[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread: History Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: OP IMAGE.png (11 KB, 365x464) Image search: [Google]
OP IMAGE.png
11 KB, 365x464
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

> QM question
Have you used any historical allusions in your non-realistic quest?

> Player question
How much of a historian is your QM?

> Bonuns question
Do you know the history of old /qtg/?
>>
>>44403840
>>44403840
>Player
Soma's bretty gud.

>Bonuns
Nuns?
>>
Someone post that copypasta about Legend of Korra being a quest.
>>
I want to do a quest in an original setting. I also want to do the 'reincarnated in to fantasy world' thing for the character building.

How do I introduce this without being so cliche as to completely shit the bed?
>>
>>44404052
You don't.
>>
>>44404052
Lay out a plastic tarp beforehand so it doesn't get on everything.
>>
>>44404052
Choose as many as you like:

>char select, not chargen
>you play the "owner" of the body, not the freeloader
>minimize stat micromanagement
>set boundaries on what IC information can be known, both in terms of background AND what a person can be expected to remember
>we've all done the "I'm so surprised I don't believe it" and "this is so AWSOME WOW" schticks, so can we just skip that?
>chargen is for the new body/life, not the old
>a lot of people already know the secret
>make it clear how morally ambiguous it is to keep the big secret, and how ultimately you have not trusted anyone with the truth
>just don't put too much focus on it
>no chargen at all
>>
>>44403840
>QM question

Well i intend to.

Now which quest should i run? The fallout one or Livendagen?
>>
File: 50 shades of grey.jpg (25 KB, 318x248) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of grey.jpg
25 KB, 318x248
>>44402247
>>44402475
>Trying to get a rise out of the second most sedate player base in /tg/
About the only more sedate playerbase is JQ's. Even Hexer's playerbase is meaner, and that's mostly because they're witchily frustrated.
>>
Think Darksiders, but instead of mistakenly being summoned, you and your three Horsemen brothers was summoned to bring the Apocalypse as Heaven, Hell, and Mankind marched into a war that would not determine who wins, only who's left.

The War is closing in on its end after a century of constant battles. Heaven is in disarray as some Angels call for their forces to be pulled out from the war while others want to win the it no matter the cost; Hell is facing a civil war as Prime Demons vie for the empty throne Lucifer left behind after his demise during the war; Mankind is struggling to stay alive and fight among the ruins of Earth.

You are the last Horseman alive. The masters who once held your chain and determined your fate are long gone. Which side will you ally with or will you stand alone? What happened with your brothers?

You can pick between the four Horsemen and receive different weapons and abilities, perks and cons depending on this choice. It will also affect how others react to your presence.
>>
>>44404052
my best advice is to implement some unorthrdox features in your quest just to make your players forget about this glaring cliche

Restriction with fixed history and what not might work.

>>44404285
might be cool
>>
Fallout quest is up:

>>>44404347
>>
>>44404267
>because they're witchily frustrated.
Witch Adventure Quest was so fucking toxic, holy shit.
>>
>>44404401
Yeah.

Can't believe AToW fans killed a quest just because it wasn't identical to theirs.
>>
>>44404444
>Can't believe AToW fans killed a quest just because it wasn't identical to theirs.
That isnt what I meant..
>>
>>44404468
It's what happened, though.
>>
>>44404444
Nice numbers, anon.
>>
>>44404471
>It's what happened, though.
if you say so okayy, are you going to prove it?
>>
>>44404501
My quads already did.
>>
>>44404401
You're toxic, meanface!
>>
>>44404401
Witch Apprentice Quest. Of the two quests with the name, Friend's was definitely the inferior version, even before you consider the godawful playerbase.
>>
>>44404468
Hex's inclusion of side characters that are totally not mean-spirited mockery of that quest doesn't really help the argument though.
>>
>>44404618
Such as? Because the latest batch of side characters is nothing like the main cast of WAQ.
>>
>>44404052

I've thought of doing this. A lot.

The main thing I can think of is to give everyone a fair shake. Don't make the hero the only summoned guy, and don't make him more speshul and betterar than all the other people.

Also, make the PC suffer. Make them all suffer.
>>
>>44404641
The little hedge witch and her mistress.
>>
Why is Hexer such a shitposter?
>>
>>44404685
Isn't the mistress an old hag and the hedge witch a walking time bomb? Don't really see the similarity.
>>
>>44404672
So like Grimgal?
>>
>>44404722

First I heard of it, really. I was actually thinking Gesellshaft Blume, which is the mostly amazingly mean-spirited manga I've ever read.
>>
>>44404685
Did they really show up after Witch Apprentice? I can't remember exactly when they first appeared but it was many threads ago and given Hex has run at most once a month lately, well...
>>
>>44404092
>>44404312
>>44404672
How's this sound?
>MC is old and never did anything with their life
>For reasons relating to the above, they're qualified for 'reincarnation'
>Offered another chance at life by [Faction] for [Reasons]
>Turned into soul wisp, sent to other world
>>
>>44404052

Don't let players accumulate too much power and support. Keep them constantly moving, with little more than the coins in their pocket and the weapons strapped to their back. Also, point out how alien the culture is, and how the sensibilities can be positively barbaric.

