[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach: Shinigami Quest 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 13
File: bleach.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
You are Tsukuda Ryouta, a Shinigami of the 12th Division, an investigator of abnormal occurrences.

You were recently deployed to the Human World's New York City to investigate the disappearances of three Shinigami previously deployed to that area. With the assistance of another local Shinigami named Soren, you were able to get to the bottom of it and slay the Hollow responsible for the disappearances. You had to spend some time in the city after those events have transpired in order to make sure that the problem has been dealt with. Because anything out of the ordinary has failed to crop up, you were finally allowed to return to Soul Society.

It's been about a month after those events. The 12th investigated your discoveries in more detail, including the human who conspired with the Hollow, as well as the Hollow itself, whose sample you took after its purification using the small gadget Urahara had entrusted you with, and the Captain has now summoned you to his office in order to share the findings.

You've always found it strange that he goes through all the trouble to keep himself involved so closely with your work, from briefing you on the cases he wants you to investigate to hearing about your findings, all in person. You've heard that some of the Captains in different Divisions leave most of the work to their lieutenants, but here, it seems to be the opposite. Perhaps the reason your Lieutenant, Sarugaki Hiyori, seems so frustrated all the time is because she's not allowed to do any work?

Well, you're not entirely sure if that's something that can happen at all. Personally, you don't think you'd mind either way.

(1/2)
>>
>>44390793
Urahara's office is the same as usual, though you can't help but notice that the piles of papers threatening to collapse his desk have changed from the last time you've been here - but not in their amount. It's also a bit surprising to see the aforementioned Lieutenant here, with her ever-present expression of mild disgust and annoyance on her freckled face. Leaning against the wall by the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest, she gives you just a passing glance, her spiky blond pigtails nearly brushing your nose as she turns her head away.

"Ah, Ryouta-kun, you're here." Urahara, apparently fruitlessly trying to organize the workplace at his desk, stands up from his seat and smiles. "There's a lot to cover today, so let's get right on it, shall we? First of all, your recent mission in NYC, - that's the abbreviation for New York City, in case you didn't know - well, I'm glad that it was a success, though you really didn't have to go through as much effort as you did, with assistance or otherwise. But going above and beyond is something I really can't scold you on! So good work, Ryouta-kun."

He looks around and gestures at a chair. There's one more in addition to the one he's gesturing towards and the one behind his desk, but the Lieutenant isn't using them for some reason. Urahara, after some hesitation, decides to sit down in his own seat, though he's a bit hard to see behind his fortifications of documents. With a sigh, the blond researcher moves some of them away in an effort to make the view a little clearer. It has partial success, though some of the papers are on the verge of falling to the floor.

(1/2)
>>
>>44390819
"I apologize for the mess, Ryouta-kun. I've been so caught up in some work that I've begun to neglect some my other duties again..." He clears his throat and returns to the subject at hand. "That human who hid the Hollow in his body - you must be wondering how such a thing is possible at all. Well, Jack White is something we've taken to classifying as 'Fullbringer', a human with special spiritual abilities. We've been encountering such humans quite frequently, don't you think? We believe that our occultist from Germany also belongs to that type of spiritually aware humans. Why is that such a frequent occurrence nowadays, you must be wondering? There are actually some conditions that must be met in order to make the creation of a so-called 'Fullbringer' possible, you see."

"When a person who has endured a Hollow's attack - and survived, as a rule of thumb - then goes on to give birth to a child, the residual spiritual energy left behind in their bodies after such an attack is passed on to the child. The parents are too old to make use of that foreign Reiryoku, but a child's body can adapt to it and receive spiritual abilities. You see, during the Great Wars, at one point it became impossible to keep track of all the dead, so such attacks on humans were inevitable. And now that the next generation is taking over, a considerable chunk of which has had their parents as victims of Hollow attacks, well, encountering so many spiritually aware and capable humans is not surprising. Hopefully, though, these tendencies will wither out over the course of the next century... if the humans even survive that long."

(3/4)
>>
>>44390848
Urahara's casual smile fades, though his tone is still laced with interest; very befitting a researcher discussing a subject of his expertise. Though you're not exactly sure what Urahara Kisuke's expertise is... or how many of those he has. "The so-called Cold War seems to be nearing its end, and the threat of total annihilation is cooling down, but the humans still have enough weapons of mass destruction in their possession to wipe out their entire race. Shinigami aren't in danger, of course, and - should humans actually go through with it - they'll likely learn not to do that after the consequences of whichever attempt will serve as their first one. Even so, it'll still be a troublesome thing for the spiritual balance. A hundred thousand people dying isn't really a problem. But a hundred thousand people dying at the same time is."

"The balance can adapt to an increase in mortality rate as long as it has some semblance of stability, but not to those kinds of leaps. Maintaining balance in that scenario would require the other side to drop some ballast in order for the system to stay afloat - in this case, Rukongai's people is that 'ballast'. Do you understand, Ryouta-kun?" Somehow, the thought of doing that makes you feel a strange gnawing in your chest, though you can't tell what it is, or why it's there at all.

"Would you do it if someone ordered you to, Ryouta-kun?" Urahara suddenly asks, a cunning smile curving his mouth. Can he read your sudden discomfort that easily?

>"Of course I would. It's my duty as a Shinigami to maintain the balance." (2/3 Analytical Mind+)
>"I don't know. I think I would prefer if... someone else did it."
>"I thought you hated moral dilemmas of that kind, Captain."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44390889
Current Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/NZhLhCY5
>>
>>44390889
>>"I thought you hated moral dilemmas of that kind, Captain."
merry christmas, mushroom
>>
>>44390889
>Other. (Write-in).
"Would you? I'd like to think I'd try to think of any alternative first, but I'd imagine you'd have better alternatives."
>>
>>44390889
>"I thought you hated moral dilemmas of that kind, Captain."
>Writein: (Lie) If it is required for the survival of both humans and spirits I would do what must be done; however I would find myself asking why such a thing is nessicary. I have never really understood the nature of "balance".
>>
>>44390889
>"Of course I would. It's my duty as a Shinigami to maintain the balance." (2/3 Analytical Mind+)
>>
>>44390889
Is avoiding the consequences of an imbalance worth slaughter on that scale?
>>
File: 1373170884271.jpg (299 KB, 683x954) Image search: [Google]
1373170884271.jpg
299 KB, 683x954
I know bestcat will show up eventually and with the most recent manga chapter I can't wait.

Until then I've caught up on the archives and am ready to play for a bit... before work.

Really like that this is a more detective based quest, however it kind of feels like a lot of deduction and agency is out of player hands. Still a damn fun read though.
>>
>>44391058
>however it kind of feels like a lot of deduction and agency is out of player hands.
Thanks for reading and for the feedback! I've been trying out a few different approaches to make it work, and I'm still struggling a bit to find a good middleground. I'd appreciate hearing suggestions if there are any, though I'll keep trying either way!

