[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone still listening to this? Has it gotten any better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: criticalhit.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
criticalhit.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
Is anyone still listening to this? Has it gotten any better? I stopped around the time it became Trelle's Drama Corner (Look at me I'm a lesbian! I antagonize others for having familiars! I beat up party members to save monsters!) edition.

I've been trying to find decent roleplaying podcasts after that, but haven't really found anything too good. Is there anything decent around at the moment?
>>
>>44403602
Nah, it's still shit. Don't bother.
>>
>>44403602
>I've been trying to find decent roleplaying podcasts after that, but haven't really found anything too good. Is there anything decent around at the moment?
Role playing public radio is good. Unless they're playing Fantasy (which also overlaps badly with being run by new as fuck GM), that tends to be shitty.
>Is anyone still listening to this? Has it gotten any better? I stopped around the time it became Trelle's Drama Corner (Look at me I'm a lesbian! I antagonize others for having familiars! I beat up party members to save monsters!) edition.
Sounds like a bad Cartoon Network show.
>>
>>44403602
nope.jpeg
>>
>>44403602
I hadn't heard of this bullshit yet. Any details?
>>
>>44403602
How did you ever listen to this? At no point I know of was the sound quality at any sort of acceptable level.
>>
>>44403631
>Sounds like a bad Cartoon Network show.

The sad thing is, it was a good, fun show (sure, mileage may vary, but it was a lighthearted, epic-scaled, quality show) for something like the first 130 episodes. Then they got in a new player who was way into melodramatic bullshit kind of person, and a huge chunk of the game turned into TUNE IN TO FIND OUT HOW TRELLE TURNS EVERYTHING INTO DRAMA NEXT TIME.

I mean, I started listening because I liked the story about four simple, funny characters (a snooty Eladrin wizard, a nerdy artificer, a dumb but folksy and dependable half-orc and a way too clever for his own good gambler warlock) stumble their way through epic adventures. And then the whole fucking thing turns into random bullshit about a moralizing bitch who's suddenly dictating the party's every decision and having drama about her relationship with one character's sister.

I stopped listening when she literally assaulted one of the party members for having the nerve to try and kill literally unnatural abominations that were trying to kill civilians.
>>
>>44403780
Should also be mentioned that the character, Trelle, was a way too fucking obvious self-insert with character integrity as flimsy as aluminum foil. How the fuck do you play a ranger who's all "proud and cool hunter" half the time and goes all ecoterrorist on characters for trying to slay aberrant moon monsters the other half?
>>
>>44403780
>she literally assaulted one of the party members for having the nerve to try and kill literally unnatural abominations that were trying to kill civilians.

First, why? Why would she do that? Why would you ever do that?! Who the fuck rescues zombies unless they are a total retard?
>>
>>44403801
They were aberrant monsters from the moon. Literally created by mad gods to be their playthings and then launched into the natural world from there to sow chaos and destruction (possibly unintentionally, but that was what they were doing).

She insisted they should relocate the monsters because THEY'RE COOL ANIMALS THOUGH, AND THESE PEOPLE HAD THEM IN A CAGE SO NOW I'M SAD. Or at least pay special attention to kill them as humanely as possible. In the fucking middle of them breaking out and causing mayhem.

The other characters treid to tell her that these things are fucking bad news and will breed and become a terrifying invasive species, and tried to kill them, and then she was indignant and offended and SAD because these terrible people aren't respecting her opinions.

The monsters were knocked out, the warlock attempts to zap them so that this can be done with and the monsters won't fuck the world up, and she charges in, grabs him in a headlock and wrestles him down because MUH EMOJIONS. Then she killed them herself, but did it "humanely".
(On a sidenote, the character's paragon path was literally about defending nature from unnatural abominations and dangers. So what the fuck.)

She also brewed up some terrible fucking drama about the characters finding a clearly abandoned cave of some previous adventurers. The other characters wanted to take the stuff there (which was obviously placed there as a wealth-per-level -type reward) and use it, and she went all NO THIS IS IMMORAL WE CANNOT and basically forced the others to wait until she slept and then take it all in secret.

