[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rags to Riches Quest 2k16 Episode 8: Full Circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 4
File: Rags 2 Riches reboot.png (451 KB, 977x342) Image search: [Google]
Rags 2 Riches reboot.png
451 KB, 977x342
Previously, our protagonist was captured and thrown into the Pit, a prison made from an ancient sinkhole, from which none had ever escaped. After five years of darkness and rat consumption, a quake liberates her and she is once again loosed on the world. She and some of her fellow inmates ride to Dragonfell, but a harsh winter, constabularies, and predators bring her to the gates alone. After infiltrating the walls, she makes her way through town until learning of an uprising against Sir Annandale's new regime, lead by a mysterious woman known as the Raven Queen. After summoning her with a pyre that burns a great number of her thralls, our protagonist is knocked unconscious, and now awakens.

The room spins for a few minutes, and you regain your senses one at a time. First, cold air grazes your bare arms. Then, the echo of empty chambers rings in your ears. As your eyes adjust to the incredibly damp light in the small room you find yourself in, you begin to hear shuffling footsteps. You stumble to your feet and find a door, heavy and reinforced with iron. Through a small peephole at about eye level, you spy someone approaching, about your height and lean, baring a candle for light down a long, dark, stone corridor.

>Call out
>Remain Silent
>Search the cell for anything useful
>Other
>>
>>44409107
Morning, Rags.
>>
>>44409107
>>
>>44409107
>>Search the cell for anything useful
>>
>>44409284
>>44409278
>>44409261
You feel around in the dark for anything you might be able to use. You find a small pendant on a chain. It is damp and weathered.

You now posses a pendant, ragged clothes, and a single dagger.

The person comes to a halt at your door. The light is still too dim to illuminate their face, but when they speak you can tell it is a woman.

"Are you awake? Good. I'm sorry we had to do this, but we weren't sure about your intentions. Tell me, why were you searching for the Raven Queen?"

>Revenge on Annandale
>Nowhere safe to go
>Say nothing
>Other
>>
>>44409368
>Revenge on Annandale
We got mad beef.
>>
>>44409368
>Revenge on Annandale
>>
>>44409368
>>Revenge on Annandale
>>
>>44409431
>>44409495
>>44409510
You hear a bit of shuffling from the other side of the door.

"I see. That's what we were hoping. The Queen wants the same thing, you see. Tell me though, are you familiar with the order known as the Rangers? If we asked, could you tell us where they used to hide?"

>"Yes, if it gets me out."
>"No, they're gone now anyway."
>"Why do you care?"
>Other
>>
>>44409530
>>"Why do you care?"
>>
>>44409530
>"Why do you care?"
>>
>>44409554
>>44409590
"We don't, not really. But if you could, I'd be able to let you out now. If not, we'll need to find some other way to test you."

>"Let me out, or I'll break out. It's all the same."
>"Alright, I'll tell you."
>"Please, I'll help you, but I can't tell you that."
>Other
>>
>>44409628
>>"Let me out, or I'll break out. It's all the same."
>>
>>44409628
>"Let me out, or I'll break out. It's all the same."
I don't want anyone else getting their hands on dragon blood.
>>
>>44409628
>"I'll help you, but I can't tell you that."
>>
>>44409666
>>44409679
"Hmph. I believe you. This is all Buckethead's idea. Let me ask you this then, do you remember what happened to the Stone Temple five years ago? I mean, it burned down, obviously. You can see it from anywhere in the city. But do you remember exactly what caused it?"

>"No, I wasn't there."
>"I do. I know the people who did it."
>Other
>>
>>44409861
>>
>>44409861
>>"I do. I know the people who did it."
>>
>>44409861
>>
>>44409885
>>44409897
>>44409910
You tell the woman you know the culprits responsible, and give their names when asked. After a moment, there is a clinking of metal, and a loud knock as the cell door is unlocked. The heavy door swings open slowly, and the woman stands aside to let you through.