Remember, this is going to be a fantasy world, right? Life is cheap, and can come to violent ends. Don't sugarcoat that.

You should probably avoid the reincarnation thing, though. That's a bit too self-inserty.
>>
>>44404741
Is there really any point in making a reincarnation story about someone who was utterly bland and has no previous experiences he could make use of in his new life?
>>
>>44404741
but that IS the cliche, I thought you were trying to avoid that?

None of that implies that it'll be okay in quest format, nor that the [Reasons] won't be unnecessarily convoluted or full pants-on-head.
>>
HOW ABOUT AN XCOM QUEST?

WE SHOOT AYYS AND SHIT
>>
>>44404741
You literally done nothing to hide the cliche.

Just make this 'reincarnation' something random.
>>
>>44404770

It's for self-insertion. It makes more sense if you play an ordinary guy thrust into a savage new world.

I think Eien No Aselia stands out for how awful the new world could be. The summoned characters ('Strangers') were treated as weapons of mass destruction, and deployed in the same way.
>>
>>44404740
Definitely after.

>>44404711
Sickeningly sweet little girl seeking witch training from a mysterious woman in the woods, except this time she gets her big floppy witch hat and is a ticking timebomb of murder and edge. It was enough of a similarity that Hex himself was worrying in spooky that it would seem like a passive aggressive jab before he posted that thread.
>>
>>44404770
It serves as an anchor point for cultural perspective and jumping off point for character development, facilitates certain plot lines and conflicts that wouldn't likely occur otherwise.
>>
>>44404787
Only if you include elements from Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse.
Multiple timeline XCOM please.
>>
>>44404832

My opinion of 'random species' has been spoilt by crap like Re: Monster. If you absolutely HAVE to do it, I think human would work best. As long as people are aware how god damn creepy that kid is.
>>
>>44404750
>You should probably avoid the reincarnation thing, though. That's a bit too self-inserty.
I'd kinda like to see a reincarnation quest, where instead of just being reborn as a baby and abusing the advantages of adult mind in the body of a baby, the MC is reborn as a random species every time he dies and has to use the experiences from previous forms to survive in increasingly ridiculous circumstances.
>>
>>44404822
anon, those games were ten folds better and hard than the latest installments, few actually played them.
>>
>>44404845
>>44404832
what is going on?
>>
>>44404786
>>44404794
Potential fill ins for [reasons]

Rather than being summoned to serve a purpose in another world, their being sent by our world to serve a purpose here on Earth,

The intent is to somehow bring magic and other shit into our world, or to prepare the other world for invasion by destabilizing it.
>>
>>44404845
But the latter is the really common reincarnation cliche, the former is the thing that's never done.
>>
>>44404853
I wouldn't even mind people just picking out references from those games for the sake of cool.
>Quest starts off with traditional XCOM aliens
>Aliens start popping out of the ocean to up the ante
>Aliens from other dimensions drop in to make things worse
>Cultists and corporations empowered by alien tech are running amok
You'd be gradually getting overwhelmed by stronger and stranger shit with no hope for survival.
And then XCOM Enforcer comes into play to really get things going.
>>
>>44404879
>But the latter is the really common reincarnation cliche
The "reborn as a monster" cliche is often used. What I'm suggesting is the QMC being reborn multiple times throughout the story, randomly hopping from Orc to Human to Dragon to Kraken to Elf to Hellhound and etc. It also gives the potential of exploration, as the QMC is reborn in an entirely different part of the world every time.
>the former is the thing that's never done
Nah, the former is also a common cliche.
>>
>>44404906
I have been playing some xcom lately. I am getting raped by Longwar . This is my nineth try. I don't know why i am coming back.

I would love to run it but i already got my hands full on two quests. Three quests at the same time is literal suicide.

At least i want to see someone who played the first one run it. I would follow that for certain.
>>
File: 1440853151435.jpg (196 KB, 850x900) Image search: [Google]
1440853151435.jpg
196 KB, 850x900
Dropping my trip.

Remember to stay determined and never give up, QMs!
>>
>>44404978
i try.

Thanks anon
>>
>>44405018
>>
>>44404794
Isn't the cliche more often then not that the MC dies/is killed and wakes up in the new world? There being some actual, tangible cause, is surely less cliche than random incidence.
>>
>>44405030
OP please stop trying to draw attention to your shitty metathread.
>>
>>44404808
>Hex himself was worrying in spooky that it would seem like a passive aggressive jab before he posted that thread.
Why would he worry about it? Either he was shitposting against Friend or not.
>>
>>44404808
EshEsh is fucking cute.
>>
I'm slow as fuck, how do I go faster?
>>
>>44405591
Practice. Don't agonize over decisions the players must make. Write the things that the decisions have no bearing on while they vote. Learn to type. Use a spellchecker. Keep thing simple yet explicit. Get a good, patient playerbase.
>>
>>44404285
Sounds really cool to be honest.
>>
>>44404871
this falls under "convoluted", in that you need to put effort into making sure the leaps of logic aren't far. For example:

You are the first....you think. Then you start seeing guns and ammo start appearing in random places, and tales of people/places in fantasyland disappearing. Now there are more reincarnated, appearing at an accelerated rate.

that kind of buildup, instead of revealing that everything is happening at the very end.
>>
>>44404618
>Hex's inclusion of side characters that are totally not mean-spirited mockery of that quest doesn't really help the argument though.#
dont think it was meant like that but youd ofc need to ask how friend reacted to it. and hope hex is honest about his motifs.
>>44404808
>>44404711
it's cute edge. like kaleuns writing but less meanspirited
>>
>>44406356
>youd ofc need to ask how friend reacted to it.
I wondered if maybe he was trying to help me out by making a reference like when he was retweeting my first few threads, but he said it was probably just a case what he reads rubbing off on what he writes.

But you guys can keep making a deal out of it if you want. Attention is always fun.
>>
>>44406356
Both of them are passive aggressive duplicitous doubletalking fucks, good luck with that.
>>
>>44406724 If anybody wants to join.
>>
>>44406160
What implied that it was going to be a late reveal? My intent was to have this introduced early on as part of the set up, so as to establish the situation and whatever conflicts stem of from it.
>>
>>44404052
I would do it this way.

>Opening post introduces some God/Spirit/Powerful Being
>Blah blah blah karma blah reincarnation blah blah
>As a reward for past (unremembered) actions, the god/spirit/being allows the players to choose their afterlife.
>Initiate chargen
>>
I'm slightly tempted to run a The Gamer-esque quest. Randomly post Achievement titles now and then, allow the players to select where to put their stat points (ten points mean an extra dice, Shadowrun style, or maybe it's a straight numerical bonus on a d100) and let them have Adventures.

Except fuck the whole grinding thing, that's no fun. Hell, maybe I'll give them a kind of inverse 'rested XP', where instead of gaining XP faster by waiting at home, they gain XP faster the more they adventure and run through plots.

Use Dwarf Fortress to gen a world, sans civilizations, use the world map as a map, and create an entire setting out of it for the players to explore.
>>
>>44404267
>Ryukuza players
>sedate
Chopped arms, m8.

Also those guys could've just been sharing their opinions. Not everyone is out to get you
>>
>>44404685
Weren't they around before WAQ?

Also Esh-Esh a qt, if that's how Hex does mockery then he's more adorable than I thought.
>>
>>44407211
>Also Esh-Esh a qt, if that's how Hex does mockery then he's more adorable than I thought.
An edgy qt who murders everything by looking at it. It's totally her mistress fault. Nobody else even uses totem shit so much.
>>
>>44406918
the last few reincarnation/transport stories I've read kinda keep the MC dark for ages. A.G.E.S.
>>
>>44404808
>>44407211
The witch hat itself is also attached to a huge sob story.
>>
>>44407290
Which are these, if you don't mind naming them?
>>
>>44407236
Nah, her mistress keeps getting her to NOT be an edgebomb, though her totem instability is likely due to being a hedge witch rather than a formally trained one
>>
>>44407345
Mushoku
Tate
>>
IMO, character gen works fine until it comes time to pick sex. That's where you need to either be willing to take the shitstorm that your first thread will become or just choose the gender you prefer.
>>
>>44407651
>IMO, character gen works fine until it comes time to pick sex. That's where you need to either be willing to take the shitstorm that your first thread will become or just choose the gender you prefer.
MZion is fucking terrible for choosing to invoke this can of worms.
>>
>>44405834
Most importantly, don't hesitate with your writing.
>>
Continuing the Degenesis quest I started yesterday.

>>44392417
>>
>>44407651
Nah, the worst is still weapon choice. That just goes horribly.
>>
>>44407763
God, weapon choice is tedious. If you have an interesting idea, just give it to the PC or have them start out with a sword and throw cool stuff at them as you go along.
>>
File: 1431497519726.jpg (577 KB, 733x957) Image search: [Google]
1431497519726.jpg
577 KB, 733x957
Once again putting forth the WW2 Magical Fantasy Quest that I talked about last night, that maaaaay be vaguely inspired by Operation Darkness

Most of it may have been memes, but I'm now seriously tempted to make it about playing on the side of Germany, rather than an American soldier

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7X-cpgbNm8h3_wi2yILeKW024-WupfEejP6MMQo0dY
>>
>>44408225
>Dr. West
Mah niggah.
>>
>>44408504
I don't get the reference
>>
>>44408532
Elf Thread Shitposter Quest when?
>>
Post your quest ideas, maybe a QM will pick them up.
>>
>>44408586
I'm pretty sure that Paladin of Avalon thing has the monstergirl waifu shitposting niche filled already.
>>
>>44408615

>>44408586
>>
>>44408587

AT-TE Commander Quest is up. I am not yet dead! Let's hope we can keep CT-42/458 alive as well today.
>>
>>44408730
I'mma be honest, here. The more you say your chaacter is very mortal and dies easily, the less credible it seems to me.
>>
>>44408839
You know what it reminds me of? Back when Dark Souls 2 was getting marketed they parroted the 'You are going to die and die and die over again in this super hard game' aspect of it.