>>44390924
Merry Christmas!
>>
File: fuckyoubuddy.jpg (125 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoubuddy.jpg
125 KB, 640x368
>>44391090
All good. It's a tough thing to balance. Sometimes players can't deduce things on their own or figure out what clues are since they can't see anything themselves and must rely on descriptions so either you're very blatant with clues or spoon feeding or players wallow around arguing trying to put things together.

Opening up up and allowing a deduction selection may be something to consider, branching out the quest and what have you as well as the encounter based on the choices and deductions players make.

I'm also interested to know just how you do combat calculations without dice or numerical values.

In any case I'm here for the ride and I wish you a merry christmas.
>>
File: 12743577_p0.png (71 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
12743577_p0.png
71 KB, 480x800
>>44391145
... why does Kisuke have a picture of an eggplant on his wall?
>>
>>44391090
Maybe makes the leads a bit more ambiguous so we have to deduce the best way to investigate further? Or give us more bits of evidence that we have to prioritize to investigate
>>
>>44390889
>>"Of course I would. It's my duty as a Shinigami to maintain the balance." (2/3 Analytical Mind+)
>>
>>44390889
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44391090
Perhaps once a.. basic amount of information is available, the players are supposed to reach conclusions. Higher analytical mind gives more clues at this early stage (if it's easier than that's just because the character has high perception and gives more data to consider). Reaching wrong conclusions escalate the matter and invoke a cost (more victims or target getting stronger or becoming aware of us). Following these events we get more hints and again things may escalate if we still don't figure it out. So, solve it early with little clues and get the best outcome. Fail, and it gets harder and harder every time with bad consequences.
>>
>>44391307
>>44391179
>>44391145
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to improve those segments using them!
>>
>>44391169
...do you not?
>>
>>44391910
I... no. No I don't. The closest it comes is three framed pictures of flowers on the bathroom wall.
>>
>>44391973
What do you have against eggplants?
>>
>>44392058
Eggplants are evil.
>>
>>44392105
Then you are lost!
>>
>>44390924
>>44390948
>>44390965
"I thought you hated moral dilemmas of that kind, Captain. But are there really no alternatives to such a thing?"

"As of now, there aren't any alternative solutions to that scenario. Maybe someday, someone will invent something to rid us all of those moral quandaries?" Urahara lets out a chuckle. "But from a utilitarian viewpoint, as things are and potentially could be, it's either a few thousand souls from Rukongai or the entirety of both worlds. It will be the end of everything should the balance break."

"Lay off of him already. Just get to the point." You hear the girl growl at the Captain from behind you. His good mood seems to take a hit.

"...Sorry, Ryouta-kun. It's just rare to see you feel strongly about something, so I couldn't resist probing you a little more. You're a difficult person to read. Honestly, I don't think I know anything about you. Though, if I were to guess, is it about your family in Rukongai? Well, I'm sure the First District would remain untouched even if such a situation occurred, and it wouldn't be you who'd need to kill those people, either way." His smile turns more polite. He might be right, but you're not sure. You think you do feel a little calmer knowing that the fate of your home doesn't rest upon the fickleness of humans.

"Before you went out on your mission in NYC, you wondered if I had a hidden goal to reach by using you. Honestly, I'm not sure why I've expected you not to realize that. Despite your plain appearance, you're a very sharp guy!" Urahara pauses to look over a document on his desk. When he looks back up, his much colder tone draws an end to the relaxed atmosphere within the office. "Make sure not to tell anyone the things I'm about to say to you, okay?"

There isn't any room to argue, so you nod. You recall Kagaku Oto feeling scared about you potentially getting him involved in something big by telling him a secret; well, it seems that this is the sort of thing he wanted to avoid.
>>
>>44392174
"Have you noticed that, over an unspecified amount of time about a hundred years ago, many Division Captains have abruptly lost their positions? Hirako Shinji of the Fifth, Otoribashi Rojuro of the Third, Aikawa Rabu of the Seventh, Muguruma Kensei of the Ninth, along with several Lieutenants... Records state that they've died, but there is not one mention on the circumstances surrounding their deaths. The truth is... complicated. Though it is an unquestionable fact that they have died, and their deaths are from a shared cause." Urahara begins.

"They were the victims of a conspiracy instigated by Sosuke Aizen, who used them in order to test an invention which had the function of erasing the boundaries separating the Shinigami and Hollows. The experiment, in a way, was successful in what it sought to achieve, but all of the subjects were killed... with one exception." Urahara glances in the direction of his blonde Lieutenant. She was involved, too?

"Sosuke Aizen..? The current Captain of the Fifth Division?" You ask. If what Urahara is saying is the truth, then how can that be the current state of affairs?

The Captain nods. After a brief pause, continues with his story instead of answering your implied question. "Around the same time, I, too, invented what I've taken up to calling the Hogyoku without even suspecting that someone else had created the same thing. It, too, was meant to serve as a tool for erasing the boundaries between the Shinigami and Hollows, though what Sosuke Aizen and I have made ended up with a much grander function than even that. To put it bluntly, that sphere is something that is capable of carrying out the desires of the people around it - in other words, grant wishes. Because our goals coincided in the removal of those spiritual boundaries, that was the immediate and most apparent function of the sphere, and what we thought, at the time, to be the Hogyoku's only function."

(2/3)
>>
>>44392291
"Sosuke Aizen was aware that both of our Hogyoku were incomplete, so he sought to combine them. Using his Zanpakuto, he managed to force me to carry out his order... but I managed to use the end-result before he did, and I wished the sphere away. Well, needless to say, he was quite furious!" For a moment there, Urahara tries to inappropriately lighten up the mood, but hearing a grunt from his Lieutenant, he cuts it out. "...I was in no state to put up a struggle of any sort, so he almost killed me in that battle. Thankfully, in the end, I was rescued. Unfortunately, I had to spend a lot of time to recuperate, after which I came back and neutralized him. During those decades, he did not manage to find the completed Hogyoku, stalling his plot until it was too late."

...Neutralized Sosuke Aizen? In what way?

"I was worried of the consequences that could result from his death, as I couldn't know the scale of his influence or if it would dissolve with his death, and truth be told, I think an open encounter would just provide him with the opportunity finish what he's started. So I turned his own Zanpakuto against him and rid him of his ambition. Sosuke Aizen is still the same person responsible for those crimes from a century ago, but he's now a shell of his former self."

Why not kill him now or tell everyone about what really happened?

"Because we still don't know what kind of consequences that would have, Ryouta-kun. And, well, it could result in quite a bit of needless panic. Things are currently as stable as they could possibly be, and I'd rather not disrupt that."