"Come with me. The Raven Queen is occupied nursing the newborns, but Ol' Buckethead will want to see you."

>Follow
>"No, I need to see her now."
>Run
>Other
>>
>>44410014
>>Follow
>>
>>44410014
>Follow
>>
>>44410047
>>44410056
You follow behind the woman as she leads you down the dark passage. You come to a second heavy door, which she unlocks, and turn down another hall, which is lit with torches along the walls. After another turn, and a trek up two flights of stone stairs, you come to what you believe to be a hall on the ground floor, since there are now windows which allow dim evening starlight into the building. The floors are also carpeted, though poorly.

The woman leads you a ways further until you finally stop as a wooden door with a beaten old shield hanging on it. She knocks, waits a few moments, and then enters, beckoning you along.

Inside is a mostly empty cell, filled with only a large bed, a fireplace, a half moth-eaten banner, a few cushions on the ground, and a large, fully armored man sitting on one. His body is wrapped up in plate, and has draped over it a tabard of pure white, or what would be pure white if not for the dark stains visible everywhere. He holds before him a large sword, resting across his lap, as he stares into the fire. You see his head tilt slightly as you enter, but he turns back to the flames shortly.

"Morning, big boy. Our guest is here to see you." The woman seems a bit solemn. After a moment, the man stands, revealing himself to be nearly a foot above you in height. He sets the thrusting point of the sword into the ground before peering at you through the slits in his helm. He says nothing.

"You'll have to forgive him. He's happy, really, but he's taken a vow of silence."

>"I understand."
>"Why is that?"
>"What does he want me for?"
>Other
>>
>>44410262

>"Why is that?"
>>
>>44410262
>"Why is that?"
>>
>>44410262
>>"Why is that?"
>>"What does he want me for?"
>>Other
what's his name?
>>
>>44410262
>"He is a big guy"
>>
>>44410280
>>44410306
"Well, he just sort of took it on himself one day. He left a note, but all it said was that he failed. Hasn't so much as coughed since. Nothing but eat, sleep, and fight. Right big boy?" The woman leans over and taps his breastplate with her knuckle, making a soft clanking noise. When she does, you are able to see a lock of ebony black hair fall out of her hood, and dangle elegantly against her chest.

>Try to inspect her face
>Ask to be taken to the Raven Queen
>Ask/say
>Other
>>
>>44410442
>Try to inspect her face
>What's he called?
>>
>>44410442
>>Try to inspect her face
>>Ask to be taken to the Raven Queen
>>Ask/say
What's this guy's name?
>>
>>44410442
>Try to inspect her face
>Ask for his name
>>
>>44410462
>>44410474
You ask for the man's name, as you subtly try to peer around at the woman's hooded face. It is entirely too obvious when she turns away from you and happens to readjust her hood.

"He doesn't use his name anymore. He doesn't respond to it at least. The Queen calls him her shield. I call him Buckethead. You can call him whatever, I suppose."

You look at the man. He seems to look back at you, patiently.

>"Shield it is."
>"Bucket, then."
>"How about Scipio?"
>Roll d100 for a name
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44410574
>>Roll d100 for a name
Mr. Knight?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44410574
>"How about Orlando"
>>
>>44410610
>my Roland reference was so shit the dice killed me
Well okay
>>
>>44410574
>Roll d100 for a name
Teller.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44410574
Sexy
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44410628
It's okay I forgot to roll.
>>44410635
Actually rolling.
>>
>>44410643
I'm tempted to cheat and let you have it
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44410574
>"How about Scipio?"
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44410663
It's a great name innit?
>>
>>44410663
Please don't.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44410610
>>44410574
changing it to Magical Girl Knight-Chan
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

All of these names are terrible.
>>
>>44410735
arguably, that's half the fun.
>>
>>44410598
They both seem somewhat let down, and yet wholly intrigued by the name.