Fuck, that's not even all of the fucking drama and Look at Muh Special Bullshit. NONE of the other characters had any of this shit.
>>
>>44403780
Holy fuck-
>>44403857
HOLY FUCK WHY
>character's sister
You don't fuck your party member's sister. It's just not cool.
>>
>>44403857
Why the hell were they putting up with this shit? Why not just fucking kill or abandon this obvious load? Her stupidity alone makes her a threat to the party.
>>
>>44403883
Her character also had a weird emo (and implied sexual) relationship with a creature that was basically a fae god. Oh, and that lesbian relationship thing was apparently not even discussed with the player whose character's sister it was. It was just apparently good for MUH DRAMA. Cue scenes of her roleplaying with the DM about how they broke up but they still totes love each other but the world is making it hard for them to be together sob-sob-woe while the other characters are more intrested in killing monsters and saving the fucking world.

It got fucking dreadful.
>>
>>44403780
this sounds like fucking trash.
>>
>>44403898
Honestly, I don't know. They were good sports about it for some reason. I guess they put up with it partially because they didn't want to disturb the podcast, which was very much a show for the public at that point (as well as their game). Or somesuch.

Basically, whenever people criticized the decision to bring in a new player due to dramatically changing the game, replies were along the lines of "Now now, we're all having fun" and "Well, everyone's mileages vary!" and shit like that.

I dunno, man. For some reason, that shit really annoyed me. I was invested for fucking 100+ episodes (most an hour long) into this, and then it turned sour like that. Fuck it.
>>
>>44403909
I'm cringing way too hard.
>Basically, whenever people criticized the decision to bring in a new player due to dramatically changing the game, replies were along the lines of "Now now, we're all having fun" and "Well, everyone's mileages vary!" and shit like that.
That's way lame. I wonder if the player has any inkling what kind of a nuisance he/she is being or whether they just don't care.
>>
>>44403780
>for something like the first 130 episodes
Apparently it's episode 145.
>>
Since this is a mildly tangentially-related thread:

I have a game group that streams our weekly game to Twitch, though we're late as fuck on that bandwagon, and it's not particularly good. Like, they're alright players, but they're not charismatic or outgoing at all, so it's basically exactly like every other low-quality D&D livecast made up of boring, generic gamers. If people watch it, cool, but it doesn't have the makings of anything big.

I'm trying to get my brother and my nephew and a few other friends together to do another game though, but one that's much more of a comedy/entertainment game where the players are all entertainers and comedians (my brother & nephew are stand-up comics and have a comedy podcast), so a lot more outgoing and personality to it.

I feel like the latter has much more potential than the former ever will.

Also I haven't come up with a name for either game yet.
>>
>>44404028
It'll help if you play something a bit non-standard but still known.
>>
>>44404034
I have no real interest in branching out game-wise. Like, it's just not a thing that I care much about as a DM. I run Pathfinder, and I've never had an issue with it, but I'll probably use 5E for the second group since they're all pretty much new players.

The one thing that was interesting was my nephew said he'd want to spend a few sessions learning how to play off-camera first because he didn't think any D&D fan who might watch would want to see a bunch of brand new people struggle with rules they don't know and have things explained.

I don't know the answer to that.
>>
>>44403857
This would still be mildly entertaining if the characters reacted appropriately IC. I'm guessing they just rolled with it though, rather than ever punching that character in the face.
>>
>>44404051
Well, Pathfinder is good for magical antics if nothing else, I suppose.
>>
>>44404051
>I run Pathfinder, and I've never had an issue with it, but I'll probably use 5E for the second group since they're all pretty much new players.
That is perfectly okay. My point's more about attention and exposure since you talked about that for two thirds of the post.
>I don't know the answer to that.
Just do audio and cut it. I for one don't enjoy looking at people play RPGs unless I'm there in person.
>>
Okay, listening to this now.

Holy FUCK Trelle's voice is grating as fuck. I initially thought the player was a crossplayer. But no, she's every single negative stereotype of boss a female boss and a female player in one. Bad at crunch, bitchy to her workers according to her own admission, OMG SHOPPING :DD to the max, gets lost in encounters, shuts down combat because she can't handle it... whoa.
>>
>>44404435
Alright, I'm going to give this a listen. It's hard to imagine but I've met guys like this, so I'm sure the girl version must exist somewhere.
>>
>>44405295
>Alright, I'm going to give this a listen. It's hard to imagine but I've met guys like this, so I'm sure the girl version must exist somewhere.
Do it. It's actually kind of interesting how even her very introduction episode is a big fucking I'M THAT PLAYER KICK ME PLEASE KICK ME sign that's both screaming and on fire.
>>
>>44403602
The new season's better. New chick is way better. The plot is finding its feet again.
>>
>>44405315
So I'm like halfway through and not really seeing anything super bad so far. The most egregious thing was her character's overly complicated tatoo.
>>
>>44405752
>new chick
Oh the tokenism.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.