(3/4)
>>
>>44392336
But there are several other things in play here besides Sosuke Aizen's 'influence', aren't there? Such as Urahara Kisuke's involvement in research that tried to splice together Hollows and Shinigami, as well as Sarugaki Hiyori apparently being the only live specimen from that Hollow-Shinigami experiment. What does that make her, especially in the eyes of the law? These two seem to have a conspiracy of their own, one that may not be harmful to Soul Society like its counterpart, but is still something that shouldn't be talked about. You don't ponder it out loud, but you're certain that the Head of the SRDI is aware of your conclusions already.

"Well, now you know, Ryouta-kun. Do your best to keep it a secret, alright?" Urahara says, a soft warning that would seem almost like a playful joke if it didn't come out of the mouth of one of the thirteen most powerful Shinigami currently alive. It could hardly seem like a threat, but it certainly felt like it.

But... why tell you all this at all?

"Well, first of all, I trust you, Ryouta-kun. A guy with your talents should have more opportunities to grow, and that can't happen with everyone holding secrets. And... because I realized that if you knew what to look out for, you'd bring better results from your investigations. I am, of course, speaking of the Hogyoku. There is no telling where it might be or what effects its presence might have on the surroundings, and there is no way for a run-of-the-mill Shinigami to recognize it, either. I hired you with that specific goal in mind. You must help me secure it, lest it falls into the wrong hands." Urahara Kisuke pauses. It seems that he's finished. He's said everything he wanted to.

>Ask Urahara a question. (Write-in).
>You don't have any questions.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 500x398
So this is an alternate plot? I kinda liked the blonde guy with the retarded smile.
>>
>>44392385
>Ask Urahara a question. (Write-in).
"Who do the "wrong hands" belong to? Do any of the other Captains and Lieutenants know about this, or are you concerned over hypothetical situations where it appears randomly?"
>>
>>44392385
>>Ask Urahara a question. (Write-in).
"Can a human hold the hogyoku?
"If so,Can it be safely extracted?"
"what are the tell-tale signs of hogyoku usage?"
>>
>>44392385
Do you still intend to use it for its original purpose? What is the end result of a shinigami becoming more like a hollow? Do you have any leads?
>>
>>44392385
How did you turn Aizen's own sword against him? That's a part of him.

Wouldn't the sword try to talk him out of it? (note your lack of experience with your sword in this, perhaps he'll throw you a tip on how to unlock it).

How would you know if he ever breaks that spell? How do you know he was working alone?

Does the captain of the first division know about this?

Am I supposed to destroy the artifact or bring it to you? What constitutes wrong hands?
>>
>>44392385
>Permission to speak freely? Is there no way to destroy it? It seems like "right hands" may not exist for such a device.

>>44392404
Shinji? Backwards man?
I highly doubt he's really dead. Hell in the current arc he "dies" off panel in some big flashy attack almost every time he fights, but a few chapters later, he's always standing around like nothing happened.

The good news is that Gin is probably still around, although it's questionable that he wouldn't have killed Aizen himself at this point. Mind-wiped and depowered or not. It was the only reason he became a soul reaper in the first place.

Ichigo however still most likely exists and is either a Fullbringer thanks to his mom or a Quency... thanks to his mom. Albit probably unawakened currently. Aizens science project still lives.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 2995x2809) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 2995x2809
>>44392532
Yeah Shinji. Fucking teeth. Only Gin's face bothers me more.
>>
>>44392614
The Boss is not to be trifled with.
>>
>>44392385
Voting over, writing!
>>
is no ne going to ask how shady shopkeeper managed to reverse an illusion that was cast on everyone in SS?
Or how he beat riatsu speaking, the strongest shinigami that ever lived?
>>
>>44392768
Well, I asked. Though he's not a shopkeeper.
>>
>>44392291
>Shinji, Rose, Love, and Kensei dead
>Urahara and Aizen confirmed still here
>No mentions of Tosen, Yoruichi, Tessai, or Gin
My guess would be Aizen and Gin are still in Fifth, since Aizen wouldn't have been angling to get his subordinates promoted. Tosen probably didn't make it out alive if Urahara and company had a protracted fight during the Pendulum arc, and Yoruichi is probably still in charge of 2nd and the Onmitsu. Mayuri is also on the run.

Now I'm really interested to see who all stepped up and where.
>>
>>44392532
>Ichigo however still most likely exists
Urahara was never exiled, thus the circumstances for his birth never happened.
>>
File: 1.png (325 KB, 776x472) Image search: [Google]
1.png
325 KB, 776x472
>>44392788
I think Mayuri is in prison for his crimes.
>>
>>44392866
I was under the impression he was banished.
>>
>>44392866
this is correct. he's in maggots nest now.
in the original crime he was pulled from there to worth for Urahara because he had a unique scientific mind, then he became captain after Urahara exiled himself.

>>44392788
Gin had a lot of raw talent and power even if he was wiped too for whatever reason it's still possible that he became a captain or at least a lieutenant with a pocket bankai.
>>
>>44392909
Gin could trash some of the established captains. He probably reached a high spot on his own.
>>
>>44393065
>>44392909

at least in this reality he gets to be with his wifu hopefully
>>
>>44392501
>>44392458
>>44392419
"What constitutes as 'wrong hands', Captain?" You ask.

"Anyone who isn't us." His answer is fairly curt. "As I said, I don't know how far Aizen's influence reaches; perhaps he has co-conspirators that I'm not aware of. But even if that isn't the case, it's still too dangerous to leave such a thing in the hands of humans." He says, prompting a snort from Hiyori.

"Shinigami are clearly none the fuckin' wiser..." She grumbles. Urahara, surprisingly, nods.

"When you bring it to us, we'll try to destroy it. If that's impossible, then we'll have to figure out a way to seal it." He says. "That's not something for you to worry about, Ryouta-kun."

"Does anyone else know about this?" You ask.

"His co-conspirators probably noticed the change in his behavior and the stalling of their plots, but they can't do anything about that other than suspect me." Urahara explains, sounding a little proud. "Sosuke Aizen must be currently telling them to bide their time, but unbeknownst to them, he's not actually intending to go ahead with any of his plans... And as far as I'm aware, they can't proceed without him. I suspect he's been keeping his goals a secret even before I interfered."

From the way he's putting it, it seems that nobody else on Soul Society's side is aware of this situation. But who are the co-conspirators?

(1/2)
>>
>>44393495
"Ichimaru Gin of the Third and Kaname Tosen of the Ninth. Both are Captains, as you must be aware. If three Captains were to start a revolt, well... It's a good thing that it won't happen. Without their leader, they can't progress, and doing anything rash will just result in a bad end for them. Ichimaru Gin doesn't seem particularly concerned by Aizen's passiveness, and Tosen can't act alone. Perhaps Gin was roped into the plot against his will? I won't speculate without proof, Ryouta-kun. But I can assure you that they will never be able to reverse Aizen's current state of being." He says. It seems like a very fickle situation, but Urahara looks very confident in the fact that Sosuke Aizen is, as he puts it, 'neutralized', and he probably knows better than you do, so it might be best to just trust him on this. "Make sure to be careful around those two, okay?"