"Well, now that we're all friends, follow me." The woman turns and hurries past you, and the man follows behind. The three of you head further down the hall, lined with other doors, none of which are open, until coming upon a sort of atrium. It is light by a skylight high above, which allows in moon and starlight. Along the walls are several shelves, on which rest folded clothing and shoddy weapons. As you peer around, the woman hurries across the room, and retrieves a pole.

"This will do nicely." She blows out her candle, and sets it on the shelf from which she retrieved the pole. When she turns to you, you still cannot see her face, and yet you feel her eyes focus tightly on you. "Arm yourself, friend. I want to see if you're half the fighter we think you are." You turn to Knight, confused, but he offers no sympathy.

>Prepare to fight
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>44410764
>>Prepare to fight
>>
>>44410735
>he doesn't want to call him Mister Sexy Scipio Teller Orlando: Magical Girl Knight

>>44410764
>let down
It's Roland isn't it? It has to be Roland. Ask what happened to Roland

>Prepare to fight
>>
>>44410764
>Prepare to fight
Meowth, that's right.
>>44410789
That's what I was thinking, but then again the Raven Queen was not who we thought she would be.
>>
>>44410877
I thought we simply met one of her minions?
>>
>>44410890
Was it? I thought it was her, but I could be mistaken.
>>
File: 1450840027589.gif (3 MB, 448x251) Image search: [Google]
1450840027589.gif
3 MB, 448x251
>>44410877
I thought we didn't know who any of them were yet. I don't remember if any was revealed
>>
>>44410789
>>44410877
You draw your weapon, and ask about the Paladin you once knew named Roland. The two of them both go silent, or remain silent as the case may be.

"If you beat me, I'll tell you everything." You prepare to retort, but in the next instant the woman is rushing at you. It takes but a moment to realize she is using a spear style, rather than a staff style. You deftly dodge the first few testing thrusts, but in a moment you must take action.

>Keep your distance and try to tire her out
>Try to weave in, and negate her reach
>Find a new weapon
>Surrender
>>
>>44410942
>Try to weave in, and negate her reach
>>44410921
You're probably right.
>>
>>44410942
>>Try to weave in, and negate her reach
>>
>>44410982
>>44410990
You wait for her to swing, and take the chance to step inward, and try to cancel out her primary advantage.

As you approach, she release her grip on the pole with one hand, takes a deep, smooth breath, and unleashes a single punch, striking firmly at your chest, and sending you tumbling back. You are able to correct yourself quickly, and regain your balance, but she is already in mid thrust, and you take a second blow to the shoulder.

You create another gap as you try to reorient yourself.

"I've spent every day mastering that, little by little. I'm not the defenseless little worm I was long ago. Also, I learned this." The woman begins twirling her pole, creating great swoops of wind as she passes it back and forth in her hands. You prepare for a surprise attack, but are yourself shocked when the ends of her pole seem to spontaneously burst into yellow flame. Each end trails light, nearly blinding you.

"Now let's see how we stack up!" She leaps at you again.

>Parry
>Dodge
>Counter
>>
>>44410942
Thrusting can be deflected with minimum effort.
Do so and close in, be careful for any kicks or punches when you do.
>Try to weave in, negate her reach
>>
>>44411123
>>Dodge
>>
>>44411128
>>44411123
Oh wow, it's almost like I predicted it.
But I posted too late so w/e

>Counter
Evade and hit the midsection of the pole to create a bigger opening on the flank, then strike.
>>
>>44411123
>Dodge
>>
>>44411158
I'm just gonna correct myself because of my autism:
>Perform a check hook while hitting her pole with our weapon to both defend ourselves and create an opening for the hook
>>
>>44411152
>>44411289
>>44411218
Thanks to her clumsy movements, focused more on constant speed than actual precision, you find it much easier to evade each strike. Still, it isn't as simple as staying out of the path of her weapon. When at last she attempts a thrust, you gamble and step in, deflecting her weapon with yours, and with the next step, you thrust. Your attack grazes her, slicing her hood. She turns away from you, and the ends of her pole burn out, the flames dying until they are merely smoke.