After awhile it doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
>>44408839
>>44408928
I feel you are correct, thank you for pointing it out. I'll stop harping on that aspect of the quest from now on.
>>
>>44408928
>>44408839
Seems like rolls of 1 kill characters. On d10s.

Which is absurd, because that means at least one person dies every 10 rolls.
>>
>>44408615
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/daemons
A quest where we play as one of these.
>>
>>44408990
I am currently working to implement a rebalance of how the die works, don't worry.

A single 1 does not immediately equate to character death. There is much more thought put behind it than that.
>>
>>44408552
They sound like Digimon.
>>
File: conquest.jpg (94 KB, 709x600) Image search: [Google]
conquest.jpg
94 KB, 709x600
>>44404285
Can we be Conquest?
>>
Has there ever been an attempt, successful or otherwise, to run two quests concurrently within the same active universe? Presumably there would be a need for some justification for keeping the protagonists from interacting too much in real-time, otherwise it would be a nightmare to manage, maybe just sending messages or something?
>>
>>44409344
Yes. Tale/a/non even went as far as doing crossboard quests.

It ended as terribly as you'd expect.
>>
>>44409393
Yes, but that's tale/a/non
>>
>>44409404
Somebody else did the same thing between /tg/ and akun and it ended up equally terrible
>>
>>44409621
>>44409393
Any links you could give me or suptg tags to search? Or at least summarize where it went to shit?
>>
File: 4.3.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
4.3.png
1 MB, 1280x960
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/22-battle-of-battles-endgame/kenhnw6evTSbF22Jr
>>
>75 users
>Akun is virtually slowed to a crawl
http://anonkun.com/stories/path-of-ascendance/7nHNLgc8eCLiNy8St/prologue/6Xj6bfrPDmCKy6FwM

If MZion can maintain this type of userbase he'll have outdone himself.
>>
>>44409086
Yeah, people can vote between either Pestilence or Conquest in that regard. The other Horsemen are also open to be chosen.
>>
>>44410416
continuing my quest from yesterday
>>
>>44410470
Get a fucking trip nigga.
>>
>>44410502
better?
>>
>>44410470
I'll check back in three threads to see if it's gone anywhere.
>>
QM Question

How do you get through parts of your quest that you absolutely dread writing or have zero interest in continuing? Do you trudge through it or try to find a way to get through it as fast as possible?

Not the whole quest, just some part or story arc that you thought would be more interesting than it actually is.
>>
>>44410715
Make it interesting for you? Throw in something that would make it an interesting writing experience for you. Don't say the crap "I can't" because you're the QM.
>>
>>44410715
Try to make it fucking interesting and think of where you can throw in hooks for deviation into other plot lines.
>>
>>44410715
I make it interesting. I am the QM, so I can do that.

I worry more that my players aren't as interested or enthusiastic about the story, because... I can't just make them have fun. I can do my best, and change things up in a way I hope they enjoy, but it's never certain.
>>
File: MapMapMap.jpg (499 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
MapMapMap.jpg
499 KB, 1024x768
Is it a good idea to make a map?

Because I made a map.
>>
>>44411136
You do realize that there are different brushes you can use to not make the coasts look pixelated, right?
>>
>>44411136
I like maps.
>>
>>44411229
Yeah, but I'm also not finished with it yet. I just converted what I had draw up on graph paper beforehand, cleaning is up is secondary.
>>
>>44411136
I made one. I'm hiding it from my players until they look at a map in-game, though.
>>
How much warning should a QM provide before dropping a make-or-break choice?
>>
>>44411711
What do you mean by make-or-break choice?
>>
>>44411723
Routelock, for example.
>>
>>44410715
I took a break to reevaluate how I wanted to go about the scenario and make it interesting for both me and the players.

Luckily I work in a setting with a lot of opportunity for one shots and side stories so being able to toss one of those in to write something totally different helps me out a lot.
>>
File: oz91qgeokxo1_1280.jpg (168 KB, 894x808) Image search: [Google]
oz91qgeokxo1_1280.jpg
168 KB, 894x808
>>44404285
Why would you not want to be this guy?
>>
I'm thinking of rebooting a Mega Man Legends quest I made a single thread of ages ago.

The problem is that I used a retarded grid-based system for movement that hamstrung the pacing and made every update take 30+ minutes for simple actions. The first thread in the shortest dungeon took almost four hours.

I'm thinking of restarting it, dumping everything except text, and offering the same question to my players once more.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44411909
Why would you not want to be the guy who can destroy him?
>>
>>44411961
Who can destroy war?
>>
>>44411980
One of his Horseman brothers no doubt. Though let's be real, any quest idea pitched in here won't be run.
>>
>>44409802
Imagine two shitposting communities working in tandem.
>>
>>44409344
The very first Madoka Magica quest started on /a/. Alas, after quite a few threads they started to get spammed, and emigrated to /tg/

Then the retcons, reboots and etc happened and the thing got too convoluted to follow, and then it ended. I think.
>>
File: 1445786188252.png (242 KB, 955x643) Image search: [Google]
1445786188252.png
242 KB, 955x643
>Wanted to make a quest about a combat medic
>Someone already beat me to it.

