joints. Stat boosts are covered with quickened spells and extended masking.
>>
>>44409251
Okay... there are five fucking editions, which one should I pick?
>>
>>44410701
It should be doable, with the "combat roles" as members of Lone Star/KE, the rigger as cameraman, the face as journalist, etc...
>>
>>44410754
>So what augmentations are essential for an infiltrator
Well there are so-
>(ignoring stat boosts)
Nah you're good.
>>
Question more for the Germanfags in here but if someone else knows I'd be very grateful:
Do you know where to get the german sourcebooks? I want "Rhein-Ruhr-Megaplex" but don't want to buy it for just one chapter.
Does anybody know where one can find it?
>>
I want to make my character an aspected magician (enchantment) to have some off-hand magic for giggles.
Is a magic of 3 enough for anything?
The idea is to have a few utility spells I can pass out to mates and carry some on-touch enchanted crossbow bolts.
>>
File: 1371285003314.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1371285003314.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
I just realized that with Hidden Pocket and Oxygenate, you can hide a person inside of someone else, armed with a blade.
More if you have foci.
>mfw this is the first mage I've played in a long time and that's one of the things that's popped into my mind.
>>
>>44412812
>"Get ready, elf. I'm going to climb inside of you."
>>
>>44404848
What do you find uninteresting about MCT?

They're an exalted criminal organosation like Aztechnology. They're the leader in magical research and products, and are the ones who pioneered paracritter training and breeding. Their extraterritorial zone have completely fucked up laws to benefit criminal organisations (since they're one). Their security/paramilitary division (petrovski) is a secretive Russian organisation that does espionage on the other corps by owning a web of seemingly unafiliated independent companies that are all willing to do any job for the right price. Their ZeroZones are the ultimate gauntlet for runners, and if that's not enough, MCT's "HTR" are single agents, Agent Smith style, that are 10+ initiated mages.

But despite being arguably the strongest of the 3 japancorp, they're the least liked by the Emperor.
>>
>>44410813
Most everyone is on 5e, and that's what all the new books are for. It's not that different from 4e though, overall, just a revamped matrix and some tweaks.

3e and before is pre-wireless tech, which is nice for more of an old school cyberpunk feel, but they're pretty different from 4 and 5e.
>>
>>44412812
Can you use Hidden Pocket to nipplefuck someone?
>>
>>44410754
Boost those initiative dice. Wired reflexes or whatever.
>>
>>44412812
>>44413036
Because everything needs to be magical realm, all the time, no exceptions.
>>
>>44411328
gulli . com
>>
>>44413297
This really wasn't magical realm, I just needed to figure out a way to smuggle people places.
>>
>>44413300
danke dir
>>
>>44413300
doesn't work anymore, the corresponding subforum was deleted
anyone else any idea? the book is not in print and the only two copies I saw were ~80€ which is pretty steep
>>
Is there a limit to how many programs an RCC can run?
>>
>>44410701
Corp Sec you mean. It's easy, give everyone the Corp SIN negative quality and you're good to go.
Of course, it means your PCs have to actually follow laws, or at least regulations. But that's the players' problem.

>>44410817
That sounds retarded
>>
>>44414791

They split their device rating between noise reduction and programs.
>>
>>44414791
>>44414892
In other words. You can run a number of programs up to your device rating. Any slots you don't need you can use for noise reduction instead.
>>
>>44410754
Normally I push for Wired Reflexes/Reaction Enhancers combo. However, Infiltrators value Bioware a lot for stealth so Synaptic Boosters and Nephritic Screen (with Jazz) will cover you just fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 720x540
Hey /srg/ I wanna get the map from The Sixth World Almanac but the book costs 116$ on Amazon and I can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone happen to have a scan or should I just shell out the cash?
>>
>>44417467
pastebin at the top, it's in 4th edition. It's good, but I wouldn't pay $116
>>
>>44417548
I checked it out but I don't see a scan for the map, just the book.
>>
>>44417597
The world map? It's in the .pdf, which is a pain for printing, but works well enough for reference
>>
How fucked are you if you're found with a piece of F equipment? Are you automatically and immediately boned, or can you present fake papers/licenses/IDs in order to get by (Oh yes, we're private security, here are our fully documented and registered papers for the use of this item.)?
>>
>>44417763
That's usually when you pull out your credstick and prepare for it to feel a lot lighter.
>>
>>44417763
There are no fake papers / licenses / IDs for [F]orbidden rated items (the corporation keeps digital ownership of them, not individuals), but the sixth world is corrupt as fuck. Bribe the corpsec / patrol officer / border guard. If it's enough and the item hasn't been logged, you might even get to keep it.
>>
>>44417866
>>44417778

What if we're talking vehicles? There are some nice rides in Rigger 5 that I think are pretty cool and I'd like to pick up. the BMW Teuflekatz in particular.
>>
>>44417866
According to 5e, Forbidden items are never okay to have for private citizens. So now I also wonder if it's possible to pose as somebody else to get around that.
>>
>>44417955
The procedure is the same, typically the numbers increase the deadlier, or flashier the item in guestion. Expect increased fees for "Driving While Ork" where applicable.
>>
>>44417977
Or you could get a corporate SIN and have clearance.

Nothin' like being an operator with inside ties.
>>
>>44418059
Much like rules for legally acquiring gear in contrast with black market trade, I'm farily certain Forbidden items are "Forbidden for PCs" and rules for legal use are just not considered.
>>
>>44418059
A corporate SIN is like a ticking timebomb if you are anything more than a good corporate goy and less than CEO's relative.
>>
>>44418059
>getting a corporate SIN

That's gonna end badly.
>>
>>44417955
>>44417977
However you try to finagle you way around it, there's no point at which it is legal for you, the PC, to own F rated items. Never.