"Just like last time. I guess five years wasn't enough. Still, do you think I'm at least a little better?" She removes her hood and you see a bit of hair float to the floor as she adjusts her locks back into a tail.

>"I wouldn't know."
>"Speak plainly."
>Other
>>
>>44411525
>>"Speak plainly."
You've gotten a little better.
>>
>>44411525
>"Surely you are, but it's a shame I didn't get to take off your clothes this time"
>>
>>44411550
>>44411525
sorry, I meant to choose 'other'.
>>
>>44411525
Speak plainly
>>
>>44411525
>"Speak plainly."
>>
>>44411550
>>44411564
She turns back, and in the moonlight you can make out a sly smile.

"Even if you don't mean it, thanks. At least its enough to beat those half-drunk guardsmen and pompous knights. Doesn't hurt to have a man who can cleave a calf with a carving knife though." The woman approaches, and as she nears her features sharpen in your vision. Her skin is olive, and her hair ebony. It is oddly cut, short on the sides but long on top, almost emulating a wolftail style.

"I assume you recognize the big guy by now too. Sorry to give you the runaround. Things are really tense lately, so a little fun is hard to come by."

>"It's fine, no harm done."
>"I don't appreciate being lead by the nose."
>"What's happened?"
>Other
>>
>>44411880
>>"It's fine, no harm done."
>"What's happened?"
>>
>>44411880
>"What's happened?"
>>
>>44411880

>"What's happened?"
>The fuck is with the man-eaters
>>
>>44411880
>"I don't appreciate being lead by the nose."
>"What's happened?"
>>
>>44411907
>>44411910
>>44411925
"After you were taken away, Roland scooped me up out of the crowd of knights and carried me somewhere safe. The 13th Order kept me hidden, but it wasn't long before Annandale... my cousin is gone, at any rate. Roland couldn't go out anymore, and the 13th Order was dissolved. There are only seven orders of the church now, and only seven Paladins, but if you ask me they're more Plague Knights than anything. Hateful zealots and murderers. The people simply rolled over, not caring who was taking their taxes so long as the bridges stayed standing and food kept coming in from the trade routes. We know the truth though. Annandale began conscripting all adult men fit to fight, and started reinforcing the borders. They raised new forts, and began pressing the towns in the kingdom for heavier tithe and tribute. The farmers and fishers are strained, but the city is content as long as they're fed. Anyway, I started practicing more of my combat abilities, and with Rolands help I found some old manuals to push me along. Everything else, I learned fighting the church. And that's where we've been since then."

>"And Mona?"
>"It must have been hard."
>"Well, I'm here now, and Annandale is going to suffer."
>Other
>>
>>44412107
>"And Mona?"
Odds we can go and get the wolvies
Maybe Annandale is encroaching on that land and we can get wolf/ranger help, been so long since we saw the mbooth.
>>
>>44412107
>"It must have been hard."
>>"And Mona?"
also consider gathering some more allies. Maybe we can recruit russel?
>>
>>44412107
>"Well, I'm here now, and Annandale is going to suffer."
>>
>>44412151
And Sophia?
>>
>>44412204
her too.
>>
>>44412135
>>44412151
Esmeralda rubs her arm and looks away.

"She didn't make it out. By the time Roland got back, she was cold and pale. That's not even mentioning how they-" A large, armored hand shoots out and lands on Esmeralda's shoulder. You look over and see Roland, gazing at her though his helmet. She looks at him, and sighs.

"Sorry. You don't want to hear that sort of thing. You're upset enough, I'm sure. For now, why don't we get you something to eat?"

>"Sounds good."
>"No. I'm ready to act."
>Ask/say
>Other
>>
>>44412322
>>"Sounds good."
Have you been recruiting allies? I think I know a few people who we can talk to, for starters.
>>
>>44412322
>"Sounds good."
Mention the wolves/rangers and ask if they think it's worth pursuing
>>
>>44412322
>"Sounds good."
>>
>>44412336
>>44412347
>>44412395
As the three of you venture forth to find sustenance, you mention the wolf pack and the Rangers.

