[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Space Marine chapter is the least boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 27
Which Space Marine chapter is the least boring?
>>
Define boring.
The one who gets the most action? Probably Ultras.
The one who has the most interesting lore? Debatable.
>>
>>44404379
Black Consuls. Read up on them.
>>
The fun marines id imagine.
>>
File: 1375608678960.jpg (313 KB, 841x1200) Image search: [Google]
1375608678960.jpg
313 KB, 841x1200
>>44404379
Dark Angels easily.
>>
Astral Knights, I heard they were a blast.
>>
>>44404379

The one you find the most interesting.
>>
>>44404416

I'd say the Celestial Lions are a-head.
>>
>>44404406
They are quite literally the no fun allowed chapter anon. It's canon.
>>
My homebrew Mary Sue chapter of course :^)
>>
>>44404390
So they were a bunch of losers who got wiped out without accomplishing anything? I guess that does make them interesting, in a "Wow, these guys are exceptionally pathetic" kind of way.
>>
File: Lamenters_2.png (2 MB, 1227x1129) Image search: [Google]
Lamenters_2.png
2 MB, 1227x1129
>>44404379
I like Lamenters a lot. Not happy, but never bored.
Also in my opinion the most noble of the SM chapters, in that they care about people and legitimately always try to do the right thing.
>>
>>44404379

The one you make yourself.
>>
>>44404379
The question's subjective.

Personally, I like the over-the-top style of a lot of /tg/ Homebrew chapters, like the Emperor's Nightmares, the Ice Wraiths, and the Blood Jaguars.
>>
>>44404379
Ultramarines. They are the greatest of them all.
>>
>>44404379
>>44404379
Like Anon said, define boring.
As far as interesting goes I'd say the Black Templars or the Blood Angels. BT don't use scouts and just go for straight melee which is awesome. Blood Angels are probably the most noble while also being cursed to turn into blood crazed psychos.
>>
>>44404379
The Interesting Marines, or the Exquisite Templars,
>>
>>44405975
*ALTHOUGH IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME DISREGARD THAT ONLY IG AND ULTRASMURFS ACTUALLY WORK CRUNCH-WISE
>>
>>44406056
Well its a good thing you dont need to be playing an army to think they're interesting.
>>
>>44406174
H-hah y-yeah i just want to win for once
>>
My money is on the Lamenters, Flesh Tearers, or Silver Skulls.

From founding chapters, probably Space Vik... err.. Wolves.
>>
>>44404379
I don't know which chapter, but I heard Death Guard destroyer squads were pretty rad.
>>
File: 340.jpg (20 KB, 238x340) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
20 KB, 238x340
>>44404420
Star-Phantoms
>>
>>44404430
No fun doesn't mean it's boring when you have a hundred guys zipping around on bikes and landspeeders giving no fucks.
>>
imperial fists, pimpin in emps crib with the custodes on the walls of the palace while crusading the galaxy and destroying the enemies of man with no ulterior motives unlike other chapters. theyre exactly what the emperor wanted and since most chapters aren't that makes them special and not boring.
>>
>>44407413
Would camp/10
>>
I'm a real big fan of the Astral Claws. They got a bitching color scheme, and a neat lion motif. Plus Huron is a really interesting character, and the IA books were really well done.
>>
>>44404582
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>44407413
>theyre exactly what the emperor wanted

Why then did he hold the Ultramarines as exemplars?
>>
>>44407920
ultramarines were held in high regard by the emperor but they are empire builders and politicians better than they are warriors. its well known that the emperor liked dorn and his imperial fists more because they are the fleet based fraternity traveling the galaxy defending humanity with no ulterior motives and consider themselves guests on the worlds they visit who are only there to fight for the innocent. exactly what the emperor wanted.
>>
>>44408049
>ultramarines were held in high regard by the emperor

The Highest.
Ultramarines were most loyal of all.

>but they are empire builders

Exactly what the Emperor wished.

>better than they are warriors.

Ultramarines are superlative warriors, foremost amongst the astartes and renowned for their surpassing skill.
>>
>>44408149
>The Highest.Ultramarines were most loyal of all.
Imperium Secundus was a pretty loyal thing I guess.
>Exactly what the Emperor wished.
The emperor wanted the astartes to be warriors not politicians, he wanted that left to the high lords and himself.
>Ultramarines are superlative warriors, foremost amongst the astartes and renowned for their surpassing skill.
Superlative warriors, yes, foremost amongst the astartes for their surpassing skill, kind of, in terms of chapter effectiveness? Black templars as they get more shit done than anybody, but ultramarines still get a decent amount of shit done. still though, they have their bad days and flaws like any chapter. are they the most interesting? amongst the 1st founding chapters id say not even close to first as dark angels, blood angels, raven guard, are i find more interesting. overall they're in vanilla tier with slight ulterior motives but pure geneseed.
>>
>>44406298
I love how they are the Devastator focused special marines who love to blow shit up.