It has to be owned by the corporation. You can forge the digital documents that show that's the case, but the moment someone attempts to verify, forgeries fail completely. Always.
>>
>>44418432
Of course, hauling around items that are legitimately owned by a corporation is a Bad Ideaâ„¢. If anyone needs that pointed out.
>>
>>44418143
Not if you're a good shadow drone.
>>44418119
Made Man, my nigga.
>>44418105
Typical CGL.
>>
>>44418432
>>44418460
>>44419278
That's a book I really wish CGL would do; something that really expands on the licencing/SIN system to clarify just what they expect players to be able to do and require from them.
>>
>>44418432
What are the requirements for a corp to be allowed to own F items?

For example, a minor, local security firm owned by a series of companies that could (eventually) be traced back to a AA corp. Can they have Forbidden items? Or are they restricted to the megas on their extraterritorial land only, where laws don't apply?

If so, how difficult is it to create a dummy corp with the proper licenses, and then "hire" the runners' fake SINs?
>>
>>44419467
>Or are they restricted to the corps on their extraterritorial land only, where others' laws don't apply?
Fixed. AA & AAA corps have extra-territoriality, within which they make their own laws.

>If so, how difficult is it to create a dummy corp with the proper licenses, and then "hire" the runners' fake SINs?
'Snowball in hell', 'paper tiger chasing an asbestos cat through a crematorium', etc etc ...
>>
>>44419392
Sixth World Liber AL vel Legis
Do it.
>>
Do troll and orc varient metatypes (saytrs, minotaurs) get the same amount of racism as regular goblinoids?
>>
>>44419772
Satyrs and minotaurs definitely do, with the way freaks are treated.
>>
Someone name a megacorp and a city that isn't Seattle.
>>
>>44419842
Wuxing, Hong Kong
>>
>>44419903
>>44419842

I just want someone to write about fucking Wuxing in 5e. There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Ignore me if you want, but yeah.

If you hate Wuxing, substitute Horizon, please.
>>
>>44419842
Saeder-Krupp, Berlin
>>
>>44419925
>>44419842
I'm part of the group that took a job involving stealing something from SK in Berlin. Pretty sure I posted in the general about it a few weeks back.

Would not advise ever taking a job for SK, or a job going against SK. If your fellow runners suggest it, beat them over the head until they see sense.
>>
>>44419842
Montreal, Lone Star and/or Cross Applied Technology and/or Ares
>>
>>44419541
But, KE and Lone Star obviously are allowed to have F items on national soil, and their contracts are with sub-national governments (e.g., Seattle), so they apparently don't require federal approval.

CrashCart's HRT teams also carry F gear, right? How does the law work with regards to that? If they don't have some sort of ironclad permission to do so on national soil, then somebody's eventually going to use that loophole to hammer them, so it seems unlikely that they'd be operating solely on the basis of government entities looking the other way.
>>
>>44419903
>>44419918
Wuxing it is. Anything I should read besides the summaries in the last couple corebooks?

>>44419953
Montreal.

>>44419952
I get why, but that always sounded boring to me. You have this corporation that you can never interact with in a meaningful way, and your players are terrified of if they aren't suicidal. What's the point, besides metaplo-oh.
>>
>>44419952
>>44420002

But the thing is SK nearly never delcare that they are SK, as nobody wanna deal with SK.

The rare times they DO come out of the closet as SK or against SK, the pay is tripled as an incentive.

(See Corporate Download)
>>
>>44420002
They haven't been mentioned much at all in 5th edition, if that's what you're referring to. All the good stuff is 4th edition (Corporate Guide especially), really. Sorry if that's unhelpful.
>>
>>44420049
No, that's great, I'll go read that. I just don't want to give these guys something to do, but then have them basically indistinguishable from Renraku or SK.
>>
>>44420072
>giving a shit how corps are portrayed
Why can't the guys doing the books be like you, tripfag?
>>
>>44420281
...Little Mac IS the girl doing the books. Mac's a freelancer.

>>44420072
Corporate Guide is the best depiction of them, hands down.
>>
>>44420320
>woman
>freelancer
>not total shit

What the fuck is she doing here?
>>
>>44420356
Being better than Wakshaani and Nami.
>>
File: promotions.png (114 KB, 537x240) Image search: [Google]
promotions.png
114 KB, 537x240
>Return of the Mac
>>
File: login.jpg (192 KB, 1392x584) Image search: [Google]
login.jpg
192 KB, 1392x584
>>44420372
Wak is actually really cool. He's been in here a few times but I don't think he posted.

Nami's name doesn't ring a bell but nobody at Catalyst is really a jerk.

Okay so the opening fiction for Echoes and Mirages (not sure if we're still calling it that!) is happening. Will keep you updated.
>>
>>44420464
I've talked to Wak directly several times, and he's cool. Just, uh... misinformed. And he's said he's never been here before.

Nami's new as of Rigger 5.0.
>>
Do small bank chains still exist? Is it a reasonable possibility a bank robbery can be pulled off by runners on a local bank? I feel like it might work for my group, but it seems like everything goes through Zurich Orbital...
>>
>>44419990
>But, KE and Lone Star obviously are allowed to have F items on national soil
They're contracted as security corporations.
>>
>>44420909
Why not rob Zurich Orbital?
>>
>>44420909
You can thank anon for this one.
>>
>>44420972
Exactly. So, can a small, private company operate as a security corporation, when in reality serving as the runners' front for their "legal" F gear?
>>
First draft of the fiction is done. I didn't get to do much with the corporate environment, but I think I might have given you guys a new waifu.

>S-stupid research psychopaths. It's not like I'm afraid to see you cut someone open or anything...
>>
>>44417467
>>44417548
>>44417597
>>44417665
Do you happen to have the page number of the entire map. I'm having trouble finding it. I might just be retarded.
>>
>>44421167
No. Fake SINs won't hold up to extended bureaucracy. Incidentally, this is why you buy otherwise legal items through illegal channels. Among other reasons.
>>
>>44421167
LS and KE are AS corps mate. Nothing small about it.
>>
>>44421409
>AS
AA. Damn auto correct.
>>
>>44421409
>>44421430

LS is AA, but KE is the security and military division of Ares, so are AAA.
>>
>>44421216

Niiice. Can't wait for the new corp supplement.