"Nobody's seen a Ranger since you and Mona came back. And I've never heard of anybody like, Russel did you say it was? I guess we could send some thralls to investigate, but they really aren't much for anything besides swinging weapons and taking swords to the face."

>"I'll go alone."
>"One of you come with me."
>"Send them, it can only help."
>Other
>>
>>44412545
>"I'll go alone."
>"Thralls?"
>>
>>44412545
I'll go and find them. You can come with me, if you like.
>>
>>44412567
>>44412545
Changing alone to "I'll go, if any of you want to come along it's fine"
>>
>>44412569
>>44412587
"It's probably better if we stay here. The thralls are pretty useless on their own. We can at least give you some supplies though. It won't be much, since we only ever planned to feed ourselves, but we'll get by." The three of you arrive at a pantry. Esmeralda portions you a bit of dried meat, hardtack, and water. It fills your stomach, but not your heart.

"If you wait a few days, the Raven Queen will be able to see you off."

>"No, the less time we waste the better."
>"Fine with me."
>Other
>>
>>44412696
>>"No, the less time we waste the better."
hopefully, we'll be back to see her by then.
>>
>>44412696
>"Fine with me."
We need to get some antimagic or anti-paladin shit. Moar dragon blood?
>>
>>44412722
After loading you up with supplies and getting you washed up, Roland and Esmeralda walk you to the gates. They let you know that they are themselves going to perform a raid that night, and hope to see you well in a few days time. You slip out of the city before dawn.

The walk north is as troublesome as you remember, but at the very least the winter is beginning to give way to spring. When you come to camp one night, you remember the waterfall, and the still beating heart of the dragon. You took the blood a few times, but haven't had a sip since leaving the Rangers camp. Each drink made you stronger, faster, and more lethal. Perhaps more will do the same.

>Head straight for the forest
>Head for the dragon falls
>>
>>44412979
>>Head for the dragon falls
>>
>>44412979
>>44412979
>Head for the dragon falls
Get dragon blood, then we'll try to find the rangers/wolves
>>
>>44412998
>>44413055
You change course, and begin making your way for the path to the dragon falls. Technically, it's backtracking, but you think it to be the best course, and you arrive at the base of the falls without incident. As you enter the mist, your nose is filled with the familiar scent of copper and damp stone.

In the great cavern, you spy the skeletal remains of the dragon, as petrified and cracked as ever before. When you approach, using your senses to guide you in the dark, you search for the smell of blood. You find the heart, but are shocked to see the state it is in.

It still dangles from the ribcage of the monster, but it is plain to see that something has ripped out whole chunks of it, and a steady trickle of blood now emanates from the organ. There appears to be no evidence as to what may have done this.

>Drink
>Don't drink
>>
>>44413219
>>Drink
>>
>>44413219
>Drink
>>
>>44413232
>>44413235
You cup your hands and catch the blood dripping from above. A few handfuls later, you begin to feel the same heat and daze as you remember. Your consciousness fades, and you awake some time later, spread out on the floor of the cavern. You feel refreshed, and your senses are sharp as a razor. As you prepare to leave, you look back to the heart. It still beats, albeit laboredly.

>Drink again
>Leave
>>
>>44413433
>>Drink again
>>
>>44413433
Drink again, if it dies it might be the last chance.
Unless it's a trick and we need to let it be and somehow drinking kills it faster
>>
>>44413510
>>44413622
You turn back and cup your hands again beneath the trickling blood. A few more mouthfuls later, and your knees give way. As you crumple on the ground, you hear something in the distance, beyond the roar of the falls. It sounds like russling grass, but it disappears as soon as you get a good idea of it's location. Perhaps more blood...

