[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Imperial Titan is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Warlord_Titan_Size_Chart.jpg (109 KB, 807x489) Image search: [Google]
Warlord_Titan_Size_Chart.jpg
109 KB, 807x489
So I'm starting a mega project soon, going to be getting one of the three Imperial Titans for painting , all three are very impressive.

But I also am a Horus Heresy Mini game player and was considering playability.

So /tg/, assuming that all three are fantastic models and will have love and care brought to their painting, which one would you own if you wanted to game with it.

My current ideas,

Warhound, cheapest pointswise and playable in smaller/even normal games at its cost. But its the smallest and has the least impact in Apocalypse games which are played every now and then. Estimated that I could play it once every 1-2 months

Reaver titan: The middle ground, its probably the most points efficient in game, is most balanced and is just a good piece of Apoc and really large games of HH, but is significantly lesser to the Warlord both and size and impact.
Estimated that I could play it once every 2-3 months.

Warlord: Here we decide to ignore any possibilty of usage in normal HH and even smaller Apoc games, its a God of War and the strongest model in the game currently, but will be played only 2-3 times a year at most and will be a display model for the most part.

What would you go for and why, for this assume the price wasn't the big factor but looks, playability, and awesome are more important.

Besides that Titan General
>>
What do YOU want the titan for?
>>
File: Titanicus.jpg (44 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
Titanicus.jpg
44 KB, 500x320
>>44399484
There is no real 'best' if you ask me.
All the different types of Titans have their own purpose in a Walk (Titan War)

If you want to form a option of the matter, I'd recommend reading Titanicus. Its ALL about Titans fighting.
And the politics between the Imperium and Mars.
>>
>>44399484
Reaver cause it carries Warlord tier weapons at half the points.
>>
>>44399484

All three are useable and good at what they do. The Warhound is the classic tough turbo laser who is cheap enough to be a viable option at 3,000, which is a game size you can definitely play at any 30k night unless everyone is new.

Both the Mars pattern and the alternate pattern look cool as fuck. Visually it stands out from Knights and can fucking btfo of them with support.

The reaver is neat because it has the same sized weapons of the warlord but on a cheaper chassis. The downside is that its not fucking invincible.

frankly I think it looks derpy. That's just my view.

The warlord is essentially invicible. I think an equal amount of points in warhounds can beat it but I'm not sure. Its certainly god like in game and is immune to nearly anything 30k could drop against it besides other super heavies.

Visually it looks amazing, as I'm sure you can see. I would have preferred an Armageddon pattern Warlord, pictured here >>44399652 but thats just what I was reared on. The new Mars pattern looks great and is fucking intimidating.

Will you get to use it all that often? In an apocalypse game of 10,000 points its pretty decent and honestly that point level should be reachable with 3 other grognards like yourself doing a 2v2. You can also offer up fun scenarios (or maybe not so fun) for new guys like 1 warlord vs 2 seperate 2,000 point armies.

Even if you don't get to use it all that often, you'll still get to be known as "That One Dude who actually has a Warlord" which is always a plus (or not)
>>
>>44399831
>Warlord tier weapons

Pretty sure the volcano cannons and shit the Warlord gets are far more powerful than what the Reaver has. Also, triple turbo-lasers instead of double on the carapace.
>>
>>44399484
Two Warhounds and a Warlord. The Reaver might be points efficient, but it looks silly compared to the predatory Warhound and the implacable bulk of a Warlord. Two Warhounds are great for actual games, and maybe you can organise an Apoc game where you have a handicap but you can field one Warlord. Finally, the Reaver just looks derpy, and if you want painted, playable Titans, then you want ones which look nice. Just my two cents
>>
Warhound is the objective best.

>looks cool, just like the rest, but the animal look is less of an acquired taste compared to the other two
>not a weak unit, still one of the most powerful units for non-Apocalypse play
>can easily be put in normal lists at 1850
>costs the least amount of money
>>
>>44402146
>Pretty sure the volcano cannons and shit the Warlord gets are far more powerful than what the Reaver has.
You're wrong about literally everything. They literally take the same guns, the warlord just gets 2 of them.