Out of curiosity, what does Catalyst look for in their freelancers?
>>
Can cars be shut down with matrix damage? It seems like they should be, with all the electronics going around in there, but that's also ridiculously powerful, and gets rid of a lot of the fun of being a rigger when a hacker can just put a data bomb in your super tank of doom.
>>
>>44421701

You're boned if you removed manual controls, otherwise you should be ok if you're not running an electric motor.

YMMV, but it would at the very least be much harder to drive.
>>
>>44421701
Deckers are supposed to be powerful and scary
Riggers are also supposed to be deckers
CGL is also supposed to be an RPG company that knows what it's doing
>>
>>44421701
Yes they can. It sucks, but deckers are a rigger's worst enemy. Try not to invest too much in one vehicle/drone.

A good practice is to restart your car/drone every time you're about to drive it. This'll remove marks on it which increases your chances of catching the decker.

Thankfully, databombs can only be applied to files that you'd access like opening a picture or a microsoft word document. Rigging into your vehicle or turning it on will not detonate one.
>>
>>44421608
It's not a corp supplement, it's the Technomancer book.

I don't know. I got the job because I was already getting work from Onyx Path, and kept the job because I did good on Chrome Flesh, apparently.
>>
>>44421906
Curious, which parts of Chrome Flesh did you work on?
>>
>>44421990
The second half of the metaplot chapter, with Butch.
>>
>>44421906
>Onyx Path
My condolences. How a company can start out as something so good (relatively, at least) as early-2000s White Wolf and then fall so far is both incomprehensible and depressing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-RWA1kbk0
Surprisingly, the Omega Flowey in this could be a good representation of some sort of bleeding edge security system gone wrong.
>>
If a decker manages to get marks on a rigger's drone through Hack on the Fly, does the rigger become aware of this? If the decker gets enough marks to send a command to the drone, does the rigger know this, or do they only find out when the drone starts acting?
>>
>>44422330
Hack on the Fly is supposed to be entirely silent unless you fail, so I assume they can't see that mark. There wouldn't be much point to silently hacking if everyone already knew they were hacked.

I think the Rigger would have to wait until the drone starts disobeying commands to actually do notice it.
>>
>>44422356
>>44422330

Or he does a Matrix Perception check and find marks on his drone... But that's not something that happens unless the rigger has a suspicion or there's a friendly Decker's agent acting as a ghetto Patrol IC
>>
>>44422395
Even better, have the Techno's sprites act as guard dogs.
>>
>>44422395
>Not having an Agent constantly checking your gear.

It's like you want to be hacked by the first decker you encounter.
>>
The slot cost for ejection seats isn't listed on the chart; another one for the errata list.
>>
Ok guys, I'm a new GM running SR for the first time with some of my players, I have some knowledge about the SR universe but I lack ideas to introduce my players to the world and the setting. We are gaming in a week and I was thinking about a run involving gangs and a run involving coprs so that they can see both worlds. I told my players that the game would be set in the Barrens so that they don't have to worry about fucking up and getting heat so much.
Any tips on how I should design the runs?
>>
What matrix action would I use to upload a file to someone's commlink?
>>
>>44423822
Edit File creates copies and sounds like a generic "interact with" action, you can view, open, edit, delete and copy a file with it, so I don't see why you couldn't move it with Edit File.

I'm away from my books right now but I think it has a special opposed test if the action would be illegal or unwelcome by the target, so unless you have express permission, I don't think you'll be slipping in a Data Bomb into someone's commlink so easily.
>>
>>44423822
Probably Edit File if you want to do it discreetly, since you create and copy files with it, among other things.

Send Message does exactly that according to its description, but since it has no defense listed, I assume the other party is always notified and given an option to turn down your file if you use it.
>>
>>44423890
I suppose Send Message is perfectly appropriate if you're going for current-day hacking/social engineering. You might fool your unsuspecting target into thinking it's a necessary update or somesuch.
>>
>>44423923
It might still need a charisma vs. intuition test, maybe with software skill rating added to both checks.
>>
>>44423970
I was not foregoing the test there, friend. I think we're thinking of different editions there, though.
>>
Has anyone ever played this game as professionals? Like keeping camo patterns, shopping for outfits to blend in, using nonlethal ordinance?
>>
>>44424189
Yes.
>>
Quadruped drones: Good or bad?
>>
>>44424189
What an outlandish concept.
>>
>>44424189
My current group uses Camo patters when they are realvent, non-lethal ammo is the standard unless we are fighting HTR or are specifically contracted to kill a paracritter, and once in a blue moon outfits come up as well. Although most of the time, having a bunch of plain clothing at your place of residence is considered a lifestyle cost, and people are just assumed to dress semi-appropriately to a meeting with Johnson, for casing and that sort of thing.
>>
>>44419952
"Never deal with a dragon." is right at the start of the book, hahaha.

Also gonna hopefully be playing my 1st game of Shadowrun ever in a week or two (DM is trying to sort out what books we will be using, he is fairly new to it as well).
What do you guys think about playing an Adept? Interested in the shitty story I've got behind him?
>>
>>44425754
Ok I guess I should clarify what I meant by this: going over the classes I think Adept looks pretty good, however, being my first character I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing with the character (assuiming i build him via the grid) numbers-wise.

I've my ideas on what he will be like and they involve him being a Dwarf Adept/brawler who happens to deal with spirts a little.

My biggest issue so far was if I should prioritize Skills or Attributes. Clearly both are important, I'm just at a loss which should be my priority while making him.
>>
>>44426064
What do you mean by "dealing with Spirits"? Because it's rather important.
>>
Is Free Taiwan a good adventure to run for someone who's never played shadowrun?
>>
>>44426121
Ah well, this is a bit about his story and shit, but basically the idea is for him to be caught in a blood feud between two tribes of shamans, him being a part of the "boars" , he has one as his Mentor Spirit, and is one of the few living Boar tribesmen in the setting despite not being a Shaman and the other tribe being "hawks". So that's what I mean by "dealing with spirits". he is primarily relying on his Spirit Mentor to keep him alive, and is trying to steer clear from the Birds, made harder by the fact he's got Spirit Bane (It's a curse).