>Drink again
>Leave
>>
>>44413698
>>Drink again
>>
>>44413698
Eat the heart
>>
>>44413736
You crawl over to the stream of blood and position your mouth beneath it, letting your hair become damp with the runoff on the stone floor of the cavern. As it pours into your mouth, you struggle to take it all in and breath at the same time.

You begin coughing, and your body feels as if you're burning with fever. Sounds, smells, and feelings hammer your senses relentlessly.

>Drink again
>Drink again
>Drink again
>Drink again
>>
>>44413796
Eat it.
>>
File: Transparented-Gasai-Yuno.png (2 MB, 724x836) Image search: [Google]
Transparented-Gasai-Yuno.png
2 MB, 724x836
>>44413796
Eat it, fuck it!

this is kinda lewd
>>
>>44413934
>>44413814
>>44413782
You pull yourself to your feet, throat slick with blood, hands and face coated red, and reach out for the beating heart. You are just able to graze the flesh, but cannot reach it on your own. You begin scouring the cavern for stones to stack, until you have a respectable pile. You stumble drunkenly up the pile and finally get your hands on the heart. The blood begins dripping and trailing down your arms.

Suddenly something heavy collides with your ribs, and you are knocked to the floor. You turn to see what, and are horrified to see a monster bearing two canine heads, eight long legs, glowing eyes dripping with blood, spiky fur, and claws the length of knives. It begins approaching you, teeth grinding, and sniffs at your legs.

>Kick it
>Run
>Other
>>
>>44414097
>>Kick it
>>
>>44414097
>Run
>>
>>44414097
>Run
>>
>>44414137
>>44414152
You try to stand and make for the mouth of the cavern, but you don't have the strength. You fall, hitting your head on a stone, and writhe on the ground. You feel something clamp around your ankle, and in a moment you are being dragged away. Your senses are too dampened to even tell up from down.

After an uncertain amount of time, you feel a sudden cold sensation all over, and the breath in your lungs is released all at once. You struggle, waving your arms, but they feel heavy. In another moment, you are able to breathe again, and the world comes back into focus.

You find yourself upside down, hanging by your leg. You look around, and spy a young man, bare of chest, with hide pants and boots. His hair, red as a sunset, is pulled back into a rough tail. His eyes are a luminescent green, and he hold you with a single lean arm.

"You're sick. Like, actually sick."

>Kick
>Demand to be let go
>Ask for help
>Other
>>
>>44414336
>Other
I'm not sick, Russel, I'm metamorphosing.
>>
>>44414336
>Other
"Desperate times, desperate measures."
Don't look at his manlly pecs or you'll be hypnotized!
>>
>>44414375
>>44414336
just so we're clear, this is us being stubborn.
>>
>>44414336
>Ask for help
>>
>>44414419
yes, save the manly pecs for Esmeralda. I'd like to see the members from both houses finally united for once.
>>
dinner time, gtg, good luck guys.
>>
File: 1449262022870.jpg (25 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
1449262022870.jpg
25 KB, 498x500
>>44414442
>not wanting to take the knot yourself
>>
>>44414458
>Being over Mona already
At least try to roleplay.
>>
>>44414455
see ya soon
>>
>>44414419
>>44414375
Russel dunks you in the rushing river again. When you rise back out, you cough and try to blow the water out of your nose as he sets you down on the rocks beside the water.

"I sniffed you out a while ago. I thought you were coming to help us, but I guess all you greenbacks are the same. Drunk on blood, like wild animals."

>"Whose calling who an animal?"
>"Sorry, I don't know what came over me."
>"I was fine!"
>Other
>>
>>44414525
>>
>>44414471
Learn to take a joke, yurifag, the waifu won't cry if you do.
Plus the main character's personalities aren't even defined in RtR aside from what we vote and what transpires according to that.
She has also been in a fucking abyss for years, and she saw Mona basically die, she only had confirmation a bit back.
>>
>>44414525
>"I actually came to ask your help, what happened in the forest while I was away?"
>>
>>44414567
>>44414543
Russel helps you to your feet. Your head is pounding.