At least the setting is different. Mine was going to have fantasy fused with WWII era technology.

MC was going to be a poor orphan kid that lied about her age to join and be able to go to school, two years later they're pulled out of medical training to work in a warzone
>>
>>44413068
>her
Dropped.
>>
>>44413928
EBIN :DD
>>
>>44413928
>Sexist
All these virgins. Shouldn't expect anything else from a fa/tg/uy.
>>
Let's say I'm doing a Warhammer 40k Quest. What pointers should I follow? Any cliché I should avoid? Should I read most of the wiki beforehand or wing it and read it as I progress through the quest?
>>
>>44414017
>Any cliché I should avoid
Female MC.
>>
>>44413928
Sweet meme
>>
>>44414054
Wasn't planning on making a Battle Sister quest anyhow.
>>
File: This is bait, the Musical.jpg (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
This is bait, the Musical.jpg
72 KB, 900x900
>>44413928
>>
>>44414017
Blueberry Quest WHEN?
>>
>>44414105
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1451252286282.gif (100 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451252286282.gif
100 KB, 200x200
>Start an earthy, grounded quest on small scale
>Players control an idiot who is too focused on their own problems, let alone anyone else's
>As the players progress, the character gets smarter, and they can focus on things other than themselves
>As they get smarter, they realize there are bigger problems afoot
>When they become infinitely smarter than when they were when they start out, they come across realizations infinitely larger than the ones from when they started out, and huge problems make themselves known
>As players chase down solutions to these problems, they keep running into more hypermassive problems the world has been facing for eons, and in the midst of solving those become aware of even more grand problems, ever unrelenting
>Should they choose to pursue the greatest threat they know of at all times, they will never solve anything, for they will always learn of more incomprehensible terrors which loom overhead and drop everything to deal with the new problem
>they don't realize any of this until it's all happening at once
Is this how I cosmic horror?
>>
>>44414105
>>44414054
>>44413928
People who hate Female MCs are like vegans, they can't go 5 seconds without telling everyone that they don't like them and that they'll drop quests they were never going to follow in the first place.
>>
>>44414139
>>>/qa/
>>
>>44414149
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>44413971
>>44413983
>>44414064
>>44414132
People who like Female MCs are like vegans, they can't go 5 seconds without telling everyone how great they are and that they'll drop quests they were never going to follow in the first place if they don't have them.
>>
>>44414163
>>>/cgl/
>>
>ITT: Baiters are trying too hard.
>>
>>44414233
>ITT: /u/fags who have made questing demonstrably worse
>>
>>44414317
>Someone makes a female MC
>Neckbearded Fa/tg/uys start screaming "YURI SUCKS!" at the top of their fat-filled lungs
I laugh every time.
>>
>>44414367
>Someone expresses distaste for female homosexuality
>Neckbearded /u/fags start screaming "BIGOT" and "CISSHIT" at the top of their fat-filled lungs
Makes me cringe desu.
>>
>>44414394
Funny thing is, no one has started saying "bigot" or "cisshit" while you've clearly shown your distaste for Yuri, which isn't something a female MC in a quest automatically represents.
>>
>>44414423
>which isn't something a female MC in a quest automatically represents
It's what you'd push for, Tumblr.
>>
>>44414445
And now you're making baseless assumptions. You've lost, my friend.
>>
File: 1445678850650.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445678850650.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>44414394
Nobody's mentioned anything about lesbians except you..
>>
>>44414461
>You've lost, my friend
*Tips fedora*
>>
File: saruman the green.jpg (138 KB, 717x525) Image search: [Google]
saruman the green.jpg
138 KB, 717x525
>>44414423
>which isn't something a female MC in a quest automatically represents
>>
>>44414484
The reply of a cornered person who has lost an argument. Stop pushing your baseless assumptions and blind hate for something onto others who just want to enjoy quests. Go do that on Reddit or some shit.
>>
If it keeps autists from coming into my threads I'll just make my MC a lesbian every single time.
>>
>>44414523
Nice, will you screenshot this and post it to /r/4chan so you can gloat with all your fedorathiest buddies?

Retard.
>>
>>44414546
Please contain your salt.
>>
>>44404804
>self-insertion
>in a quest
>>
>>44414530
It won't, it'll just attract a different sort.
>>
>>44414560
>salt
>>>/vg/fgg
Or even
>>>/t/witter
We don't need your niggerspeak here.
>>
>>44414589
Holy shit, you're mad.
>>
>>44414604
>lol u mad
Are you literally 6?
>>
>>44410095
I managed to recreate the Shadow Quest Upgrade Sperg. My plan is working perfectly.
>>
File: 1451022004164.jpg (162 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1451022004164.jpg
162 KB, 500x693
>Guy mentions wanting to make a female MC
>Planefag autists flood in the thread and say it's bad because of lesbians.