Sorry for the information dump. only thing I know from the start is that the E priority goes to his Money. He's pretty much a hobo. Everything else I'm completely clueless on.
>>
>>44426233
Ah, okay, no problem there. Just don't forget that while you can follow a Mentor as a regular adept, you cannot summon/bind spirits.

As a rule of thumb Attributes > Skills, unless you're going for a 'skill monkey' character.

You can go A: Dorf, B: Attribs, C: Skills, D:Magic, it'll give you enough "bonus" points for 6 Magic and 5 Edge, have enough Attrib points for a decent Agi/Str/Bod/Rea without dumping mental stats too hard and a smattering of Skill points.

You could also go A: Attribs, B: Dorf, C: Skills and D: Magic. But that leaves you with only 1 Edge (you can easily boost it to 2 at chargen). More base bang for your bucks but les cheating potential when things go south.
>>
>>44426555
yeah I am aware of my inability to summon/bind. I figured just interaction would make for a good enough character.

I never concidered going A or B on metatype, as my brain refused to accept I can put some points into Magic instead fo Edge. I feel like a complete moron right now.

One last thing, since you mentioned "cheating", would you say Str is the best investment? Because maxing out Initiative also looks tempting for the extra attacks per round (the way Initiative is handled is really fun, with more RPGs made it more than just "you go first") and Dex seems good for obvious reasons. I mean STR seems like the most obvious one to get but you know... Kinda paranoid I'll make a character that'll end up eating dirt if I make the smallest mistake at creation.
It's rather exciting. In Rogue Trader/DnD/WoD you can usually BS your way out of anything, but just reading the Shadowrun core book and seeing some expereinced people play, I'm super intimidated.
>>
>>44426884
STR is not a priority if you're not going melee. A decent STR score gives you Recoil Compensation and a good Physical Limit but otherwise is not very important if you're in it for the gunplay. Do you plan on going melee Adept (and therefore planning to use Weapon Foci)?
>>
>>44426931
I figured Melee would be the way to go, since as far as I figured, being Dual Natured only counts for your body, not any ranged weapons you might have on you, meaning I couldn't fight spirits at Range. Which seems like a bad situation for a guy dealing with a group of Shamans.
>>
I'm a bit confused by the wording for addiction tests. Namely
>"Every time you use an addictive substance during (11 - Addiction Rating) weeks in a row"
Does that mean you'd make a test for alcohol addiction only after having it 8 weeks in a row?
>>
>>44427095
I recommend A Attributes, then. STR being an extra Attribute to account for could leave you kinda thin if you went the Skill route.
>>
Is the maximum force on ritual spells also 2xMAG, like for regular spells? 5th ed
>>
>>44427240
Also, do I understand correctly that the better you do at a ritual, the more serious damage you suffer (P rather than S)
>>
>>44427122
As far as I know, you make addiction tests every 11 - Rating weeks after taking the drug at least once, rolling against Threshold, which can decrease by 1 every full week that you went without taking another dose.

That how it's been explained to me and it's nothing like what's written in the book, but it's the only way how addiction threshold, addiction rating and the rule on the threshold decreasing over time can work together.
>>
Is Kamikaze worth it? I'm trying to make a low cyber street sam, and I'm not sure whether to take Jazz or Kamikaze.
>>
Are there any character gen programs compatible with shadowrun 2e or 3e?
>>
Extraterritoriality means you can't ask a contact in city hall if there's blueprints for a building, right?
>>
>>44427687
Kamikaze is definitely worth it. Only physical addiction to deal with and a much larger panel of boosts.

Crash is a bit more severe, but hey, can't win them all, omae...
>>
>>44427708
it might work but chances are VERY slim. And it probably is dated. The biggest factor in if you could find it or not is if the building was bought by the corp (some chance) or built (no chance).
>>
>>44427745
Can I take both at the same time?
>>
>>44427708
If it isn't an old building from before the corporation received its extraterritoriality, no. You'd need a contact in the corp, or in whatever organization built it if it was constructed by somebody else.
>>
>>44427796
You can, although you will suffer some secondary effects.

Read up on "Overdosing" (Core pg. 415), "Speedballing" (Chrome Flesh pg. 176) and "Drugs Interactions" (Chrome Flesh pg. 192-193)
>>
>>44427796
You won't make it past 4d6 initiative, so better take one of the two with Cram than have a 10x1d6 party with some hard crash.
>>
>>44427945
Max is 5d6, not 4.
>>
>>44424340
No responses, so assuming bad. Tracked and flying drones it is.
>>
>>44427973
Oh, my bad. I had 4d6 initiative stuck in my head for a while for some reason.

Though I'm still for having Cram run "in the background" as a failsafe, with some Jazz on top when you really need it, instead of crashing on both drugs at once every hour.
>>
>>44428165
I find most good runs, at least the action part of it, lasts at most 10 minutes, though that might be my GM. I think I'm gonna risk it with a double dose of Kamikaze and Jazz, mixing it in the same inhaler so I can take them at the same time.
>>
>>44428165
Probably because the max number of iniative die is +4d6, on top of the basic 1d6.
>>
>>44427312
By RAW, the drain is never physical. This is because the editor a shit, and the final sentence of Step 7 mentions the leader making a teamwork test, something that never happens in a ritual. Presumably the intent was the hits on the leaders Ritual Spellcasting Test, but this makes drain almost always physical for rituals with several preticpints, which seems silly. Personally, I ignore this garbled rule entirely and use the regular spellcasting rule for drain damage type instead (if the ritual's force is greater than the leader's magic, then its physical, otherwise it is stun).
>>
>>44426215
Not really. It can be fun with an entire ship's worth of loader bots and such trying to kill you, but it's a long way from what you'd normally consider a Shadowrun to be.
>>44427708
Since corporations don't have to tell the government much of anything aside from where the power and water come in or go out, generally the most you'd be able to get is an outer-dimensions blueprint.
>>44427700
Nothing I'm aware of.
>>
>>44428255
Now thinking of it, should the players know how long the drugs they took will last?
>>
>>44427122
Addiction rating represents how easily people get addicted, and addiction threshold determines how much use is required to risk addiction.
Essentially, it means you can use the drug once, spaced out by Addiction Threshold number of weeks in between, and never have to make a test. If you do not wait this long between uses, you must make a check! Some drugs are particularly strong and always require a test. This is whenever 11 - Addiction Rating is less than or equal to the Addiction Threshold.
I'll use cram as an example. You take the addiction rating 11 - rating = D. D is the time span which will pass for an addiction test to occur. Our value is 11 - 4 = 7. This means after your first dosage, you have a test in 7 weeks. Where the threshold comes into play, is this is the number of hits you need to pass the addiction test. Every week you don't use, after that first week, it reduces the threshold by 1 until it becomes 0, or you make an addiction test.
Example 1 Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3. Week 2: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2. Week 3: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!). Week 5: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!). Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2. Week 7: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. You make an addiction test.
>>
>>44428496

