[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A silly question /tg/. What sort of chill adventures are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 5435354375634756349.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
5435354375634756349.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
A silly question /tg/.

What sort of chill adventures are there to be had in a magic school setting. I've put my players in one and I'm out of ideas at the moment
>>
Library is actual on top of a ancient Indian burial ground that is ironically on top of a ancient myan burial ground.
>>
>>44388273
Deliver pizza in 30 minutes.
>>
Give them all homework and then when they get back the next week givem a pop quiz and tell them it's worth 25% of their grade this term.
>>
There's a rumor that X attractive person has a crush on Y unattractive person. Your PCs/one of your PCs has a personal stake in this and sets off to investigate/sets off to drag the other PCs off to investigate.
>>
>>44388273
Bullies use deadly forbidden magics to take over the school and become teachers. Now you must use practical jokes and general tomfoolery to make them lighten up and teach them about how to have fun.
>>
Some dumb frosh bumped something in a display case and suddenly DEMONS EVERYWHERE.

Some dumb frosh thought it'd be a great idea to try to make an Endless Decanter of Vodka. Without having had a single class in enchanting. Hijinks ensue.

If you want to go way heavier than you ever really should at the gaming table, date-rape accusations involving potions or charm magic.

On a more lighthearted note? Defending various historical campus sites during Hate Week, leading up to the big [whatever] match with Miskatonic U.
>>
>>44388273

Dares.

Characters are dared to try this magic potion.

They are dared to go explore the abandoned wing with the ghosts.

If they refuse, they get double dog dared.
>>
>>44388273
Charity bakesale that someone has poisoned with a sleeping/vomiting/turn-into-cat/whatever-fits-into-your-world potion and you must track down who's responsible
>>
File: yamibakuraistheDM.png (333 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
yamibakuraistheDM.png
333 KB, 639x475
>>44388273
Have a group of players come together for a typical table-top game.

Then have them sucked into said game and play as their characters.

It's so meta, it'll work!
>>
>>44388644
I rate it 0/10 because the entire campaign is boring and weeb as fuck.
>>
File: 1383766542171[1].jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1383766542171[1].jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>>44388273
A group of redblooded young wizards decides to summon a succubus for research purposes. They steal a professor's magic tome and perform the ritual in the middle of the night, hopting to finish up and return the tome before ayone figures out it was ever missing. But oh no, through some magical mishap they are instead teleported to a Succubus den!

Dare you escape my magical realm?
>>
>>44388273
Warlocks.
>>
>>44389085
those damn cheating bastards, they should put the work in and gain power through study.
but noooooo, they'll tell you they're just as mighty with the cantrips they weasel out of their fey and demon sugar daddies
>>
>>44388273
Troll in the dungeon
>>
>>44391558
You read books to get power. I sucked cock. Guess which was easier and more fun.
>>
>>44388273

Them hazing upperclassman done fucked up and trapped a couple of incoming freshmen in the storybook-world of an enchanted book. Now they need someone to go in and get them out before the teachers find out.
>>
>>44388273
Let them take the initiative, improvise at first and see what you're able to make of it. A magic school setting is all about the players taking initiative.
>>
Play Academagica. Rip off everything.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.