Only /tg/ is this fucking retarded over lesbians. Even /a/ mostly got rid of that autism months ago.
>>
>>44414628
THey all came here it seems
>>
>>44414615
I don't know, are you mad?
>>
Is Hexographer the best option for making star charts?
>>
>>44414660
>lol u mad
Going by your rules, you resorting to this means I've won.
>>
>>44414680
You've already lost. I'm laughing at you sperging out over it, my friend. :^)
>>
>One guy mentions disliking female MCs
>Hoard of /u/fags who constantly search the archives for any possible dissent suddenly show up and shit up the thread

Jesus christ. When is Hiroshima going to purge these idiots? They can go and make their own subreddit or 8ch board.
>>
>>44414667
>Hex
Stopped reading there. Worst QM and worst tripfag on this fucking site.
>>
>>44414725
Cr/u/sading when?
>>
File: 1449603774957.png (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1449603774957.png
45 KB, 554x439
>>44414628
>>44414727
>Mfw Planefags and /u/fags are shitposting at each other while I'm comfortably playing my game and writting on my quest.
You're all losers in my book.
>>
>>44414725
Cruanti-/u/sading when?
>>
>>44414764
Put your trip on if you're going to post, Planefag.
>>
>>44414747
you havin a giggle there mate?
>>
>Thread dead for about 1 hour
>Goes from 0 to 100 in shitposting.

You guys are really bored eh?
>>
>>44414790
No. He's seriously cancerous and I don't even know why we consider him a QM when he doesn't fucking run.
>>
File: Alice.jpg (297 KB, 708x600) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
297 KB, 708x600
>>44414784
Out of my face, planefag.
>>
>>44414764
>Touhoufags
What quest do you write so I can drop it.

Oh wait I already know
>>
>>44414810
DOn't even know who that is.

I had a legitimate QM questions ):
>>
>>44414844
Its shitpost o clock over here. You won't get your questions answered honestly right now. Best to wait til later.
>>
>>44413068
If you're talking about Spitalian Quest as the QM I'd say run it regardless. Sounds like fun.
>>
>>44414867
>Its shitpost o clock over here
Lol. Found Planefag. He's always mad as fuck when you call him out.
>>
>>44414175
>People who like Female MCs are like vegans, they can't go 5 seconds without telling everyone how great they are and that they'll drop quests they were never going to follow in the first place if they don't have them.
I can't speak objectively here, but all I ever see is
>female MC
>dropped
Rarely if ever the opposite.
>>
>>44415015
I heard somebody was more hated then me? Is this true?
>>
>>44415066
You see these pathetic fucking neckbeards go into quests with gender votes and bitch and whine whenever an MC ends up as male. It's sickening.
>>
>>44415097
>You see these pathetic fucking neckbeards go into quests with gender votes and bitch and whine whenever an MC ends up as male. It's sickening.
I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>44415097
>One with a gender vote that ran just now
>Nobody complained when everyone voted male.

At worst they just silently drop the quest.
>>
>>44415142
>It happened once so it happens just like that every other time!
Lol, okay /u/.
>>
>>44415066
>Rarely if ever the opposite.
I tend to do the opposite, but I'm not autistic enough to need to post every time I pass over an idea because of a male MC.
>>
>>44415178
Actually the worst case of a gender vote was when the MC was stated to be male but everyone went apeshit when they voted him to have a female character in the MMO.

All of the fags like you kept posting about how the quest was "yurishit" when the MC was a male in IRL.
>>
>>44415218
That's even worse, it lets in /u/fags and trapfags.

The quest would probably devolve into smut within a dozen threads.
>>
<Alerni> Which half of it?
<Alerni> or is it all you?
<Alerni> It's all fucking stupid
<EEEAUGH> Anti-/u/, of course
<Alerni> Oh, so now it's time for everyone is planefag hour in it?
<EEEAUGH> Why, do you have a problem with it, Planefag?
<Crazma> I'm honestly starting to get the feeling that 75% of all anti-/u/ posting is all EEE
<EEEAUGH> It is
<Crazma> You're such a fucking spoerg
<EEEAUGH> You people get so fucking defensive/other people realise what's going on and start shitposting along with me
<Alerni> Nah, I'd only give him 50%
<Crazma> But I'm just shitposting at you anyway
<Crazma> And espically now
<Crazma> When ever literally anyone on this website talk about how much they hate yuri
<Crazma> That it's probably you
<Crazma> Even on fucking /v/
<Crazma> Probably you
<EEEAUGH> >A-anyone who doesn't indulge in my degenerate fetish is j-just a troll
<EEEAUGH> Wow
<EEEAUGH> >>>/tumblr/
<Alerni> worse than femdomfags desu
<Crazma> It's not even a conspiracy
<Crazma> I've fuckiong caught you doing it in /v/
<EEEAUGH> I made one post because you mentioned the thread
<Crazma> >EEE
<Crazma> >Only ever making one post
<Crazma> I literally don't believe anything you say
<EEEAUGH> I don't care enough to do it on /v/
<Crazma> Ganbaru needs to hurry up and be released in english
<EEEAUGH> Too much shitposting
<EEEAUGH> At least on Lively I know some people genuinely give a shit about yuri
<Crazma> "Too much shitposting" - A walking shitpost
<EEEAUGH> I mean that as in, they're too used to it
<EEEAUGH> Whereas the /u/fags in Lively are somewhat more sensitive
<Crazma> They're not though
<Crazma> It's literally shitposters shitposting at shitposters
<EEEAUGH> Nah
<Crazma> Every /u/ v anti/u/ in spooky has been me shitposting at you
<EEEAUGH> After the shitposting you see people unironically bitching about anti/u/
<EEEAUGH> I don't care if I'm not shitposting at them directly
<EEEAUGH> Someone finds it annoying
>>
>>44415249
It was an MMO quest so no, it didn't. It actually died because of people like you.
>>
>>44415276
God I hate #SWQ. Why do they go so far to ruin our threads?
>>
File: 1444597364498.jpg (72 KB, 548x470) Image search: [Google]
1444597364498.jpg
72 KB, 548x470
>>44415363
>#SWQ
>>
>>44415281
wow, people still remember that?