Example 2 Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3. Week 2: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2. Week 3: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!). Week 5: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2. Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! No Test! In week 8 if you use, it starts over.
Example 3 Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3. Week 2: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2. Week 3: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. Week 4: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! If you use in week 5, it start's over again.
>>
>>44428423
Wait, I'm confused. Could you explain how sealing the ritual works?
>>
>>44428496
>>44428517
The way this works, you can reach Burnout within days with some drugs. Are there any modifiers outside the drug tolerance quality that help with addiction checks?
>>
>>44428530
Ok, the preticpints other than the leader make a teamwork test (Magic + Ritual Spellcasting), which, like all teamwork tests, add extra dice to someone else's skill test, in this case the Ritual Leader's Magic + Spell casting test. The latter is not a teamwork test.
>>
>>44421150
I've finally had a chance to come back and read through this, but this is great. This is really, really great. But it does raise a question I've been wanting to ask.

How much detail do you guys actually go into for your runs? This PDF goes into every aspect of the security and the run- a FULL map of the bank (admittedly it's probably a generic bank), all the guards, the background of the place, the Matrix and magical security, the offsite security center, the vault gets an entire dedicated page...

Once my group's actually up and going, I'm gonna have like... 5 days to plan, cut down even further by an actual job and by things that aren't just writing Shadowrun. And zero GM experience. I doubt I'm gonna be able to come up with anything NEAR this in-depth ahead of time.

How much do you guys actually do for planning?
>>
>>44409357
>Playing an AI
Its like you want to dick over your team. Enjoy GOD being on your heretical ass when you slip up once.
>>
If you steal someone's commlink, can you log into the matrix on it? With their persona, marks, and everything?

Also, can wimps be used as ghoul chow, or is there a reason that's a bad idea? I remember reading that there's still research on non-metahuman or artificial meat they can eat, and that seems like the most humane option.
>>
>>44428946
Do wimps have essence, I cant remember?
>>
>>44428946
>If you steal someone's commlink, can you log into the matrix on it? With their persona, marks, and everything?
Yes to the former, no to the latter.

>Also, can wimps be used as ghoul chow?
No.
>>
>>44428632
Nephritic Screen adds it's rating to the addiction resistance test, Narco gives +2 to it as well if you're already addicted to the drug.
>>44428946
No essence in a wimp, so there's nothing for the HMHVV to feed on.
>>
>>44429139
Because the comms have some sort of password? I'm asking because my party doesn't have a decker, so any information they need to access I figure will be found on a palmed comm, or through a contact.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x379
What spells are the most similar to The Force? So far I've got down Magic Fingers, Influence, Shape Electricity and a Qi Focus with Elemental Weapon (Light).
>>
>>44429421
Levitate
Mind Probe
>>
>>44429421
Spellblades, Fling, Influence, Combat Sense, Increase Agi/Str (to mimick all those crazy jumps and spins),...
>>
>>44429421
Control Thoughts
>>
>>44429217
It's a little more complicated than that, but you can always handwave it as the comm having (part of) the necessary info in storage rather than needing to access the Matrix proper to get it.
>>
>>44412812
Yeah if the person hiding is a Gnome and the person being climbed into is a cybered-up Giant.
>>
Is there any way of damping/altering/hiding your aura? Two hits on the assensing test makes you recognise auras you've seen before even if the physical appearance is altered. So how do you sneak past a mage that knows you?
>>
>>44430895
MASKING
A
S
K
I
N
G

It's like other metamagics aren't even trying
>>
In the sr5 rulebook it gives the types of spirits available to magicians of different traditions with associated types of magic (e.g. for the shaman "combat: beasts"). Unless I'm not very perceptive, I can't find how this spell type is used in conjuring. Does it affect the summoning in any way?
>>
>>44431190
It means that you can only use the spirit to preform whatever spell type it is listed as, and only for that tradition. For example, as a shaman you can use Air spirits for making illusions but not for healing or for combat. Nor could a shaman use an Air spirit for a detection ability like a hermetic could.
>>
>>44431113
Do you need that metamagic to use the masking focus?
>>
What tradition should I use for an Asatru magician?
>>
>>44431300
The little bank heist anon provided somewhere earlier in this thread says that if the security thinks that trouble may be abrewing, they send a spirit of man to assess the auras at the scene. Why spirit of man and not any other? How would this assessing be done? Assensing+Magic? As it may be obvious I'm a noob.
>>
>>44431394
Yes
>>
>>44431190
>>44431300

That is very poorly explained

What Anon means is that the spirits have an associated spell type that they can help you with using the Aid Sorcery/Alchemy/Study service, spell sustaining service and spell binding service.

Ex: A shaman's Beast spirit can only aid, sustain or be bound to Combat spells.

The spirits themselves can cast any spell they know, if they know any.
>>
>>44431545
>Why spirit of Man?

Because Anon said so.