You nod and ask your next question. "You said you turned Sosuke Aizen's Zanpakuto against him, but how is such a thing possible?" You've heard stories of Zanpakuto not getting along with their users, but to the extent of using their own abilities against their wielders..?

"I... cheated." He answers with a smile, but doesn't expand on that. You're not exactly in a position to prod him further.

"Doesn't tell me, either..." Hiyori comments begrudgingly. Her reason for wanting to know also appears to be curiosity. Looks like that's a dead end. You ask another question.

"Are there any telltale signs of the Hogyoku's presence?"

"It could be everything and nothing all at the same time, depending on the desires of the people nearby. I've been looking into everything bizarre that gets reported and leaving whatever's left to you, but it's impossible to be sure about anything. The world is massive, so we might end up spending centuries looking for it without success. But we must take care of that loose end no matter what."

>Ask another question. (Write-in).
>That's all you wanted to know.
>>
>>44393530
>>That's all you wanted to know.
>>
>>44393530
"You mentioned you were rescued from your fight with Captain Aizen? Who was it that "rescued" you? If not who I can trust, it would be good to know who I needn't be overly suspicious of."
>>
>>44393530
I'd ask for training tips. Because If Tosen or Gin even suspects that I'm your agent I'm likely to die horribly, and I'm not even strong enough that they'll have to risk sending an important co-conspiritor to kill me.
>>
>>44393530
>>
>>
>>44393530
Voting over, writing!
>>
At work so participation from me may be sporradic at best. Will be reading. Hope its a long session.

Gin buddies soon maybe once we git gud
>>
>>44392862
And yet last thread revealed that the Captain of the Tenh is still Hitsugaya Toshiro, as opposed to Shiba Isshin.
>>
>>44394044
Urahara wasn't there to save missagi or however you spell her name from whites infection.
It also means that the z warriors won't get powers and rukia won't git gud because no plot rock.
>>
>>44394167
But White was the result of Aizen's continued experiments with his Hougyoku in like the 80s or so. If Aizen no longer has his Hougyoku, or any ambition, he can't make White.

And more importantly, even if White really did exist, Isshin was more than strong enough to defeat White one-on-one, which is why Aizen needed to sneak attack Isshin to make sure he couldn't win, which required Masaki to leave herself open to White's attack to save Isshin.

It doesn't add up no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>44394167
Reminder that Rukia have Ichigo most of her spirit energy and then did it again and STILL despite being at an 8th or less of her true potential in Canon, achieved bankai and became a decently powerful lieutenant. Imagine what she could be without splitting her power off.

We should have asked if all squad 5 was compromised due to captain Aizen.
Did he get lobotomized to be stuck In perma pre defect beta mode or is he still in JUST AS PLANNED?
>>
>>44394253
Curious to see how he was stripped of ambition and presumably spiraled into depression.
Then against n getting part of your soul sucked out like Rangiku may have triggered such a change.

They'll find him dead, but hanging from a noose rather than a blade.
>>
You know, this still doesn't explain how Las Noches is a giant dome instead of just a plaza, since Aizen only conquered that place after Gin and Tousen became captains, but at the time of the Hollofication incident, Tousen was a lieutenant and I'm not sure if Gin was even enrolled in the academy.
>>
>>44393584
>>44393593
"Who was it that saved you from Sosuke Aizen?" You ask. That someone must be aware of the plot as well.

Urahara Kisuke doesn't answer immediately, his eyes wandering away from yours for a few moments. "It was Hiyori." He finally says.

You can't help but wonder why he hesitated, but you don't know if you should test your luck by prying into this affair too much.

"If those Captains you've named suspect that I'm aware of what's going on..."

"Don't worry about that. As long as you don't tell, they won't have any reason to suspect you. I don't mean anything bad when I say this, but you're a very plain and unremarkable person, Ryouta-kun. Nobody would suspect you of anything. So, keep doing what you've been doing, and don't worry about anything, alright?" He seems fairly confident in that, so you'll have to trust him with this as well.

And if they do suspect you after all, there's nothing Urahara will be able to do about it. And you, naturally, can't hope to take on a Captain.

The Head of S.R.D.I. stands up from his seat, smiling again. "Ryouta-kun, you can take another vacation. You've done a great job so far. I'll let you know if there's anything I need you to investigate. You're free to go, too, Hiyori."

She grunts something in response and steps away from the wall she's been leaning on. On her way out, the door loudly slams to a close. Urahara winces, but makes no comment, instead gesturing towards the door for you and sitting back down behind his documents. After saying your farewells, you leave. Outside, the sun has set. It's late evening.

(1/3)
>>
>>44394758
Did we remember to get our mother any books when we were in New York?
>>
>>44394758
The blonde girl was apparently waiting for you a little ways out of his office, around the corner of a neighboring building, still with that ever-present scowl on her face.

"I didn't save him from shit. Shihoin Yoruichi did. I don't know why he's hidin' it, but I don't know a lotta other things 'spite being so involved with all this crap. I don't know why Shihoin Yoruichi quit, either. All I know is that it was the two of them who were supposed to return to bein' Captains, not just him. She was keeping us safe from Aizen while we were lickin' our wounds, but then one day, she's just gone." She smacks her palm against her sheathed sword, frustrated. Her fingers quiver slightly. Her usually brash and loud voice has softened up into an uncharacteristically worried whisper. "The thing is, I don't trust him. I don't think you should, either. But I'm not your mom or anything. Do whatever the hell you like. Just don't pretend that you were clueless by the end of it."

She's gotten very stressed and aggressive, though that aggression isn't directed at you; she keeps staring at Urahara's office building. The girl, having said everything she wanted to, disappears with a Shunpo, but not before you manage to get a read on her.

>Sarugaki Hiyori's Attributes:
>STR: A
>END: C
>AGI: C
>SPI: D
>REIA: C (E)

...Something doesn't align there. Hard work should only be able to get you so far... and only keep you there for so long. But you suppose it explains why Sarugaki Hiyori hasn't moved from her rank of Lieutenant despite all those years of service.

>>
>>44394785
A few weeks later, you're back in Rukongai's first District. You're carrying a bag with some books you've managed to take from New York before you were called back, and you hope your mother hasn't gotten these exact same books while you were busy. You've read only a few of them, but they seemed okay.