That niche appeals to me and my /k/ ness,
>>
>>44404562
That sounds exactly like the Lamenters
>>
>>44408304
>Imperium Secundus was a pretty loyal thing I guess.

Yes, it was after all about preserving the Imperium.

>The emperor wanted the astartes to be warriors not politicians

He wanted them to build him an Empire. The Ultramarines did this and were rightfully lauded. Those who only killed, such as the Night Lords or the World Eaters were on the edge of censure.

>in terms of chapter effectiveness? Black templars as they get more shit done than anybody

Not true at all. The Ultramarines have an unmatched record.

>are they the most interesting?

Yes. Most everyone else is a one tricky pony. Ultramarines are notably good at everything and so have the most scope. As they say, when one has a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail. The Ultramarines have a whole tool box.
>>
>>44408149
>implying smurfs aren't worse warriors than the DA, SW, BA and half the traitor legions
>>
>>44408377
>Implying they are.

They're canonically great.
>>
>>44408401
All of them are, smurfs are still worse than most
>>
File: 1292032862032.png (12 KB, 477x379) Image search: [Google]
1292032862032.png
12 KB, 477x379
Minotarus
>>
>>44408413
>smurfs are still worse than most

Where is your evidence for this?
They are actually stated to be unmatched in skill.
>>
>>44408440
Basically every non-smurf book about the SM
>>
>>44408455
Nope, not good enough, give me sources please.
>>
>>44408471
Burden of proof is on you nigga, since you made the claim originally
>>
>>44408481
I can give you sources saying that Ultramarines are the best if you want, do you really doubt that?

What I want from you are sources saying that the Ultramarines are worse than most, so get get to it please.
>>
>>44408499
I doubt that since it's not true
>>
File: Ultraskill.jpg (36 KB, 480x295) Image search: [Google]
Ultraskill.jpg
36 KB, 480x295
>>44408515
Straight from codex Space Marines.
Not even hard to find.

Now, please prove your point.
>>
>>44408499
This is 40k. I can claim that humans and Eldar can interbreed, and that the Imperium is so cool with this that they'd allow the offspring into a 1st founding chapter and be able to give you a source on that too.
>>
>>44408535
>codex SM
>not a smurf book
ayyyy
>>
>>44408569
>Stuff for all first founding who don't have their own codex and even Black Templars
>It's Ultramarines because it disagrees with me!

lel
>>
>>44408568
Yes? That is perfectly true. Whats your point?
>>
>>44408568
That's nice, now give me a source saying that the Ultramarines are worse than most.
>>
>>44408603
I never said worst. I think it's pretty difficult to make the case for any of the 1st founding chapters being objectively terrible, even the pre-Heresy traitor legions. My point was that 40k lore has never even tried to be consistent, and just because you can find a source talking up the posterchild faction of a franchise's posterchild army doesn't give you an unbeatable trump card.
>>
>>44408372
>Yes, it was after all about preserving the Imperium.
The real imperium was still around, blood angels made it through the warp storm, the ultramarines hung back.
>He wanted them to build him an Empire. The Ultramarines did this and were rightfully lauded. Those who only killed, such as the Night Lords or the World Eaters were on the edge of censure.
Wrong and wrong, the Night Lords and World Eaters were on the edge of censure for more than just killing, every other chapter were killers but they weren't batshit insane unstable fuckers like World Eaters or Night Lords were
>Not true at all. The Ultramarines have an unmatched record.
Yes and no, they're up there but Dark Angels or Blood Angels have just as large a tally of laurels and some of the traitor legions have larger than all of them. Black Legion *cough cough*
>es. Most everyone else is a one tricky pony. Ultramarines are notably good at everything and so have the most scope. As they say, when one has a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail. The Ultramarines have a whole tool box.
One trick pony...? I'd say Dark Angels are just as diverse and better on planning a campaign. Other chapters are just as good at executing orders and planning also.
>>
>>44408813
>I never said worst.

Worst than most.

>doesn't give you an unbeatable trump card.

It does to any who see sense.

>>44408876
>The real imperium was still around, blood angels made it through the warp storm, the ultramarines hung back.

Those circumstances have yet to be revealed. When the Ultramarines finally did arrive though, it spelled the end of the Heresy.

>Wrong and wrong

Nope, Night Lords and World Eaters epitomise the "pure warriors" you seem to idolize so much.

