[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How crazy are your Rangers/archers /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 350x250
How crazy are your Rangers/archers /tg/?
>>
>>44383927
I doubled as the team's communications manager for a while with notes on arrows. The GM always made me take a minor action to write the message and not shoot the recipient and the barbarian couldn't read and didn't care.
>>
>>44383927
Had one archer in an Anima game who turned his pet raptors, tables, barrels, fine china, boulders, and other miscellaneous items into arrowheads.
Sometimes he'd let the transformation spell go mid-flight, others he'd wait until the arrow hit or missed.
One mook wound up with a cat-sized raptor inside his abdominal cavity, another wound up under an iron-reinforced wooden door after a "Death from Above" moment.
Good times, good times.
>>
>>44383927
she has tried to kill every single NPC we have encountered so far, and NPCs we haven't been introduced to yet

she's also keeping her dead brother's skull alongside the skull of a satyr that tried to steal it from her

i'm slightly worried
>>
File: message for you sir.gif (936 KB, 320x165) Image search: [Google]
message for you sir.gif
936 KB, 320x165
>>44384386
>not shoot the recipient
>>
>>44384574
Sounds like wincest. And edge. And very annoying member of the party.
>>
>>44384645
all three are correct
>>
File: 6c6.png (19 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
6c6.png
19 KB, 165x115
>>44384655
True Resurrection is a thing and would make things very awkward very fast.
>>
Not at all, they're usually the most reasonable in my games.
>>
File: 318.jpg (89 KB, 770x254) Image search: [Google]
318.jpg
89 KB, 770x254
>>44384717
>would make things very awesome very fast.
FIFY
>>
>Have a bow that summons ice arrows out of water vapor in the air.
>This is a standard ranged weapon in one country of the setting.
>Some of the best archers have the ability to fire multiple arrows at once with such bows, a la the OP pic.
>My character's shtick is the ability to summon arrows off the bow, that is, floating in mid-air.
>Pic related with ice arrows is the result.
>>
>>44383927

I'm playing a Gnomish ranger based off Dog the Bounty Hunter. Thus far he's killed a pirate captain and claimed his boat and adopted an angry Dwarven monk and an investigator who's looking for someone or something stupid I don't really care. Also there's a country bumpkin Elf chilling with us. Last session ended with us setting sail for Undead Viking Biker Gang territory.
>>
>>44384644
There was that one time that I actually did shoot the barbarian.
Bless his player, the guy just plucks the arrow out of his back, holds it up and says "Bort has Mail!"
Ofcourse, then we remembered that barbarians can't read and he had to intimidate one of his opponents into reading it to him.
>>
>>44384752
You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.
>>
>>44384752
Who is it that keeps posting Oddman 11 on /tg/? Is it just you? I haven't seen or heard of it anywhere else.
>>
>>44384824
There has to be at least two people.
>>
One of my longtime player's Rangers managed to escape a grizzly bear by leaping over a rushing river, while carrying an unconscious character under each arm and suffering from the effects of a debilitating poison.
>>
>>44385246
ITT: Brock Samson
>>
>>44385246
rolled a nat 20 on his athletics and con check eh?
>>
File: IsthatWestleyfromPrincessbride.gif (749 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
IsthatWestleyfromPrincessbride.gif
749 KB, 245x189
>>44383927
My ranger actually speaks with an elvish accent.
>>
>>44385270
Fairly close. He made a strength check (penalized for the characters in tow) to leap the river, a dexterity check to avoid the bear's lunging grasp and a willpower (wis+con) check to shrug off the effects of the poison. (The last of which he'd been having to make every single round to act at all).

His character successfully cleared the leap with both bodies in tow while the bear fumbled its lunge and was washed away in the rapids, never to be seen again. I'd secretly been counting on the player to be washed downstream as well for story reasons but after all that I had to give him his victory.
>>
>>44383927
>Arrow wizard
>Casts "5 arrow shot"
>>
It took two rounds but my best archer could hit, not shoot at, HIT, anything he could see, regardless of distance. He carried a telescope.
This would have been much more useful had 95% of the campaign not taken place in narrow underground caverns.
>>
File: daffy.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
daffy.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>44383927
>How crazy are your Rangers/archers /tg/?
Completely daffy.
>>
>>44383927
Had a Gnoll rogue that took some Ranger feats that was hellbent on making a Warforged's head into a helmet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.