You spot a familiar red-haired person wandering through the shopping district with a bag of groceries in his hand, the look on his face just as dissatisfied as the usual expression on your Lieutenant's. When his eyes meet yours, his expression changes to confusion. He can't seem to quite put a handle on where he saw you, but...

...He calls out anyway, waving and approaching. Maybe he realized that there's nothing bad associated with you in his vague memories, even if he can't completely recall who you are.

"Hey, hey! It's been a goddamn while, hasn't it... Uh..." He's at a loss, after all.

"Tsukuda Ryouta." You help him out. His smile grows wider and he smacks you on the back.

"That's right, I remember you, Ryouta! Back in the Academy, we got beat up by a..." Ryuu remembers that there are a lot of people around here, so he doesn't finish his sentence. Your mutual devastating defeats at the hands of Hanae... that's not something to brag about for sure. His open-mouthed grin doesn't recede even at that memory, however. "Ah, well, ya know! How's the Twelfth treatin' ya? What're you doing out here?"

You tell him a little bit about the affairs in your Division - difficult, but not without results or decent pay. You ask him how he's been doing in the fighting Division.

(3/4)
>>
>>44394811
"I'm damn happy for ya! It's been a friggin' struggle in the Eleventh. They really don't let their rookies catch their breath, you know? I don't have much to brag about yet, but at least I'm a seated officer now." You congratulate him on the achievement and ask about the bag he's carrying. He lifts it up. "This? I'm runnin' an errand for the Lieutenant. There's a candy shop she-... you know what? I don't really want to talk about it."

His mood takes a sudden dive. You think a change of subject is in order, but Ryuu helps you out there.

"So where're ya headed? Got time for a drink? I know a place around here... we could hang out, Ryouta." He suggests, his grin coming back. It seems that he's forgotten about his errand already.

>"I was actually on my way home. How about another time?"
>"Sure, I have time."
>"I was on my way home. Would you like to come with me? I don't think a guest would be problematic."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44394566
We know nothing of ghost Mexico right now.
Gin was a 3rd seat under Aizen I think and tossin was 5th seat
>>
>>44394832
>>"I was on my way home. Would you like to come with me? I don't think a guest would be problematic."
>>
>>44394832
>"Sure, I have time."
"Though I could just walk with you while you complete your errand first, unless it's not really high priority."
>>
>>44394832
>"I was on my way home. Would you like to come with me? I don't think a guest would be problematic."
>>
>>44394847
Actually we do, from the Substitute Shinigami Quest epilogue.
>>
>>44394811
>>"I was on my way home. Would you like to come with me? I don't think a guest would be problematic."
>>
>>44394866
>>44394876
He's gonna hit on our (adopted) mom. I mean, it could be funny and provide some insight into the characters involved, but you know it's coming.
>>
>>44394832
>>
File: 1403172795829.jpg (17 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1403172795829.jpg
17 KB, 281x440
>>44394905
>>
>>44394832
Voting over, writing!
>>
aizen body swapped with Yoruichi

We go on a lot of vaccations and few missions it seems.
>>
How did Ryuu get a seated position?
I thought he was weak, like us.
>>
>>44394889
Didn't read that quest. No problem interest in it after the first thread.
>>
>>44395297
I avoided it too because I was pretty sure it was a yuri quest
>>
>>44395347
>>44395297
there was yuri but it wasn't the focus. It was a pretty depressing quest, the MC was very fucked up in the head.
>>
>>44395508

The quest may of been Bleach: The wrong choice edition.
>>
>>44394866
>>44394876
>>44394897
"I was on my way home, but would you like to come with me? I don't think a guest would be problematic." You suggest. Ryuu seems to be caught off-guard.

"Sure, sounds good!" He agrees quite energetically.

"But don't you have an errand to run?" You ask. You wouldn't want to give him any trouble.

"Don't worry about it." He dismissively replies, smirking. You suppose that it's a long way from here back to the Seireitei, so maybe an extra day won't be too much trouble. "Lead the way."

The Tsukuda house isn't far from where you just were. You knock on the door and wait. You've made sure to send a letter to notify her that you're coming soon, so this time around, it doesn't take much time for the door to open. On the other side is the slim figure of your mother, her hair still as messy as usual, her small mouth smiling and about to greet you, but when she sees Ryuu, she manages to just barely herself from leaping into a rough hug. After a slight pause spent regaining some semblance of composure, she speaks up.

"Ryouta! I'm so happy to see you! I didn't know you'd bring a friend... You should have written to me about that! I'd have at least gotten my hair in order..." She starts patting at it again.

"It's no problem, ma'am, Ryouta here didn't know until I told him just now." Ryuu tries to reassure her, and it's enough to at least get her to stop fighting with her hair.

"Ah, I suppose that can't be helped! Well, please, come on in." Shiori gestures inside, and the two of you go on in. A servant is still around, so some tea is made. Ryuu takes his bag and arranges its contents out on the table; it's a whole bunch of candy, small cakes and cookies, which he prompts everyone to take. Some of them appear to be from the Human World.

(1/2)
>>
>>44395952
All of it is incredibly sweet.

"This is a bit much for me. A kid would probably like these, but Ryouta and I are not at that kind of age anymore, I guess..." Shiori chuckles, setting aside an unfinished chocolate cookie filled with a jam so sweet that it makes it impossible to comprehend the berry or fruit it's supposed to resemble.

But you think it's strawberry.

"A kid would like them, huh? Yeah, you're right..." Ryuu ponders. He's going through his third cookie while you and your mother can't even finish the first. It's honestly impressive... and probably dangerous.

Shiori asks Ryuu questions about his life; where he comes from, his relatives, why he'd join the Shinigami, and other things like that.

"I'm from the 54th Northern District. Not quite as bad as far as Districts go, but nothing good there, either. Not a place I'm eager to return to any time soon, that's for sure. I've got no family there... or anywhere, really, if that's what you're wondering. It's just been me and a bunch of other brats doing nothing good, until someone told me that wanting to eat food isn't a normal thing at all. So that's why I joined the Shinigami - it's a better place to be in than there. It was a long damn way to get there, though. Thought my legs would fall off before I got to the Seireitei."

He's pretty blunt in his answers. His lack of tableside manners also shows, especially when compared to you or your mother, but you don't think he's doing it on purpose, and you don't think she minds. On the subject of his choice of Division, he repeats the same thing he's told you before.

"I hate weaseling my way out of problems, like most Shinigami have to do. I'd rather just fight something and be done with it. I've been getting what I was askin' for so far, so I'm happy enough with where I am. I'm not quite as successful as your son is, but I'm making ends meet as well as I can." He says. Your mother beams you another brief smile after hearing that.

(2/3)
>>
>>44396001
The evening goes along very peacefully. Ryuu seems to be enjoying himself, though not quite in the way one would probably expect. He tends to get a bit loud when celebrating something, and can't seem to do it without alcohol, but right now, he's very civil and calm without looking even a little bored. A good word to describe him right now would probably be 'tranquil'.