>Yes and no, they're up there but Dark Angels or Blood Angels have just as large a tally of laurels

Doubtful. The Dark Angels spend much of their time covering things up, and the Blood Angels suffer maulings like no other.

>some of the traitor legions have larger than all of them. Black Legion *cough cough*

A Legion cannot be compared to a Chapter because of simple size.

>One trick pony...?

Yes, they're all essentially stereotyped to do things one way while the Ultramarines are not.
>>
>>44404379
now, before you go spouting memes about how wrong i am, the ultramarines.

now im not talking about the vanilla space marines that some writers make them, im talking about space romans. especially when they have the fancy plume on the galea.
>>
>>44408603
Well their Primarch is a traitor who abandoned the Emperor at the first opportunity and diverted troops from Terra to protect his own renegade empire, which trapped the largest loyalist fleet in the Imperium behind a massive warp storm for two years just so he could protect Ultramar.

Then he seized power once everyone who could stop him had died in the battle he was "unable" to fight in, and he removed all historical evidence of his treachery so people wouldn't know of his disloyalty.

So the Ultramarines are at least the worst first founding chapter at being loyal to the Emperor, and yes, I'm including the Dark Angels in that, because at least some of them fought against their brothers when they turned traitor.

They're definitely the best at fabricating history, though, which calls into question all the statements about them being the best at everything, because all 40K fluff is stated to be in-character to some extent.
>>
>>44409399
you could say rowboat was the most like his dad, what with all the backstabing and empire building.
>>
>>44409399
Nice fan fiction, do you have any more posted on devinatart? ;)
>>
>>44409399
Ultramarines were canonically the staunchest of the Emperor's Legions and supremely Loyal not only to the Emperor, but to his ideals too.
>>
>>44409399
Hello Ugolino.
>>
>>44406186
I agree with this. Also Crimson Fists.
>>
>>44409096
>Those circumstances have yet to be revealed. When the Ultramarines finally did arrive though, it spelled the end of the Heresy.
They still hung back with their own empire and didn't come in until the smoke cleared
>Nope, Night Lords and World Eaters epitomise the "pure warriors" you seem to idolize so much.
Night lords are edgy pragmatic murderers and World Eaters are psychotic angry fucks so neither are 'true' and pure 'warrior mode' like I'd say space wolves are. And I don't idolize that I idolize chapters that actually do what theyre told from the emperor and have no ulterior motive unless its interesting and understandable like the dark angels and blood angels have.
>Doubtful. The Dark Angels spend much of their time covering things up, and the Blood Angels suffer maulings like no other.
Wrong, dark angels fight almost as much as the black templars do from being constantly on the move and do what every other chapter does way more to atone and they only hunt for the fallen and cover their tracks maybe once a decade if even that until then though they do what every other chapter does just more and better.
>A Legion cannot be compared to a Chapter because of simple size.
Lol and who do we have to blame for that? Fucking smurfs complaining about problems they made themselves.
>Yes, they're all essentially stereotyped to do things one way while the Ultramarines are not.
Stereotypes are called stereotypes for a reason, other chapters excell at all forms of combat generally just/about as well as the ultramarines sometimes even better its just they have preferences like how imperial fists are great at offence too but they are more known for their defensive stratagem.
>>
I think you are all forgetting the most glorious of all chapters

The Marines Malevolent
>>
>>44404562
They still fighting. And before they were mostly destroyed, they wrecked shit even harder.

They're just so badass. They never whined for a break or asked the Ultras for help. They just kept going.
>>
>>44410712
>They still hung back with their own empire and didn't come in until the smoke cleared

Not true, their coming blew the smoke away. Horus dropped his shields because he feared the imminent arrival of the Ultramarines.

>I idolize chapters that actually do what theyre told from the emperor

Then what's your beef with the Ultramarines, who the Emperor himself championed as paragon Astartes and who saw Ultramar and declared it good?

>Wrong

Nope. Read the Legacy of Caliban series. Dark Angels do a lot of faffing about with the Fallen.

>Lol and who do we have to blame for that? Fucking smurfs complaining about problems they made themselves.

It's not a problem though, but if you want a fair comparison you need equivalent numbers. Maybe you should compare all those of ultramarine gene-seed vs Black Legion instead.

>Stereotypes are called stereotypes for a reason

Yeah, generally because they're true. Ultramarines are not locked down like any of the others and so are open to greater story potential.
>>
File: purity marine.png (296 KB, 712x649) Image search: [Google]
purity marine.png
296 KB, 712x649
why do people hate the ultramarine?

is there any other reason besides memes?
>>
>>44410930
Jealousy.
I don't know why, but jealousy.
>>
>>44410793
They're super practical, but not especially interesting.