There is no triple turbo laser, it just counts as a double.
>>
>>44403321
Warlord titan:
>Belicosa pattern volcano cannon
>180" SD AP1, Primary Weapon 1, 10" Blast, Machine Destroyer

Reaver titan:
>Reaver volcano cannon
>180" SD AP1, Primary Weapon 1, 7" Blast

You're right, totally the same gun.

>There is no triple turbo laser, it just counts as a double.

Anon, the picture in OP fucking shows the Warlord with triple barreled laser cannons on the shoulder. They're exactly the same as the turbo laser destructor (96" SD AP2, 5" Blast), except the three barreled one has 3 shots vs. the 2 from the turbo laser.
>>
>>44403502
>The difference is 3" off the blast.

>A Reaver Battle Titan may exchange its carapace-mounted
apocalypse missile launcher for any of the following:
- Double-barrelled turbo laser destructor
>Both of the carapace-mounted apocalypse missile launchers may be
exchanged for any of the following weapon types:
- Two double-barrelled turbo laser destructors .................................. Free

>But it only has 1 profile
>Turbo laser destructor 96" D 2 Primary Weapon 2,
>Ergo same gun.
>>
>>44403520
>The difference is 3" off the blast.

And Machine Destroyer.

It's still a different gun to the Reaver's, no matter how you spin it. Same with all the other Warlord arm guns, which are way more powerful than the ones the Reaver gets.

>Double-barrelled turbo laser destructor

Well whoop-de-fucking-doo, the reaver and warlord share one gun. With your logic I can pick the Warhound for half the points of a Reaver with Reaver tier weapons. Actually, twice as many as the Reaver can have, since the Warhound can have two double-barreled turbo laser destructors while the Reaver can have only one!
>>
>>44403628
>share one gun.

Both of the carapace-mounted apocalypse missile launchers may be
exchanged for any of the following weapon types:
- Two double-barrelled turbo laser destructors
-Two twin-linked vulcan mega-bolters
- Two Titan plasma blastguns
- Two Reaver laser blasters points
-Two Reaver melta cannon
- Two Reaver gatling blasters
- Two vortex missile banks points
-Two incinerator missile banks

A Reaver Battle Titan may exchange either of its arm-mounted
weapons for any of the following:
- Reaver gatling blaster
- Reaver laser blaster
- Reaver volcano cannon
- Reaver melta cannon
A Reaver Battle Titan may exchange its carapace-mounted
apocalypse missile launcher for any of the following:
- Double-barrelled turbo laser destructor
- Titan plasma blastgun
- War hound inferno gun
- Vulcan mega-bolter
- Vortex support missile
How retarded are you?
>>
>>44399484
All Lucius pattern variants
>>
>>44403679
>discontinued
>non-existent
>non-existent
>>
>>44403654
Not "Reaver can carry Warlord tier weapons" retarded, that's for sure. If turbo-lasers, plasma blast guns and vulcan mega bolters are "Warlord tier weapons", then I guess my Warhound also has Warlord tier weapons.

The Warlord mounts Reaver tier weapons on its carapace. It can carry 2 vortex missiles per mount where as the Reaver gets one. It has way more powerful arm guns, none of which are available to the Reaver.
>>
>>44403702
>It's not the same weapon cause there's 2!
You're actually retarded.
>>
>>44403709
>it's a warlord tier weapon because it's available to all titans!

It's ok, I know you're only pretending.
>>
>>44403738
It's ok, I know you're just autistic.
>>
>>44403744
Call me all you want, your claims are still shit.
>>
>>44403751
>Muh 3" difference!
>Literal autism.
>>
>>44403768
>shadowsword volcano cannon is the same as reaver volcano cannon, because it's only 2" smaller in diamater!
>ignores a whole special rule afforded to the Warlord titan's volcano cannon
>ignores all the other arm and shoulder guns available to the Warlord that are not available to the lower class titans

You can't weasel your way out of it, anon.
>>
>>44403321
>There is no triple turbo laser, it just counts as a double.
What is laserblaster?
>>
>>44399484
Depends on how big your army already is and what superheavies you already have, I would say
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.