When Shiori is called on by a servant for something, the two of you head out to get some air. When outside, Ryuu stretches a bit before speaking.

"Man, I'm pretty jealous, Ryouta. Your family's small, but Tsukuda-san is great. Wish I had someone like her..." He trails off, letting out a wistful sigh. Ryuu lifts his head back up immediately afterwards, looking out onto the starry evening sky. "Well, maybe one day..."

>"I'd like to ask you something, Ryuu - how is your Zanpakuto?"
>"Have you heard anything about Hanae after you joined the Eleventh?"
>"Do you want a family, Ryuu?"
>"How did you get a seated position so soon, Ryuu?"
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44396052
Maybe ask for advice on contacting the zanpakuto spirit if he already has
>>
>>44396052
>>"I'd like to ask you something, Ryuu - how is your Zanpakuto?"
>>"Have you heard anything about Hanae after you joined the Eleventh?"
>>"Do you want a family, Ryuu?"
>>"How did you get a seated position so soon, Ryuu?"
all of the above but I'm mostly interested about his Zanpakuto and Hanae.
>>
>>44396052
>>
>>44396052
>>>"I'd like to ask you something, Ryuu - how is your Zanpakuto?"
>>>"Have you heard anything about Hanae after you joined the Eleventh?"
>>>"Do you want a family, Ryuu?"
>>>"How did you get a seated position so soon, Ryuu?"
>>
>>44396052
>>
>>44396052
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44396084
>>44396091
>>44396195
"Zanpakuto? I know its name, and I can call it out, if that's what you mean..."

"How did you manage that?"

"I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary, just the things we were taught at the Academy. And I guess fighting all the time helped, somewhat... What's up? You having trouble with yours?"

You nod. Ryuu scratches his neck, thinking.

"Well, sorry, Ryouta, I dunno what to tell you there. Not a word, though? You don't even feel anything from it?" He asks, to which you nod again. "You'd probably be better off talking with someone more experienced about that, like your Lieutenant or Captain or somethin', or if they're not that easy to find, some of the first few seats. Truth be told, Ryouta, even though I know the guy's name, I can't rely on him for anything, so I'm probably not the guy to be talking to about this. Not like his name's changed anything for me in the Division, either..."

"What do you mean?"

"He hates my guts, and I can't say I like him at all, either."

"Why is that?

"Beats me." Ryuu shrugs. "So I still gotta earn promotions by beating guys up with just my plain old sword... but the seat I'm aiming for has someone who can use their Shikai reliably, so I don't really stand a chance until I learn to do without it. That's how you get ahead in there - get good or go home. You just fight until you earn your comfy seat up above, you know?"

The conversation pauses. The evening air is haunted by a chilly breeze.

(1/2)
>>
>>44396821
"Have you heard anything about Hanae, Ryuu?"

A corner of his mouth moves downwards. "Heck would I know? We're in different Divisions, Ryouta. She's practically living a country away from me. No, I haven't heard a damn thing for years." He glances at you after a pause, probably gauging your reaction after his sharp response. You're not really reacting in any way. Maybe that's why he doesn't apologize. "...I bet that girl's still undermining her achievements. She always does. Well, glad I'm not around to see it anymore."

"Were you friends?"

"'Course not, Ryouta. We were in different classes and social standings, if you get what I'm saying. I've noticed her just like a lot of other people did. Everyone thinks she's perfect except for her. It's annoying, Ryouta. Some people need a little more pride in themselves, you know?" The red haired young man leans against the wall of your house, folding his arms over his chest. "I wanna say that you could use some, too, Ryouta, but I can't tell if you're happy with yourself or not. You're always so damn calm about everything, but are you actually hiding something behind that cool of yours?"

You're not really sure how to respond.

"You've got a great family and you're not needy at all. Someone like you has no business risking their life as a Shinigami. You've got nothing to earn from it, do ya?" He's still speaking as if berating you for something. You don't really understand why he's angry. Ryuu lets off another sigh after a pause. "...Well, it's none of my business, either."

(2/3)
>>
>>44396845
"Do you want a family, Ryuu?" You ask, trying to change the subjects.

"...Yeah. Kind of obvious, isn't it? I've never had one. Don't think I had anyone when I was alive, either..." He pauses again. "...Sorry for venting on you there. The thought of that girl's been really pissing me off lately." He steps off the wall. "I haven't the faintest idea how you think, and I'm not gonna pry if you're trying to hide it from folk like me. But at least tell me this much - are you happy, Ryouta?"

>"The truth is, I don't feel anything at all." (2/3 Analytical Mind+)
>"...I think I am."
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44396867
>>"The truth is, I don't feel anything at all." (2/3 Analytical Mind+)
>>
>>44396867
>"...I think I am."
>>
>>44396867
>>
>>44396867
I like both telling the truth and stat gains
>>
>>44396867
>Other.

"But occasionally, I'm feeling... something. I'm not sure what, though."
>>
>>44396867
>"...I'm not -unhappy-"
>>
>>44396867
Ending thread for tonight, it's getting really late for me!

Next thread will be announced on twitter, though I'm aiming for friday:
https://twitter.com/Mushroomgami

If you have any feedback or questions, shoot them my way!

Updated Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/zN2M6hxW

Thanks for reading!
>>
>>44397178
I'm kind of leery of tying stat upgrades to roleplay choices, because anons will almost never not choose them. Even if it's a trap. ESPECIALLY if it's a trap.
>>
File: i fucking love memes.gif (720 KB, 455x252) Image search: [Google]
i fucking love memes.gif
720 KB, 455x252
>>44397205
Let's hope it's not a trap, then!
>>
>>44397178
Thanks for running! Kind of a slow thread but it was good to learn what's really going on.
>>
>>44397265
Thanks for reading! I'll try to speed things up as much as I can.
>>
>>44397178
posts tend to be pretty long and that's good but there is a quite alot of time between posts,

perhaps they could be condensed in less important scenes? Although this thread isn't a good example of that since nearly all the scenes were important in some way or another.
>>
>>44397314
I understand! I've always been trying to get rid of those awful posting times, and I'll keep trying until I get it done!
>>
File: ginjo-helps-tsukishima.jpg (65 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ginjo-helps-tsukishima.jpg
65 KB, 1366x768
>>44397178
If I'm doing the math right by Tsukishima's apparant age, and it currently being "near the end of the Cold War", we should be seeing this guy pretty soon right? Especially with Fullbringers being talked about.
>>
>>44397339
Considering the length of your updates your writing speed is actually pretty good.
>>
>>44397366
Yeah judging by content I don't think the speed is a problem.
>>
>>44397178
>???? ???? ?? ??????????? ???? ??????'? ??????, ??? ????????? ????????? ????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??? ????? ???????? ?? ??? ????????.