Most interesting chapter is the Legion of the Damned.
>>
>>44411143
fukin pleb the legion is not a chapter
>>
>>44411301
It used to be.
>>
>>44410930
They're boring. There is no real source of internal conflict because muh codex is always followed and if it is broken there's no debate over what the consequences are. They're as flavorful as a flow chart.

Also, they're the annoying kid who insists everyone dokie the rules as written no matter what.
>>
>>44410930
Because of people like This Guy >>44410892

This includes the most famous That Guy of this particular strain, Matt Ward.
>>
File: 1389704050514.jpg (63 KB, 485x747) Image search: [Google]
1389704050514.jpg
63 KB, 485x747
OFFICIAL SPACE MARINE CHAPTER POWER RANKINGS

God-Emperor tier:
Salamanders
White Scars
Deathwatch
Grey Knights

Very high tier:
Legion of the Damned
Carcharodons
Lamenters
Iron Snakes
Blood Angels
Crimson Fists

High tier:
Raven Guard
Ultramarines
Imperial Fists
Mantis Warriors
Raptors
Exorcists

Mary Sue or Quite Alright tier, depends on writer:
Space Yiffs

Okay tier:
Death Spectres
Black Templars
Celestial Lions
Black Dragons
Doom Eagles
Red Scorpions
Silver Skulls
Novamarines
Howling Griffons

Unintentionally hilarious tier:
Hammers of Dorn
Invaders

Little bitches tier:
Unforgiven chapters

Douchebag tier:
Iron Hands
Dark Angels
Flesh Tearers
Brazen Claws
Blood Ravens
Minotaurs

Heretic tier:
Marines Malevolent
Soul Drinkers
Blood Drinkers
>>
>>44411505
how does following the codex make them boring? its screwed them over several times and not every chapter can be themed edgelords with thousands of marines

>>44411586
agreed but now that ward fluff is finally dying and with the new hh stuff they might be able to recover
>>
>>44411715
>Douchebag tier

>Dark Angels are there, but Space Sharks, Grey Knights, Exorcists, Silver Skulls, and Imperial Fists aren't there.
>>
>>44411715
Every chapter should be under 'depends on the writer.'
>>
>>44411715
>And Greatest of them all tier:
>Ultramarines
>>
>>44411790
>Space Sharks, Grey Knights, Exorcists, Silver Skulls, and Imperial Fists
>forced to do midly grimdark shit for the preservation of the Imperium and humanity, legitimately care about the Emperor's ideals, always try to save people when possible whenever there isn't an inquisitor/daemonic contamnation on their ass

>Dark Angels
>NO ONE MUST KNOW OUR SECRET! aw shit now we gotta kill the entire Guard platoon which aided our campaign and personally saved Azrael because one of them might have seen a Fallen in the corner of their eye. Oh also we're totally not gay you guys.

see: Azrael: Protector of Secrets by C. Z. Dunn
>>
>>44411735
Exactly as I said, there's no internal debate. There's no decisions to be made, it's follow the codex or don't and accept the consequences of not following it.

Also, you seem to be unaware that the codex talks about far more than limiting chapter numbers. It addresses every aspect of marine life to include how to fight battles. See, you talk about how it's screwed them over like bad consequences make interest. What's boring about those times they were screwed over is that them following the codex no matter what wss a foregone conclusion. There's no tension, no drama, no back and forth, just "well, the codex says to do this".
>>
>>44409399
>because at least some of them fought against their brothers when they turned traitor.
The majority stayed loyal. Spice meme bro.
>>
>>44411884
Not at all.

Nick Kyme is the only Black Library writer who EVER wrote novels or short stories about the Salamanders.

He's utter garbage and never wrote a single good paragraph in his life. His Salamanders trilogy is awful, and every one of his short stories and HH books suck donkey balls.

Yet the Sallies are still awesome.
>>
>>44411917
>Exactly as I said, there's no internal debate.

