[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I need ideas >ideas of spooky >any setting >any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1448390014361.png (538 KB, 428x700) Image search: [Google]
1448390014361.png
538 KB, 428x700
>I need ideas
>ideas of spooky
>any setting
>any rules
>just spooks
>>
File: image.jpg (383 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383 KB, 2048x1536
>>44387788
A ghost generator
>1/2
>>
Being freshly showered and in your comfiest lack of pants, ready to watch [thing] for hours on end and realizing you forgot to go to the store so you have no food.
>>
File: image.jpg (457 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457 KB, 2048x1536
>>44387819
Spooky enough?
Is 1782000 possibilities enough for you? It better be, or spookula will come and get you.
>2/2
>>
>>44387788
The PCs are being haunted by themselves.
>>
File: 1428711919168.jpg (102 KB, 641x641) Image search: [Google]
1428711919168.jpg
102 KB, 641x641
>>44387819
>The ghost of a beautiful tree
>>
File: Haunted Places in the USA.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Haunted Places in the USA.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44387788
>>
>>44387788
When doing a horror game it's best to not tell the players beforehand. Sure, clear the idea of a horror game with your group first but don't let them know that this specific game or session is the 'horror one' or they'll spend the first half of the session waiting for the horror to show up and then more often than not they meta game the shit out of the second half.

The last (and only) horror game I ran was a game of Cyberpunk 2020 the started pretty straightforward. The PCs where a gang of murderhobos fending for themselves on board a floating city; a seastead built to cope with an overcrowded mainland. Of course, the place was run by an evil MegaCorp thats gone all 1984 and the game had all the conspiracy and gang warfare of a normal CP2020 game for the first half dozen sessions.

Then all the pieces if the setting fell into place.

The seastead was initially built to handle overcrowding but in the 80 or so years it had been built the world's landmasses had became uninhabitable. The 1984 fake news and Brainwashing existed to keep this fact a secret. Finally the cyberdization of humanity was being forced on the population not so the MegaCorp could turn a profit, but because whatever ruined the land could home in on the brains of anyone who thought about it and only a machine intelligence could safely contemplate the eldritch horror that consumed the land without summoning it.

Of course, the PCs where not machine intelligences so when they figure all this out the 10 mile wide seastead in the middle of the pacific crashed into something that managed to give it a 15 degree tilt and shut off most of the power.

That was when the horror part if the campaign got started.
>>
>>44388205
Kinda like brink?
>>
>>44387819
>>a machine which generates ghosts

Better than anything on the chart
>>
Boomp
>>
>>44390295
This I like

My advice/ideas are to not give a full explanation to what the spooky creature is and only give local tales, rumors and sightings which in turn have misinformation among the actual information
>>
>>44387886
>you're so beautiful
>like a tree
>or some ceramics or something
>you're so beautiful
>like a high class prostitute
>>
>>44387788
One of my games features a large Post-Apocalyptic settlement known as A-Town, it's nearest trading partner, The Bee Gee can only be reached through one road known as The Long Dark. For whatever reason one may only travel The Long Dark from A-Town to The Bee Gee at night, and will always arrive at night. On a map it would appear to take no more than an hour to reach, and when traveling from The Bee Gee to A-Town during the day it does indeed only take an hour; but many times the journey has taken days at a time. When traveling the long Dark from A-Town the path will never be the same. You will see the same set of buildings, and you shall follow along the same road, but you will find new paths off of the road, new buildings and new land marks.

Whatever you do, do not investigate them.
>>
File: snuffgolem.png (150 KB, 397x511) Image search: [Google]
snuffgolem.png
150 KB, 397x511
>>44387788
Google for a pdf of the Book of Unremitting Horrors, or try to get a copy of the Malleus Monstrorum (Call of Cthulhu) to leaf through

Also I've been trying to rewrite the Haunting into a Little Fears scenario lately, I got the monster, I got the house, the props, everything. The only key piece I'm missing is how the stupid thing showed up there. I want it to involve a toy that the monster can use to attack the PCs and a kid unwittingly inviting some eldritch monstrosity into his attic with it. But I've been stuck for like a week now
Plz halp, elegan/tg/entlesirs
>>
>>44395557
>kid's father had some demon worship going in the attic complete with a summoning circle containing a pentagram
>father was few steps away from selling his soul before he decided enough was enough and he did his best to cleanse the attic
>pentagram circle remained burned into the wood
>kid finds summoning circle one day when he's looking through the attic to find some old toys
>"hey kid, I'm a fairy. Ask a wish"
>kid wishes for his toys to become alive
>toys get possessed by demons
>wish-granter demon asked that in payment for making the toys come alive, he gets to go free into the world
>kid agrees since he doesn't know what he's dealing with
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.