Okay.
>>
>>44397420
Yeah that's great.
>>
>tfw Ryouta is totally Aizen and a bunch of other Urahara fuckery rolled into one
>>
>>44398757
I don't think we could be Aizen, since Aizen himself could be very emotional when he no longer perceived himself as being in control.

Of course, that only happened once in the entire series, but the point still stands.
>>
>>44399035
We could be an incomplete Aizen fragment, and require being whole in order to feel once again.
>>
>>44399074
i second this
>>
>>44399074
True, but I don't know how that would be even possible, like I don't think Aizen's bankai could do that, even with Urahara's science.

Also, maybe this is just the vibe I've gotten, but I think Urahara really doesn't know what to make of us yet, and I don't think our mother is secretly Yoruichi, so involving her seems weird.
>>
so we're pretty much playing a high functioning sociopath or low level autist at this point.

hope the next one comes out soon and has the change to run for a few more updates.

Cheers Mush!
>>
So Ryuu is pretty much Renji right?

>>44398757
Aizen is still captain so we can't be and if we were a fraction, why wouldn't he just kill or banish us? Why bring us on board to help him find the thing he neutralized Aizen for in the first place? Shit don't add up senpai.
>>
>>44400436
It's hard to tell, it seems like we DO feel things, it's just not much and not often.
>>
I'm kind of surprised we didn't get a read on Ryuu so far, despite hanging out with him for a while.

If he's already a seated officer, his stats should have improved right?
>>
>>44400833
feels set up that way from the start. bit railroaded thus far in the quest, but lets see.
I just get the impression that the character is either a completely blank slate or maybe the writings just off?
Either way, probably why we don't have a real zanpakuto yet. we have nothing for it to latch onto and grow from really other than paying too much attention to things.
>>
>>44400436
We love our mother and show her a lot of affection. We're not a sociopath, we're just somewhat closed and restrained.

>>44397314
I think for what OP dumps each turn, he types and posts rather fast. To do it faster would mean to lower quality. Forum quests are a bit slow anyway. I frowned at first too but this is preferable in my opinion.
>>
So we've done only two missions over a year and fuck all in between.
The first was in Germany, then in NYC.
X-Ecution is what I'm betting my money on.

>>44401136
Is that strong enough to awaken a zanpakuto spirit? Almost everyone elses was built off of some sort of strong emotional or personal aspect of the user since they are an extension of the soul.
>>
>>44401193
Maybe our Zanpakuto is closed off like us. I imagine it's illusion based Zanpakuto, analytical.

I don't think we have to use emotions to unlock it, there's always deep meditation in order to commune with it, which I think is right up our alley.
>>
>>44401311
>Ryouta and his zanpakuto are sitting staring at eachother for hours

>they both nod their heads at each other slightly

>shikai, get!
>>
>>44401311
I'm actually banking on something more akin to a lasso of truth or perhaps the ability to commune with other zanpakuto.
>>
>>44401012
I'll have to wait and see, but rewarding leveling up Analytical Mind seems like it could backfire fast, especially if that alters how the character himself feels (or doesn't feel, in this case).

Like, despite our seeming uneasy in >>44390889 if we picked the Analytical Mind+ option, would we have just dismissed that discomfort as belonging to someone else?
>>
>>44401379
How would that work in combat? I'm banking on Trap illusion. The moment you release your sword you begin recording a time loop. You must survive for 3 combat turns after which the loop is complete and the victim is trapped in a never ending cycle fighting you, "killing" you, and repeating it all over again. From a combat mechanic, they're just stunned in real life. Our release incantation is "Record, ... <name>, as we're recording the cycle.

Inside the illusion there's a seal, it replaces some tiny detail and it must be broken to end the loop, but it's unseemly, like it's inside a commercial poster on a wall of a building, or on an exposed page of a bystander's book in a radius of the fight. Very small detail that must be destroyed to end the illusion. Intelligent victims thus have a chance to break the stun starting from the 5th round, with a dice roll. The smarter they are the better their chances.

It's very fitting for our analytical personality, and like us the trap seems "plain and unremarkable" at first sight, until it dawns on the victim they're fucked when they cut you for the 25th time.

It also adds drama since OP can write it as if we're cut down in combat and the end is coming, and we can't tell just yet if we're fucked or survived the third round and managed to get the illusion to work and he's describing it right now.

pls r8
>>
>>44401584
>Trap illusion. The moment you release your sword you begin recording a time loop. You must survive for 3 combat turns after which the loop is complete and the victim is trapped in a never ending cycle fighting you, "killing" you, and repeating it all over again. From a combat mechanic, they're just stunned in real life. Our release incantation is "Record, ... <name>, as we're recording the cycle.
That's literally exactly what one of Mayuri's combat drugs do.
>>
>>44401656
Can't remember. I only recall he .. sped up the senses of that scientist hollow? Fashioning a hell where everything is frozen.

Mayuri is in prison so he won't develop the drug

If he does maybe it's inspired by our sword

pls r8
>>
>>44401656
It's definitely a recurring gimmick in animes. It's also in Naruto.
>>
>>44401689
He trapped a zombified Hitsugaya in a time loop.

And it's an incredibly limited trick. Either you completely win the encounter, because if they're just stunned we can slit their throat because they're left wide open, or the opponent is able to shrug it off immediately due to heightened senses/being smart.

I'd prefer the QM decide our zanpakuto ability in any case.
>>
>>44401752
It's basically a guaranteed stun for one turn, and then potential stuns for subsequent turns. Stuns are always powerful, and there are kidos that could do it too, but the trick is surviving that long. We're not combat savvy after all.

I agree the QM should decide though. Maybe it's better to allow players to choose from a limited list, but at the same time I feel a Zanpakuto spirit type is something that should be forced on us. You can't pick it like you can't pick family.
>>
>>44401752
I'm saying it's too powerful. One round completely helpless is an insta-win unless you're a god.

Only a handful of people can survive decapitation.
>>
So it kind of seems like the initial part of Turn Back the Pendulum happened as in canon, complete with Urahara leaving the Soul Society, but Urahara launched a counter-attack that neutralized Aizen's ambition, hid both Hougyokus, was able to get him his job back? Bets on him setting up Mayuri in order to get his job back?
>>
>>44402242
He cheated. *polite smile*
>>
>>44402242
I'm more curious as to how Aizen is still a captain.
I doubt we'll get anything other than info dumps until we can get stronger and even then I think Urahara would stop us in order to make sure we're low on the pecking order and of no real account.
Then again him spending so much time with us and us earning so much and being on vacation so frequently is pretty damn suspicious especially considering our low rank and power level.
>>
>>44405357
He wants us for our mind, rather than our power level. We're meant to analyze things which is why he instantly threw us into a 5th seat without even knowing how to release our sword. Being unremarkable is a bonus too since we fall under the radar.