>Literally internal debate over formation of Tyrannic War Veterans
>Literally internal debate over Calgar's successor
>Literally internal debate in senate

Ultramarines probably have the most internal debate of all.
>>
>>44411939
>He's utter garbage and never wrote a single good paragraph in his life
the bits with he'stan were good
and that one new captain in the first book who is unsure of himself but mans up in the end was decent, until LOLDED next fucking scene

other than that, yeah those books were trash
>>
>>44411715
>not liking the Magpies
Spotted the Templar
>>
>>44411900
>forced to do midly grimdark shit for the preservation of the Imperium and humanity, legitimately care about the Emperor's ideals, always try to save people when possible whenever there isn't an inquisitor/daemonic contamnation on their ass

That doesn't apply at all to the Space Sharks.
>>
>>44411715
>"N-no, that's totally not result of chaos corruption I swear!" tier:
Space "I was a teenage werewolf but then got alopecia" Wolves
Blood "space vampires was a movie so bad i'm not gonna mention it, I'll just say "blood for the bloody blood god" " Angels
Street Sharks
nigga dragons
Flesh "damn son" Tearers
Dark "we're so fucking heretical we had to make our own fucking inquisition" angels
Iron "glory to the new flesh" Hands

>Special "liking them makes you instantly a terrible human being" tier:
Sue Knights

FTFY
>>
>>44404379
Lamenters
>>
>>44404379
You got it right there kid
>>
>>44411900
>exorcists
>grey knights
>space sharks
>always try to save people when possible
there are noble chapters, like the ultramarines, blood angels, lamenters, and the salamanders

and then you have chapters that will bombard civilian centers to lure out the mantis warriors
>>
>>44411735
I think there is a place for the Ultramarines as the Chapter that everyone respects. Whether that's even possible to go back to just that after GW going fucking mental on the concept and ramming it down everyone's throats is another matter.
>>
>>44412054
Street Sharks would protect the civilians just to be sure they can slaughter them afterwards
>>
>>44411917
The codex is a living document and is updated. Beyond that it is also widely open to interpretation.
And Ultramarines have plenty debates, they're space Rome.
>>
File: Uriel_Ventris.jpg (65 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
Uriel_Ventris.jpg
65 KB, 600x561
>>44411917
my point was that every chapter has its ups and downs. Whats the problem with a chapter that rigidly follows the codex. also not everything is "this is what the codex says" there are characters like captain titus and pic related who have openly gone against he codex
>>
>>44412098
uriel ventris a poop

Idaeus was better, likely because he doesn't have an entire novel series dedicated to him walking around being a bellend
>>
File: FTTerminator.jpg (156 KB, 620x750) Image search: [Google]
FTTerminator.jpg
156 KB, 620x750
I've always loved the Flesh Tearers.

Berserk: the Chapter basically.
Doomed to be wiped out by the Black Rage, but hell-bound to take as many enemies of the Imperium with them as they can.

Blood for the Emperor!
>>
So from this thread I gather that people who don't like Ultramarines are just memers who don't know about Ultramarines.
>>
>>44412254
>but hell-bound to take as many citizens of the Imperium with them as they can.
FTFY
>>
>>44412098
Roboute himself says that the Codex isn't to be followed blindly.
>>
>>44404379
Cosmic Kitsunes
>>
>>44412348

And the Emperor said not to worship him. 40k is all about stuff like that.
>>
>>44410930
>default marines on boxes
>pushed hard by GW
>holier than thou chapter, except Grey Knights who are the holiest
>by the books goodie two shoes
It's like saying your favorite street fighter character is Ryu. There's nothing wrong with it, but you're still boring
>>
>>44412701

Ryu is a very popular character though.

And being drawn to something to begin with means it's not as boring as you're trying to make it sound. It means they're conformist, or mainstream.

What made you choose 40k out of everything to begin with? It heavily features space marines.

What makes you choose Star Wars? It features troopers and jedis.

What makes you choose X in general? If you choose X in the first place, why is it strange to be drawn to what X features the most? That's why you were drawn to it.

It's stranger to be drawn to Street Fighter for Dan Hibiki or other random niche things, and not for the shotos or popular chars.
>>
>>44411900
And DA can be writ the other way too.
>>
>>44411900
>Imperial Fists called the Tyranids to the Milky Way in the Horus Heresy

>Space Sharks blew up a god damn planet for no reason.

>Grey Knights douse their bolts in the blood of innocent men when perfectly normal bolts and lasguns banish daemons just fine.

>Silver Skulls will leave Regiments to die because "ayyy lmao my runes".

Also, Azrael during the Pandorax campaign lauded the Catachans who held the line against Abaddon, let them retain command, and left them to colonize the world. He also grieves over the necessary act to kill witnesses on occasion for the sins of his forefathers.
>>
>>44413089
>>Space Sharks blew up a god damn planet for no reason.