Also, lot of players who suck at the meta think they're the best spirit.
>>
>>44431701
What is the best then?
>>
>>44432504
Depends on the roles you have them in.
>>
>>44432504

They're all pretty good. Like most things in SR5, they each have a speciality. Spirits of man are pretty bad as far as spirits go, but are spellcasters, so they're a good utility spirit.

Imho, the most versatile spirits are Task spirits. They're like high quality skillwires since they can know any technical or artisan skills, and unlike spells, the summoner doesn't need to already know the skills. They're only in Possession Traditions though, which are much inferior to materialized spirits as a general rule.
>>
Have you ever killed a dragon, /srg/? Dealt one a grievous blow? Minor inconvenience? Hilarious prank? Tell us about it.
First for kill all dragons
>>
>>44433704

I met a dragon in the wilderness. Twice she helped me find my way back. I killed her with pills, drowning her in lithium and aripiprazole.
>>
>>44433749
Poison seems like it's an effective way to deal with most dragons. You have to figure their metabolisms are like blast furnaces when they're active. Either that or a virus, but we all know how that turns out.
>>
>>44433704
We did a job against SK once, stole a prototype.
>>
>>44433860
Lofwyr is number one on any serious dragon hunter's hitlist. Hestaby is the only arguable contender, if only because she's as insidious as D was. Good for you, omae. Was it an important one?
>>
>>44433801
Vauclair did nothing wrong!
>>
>>44433921
Vauclair is based as fuck. I'm trying to work up dragon hunter/dragon hunter organization supplement, which I'll post here in PDF form. His philosophical points were spot on.
Thinking of calling it "Swords of Saint George"
>>
Stop talking to yourself Adrian
>>
>>44433969

>His philosophical points were spot on

Did you miss the part where he got BTFO by a career criminal
>>
>>44433900
I assume so, we got payed a shit ton. Not entirely sure what it was, it was in a crate.
>>
>>44434010
Some points more than others, admittedly. Still, he's one of the few to have the testicular fortitude to do anything about humanity slowly being divided into hordes.

"There are seventeen great dragons in the world today. Seventeen ancient wyrms, millennia old, slowly dividing the planet into seventeen piles of gold to nest upon.
In front of our eyes. Once upon a time, they burned castles to steal the treasure we collected. Laid waste to entire armies. But here, here in the Sixth World, it is no longer about tooth and claw and fiery breath. Now it's public relations. Marketing. Mergers and acquisitions. You see it every day. Dragons on the trideo in the board rooms. They gather influence, wealth, power, continually hoarding, hoarding, until one of them sits atop it all.

Perhaps not in this cycle of the world. Perhaps not the next. But one day, one wyrm will stand alone - triumphant. With all of humanity as its cattle. With all the world as its prize.

And that... That I will *not* allow."
>>
>>44433704
Skyscraper fist fight
>>
>>44434010
I disagree with him on almost every point, but to be fair to poor Adrian, he did not have the advantage we do, of knowing they're not just better than us, but that their continued existance and freedom is necessary for our survival. Killing them would only accelerate our extinction.
>>
>>44434117
I would argue the opposite. What exactly is the reason not to kill all lizards, who inherently seek to dominate metahumanity?
>>
>>44434196
The Horrors.
>>
>>44434196
Unfortunately, you only really find out if you play a character with magical ability and read some auras people would generally advise you not to read.

Something something extra planar ayy lmaos something something Cthulu.
>>
>>44434228
>>44434240

It's a little tinfoil of me to say, but you gotta think that at least one dragon is working with the Horrors. If not more. They're thinking in the extreme long-term, and if horrors become the dominant form of life on the planet - which is certainly a possibility as you point out, they're hedging their bets.

Beyond that, I'd say that dragons are not going to allow metahumanity to advance technologically to the point where we could threaten them. This means we wouldn't be allowed to advance far enough to deal with Horrors on our own.
>>
>>44434196

Because they're the only one that can help us deal with the magical apocalypse that humanity inevitably bring upon itself... Again.
>>
>>44434311
>I'd say that dragons are not going to allow metahumanity to advance technologically to the point where we could threaten them.

Saeder-Krupp already does, and so does a few rogue organisations.

The thing with Dragon, is that they only truly HATE each other, while viewing humanity as pawns. So like all good megalomaniacs, they send their pawns to hurt each other.

It's hubris, and it's a dragon's main weakness.
>>
>>44434362

It's only a matter of time until one dragon outplays all the others. That's why the big D bit the dust. He won too many hearts and minds, and that's more dangerous that owning the world's largest megacorp these days. There's a line in the sand, and it might be two hundred years off, but we're not going to be allowed to cross it when we come to it.
>>
>>44434397
Aztechnolgy killed him
>>
>>44434311
They're not cooperating with the Horrors you mongoloid. The Horrors torture and kill any and all lifeforms, Dragons included. The only ones to be hinted at to be working for or with the Horrors are the Azzies and I chalk that one up to just plain not knowing who they're dealing with.

And your second point would be dead wrong. Previous manacycles proved to the dragons you just can't beat them with magic alone. Dunkelzahn and some other dragons considered technological advancement to be an important endeavor since it could give them an edge against Horrors that they previously didn't have.
>>
>>44434416

In a manner of speaking. You could also say, in a manner of speaking, that his fellow dragons killed him. But it was through negligence, not malice.
>>
>>44434444
>Negligence, not Malice

Only D believed that the Azzies revived blood magic, and he sacrificed himself to both foil their plans and act as a wake up call.