The test we filled just had perfect results, something he was specifically looking for among the Academy hopefuls and found.

Aizen still being captain is bullshit, but whatever.
>>
>>44405575
You're missing the point of the post.
The fact that we make as much as a 5th seat, get sent on a lot of vacations and report directly to our captain when we can't even release infact makes us remarkable and suspicious as hell.

The only saving grace to the charade is that we don't get out much and the fact that the squad 12 keeps its mouth shut, but I can promise you the more me blab about our salary and squad someone's going to put 2 and 2 together and start up their own investigation.
>>
>>44405635
No one gives a shit about the 12th division you fucking nerd. It's a make believe containment squad to keep the academy rejects from starving to death in the streets. You're literally welfare queens so no, it's not suspicious at all a seated 'officer' doesn't know how to release his fucking sword yet because it's expected of you to be failures.
>>
>>44405635
>>44405933
Seriously, you guys are so pathetic even your Captain's only achievement was one time winning that harvest festival with his fucking genetically engineered eggplant. Fucking cheaters can't even win that properly.
>>
>>44405965
Can't remember what he even got as a reward for that. Some silly green white hat I think. Loser probably wears it all the time because winning with that eggplant was the highlight of his life.
>>
>>44405965
Sounds like someone's mad.
>>
File: 1451153483082.jpg (49 KB, 639x369) Image search: [Google]
1451153483082.jpg
49 KB, 639x369
>>44405933
>>44405965
>>44405984
Deepest lore
>>
>>44405933
>>44405965
>>44405984
Elevens please leave.
>>
>>44406014
You gunna fucking cry nerd? Why don't you go take your chemistry set over to 4th and see if the two of you together can figure out how to engineer some balls.

>>44394785
So with Yoruichi away and Ichigo probably not existing that means no lewd Yoruichi hitting on shy and nervous Ichigo.
This is the most alarming loss outside of Shinji.
>>
>>44406014
Where I rest my sword is my home. And last night my home was your adopting mother's CUNT
>>
>>44406002
>When Urahara fled Soul Society after confronting Aizen he only made a pit stop to grab his eggplant picture
So sad. So pathetic. What a broken man. No wonder he fakes that empty smile all the time. He's dead inside. Has a bigger void in his chest than a hollow. 12th division are pathetic.
>>
At least the 12th's Captain has a bankai

Hell, at least he has a fucking shikai.

>11thboos get bent
>>
>>44406040
>That scene where she opened her legs at the spa point blank to show Ichigo her purple forest will never happen
Why go on
>>
>>44406146
>>44406040
>Yoruichi hitting on Ryouta.
>There is absolutely no reaction, he just calmly asks her to get dressed.
>>
>>44406129
#rekt

>>44406169
>Is this part of the training? I don't get it.

>>44406146
>Implying the ninja who wears a leotard all the time isn't clean shaven.
She may be a cat, but there's not a chance she has fuzz.
>>
>>44406169
>(Analytical Mind+)
>>
>>44406226
>>44406169
>>44406219
He'd be on the level of the mom in nostradomus.webm
>>
>>44406226
>not taking the "Try to keep up" option to get (Endurance +++)
>>
>Next run is friday
>I work Friday
>Have worked every day the QM has run for the past 4 threads
Life is cruel

While smoozing with the captains would be nice, I guess we're stuck maybe getting to see the G-team of characters every now and then.
>>
>>44406129
>12th admitting 11th captain can tear their captain asunder with just his shikai against a fucking bankai
>>
>>44406219
>Japs
>Shaving
>>
>>44406335
Pretty clear that Yoruichi, Renji, and Urahara aren't japanese; but hey whatever you have to tell yourself to justify your fetish.
>>
>>44406360
Well in that scene she says it's been so long she forgot it wasn't appropriate to open her legs to a kid. Shaving requires maintenance and awareness. And even *if* they're not japanese, they've been 100% immersed in japanese culture. Suffice to say that puss is persian.

Shaven is preferable
But what Ichigo saw was a violet natural preserve, make dealings
>>
>>44406295
Who knows, maybe he'll run again tonight or sooner if he sees the thread up or gets bored.
>>
>>44407026
I'd like to do that, but I can't, unfortunately! A bit busy today.

I'm around to answer questions if anyone has any, though!
>>
>>44407063
Who are the current standing captains and their lieutenants?
Are we ever going to meet up with any of the other shinigami we've met, or do they tend to be one shot throw aways?
>>
>>44407232
The captains are all the same with the exception of the 12th.

Shinigami live for a very long time (unless they die), so maybe one day Ryouta'll meet his other Academy acquaintances again!
>>
>>44407334
How long ago did Urahara retake his position and how did he explain his absence or the shift in Aizens personality once he returned?

How old is Ryouta? Human spirit or spirit born?

Hard coming up with non spoiler inducing questions, but thanks fo answering!
>>
>>44407399
Urahara took back his position about 30 to 40 years ago, a short while after the incident involving Mayuri's botched experiment and his exile. He spent 50 years absent from his post before those events due to an injury sustained in the Hollowification incident.

Urahara didn't need to explain the shift in Aizen's personality because nobody knows that he's responsible for it, and to the majority of people Aizen seems largely the same as he always was. Maybe a little calmer than usual?

Ryouta doesn't know how old he is or whether he originates from the Human World or SS. His adoptive mother doesn't know anything about his life before he ended up on her doorstep, either. Or so she says!
>>
why the hell does Ryuu even hang out with us? Seems like we annoy him. Also our mom totally wants in his pants.
Or thinks we're gay. Or both.
>>
>>44407791
>Also our mom totally wants in his pants.
Or thinks we're gay. Or both.
What makes you suspect either of those things?
>>
>>44407840
Misread the hug bit. But that generally is how these sorts of things go in animu. Kid who hasn't dated brings home a guy or someone flirts with MC who doesn't catch on so she flirts with the buff and the MC gets jealous and he doesn't know why.
>>
>>44407906
This quest is based on an anime but definitely avoids lame anime tropes
>>
http://www.behindthename.com/name/ryouta
Our big thickness is cool and refreshing
>>
This might sound crazy but what if we're actually a modified zanpakuto spirit somehow? It might help explain our bizarre analysis skill and why we don't really seem like a normal person with a complete soul...
>>
>>44408324
Would be interesting, but it would take a ton of spiritual pressure and concentration to keep us manifested for all these years.
it would be stupid, but maybe we're Aizens sword
>>
>>44407550
Hey many years has it been since Shiori adopted Ryouta?
>>
>>44408510
For about two decades. Shiori forgot to keep precise track, and Ryouta never bothered to.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.