"Take the planet at all costs".
>>
>>44413089
>Azrael does the same shit
>but he feels bad about it and it's only necessary when the DA have to do it and unnecessary for everyone else

Nigger.
>>
>>44410930
Because their fanboys are annoying cunts who pretend the most vanilla and bog standard Legion is also the best one which can do no wrong and is superior to everyone else.
>>
>>44413716
>implying they aren't

Buttmad inferior faction detected
>>
>>44413089
The laughable part is the DA teamkillings have never been necessary, and keeping allies from a situation tends to make things worse - they just don't realize that admitting their sins now, after years of loyalty, probably wouldn't damn them like they believe.

Really the only thing that is honestly good about the DA is that they actively hunt for the Fallen, who are often servants of Chaos, instead of waiting for a problem to happen and reacting like most chapters do.I'm a DAfag, and I can't pretend they're purer or less borderline evil than other chapters - though the naive individual line marines are standard space marines, really.
>>
>>44404379
I can appreciate the World Eaters for being the least pretentious chapter. They like killing stuff, so they grab an axe and start chopping. No angst, no whining, no dark and mysterious past. Just kill and burn everything in sight. Dem's some propa Orky Chaos boyz.
>>
>>44409399
Wow. It's like arguing with a Trump supporter.
>>
File: 1322435107044.jpg (37 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
1322435107044.jpg
37 KB, 250x314
>>44413716
You know, I never really had any strong feelings about the ultramarines until people started crying about them. They have a cool color scheme, but otherwise they're just generic.

Now I get to smugly irritate faggots every game with the knowledge that every race, every individual in the galaxy cries themselves to sleep with the knowledge that they will never be as good as the boys in blue.

>mfw close combats are really just rabid fanboys trying to get autographs
>>
>>44409540
What are Imperial Fist.
>>
>>44414037
The second most loyal legion.
>>
>>44414002

I BET YOU'RE A MEXICAN
>>
>>44414037
Not as good as the Ultramarines.
>>
>>44414034
>close combats are really just rabid fanboys trying to get autographs

And they kill themselves when they get so close to all that glory in real life.
>>
>>44414079
Hammer of Dorn confirmed to be more ultra than Ultra marines.
>>
>>44414154
They try to be.
A noble aspiration.
>>
>>44414052
Only legion that the Big E trusted to guard his house while he was busy.
>>
>>44414103
You know when someone says they "can die happy now"?

I like to think the enemy units just have a heart attack upon seeing a real ultramarine up close.
>>
>>44414172
Other Legions had better things to do.
>>
>>44414166
Battle niggers call out the Ultramarines whenever they deviate from the codex because they are the only chapter that doesn't deviate from it.
>>
>>44414196
Starting a second imperium when shit hits the fan to be one of them. Truly a better thing to do right?
>>
>>44414240
Nope, conquering the galaxy.
Imperial Fists helped with the whole second Imperium thing too btw.
>>
>>44414203
They enjoy calling chapters out in general, not the Ultramarines.
>>
>>44414063
I BET YOU CAN'T STOP BEING WRONG
>>
File: ORKz.jpg (124 KB, 571x627) Image search: [Google]
ORKz.jpg
124 KB, 571x627
>>44404379
Green is best.
>>
File: 1432861667629.jpg (797 KB, 1200x1473) Image search: [Google]
1432861667629.jpg
797 KB, 1200x1473
>>44413851
The tragedy of the Dark Angels is that the only people who haven't forgiven them is themselves.
>>
>>44414742
Damn, son.
>>
>>44414002
>Trump meme

That isn't an argument, nig.
>>
>>44414796
Neither is contorting canon because you/he hate/s Guilliman. Or using "nig."
>>
>>44407350
If thats your thing why not white scars?
>>
>>44414849
No, it is an argument, and I had fun writing it. You're welcome to try and counter it if you want.

Or you can keep angrily memeing at me, making embarrassing declarations about canon in a setting that purposefully undermines that shit, and just generally taking this far too seriously. It's your choice, nig.
>>
File: 1426478771119.jpg (356 KB, 960x2000) Image search: [Google]
1426478771119.jpg
356 KB, 960x2000
>>44415079
does white scars have this badboy?
>>
>>44415121
It's an opinion and I can't counter it.
>>
>>44415121
>setting that purposefully undermines that shit

Ah, the last desperate ploy of the BTFO.
>>
>>44414261
Ultamar had elements from most legions, are you saying that everyone legion represented had a part in it?
>>
>>44415079
White Scars don't have Black Knights murdering everything with re-rollable 2++ saves in bitchin' robes swinging horseman hammers.
>>
>>44415388
No it isn't, it's an argument. An opinion is a flat statement, and argument is an opinion backed up by evidence which can be disputed. Watch, it's easy:

>>44409399
You're misrepresenting the intention behind Guilliman's actions. He didn't found the Imperium Secondus to supplant the Emperor, he did it to preserve the work that had been done as he understood it.