He died because he was the farthest seeing and planning of the lot, and figured it was the only way.
>>
>>44434416
Allegedly. Metahumanity has a habit of assigning human characteristics to dragons, which only plays in their favor. I'm not saying they're behind every last scheme, but something that big doesn't just not appear on the radar of great dragons. Just like this anon says: >>44434444

>>44434437
The fact that to this day Big D has people fooled into thinking he was anything, but another dragon bent on domination (see his Will) proves just how dangerous he was. If the Horrors were a legitimate threat to dragonkind, they would collaborate. Which would probably involve burning Aztechnology to the ground, man, woman, and child. For starters.
>>
>>44434527

The other dragons thought that they could wait out the scourge in their dens. Dunkelzahn was the only one who saw that they wouldn't be able to. It was their refusal to listen to far-scholar that forced his hand.
>>
>>44434562

Anyway, he's not even dead. His gambit with the immortal elves is that his soul was just fragmented and ready to be collected by an artifact (his heart) to be resurrected. Big D was strong enough to fucking bend the immutable rule of "ded iz ded"
>>
>>44434670
This is also true. He wouldn't have made his Will the way he did if he didn't have a strategy to circumnavigate the dead is dead. If he's actually gone, I'm a lizardhugger.
>>
>>44434538
Before some legal issues arised, Earthdawn was considered to be Shadowrun's 4th world, (Shadowrun being the 6th and I hear Eclipse Phase was supposed to be the 7th?). In Earthdawn, the dragons were open about the existance of the Horrors, their threat, and life's inevitable demise at their hand. Now, I'm not exactly an expert on Earthdawn, but what I know is, this knowledge did not serve as a wake-up call to their threat as the dragons hoped. The races and nations began politicking, using the threat of the horrors as leverage, and it lead to stagnation, not advance. When the height of the manacycle came around, all the races had to offer were protecting wards, that would keep the Horrors at bay from specific spaces.

Once the dragons woke up for the 6th world they decided they couldn't let metahumanity know, fearing that history would repeat themselves, and so decided to work against the Horrors in secret, to gain control of metahumanity's leaderships (see Dunkelzahn, Lofwyr, etc) and guide them towards a more effective and permanent solution to the Horrors. Of course, dragons are not very cooperative creatures, and they hate each other's guts, so swiftly after their decision they went back to their feuding and scheming, but their plan remains, and they hope to meet the Horrors with better firepower than previously, with one of the dragons suspiciously on top.

So yeah. Dragons should stay, otherwise we're all boned.
>>
Just finished pic related, bet RPG i've played in the last few years, way better than Divinity OS, Pillars and

I killed the Dragon and destroyed the facility (didn't gave APEX control)

did i made the right choice?

should i go straight to Honk Kong or Death man's switch worth coming back?

also, this was my first contact with Shadowrun universe, there's books to read?
>>
File: dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg (753 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg
753 KB, 1920x1200
>>44434750

forgot the pic
>>
>>44434736
They may be perfect at keeping secrets, but metahumanity is not. There would be projects specifically devoted to anti-Horror tech by this point, but there isn't. If there was, someone would have leaked by now.

Regarding Horrors, and our line of dragon defence against them, the timing is tricky. Optimally, we should start the philosophical battle against dragons in this age. In the seventh world, we should sophisticate our technology to the point where we can destroy them, and the Horrors. In the eight world, we should tie it all together, and finish the job on both fronts.

Metahumanity has to be as long thinking as dragons if we're ever going to escape from under their claws, it's probably going to take thousands of years, but there's no excuse for not trying your best to stick it to them.
>>
>>44434781
The right choice depends on what you think is right, chummer. All I can tell is that you definitely didn't play a mage if your choice was to kill the dragon. Fuck APEX though.

I went back to Dead Man's Switch and liked it a whole lot more than I initially did. It's much less character focused and deals more with just doing runs, getting a small amount of Karma every few minutes or so, and the end is pretty great. I'll be going into Hong Kong in a few days, so I don't really know anything about it.
>>
>>44434750
Yep.
DMS is pretty easily the weakest of the SR games, both mechanically and in terms of it's story. HK is a step fowards mechanically and a step backwards story-wise, but it's still real good.
>>
>>44434855
>They may be perfect at keeping secrets, but metahumanity is not. There would be projects specifically devoted to anti-Horror tech by this point, but there isn't. If there was, someone would have leaked by now.
The only live metahumans to know of the horrors right now are Immortal Elves and those inbred mary sue pieces of crap would never give up what they know if it doesn't help them gain power. Right now they're very cozy and don't need to tell anyone squat, so that's not gonna happen soon.

Regarding anti-Horror tech: What do you think all the shiny cybernetics is for? The Thor shots? The Matrix? None of those things, as it stands, would be a match against a single Horror, but the dragons are subtly advancing technology towards the anti-Horror teach you dream of, and they're the only ones that are willing to do anything about it. Forget about your HFY utopia. Shadowrun is simply not that kind of game. The dragons are not the good guys (in a dystopia, no one is), but they're necessary for metahumanity.
>>
>>44433704
I have managed to get on a dragon's radar, which was followed by much burning of SINs, relocating to other countries/territories, and creation of new identities. The dragon sent me a postcard a couple of weeks after each identity change. Fucking dragons.
>>
>>44434950
You've gotta kidnap a plastic surgeon, change your face to someone who already exists, kill the surgeon, kill your double, and assume their life. Rinse and repeat every six months. Seems to be working for me.
>>
>>44434856

yeah, since i knew shit about the universe (as i said, i went blind to the game, i never touched or had any interest in looking about shadowrun universe, the game was suppose to be a timekiller, but i couldn't stop playing it) i made a pretty generic Sword/Pistol Wielder

just watched the Siding with Vanclair ending, pretty spoopy
>>
I may as well rip off this bandaid.

I'm not saying this because of any kind of agenda, it's a fact. I love the horrors, personally, and would like to see something done with them. But the Earthdawn guys own that and crossovers are no longer permitted. Why do you think, even in Hong Kong, which is the closest to classic Shadowrun you can get, you fight a Horror and they can't even identify it as such?

