[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The far realm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1445635523262.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1545) Image search: [Google]
1445635523262.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1545
Hey /tg/, being the roleplaying hipster that I am, I enjoy scouring the lore of various games for the most unused and forgotten about pieces.

So, have any of you ever included the far realm in any of your campaigns? It could be fun working with the strange physics and effects, as long as you make it your own and not just D&D lovecraft. Given the small amount of info, it seems like it's made for creative homebrewing, has anyone done that?
>>
>>44394739
Every DM who has read about the Far Realm, especially if they did it in their teen years, has come up with their own little homebrew on how it works.

As it turns out, unless you're playing Spelljammer or Planescape, a good DM makes the most out of a single plane rather than needing 12 others to make it work.
>>
did an entire campaign using only lore from the DnD books about the dynamics of the 3 non-physical planes, and the source of psionic power and shit

the books actually contain a lot of really cool shit to build on, man
>>
>>44394739
That pic, not sure if worksafe.

Looks like clits with faces tonguefucking vagina ears.
>>
Hentai tentacles without the school girls
>>
>>44394961
>Looks like clits with faces tonguefucking vagina ears

Around here we call that Tuesdays.
>>
>>44394961
Shh, they're all mouths. Don't put your gender roles and social standards on otherworldly monsters.
>>
Our forever-DM doesn't use the Far Realm much, but he seems to have fun with it when it comes up. Aside from the obvious tentacles, mechanically nothing from the Far Realm uses d20 rules, so you end up fighting a monster that rolls a fistful of Exalted style d10s for its attacks, then makes a BESM 2d6 DCV roll to dodge yours and such, and the whole while you're not even sure if it's trying to kill you or just saying hello.
>>
>>44394739

Such a sweet SAN loss
>>
File: pic-shrine-of-iggg1.png (402 KB, 631x451) Image search: [Google]
pic-shrine-of-iggg1.png
402 KB, 631x451
There's a super cool Dragon magazine issue about far realm stuff. Contains rules for Far Realm encroachment and shit and all sorts of fun spells and monsters. Dragon 330 I think?
>>
File: The Beast.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Beast.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44394739
>So, have any of you ever included the far realm in any of your campaigns?
Yes. Often. Usually as an intrusive force into reality that cannot be wholly comprehended, but scars the world forever even if it is properly dealt with.

Back when I ran 3.5, I threw the attached beastie at my party as a taste of what creatures can be found in there. My players had been exploring some of the rule materials on the darker end of the alignment spectrum, and were interested in a campaign where they'd get to use them. Not a "we're villains" campaign, but a game in which they'd get to play seriously disturbed or deformed characters. So I came up with a pitch: some good-aligned church had found a way to destroy the evil gods, and it was working on doing so. Turns out, however, that tipping or destroying the balance between good or evil had deleterious effects of the fabric of reality, which started fraying and tearing, allowing the Far Realm in.
>>
>>44394739
>Reverse search reveals nothing but cocks.
Not even attacked to monster babes, I am disappoints.
>>
>>44395210
Shit, I need to steal this
>>
>>44397458
Dumping something from another system in is always a pretty good way to make something seem really weird
>>
>>44394739

A new boner appears.
>>
>>44395451
That pic.
>Fuck you, I'm Santa this year!
>I summon monsters to pull my sleigh!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.