Perhaps had Guilliman been aware of the real purpose of the Great Crusade, he'd have understood that without Terra and the Emperor the whole plan would fail, but as far as he knew the purpose was to bring order to the galaxy through conquest.

Bear in mind that at the time Guilliman had no way of knowing if Terra still stood. All he could do is choose whether to fortify the part of the Imperium that he definitely knew was still loyal, so that's what he did.

>>44415416
>More memeing
The first edition is still canon.
>>
>>44415824
Gorilla man just wanted to preserve the imperium without looking like a traitor and an asshole
>>
>>44415729
>are you saying that everyone legion represented had a part in it?

Yup.
You cannot question the loyalty of the Ultramarines when everyone else not riding Horus's cock stuck in that same situation decided to help them.
>>
>>44415804

White Scars have a 20 point ignores cover relic and grav.

Black Knights are better but they are just a single unit. Best combo is WS army featuring BK detachment.
>>
>>44415824
Okay. You're still wrong. Canonically and intellectually.
>>
>>44415902
That's shit logic m8
>>
>>44415954
How?
We see multiple Legions, under the same stimulus as the Ultramarines, decide to follow the plans of the Ultramarines.
>>
>>44415902
Find a realm that's still loyal with primarchs in it, then stick around to hear them out before heading back to terra makes you a supporter of a second imperium. Perfect sense.
>>
>>44404379
I unironically like angry marines and think they grotesque purposedly overdone comical anger contrasts nicely with the overall over-the-top setting, as if parroting and highlighting all the overexaggerated themes, helping the viewer to perceive the entire setting to be more amusing than it actually is as one realises there isn't much difference between codex and the parody chapters other than comical intent in one and lack thereof in the other.
>>
Reminder that the second Imperium didn't exist until BL made it a thing.
>>
>>44415989
Under the same stimulus? No other legion had a sector wide empire they were trying to camp. Most were trying to man the palace walls when they were drawn in by Rowboats lighthouse.
>>
>>44415921
Nah, Ravenwing is better, especially when you factor in HQ and Librarians using Interromancy bullshit. The only thing a Dark Angel army doesn't have is Centurions, and I can ally in a Centurion Deathstar backed up by a Librarian when not using Imperial Knights.
>>
>>44416033
>Under the same stimulus?

Yes.

That being they were trapped in a huge warpstorm with no idea what was going on outside.

>No other legion had a sector wide empire they were trying to camp.

The Ultramarines weren't camping there though, they could not leave.
>>
>>44416101
BA got through. Hit us Heresy board game didn't even mention UM going to relieve terra at the end, just SW and DA. They camped hard.
>>
>>44416266
>BA got through.

We're yet to reach how they did so.

>Hit us Heresy board game didn't even mention UM going to relieve terra at the end, just SW and DA.

You cannot use this fluff in conjunction with the latest. The oldest Ultramarine fluff did not have them in Ultramar at all during the Heresy, but far into the galactic south. They did not even hear of the Heresy until Horus was at Earth.

So choose.
>>
>>44416372
Weren't they also bogged down by the Word Bears still?
>>
File: cypher.jpg (298 KB, 1145x851) Image search: [Google]
cypher.jpg
298 KB, 1145x851
>>44404379
>>44404430
Fallen Angels, of course.

Or maybe Alpha Legion, who probably hang out with those guys now and then.
>>
>>44416392
Not in the oldest stuff. Though they destroyed a large traitor fleet going to reinforce Horus on their way up, and fought the Thousand Sons at one point.
>>
>>44416372
>Implying that's not what Girlyman scratched down in the history books.
>>
>>44416543
Please imply yourself a point next time.
>>
>>44416495
Everything is cannon, including squad broken.
>>
I like the Angels of Absolution.
They're everything I like about Dark Angels but they have a sense of humor.
>>
>>44416662
Even in the HH books the DA have a sense of humor, they just don't show it to outsiders.
>>
>>44416843
As great as that is to hear, I really don't wanna read HH to validate my fanboyism for the Unforgiven.
>>
>>44416843
>Even in the HH books the DA have a sense of humor
>Even

