[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Romulans have Tal'Shiar >Federation has Section 31
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
>Romulans have Tal'Shiar
>Federation has Section 31
>Cardassians have Obsidian Order
>Dominion has the Founders
>Klingon spies never have a name and are only mentioned twice ever
Why are the Klingons such bad spies?
>>
>>44390716
Wouldn't the fact that Klingon spies are never talked about make them in fact the best spies?
>>
>>44390748
Well this thread ended quickly.
>>
>>44390829
quick, post Klingon super spies.
>>
File: NotASingleFuckGiven.jpg (130 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
NotASingleFuckGiven.jpg
130 KB, 533x400
>>44390842
>>
>>44390818
Klingons got cloaking technology from a trade with the Romulans that literally existed because they ran out of Romulan ship models in TOS and wanted to reuse the Klingon ship models.
>>
File: KLINGON SPIES.png (208 KB, 941x734) Image search: [Google]
KLINGON SPIES.png
208 KB, 941x734
Saved so that future generations can be warned.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 515x515
>>44390842
>>
>>44390902
Serves me right for not watching a lot of OS. Here I thought Klingons and Romulans had been at war for the entire franchise.
>>
>>44390716
Klingons are shit

They should all commit harikiri with their shitty bat'leths
>>
File: Klingon spies.jpg (50 KB, 400x901) Image search: [Google]
Klingon spies.jpg
50 KB, 400x901
>>
I swear I've seen this exact thread on /tg/ before.
>>
>>44391049

Why are Romulans always so butthurt?
>>
>>44393180

They don't have inhibitors of aggression. It's all on or off without emotional built-up. That's why they look so logical when in reality they are bipolar.
>>
Romulan and Cardassians have a diplomatic culture pretty much based on espionage. Being Tal'Shiar or Obsidian Order is like the goal of every citizen.

Klingons are all "Honorable Warriors!" even Lawyers "do battle face to face with their dangerous foes!" Spies don't fit their culture. acknowledging the essential use of spies for their government would damage their honor and weaken the strength of the government overall. discretion is more imperative to the function of their intelligence agency than any other because Qonos is constantly in danger of collapsing under the wight of their own society.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MLXFbHYZOk&list=PLE0bday0BMCp6i7g7OiToYjcHq8r0lUCO&index=3
>>
>>44390716
I'm tempted to go and dig up the manual for Birth of the Federation and try and find an answer for you. Because if that game was anything, it was a stickler for detail on the lore side.
> Decided to look up the game on Memory Alpha and Memory Beta. The answer is actually fairly simple.

The organisation was simply called Imperial Intelligence, or II for short. No Klingon name for the institute is given.
>>
>>44393023
You have.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/klingon%20spies/
>>
>>44391002

Nope, Klinks and Romulans were actually pretty chill with each other right up until the sixth movie, where Romulans essentially helped assassinate their Supreme Chancellor.

Then there was the battle that the Enterprise-C was at, both of those basically cemented the whole Romulan - Klingon antipathy.

It's worth pointing out that the Klingons had plenty of non-klingon spies on the books throughout TOS and the films. My guess is that Klingons know they don't make good spies, so they just hire/subjugate other races to do it for them.
>>
In real life, most espionage is done by agents that are actually traitors/natives of their own countries under the orders of agents that have diplomatic immunity like the personal of embassies. It's also more realistic for space civilizations where there are multiple races. Also there is also signal and infowar intelligence, besides the use of drones.
>>
wait the Klingon's have the Black Fleet

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Starfleet_Command_(game)
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
Send a cloaked Bird of Prey into enemy territory for reconnaissance and espionage capable of listening you masturbate in your room. Done.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.