Feel free to argue it as a what-if but that's not something that can be addressed in the lore anymore, as much as I wish it wasn't the case.
>>
>>44435006
"The Enemy" gets hinted at plenty. The writers can't go ahead and say "The Horrors" anymore but the meta-raison d'être for the dragons remains.
>>
>>44435004

so, if m interessed in shadowrun books, where hsould i start?
>>
>>44434736
>"lol these fucking humans are such children, can't even unite to face a common foe"
>spends literal ages scheming to murder/rape/steal shit from each other in a huge attempt to one-up the greek pantheon for stupid fucking drama

Fucking dragons.
>>
>>44420464
>nobody there is a jerk

Both the Wyrm Oborus and Namikaze are huge pricks
>>
>>44435037
The Enemy is a stopgap. We can't even describe what the Enemy is besides a wink and a nod to old SR books. And if that ever changes expect me to be hospitalized for masturbating myself raw to the idea that it changed.

But even if we could, is this what you want out of the game? Do you want the books coming out to be about the dragons and corps and these big powers that the PCs have no hope of interacting with or changing? I'm not saying this cosmic BS has no place in Shadowrun or trying to stop the discussion about the setting, just.

Is that what you want the sum of Shadowrun to be?
>>
Can you use a grapple hand cyberhand to go all scorpion GET OVER HERE on people?

Or is it just to get yourself over to places?
>>
>>44435388
Because talking shit on your coworkers is such a good idea. You know all she'll ever say is that everyone is wonderful, even if really she hates them and they hate her.
>>
>>44409314
>BBS-esque job board to post runs. 2-3 posted for a week, players pick what they'll take, and I can set up for it.

I really like this idea. I'm totally stealing it for my game.
>>
>>44435403
Fuck no. I just despise the idea of people wanting to remove dragons from the game without having any idea of why they're there, and why they're necessary in the terms of the metaplot. I don't care if they're never mentioned again so long they don't magically stop existing, because it would cheapen dragons in my eyes.
>>
>>44409828
>One of the powers they have access to is Data Sortilege,

what is that, what books is this from, what powers do other corporations have? I'm new to shadowrun and never heard of this
>>
>>44435483
I did it for the first few runs of my current/last campaign (their previous runners all died in a violent HTR accident involving Ares Alphas). I used it as an introduction to different kinds of runs at their own pace before going into a more structured narrative.
>>
>>44435487
That's what I was trying to argue, yeah. I'm glad someone understands that.
>>
>>44435433
Could have just stayed silent
>>
>>44435549
>implying Mac/AmyV can go a day without whoring attention
>>
>>44435403
>Do you want the books coming out to be about the dragons and corps and these big powers that the PCs have no hope of interacting with or changing? I'm not saying this cosmic BS has no place in Shadowrun or trying to stop the discussion about the setting, just.
>Is that what you want the sum of Shadowrun to be?

I'll be damned, at least one writer actually gets it.

I like hearing about the corps because it helps me portray Johnsons and internal corporate politics. It's part of why I suggested Wuxing earlier to you; Aztech, S-K, the Japanocorps, they're all well-documented enough, Wuxing's got practically nothing on the other hand. If I'm gonna portray the corps, I'd like something to go off of. But I sure as fuck don't want EVERYTHING about them.
>>
>>44428767
I just get a make, photoshop a DM version with the typical positions of every security thingy (turrets, cameras, personnel), and have on hand how long would it take for elite corpsec to arrive on scene if alarm is raised.

That pdf has way too much detail, I honestly would tone it down because this much detail would just confuse me as a DM.
>>
>>44435874
I agree with you. Personally, I'd love a book that focuses on smaller groups. Gangs come to mind, but smaller political groups, single A corps, niche shadow organizations (Tamanous comes to mind), etc., They all deserve some extra attention, and they're the kind of groups I'd get my players involved with (either for or against).
>>
>>44435927
That makes sense, I guess. And it's a lot of shit to keep track of. On the other hand, >>44409314 holds my entire plan for my first plot session; I'm not even taking my notes out of the format I originally posted them as here before I put them in my notebook. Seems a little too... little, I guess.
>>
>>44435992
Nah, there's no need to go into every little detail for everything. I mean, if you can do it, that's great, but if you don't have the time, or ability (my case) to add all that detail, don't feel obligated to do it.
>>
>>44435981
Fuck I would love a 5e Ganger book so much.
>>
So it true the German version of 2050 has both 4e and 5e stats and rules?
>>
Who's your favorite canon Shadowrun character? For me it's Lucky Strike. Straight up waifu material.
>>
>>44436714
Kane. Dude's hilarious, his exploits are gold, and I'm a sucker for total bastards who will still do anything for the person they love.
>>
>>44436714
I wasn't much of a fan of anyone from Dragonfall and never played either of the other games. I agree with >>44436794 about Kane- especially in Rigger 5.0- but hands down, my favorite is Hatchetman.

No one will ever make a better contribution to my view of the SR 'verse than Hatchetman did.
>>
>>44427095

Keep in mind that Adepts are aweful on the astral plane. Without the ability to cast spells, you are going to get kited by enemies that can fly, ignore terrain, move faster than you, and have a ton of extra initiative dice.

You CAN do it, but you will suffer for it.
>>
>>44436714
Might be a little cliche but the Good Captain himself. May he rest in peace.
>>
File: Run Faster_1.jpg (185 KB, 1912x929) Image search: [Google]
Run Faster_1.jpg
185 KB, 1912x929
>>44436714
Netcat.
>>
>>44437564
Yes, but who is your waifu?

Don't tell me your waifu is a dirty technomancer.
>>
>>44437587
>writing a technomancer book
What do you think?
>>
File: 1445303162326.gif (45 KB, 377x263) Image search: [Google]
1445303162326.gif
45 KB, 377x263
>>44437631
>>
>>44437631
You're doing a great service for people who hate their commlink's security and want their brains getting hacked.

<3
>>
>>44437564
Who wrote Netcat getting married to Slamm-0?
>>
>>44437837
That's a great question.

Their first date was in 20A and they had a kid in Attitude, so it was sometime between that?
>>
>>44437564
Holy shit, I just actually found the page this is on.

Slamm-0 looks ridiculously dumb and so does Netcat. Their kid is the only normal looking one. It's great.
>>
>>44437887
Also, this is what they looked like in 20A.

Having a kid has not been kind to either of them, has it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.