"Well, I have good news. Your old buddies are back, and boy are they in top shape. They killed three of my boys at first, and they've been hunting us ever since. We evade them as best we can, but that means barely getting by on food, and leaving the cover of the trees is completely out of the question. I'm the only one who can match any of them, and even then taking on three or more is suicide. Can't you talk to them? Or have you completely cut ties?"

>"I doubt I'd know anybody in the new Rangers."
>"I can try."
>"You must have done something to anger them."
>Other
>>
>>44414657
>"I can try."
>>
>>44414657
>"I can try."
is he sure these are Rangers? This could be more of Annandale's fuckery.
>>
>>44414676
>>44414685
"Great. Want a ride back to the woods? That is if you don't feel up to walking."

>"No thanks."
>"Sure."
>Other
>>
>>44414803
>"Sure."
Just take your time to rest/recover
>>
>>44414883
Russel grabs hold of your wrist, and before you can resist, throws you over his shoulder and begins jogging toward the inclining stones which lead up out of the rivers path. As you ascend, you feel Russel's muscles and flesh tensing and flexing beneath you, and his bare skin grows thick, warm fur. When you finally crest the ledge, he is reverted to his complete canine form, with you struggling to hold on. In full sprint, you match the speed of a horse.

It takes mere hours to cover the distance you'd need a full day for, and by the time Russel fully tires out, you are near the forest proper. There, near the edge of the trees, he throws you from his back and changes, flipping over on the ground as he pants for breath.

"Hah! You're heavier than you look!"

>"You're weaker than you look."
>"You didn't have to push yourself."
>"Thanks, I feel better now."
>Other
>>
>>44415062
>"Thanks, I feel better now."
Ask if he knows what happened to the heart
>>
>>44415062
>"Thanks, I feel better now.
>>
>>44415096
>>44415202
Russel hops to his feet and begins gathering up tinder. As he does, you ask about the dragon's heart.

"You didn't know? Your friends have been gnawing on that thing for years. Especially that short one. Ugh. She's like a mosquito. Too fast to catch, always bleeding you. We don't even bother challenging her."

>"I haven't spoken to them."
>Ask about the Rangers
>Ask about Russel
>Other
>>
>>44415379
>"I haven't spoken to them."
>Ask about the Rangers
>Ask about Russel
>Ask how he is sure rhey are rangers
>>
>>44415423
"They're wearing green cloaks, they come out of the damn trees, and they can find us in the dark, the rain, the snow- just about the only way we can avoid them is to roll in mud and move through the brush. If that's not a Ranger, what is it?"

>"Fair enough."
>"I'm still not convinced."
>"Sounds more like a monster."
>Other
>>
How many people are still at least lurking? I'm trying to get a feel for when a good time to close up for the night is
>>
>>44415650
>"Sounds more like a monster
But
>"Fair enough
>>
>>44415672
I'm lurking.
>>
>>44415650
>>44415672
I'm lurking but gotta work 2
>>
>>44415695
The two of you enjoy a brief time with a campfire before rolling onto your backs and watching the stars as you doze. Funny enough, they look similar now to how they looked filtered trough that large hole in the top of the Pit. Just before the last embers burn out, Russel speaks up.

"I meant to ask you, why did you come out here in the first place?"

>"To find you."
>"No reason."
>"I'll tell you in the morning."
>"We're getting the band back together. I'm on a mission from god."
>>
>>44415844
>"I'll tell you in the morning."
>>
>>44415844
>"To find you
>"To find Sophia
>>
>>44415883
>>44415889
Gonna wrap here. Might keep going next week, might try a one shot.

Hope everyone had fun with this one, since I got to type it on a keyboard for once!
>>
>>44415987
Thanks for running.
>>
>>44415987
>>44415987
Thanks for running!
I am curious to see what's gonna happen, see ya.
>>
>>44415987
Seeya bruhv!
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.