[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Standard /mtg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: mtgcafe.jpg (925 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
mtgcafe.jpg
925 KB, 714x1000
>Friendly genocide edition

Big night coming up.

Playin Friday?

Building in prep Oath?

Can't wait for time to skip and Innistrad to hit?
>>
>>44408309

>Playan
Grixis Dragons
>Building
Nothing at the moment, Grixis Dragons will be able to go through to late 2016 so I'm sticking with it, I'd like for UB eldrazi to be a thing but it doesn't seem likely
>>
File: 1449488690093.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1449488690093.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>44410579
>UB eldrazi

I've been playing that for a while, trying to get it down. When it works, I generally find people hating me for making such a slow, annoying deck that kills a portion of their deck at a steady pace. The worst matchups are against aggro, and I could try and fix that by adding some sustain options but I've had a hard time finding room for it.

Other than that, I feel it's not exactly in the proper place in Standard right now. Oath might help it pick up a bit though, with stuff like Endbringer being a solid, effective body that does work, Blighted Crossroads essentially being the Mana Confluence of Drazi, and Newkozi in general just being a soild body that can turn your spare junk into handy counterspells. Mirrorpool seems alright, I'm just not too sure about it.
>>
>>44408309
Right now I'm working on a B/W Lifegain shenanigans deck mainly because that's what I generally like playing and am just now getting back into Magic. Not sure if I'll be playing in FNM though- it's been a while.

On a related note, it's been a while since I've played any FNMs. Is there a website I can go to that lists what the major decks in the meta are? Just so I could get an idea of what I'd be playing against.
>>
>>44413028
mtgtop8.com
>>
>>44413588
Oh! This will work. Thank you!
>>
>>44410579

Since I'm bored at work I might as well throw my list out and ask for advice.

GRIXIS DRAGONS
Creature (14)
3x Dragonlord Kolaghan
4x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip
3x Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
4x Thunderbreak Regent

Instant (16)
4x Dig Through Time
4x Draconic Roar
4x Foul-Tongue Invocation
4x Silumgar's Scorn

Sorcery (4)
1x Crux of Fate
2x Radiant Flames
1x Roast

Land (26)
4x Bloodstained Mire
2x Haven of the Spirit Dragon
4x Island
4x Mountain
4x Polluted Delta
2x Shivan Reef
2x Smoldering Marsh
3x Sunken Hollow
1x Swamp
>>
>>44412653
List? I run UB eldrazi and I am generally the ignored player and end up winning with it despite how slow it is
>>
File: UR Thopter Control.png (20 KB, 801x271) Image search: [Google]
UR Thopter Control.png
20 KB, 801x271
I've been playing this pile of jank on mtgo and I am actually winning pretty frequently in the open play

I am going to attribute it to me playing well and everyone else being braindead but it is kinda ok

note: I am cheap as fuck and need to buy more fetches
>>
File: 2015-12-27 23.17.21.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-27 23.17.21.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>44416875
I've been considering dropping the hedron archives for ruin processors/breakers of armies and ob nixilis for ugin once I manage to get my hands on one. Those are the best options I can think of in terms of sustainability outside of extra dismal backwaters. I might end up just maining the murderous cuts too, and keeping the ruinous path on the side considering my local meta is nothing but atarka red.

The playet of mage-ring networks were a more recent addition I decided to try to get my larger dudes out a bit quicker. So far it's been pretty solid but it's not exactly the perfect answer to giving the deck the proper speed it needs.

other than that this is the list I run
>>
File: 1445725487459.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1445725487459.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>44417287
No sunken hollow?

I'll post my list minus sideboard since I only use one because its required. I am still shocked I managed to win with this deck since I made it as a joke

1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
2x Bane of Bala Ged
2x Eldrazi Devastator
1x Tide Drifter
1x Ruination Guide
4x Mist Intruder
4x Benthic Infiltrator
2x Sludge Crawler
2x Dominator Drone
1x Sire of Stagnation
2x Fathom Feeder
2x Ulamog's Nullifier
4x Spell Shrivel
3x Dispel
2x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price
1x Hedron Archive
2x Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
4x Sunken Hollow
9x Island
9x Swamp
>>
>>44418328
>No sunken hollow?
I have one laying around somewhere, I just forgot where I left it. I really need to finish up the playset at some point though.

That aside your list does look pretty solid. Bane of Bala Ged and Transgress the Mind never exactly crossed my mind until recently, so I might try to find room for them.
>>
>>44419061
You shouldn't have to worry too much about your mana. I don't know if I would keep ob nixilis in since he will long die before you can trigger his ult. Maybe once gatewatch comes around he will get some support
>>
>>44417287
2 Sanctum of Ugin with just one Ulamog? What for?
Those are usually used by the current eldrazi ramp decks to chain Ugins/Ulamogs
>>
I hope there are more significant allies in Oath, because as it stand right now, the only consistently viable build for allies is b/w ally lifedrain ala kalastria healer/ serene steward
>>
File: 635863143882630963.jpg (73 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
635863143882630963.jpg
73 KB, 500x678
>>44422017

I don't know why they brought back Allies at all. Who the heck missed it?

Also where's my new Nicol Bolas, Wizards? They keep dropping mad hints.
>>
>>44422085

It just feels like the allies are really missing something, but I can't put my finger on it. They have a creature for every occasion, but none of them are really that good, so it doesn't matter.

The Eldrazi on the other hand, I've had a lot of fun with.

Mono Green Ramp is fun, and I've tried my hand at U/B eldrazi, but I really need to purchase more cards in that color to make it worthy
>>
>>44422129
>missing something
they're weak, that's what missing.
with the current power level, Kazandu Blademaster would be a rare/mythic.
>>
>>44422129

There's nothing inherently wrong with them, they're just way way overshadowed by everything from the Tarkir block.

Come April and the next rotation Allies might be a thing, the biggest hurdle though is getting around early boardwipes, of which Wizards has just made two amazing ones in Radiant Flames and Kozilek's Return
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.