That was before their shame and dourisation.
>>
>>44416887
I'm not sure I understand you, why wouldn't you want to read HH?
>>
>>44416912
I'm a literary snob.
>>
>>44416908
The "dourisation" was a thing from before the Emperor and his muhreens even came to Caliban. They show a stern, cold demeanor to outsiders but joke among brothers.
>>
>>44416953
>Not laughing Asmodai.jpg
>>
>>44410892
>Not true, their coming blew the smoke away. Horus dropped his shields because he feared the imminent arrival of the Ultramarines
Excuse me
>>
>>44418031
Not him, but isn't that true? With the Dark Angels and Space Wolves as well, of course.
>>
>>44418186
Original fluff doesn't mention the Ultras, actually
>>
>>44418186
I'm pretty sure the two alleged reasons are either he experienced momentary regret, or was challenging the Emperor, not fearing the smurfs.
>>
>>44414742
i dont think the emperor forgives them for murder of innocents and torture.
>>
>>44404425
Emperor's children tho they just scream fun
>>
>>44404379
The Exorcists - Grey Knights done right. The whole casting Daemons out of their bodies as a form of initiation is pretty fucking metal.
>>
>>44419255
No, old fluff was: reinforcements incoming better finish this for better or worse. Emperor being retarded took the bait because muh honor and muh son.
>>
>>44421587
Who doesn't like a bunch of madmen who want to spend eternity getting high, slaughtering people with heavy metal, fucking anything that suites their fancy and otherwise partying on forever.
>>
>>44419301
The Emperor was a genocidal maniac.
>>
>>44419301
Where do people get this idea that the Emperor was some kind of moral exemplar? He was a genocidal warlord who offered a choice between total subjugation and cultural extinction, or death.
>>
>>44404379
If legions count? Thousand Sons.

IF they don't? Blood Angels.
>>
The answer is obvious, the Blue Barracudas.
>>
>>44421788
He didn't know that the reinforcements were coming.
>>
File: 1448619626316.png (42 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1448619626316.png
42 KB, 510x546
Alpha Legion
>>
File: 1449260760760.png (52 KB, 906x400) Image search: [Google]
1449260760760.png
52 KB, 906x400
>>44408049
>traveling the galaxy defending humanity with no ulterior motives

Daily reminder
>>
File: BestLegion.jpg (12 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
BestLegion.jpg
12 KB, 250x243
>>44404379
>>
>>44419301
The Emperor has literally sucked the souls out of thousands of Psykers a day for 10,000 years. He's cool with you being a douche if you're on his side.
>>
File: Underratedpost.gif (341 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
Underratedpost.gif
341 KB, 375x266
>>44404396
>>
>>44426530
To keep Terra from getting fucked by an enormous warp storm.
>>
>>44411715
>Douchebag tier:
>Iron Hands
>Dark Angels

These are my two favorite Chapters, why are they here?
>>
>>44430287
I can't speak for Iron Hands, but the Dark Angels are douchebags for abandoning entire Imperial Guard regiments and even allied Space Marine chapters in pursuit of the Fallen.

Dark Angels also obliterated a Black Templar strike cruiser for merely being involved with a captive Fallen, so fuck them for that too.
>>
>>44422634
From post-Heresy, Ecclesiarchy-approved interpretations that everyone takes as 100% truth.
>>
>>44430287

Because they don't coddle humans.
>>
File: Good-morning.gif (871 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
Good-morning.gif
871 KB, 460x259
>>44411715
>Salamanders
>White Scars
>anything other than literal meme tier
Your list is shit and you should consider suicide by commissar
>>
File: Saber Marine.jpg (135 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Saber Marine.jpg
135 KB, 1280x960
>>44404379
Female Space Marines
>>
>>44433407

SO AS I PRAY

ULTRAMARINE BANEBLADE WORKS
>>
Probably Marines Malevolent.

Loyalists, who act like Renegades.

Including killing eachother, and other loyalists for their kit.

Their short stories are the only good thing Kyme has ever, (will ever) written

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Marines_Malevolent
>>
>>44412791
Space marines didn't get me into 40k. The tau did ;^)
>>
>>44437962

We didn't need confirmation that you were cancer since it was already obvious, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>44404582
these orks just dont sound very orky, and slaughterhouse 3? its like an over the top cut out of 40k
>>
File: 1315390345263.png (37 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1315390345263.png
37 KB, 510x546
>>44408149
hey calgar, how you doing buddy?
>>
File: 29-Wep-Bolter09.jpg (85 KB, 352x657) Image search: [Google]
29-Wep-Bolter09.jpg
85 KB, 352x657
>>44408372
oh yes by the way id like to thank you for your most generous gift, calgar.
>>
>>44412098
i don't like their toilet bowl insignia, that's why the artificers just buff it out before we repaint the- i mean take heavy influence from our great brothers hehehehe
>>
>>44414034
>mfw close combats are really just rabid fanboys trying to get autographs

I'm dying
>>
>>44422852
Can we make this a thing?
>>
>>44438206
Why are you so salty, Gue'la?
>>
>>44438685

Sweat glands.
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.