it's not that /u/ or anti-/u/ ruined it, it's that the majority of the players were retards before they even got to character interaction. Never have I witnessed such max-mining
>>
>>44414140
Sort of. I always made it known that the PC could never ever be powerful enough to "make a difference" on any significant scale, and then let them accomplish something personally significant to the characters with her lingering sense that it was really all for nothing
>>
>>44415218

Was that Blacksite Quest? The one with the really disgusting sex scene?
>>
>>44415993
Blacksite didn't have a gender vote
>>
I want to do a grim VRMMO quest, but there already sorta is one. FeelsBadMan.
>>
>>44416158
nearly all the MMO quests have been grim. At least, I'm pretty sure Arcadia was.

One was not so much grim as the MC being a dysfunctional person, and only one was seriously lighthearted. That's kinda it.
>>
>>44416118

There were male characters and female characters you could pick at the start, like a MOBA. Of course, tg picked the chick.
>>
>>44416233
I really want to do a SAO-done-right quest that's really fucking grim where a lot of the focus is on the hopelessness of the situation and people killing themselves left and right, losing friends and comrades along the way to the top, seeing players sitting in corners at the starter town after being scammed of everything by another player, young kids who are walking around all alone after their parents or older siblings have died.
>>
>>44416356
I don't dislike the idea but for whatever reason, I can only imagine it going up in fire. And not gloriously either.
>>
>>44416356
Sounds like edgy try-hard shit.
>>
>>44416394
Sounds like you don't know the difference between grim and edgy. It's fine though.

>>44416379
It would probably not go down well, true.
>>
>>44416356
>people killing themselves left and right, losing friends and comrades along the way to the top
>seeing players sitting in corners at the starter town after being scammed of everything by another player, young kids who are walking around all alone after their parents or older siblings have died.
pick one and only one. You probably won't be able to portray both from a single character's perspective, and god knows Kawahara failed at even that.

Either in medias res for the pathetic newb MC, or go with a middle-front player who doesn't immediately get ganked by unexpected mechanics/traps.

>>44416346
because gender is the only defining trait in a MOBA
>>
>>44416444
>people killing themselves left and right, losing friends and comrades along the way to the top, seeing players sitting in corners at the starter town after being scammed of everything by another player, young kids who are walking around all alone after their parents or older siblings have died.
Sounds pretty fucking edgy to me bruh.
>>
>>44416511
I bet you're one of those that call "war" all together edgy, bruh.

>>44416468
I guess, but you could use side-PoV's for fluff and showing other secondary characters reactions to the state of the starter town.
>>
>>44416586
>I guess, but you could use side-PoV's for fluff and showing other secondary characters reactions to the state of the starter town.
you're trying to "do SAO right". I'm starting with a low assumption for skill/experience.
>>
>>44416619
Finished 2 quests before, so I take it as you will. Just spit-balling ideas.
>>
The distinction between "grim" and "edgy" is an arbitrary and subjective, "do I like it or not?"
>>
Keep in mind that there are plenty of people in Lively who only enjoy SoL quests.

Don't take people bitching about edge too seriously.
>>
>tfw your furry ERP bullshit quests have no desire for lesbian relationships because everyone just wants to take the knot

easy life
>>
>>44416661
>2 finished
....I don't know which QMs have actually done that. I've witnessed some quests been done, but not 2 by the same QM. I have no idea who you are.

