[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tg/ I'm running a sci-fi squad-based military campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1442517044117.png (914 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1442517044117.png
914 KB, 1024x683
So /tg/ I'm running a sci-fi squad-based military campaign right now and I need ideas for missions/operations that would be intresting to run. What do you guys have/would suggest.
Pic semirelated
>>
>>44402348
Find out who stole all the good rations.
>>
>>44402348
You're in a station, tasked to evacuate hostages from a local terrorist group. They are in a defensible position, so no sniping. Said hostages are ambassadors of another country. Someone "might" want you to fail the mission.

You're a crew of a new bipedal "tank", or mecha for the layman. You're stationed in the jungles of Vietnam, fighting motherfucking skeletons that went back to life due to their intense spectral motoboner for Ho Chi Minh. In Happy Valley, you get trapped in an ambush by multitudes of skeletons bigger than God's enema. Stay alive.
>>
procrastinate cleaning the barracks
>>
given intel on a location to the terrorist group you've been combatting and info that they are about to make an attack of some kind.

you get news that their leader (who your organization has no pictures of, only name) is said to show up at the location very briefly then disappear again for who knows how long

you dont have much time which means you cant scout the location or prep anything. you have to rush in immediately.

during the assault you catch them off guard, great victory. you look for the one they call Bane (whatever name you give them). and you take in as many as you can.

in the same compound you find 6 people in cages, they look exhausted. upon any medical examination youll see they have recently gone through surgery to have what appears to be small IED's implanted in them.

the party may be able to capture one of the group high ranking members but no sign of Bane, interviews reveal whatever you want.

should the party bring in the caged people, some time will pass before they plan an attack from within the base, taking hostages, disabling security, etc...

Bane is among them (or not if you want him to live)

this will likely be more than just some random mission
>>
>>44402348
Clear a large passenger jet while it is in flight
Guns=explosive decompression death if you fuck up
>>
>>44402348
Read transmetropolitan, make them do everything the police does in that comic, while letting them know what the president and the "not spider Jerusalem character " are doing. At the end let them decide which side they are on
>>
File: 47.jpg (136 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
136 KB, 640x465
>>44402348
I don't know, but I'm running a historical party-based hero's journey campaign right now and I need ideas for challenges/encounters that would be interesting to run. Where do you gals have/would begin.
Poc simerulated.
>>
>>44403763
Consider having them fight tough opponents that are almost identical to lower level mooks, kind of like heroic but expendable troops, that would be cool.
>>
The super power which they're enlisted by is collapsing and balkanizing, goverment and military is in complete disarray. Party is stationed in a state threatening to leave the union, when it does, it does so violently, and the party is in tge midst of it. Coms keep saying reinforcements are on the way, but they're lying.
>>
Enemy is large and heavily armed force that could surely overpower you if put in a normal battle, but they're slow and disorganized. PC's forced to do hit-and-run tactics in a vehicle to wear them down. Sorta like a miniature Russian Cossacks vs. Napoleon.
>>
>>44403372
What if the PCs decide to crash said plane with no survivors?
>>
>>44403372
>Aircraft fuselages are designed with ribs to prevent tearing; the size of the hole is one of the factors that determine the speed of decompression, and a bullet hole is too small to cause rapid or explosive decompression.

It'd have to be a lot of bullet holes in rapid sequence.

Though, why wouldn't you equip your jet hit squad with oxygen masks?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.