Not that I don't believe you, I just can't form an opinion when I can't estimate the full worth of experience.
>>
>>44416706
What's a Lively and where can I join these people.
>>
>>44416468

Dude, that game was specifically all about sex and violence. It was illegal to play in the titular MMO, and it was being livestreamed to rich perverts. You got cash bonuses from demeaning yourself.
>>
>>44416356

I always thought that a really deadly MMO should be like multiplayer Dark Souls. All survival horror all the time, skill is everything.
>>
>>44416661
Yeah but "X done right" has always been fucking awful.
>>
>>44416778
And everyone is a Dark Souls character; Solaire, Siegmeyer, Lautrec, Patches, all of them are people I'd love to meet in an MMO.
>>
>>44416750
I wonder if anyone actually got off to that.
>>
>>44416873

I did.
>>
>>44416851
>Lautrec, Patches,
>people I'd love to meet in an MMO
I implore you to reconsider.
>>
>>44417021
thanks for sharing, I guess. I have been saved from the fate of never knowing.
>>
>>44417045
>Hey buddy, you see that wine in that shrine of Zamorak over there?
>It's a unique item, only spot to get it, it sells for loads, and best of all, it's free!
>Go on, grab it! The monks don't bite!
>Oh I'm sorry, did they all start attacking you at once? Let me get the door-WHOOPS, I shut it!
>I'll make it up to you at Lumbridge, mate! I'll trim your armor for you, free of charge! Gahahahaha!
>>
>>44416851
I'm suddenly reminded of how vibrant and fun the Dark Souls cast were even when fucking you over compared to DS2 and BB.
>>
>>44416778
>>44416851
That'd be interesting as fuck. You get the other players loot and humanities to continue doing PvP. Let it have a story-mode where the MC progresses through the game's story with quests and shit and they can get invaded by other players or invade other players worlds. Could even leave messages to kill or help other players, and there could be different Hubs where PvP is turned off and you can only reach them by getting to a certain point in the story-mode.

For an example, Firelink Shrine is a Player Hub that is only unlocked after you've rung one or two of the bells. The goal of the quest is to beat the game without dying.
>>
File: Tried so hard.png (61 KB, 741x674) Image search: [Google]
Tried so hard.png
61 KB, 741x674
Yes! I've done it!
The ultimate milestone!
>>
>>44417237
Why do so many people want to fuck bugs?
>>
File: Player's upgrade sheet.png (63 KB, 3427x1712) Image search: [Google]
Player's upgrade sheet.png
63 KB, 3427x1712
>>44417266
upgrade sperg
>>
>>44417336
How will fucking bugs get us any of that?

Related, why are so many smut quests basically /d/?
>>
How much mechanical depth should a quest have?
>>
>>44404741
"Reincarnated as a Prinny Quest"

Go.
>>
>>44417433
I still don't comprehend why quests use randomized mechanics at all, honestly.
>>
>>44417475
>randomized mechanics
What fucking table do I have to use to roll my game's mechanics?
>>
>>44417475
As opposed to?
>>
>>44417396
The same reason why people prefer /d/: Humans fucking humans gets really old after a while. Also, character development takes forever when you're following it being written in real time, so fuck that, just write fetish porn and you've got followings.
>>
>>44417506
>>44417516
I dunno, straight choice and consequence? There's quite a few successful quests in various states of active that don't use dice rolls or only, rarely, use randomization for specific situations.
>>
>>44417456
....might be just casually self-referential enough to get away with it.
>>
>>44417516
Not him, but I guess stats and threshold checks would be one. You know, no rolls but difficult actions require you meet a score count. Or you just "unlock" additional choices for meeting thresholds.

Though, you can't usually re-do a quest so I guess a lot of appeal is lost in that method.
>>
>>44417336
>>44417237
>>44417266
>>44414620
It's actually scary how well Path of Ascendance set off the discussion. It fucking broke the site for heaven's sake. The creators really mastered sperg.
>>
>>44417336
>more intimate ways

What does that mean?
>>
>>44417605
I'd argue that that gives a lot more permanence to decisions, especially those that you unlock for meeting a certain value.

Example: Talking to a town guard preventing you from passing
>Mind turning the other way just this once? (Persuasion Roll)
>This coinpurse dropped out of the sky, and I was never here. (-50 gp)
>Reputation: Warrior (Unlocked) : Theoretical question: Would you be more scared of what your boss will do to you you if you let me pass, or what I'm going to do to you RIGHT NOW if I don't go where I'm needed?
Et all.
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41 KB, 190x223) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41 KB, 190x223
Because of New Years I'm running Monday tomorrow and Wednesday instead of my normal Tuesday and Thursday threads.

Hope to see you folks tomorrow
>>
>>44417530

>Humans fucking humans gets really old after a while

This is kind of a surreal statement when you consider the /tg/ questing population that also enjoys /d/ fetish material is like <1000 people out of 7 billion humans who typically enjoy humans fucking humans for decades.
>>
>>44417768
>humans who typically enjoy humans fucking humans for decades.
Yet they've dreamed of fucking the earth, the sun, the stars and everything between and beyond since recorded history and likely before.
>>
>>44417768
>out of 7 billion humans who typically enjoy humans fucking humans for decades.
>only 4channers have extreme fetishes
Surreal as the statement might have been you >>44417811 just topped it.
>>
>>44411739

Routelock is a good idea. JQ is an example of the shit that happens when you DON'T routelock: players flirt with every girl, fuck up spectacularly.

It's amazing that there was no NTR.
>>
>>44418003
To be fair nearly every girl in JQ wanted to ride the MC's dick, it'd be foolish for JQOP to have expected the players to have done anything different.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.